[F01 - PP] A flower is the «Secret Medicine of the Forest» ?

He seemed more interested in the unique skills talks, taking in the information like a sponge. The blonde would shrug and reply to his question:" Next two were a pair of best friends from my guild, one had a skill that allowed him to wield two weapons and use strong sword arts while the other I don't even remember what it was called, never knew what it did. We weren't close." she was starting to dig in some old buried memories so her expression would gradually change from a smile to a frown as she related, showing that there was more to their story than she said: "They both died during a boss fight." she plainly stated, bending the truth a little.

After then a smile, albeit a sad one, returned to her expression: "Teayre is a katana user that had the skill called Battojutsu, her weapon and the skill involved a vampiric effect. I haven't heard from her for a long time. Coincidentally she was Cal-kun's girlfriend." she added on a lighter tone, slipping out signs of the closeness between her and the couple. By her standards she was relating events from a lifetime ago, nobody was talking about unique skills since they became a dead subject: no new ones have ever been discovered or made public.

Spoiler

Stats:

• 1,570 HP (78 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 154 Energy
  • 79 Mitigation (25 +54[armor])
  • +4 Accuracy (1[precision] +1[weapon] +2[trinket])
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • 19 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity])
  • +4 Fallen Damage (Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) add fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +48 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +78 HP Battle Healing (While in combat, recover 5% of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.)
  • +5 LD +3 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons: 15 posts CD and labyrinths3 posts CD)
  • Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)
  • Taunt +1 Hate generated from Howl, Focused Howl, and successful attacks.)
  • Keen (After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this)
  • Frost Thorns (Successful attacks against you deal 21 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Successful critical attacks against you deal an additional 6 unmitigated Frost damage each enemy turn for 2 turns.)
  • Recovery (Regain 3 additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.)

Skills: Pic at 510x450 Downscaled to 385, right side alignment

Equipment: adb95ccdc2bc2573e5e2ea2eb8a0203c.png

≪Shi’s Talon# 134787≫ ≪Leonidas' Strength#151568≫ ≪Finger Claw Filigree# 151884-1≫
T2: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Fallen T3: Holy Blessing | Holy Blessing | Mitigation | Mitigation T1: Accuracy | Accuracy | Taunt
A long two handed assault spear made of polished maple. Its tip is a brilliant golden colour and is surrounded by tufts of white feathers.
A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
An intricate golden chassis to be wrapped around one's finger. It's incredible sturdy, sharp and shiny, capable of aggravating enemies with a well-placed redirection of light.

Inventory:  

• ≪Basic Teleport [Crystal]≫
  • ≪[T1] Blank Dungeon Map≫
  • Spoiler
    ≪Rho Aias#156757≫
    T3: Taunt | Mitigation | Recovery (Shield)
    An ebony saya with a crimson cord wrapped around the top, made of a mysterious, highly durable material. The scabbard is more than capable to withstand blows, deflect attacks. Its regenerative properties emit a soft green glow when procced. To uphold the legacy of its name, the sheath was forged with the intent to help capable users protect themselves; instead of their blade.
  • Spoiler
    ≪Mothbrand#156715≫
    T3: Vampiric (Off) | Vampiric (Off) | Accuracy | Accuracy (1HSS)
    An antenna taken from Mothra's corpse, sharpened that could be used as a weapon.The grip is orange and yellow-like colored while the blade itself is blood red with orange runes in the middle.
  • Empty
  • Empty (Dimensional Backpack Slot)
  • Empty (Item Stash Slot)

Consumable Buffs:

• None

House Buffs: 

"Well Rested" "Squeaky Clean" "Filling" "Relaxed" "Tasty" "Item Stash" "Skylight (Skill)" "Multipurpose" "Hard Working" "Advanced Training" "Decor: «N/A»" "Delicious"
Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Hearing what she had to say, Chase seemed to be somewhat interested, opening his mouth to ask where they were before hearing the news, freezing momentarily. "Someone that strong... Died?", he thought to himself, his eyes wide open in surprise. "E-Even so though... I can't just give up and let others take the frontlines. I'll just have to find a way to surpass them, even without unique skills.", he continued, finding his composure again and listening to what she mentioned about Teayre. That was the only skill he really 'knew' about, and all he could tell was that it must have some healing effect on the user, hence 'vampiric'.

