[SP-F9] <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>> Phoenix Contract I

So it begins...

Knowing that his current state as no fit for a serious battle, Crozeph thought of an idea. An idea that could help a few players with their hiccups when it comes to their items or enhancements, quite possibly the quality. For all he knows, some might pay him a good price for the quests drops but that's a minor detail he'd rather forget. He's doing it for the players, not for himself. Should someone insist on giving him rewards, he'd just ask for that thing Mcdonald's has, a smile.

Now Floor 9 was not a good place to stay, hot and arid, soot, dusts, and swol men who are blacksmiths live in the settlement. It was a sight that gave Crozeph a thought on his body. He might be taller than his fiance but their build is quite similar. Should things get hot in their home then Crozeph will probably be fighting for domination.

Enough of that, let's get down to business...

Consumed: T2 Rare Udon Bowl [+2 ACC], T2 Rare Mochi [+2 LD]

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 44]
  | HP: 900/900 | EN: 88/88
  | ACC: 4(+2) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 48
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | BH: 17 | LD: 1(+2)

Total SP: 170
  Allocated: 168
  Remaining: 2

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble +1 EVA +1 Life-Mending
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 0
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158429
LD: 20(+3) I x1 quest material found [1/5]

There was little time to waste, it would be a good way to start the quest with haste so he can make it back home or do the quest again once the phoenix respawns. He pulled out a vanity pickaxe from his inventory and began hitting the rocks near the flowing magma. A tedious job but he was willing to go through the grind. It would be worth it if he could give the item to Yuki and get her items to match her set.

Rocks broke and shattered as Crozeph struck several of it jutting out of the ground and fortunately he managed to find one. He picked up the item and placed it inside his inventory. Now to look for another location where he can find it, just like that game made up of blocks. He squinted his eyes and began looking for a next place to look for his quest material.

Edited by Crozeph

ID:  158443
LD: 6(+3) no materials found

Several rocks crumbled at the might of Crozeph's pickaxe. A trusty item in times like these where he is required to gather materials for a quest. Now that he thinks about it, maybe he could make a  good fortune or a stable income if he was to grind these items and staple them on the player request board. The only problem Crozeph has now is that the number of rocks obliterated was quite high but no signs of materials, the place must be a bad site for mining.

The temperature was hot enough to be irritating but not enough to damage him "I should look for another place where I can gather much more faster" he thought before moving to the next area. Things should go faster with his current stats and hopefully find the phoenix again where he saw it last time.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158444
LD: 13(+3) x1 material found [2/5]

"True Silver Slash!" he yelled as he struck multiple rocks around him. So far the place was a good spot for finding another one but after a while, it seems that he can only find one in the place. Nevertheless, that didn't stop him from striking rocks with his pickaxe, some kind of stress relief. Crozeph wondered as he continued mining, will his life with Yuki be a good one? or will he bring suffering to her? not that he would intentionally do it but sometimes he can be a handful of a person.

He had a few people to invite to his wedding and as much as he wanted to, he could never have his father by his side. A bit sad but Baldur is there to help him out on that part and also on the cultural aspect of the wedding since they'll be following Yuki's culture and traditions.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158445
LD: 6(+3) no material found [2/5]

"Rasengan!" he yelled again before striking an eight feet boulder. The approach was cliche but Crozeph was bored and he wanted to make his materials gathering less boring. Should he succeed in getting another phoenix feather, he'll give it to Yuki "she might need it for a change of theme in her armor" he thought. Crozeph spun around and smashed a smaller boulder behind him which to his dismay revealed no materials. The heat was not bothering him anymore but at the same time, the abysmal drop rate of the materials was something else.

"I should raise my searching skill enough to make sure materials searching won't be a pain in the ass" he muttered before resuming his search again. For some reason the smashing of rocks and boulder is turning out to be a great way for him to practice his swing, might as well make it worth his time to do also.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158446
LD: 2(+3) no materials found

"Getsuga Tensho!" a wide swing smashed three spike-shaped rocks in front of Crozeph, he wasn't even sure why he's yelling these moves. Unfortunately, he didn't find any material for his quest. He sat down on one of the boulders and took out a water canister from his inventory, the hot temperature of the floor needs to be fought back with a refreshing drink of water. Crozeph wasn't getting tired but he feels frustrated as he fails to find materials.

