[PP | FL4] «Feeding your Enemy»

His eyes brightened as they continued to converse about food. A smile graced his face as he rubbed her hands together listening to the word sweets come out of her mouth. She loved sweets and his new nickname would be that. The word flan came next and he pondered a moment. "Some flan does not come with the sauce. Would you  prefer to have it with sauce  or no?" 

Music  was what was next as he believed she was a great artist when it came to that. While he hadn't listened to her, her personality seemed to be more inclined for that in his eyes. Her cheery behavior to the fact that she was able to bounce back from a lot of things. "I would love for you to play me a song. I think I would  love that alot actually." He glanced up and removed more fallen snow." Lets head back  to warm up with some hot cocoa. I want to warm you up love. " 

"Sauce, all the sauce," she demanded, with a gentle squeeze of his hand. His felt much bigger on top of hers, it made her feel warm, protected in some sort of way. Moments like these with him were a perfect fuel for muse. All of these feelings could be put into words, she tuned off with a melody in mind. Should she dedicate a song crystal to him? She didn't realize she was zoning out until he moved, as if to stand up. Haine shook her head, snapping out of her thoughts. "Yes, let's!" She pushed herself off the stone and stood up. She looked back to the pack where the penguins were previously. They were all the way off there like tiny black dots on the horizon. Butt patch seemed like he wanted to intimidate her, circling around in the icy lake water. He climbed up on the ice cap in the middle of the lake and flapped his wings, beady little eyes boring holes her direction as if to taunt her. If it could speak, she bet it would be something like "Hmm, want a piece of this, lady? Come n' get it." Haine squinted in response and hollered at the bird. "We're comin' back for you, so hold your horses there butt patch!" And with that she outstretched a hand to her lover. "Let's?"

Edited by Haine

Her words matched every part of her personality than he thought when they were alone together. He began to walk in stride with her back to town where the cafe would be. Their personalities would alternate from being a couple to serious like a light switch. Their own personal friends could hardly believe the differences in their switch. He glanced back as she shouted about the penguin and a smile formed on his face. " I think I'll keep trying to go after that one." He looked at her as the snow began to crunch under their boots. " What were you thinking about earlier space cadet?" He squeezed her hand."Thinking about your own familiar soon?" 

His questions weren't as prodding as most. He was good at those questions for some reason. Perhaps it was due to watching his father tactically spell out nonchalant questions and use them as personal storage information. Thanks dad. He thought but it had managed to help him out in certain situations. The lessons he had learned in the past had helped him overcome a variety of things such as this moment in time. 

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

They trailed down the snowy field, tracing back their footsteps in the snow. His question posed an interesting subject. Haine had thought of a familiar countless times, but other quests had stolen her attention from it. She could recall an attempt back when she was fresh in this game. She pinned down a poor, unsuspecting snow wolf and tried to tame it, to no avail. The thing kicked and bit its way out, fighting tooth to nail. The blunted tried to chase it down, but it was swift in its element unlike her with her heavy boots weighing her down. She raged and never came around to it again. "Hmm, I suppose so. I tried to get a snow wolf once, the thing bit me and ran away." She kicked a rock out of her path. "What d'ya think about a polar bear cub? I might try for that instead." She was beginning to notice a prevalent theme with her favorite animals. They were all, in one way or another, a dweller of the ice caps. There was something about fluffy, blubbery things which got to her. She swung their laced fingers ever so slightly as they walked by, the town closing in from the distance.

The duo made it to the entrance of the town once more while he was thinking about the polar bear cub. "That would be an interesting sight to see. I think it would remain small forever?" He looked at her. "The good part is that I think it eats fishes like my penguin so their diet can be maintained the same way. Minus that yours may eat a lot more." He mused a bit before finding the cafe. He sniffed the air and was greeted by a sweet aroma. Intoxicating."That smells great.."

They were going to sit outside since the inside was full. Despite it still snowing, the building's temperature settings allowed it to extend to the outside warming the two up. He pulled her chair out and smiled to her. "Two cocoa's please. With a dash of peppermint!" He smiled looking at her again. "I'm excited!" She would soon notice he was like a kid in a candy factory when tasting new things. He was indeed a foodie.

