[PP - F6] Things We Lost in the Fire

thumb-1920-864944.jpg

Things we lost to the flame. Things we'll never see again
All that we've amassed, sits before us, shattered into ash.

"Do you smell that?"

As if to test the air himself, Riker thrust his nose skyward, nostrils flaring. When he responded with a sharp snort, shaking his head furiously, Lessa figured she had her answer. "Okay, yeah, you smell it too?" The woman's lips drew into a hair-thin line, concentration digging a line between her blue eyes. "Any idea where it's coming from?" Whether the familiar could actually understand her, Lessa wasn't sure, though it sometimes seemed he could. Still, talking through her process with him always helped. Besides, the pair roamed an empty forest, so who was around to judge her?

A sudden stampede startled both woman and wolf. A small colony of rabbits hopped toward her, a mad, harried frenzy. A deer bounced gracefully behind them, and a pair of hawks shrieked overhead like the flyover at a football game. "In all the movies I've seen," Lessa began, whipping around to face the direction from which the wildlife had come, "that's a good sign. They're either escaping the fire, or a really big monster." Reaching back to ensure that Arcturus remained strapped to her back, Lessa vaulted a waddling porcupine as she thundered through the vegetation. "Let's go fight a fire! Or a boss. Or both!"

Spoiler

Lessa | HP:1210/1210 | EN:112/112 | DMG:20 | MIT:126 | EVA:-1 | ACC:3 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:36 | DoT -25%

Using Mega Slimefarm 7/7/2020.

Name: Lessa
Level: 56
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 126
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 3
BH:36
THRNS:54
H.M.:1
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcturus (T3/Perfect/2HSS): Damage 3
Armor: Galaxy Armor (T3/Perfect/Heavy Armor): Thorns 2, Heavy Momentum 1
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T3/Perfect/Jewelry): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Fishing [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Ferocity
Athletics
Finesse (Rank 3)
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*5
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +2 bonus SP at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]

tumblr_m5rokb0PIo1rp72jbo1_500.gif.74657ea8588b7beeb7954798155642c1.gif
We sat and made a list, of all the things we have...when loneliness came and you were away...I was the match and you were the rock,
Maybe we started this fire?

Adjusting the glasses on his nose, Raidou looked on into kindling as it danced in reflection on the glass covering his eyes. The nomad's fingers sifted through that which was claimed by the heat, painting his fingers black as he rubs them together. It was heartbreaking to the wanderer, it meant that this section of his map would now be useless. Raidou removes a small black book containing said knowledge and striking it from the page with the scratching of a pen. Changing modes with a softly spoken word "What a waste." removing a glimmering blade from his back.

The red wanderer would have vengeance. With his off hand he palms a failed potion in charcoal ichor to something waiting.  "Payment for your service, I don't know what to expect here." he comments toward his chest to the familiar concealed within his clothes, a sticky hand like tendril rips it from his palm into his sleeve and returns an empty vial. Preparations were complete, he could not stand idly by and allow this destruction to continue. These ecosystems were a supply line to the player base in specific, and it was clear the cardinal's tyranny knew no bounds.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte!

Raidou | HP:1210/1210 | EN:113/118 | DMG:18 | MIT:99 | EVA:3 | ACC: 3 | BH:60 | VENGEFUL

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 59
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 99
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:60

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*3
Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Empty Slot
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Raidou

In minutes, Lessa and Riker located the fire. Of course, it would be nearly impossible to miss a conflagration such as the one raging around them. The flames licked hungrily at everything in sight, consuming bushes, fallen logs, and even entire trees. The heat that rolled in waves slapped Lessa like an open palm, and before she knew it, beads of sweat were dripping down her temple. "Oh geeze," the woman breathed, her expression a study of shock and awe. Horror, too, colored her face just as thoroughly as the increased temperatures. At her side, even stalwart Riker whimpered, shifting his weight from paw to paw. Though he may be a familiar, and programmed to follow her into dangerous, deadly battle, his animal instincts told him to run. She understood.