"This is why I should invest in that searching skill" he muttered as he remained seated. "Once Shirogane gains enough level we'll go on a nature's treasure quest and gather stuff for her to set up shop" he was planning to be the performer but a change of plans happened in their last talk. Crozeph would remain a merchant for some identification reasons while Shirogane crafts the debuff crystals for him. Time to resume the material search and get back home.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158570
LD: 20(+3) material found [3/5]

No yelling of shounen protagonist moves this time, what a bummer. Crozeph was quietly chipping rocks away from a boulder that had patches of what seemed to be obsidian. Though he wouldn't assume much so he just did it quietly and soon after one of the materials that he's searching fell out. A good chunk so he felt satisfied by the finesse he had on doing it. Placing the material inside his inventory, Crozeph made sure he was getting things right "two more then I can find the phoenix to get its feather" he thought. 

It would be nice if he can just find the bird and look for materials after, or he could search for the phoenix again after making one nametag. The trails were hot enough now for Crozeph to stay standing still, he must continue and make it faster.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158580
LD: 19(+3) material found [4/5]

"Garden of Avalo..." he stopped and held the pickaxe back "...wait that's a buff skill"  then took a step back and raised his pickaxe again "Excalibur!" he yelled and struck the rock with the most pathetic force he could muster. Crozeph might be high-ranking on his katana skill but on other things? he average, hell he 's even average in katana. He always held himself back that's a fact and his overthinking habits are already causing problems for him to use his full potential and now he's looking for materials to use again.

Sure enough, the rock spewed out a material to which Crozeph was obliged to pick up. He got lucky by using Excalibur, or whatever the name of his pickaxe is. Now it's time to move on a different location and yell another move again.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158581
LD: 17(+3) materials found [5/5]

"Argeitlam!" yet another move he uttered before smashing a rock with a pickaxe. What a stroke of luck it was because another material popped out of the smashed rock and soon enough he realized that he has collected all the stones or materials. It was time to put the pickaxe away and secure his weapon and armor. A filthy light armor, oak-colored yukata, a gold bracelet, and a katana that looks so cold all it needs is a shoulder.

"Now where would a phoenix be in times like this," he thought. The faster he could finish a quest the better, he could even try to cook in Yuki's kitchen if he ever manages to get home early or if Yuki will let him even touch her cooking utensils. "There are no materials to be taken here that can pass up as food" it would be awesome if he found any but with the place's fauna? the chances of him getting a unique item is higher.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158735
BD: 6(+6) success I MD: 3(-1)
Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 - 50 MIt = 175 damage to phoenix

Crozeph: HP: 900/900 I EN: 68/80 (-12)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4(+2) I EVA: 1 I BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)
Phoenix: 265/440 (-175) I DMG: 132 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing an additional 50 damage and applying a Tier 2 Burn effect [24 DMG].

No one knows how it happened but the phoenix flew just above him and made a screeching sound as if it was an eagle screaming freedom. "Well there you are Jean Grey" Crozeph uttered with a disinterested look on his face. He unsheathed his katana and waited for it to swoop down and strike him. His calculation was correct this time and the phoenix indeed tried to make a swooping attack to him to which Crozeph countered with his San Ge.

Multiple attacks lacerated the body of Phoenix and left red marks on it. The HP was still high enough for the creature to survive a few more blows and if Crozeph misses his attacks. The first clash was in favor of Crozeph, now what will happen if it tries to attack him again.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158790
BD: 1 fail I MD: 9 critical

Crozeph: HP: 742/900 (-158) I EN: 66/80 (-2)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4(+2) I EVA: 1 I BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2) [BRN 1/2]
Phoenix: 265/440 I DMG: 132 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing an additional 50 damage and applying a Tier 2 Burn effect [24 DMG].

The Phoenix must've learned about Crozeph's advantage as long as he has even footing. A bit of a cheat if it does a move from above but this was about survival, the phoenix flew up and spread wide its wings showing its majestic flaming feather "nice" Crozeph uttered. A deadly move called Hellstorm was activated to which Crozeph can't counter considering that the Phoenix was pretty high. Flaming feathers fell into the area with such force while Crozeph raised his cloak to cover himself from it. 

Unfortunately, he wasn't as tanky as his girlfriend and the damage was quite high and to make things worse, a burning effect was even applied to the attack. Crozeph could see his HP moved considerably after the attack "now that's a phoenix-like movement" he thought.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158791
BD: 9 critical I MD: 3 fail
Crozeph dealt 15 + 1 crit x 15 San Ge = 240 - 50 MIT = 190 damage to Phoenix

Crozeph: HP: 735/900 (-24+17) I EN: 54/80 (-12)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4(+2) I EVA: 1 I BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2) [BRN 2/2]
Phoenix: 75/440 (-190) I DMG: 132 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2 [FRZ]

Confidence is a slow and insidious killer but its strike is swift. The moment Crozeph covered himself with his coat despite the damage, the Phoenix swooped down again. His blue eyes however was enough to see the attack and he rolled sideways to dodge it. Letting the Phoenix pass by him a few inches, Crozeph moved and attacked the Phoenix with Skadi and activated its freeze effect. Multiple slashes accompanied by fast freezing water trapped the Phoenix's wings and caused it to skid on the ground. 

