[PP-F16] Fish out of Water (Moretsuna)

>>Using Yui's Grace - +1 SP
>>Using Mega Slime Farm - +2 SP

Stats

Spoiler

Stats

Hidden
Level 51
[0] Hidden | 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]
HP
100 Energy
4 Accuracy
2 Evasion
16 Base Damage
79 Mitigation
+5 Stealth Rating

Gear
<<Nato's Might>>           // +8 Holy, 1 ACC, 1 Vampiric Offensive
<<Shadow's Silence>> // +54 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +9 DMG

Buffs

• Increased Out of Combat Regeneration by 5*Tier and Reduced Energy Cooldown to 2 Posts
  • Increased Hiding Skill by 1 Rank. 
  •  

Battle Ready Inventory

Skills

Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Hiding | Rank 4+1: +5 Stealth Rating
Light Armor | Rank 5: +18 Mitigation                               
E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
Disguise | +1 EVA til next turn - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

Athletics ~ +20 HP, +1 DMG
Precision ~ +1 ACC
Acrobatics ~ +1 EVA
Sneak Attack: Assassin : +3 DMG when attacking from Stealth, Attacks from Stealth are sure to hit. 

After a brisk morning routine involving the demise of some helpless slimes, Hidden opened her menu and sent a quick message to Ayame, the young girl that affectionately thought of Hidden as her sister. It was time for them to head up to the next quest and afterwards she wanted to show the little girl her new house. After the large amount of questing, she had finally earned enough money. No more sleeping in random places for her. Until some hero thought it smart to come and burn it down or something like that because she was the villian of everyone's story. Or at least they seemed to think. 

After sneaking into Urbus through an unpatrolled back alleyway, she transported herself over to the sixteenth where she would await the small girl. 'I really hope she doesn't ignore that message. I think she will like what is in store for her.' Hidden thought. She was trying her best to be nicer and while sometimes it was difficult, she found it becoming easier everyday that she worked at it. 

<<Scents of the Wild: Moretsuna>>

Assassin arrived in no time flat, making her way out of the safe zone of Zugaikotsushima and waiting for the other dagger user to come across her. Once she had spotted her older sister she waves her down with a smile. Her giant leopard familiar followed behind her since she wasn't running full speed.

"Nee-chan!" She called out. "We're going to beat up more meanies?" She asked with that innocent smile still painting her face. It would be nice to not have to fight whatever demon was in the caves that they had to fight last time.

"It's not going to be anything scary is it?" She was still worried about it being something like the lich they had fought before. The break with fighting the rhino had really helped at least. "I'm getting a lot stronger, so I can help you with this one right? I don't wanna stand around and do nothing any more."

Spoiler

Name: Assassin
Level: 23
HP: 460/460
EN: 46/46

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 23
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Kami Sori: DMG: III
Armor: Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Misc: Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Skills:
Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

It seemed to be almost too fast that the girl was standing right next to her. It was almost as if the girl was waiting for her message. "Yes we are going to go kill something again." she replied absentmindedly. The girl's voice told Hidden that Ayame had been afraid during their last fight. She had to admit, the creature was pretty grotesque. She didn't eat anything that night. "Look around at the floor and tell me if you think there is going to be anything like that." She would tell the girl simply. The 16th floor was quite pretty with its glistening water and beaches. In fact, she stepped up to one of these beaches. Grabbing a couple of fishing poles, she would toss one over to the little girl. "Get to fishing and hope that we find it fast or we might be here a while. We're hunting a giant fish. You better do your best, this one can hit both of us at the same time as I heard from some players."

With Hidden's help, the younger girl's level was skyrocketing. Meaning, unless she thought of something to do the girl might take down the path that Hidden herself went down. It also meant that she needed to take care of Laughing Coffin as soon as possible. She didn't want them seeing the small girl as a potential recruit. Or worse, bait for Hidden. 