As Lessa surveyed the carnage, she caught sight of another player. His red robe snapped angrily, not entirely unlike the flames that surrounded him. What is he doing out here? Had he, like herself, followed the signs to the fire? Was he simply a curious bystander? Or was there perhaps something more dastardly afoot, and he was responsible for the devastation? Don't jump to conclusions, she warned herself, but Lessa's hands clenched into fists at her side as she picked her way closer.

"Hey!" she finally cried out once she'd closed the distance between them. "Do you know anything about this fire?"

His weapon drawn with the flames casting heat into his face, it felt like being in an oven. He could hardly keep himself contained as the earth was becoming blackened and worthless with each passing second. Raidou was about to head forth alone, into the belly of the kiln before a voice at his back pulled his attention and causes him to pause his footfalls. Turning to face the source, a female with blonde hair with a canine in ebony pattern moving toward him. "Not a clue, but I aim to find out." Raidou remarks rather softly and straight forward, peering through the mirrored lenses on his face, eyes matching the color of his surroundings barely breaking the barrier in front of them.

"These fields are too important to let whatever the cause may be run unimpeded." he speaks to her in honesty once again not sure of her motives, but her presence spoke leagues at the kind of player she might have been. Most would have run, fled the land as it was consumed as the dog at her side was emulating as the wildlife had. It took courage to walk through the heat without fear of being burned. "So I would ask you the same, what makes you take steps into hell when most would have fled?"

Raidou | HP:1210/1210 | EN:114/118 | DMG:18 | MIT:99 | EVA:3 | ACC: 3 | BH:60 | VENGEFUL

• 3 weeks later...

The chaos surrounding them nearly stole the soft spoken man's words, and Lessa was forced to lean closer to hear him. Despite the stranger's seemingly gentle nature, the flames dancing in the lenses of his glasses appeared strangely sinister. It doesn't get much more anime than this, the Guardian mused. "I agree," she confirmed, shoving her mane of blonde hair back from her flushed face. Apparently, her survival skill did nothing against the fire lapping like waves at her feet. "The environment is really important. I saw all of the animals trying to escape the heat on my way over here." Genuine concern hardened Lessa's face as she added, "If their habitat is destroyed, I'm not really sure where they're meant to go."

Riker's high-pitched whimper drew her attention, and instinctively, the swordswoman placed her hand reassuringly on the mutt's head. The conflagration was drawing closer, and even her familiar was beginning to grow uneasy. "Curiosity," she stated quickly, striding a few steps away to put distance between herself and the blaze. "And concern for the animals. I know they're just bits of data, but I still can't justify letting them burn, you know?"

OOC full EN recovery, Relaxed

He would respond to their dismal surroundings with a word as his glance surveyed it all. "I couldn't agree more with the sentiment, but unlike the fauna, the flora cannot retreat the same. Every tree and stone could be clipped from potential without a word. The cardinal cares not for this for it needs none of it to sustain itself, but to the players, this is one less sword or shield." Raidou found himself a tad nervous as the blonde bent in closer, trying to maintain a brave front and not allow the nagging insecurity to rear its ugly head. Leaning back as she did without noticing he was doing so, taking a 45 degree angle with his upper half with a sharp cough he began to speak louder. "It's strange how most have come to hate this world, but have both a desire and a need to protect it all the same." The red wander comments, keeping himself in his obtuse produced position being unaware of it as Lessa takes steps away and he exhales sharply and fiddles with his frames.

Lessa nodded her agreement. "You're not wrong there," she assured him, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. She wanted so badly to wipe the sweat from her face, and were she not wearing heavy armor, she would just use the back of her hand. That sort of thing was difficult, given the hefty gauntlets she wore. Instead, she hooked her thumbs in her criss-crossed belts. "Honestly, I'm one of those people who hates this game. I'd give just about anything to get out of it. But at the same time, I can't stand by and watch this sort of thing happen, you know?" She gave a quick shrug, flashed a smile, and added, "I suppose it's like how I hate being rude to NPCs. I don't see them as lines of code, so-"

A sudden, thunderous crash cut Lessa off. Both she and Riker whipped around, peering into the dancing flames. Sparks flew high, dazzling like fireworks before falling again. The woman had seen the same reaction when tossing a piece of wood on an already burning fire. Was it just a tree finally succumbing, or was there more to it? "Wanna go check it out?"