"Don't know, don't care," the woman shrugged. She really didn't mind if the cub could grow, that would only mean it would become a force to be reckoned with. Besides, who said huge polar bears weren't just as cute as the babies? "Hmm, all this talk of familiars is making me jealous. Maybe I'll have at it sometime soon," she thought aloud. They strode down the cobblestone path. A whiff of decadent coffee and vanilla greeted her and her mouth practically watered in anticipation. "Ooh!" she exclaimed, twisting on the balls of her heels to survey the area. It was a quaint, tiny establishment with a rustic air to it. The confections and drinks must've been worth the hype, she figured, as she saw tables full of people there, sipping coffee and playing card games. There were others standing off to the sides as there weren't any tables open. She followed the gentleman outside and settled into the chair he pulled out for her. "Me too," she hummed cheerfully, with a kick of her feet. "I had a little coffee station back home, I'm an addict. One of these days, I'll show you how to make a kickass mocha." She leaned back in her chair and cracked her palms, glancing up at the underside of the awning. She was relaxed and excited for their order to be ready.

Edited by Haine

"Two orders of cocoa with light sprinkles of peppermint." The smiling waitress placed both of their cups down. Her eyes would look at the couple and place some marshmallows on the side. "Thank you. Highly appreciated. " He paid for their drinks immediately and smiled as he dropped two of those marshmallows on top his cocoa. He watched as the candy started to slowly melt inside the chocolate goodness. The smell of the chocolate made him sigh. "Going on this quest shouldn't be too hard. We will be better prepared next time too. "He lifted the cup up to his lips and sipped it slightly testing the temperature and taste. It hit him pretty well as the taste was great. The right amount of sugar and chocolate mix. He noted in his head that he would have to look for the ingredients for these things. The air seemed to cool down but not enough to cause a chill. The atmosphere was relaxing and tame as the snow tapered off leaving a clear sky of stars. " Maybe I should open just a dessert shop around here...?" He suggested thinking out loud awaiting for an answer from her.

Before the waitress left, Haine stopped her. "More marshmallows, please!" She gave the waitress a cheerful thanks as she followed along, tentatively. The top was full already but she carefully added some extra to make the marshmallow bed heaping, laying the cherry carefully on top so it wouldn't fall. She clapped giddily and picked the top layer of marshmallows off, popping them in her mouth to melt. "Mmm," she hummed, her eyes closing as she savored the exquisite pillowy texture. She was too eager to drink the cocoa and stirred the liquid, tipping it over to take a sip. She screamed with her mouth closed and set the cup down, panting. "Oww! Hot, hot." She sighed as she had no choice but to wait a bit. She worked to blow at the drink, cooling it off.

His question roused her attention as she stopped blowing on the drink. "Ah, I think it would make great business. There's plenty of people here constantly," she noted. "I can already picture it. Kil's confections? Or something." She reached across the table and placed her warm hand on top of his. She drew circles on top of it and smiled softly. "And, I would love to help out around. I think it'll be fun."

Edited by Haine

His eyes lit up at her name. He had been having issues on what to make and now it had a name to be used. A light grin crossed his face as he started to think about the potential items he could make while being here. It would have sweets and a bakery so that way it would be easy to get and to eat as well. "I think you have stumbled upon something my muse." His eyes narrowed on her. He cracked a half smile and clasped both hands together. "I think you'll be my muse when making the items anyway. Plus having a cute waitress would bring all sorts of people lined out the door. " He thought. Since he was a cook, perhaps drinks wouldn't be too far off the mark if he could make them specialty sweet drinks. Perhaps boba or a latte would suffice as well. He had so many options to explore. 

The drink had finally cooled off. The eager sweet fiend nursed the cup with her free hand, enjoying the warmth radiating off on her palm. She brought the cup to her lips and closed her eyes, feeling the soothing vapor on her face. She took slow drafts of the drink, swishing it around. It was sickly sweet as all the excess marshmallow melted into it. Perfect. Her soft brown eyes fluttered open to rest on her love, passionate in his element with sweets. She hummed in response. She wouldn't mind that in the future. She felt as if everything were coming together now, slowly yet surely. After a rough start transitioning into her routine, it was starting to settle. Of course, there were many things in limbo, particularly the unknown fate of her siblings. It kept her worried and sleepless at nights, but she was good at keeping up a facade. She didn't want to burden him with her troubles after the lengths he had gone through to find answers for her. She enveloped herself in the moment she was spending with him.