Assassin fumbled with the fishing rod for a moment, inspecting the thing like she had never really seen one before. Which, she really hadn't in real life since she spent most of her time in orphanage. Fishing was never really the most fun thing to do for her, but was part of the quest. She waited for a moment for Hidden to cast out her line, so she could watch how to do it, then tried herself. It didn't go out as far as her sisters, but still good enough for what they were doing.

She was recalling that another quest she did with Ariel actually required you to fish up the boss. How boring. "These kind of things are boring." The child's tone waned. "I hope we find it fast then."

A few moments went by and she was already looking so bored of their task. She looked over to Hidden with dull eyes. "Um... Are you still mad with me about the rhino?"

image.png

Hidden casted her pole out into the water as Ayame began to complain that things like fishing were boring. "You can go ahead and leave if you're gonna complain. Some quests are more than find and kill. In fact, I rather like the quests that have a bit of story to them. Just hunting all the time gets a little boring." A tug pulled on her line and her attention refocused on her pole. It began to bend and she had to use all her might to hold it. The water began to bubble and a large fish washed up on the shore. And when I say large fish, I mean the size of a boat. Hidden threw down her pole and entered stealth before it could even manage to see her. In stealth, she would unsheathe her dagger. 'Alright, let's try this new sneak attack thing a try. I've wanted this for so long and now I finally got it.' 

Her eyes traveled to Ayame who was probably worried at her suddenly vanishing. Hopefully the fish remained on the surface so she could attack. 

157006 CD:12. Fished up da boss

Hidden Enters Stealth!
157008 LD:15+5=20 Stealth Rating

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]
[0] @Assassin

<<Moretsuna>> 500/500 HP | 100 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA

• Drown: On a CD of 10+, «Mōretsuna» will drag down the player instead of attack, unless they roll a 10+ on the LD their turn. If the player fails, they will be brought into the water, where they will take 50 unmitigatable damage every turn until they return to the dock or boat, which takes a turn to do.

• Splash: On an attack roll of a natural 9-10, along with their basic attack, «Mōretsuna» will splash water onto the player, bringing them to their knees and paralyzing them their next turn.

• Struggle: On an attack roll of natural 1, the creature will flail and hit each player for 50 unmitigable damage, but also deal 50 unmitigatable damage to himself.

The giant fish washed up to shore with ease thank to Hidden, which was good because waiting around for things like this was pretty boring considering that she just got through a similar quest with Ariel. The little girl sighed and pulled her dagger free from it's holster. "Alright... let's beat him u-" When she turned around, Hidden was... well hidden. Vanished completely.

Assassin looked a little nervous not having known where she went. Her hands shook as the Moretsuna approached her. "S-Stay back!" The child screams and slashes her dagger through the target crazily, dealing a mass amount of damage. The Moretsune takes its mighty maw and clamps down on Assassin once her attack is finished, shaking her around like a rag doll before launching her in the grass. Its movement caused a large wave to engulf her. Making it extremely difficult to recover. "H-Help!" She coughed through water being forced through her nose and mouth.

image.png

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]
[1] 
Assassin | HP: 383/460 -(77) | EN: 46/46 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | [PARA]

<<Moretsuna>> 382/500 -(118) HP | 100 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA

• Drown: On a CD of 10+, «Mōretsuna» will drag down the player instead of attack, unless they roll a 10+ on the LD their turn. If the player fails, they will be brought into the water, where they will take 50 unmitigatable damage every turn until they return to the dock or boat, which takes a turn to do.

• Splash: On an attack roll of a natural 9-10, along with their basic attack, «Mōretsuna» will splash water onto the player, bringing them to their knees and paralyzing them their next turn.

• Struggle: On an attack roll of natural 1, the creature will flail and hit each player for 50 unmitigable damage, but also deal 50 unmitigatable damage to himself.

In the mere moments that she was hidden, the large fish took her revenge on the small girl. Ayame was washed over by a tide that knocked her to the ground. Shaking her head, Hidden moved forward, brandishing her dagger. Her form was surrounded by shadows, seeming to bend the light around her to conceal her. 