"So they fight together.", he questioned, assuming that they must still be together. If one had a katana, like Shay, and the other wielded a shield and played the role of a tank, the strongest in the game too, they must be invincible together. "So I have to surpass Calrex and Teayre. I should learn how to adapt to this world and make it my own.", his inner monologue continued, looking down at his own sword silently with a somewhat troubled look. Shay had shown him the basics of using sword arts, but he had no technique of his own to polish or even wield a sword properly. The system's aim assist did most of the work for him, he only knew how to activate said skills. "I see. What will you do now?", the boy asked, seeing how she didn't have anything else to add to the matter of unique skills and other noticeable strong players.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 10
HP: 200/200
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Cloud Cutter>> (T1/Perfect/2HSS): DMG III
Armor: <<Sky Blue Apparel>> (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I; REC II
Misc: <<Warm Earmuffs>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*5
T1 Uncommon Damage Potion (+1 DMG)*1
T1 Special Over-Health Potion (+50MHP)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

At the mention of the couple fighting together, Ariel involuntarily made a hiss; similar to the sound one makes when they get burned by touching a hot object (sucking air through your teeth). It was a complicated subject: "Those two are kind of separated right now. As I mention Teayre hasn't been seen for a long time and Calrex only seems to appear to important events and raids. They both became kind of recluse right now, one more than the other." she sighted, not remembering exactly how much time has passed since she saw the crimson-haired katana user. He didn't seem to press on, a luckily break for Ariel as she wasn't sure if she was willing to discuss more on the subject.

To his next question she plainly replied: "No plans." an idea making her brows raise slightly before she voiced it: "How about we do another quest?" she asked, not waiting for his reply as she pulled out her HUD and started scrolling through her quest list, going all the way to the top to the beginner quests on floor 1. "We got some options on this floor, man I can barely remember what you have to do on some of these.." she mused, her eyes scanning over the text in front of her.

He shot her a slightly suspicious glance at the mention of doing another quest, furrowing his eyebrows and frowning a bit. "You're sure you'll keep helping me for free?", Chase asked, not sure how people enjoyed taking their sweet time to help others, be it for money or some other compensation. He was overall quite suspicious, but especially having seen how much she did, he didn't want to end up owing her anything. "You're wasting time being with me.", he continued, knowing fully well just how worthless doing anything around him was as he rested his left hand on his sheathed sword, keeping his other hand on his belt.

Waiting for an answer though, he gave the whole Calrex and Teayre matter some thought. "... Can you even know they're players, in that case? They sound like they're part of the game, maybe they're like the Artisan or other people that give you quests.", he pondered after having taken note of just how scarcely they seemed to appear. "If that is the case, it'd explain why they have unique skills too, since they're not players..."

"Seems we have clashing viewpoint on the matter!" she said with a grin. "You may see it as me wasting time, but by doing this I'm making a time investment for the future. The faster you reach the frontline the faster I get some load off my back." The look in his eyes, it was like his initial suspicion from when they first met but unlike that time, she had a pretty good idea regarding his drive and would use it with little to no hesitation. "Plus I am the iemoto (grandmaster) of the Shirajishi-ryu." Only the first term should be translated to ChaseR as she had chosen to register the household name with the latin alphabet instead of kanji. "It wouldn't be very teacher-like like of me to ignore someone in need of knowledge.

This was the first time she had used her this new introduction, it had a different ring to it which she liked very much. There was also the reality that her school didn't have any students yet nor did she finish setting up the place. That was also one of the reasons she went to visit her tailor teacher at this floor.

Chase cocked an eyebrow, looking at her and noting how she introduced herself like that only now. He crossed his arms, asking sarcastically in a somewhat arrogant manner. "So you're a teacher now? Who else is your student, miss tailor?", the bluehead joked once more, laughing lowly and choosing to trust her. So long as she wanted just to show him the ropes, everything was okay. She did the same thing as Shay, in other words. 

