[PP | FL4] «Feeding your Enemy»

Haine,

Do you think you can help me? I'm going to get a penguin as a familiar. Don't forget to bring a coat. It's winter here.

Kiluia

He sent the message to her that very second and stood there silently waiting at the gate. The snow was falling down and it wasn't blustery just yet. The snow reminded him of the snow back in Japan as it was dusting the ground. The crystallized water looked beautiful falling from the sky with grace. His eyes were watching it out of awe. Most people passed him at the gate teleport while he waited in his red armor that radiated a slight warm heat for him to stay toasty. He was going to tame his familiar that he wanted and the penguin was his prime target. It was either the penguin or the snow fox. Either way they would be both here on this floor. This was going to be fun as this doubled as a date too. Sort of? I hope she remembers to bring her coat.  He thought to himself while waiting for the young lass. 

Spoiler

Level 21 HP 420 EN 42

Armor: Rose Prism
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 150711
Enhancement: Evasion +1, Mit +2

Dagger: Jagged Fang
Roll ID: 155022
Enhancement: Damage+2, Bleed +1

Trinket: Primrose Cross
Roll ID:153798
Enhancement: Loot Dice 3

Trinket: Eye of Rain
Roll ID: 155021
Enhancement: Accuracy 2 , Recovery 1

UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911a
UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911b

Darkness Salve
Yui's Grace (3/5)
Blank Beginner Map
Blank Intermediate Map
Blank Advanced Map

(Using Yui's Grace -1)

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

* monthly slime ranch bonus

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 44
HP: 900/900
EN: 88/88

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

It was early in the morning and Haine had slept in late, the quest from yesterday having worn her down. She looked in the mirror and noted her disheveled appearance, her hair a tangled nest and her eyes puffy from sleep. She gathered her messy locks and braided it. She slipped on her house shoes and padded through the hallway in search of her lover. "Kill?" she called out, peeking in every room in search of him. Unsurprisingly, he had gone ahead without her. She puffed her cheeks, a slight bit disappointed. He could've woken her up, but maybe he wanted her to rest a bit. A good while had passed since then. She stretched her back and yawned, making her way to the living room. She flopped belly first onto the couch and laid there a moment. She swiped through her HUD, trying to decide what she wanted to do for the day. Speak of the devil, he had just sent her a message. Haine quickly rolled off the couch and landed on her bum, her eyes glimmering with excitement. A quest for a penguin? It sounded like a good time. Without further ado, she changed into her battle garb and made her way to his destination.

The weather was cold, but she came appropriately dressed. The wintery winds only nipped a bit. Hands behind her back, she ambles through the town. She spots the white haired male waiting at the corner, his back faced towards her. A mischievous smile creeps on her lips. Now was the perfect time for a grand entrance. She tip toes behind him and jumps, slinging her arms around his shoulders. "Boo! Did I get ya?" She giggled a little, her blue locks slipping over her shoulders. 

Snow flake after snowflake gathered and rested on top of his head. It started a small dusting on there as he hummed a song. He had initially left her sleep in due to the fact he had to visit the Gypsy that produced the item to give to his familiar he wanted to go get. This placed looked very Christmas like in his opinion as he watched couples arm in arm. The very thought he was able to say he was in a relationship made it clearer that this was going to be an enjoyable day for the duo. He looked down drawing a face with his boots. 

It was only then did he hear the boo from her. When she wrapped his arms around him, he couldn't help but smile brightly while turning around. He scooped up in his arms and turned her around. " Why would I be scared of the one I care about?"  He tilted his head. He didn't want to admit he was startled slightly but that was beside the point. "Important question. Snow fox.. or Penguin?" He would leave it for her to decide.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

He didn't seem phased, reacting smoothly to her sneak attack. She puffed her cheeks in mock disappointment. It was her that was the one to be startled when he scooped her into his arms and spun her around. She squeaked when her feet were lifted off the ground for a moment. Haine felt ecstatic whenever she was with him ever since the confession. Adjusting to their new dynamic was a little odd, but it was something she welcomed gladly. There were couples all over the place in this winter wonderland-like town square, it felt a little magical to her. She was carried away in the moment.