"Now we're even," he said. It seems that the burn effect was still there while Phoenix was struck with his freeze, two elements shown and demonstrated, perhaps it was amusing to see.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158900
BD: 4(+6) success I MD: 6(-3) fail

ID: 158791
BD: 9 critical I MD: 3 fail
Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 - 50 MIT = 175 damage to Phoenix

Crozeph: HP: 752/900 (+17) I EN: 54/80 (-12)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4(+2) I EVA: 1 I BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2) [BRN 2/2]
Phoenix: 75/440 (-190) I DMG: 132 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2 [FRZ]

The ice shattered but it's freezing effect was still slowing it down. No time to waste, better get the Phoenix before it can flu up and unleash Hellstorm on him. Crozeph sprinted and moved his blade cutting at its wings multiple times and one vertical chop to its neck. All attacks landed accurately, satisfying his goal of never missing most of his attacks and never be haunted by Hidden's anger.

"Looks like what I wanted is here now" he looked at the polygons rising up after the Phoenix shattered and saw the item drop, the phoenix feather. Considering all the troubles he had to go through to get it, the rewards don't seem that bad. He picked up the phoenix feather and placed it inside his inventory, now he just needs to head back to the settlement and have a nametag crafted for him.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158925
LD: 15(+3) T1 material found

The place had several glowing rocks as if magma was flowing beneath it or trapped inside some rocks. It might be a good idea for Crozeph to mine a few before he decides to go back into the settlement. He pulled out his pickaxe and chose the first three boulders as high as his knees and struck them continuously. Shards of rocks scattered and noises emanated in the area as Crozeph struck one are accurately. There were sparks but he didn't pay attention to it, what matters is getting materials.

His work wasn't in vain, he managed to get one material before he could even finish smashing the second boulder. He lowered himself and picked it up "time to move on a different are" he told himself before he walked away.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158982
LD: 3(+3) no materials found

Luck must've run out this time because no matter how many rocks Crozeph would destroy, no material would appear. He sighed, maybe its time to do the other alternative for it, slay some mobs. It was effective, mobs are sure to drop materials after they are killed. He opened his inventory and placed the item inside, making sure he doesn't lose his pickaxe that he might need for anything that requires to be crushed by it. He watched as the lava continues to flow on a certain stream in the area, The place was enough to give a dragon or a phoenix the reason to stay inside.

His ears then began to pick up sounds "now what?" he muttered in annoyance. Three figures appeared in the shape of women but they were covered in flames. "Hell hath no fury like a woman..." he stood up and watched as they approached "these must the concubines of the phoenix," he thought, preparing himself should they inflict sick burn to him.

Edited by Crozeph
Spoiler

Crozeph: HP: 747/900 (-85) I EN: 79/88 (-9) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)

ID:159043 BD: 6(+4) success I MD: 10 Amatsu No Homura hit
Flame Maiden A HP: 320/440 (- I20)I DMG: 132

ID: 159404 BD: 7(+4) success I MD: 3(-1) Amatsu No Homura hit
Flame Maiden B HP: 320/440 (-120) I DMG: 132

ID: 159405 BD: 1(+3) fail I MD: 6(-1) Amatsu No Homura miss
Flame Maiden C HP: 440/440 I DMG: 132

Three figures of women with no faces yet set ablaze and wore long priestess gowns approached Crozeph and swung their spears at him. They also held weighing scales made out of fire and used it to put Crozeph at a disadvantage by trying to surround him as fast as they can. The lbue-eyes katana wielder however isn't a fan of flanking and as much as he can, he will counter it with his now precise attacks.

Two of the flame maidens where his with his AoE attack that came out of nowhere and slashed at their sides. The maidens only gave a mumbling sound and began to circle around him again. "I better be careful that I won't get burned by them" he thought as he raised Skadi to guard.