Flipping the brightened yellow blade in his hand upright before he would proceed on taking a tow with her lead, his off hand ushers forward. "Then we share the feeling, I am doing everything I can to see anyone I can out of this hell. It won't come without effort, and idle hands beckon no results." Raidou comments shuffling his free hand in his satchel and passing a bottle of milk white fluid that was cold to the touch to Lessa. "It will help with the heat, courtesy of floor 4." with an outstretched hand as an offering, one was about to consume in his own right. Removing the cork from his own and drinking it to stave off the pressing fire, a pulse of an impact reverberated from the distance almost causing him to drop it. "Lead the way, my eyesight is keen but I would struggle to say its better than-" and with a pointed index he ushers to Riker, the hound at her side would be a suitable guide.

Though she eyed the vial dubiously, the woman downed her own potion once she watched him do the same. The odd sensation was difficult to describe, but she felt as if she somehow pushed back against the fire. In a way, she was fighting it's very influence over her. That's so bizarre.

When he motioned to Riker, Lessa nodded. "Understood." She dropped her gaze to the wolf, who lifted his head to gaze up at her. When their eyes met, hers deep blue, his warm amber, she swore he understood her. Sometimes, the game was just a bit uncanny. "You hear that?" she asked the familiar. "You're in the lead, but I'll be right behind you." Arm outstretched, Lessa shoved her finger in the direction of the crashing. Jesus, she thought, sudden unease blooming in her chest. I can hardly see my own hand in front of my face. But as Riker bounded toward the direction she pointed, Lessa had little time to dwell on the matter. Instead, she lunged after her companion, hoping that the other player dogged her heels. It was nearly impossible to see him, and amid the chaos, she struggled to sense his nearness. He'll just have to keep up.

"Hey," she called back, remembering something. "My name is Lessa, by the way. And that's Riker, up ahead."

Having watched the woman consumes the vial of her own, they would have about an hour before re-application would be needed. A direct consumable form of flame retardant would prove useful for they were headed into the thick of it, right into the kiln, and hopefully the source. Sharing an exchange Raidou watches her relay the command to her pup, who seemed to understand her meaning, and with a turn, he lunges through the overwhelming heat. Kneeling low sprint kicks in and the player clad in red begins to keep toe to toe with the speed of the hound, the pair were leaving the blonde behind. "Raidou." he quips as he burns a trail past her, allowing Riker the helm and keeping on the black and white wolves tail.

The fires only seemed to swell the deeper they delved, the wolf having little issue traversing the small bends and bows of broken burned out logs that had succumbed. They were probably once trees that were scorched sideways, the journey Raidou needed to take was more athletic. Bouncing up and over as Riker would rush under, Raidou would look back and act as the intermediary between her and her pooch.

• 4 weeks later...

Yikes, the guy was fast. He leaped forward with the explosive power of a horse freed from the racing gates, and matched her familiar stride for stride. "Okay, so we're doing this," she mumbled, then lunged after them. Despite her long strides and best efforts, Lessa was unable to catch up with them. In fact, the woman wondered if she had closed the gap at all, or if Raidou and Riker had actually extended their lead. By the time she reached R-squared, they had slowed to a halt. Fortunate for her, as she likely wouldn't have caught them otherwise.

"Hey, why'd we st- Oh." That was why they'd stopped. Even with the aid of Raidou's potion, Lessa swore the sweat dripping down her face was beginning to boil. Or was that her skin itself? "I feel like we're standing in the middle of a furnace," she called to him, the air steamy on her lips. "Whatever the cause of the fire, this has to be it."