She didn't need to think twice when she was given the option to decide. "I've never seen a penguin in person before. I can't wait!" she exclaimed, carried off in her own tangent of thought. She didn't realize she was shaking him a little in her explosion of excitement. "So cute and blubbery, those little things-"

He slid his gloved hand into hers and made way toward the open path to where the penguins would be sighted. He was close to her after they had been slightly more intimate. While this wasn't the real world, he was able to be with the one he cared about for so long. He would have to write this down to make a book one day. "My favorite animal is the penguin. I have seen them only in the zoo and would love one as a familiar. It is going to help me with attack when I get to it. "He watched as the couples started to thin out as they progressed out of town." There shouldn't be any type of monster attacks so we can travel freely." He would slowly squeeze her hand. "And .. I.. uh I wanna go on a date today." He cleared his throat and coughed slightly. He wasn't too nervous but he wanted to make sure she would be happy. "Did you sleep well? I didn't want to to interrupt you."

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She laced her fingers with his and leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked. It was the perfect picture, two people, young love, enjoying time together. She outstretched her palm, collecting little flakes of snow. She watched as they melted on her palm. She'd never seen a penguin as a familiar before. She'd seen about a dozen wolves or dragons, things of the fantasy lore. But a penguin? Haine chuckled at the thought of Kiluia with a trusty penguin sidekick. It was kind of suiting. "Well, a penguin's a first! It'll be cute," she added. The prospect of a date snapped her out of her reverie. She lifted her shoulder and looked up at him with a cheesy smile she couldn't fight. A date? She couldn't remember the last time she went on a date. She was excited to see what he had in store for her, as it was already going so well. "I-I would love to," she managed, shyly.

His words made her think of this morning and how bummed she felt when he was already gone by then. One day, the bluenette thought, one day she would catch him at the right time to prepare him some breakfast. Cooking was far from her expertise, in fact she was extremely likely to burn down the whole kitchen. She wanted to find different ways to express her feelings. "Yeah I did," she said. "I was going to make breakfast but I guess I overslept. You should've woke me up!" she pouted her lips.

Edited by Haine

The winter crisp air was filled with crystalized breath from the dynamic duo. He swung their hands back  and forth  as he headed to the elusive breeding ground of the penguin."You needed to sleep more. Plus I can't get pass your door without your clearance for me. " A slight smile formed as she kept him from being able to see her. He spoke a bit more about their day may bring." I want to try the desserts on this floor. I think hot chocolate and peppermint patty is tasted here but they aren't  made the same way. I wanna research new food. " 

He let go of her hand and placed it on her hip as they walked. He was taught more to keep a woman satisfied but this came with a natural reaction as their footsteps crushed  in the snow. " What would you  make me for breakfast? " He casually spoke to her. 

The weather was freezing, typical to this floor. Haine sniffled a little, feeling her nose tingling as the wintery winds nipped at it. She figured it was starting to turn red now. She adjusted her red scarf to cover more of her neck. Perhaps she could use the extra sleep. Haine was known to overwork herself, pushing her limits to satisfy her drive for productivity. "Hmm, sleep? What's that?" she quipped. Her head perked at the mention of sweets and she grinned. "Oooh. We gonna have a taste test?" Her excitement was getting to her, she linked her arm with his and tugged him excitedly.

His hand on her hip made her heart to beat louder. She was new to this dynamic, little gestures of affection still fresh to her. It felt natural, though. Her intuition guided her to wrap her arm around his waist, head leaning against the taller boy's shoulder. She mused. "Well," she thought aloud, "I was going to try my hand at some omurice and pancakes..." She left out the fact she was a horrible cook. She would've woken up far before dawn to perfect it as much as she could. She wanted to impress him. "Hmm, I'll make us dinner then. What would you like?" Little did he know, Kiluia would have to brace his taste buds to survive this. She noticed his neck was exposed a little, that wouldn't do. She tugged at her scarf and pulled away from him. "You're gonna freeze to death! Here." She raised to her tip toes and draped it around his shoulders, making sure to cover his neck. Haine sighed in disapproval of the lack of fabric around his neck. He was appropriately dressed by all means. She left no room for error, making sure he would be as warm as possible.