Her dagger met its mark and her opponent began to flail as it sudden realized she was there. A large amount of damage was inflicted onto the opponent, bringing it effectively down to lower than half health. She now stood in between the fish and Ayame, a confident smile playing on her face. "Sorry. I was busy, your real opponent has arrive though. Hope I didn't hold you off for too long now." Her white dagger would flash as she held it up, waiting for her opponent to make its move. 'this should be a piece of cake.' Hidden thought. 

158310 BD:6
DMG: 16+3*13=247-25=222 DMG

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 1/2]
[1] 
@AssassinHP: 383/460 -(77) | EN: 46/46 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | [PARA]

<<Moretsuna>> 160/500 HP | 100 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA

The Moretsuna's digital flesh sundered to Hidden's blade leaving a massive gash on it's body where the strike had impacted. A scar across it's health bar showed that it wasn't going to survive another attack. However, it had tricks of it's own. It hopped up into the air, as it had done before and landed directly on top of her. sending more water ashore like how it had done with the younger of the dagger users.

Assassin, on the other hand was having too difficult of a time getting back to her feet and into the fight. The girl coughed up water that logged her body and couldn't really react to anything that was going on around her. All she could see was her big sister getting completely waterboarded the same way she had. "N-Nee chan!" She called out, spitting up more of the lakes grimy water.

image.png

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 1/2] | [Para]
[1] 
@AssassinHP: 383/460 -(77) | EN: 46/46 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | [PARA]

She stood in between the two entities. The paralyzedgirl behind her and the monster in front of her that was pretty ticked at her attacking it. She watched as the it jumped into the air, flopping back down into the water. A wave of water slammed ashore and knocked her over into the sand. She sat up slowly, coughing up the water that had got into her mouth. She was left drenched and her cloak becoming far heavier than it was. She laid with her back in the sand, helpless unable to get up. "Stupid fish" she said in a mutter, angrily glaring up at the sky. 

"I can't believe that it took an undodgeable attack to take me out. Go get it girl, I'll rest here for a bit" she said with a salty attitude. The girl could handle herself. Besides, it wasn't as if she could do anything at this point. 

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 1/2] | [Para]
[1] 

Assassin crawled up off the ground. She had called for help and Hidden was complying to help her. She might have been a little annoyed with the younger girl lately because she wasn't listening, but Assassin appreciated how protective the other girl had become of her.

But now, it was her turn to help her sister. The large fish splashed down on Hidden, paralyzing her as well. Assassin's breathing increased as she felt some kind of adrenaline rush. She wasn't going to let this stupid fish beat up her sister. "Hey!" She growled angrily at the flopping fish. "You leave my Nee-chan alone!" With burst of speed, her red blade slashed through the target several times dropping it's health to critical levels. Just before she could deliver the finishing blow, however, the fishes backside fin slapped her off to the side. She didn't take any damage from the attack, but was sent deep into the sand on her back end. She looked a little dazed for the moment.

image.png

[0] @Hidden| 1040/1040 HP | 102/102 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off [Rested 1/2] | [Para]
[1] 
@AssassinHP: 383/460 -77 | EN: 46/46 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

<<Moretsuna>> 42/500 HP -(118) | 100 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA

Hidden slowly managed to force her body to sit up. From there, she was able to see Ayame hack into the boss with her own dagger. She wasn't sure if she was happy or sad to see it. Getting stronger in the game definitely was fun as you pushed your avatar to new heights, but was Ayame doing it for fun or out of obligation? She pushed herself off the ground and stepped forward. The fish knocked the little girl back into the sand, but Hidden knew she would be fine. "Alright then. Let us finish this, shall we?" 

She lifted her dagger into the air where it would blaze with a burning white light. She would lunge forward and bring it down on her opponent, the light flashing brilliantly before fading all at once. The enemy burst into pixels, leaving the two girls to themselves. 