• 3 weeks later...

It was then it was obvious, a burning heat that echoed with cracking and popping. The trees began to fold inward and fall, dropping into the soil with varied crashes in thunder destroying what was once a home. It was met with heavy thuds that rung as footsteps, sequenced in four to allow perceptions to deduce a structure. A beast in fur of fire in the image alone, but composed of rock and stone. "Our culprit is this, If I had to assume." Raidou looked down to Riker as it barred fangs, then back to Lessa.

It was rather strange that it was easier for him to speak to the hound. A fix of the lenses upon his nose, he'd take no chances with this elemental despite the floor it was on. Tact was his strong suit and brought him to no circumstance that would bring about harm. A red fog pooled from his back, joining the flames in a mixture of malice. As it turns out, Raidou was not to enthused about what this creature had wrought and it more than fueled his hatred.

The beast huffs and snorts, before it could find the source of the scent it was picking up its eyes gloss over in white. The fumes had played their part, robbing it of sight for all but the swordsman to which it held origin.

Raidou activates Focused Howl! -6 EN, +6 Hatred

Players:
(1-6) Raidou | HP:1210/1210 | EN:118/118 | DMG:18 | MIT:99 | EVA:3 | ACC: 3 | BH:60 | VENGEFUL
(7-12) Lessa | HP:1210/1210 | EN:112/112 | DMG:20 | MIT:126 | EVA:-1 | ACC:3 | BH:36 | THRNS:54 | HM:1 | REC:1

Boss:
(6,0) Byakko | HP:150/150 | DMG:60 | MIT:40 | PARTIAL PHASE (9-10)

Edited by Raidou
  • 1 month later...

Lessa pursed her lips, nodding in approval. Typically, she would be the one howling at the mob, and drawing its attention. After years of tanking for others, the concept that someone else might tank for her was... oddly satisfying. Nice, she mused. Now I have the opportunity to bring out the big guns.

The Guardian blasted past Raidou, cloak and hair flapping in tandem as she sized up the creature. Flame danced across it's entire body, and heat rolled off in eyebrow-singeing waves. But her companion's potion had done its job, and she felt only a mild awareness of the hotness. Instead, Lessa focused on squaring her shoulders, and hoisting her heavy blade in front of her. Boots thudded across the black, scarred landscape, scorched vegetation crumbling beneath her weight. Only a few paces from Byakko, the woman shifted her sword over her shoulder. Then, she let it drop with all of the force and precision of a lumberjack splitting wood. Her weapon, glowing brilliantly as she fed it power, slashed through the creature without resistance. Unable to stop her forward momentum, Arcturus slammed into the earth while pixels rained down around her.

Players:
(1-6) Raidou | HP:1210/1210 | EN:118/118 | DMG:18 | MIT:99 | EVA:3 | ACC: 3 | BH:60 | VENGEFUL
(7-12) Lessa | HP:1210/1210 | EN:99/112 | DMG:20 | MIT:126 | EVA:-1 | ACC:3 | BH:36 | THRNS:54 | HM:1 | REC:1
ID: 177924 BD: 4 + 3 = 7. HIT. Galaxy Destroyer activated. 20x13= 260-40= 220 DMG

Boss:
(6,1) Byakko | HP:150-220 = DEAD/150 | DMG:60 | MIT:40 | PARTIAL PHASE (9-10)

A second only in passing, hatred drawn a twisted amalgamation in kindling: the source. It twists and bends, Riker slinking past with a slide with barred teeth and a growl. Pivot on flank Raidou the same, it had simply failed to realize the blonde's presence. It opened like a clam shell, one heavy downward bisection had it flayed in two halves that scatter on the wind. Mix of blue amongst the orange, a glimmer on the ash. Gone but not forgotten, its hold upon this forest lingered on past its demise.

"Efficient." Raidou offered at an attempt at boasting her ability, removing a black book and drawing to its pages a location. One more chore, one more absolution. If he could not prevent it he could at least contain it. The scar she had left in the soil would serve a landmark, perhaps giving him direction once the place had taken regrowth. Now it was only a matter of when.

