Spoiler

Main Skills

Rapier Expert
Light Armour Journeyman
Battle-Healing Novice
Charge Novice

Extra-Skills

Meditation

As the bright blue light of the floor teleportation gave way, a harsh white light took its place as the unforgiving sun of the fifth floor beamed down upon Nathan’s skin. He grimaced as he looked across the sprawling dunes on the horizon, an unsettling feeling in his stomach as he stepped away from the teleportation point. It had been a long time since he done any real combat, much less a quest. Nathan knew he had a lot of work before him in order to reach the forefront of the fight out of Aincrad, the front line having extended into the 23rd floor now.

Nathan opened the menus of the game and navigated to his sparse friend’s list. Looking at the names he found Zajcica, a young woman who had been offering aid to lower level players. The interface indicated she was on the floor already, so Nathan started looking around for the warrior. Partying up was not Nathan’s first instinct with getting back into the grind, but he was far from strong enough to get to the front line quickly on his own. Absentmindedly, he repeatedly relaxed Bloodletter from its sheathe as he unsurely scanned the crowd in Fortaleza.

Edited by Creius

<<Bloodstained Land>>

The unbearable sun of floor five was absolutely nothing to the hot crags of floor nine. The pinkette had been lucky there were hardly any quests on that floor cause spending her spare time there would be annoying. Floor five, on the other hand, was rich with content for players to indulge in. She had her reasons for being here, and had reason to bring along another player. They were something of a noob. Apparently, they started playing years ago, like Crozeph, but had seemed disheartened for one reason or another to actually continue. Yuki couldn't blame him. This game was dangerous, however, with her developed skills as a tank, she could easily help this person and protect them while they get back into the swing of things.

Name Creius. That was even harder for her to say than Christopher. Well, sooner or later he made it to the teleportation plaza. Yuki waved him down, her long pink hair was impossible to mistake. "Oi~" Her hand reached out to him. "Orewa Yuki. Yoroshikune!~"

Translation note: (I'm Yuki. Nice to meet you!)

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 57
HP: 1350/1350
EN: 114/114

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 166
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 3
BH: 61
BLD: 36
H.M.:2
REC:1
THRNS: 84
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Charlemagne Rouge (T3/Perfect/Heavy): Heavy Momentum II, Rec I
Misc: Casa di Logistilla (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Taunt

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Block [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Shield Bash
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*8 < Using
Ration+2*7 < Using

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

As he saw the pink haired woman waving at him, Nathan approached her and saw her hand extend towards him. There was a slight hesitation before Nathan returned the gesture, taking her hand into his and giving it a slight but firm shake. “Good day, my name is Creius.” Nathan’s cold eyes took a moment to evaluate the player before him from head to toe, noting the heavy armor she donned. She certainly carried a sense of energy about her, if abated. “You must be the tank that offered to take me through a quest on this floor.” He gave the woman a half bow, “I greatly appreciate your assistance, Yuki. I am looking forward to working with you. I am looking to get back to the frontlines quickly...” Looking to the main gate of the settlement where the desert began, Nathan continued, “You mentioned you were familiar with the quest we are conducting today?”

Yuki took the lead for the two of them. This quest would be super easy for her to just thorns the enemy to death. It did some rather exceptional damage, but it nothing that her mitigation and battle healing couldn't handle. "Correct. I've been through this boss two or three times because it's drop is a boon to tank players like me. It's extremely evasive digging around in the sand before it leaps out at you. Do your best. It has no area of effect attacks and will focus me the entire fight." Yuki didn't need to be tough on a player like this. When she met Freyd, she established rules for the fight, but this player had been through the game enough to know what he is capable of.

"In case you don't feel safe enough already, I'm a level 57 front liner off-tank. The damage that this enemy is one of the only few that can breach my defenses, but I will have him dead before he can accomplish anything. Do you have any questions before we begin?" She asked reaching down to her sword and pulling it half way out of its holster. For moment, the weapon shines around the blade and light's up like a glowing beacon. It then is returned to where it belongs.

[Activate's Parry.]

Nathan followed the warrior, following her stride as he listed to her detail the boss. He had heard of the evolutions popping up across the floors, particularly of Avalanche who had surprised information brokers so long ago. He was not looking forward to engaging a stronger version of the sand shark he fought so long ago. “I feel safe enough, you seem more than capable for this fight. Otherwise I would not have embarked on it. I have no questions, just a desire to see this through and continue on our quest to finishing this game. I just hope I can be of some help as well; I do not want to be entirely dead weight.”