"I suppose that wasn't too hard. Though, at my level not a lot of things can be challenging anymore." She stated in an almost too proud manner. 

"Now, I got a little surprise for you. Come along!" 

159096 BD:9. Its been smited to death.

Assassin dug her rear end out of the sand as Hidden finished their target with one massive blow. Having a weapon like hers would be amazing. Before the girl could even say anything about the fight, she was already being ushered to some new, unknown location. This was about when Hyou returned to her side and purred happily at it's masters safety. There wasn't much she could do to help Assassin fight, but she was glad that Hyou was there for her moral support.

"You can do so much damage Nee-chan. I can't wait to be as strong as you. I'll be able to help you fight, and I'll be able to protect myself like you can!" She smiled a bit at her own words, following next to the older girl. "So, where are we going, you have something to show me? What is it?" The girl asked eagerly, hoping she would be told.

The young girl joined her and Hidden had half the mind to brush off the sand from the little girl's behind. However, that would be far too motherly then for what her position entailed. "When you are my level you will probably deal the same amount of damage as me. Though of course, you might take your build a different route. Mine is focused on my weapon." She stopped talking since she knew how much the young girl wanted a weapon like hers. Hidden couldn't provide another Holy weapon to the little girl. 

"Just come on. We are going to the Second floor. Not scary at all. Nice little floor. Sunshine, cool breezes..." 

As they teleported, Hidden would begin to walk the distance to her new house. It was sadly... quite a walk. She didn't want to be close to a bunch of lower leveled players so she put it a pretty decent way out. "Just a little bit farther now. Almost there." she would promise the girl. "What do you think it is?" she asked to wonder what kind of expectations the girl might have. 

Floor two. Assassin had spent a good amount of time on this floor by herself when she first started to level up. A lot of time running around and just5 pushing her digital body to it's limits. Hidden was talking about builds and damage, which wasn't something that she herself was really good at determining. If she had to choose what she would like to do, it would be like what the Moretsuna had just performed on them, constant stun lock and immobility.

"Well, I wanna make sure that things can't hurt you, or me. I wanna make them stop attacking so that you can get really easy hits on them. Does that sound cool?" She asked, looking forward as to make a guess to where they were going. "Um... are we going to a lake that we can swim in without the big fishes trying to eat us? I think that would be fun. Or maybe we're just going to fight another meanie?"

Hidden listened to what Ayame wanted her build to be and nodded with understanding. "From what I know, it is a good plan. If you intend to fight a bunch of players. Few players actually are immune to getting paralyzed or stunned. Now, you'll almost be useless against a boss. Most of those are immune." She shook her head. She didn't need to get into numbers with the little girl. 

As the girl took her guesses Hidden would shake her head to both answers. "I don't like swimming too much. And I am done fighting things for today. Guess you'll have to wait and see." Hidden continued to walk forward, following along a dirt path. Surrounding them was grass and a river just to the left of them. Perhaps that is where Ayame got the idea of swimming? Within a few minutes, Hidden could see the house and approached. As they stood in front of the house, Hidden would stop and present it. "This is what I have to show you. It is my new house." The house was decorated with elegant windows and made from wood and limestone. The interior would be decorated with normal furniture mostly made of wood. She pushed open the door, revealing the inside. 

"Well? Take a peek?" she asked the young girl. 

Assassin looked along the river. She had really thought that they were going to some kind of nice pond to relax a little, but what she actually got was probably better. A small house, really kind of cute in nature, and not really the kind of place she expected Hidden to own. Her older sister opened the door carefully, proving that it was her own. Assassin peered inside carefully, looking at the small building. Hidden invited her to come inside.

"Um... t-tadaima?" She said quietly as she walked in. It wasn't her house, yet the caregiver at the orphanage would always get mad at her if she entered a house without saying the phrase. Inspecting the building from the inside, it seemed a little bigger than the outside might give it credit. It was cozy and nice. Even though they weren't in a safe zone, she still felt eased enough to remove her cloak and her daggers to her inventory, leaving her in the usual modern-looking clothing. "This is all your place?" She asked, looking through other doors to see what they might hold.