• 5 weeks later...

For a moment, Lessa merely stood there. The remains of the creature's fire crackled around her, though without a power source, it would likely die away soon. Raidou's single word seemed to shatter the statuesque stillness that the woman found herself trapped in. With a short, quick laugh, she nodded to him. "Yeah," she echoed, a smile stretching her flushed face. "Efficient."

Riker picked his way back to her, paws daintily prancing over the scorched earth. As if flipping a switch, the battle's end meant her ferocious familiar was back to a lazy, hormonal-teenager of a wolf. He gazed up at Lessa and Raidou with deep, soulful eyes. They seemed to say "if we're done here, can we go home and take a nap?" Lessa could hardly blame him for such a question - a nap sounded really good.

"That went a lot faster than I expected," she confessed. Wiping her palm across her pants to rid them of soot, she extended her hand to her companion. "It was a pleasure fighting by your side. If you're up for it, would you want to join us on the walk back?"

A kneel down to the charred earth, rubbing an extended index and thumb through it as his blade is sheathed away. The flickering flames of kindle and burns still producing an orange glow that cast light on one half, and shade the other of his face. To those that would look on, he would look almost sad as he peeled up some of the earth rubbing the black soot across the tips of his fingers.

"I will if you can give me a moment." Raidou responds to the woman as he looks to the now lax looking Riker, his attention shift and fixed to the soil beneath him. A skill trigger, a tinge of green dancing beneath the charcoal as he ushers them closer to the ground. Eager and wishing, wondering, and waiting. A single small growth in lime green pokes up, two small green leaves dangling from the stock. It wasn't much and it would be a difficult mountain to climb. How many triggers of gatherer would it take to replenish this place, how many times could he feasibly come here and destroy Byakko before it wreaked havoc.

These were the questions he did not know.

A slide of his feet as he rose, wiping the muck from his hands on his robe. Another scent for the pile, for the thing had the smell of many floors and flavors. "It was a pleasure working with you, Lessa." Raidou quips not wanting to seem rude, but his mind was ablaze with possibility and analytics of how difficult it could be. Once Lessa and Riker were clear, Raidou would take his weapon to a gambit. Removal of it and a slam of <<Tempest>> like thunder, cast sand away from the impact that covers and smothers the flames. The orange glow begins to fade, leaving them both in a darker surrounding. Hopefully, it would suffice, and the flames would die off.

The last look to the field for the day, to be back tomorrow.

"Of course," Lessa answered slowly, not entirely sure what it was that Raidou planned to do. The quest was completed, was it not? Was there more to it? But the man seemed agitated somehow, and strangely somber as he knelt to the ground, troubled the soil with his fingertips. Guess he just needs a minute. With a quick 'come here' flick of her finger, Lessa motioned for Riker to join her. Together, the pair picked their way through the still-burning brush. Once they were a short distance away, the blonde turned back, studied Raidou's actions. 

"It was a pleasure working with you, Lessa."

The finality in the statement caused the woman to pause, and when Raidou drew his blade again, her hand sprung to her own. At her side, Riker's hackles rose, a low rumble of warning emanating from him. Was their new acquaintance about to turn on them? That was a pretty shocking plot twist. But when his blade plunged into the earth, and a wave of dirt smothered the nearby flames, Lessa exhaled on a hard whoosh. "Aincrad is making me seriously paranoid," she muttered to Riker, before taking a few steps closer to Raidou. 

"That was a good idea," she commented, though part of her wondered if the flames would reappear with a quest reset.

"It might have been, or it might have been worthless and stupid." Raidou comments on the fickle nature of the world they were now trapped within, knowing full well that it would be a battle against impossible odds to regrow what was burned away here. He'd have to time the bosses spawn, hope that the place wasn't scripted to be on fire. The list of what if's stacked against him was as obvious as it was large. "But I have to try, I am a bit sentimental and skeptical of the status quo." he remarks with a clear emphasis on the phrase where it mattered, spinning auric sol in his clutches as it returns to its sheathe. The golden glow from the steel fades as it slides behind his right shoulder.