Edited by Haine

The thought of her making dinner sounded nice to him. Her thoughts about what to make made him think a little bit more before he was surprised by the scarf. Eyes met hers as the crunch of snow stopped. They were surrounded by trees. Her red nose made him smile as he leaned in and kissed it hoping to warm it up. "I think we both are gonna need some soup. One thing I miss is miso soup that they served at the high school. It was my favorite thing to drink when I was cold... So I wanna share that experience with you."

He walked with her closely trying to preserve the heat between them. His armor would radiate that heat to her as they continued to their trek toward the frozen water area where the penguin population was told to be. "My plan is to make many desserts and to try as much food as possible to recreate the things at home that comfort people. So you'll be my taste tester when I make the final product." His smile got bigger as he talked about food. In the distant past, he thought he could help people by being a blacksmith but as time moved on, he thought of their psychological being and wanted to bring a slice of life of home to where they would be always fighting. It would be nice to have that. "I wanna make a chocolate parfait.. that is my first thing to try as a dessert.." His eyes looked down at her but back up realizing he was traveling a road he had never been on in his life. 

His face started to get red as he stuttered a few words." S..so...sweetie.. are you warm enough?" He was trying to figure out if he could give her a pet name and paid specific attention to her reaction.

"Miso sounds delicious," she added, with a skip in her step. They'd long since made their way out of the bustling town square and out into the field. Her boots made satisfying crunches against the snow with every footstep. Little snowflakes danced about, dusting her coat. Her anticipation grew the closer they got to their destination by the frozen pond. She'd never seen a penguin in person and now her time had finally come. She was tempted to take one home with her too, perhaps some other time. Her heart softened in admiration. It was kind of him to want to provide that comfort to others. The world had grown cold and people had no choice but to fight tooth to nail to survive. Sometimes they lost sight of the simpler things in life. "And you can count on my expert taste testing skills," she jested, with a playful nudge to his shoulder. "Mmm, how did you know? Chocolate's my favorite."

Haine's cheeks reddened at the mention of the pet name. It felt strange to be called that instead of her name, albeit she didn't mind it one bit. "Y...eah I'm all good," she choked out, sheepishly, "... baby?" She laughed awkwardly. She couldn't figure out a pet name for the life of her. She flushed even more and searched for a quick save. She knelt down and pretended to fix the cuff of her snow boots. Just when she was about to stand up, a spontaneous idea came to mind. A mischievous smirk formed on her face as she dug a chunk of snow and began to mold it. She whipped around with haste and pelted it at him. "Hah! Take that." She blew a raspberry and staggered back, losing balance.

He glanced over at here and went to speak when she called him baby. It was a mixture of awkward as he ate the snow to the face and had a mouthful of soft ice in his mouth. No words, just movement. He leaned down and scooped up a ball of snow. He lightly packed it but not enough to make it hard. Hand reached up to brush off that snow around his face and eating the snow that had entered his mouth." Oh baaaaaby.." He remarked her pet name to him. A smile grew upon his face as he stalked her. When she lost her balance he dashed forward and grabbed her arm. The snow ball fell from his other hand as he spoke."Careful there, love." It rolled off his tongue naturally as he looked at her.

Enter the red face as he cleared his throat."So if you had a penguin, what would you name it, love?" He held her hand now as he noticed the view of water coming into play soon. They were almost at the hot spot where they would interact with these creatures. He clearly meant the word love now.

She squeaked, bracing herself for the fall until the other rushed forth to grab ahold of her. She heavily breathed from the adrenaline, regaining her composure. She loved the sound of love much better than... sweetie. It felt natural. She giggled softly and looked away to spare him of her sappy expression. Haine had all but felt guilty for pelting him right in the face with that snowball. He reacted like a gentleman, sparing her from an icy felt. For once she was thankful for her clumsiness.

