[PP | FL4] Feeding the Enemy Take 2!

Kiluia was already standing at the exit of the town where it would lead them to the habitat of the penguins. He had made a few pit stops which included the guild vault He had received permission to take a few things to help him on his quest of the elusive familiar. He mumbled slightly as he had sent the message to Haine. She had been with him when he took out the items so she already knew that things would be different this time around. Or at least he would assume it would be different. "I really hope this works out than before. I don't want people to hinder the results this time."

Hey Haine,

I'm back already at the town entrance on floor 4. Its just regular snow today and the forecast says that there will be no blizzard. WIll be waiting for you, love.

Kiluia

With the next moment, he opened up his HUD and ensured he had everything he needed. The items he had to equip were his trinket, Primrose Cross, that dangled around his neck and the spy glass. All the other items were consumed. The melody played for him immediately from the song to help assist them with their work. All he had to do was wait for his significant other.

Spoiler

Lvl 21 HP 420 EN 42

Armor: Rose Prism
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 150711
Enhancement: Evasion +1, Mit +2

Wraps: Ra's Wrath
Roll ID: 156229
Enhancements: DMG +3

Dagger: Jagged Fang
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 155022
Enhancement: Damage+2, Bleed +1

Trinket: Primrose Cross
Roll ID:153798
Enhancement: Loot Dice 3

Trinket: Eye of Rain
Roll ID: 155021
Enhancement: Accuracy 2 , Recovery 1

UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911a
UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911b

Darkness Salve
Yui's Grace (7/7) renewed July
Blank Beginner Map x 2 
Blank Intermediate Map x 
Blank Advanced Map x 2
Essence of Steel
Pheromone: 148311-1
Spyglass
Familiar Song : 155503
Lemon Berry Palmiers 149636

Using Pheromone: 148311-1
Spyglass
Familiar Song : 155503
Lemon Berry Palmiers 149636

Buffs: Every 10 posts instead of 15, +3 to Loot Die, +1 to CD to Familiar Taming,  +2 LD Familiar Search+3 LD Trinket.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Haine spent a good half of yesterday moping over their defeat. They were so close to capturing that penguin, yet so far. The altercations in the town square scared off the poor thing. He waddled into the crowd and the girl lost sight of the bird. For a penguin, it was surprisingly stealthy. They set off to the guild vault to obtain some gear which could aid their endeavors the next time around. With the spyglass in hand this time, their odds of success seemed promising.

The girl woke up to an empty home, as per usual. Kiluia was an early bird and he did not dare to incur sleeping beauty’s wrath. He left her be to wake up on her own accord and left some breakfast on the counter. She padded down the hallway to the kitchen and fixed herself a cup of mocha to accompany her breakfast. She made her way to the garden patio and pulled out a chair, settling into it. The air greeted her with a sweet floral fragrance, the birds singing their morning songs as they zipped by. She closed her eyes and laid back, enveloped in the moment of tranquility. She enjoyed it well, for today would bring forth an important mission. The couple was determined to track down that penguin and tame it once and for all. 

The white haired man stood at the outskirts of town, wearing a face of determination which she could sense from afar. He was facing with his back towards her, unaware of her presence. Typical of the blue haired gal, she crept up behind  the other and covered his eyes with her hands. “Miss me, sweets?” She pulled away and circled in front of him, clasping her hands behind her back.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 46
HP: 920
EN: 92

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

Sometimes he thought she was too good for him. Other times, he just felt like it was  a dream. Often times, he just went with the flow as it felt like the course of nature was just leading him along. Of course he was happy with the end result of every day that occured. When she covered his eyes, all he could do was smile a bit before looking down at the brightly smiling lass. Instead of an answer, he kissed her lips as they both leaned in. 

He pulled back with a big grin on his face. " I hope that answers your question." He leaned back up before his eyes looked at their surroundings."Today seems like a better day for us to discover that penguin and tame it." Body moved forward but not before snatching up her hand walking with her in the fresh fallen snow. "I also have something important to talk to you.."His tone was slightly more serious this time.

She hummed into the kiss. Haine was still in that honeymoon stage where she enjoyed spending as much time as possible around the other. Every little gesture of love was exponentially more effective at making her heart race. She was in the process of getting used to the way their dynamic had changed. Sometimes she felt as if she were living in a dream which was too good to be true. He pulled away and bit back a sheepish smile. The town was just as bustling as the day before around this time of day. Adventurers began their morning commutes, slipping into stores to purchase goods, waiting near corners for their comrades to appear.