Edited by Crozeph
Spoiler

Crozeph: HP: 678/900 (-86+17) I EN: 74/88 (-9+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)

ID:159060 BD: 6(+4) success I MD: 6(-1) Amatsu No Homura hit I CD: 6 [Recovery] proc
Flame Maiden A HP: 180/440 (- I20)I DMG: 132

ID: 159061 BD: 1(+4) success I MD: 1(-1) Amatsu No Homura hit
Flame Maiden B HP: 320/440 I DMG: 132

ID: 159062 BD: 10(+4) fail I MD: 10(-1) Amatsu No Homura miss
Flame Maiden C HP: 304/440 (-136) I DMG: 132 [FRZ]

It pisses Crozeph off that one would be a fucker and escape his blade. Not that his aim was wrong but the mobs would be too annoying that Crozeph would also try to keep himself calm. The three flame maidens flew and tried to skewer him with their spears, Crozeph dodged that but got smacked by one of the weighing scale that the maidens held. A hard attack and it dealt considerable damage to Crozeph "got one-third of my health already" he thought as he kept his distance.

If it wasn't for his mystic code adding extra points of energy then he'd be toast, good thing it gives enough energy so that Crozeph can still use sword arts generously. Three enemies still alive, his health near to its fifty percent, what a terrible situation.

Edited by Crozeph
Spoiler

Crozeph: HP: 527/900 (-168+17) I EN: 67/88 (-7) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)

ID:159067 BD: 3(+4) success I MD: 7(-1) Amatsu No Homura hit
Flame Maiden A HP: 60/440 (- I20)I DMG: 132

ID: 159068 BD: 1(+4) fail I MD: 7(-1) Amatsu No Homura miss

ID: 159069 BD: 8(+4) fail I MD: 2(-1) Amatsu No Homura hit
Flame Maiden C HP: 184/440 (-120) I DMG: 132 

Burning, everything is burning, it seems that the maidens are indeed taking revenge to him for killing the phoenix. As he attacked them all at once, Crozeph could feel the tingle and see his Hp drop as one would flank and two deals damage to him. "Now I'm one half of my HP," he thought. A very dangerous situation but Crozeph thinks he can still manage it. The maidens were also low on health and if he managed to land another AoE at them then he can walk away safely from the fight.

"If they can all deal damage to me then I'm really dead, better come up with a new strategy," he thought as he began to move and try to think of something much better than trying to hit them all at once.

Edited by Crozeph
Spoiler

Crozeph: HP: 376/900 (-168+17) I EN: 67/88 (-7) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)

ID:159073 BD: X(+4) success I MD: 7(-1) 
Flame Maiden A HP: 60/440 (- I20)I DMG: 132

ID: 159074 BD: X(+4) fail I MD: 7(-1) 

ID: 159071 BD: 2(+4) fail I MD: 5(-1) San Ge hit
Flame Maiden C HP: 184/440 (-225) I DMG: 132 
ID: 159075 LD: 20(+3) I CD: 2 I 1,760 bonus col I 1,320 col I T1 perfect trinket I T1 perfect weapon

He only took a deep breath and waited, waited on the last second, and slashed many times on one target. Perhaps the maidens were expecting another AoE attack so they hesitated and the price was the death of a maiden. The remaining two began spinning their scales and slammed it on the ground causing fire to erupt to where Crozeph was standing. The flames reached him and dealt a good chunk of damage again.

"Troublesome, very troublesome," he said in a calm manner yet his mind was fixated on how is he going to do another attack that will end the life of another maiden. The two remaining flame maiden let out a wail as if a sister has died or maybe since the three look-alike it was indeed their sister.  Crozeph stood up and raised his katana to shoulder level, trying to keep his cool in this heated battle.

Edited by Crozeph
Spoiler

Crozeph: HP: 393/900 (+17) I EN: 48/88 (-12) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 BH: 17 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2 I LD: 1(+2)

ID:159076 BD: 5(+4) success I MD: 1(-1) San Ge Hit
Flame Maiden A HP: 60/440 (- 225)I DMG: 132 
ID: 159317 LD: 13 (+3) I CD: 4 I 1,320 col I 880 bonus col I x2 T1 materials I T1 rare weapon I T1 rare consumable

ID: 159077 BD: X(+4)l I MD: 6(-1) fail

Rash, without a plan, reckless, that's the situation of the mobs now. Perhaps they were programmed to be emotional when one of the three dies. Crozeph kept his distance while the swung their spears and scales with anger. "One opening from their attacks is all it takes" he continued to dodge and was almost hit by a spear but luckily one began to raise her spear too high and Crozeph took the chance.

Cuts to the arms and her side landed so fast the maiden flinched and before she could react, Crozeph already sliced her in half. This killing blow infuriated the last flame maiden more "now we're even on the playing field" he uttered before assuming stance to defend. One down and Crozeph needed only to be careful of their its attacks so as to keep his health from reaching the red area "yeah this felt dangerous but somehow I can survive if I hit this one twice."

Edited by Crozeph