The only thing that might have seemed off was Chase's tone. He laughed and poked at her patience with the little remark, but he hadn't understood she was being serious about it and it showed. "Am I the first to have the honors?", he finished and eventually stopped laughing, looking to the side and rubbing the back of his neck as he shifted back towards a more serious look. "We should get going. What quest is next?"

"Not exactly." mused the blonde with a sheepish smile. "I have three more players moving in at the estate so you wouldn't be the first." With a grin, she flipped the HUD she was mingling with and made it visible for him to see the quest details: "This quest is on this floor as well, it involves combat but you don't have to worry too much about it. Apparently this is a popular low level quest because of the item it gives. Apparently it was pretty good at low level, not sure if its the same quest I took though. Cardinal changed stuff a lot over the years"

While waiting on him to read the details, her mind wandered to the prospect of getting students, at some point she had to go out and make the school public but for now there were still plenty of things to set up. Not to mention the impending floor boss raid that they were preparing to challenge. Though it seemed that information hasn't reached floor one yet.

Chase froze momentarily, looking at her with a small frown as she mentioned there being more. "... I see. You weren't joking.", he said silently, looking to the side before pulling down his menu and opening up the party window. It looked as if he was thinking about leaving the party, although he was hesitant and didn't pick anything just yet. He looked at it with a melancholic expression, furrowing his eyebrows before grunting and lifting his head to look Ariel in the eyes.

It was hard to tell what had gotten into him, quite much so. "If you'll help me only as a teacher, I'm fine on my own too. I'm not interested in joining a group.", he stated, wearing a big frown on his face. He looked as if ready to cry, although for no apparent reason. "I'm bad at talking to others.", he finished, although he was certainly not saying everything on his mind.

"Who would joke about such thing?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, sensing a change in his mood. "If you don't want me as a teacher what would you like onee-san (elder sister/female) to do to you?" she added with a meaningful smile, trying to lighten up the mood. Seems like the idea of belonging to a group really upset him so the blonde started waving her hand dismissively. "Easy there tiger, I was just going on with your joke. You'd still need to pass a series of tests before you get accepted into the Shirajishi-ryu." She puffed her chest and stood a little tall as she delivered her next comment "Despite being a new school, we are backed by one of the biggest merchant guilds Firm Anima, which is also supplying the frontlines with the consumables needed for the fight." She couldn't have guessed he was shy but by judging from his reaction there had to be something more to it than that. "Besides, I said I would help you as an investment right?" she asked in the end with a grin and a raised index finger next to her cheek.

Chase silently looked at Ariel, still feeling rather confused. If she didn't want anything from him, then why would she help, after all..? There was nothing for her to gain, only time to waste. Even if she wanted to find out how to help others, he was too eccentric to be of any use for gathering "data" on what the right attitude is. He furrowed his eyebrows once more, simply nodding and looking to the side. "Whatever the case... I don't want to work in a group. I'm better off sticking with her until we clear the game.", he murmured the last part, letting out a deep sigh.

"If you still want to help me... At least lead the way and explain how I'm am investment.", he asked of her, crossing his arms and avoiding eye contact. Using terms like 'onee-san' and other familiar ones like that, would only cause him to feel more mixed on the matter. He knew that already, but he didn't want to be affected by it too much. Likewise, looking her in the eye alongside all her playful gestures was the only other way to get to him quickly- to anyone, really.

"Yare yare (sigh onomatopoeia)... This way!" she said with renewed vigor, slightly shaking her head at his reaction. The blonde started feeling like she was talking more and more to a tsundere(person with ambivalence) and the mere thought of that visibly raised her spirits. "That's pretty obvious, I told you earlier. The faster you get through the tutorials, the faster you start understanding the game and think about what build suits your style. Investing your SP accordingly, doing quests for sp more effectively and raising in level faster until you get to the frontlines. Once there you can start pulling your own weight towards our goal and ease the burden off of the rest of us front liners." she started explaining with a raised index figure, adopting a teacher-like tone, as she linked facts one after another.  