"Then it's a plan," she chimed in, setting the cup down. They spent a while in each other's company, sipping their drinks and talking about their passions. Haine didn't realize how fast time had flown by. "You think the penguins are back yet? It's been a while."

Edited by Haine

He gave a nod as he took another gulp of his cocoa. It had cooled down for the most part before he went to speak. A familiar sound seemed to squawk at them and soon he turned to identify it had been the same penguin Haine had been wanting. Mr. Butt Patch? He thought for a moment before standing up. It had indeed been curious about them and so he was able to look at the penguin and prepare himself. The people around them stared at the duo and the mysterious penguin that showed up. It was curious as to why those two had come out to its habitat and the intrigue led it to the place where it was not native to. Its big eyes blinked several times before it made its penguins sounds being cautious. 

"Well shoot. It came to us!" He grinned looking at Haine.

Spoiler

image.png.e1d30e17af03f02dc44257e352bdc97f.png

+3 LD =16 LD total. Success

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

The hot cocoa had long since gone lukewarm. Haine swished around the remaining contents at the bottom and chugged it, slamming the cup down with a satisfied sigh. A sound of a squeak coming from behind her caused her to shriek, flinching in her seat. She turned her head around slowly towards the source of the noise. Surely enough, Mr. Butt Patch had waddled his merry tush out of the icy lake he called home and into the middle of the crowded town. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, incredulous about what she was seeing before her. “Uhh, are you seeing what I’m seeing?” The blue haired girl trailed off. Surely enough, the penguin responded with a rapid flap of its wings.

It crooked its head forward to get a better look at the two, tilting it’s head. It shook off a bit of the moisture on it, flinging some onto Haine. “Gah, gross!” She shrieked, wiping the specks of water off of her face. The bird had a mind of its own, however. Its eyes were trained elsewhere now and he waddled off in the opposite direction. She turned to Kiluia and gave him a look. He knew what to do now.

Edited by Haine

His eyes widened while he went into his inventory. His eyes looked at Haine and put a finger up to his lips. He had the food now but that was all she wrote. The penguin was not interested in the food. It was more interested in the fact that was a human colony that had existed not too far from where its habitat was. It waddled back a bit ignoring the man with the food. It got cautious from the people starting to stare at it. The allure of a penguin was fantastic as they did not simply just wander in. He cursed a bit under his breath as he was ignored. "Damn. Its not paying attention to me." He frowned a bit as he popped a marshmallow in his mouth. His eyes refocused on the penguin now. He placed a towel on top of Haine to help her clean it off.

Spoiler

image.png.cb437f907414b8f3a4b4b5cda958b8aa.png

Fail on taming

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She wiped the rest of the water off with the towel Kiluia offered her. The penguin disregarded the other's offering of fish, too enveloped by its new surroundings. She figured a penguin wasn't used to being around humankind, let alone this much of it. It was beginning to waddle off and instead pick at a piece of bread littering the side of the street. It had never seen a fish this strange. It pecked at the half chewed piece of bread and swallowed a little. Well, apparently not sufficient enough for the bird stabbed at it and flung it aside with its beak. It continued slowly onward on its path of exploration. "Well," Haine sighed, "At least it's not running." Butt patch turned around and gave Kiluia a once over when it heard the sound of his footsteps getting too close for comfort . She was starting to get anxious. Her previous attempt at capturing a familiar had put a damper on her mood. She wouldn't let this quest be a repeat of what transpired before under her watch.

Edited by Haine

The penguin looked at the food a moment before moving toward Kiluia. The creature blinked several times at the food before leaning in close to accept it. The sudden shrill yell of another adventurer made the penguin jump and become startled. "God damn it. "He frowned deeper as he moved to block the view of the other adventurers to avoid it from clashing with his food. He was so close as he tried to make another attempt. It was becoming clear that any distraction would cause the penguin to falter. He looked at Haine and gave her a smile."Getting close.."