The bluenette thought of a good name for a pet penguin. "Hmm..." she pondered, pulling away. Her mind blanked for a moment until a spontaneous idea surfaced. "Sebastian." Haine was forever obsessed with pop culture and television. "Like the butler." There was a character she enjoyed in a show who wore a tuxedo, reminiscent of a penguin's color scheme. It was a quirky and unusual name, but she liked it regardless. She brushed some snow off her coat and shook the ice off her gloves.

He pondered a moment at the name Sebastian. It was from a series. He thought trying to remember the premise of the show. The show back butler hit him as she mentioned the aforementioned word, butler. He smiled slightly and nodded at her good pick." I think that is a good name to choose from. I don't know whether or not it will like it but worth a try." He dusted any left over snow off her clothing before speaking. "I remember a clay penguin named Pingu. I was forced to watch it when I was younger to entertain myself but the name always stuck to me. I do like Sebastian but I wanna hear options so that way I have a variety."

He looked up once more and they had arrived. There were several penguins that had been sliding on their bellies to dip forward and into the water further in on the iced lake. This was different than he had imagined. He was up close to his favorite animal and they were going to be his familiar. He watched in awe first but kept the two hidden from view so they wouldn't disturb their natural environment just yet until he was able to pick one he wanted. "They are adorable... Which one, love?" He asked her excitedly.

She chuckled at the mentioning of Pingu. She loved watching that show as a kid, the mere thought of it brought forth a wave of nostalgia. "I love that, I think Pingu's a perfect name for the lil' bud." She seized his hand in hers. "C'mon, he's over there waiting for us!" She brushed away her bangs and led the way, holding onto the the boy. They advanced through snowy ground, and at last, they had finally reached the penguin's habitat. She clasped a hand over her mouth to stifle an excited squeal. She didn't want to scare them away. She let go of him and took a few steps forward, giddy.

They were in their element, the little pack. The blubbery creatures slid about the icy cap on their bellies, dipping into the water with a splash. Some of them waddled about. "Aww..." All the way in the corner, she saw a mother penguin ushering her little one to the lake. It was a soft moment for the bluenette as she attempted to refrain from rushing in. How could she pick just one to take home? The more she looked at them, the more identical they all looked. That was until she saw one particular penguin climbing out of the water. It stretched and shook off the droplets. She saw an odd patch of white on its butt and laughed. "Hey, what about the one with the white butt patch?" She pointed in its direction.

Their sudden movements cause a disruption of the penguins to disperse. A frown came across his face as he groaned. "Damn. We scared them off. " He glanced over at her and smiled a bit. "They should be back since its their feeding grounds." He offered her his hand and sat down on a rock. He glanced over at the now empty setting. "We can just sit here and wait til they decide to come back. In the mean time, tell me about a time.. you had to lie to get out of trouble.." His lips curled upwards and he waved her down to sit beside him.

He brushed off the stone beside him pushing the snow off to the side. He wanted to hear more interesting portions of her life and he would give the same courtesy as well. The time it would take for them to get a series of questions would make time go by faster. He hoped she would agree to this. 

Spoiler

image.png.0a03f125da569cc693d02b2f4f710823.png

Failure on locating familiar.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Haine frowned when the penguins began to disperse. They were keen, having sensed a movement from the two. "Aww man..!" She huffed, with a stomp of her feet. It was impossible to chase them down now, they were surprisingly... quick for being penguins. She wasn't too keen on jumping into the water to chase down butt patch over there. They would come back later, she figured, and maybe she'd pin down that particular penguin if he decided to hop onto land. She shrugged and accepted the other's hand, sliding into the spot beside him. She leaned her head on his shoulder, satisfied by the warmth he radiated.

The question was interesting, it got her mind jogging. There were many times she had lied to get out of something, being both a magnet for trouble and a coward to face the consequences of it. It came down to what was the most interesting story to tell. "Hmm..." the girl mused. "There was this one time in choir. I really wanted to be the lead singer, but there was this one girl." She wondered if she should've carried on, would he think differently of her then? "On the day of the tryouts, I asked her to help me find my sheet music and then I kinda locked her in..?" She twiddled her thumbs, a feeling of guilt washing over her. "Of course I got the role and I let her out, she went to complain to the director but she was fresh meat, I was there for a while. He kinda believed me over her." Why did she blab so much? "-This was when I was eleven. I still feel really bad about it... I panicked when all was said and done, but it was too late."