"Yep, I think we'll get it for sure this time! I just wish we thought of the gear before all of this." She sighed. Well, that was in the past. Good came out of their fruitless endeavor anyway. The couple spent time getting to know each other, she was grateful for the memory nonetheless. His question caused the bluenette to freeze, a look of concern etching her features. "Y...es?" He was seldom serious like this. For as long as she'd known the man, he was a happy-go-lucky spirit just like her. This was out of the ordinary. She racked her mind, trying to recall if she'd seen anything off about him or her lately.

He had been been fidgeting with his fingers while trying to contemplate on how to address his own unique certain situation. His mouth opened to speak but his breath caught a moment. He didn't want to cause her distress but the duo had an open relationship.  How could he actually speak about this? He thought for a long minute before sliding his hand into hers walking slowly out of town. "My memories aren't all there." He started with that moment. His short term memories were fine. It was anything past a certain point. His body stiffened a bit while he confessed his own dilemma.

He opened his HUD for her next to show her the information that was about him. The information about him contained everything normally minus the level difference from what she knew him before to what he was now. His amber eyes dulled a bit as he walked spoke."I don't remember certain things.. like faces and names. Some peoples faces are like the static on a TV screen while others come through perfectly." He had been plagued on certain nights nightmares of faces he didn't know. " I just wanted to be clear with you.. and honest. I'm working on it and I haven't told anyone. I don't want to be a burden." 

He seized her hand in his and she squeezed it, searching his eyes with a look of concern. His brows were furrowed in thought, words slow and meticulously chosen. He must’ve not wanted to alarm her with these revelations. To no avail, she was taken aback by it. He continued to move, pulling her along with him as he made his way out of town. Their eye contact broke and she had his voice to go off of.

The next thing she saw came out of the blue. She’d noticed his level and rubbed her eyes in disbelief. What happened there? She remembered his level being twice more of what it was now. How did this happen? The level, his memory loss, she could only pin it to one thing, the abnormal circumstances the cocoon had put them through. She caught a glimpse of his troubled expression when a wind pushed back his soft white tufts.

She put a hand on her lover’s shoulder to stop him. She tilted her head to see his face. “You could never be a burden to me, Kil. I’ll always be there for you, you know that right?” She gave him a soft, reassuring smile. “Whatever you’re going through, you’ll find a way to work through this. And I’ll be here when you need me, okay love?” She tucked some unruly strands behind his ear as a gesture of affection. “We’ll get you up there in no time.”

He offered a slight smile to her. Her words were reassuring to him as he squeezed her hand. He had wanted  desperately to tell her this weakness." They told me I was a blacksmith.. I didn't think much of it since I don't remember that. I saw my old workshop but did not understand why I couldn't remember it." 

His eyes seemed saddened a bit as he continued their way."It affected me here. I feel those faces staring  at me and they're long gone." He perked up a bit now as he thumbed her hand as he held it. " I am glad it was  me than you though. I don't  want anything to happen to you."

Her touch and her presence meant the world to him. His previous life he hadn't the courage to face her. Now, he was spending his life with her." When this is over.. Meet me at the school... So I can properly tell you how I feel. And.. To continue our life out there too. "

She could not do much to comfort him other than to reassure him. Her face fell a little. It should have been her to take the brunt of these effects. She’d emerged from the cocoon relatively unscathed, whilst the other had all of this going on. It was a cruel twist of fate, a burden she wished she could bear in stead for him. She listened as he went on about his previous profession as a blacksmith. He was good at what he did, but Haine always felt as if his heart wasn’t into it. Not like the way it was when he talked about food. She felt like he was slowly figuring himself out in all of this uncertainty.

She was at a loss for words, but her silent attention spoke for her as she nodded. His hand was bigger in comparison to hers, enveloping it with his own. She had not expected the earnest confession that followed suit. Her cheeks tinged a light pink and her eyes softened. She couldn't imagine life without him, after all this time spent attached at the hip. She could see a future with him, whatever it might be. "Of course, I would love that." She felt compelled to embrace him then. She wrapped her arms around him, resting her cheek against his chest. She gave him a tight squeeze. "Don't you worry your pretty lil' head. You've got me, sweets!" She tried to lighten the moment by pulling away and bopping his nose with the tip of her finger.

Edited by Haine

She was extremely optimistic to a point that it was infectious. The reassurance she provided him gave him a different perspective. He would have to thank her for all she did for him and by being his partner here. It was then he heard a squawking sound. They were nearing the habitat once more. This time the discovery was quicker for the duo. He looked over at Haine and gave spoke."Looks like round two for us." He gave a slight smile at the blue beauty.

He curiously looked around waiting for the situation to turn into their favor. "Let's try and see if they'll come to us first." He looked more confident this time than previous. He would have to thank the guild and of course Haine for the items he was able to use. The spy glass would prove vital for this quest. He would pass it on to Haine so long as there were enough  charges left on it.