Meanwhile, the blonde guided them towards a different exit from the town of beginnings, one that leads into a smaller village safezone. The two don't get to make two steps inside the village, when an a NPC with a golden question mark (!) crosses their path and start telling them the quest details. It was all pretty straightforward if not a little different than what she remembered: get the medicine from the mobs from the forest adjacent to the village, it's dropped by a special mob that's easily distinguishable but spawns harder, so they will have to kill some normal mobs before it appears.

Chase nodded along, feeling kind of awkward for having forgotten it despite her having just mentioned it before. "A-Ah, right.", he mumbled, letting out a sigh and following her towards the NPC"She did say that before, right. I just didn't remember because I was busy getting second thoughts about partying with her...", he thought on and on, discouraging himself a bit and even taking away his focus from the quest while hearing the details. As the NPC was done speaking, the bluehead looked at her and gave a small frown before asking to verify what he did hear was correct.

"Enter the forest, kill the monster and come back to turn in the quest.". It was less of a question than a repeat of what he heard, to be fair, but... It have been enough for him. Any other quest he'd taken up so far got the mobs to spawn instantly or to already be there, so he didn't even consider one would be even remotely rarer than the rest. "If I keep going at this rate, it won't be long before I've caught up with Shay. She still knows so much more than me though."

"Umu!"came the blonde's reply alongside a nod as she heard ChaseR put out a summary of pretty much every quest ever created. "In our case this specific monster is not going to appear that easily so we need to wonder a bit through the forest to find it." she said, eyeing the trees nearby, trying to jog her memory to find a way to shorten their search a specific location or route that would lead them straight to the nepents' nest. She let out a sigh as she couldn't think of anything, her shoulders slightly slumping as she started leading the way through the forest, unleashed by the fact that they had to rely on luck to find their target. 

She pulled her out her HUD and her finger graciously started sorting out through the quests she had information about: "Breaking the rock, if he wants martial arts.... let there be light to find the lost girl... the two bee quests... the minotaur was pretty easy too...  " she muttered more to herself but Chase could also hear if he paid attention. After compiling a short list she passed it onto ChaseR and grinned. "These are some starter quests that give you good SP rewards. You should look on finishing them before others. I'll pass on their details to you as extra service." she did it more to fill her time until they found the plants but wasn't about to tell him that.

Ariel uses Tracking on 'Nepent'!

Chase silently took a mental note of the extra tidbit he'd missed out from the NPC's explanation, watching her slump and raising an eyebrow, uncertain as to why that was. So what if they had to kill a monster or two before getting to the quest's objective? It'd be a good chance for him to practice his swordsmanship after all, although that's if he even got the chance to do something like that without her swiping them out in a single hit. Thinking about it, just how out of place she must have felt over here made her whole stance make more sense.

Regardless, he stopped thinking about it as soon as the list was presented to him, giving a nod and beginning to skim through them one by one. He'd already set his eyes on the martial arts one, although more so because it sounded interesting rather than due to wanting to pick up martial arts. "Okay, thanks.", he let her know before continuing to read down the list, seeing just how many of them there were. For every one quest that seemed challenging so far, another would always emerge to prove the verdict of "wow, this looks hard" wrong. Every single damn time. "I'll look more in-depth later. How close are we?"

The blonde listened to his inquiry and surveyed they nearby area, thanks to her recently aquired 'Tracking' mod, she could see various highlighted 'footprints' that lead in one direction. "We're almost there." she said with a grin and activated her 'Quick Change' mod. While she was previously unnamed, or better said, she kept her weapon in her inventory; now an ebony sheath materialized at the right side of her waist. Nearby bush movements drew her attention and she reached for her weapon, unsheathing the blood red runed sword but she wasn't done yet. Wanting to put both of her new items to test she also hold in her left hand, the ebony saya that previously hosted the blade, in a reverse grip. This pseudo dual-wielding was something she had in mind ever since she thought of taking a tank role for the next floor raid, today she'll show it off for the first time. With a glance behind at ChaseR she added: "They're in front of us."