Edited by Haine

He laughed loudly as he at her remark about locking the person up in a closet. He grinned at her and listened contently at her story. He leaned against her placing his arm around her waist. Her voice trailed to another story and he listened to that as well. He tilted is head and though about what he would be doing. "I had went out after curfew and lied to my parents that I was staying at a friends house. I wanted to see a concert at the time. Yeah.. I got caught though. They saw me on television being the boy who dived off the edge. "He looked at her. He made sure she was warm as he poked her side speaking."We can wait here for a few. But we can also head home for a bit to try to find them again. Or we can head back to the cafe in town to get that chocolate peppermint patty drink they got goin on." 

He played with her fingers while they talked. He was so close to her so everything felt new to him." Hey love.. "He just said this to get her attention."...I'm very.. much in love..." He pointed at her and didn't finish the sentence. He wanted her to understand that though. "So is it... okay to call you love?" 

She was glad that he laughed it off, better than to question why she was a mean kid. She huddled in close to Kiluia, taking advantage of the cold weather to invade his personal space even more. His arm around her waist made her feel soft, protected. She laughed at him, surprised by what he had admitted. She never pictured the boy as one to break rules and dive off a stage at a concert. Then again, she didn't know much about his past. She rest assured that she would be getting to know him more with time.

He eyes lit up again at the mention of something sweet. Haine, for her entire life, was a sweet fiend. As a kid she would give her mother trouble, pushing away all things savory or healthy in favor of sugar bombs. They kept her bouncing off the walls and caused her a cavity down the line. "Ooh, I could reaally go for a warm drink." She beamed. Her heart fluttered at the pet name. She was already growing fond of it, she felt closer to him that way. "Yeah, I would like that very much... bab-" She face palmed. She was compelled to confess something."Y'know, I don't have much experience with being a girlfriend. Thank you for putting up with my awkwardness." She put her hands down and leaned closer, quiet for a moment. She tilted her head and then decided to swoop in for a chaste kiss. She'd grown past the head bumping. 

"Hey, by the way, what do you want me to call you?"

Edited by Haine

He felt the kiss and was melted inside her touch. "Hu..huh? " His eyes looked spaced out at she touched those lips of his like he had entered another world. He blinked a few times catching himself back to normal. He hadn't had any expert advice on dating. She was indeed his first and last. He tilted his head and then looked at her thinking in a deep thought like moment. It was then he shrugged and spoke."Love or Sweetheart works." He was a simple kinda guy. This just showed how much he indeed didn't care for pet names but wanted to try them out since they were something. "I have this weird fascination for chocolate and caramel. Like Twix for Halloween." He admitted childishly. He was a sweet freak on the inside and wanted to share that life with someone. Who knew he would find that on the first try. 

"I want you to think of one dessert.. and I will make it one day for you. I'm thinking of opening a shop by our house. Its going to have seafood and pastries." 

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Those nicknames didn't sound bad at all. It was just saying them that would take a bit to adjust to. She wanted to make light of the situation and have a good time without her little antics hindering it. "Alright then, sweets," she quipped, in a carefree manner. She was glad that Kiluia shared a similar sweet tooth, it was something they could  bond over. "Hmm, not bad! I like everything but dark chocolate. I'll have it if it's there, but milk chocolate's forever superior." She could ramble all day about what she liked and didn't when it came to food, as someone with a voracious appetite. She had to keep herself in check. His next question posed an interesting thought. There was not one thing she liked best. She brought a finger to her chin and thought about it. "Ahh, that's a tough one. Maybe... flan?" She trailed off in a  reverie, imagining what life would be like together. She wouldn't mind helping out at his shop. She would focus on getting better at cooking in the meanwhile so she could be able to keep up. "Y'know, I was thinking about pursuing music. That was the dream. Coming here made me neglect it. I haven't played an instrument in a while, but I want to pick it up again. One day I'll have you listen to my music," she admitted. Her feet ever so slightly dangled off the stone, all thanks to her short stature.