Noting Yuki’s readying of her blade, Nathan drew Bloodletter from its sheathe, giving it a few practice swings as the two of them, the comfortable weight of the blade nudging a familiar memory from his last combats. “It has been a long time since I have wielded my blade, I am sure I will stumble a quite a bit. I apologize for any inconvenience.”

"Very well, let us begin, then." The paladin says, coming across the bosses location within the next ten minutes of walking. It wasn't that far out of reach, but hard to find for a lower level player. Since Yuki had already indulged in the quest, she knew exactly where she was going. The Terra Firma could be seen in it's crater, swimming away in the sand without a care in the world. Yuki was about to ruin that.

"You'll only feel like dead weight if you let yourself think like that. Just do what you normally do and enjoy the fight. If this boss touches you, then I'm a failure as a tank." She said jumping down into the hole, sand exploding around her feet as she impacted with the ground. A large horn summoned around her body, and with a heavy breath, the paladin's lungs exhaled into the giant brass instrument. A wave blue energy resounded from around her, catching the Terra's eyes. "You know who it is Terra! Come get some!"

The sand shark obliged. With graceful speed, it bolts towards her, leaping from the sand crashing down on her. Her gauntlet reached up and grabbed the claw of the Terra without fear releasing her blade and slashing it through the chest with a deep gash. She threw it back into the sand with 2/3rds of it health points remaining. "Come on, you can hit me harder than that. You've done it before!"

image.png

[4]Zajčica | HP: 1308/1350 -(250-166)*.5 | EN: 105/114 -(10+3) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC:3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | [Vengeful Riposte Activated!][CD: 2/3]
[0]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 42/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 516/650 ((125-75)+84) | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

Spoiler

Abilities:

<< Assault Mode >> : On a LD roll of 10+, this boss will spot through hidden players and the bosses ACC and EVA will temporarily switch for his attack and his attack only and will strike as though it had partial phase on a natural roll of 9, and full phase on a roll of 10.

<< Move Swiftly >> : The skill Concentration will not work on this boss, and players will suffer a -1 penalty to ACC.

<< Hard-Scaled >> : Paralysis and Freeze does not work on this boss.

<< Weak-Spots >> : On a player’s roll of a natural 9-10, they will gain partial phase on their attack.

Nathan followed Yuki, quickly making their way through the dunes as the settlement of Fortaleza turn small behind them. They came upon a large hole and deep-down Nathan caught site of the sand shark, a monstrosity compared to the one that he had hunted previously. He felt the constriction of his throat as that subtle fear of death started to set in, a feeling that had been foreign for so long.

As the warrior leapt into the sand pit, her great horn filled the hole with a loud sound, energy cascading from her and the large creature began to show aggression as it targeted her. Watching the creature barrel towards the relatively small paladin, Nathan could not help but feel the slight electric feeling of combat come, calming his nerves.

As the sand shark made its way through the sands rapidly to the paladin, he crept into the pit, slinking off to the right flank, Bloodletter starting to glow with anticipation at the coming battle. Focusing on his speed, Nathan darted towards Yuki and the sand shark, watching the sand shark fly as the paladin tossed it aside casually, it’s health bar dropping rapidly from contact wit Yuki. Nathan dashed forward, his rapier light in his hands, Bloodletter seemingly humming in his hand at the thirst for blood.

Spoiler

image.png.0c9de20b2f31b629cca70ffac52f83fc.png

[4]Zajčica | HP: 1308/1350  | EN: 105/114 -(10+3) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC:3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25%
[2]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 42/42 (-1+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 503/650 {[(6+2)-75]+12} | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed applied]

With a yell, Nathan jumped forward and thrust Bloodletter to the beast, straight into the exposed underbelly of the shark before it could impact the sand and disappear. Bloodletter easily slid through the rough scales, leaving the red gash of a mark that started to emit red pixels as Bloodletter's bleed effect took hold. Nathan couldn't help but grin as he landed back on the sand. As the shark began to burrow back into the sand, readying it's next attack, Nathan could not help but notice the negligible effect his blade had on the beast. Tightening his hold on the blade, Nathan gritted his teeth and prepared for the long combat to come.

Edited by Creius
Didn't call SA. Adjusted energy. No DMG change

In the heat of the fight, her ally jumps in to help, dealing a reasonable blow to the target and inflicting it with bleed. Very well done. She was pretty impressed for someone who hasn't been doing much fighting recently. She smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up as the Terra burrowed back into the sand.

Her attention back to the boss, it swam through the sand towards her again, but much faster than it's last attack. Yuki reaches down to slice it with her sword, only to be surprised by it's speed. It knocks her square in the chest, sending her flying in the air and landing on her back. Her blade lands in the sand next to her with a shlink! "Ugh, that's what I get for taunting it." She comments.