They found themselves moving closer inward, near the ice cap habitat the penguins called home. It looked the same as it did yesterday, with little flocks of them going about their daily routines. Butt Patch brought back a trinket from their visit to town, a shiny diamond ring that fell off somebody. It was pecking at it in fascination, oblivious to the watchful gaze of the other curious penguin. They waddled up to it and it squawked, running off with the diamond ring hanging from the tip of its beak. Those nosy fiends wouldn't steal their ring under their watch! The bird notices a tuft of blue waving about from behind a cover and tilts its head, beady eyes boring holes in that direction. It wobbles closer to the interlopers. It had yet to spot Kiluia, the top of his white hair blending in well with snowy background. "He's coming this way," Haine whispered, a hopeful smile on her face. They could do this.

The familiar squaking was heard ahead. They  had indeed stumbled upon their  habitat once more and the original penguin in town  was seen sliding on its belly around  the cold ice. He halted holding Haine's hand. "It's butt patch."He smiled a bit actually saying the name out loud. His eyed the pengun a moment before the penguin noticed them. Both eyes met and an instant recognition was conceived as this was the moment the duo had been wishing for.

The bright eyed penguin came toward them with the same curiosity that it had last time. It squawked once  more at them speaking but no comprehension was really there. Kil flicked through his HUD to pull out the food once more that the Gypsy had gave him previously. He was sure to he ready with everything. He wanted to end this soon before the penguin could  retreat back into the cold dark waters it had called home.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200704-125518_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7e76a055359c7f232b2e842f24db8888.jpg

LD +8 Enhancement. Familiar located.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She stepped aside and remained quiet, for she didn't want to cause a distraction. He had instantly located the penguin thanks to the spy glass. The bird dropped its little trinket when it spotted Kiluia's fish. It was all but forgotten in the snow as it waddled forward to smell him. She turned to him with a hopeful look. "You've got this," she mouthed. Looking at the bird, she was already in love. It was a pain in the butt to catch, but she knew she wanted this one in particular. It had its own unique personality that she couldn't quite put a finger on. Sassy, a little curious, with a love for bling.

She'd heard through the grapevine of a polar bear habitat beyond this area. She would have to go there sometime to catch a polar bear family in its element. She was sure she wanted one of those as her own now, albeit the idea of another penguin was just as tempting.

The penguin was more preoccupied finding out she was being spied on more than the food at the moment. She looked at the food then back at them curious as to what they wanted her to do. She shook her neck a bit before rearing back slightly. She squeaked more noises expecting them to understand  her to no avail. That would change soon if he were to tame her. "Come on..." He mumbled slightly.

He then moved himself into the open to show he meant no harm. The food  was placed in front  of him as he showed both hands signaling he had no intention of harming this penguin. She was majestic to him as it was indeed his favorite animal. " Just give it a try. I promise you won't regret eating it." He tried to comminicate with it but had no sure fire way to know if the creature  understood. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200704-135342_Chrome.thumb.jpg.53f77dedcb1ad00b5735f21b95ab1aac.jpg

Failed

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

The penguin squinted at Kiluia. It was intrigued by this mysterious creature, lacking both blubber and fluff. Such strange, colorful skin, it must have wondered, as it eyed his coat. He placed the fish in front of the bird and backed away to show his intentions were harmless. Nonetheless it picked up the fish, gave the blue haired woman a once over, and then began to waddle off with the fish. "H-Hey, come on fella! Eyes here." Haine moved closer and knelt down to its level, attempting her best soft smile. It waddled closer to the two of them again and dropped the fish. Oh wait, the trinket! Where could it have gone! The eccentric penguin searched about the snow for any sign of a bright shiny stone. It let out a frustrated squawk and settled down. Haine couldn't help the chuckle which escaped her lips upon witnessing the creature's personality. It was adorable to look at it.

The penguin looked at Kiluia and then at Haine. It seemed that it was easier to show what they wanted to do with the food without the outside factor of other people and loud sounds. For a moment, the creature hesitated toward the fish. It had grown hungry now since it was out for a meal. Today, she would not grow hungry. Its eyes met Haine and Kiliia before devouring the fish food before it. 

A loud sigh of relief was given as he watched her eat the food. He slowly and cautiously moved toward the creature and touched its head. It was busy eating but he could feel her coo under his touch. His eyes gleamed with excitement as he spoke to Haine." We did it!" He laughed looking at her. The food that the gypsy gave him did the trick and he would return the item to her when they made it back in town. He grinned as he extended a hand to Haine." Thanks.. for bearing with  me." Finally, the quest was over. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200704-150320_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a4040d82b08d5ad8c1e35b2cb63ef2e6.jpg

CD+1 success!