Her familiar wasn't present, Ariel deciding to leave the lioness behind for the trip today. She had to improvise the 'howl'. With a grin, conjuring her familiar's image and behaviour in her head, the blonde let out a powerful predatory roar as if her lion familiar was the one doing it; initially it looked like she successfully scared all the birds from the nearby trees. "GGGGAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"(japanese onomatopoeia for a lion's roar)

She reeled a bit, surprised how well she managed to replicate her familiar roar using the other newly aquired tank skill: 'Howl'. From the nearby bushes, four plant-like walking creatures made their appearance, drawn by the blonde. "I'll keep their attention on me and leave the killing to you!" she shouted as she took a defensive stance with her weapon and 'shield'.

Ariel uses Quick Change! -> New Equipped items, Stats Updated!

Spoiler
≪Mothbrand#156715≫ ≪Leonidas' Strength#151568≫ ≪Rho Aias#156757≫
T3: Vamp. (Off) | Vamp. (Off) | Accuracy | Accuracy (1HSS) T3: Holy Blessing | Holy Blessing | Mitigation | Mitigation T3: Taunt | Mitigation | Recovery (Shield)
An Antenna taken from Mothra's corpse, sharpened that could be used as a weapon.The grip is orange and yellow-like colored while the blade itself is blood red with orange runes in the middle.
A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
An ebony saya with a crimson cord wrapped around the top, made of a mysterious, highly durable material. The scabbard is more than capable to withstand blows, deflect attacks. Its regenerative properties emit a soft green glow when procced. To uphold the legacy of its name, the sheath was forged with the intent to help capable users protect themselves; instead of their blade.

Ariel activates Howl!

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:148/156 | DMG:12 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:1 | LD:5 | BH:79
  • ChaseR | HP: 200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:8 | ACC:3 | EVA:1 | REC:2
  • [3,0] Nepent 1 | HP:7/7 | DMG:3
  • [3,0] Nepent 2 | HP:7/7 | DMG:3
  • [3,0] Nepent 3 | HP:7/7 | DMG:3
  • [3,0] Nepent 4 | HP:7/7 | DMG:3

Chase watched Ariel silently, seeming in awe of her blade as she unsheathed it and let out a loud Howl. That part even scared him, faltering momentarily and taking his own sword out in almost panic. "H-How heated up is she getting for this low level monsters?!", he wondered, gulping and trying to regain his composure as he furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. The boy was quick to notice that she'd actually attracted the Nepents they were after, although it was plenty of them... Four. 

Looking at his partner in this battle once more, he felt like something was off. She didn't look like she was one to be a 'tank' in the party, but... Who was he to judge. Focusing his eyes back on the monsters, he took a deep breath and set his foot down, shutting down every noise around him. He seemed to have almost lagged out for a moment before his blade began to glow green and he dashed forwards, only to stop in front of the plants and dig into the ground with his leg. Moving all his strength to his hands, he then slashed horizontally twice in quick succession, using enough momentum to send him spinning as he took out all four of them in a single blow.

image.png.46ac51862776e4ca62529e5a4adb19f6.png

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:156/156 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:1 | LD:5 | BH:79
  • ChaseR | HP: 200/200 | EN: 10/20 (-10) | DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2
  • Nepent 1 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 2 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 3 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 4 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
Edited by ChaseR

She let out a small giggle, seems these plants were as weak as she remembered. If she had her other 'shield' on they would've probably kill themselves from just the Frost Thorns enhancement on it. But that particular item hasn't arrived yet so she had to make do with the saya karasu (crow) identified for her. She was going to recover energy with this one instead, not that she needed to. The advantages of being a high level player is that you had a energy advantage; while on that topic she took a moment and noticed that ChaseR's was half depleted only after one AoE attack. "Let me try going on the offensive this time." she chimed as she noticed the mob they were looking for made its appearance after the group died.

She lunged in, channeling in the muscle memory from back in real life where she would wield one handed weapons during her training. More than anything, the system assist kicked in and while looking a little clumsy, she managed to pierce the plant tree times and delete it from existence. Eyeing the ground around them she let out a sigh as she didn't see any drops.