Getting up from the ground, she pulls her blade loose. It shines with a holy looking light once she comes in contact with it again.

image.png

[5]Zajčica | HP: 1264/1350 -(252-166)+67  | EN: 104/114 -(-2+1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2(+6) | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25%
[2]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 42/42 (-5+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 503/650  | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed: 1/2]

Nathan turned on his heels after hitting the ground in time to see the thumbs up from Yuki. Giving a short nod of appreciation, he brought his attention back to the plume of sand barreling towards the paladin. He started running parallel to the plume and watched wide-eyed as the paladin took a really hard hit from the sand shark, being sent flying in the air and her weapon being knocked from her hand. Nathan, without a second's hesitation, doubled his step and engaged his sword arts, Bloodletter's crimson glow enveloping the weapon. A small grin crept across Nathan's face as the adrenaline of battle took him in.

Spoiler

DiceRoll.PNG.b0e84299b6758800687e7604274b5a55.PNG

[5]Zajčica | HP: 1264/1350 -(252-166)+67  | EN: 104/114 -(-2+1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2(+6) | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25%
[4]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 38/42 (-6+1+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1 | [Half-Phase] | Recovery

Terra Firma | 486/650 {[(6+1)*6 - 75] + 12}  | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed: 2-1/2] | Bleed refreshed

Nathan leapt in front of the sand shark after its initial attack, moving faster thanks to the sword art, placing himself between the creature and his airborne party member. In rapid succession, Nathan thrust Bloodletter four times into the shark's snout in a vertical line. With a loud yell, he finished the sword art with two more thrust, one on the shark's right side followed by a more weighted thrust on the shark's left side. Briefly a cross could be seen made on the sand shark's snout as Nathan finished the Crucifixion sword art, a brief pause before the impact registered on the momentum laden shark and it's course was diverted, the shark being knocked out of the sand and sent flying back a little. As the shark landed back in the sand and burrowed once more, not bothering to check the pitiful damage he likely inflicted, Nathan turned to the paladin, seeing she had already risen, "Are you alright? That looked like a hard hit." Nathan noted that it looked like almost a tenth of her health bar was gone. "That sort of hit on someone twice my level would have devastating affects on me..." he thought, gritting his teeth. "All I can do is not get hit and let the tank do her job."

Edited by Creius

Yuki grinned after a deep breath, barely moving from her spot again. She watched her health points bring her to quite nearly full. "Don't worry about me. I told you, I'm a front liner. I've taken hits worse than this and walked out unscathed." She reassured her ally, pointing to her health bar. "Look, already back to full, nearly."

In a moment the Terra was behind her. She wasn't even sure when it got there but somehow, miraculously, luck was not on it's side. It's claw reached to destroy her, but missed completely, even though she had taken no action to avoid him whatsoever. "Really? I didn't even move." It sounded more like a complaint than anything else.

Seeing as how her ally was getting an excessive amount of criticals, she needed to be sure it wouldn't hurt him. Again, she summoned her horn once again and bellowed another howl.

image.png

[9]Zajčica | HP: 1331/1350 +67  | EN: 97/114 -(-10+3) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2(+6) | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | [HOWL]
[4]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 38/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 486/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed: 2-1/2]

Spinning where he stood, Nathan started running over to his companion, watching her battle healing replenish her lost health. He watched as the monster took a wide swipe at Yuki, somehow missing, and leapt forward as it tried to escape back into the sands. Bloodletter began to glow its Crimson glow as Nathan primed his Sword Art Neutron, realizing he did not have enough time for a high combo attack; however, the land shark proved to nimble, disappearing into the sands as Bloodletter passed harmlessly over it. Hearing the horn bellow behind him as the paladin kept drawing the sand shark's aggro while Nathan tried to continue his relentless offensive.

Spoiler

image.png.abedda4e24bd3ac36e37d4aeac7edacc.png

[9]Zajčica | HP: 1331/1350 +67  | EN: 97/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | 
[4]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-2+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 474/650 [12] | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed: 1-1/2]

Nathan leapt away from the shark as it became a large plume of sand, burrowing back into its sandy home. He assumed a position off Yuki's shield arm, slightly behind her. "Yes, I realize you are from the front line. This is our mission, though, and it pays to make sure your companions are alright. Especially when they are the line of defense against you getting hit hard. I do not think I would recover as fast if I wound up targeted." He took a ready position, able to strike at every opportunity she opened up for him.