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

All the bottled excitement in Haine released as she pumped her fist in the air. "Gah, finally! We busted our asses for you, lil' bud!" She pointed at the penguin in accusation, who was all the more oblivious to her presence. It scarfed down the fish, ravenous. It was around that time of day to seek breakfast, but the kind young man bad delivered it to her instead. She cooed into his touch and swallowed everything down to the bone, the hungry one. It looked up at him with beady eyes and patted his pant leg, as if to ask for more. The woman cooed at the moment of bonding between the two. "Welcome to the family, Pingu," she beamed, reaching down to stroke the top of its head. The penguin inched away from her and buried itself between Kiluia's legs. Haine frowned just a little. "Hmmph! Alright then." She glanced at Kiluia. "Well, I think it loves you."

He looked at his new penguin and identified it as a female. The information popped up on his HUD giving it identifiers for him to input." Okay. Name is Pingu.." He would look at what he could make it do. He thought for a moment and then thought about perhaps he should make it into a damage boost for him. He glanced at Pingu and patted her head."Be nice, Pingu. She lives with us and will also be your master around the house." It seemed communication seemed a lot better since the quest was considered over. All they had to do left was return to town and find that gypsy. The penguin moved from his legs and nudged Haine's hand for recognition. It seemed commands would be issued now between the duo for non combative purposes. He tilted his head and smiled."Now, all we have to do next is to get yours and it'll be complete. But we have to stop at the vault again to gather the items other than the spy glass."

He flipped his HUD away and made way back to the entrance of town."Say bye to your old home, Pingu. Welcome to ours." He would have to change the setting of the homes temperature in his room to at least be cool enough to allow Pingu to live decently. Maybe when they married, he could make a room for their pets. A light rose blush appeared on his face as he started to imagine things.

Her heart melted a little when the penguin decided to give her a shot. Pingu waddled up to her and crooked her neck, surveying the much taller creature. She nudged her hand in recognition and Haine cooed. "Aww. It's good to meet you too, Pingu." Her eyes closed with a smile that reached them, as her hands brush against the familiar's soft head. The penguin chirped and pulled away. A bedazzled ring buried in the snow caught its attention. It picked up the ring with its beak... and swallowed it. What an odd, metallic tasting thing. Haine put a hand over her mouth and laughed. "And she seems to like shiny things. We have a thief in our midst!" She followed beside Kiluia on the way to town, Pingu walking in between them, looking back and forth between the two. 

"I can't wait to get mine," Haine mused. "A polar bear cub to keep Pingu company, how bout' it?" She just hoped it wouldn't be as big of a pain in the butt as Pingu was to catch. "I'm ready to grab the items when you are."

Edited by Haine

A polar cub to match the penguin. The idea seemed like a cartoon that would be presented in his head as he thought about the duo going on misfit adventures. He looked at her and nodded."Yeah. Having them from the same region would allow us to keep our creatures in the cold." He gave a nodded before thinking about what they had to do to do her quest."We would need to get all the items that I used." He gave her the spyglass with two charges left." This is for you.. When we get to the habitat, you can use my pendant." He referred to the Primrose Cross around his neck. His eyes looked over at Haine and smiled at her." What do you plan on naming the polar bear?"

He started to walk with her to town to start their journey. They had a lot of ground to cover while the quests were still available to them to complete. He was preparing himself to go help everyone in the guild as much possible. He would flick open his HUD screen and  pull out the spy glass. He handed it to her and smiled. "Here ya go."

- Spyglass [2/3 charges remaining]

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

"Yeah, exactly! It makes sense." The more she thought of it, the more it did. Two familiars with similar accommodations and preferences for food, it was a perfect combination. Never in her life did she imagine it was possible for two creatures to coexist under the same roof - let alone in a home. Her attention turned to Pingu, who buried her head in the snow, shoveling it around with her beak. She was on the lookout for a shiny pebble trapped beneath the snow. With a trill of joy, she unearthed a pebble. She stuffed it inside her beak and carried it for safe keeping. Haine giggled at the little creature's antics.

The mention of the guild vault piqued her attention. A HUD alert popped up on her screen for the spyglass. "Thanks, love." She hit accept and surveyed its details. With this, she wouldn't have to worry about spotting them. They were nearing the town entrance by now. "As for a name... I'll have to sit on it for a little while. Toss me some ideas!" She noticed Pingu tugging at Kiluia's sleeve, beady eyes demanding attention. She shook her head and scooped her up, giving her a quick kiss. Pingu cooed.

THREAD COMPLETE

Kiluia - 3 SP (1 PAGE, 1 BONUS, 1 QUEST), 200 col

Haine  - 2 SP (1 PAGE, 1 BONUS), 200 col

SPYGLASS FROM KILUIA

Edited by Haine