The nervousness started to set in as he didn't want to fail this quest but knew well that if he wanted to do this, he would have to prep better if he had to. Grin and bear it.. He thought to himself. He had to be tolerant of everything for now. 

Spoiler

image.png.ee731dc3eb46d7ab4eba6e1c539d4722.png

Failed

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

It seemed as if the penguin had problems focusing. She frowned as every little distraction made the bird frightened or intrigued to move forward. She face palmed, she could sense the other's increasing frustration. She put a hand on the man's shoulder and pat it in reassurance. "You got this. Just lure em' inward." She circled around the tiny creature to help block its view of the other adventurers. A few noticed the peculiar appearance of a penguin and crowded around. "Hey!" she yelled at a group of three swordsmen. "We're tryna focus here." The group held up their hands in defense and moved by, not without looking back to see the blubbery creature. Its charm was undeniable and head turning. It turned around and waddled back to Kiluia, squawking. She crouched down and attempted to usher it over, waving her hands. That penguin would be theirs if it was the last thing she'd do.

The food in his hand was there but the penguin was more intrigued by everything in its surroundings. His eyes looked over at the penguin as he spoke gently."Here we go, Pingu. "It was the name he had decided to go with instead of Mr. Butt Patch that Haine had called it. The thought made him still laugh inside before he decided to walk to it once more. The movements that Kiluia made alarmed the creature causing it to panic. It recoiled slightly back toward the exit of the town but not yet. Kiluia was upset now as he began to walk forward slowly again trying to pace himself. The visible frustration on his face spoke volumes as he tried to remain composed for this quest. However, his hopes were beginning to dwindle down as he knew that if he wasn't successful the next go, the penguin would rush off. 

Spoiler

image.png.6ffba32554a697d6136b50039cd5feac.png

Fail

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Haine let out an exasperated sigh. The penguin seemed to want to run off for sure now, overwhelmed by everything surrounding it. The fluffy bird backed away and skittered about. "C'mon! Eyes here lil' fella!" Its eyes were pointed straight at the exit for the town. It made an awkward waddle in that direction,  flailing whenever it came across clusters of people. Time was running out and both of them knew it. If they couldn't capture the creature's attention now, they would have failed to tame it. Her nerves were wracked trying to help catch its attention. Kiluia was increasingly agitated as the seconds passed by. "Deep breaths. We'll get it," she reassured, albeit she wasn't so sure herself now. They seemed to be shit out of luck by far with the stakes raised high. She ran after the penguin, trying to keep her sights focused on it so she wouldn't lose it. With each step she took, she neared dangerously close to the town's exit. "Damn."

Edited by Haine

This was the final moment. That final moment ended in failure as the people began to crowd the penguin. This was a mistake on their behalf thinking they could catch his penguin like this in the middle of town. The creature was terrified and soon took off. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked at Haine." I think we need to stop at the guild vault. I remember seeing a few items there that we can take a long to make this easier on the two of us. " He frowned ever so slightly as he didn't want to do this again. He looked at the already gone penguin back to its habitat. The people continued their way and Kiluia was ready to punch a person out for that crap. He was upset but not too upset as it was a date as well." Sorry, love. Thanks for coming out with me."

He walked over and clasped her hand while walking toward the gate. They'd be back after they paid a little trip to the vault.

Spoiler

image.png.ecbac56434e2bade25f9dad79cab8de0.png

Failed

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Haine's face fell as the penguin had waddled its way back to its habitat. They had failed the quest, all thanks to these distractions around them. She glared at the nosy crowds and witnessed a pack of swordsmen chasing after the creature. Of course, they had no respect for the poor thing's privacy. It looked terrified trying to evade their grubby hands. She turned her attention towards her love and tried to cheer him up. He looked clearly agitated, she didn't want to put a damper on his mood. She instead clasped his hands between hers and smiled softly. "We won't stop until we get it, alright? Lighten up." She leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek. They walked towards the guild base, determination in both of their eyes. Haine wanted nothing more than to have a pet penguin in her house, so she allied with the other to make sure it would happen.

QUEST FAILED

Haine

3 SP (2 pages + 1 bonus) + 400 COL

Kiluia

3 SP (2 pages + 1 bonus) + 400 COL