Edited by Creius
Oops, I missed. Bad boy gets 1 HP back

Yuki was quiet for a moment. She wasn't going to let this little shit sneak up on her like that again. If she had let get the better of her more often than not, it would start to think she wasn't much of a threat. The shifting sand on the ground started to approach her again. The light around her armor summoned around her arm and glowed with a radiant hue.

The sand exploded in front of her as the sand shark popped out of it like a jack in the box. Yuki's fist reeled back and nailed the gnawing enemy directly in the head. It's body completely limped over, stuck in the sand. With a kick, she knocked it over on it's side. "Might be immune to paralysis, but sure can't resist my fist." She grinned looking over at Creius. "Here you go, free hit while it's unable to attack."

image.png

[13]Zajčica | HP: 1350/1350 | EN: 80/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | 
[4]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-2+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 310/650 [164] | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 [Bleed: 1-1/2] | [STUNNED}

Nathan watched as Yuki readied her defense and smashed the sand shark on the head with her armor-clad fist. The impact made even Nathan wince a little as the boss monster immediately went limp in front of the paladin, the stunned status taking effect. As the paladin turned to him, offering up an attack, Nathan brought Bloodletter to a ready position, triggering the activation of his Crucifixion sword art with a quick nod, “Do not mind if I do.”

Spoiler

image.png.61ee6ca8275e91a9fc4920b0fb4eee48.png

[9]Zajčica | HP: 1350/1350 | EN: 80/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | 
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-6+1+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 309/650 [6*6-75] | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 | [STUNNED}

Nathan darted forward to the stunned sand shark, Bloodletter glowing its crimson red, and unleashed another sword art upon the stunned beast. Bloodletter flew forward in a rapid series of thrusts, once again creating the cross of puncture wounds on the beast's rough skin. Gritting his teeth, Nathan retreated as he noticed his blade’s physical attack meant little to the large monster and Bloodletter’s bleed proc was too low for reliable damage output.

Edited by Creius

After Creius made his follow up attack, the stun effect wore off and the Terra was back to burrowing like the crazy thing does. It swam around in the sand, but Yuki looked unbothered by its attempts to taunt them with it's maximized evasion. This would be so much easier if only she could offer damage herself, rather than just her normal thorns damage. That would require a lot more SP than she has to offer right now.

Soon the Terra began to burrow its way towards them, seeming to aim for Creius this time. Yuki was faster than light it seemed as she moved in front of him and activated parry. Unfortunately, it's attack fell short, completely missing the both of them. Yuki's strained expression settled as she looked back to her charge. "Don't worry, he won't get through me no matter how much he tries. I wont allow it."

image.png

[13]Zajčica | HP: 1350/1350 | EN: 76/114 -(5+1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | [Activates Parry!]
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 309/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 

Creius's eyes widened a little as the sand shark turned its aim at him but relaxed, knowing that the paladin held aggro and would continue to do her job. Instead, he prepared his next attack, knowing that if he could just land an attack, Bloodletter's bleed would do more damage in a few seconds than the physical damage he could output the whole combat. As Nathan figured, Yuki seemed to appear out of nowhere, placing herself between him and the shark, and Bloodletter started to glow its menacing crimson as Nathan once again accessed the Crucifixion sword art. "I'll hit it right as she deflects it to the side. I should be able to slide a hit in at that opening." 

Spoiler

image.png.a775fd6672e55c07ce439e2d8df562fb.png

[13]Zajčica | HP: 1350/1350 | EN: 76/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | [Activates Parry!]
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-2+1+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 309/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 

Nathan watched the shark launch itself at Yuki to which the paladin brought her blade up in a defensive stance. Nathan began to dart forward a fraction of a second later, closing the small distance between them quickly. His blade was aimed right above Yuki's sword-arm shoulder, where he predicted the monster would go after her defense; however, the beast never land its attack. Instead, Nathan almost stumbled into the paladin as he had to stop his momentum suddenly. The red thirst in his blade dying down to the mundane dark metallic color as he let the sword art go. "I know you will not fail me. We have our jobs to do. And as a DPS, no matter how low level, I will continue to do mine. If I can just hit him again, I will make him bleed. And he will bleed over and over until we defeat him.” Nathan backed off to the paladin's rear flank once more and scanned the surrounding area for signs of the sand shark's next attack.

Edited by Creius

Yuki hardly moved when Creius fell on her shoulder. She didn't even budge with the awkward food holds of the sand. Her focus was all in on the land shark, but she was still aware of the other player behind her. "Of course." She responded. "I am immovable. He couldn't kill me no matter he tried."