Spoiler

ID# 156924  BD: 3+3 (Hit!) Snake Bite x3(12) =36 -5 =31 DMG > Nepent Variant

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:146/156 | DMG:12 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:3/CD:6+ | LD:5 | BH:79
  • ChaseR | HP: 200/200 | EN: 10/20 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2/CD:6+
  • Nepent Variant | HP: 15/15 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5
    Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10
    Spoiler

Loot ID# 156925  LD: 2+5 No <Nepent's Ovule>!

Chase watched in complete awe, blinking from just how quickly it was over and how swiftly and gracefully she'd moved. Even when Shay or he were using swords, with the aim assist, there was little that they could do to be as effective as she seemed to be. Surely, no... Certainly, she had to have undergone practice in the real world too, before getting trapped here. There was no other way that she was this good just from being trapped in here for two years, being handheld by the system with every tiny action. Before he had enough time to sit in awe of her skills however, four more Nepents appeared, getting a grunt out of Chase.

"I can't use Blast again, so I'll take one down for now.", he stated before running in and slashing, feeling his blade as if stuck inside the plant and running past it even before pulling it out. The monster was effectively cut in half, and just when Chase was about to rest easy, he noticed the other three plants attack him. Using his legs, he slipped right under each one of their attacks, making it back to where Ariel was and holding his sword tightly as he panted, getting an adrenaline rush from the battle. 

image.png.990991a2646704eaa187c00d52c20d5f.png

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:146/156 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:1 | LD:5 | BH:79
  • ChaseR | HP: 200/200 | EN: 10/20 (+1, -1) | DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2
  • Nepent 5 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 6 | HP: 7/7 | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 7 | HP: 7/7 | DMG: 3
  • Nepent 8 | HP: 7/7 | DMG: 3
Edited by ChaseR

While not 100% sure, she assumed that he referred to the area skill he just used. With a nod of confirmation, the blonde would engage the mobs herself as her Howl was still on cooldown. She'd watch him attack the mobs 'A little stiff but he'll get the hang of it soon' she mused optimistically before engaging the remaining three herself. For the first time in a long time, she wasn't sure if she could hit all of them, considering that she didn't have anything else to this weapon skill than one rank invested. She still went in, confident that she could manage it somehow. She felt rage taking over her senses as she activated her own area attack, the first plant that crossed her didn't even get time to react, same as the second one; the third however managed to dodge the two strikes that the blonde blindly took at it.

As the sword art ended she felt her mind returning to a normal state. "Huh?" she muttered, looking at the remaining mob, then at her hands and weapon. This was the first time using the sword art and it felt very different compared to rapier or two handed assault spear. "This will need some time to get used to..." she said, more to herself than her combat partner.

Ariel activates Rage Spike!

Spoiler

ID# 157054  BD: 5+3 (Hit!) x2(12) =24 DMG > Nepent 6
ID# 157055  BD: 10 (Crit!) x2(12+2) =28 DMG > Nepent 7
ID# 157056  BD: 2+3 (Mss!) 

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:141/156 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:1 | LD:5 | BH:79
  • Nepent 8 | HP: 7/7 | DMG: 3

With only a single Nepent left, Chase took advantage of how little time it had to react and went in for an attack, raising his sword to the side and letting out a little battle cry as he slashed down towards it. Although quite close to missing, he managed to hit it and thrust his sword forward, stabbing the blade into it before pulling back for it to break into tiny crystals. By the time these four Nepents were down, the Variant Nepent had appeared, growling at the two.

Chase ran towards Ariel once more and kept his guard up, panting weakly as he looked to the side at her. "I can take it on if you need a break.", he offered despite knowing that if anything, between the two he was the one to need a break the most. His energy was depleting rapidly, while she most likely had way too much, plus she wasn't in any danger to begin with. He removed his hand from his blade for a moment to wipe some sweat off his forehead, before gripping it tightly again and trying to endure the slight fatigue that was getting to him.

image.png.8186c6278b26c16e7b54d70a37e048a5.png

• Ariel | HP:1590/1590 | EN:141/156 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | ACC:3 | VAMP OFF:238 | HB:48 | TAUNT | REC:1 | LD:5 | BH:79
  • Nepent 8 | HP: 0/7 (-7) | DMG: 3
Edited by ChaseR