As Ayame would enter she would curiously mention that she was home? Confusing. Perhaps it was a thing she had to do back in the real world. Hidden would follow her in from behind, closing the door behind her. She watched as the girl unequipped her cloak and weapons and Hidden shrugged, deciding to do the same. She unequipped her dagger and unequipped the optional addition to Shadow's Silence. As she did so, the hood to her cloak would be removed, revealing her hair, face, and shoulders. She also went ahead and unequipped her leggings as well for additional comfort. 

She stood next to the counter in the kitchen as she watched the girl poke around the area and asked if it was all hers. "Well... most of it." Hidden would reply. Slowly, she would walk over to the room that was connected to the living room. She turned the knob to the door and pushed it open and gesture to the inside. "This room is actually yours. So I don't really own it." The room was sadly pretty bland. She didn't know what kind of decorations the girl would like. All it had for now was a bed, a dresser, and a nightstand. Also, hanging on the wall was a belt to hold weapons, however, only weapon currently sat in the belt. 

Assassin nervously walked through the house, trying to familiarize herself with the place while her sister got into more comfortable clothing. Then she mentioned that one of the rooms was hers. Hers? Hidden had gone out of her way to add a room for her in the house. She couldn't believe it, not until the silver-haired woman opened the door to her would-be room. Only one bed and dresser of her own?

"Th-This is all mine?" She asked as she walked in, opening the draws to confirm that they had been emptied specifically for her. After getting confirmation from Hidden that this room did indeed belong to her. Assassin nearly started to cry. She had spent years sharing a room with 5-10 other orphans. How was she supposed to feel other than completely joyous. Assassin ran over to Hidden and gave her a soft hug. She didn't really say anything, but Hidden could tell that this gesture meant more to her than she could have ever believed.

Hidden watched the girl examine the room, mind absolute blown by the fact that she had gone out of her way to get her a room. It was kind of odd to watch the girl fret just about the little room she had set aside for her. 'I guess in the orphanage she didn't get her own room. That was one commodity I did get I suppose. A place to hide away from the rest of the world.' 

"Th-This is all mine?"

Hidden smiled. "Well, there is only a few other people who are allowed in this house. Raidou, Yuki, Mari and you.... I doubt Crozeph would dare show his face around a place like this." She almost laughed at the thought. She opened her inventory to add Shadow's Eclipse to the Belt on the wall, the dagger that Hikoru offered her a while back. "You can't touch these until you are tier two okay?" She would tell Ayame. "I've got a room, it is up those stairs that you seen when walking in the house." She would tell Ayame. 

Ayame would run over and latch onto Hidden and for the first time she didn't tense up. A smile grew on her face as she rested a hand once more on the girl's head. "I will take care of you. I'll give you what no one would give me, Ayame." Maybe this was her learning to be nice. Maybe this was revenge for her father being such an asshole. Who knew? Not Hidden. 

Disbelief and shock covered the young girls face. A home where she wouldn't be pressure by others? A place where she could live peacefully and not be bothered by the mundane need to listen to the caretaker, or get bullied by other children. Tears formed more profound on her face and she actually began to cry, but all in joy.

The scene was touching, but at some point, it would come to an end. Hidden would place the dagger that she had on the wall where she had set something up like a trophy case for the girl's weapons and tell her that it was off limits until she got a little stronger. Although curious to what the dagger might be capable of, she didn't want to make Hidden mad after she had just given her much more than she could have ever asked for.

"I-I want to rest... in my new bed." Assassin says quietly as she climbs into the plain looking bed and rests her head against the pillow. It was a little early in the day, but she had been overwhelmed by the fight earlier, and now this? It was beginning to make her head spin.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 2 quest; 1 page; 1 event; Hidden: 2 Slime Farm; 1 Yui's Grace
Col: 3200 per player
Moretsuna Statue to both players