Letting her whisper be her own, detection allowing it audibility despite the range. It was rude to pry but he could not help but think You and me both...

A bit of mental math and estimation, an approximation of when they discovered the first edition of the flames. A mental clock reading back 6pm, as he ushers open his menu and sets the timer. It would take some research to get the time on the letter, and in the very same as his frequent deliveries to Charko would be the slaying of Byakko. Take back land that was not intended for the players to keep? Sounded quite like a plan if any.

"Shall we? I assume you're headed back on foot. Given what your output was, I would struggle to assume you have any issue on this floor." Raidou speaks to her favor and ability, his eyes peeled to the road as frequent pulses of sonar bleed from him as they do. A passive trigger of an activatable detection on repeat, never wishing to be caught off guard. He contemplates between giving another disk of delight to the hound, but such sweets would rot his gut in excess. He had a thing for animals, after all, they wouldn't judge him as harshly as people.

With a quick laugh, Lessa shook her head. "I'm hardly going to judge you for being sentimental," she countered, "even if only a bit so. I am a lot sentimental." The woman paused to scan their surroundings. Despite the beast's death, and Raidou's quick work dousing the flames, the forest still glowed red-orange with dying embers. The stink of scorched earth hung heavy in the air, and the lack of wildlife gave Lessa the creeps. But it couldn't stay this way, could it? "It'll bounce back," she stated plainly, clearly trying to persuade herself as well as her companion. "I mean, assuming the boss doesn't respawn here, I guess. Fires like this happen all the time, and the environment finds a way to overcome it." Slanting him a small smile, she added, "Nature's pretty amazing, even in a game like this."

At his second question, the woman couldn't help but laugh again. "Floor six?" she asked him. "Nah, this one isn't too much of a challenge. But I'm not nearly where I'd like to be, level-wise. I've got a long way to go before I catch up with my friends." Motioning to Raidou, she added, "I didn't get the chance to see much from you, but knowing my luck, even you're a higher level than I am."

Eyes peeled forward as insistent casts keep their surroundings clear of any that would wish ill against them from the shadows. Always cautious he was a man of methods, expecting an attack from anywhere. The ground begins to fold from black to softer brown, and with it a bit of softness under each step. A look off to the distant mountain ranges, a scan to a stump where he took a rest while the others worked. The Gemini's peak.

"I hope that it does, but it will be no issue if it doesn't. I'll force it to." Raidou comments rather honestly, the lingering notion of him tracking it down and killing it the moment it spawns still ripe in his head. It would be unclear if he was speaking to the forest itself, or the boss. It was perhaps a bit of both. It appeared that even the fact they were working back toward living foliage, the place was still barren of sound. It was like a vacuum, where only the soft crunch of variable leaves and sticks underfoot were heard. It had a way of making even Raidou feel on edge.

As they usher on, the city on the brink coming closer and closer to meet them. The lights had begun to take root in clattered together windows, nightfall was setting in, and as such the tribal NPC were beginning to prepare for it. "Levels, like age are just a number. What matters is what you do with it, what you chose to stand for in the end. Like any tool or weapon, it must be used properly. I could tell you what level I am, but it doesn't really matter in the end. Push on and push through, and before you know it you'll be standing eye to eye with them." The nomad offers his own experience on the matter, a constant drive like a dynamo forward it was what he lived on the daily.

"Everyone may not know what you've done for them today, and they will live as if nothing was done. But that's the beauty of it, when you do it well then it seems as if nothing has changed."

Quest Complete:
Lessa:

7*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Reward, 2 Mega Slime Farm)
400*Col (Thread Length)
(T1/Rare/Potion) <<Tiger Rage>> Damage 2
Raidou:
5*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Reward)
(T1/Rare/Potion) <<Tiger Rage>> Damage 2