Again, the land shark came around for his next attack. It swam quickly through the shifted sands and towards Yuki. She stepped forward so Creius wouldn't get caught in a cross fire standing too close and charged the beast. It jumped from the sand and clawed over her chest with ease. As it returned to the sand. Yuki grabbed the beast by its stub of a foot. Half of it's body sunken in the sand, she stabs the Terra Firma directly in the behind, inflicting the bleed effect herself. After letting go, it burrowed back into the ground.

image.png

[17]Zajčica | HP: 1308/1350 -((250-166)*.5) | EN: 78/114 -(1)+3  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | [Activates Vengeful Riposte!]
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42  | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 113/650 -(84+1+36+(125-75)) | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 

Nathan took on an offensive position as he saw the sand shark begin its charge towards the resolute paladin. As the beast leapt from the sand, Nathan activated his sword art once more and began to charge, dashing around Yuki’s right side as she managed to grab the sand shark’s foot, restraining it for a fraction of a second. However, having to navigate around the paladin resulted in precious fractions of a second being lost.

Spoiler

image.png.f93ea91e6dc5ce6d298a10e87bfc977d.png

[17]Zajčica | HP: 1350/1350 | EN: 78/114  | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% |
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-2+1+1)  | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 113/650 | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

After watching Yuki plunge her blade into the beast’s rear, Nathan lunged forward, trying to quickly get his blade embedded in the beast, but to no avail. Nathan watched as his blade entered the sandy plume left behind by the beast as it rapidly burrowed back into the sandy depths before Nathan could close the distance. With a gritting of his teeth, the dark swordsman let the sword art release and jumped back behind his defensive companion, watching out for his next opportunity.

Edited by Creius

Watching the Terra do it's thing in the sand, Yuki plots her next move. If the enemy just hit her again, which was pretty likely, it would die with the next attack, but just to be sure, she would give it the good old slap. She readied her gauntlet back when it started to come at her, but when she swung in it's predictive path it shifted to the side and slashed straight through her armor. It mark of deep read painted her chest, but she wasn't nearly as affected by it as last time.

The girl caught herself before falling over and groaned. "Come on, you woulda died and we could've left you alone if you had just hit me without a critical attack." She complained watching the mound of sand shift around as the Terra clawed it's way through. "Man these bosses really piss off tanks like me. So reliant on them hitting you and they never do it correctly."

image.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1100/1350 (-250) | EN: 76/114 -(2) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% |
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650 (-36) | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0 | [FULL PHASE]

Nathan once again readied his sword art, watching the churning sand as the sand shark swam about as it planned its next attack. His eyes followed the beast until it turned, setting a path towards the paladin who had slowly been building up hate throughout the fight. As the beast once again leapt from the sands, angling to attack the paladin, Nathan saw his companion ready her own attack with her gauntlet. Nathan dashed forward and watched as the Terra Firma sank its flaws into the heavy plate of Yuki’s armor, a red, pixelated gash left behind and knocking the paladin off balance.

Spoiler

image.png.2d76f7b446ddb4da95337f7a3fb358e1.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1100/1350 | EN: 76/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% |
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 (-2+1+1) | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650  | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0

Nathan leapt into the air, watching as the beast once again burrowed into the sand. Bloodletter, glowing its dark crimson light, plunged towards the sand shark’s exposed rear just as it disappeared beneath the loose sand. The rapid series of thursts from the sword art exploded against the earth, ineffective to the boss it had been intended for. “And this boss is very quick on its toes for being so large. I have not been able to land solid blows most of this time.” Nathan scanned the surrounding area, looking out for the plumes of sand that would indicate the next attack while he retreated to Yuki’s rear flank. “This has been all sorts of annoying.”

Edited by Creius

"I apologize. If only I could do more than sit here and let it wail on me, perhaps we could have already been done with this. However, I am in no hurry as of right now, I hope I did not keep you waiting for anyone." The paladin said, keeping her eyes on the shrew that dug through the sand with extreme ease. It would only need to land a single well placed attack on her without critting to die. This battle was almost their victory, as if it wasn't already assured from the beginning.

It came around once more. Yuki readied her blade to counter-attack, but the moment that the overgrown mole saw the blade light up with a fury of vengence, it diverted it's course and ignored her. How could the stupid thing be goddamn smart? "What are you doing now? Come on! Hit me already! We can't put this to an end without you doing some thing!" She taunted it.

image.png

[18]Zajčica | HP: 1167/1350 (+67) | EN: 73/114 -(5)+3 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 67 | DoT -25% | PARRY
[5]Creius | HP 420/420 | Energy 37/42 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 1

Terra Firma | 77/650  | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | EVA: 4 | ACC: 0