[F1-PP] Second Chance!!

Eruda looks in her mirror in her closet-size bathroom struggling to focus on anything but Raidou. Things had finally calmed ever so slightly, Raidou and her had talked about having dinner once more. The last time was so very long ago and that was a time to be reckoned with. She ran from her feelings that day and after coming back, nothing of what she felt for him changed. It only got stronger these past few months that they have been working together. Helping Raidou with the guild and the new additions made things only get busy. Eruda was surprised that he finally was able to give the time that they deserved after working so hard. Haine told Eruda the other day that even though this world right now is hell, they need to find the balance to make it worth being here. Eruda needed to learn to enjoy what they have and work with what they are given. 

All of this was racing through her mind while she was looking at her reflection. Taking a deep slow breath, she was weirded out by the fact that she felt nervous about this date even though she has spent practically everyday working side by side next to Raidou. Why was this time any different? They were alone all those other time so why would the thought of being alone with him this time make her feel so freaked out. She has been wanting this for so long so why was she so nervous..."UGH" she says as she opens her HUD and sends a message to Raidou saying:

That dinner we talked about...I will be at the Restaurant where our first date had taken place...7 PM tonight...

Eruda

Eruda had nothing super nice to wear so just puts on something formal, her blue tank top and jacket with dark blue jeans. Looking at the clock on her HUD it was only 6 PM... Eruda spends a little bit of time trying to get a hold of her nerves before leaving her shop knowing that it wouldn't take very long for her to get to the place.

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 52
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)
Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

He was extremely uncomfortable taking a seat with a player at his side, adorned in a pleasant looking formal attire. Raidou was dressed the same he always was simply to keep his composure, which he was struggling to keep a handle on. The dining area was rounded tables set for two, white covers under yellow candlelight with white china and silvered utensils. The nomad didn't belong here, eyes upon his back affirmed this further and if he was still a weaker man he would flee.

I cannot let this control me...

His chest ablaze he follows the waiter to a seat set for two, his heart on his sleeve he takes it and fiddles with his glasses in defense. Fighting through his own inhibitions he waits as he had promised all those years ago, for this battle was harder for him than a dozen hostiles on the battlefield. Outside of his perceptions, a female sat a few tables away in long black locks. "Well, what are you doing here, Boy in red?" muttered to which Raidou could not hear.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte (Defense mechanism go!)

Raidou | HP:1230/1230 | EN:115/120 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BH:61| VENGEFUL

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 60
HP: 1230/1230
EN: 120/120

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:61

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*3
Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempts per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Finally, Eruda manages to calm herself down enough to leave her shop. This would make or break if Eruda and Raidou could handle being more than friends. Walking out of her shop and toward the town, she watches as people walk by her quickly. Looking at the time it was almost 7. Taking a deep breath she walks around the corner as her eyes meet the building that she didn't go back to after that day. Walking in the doors, Eruda sees that it was sorta busy... Glancing around she seems some that looked like Simmone but didn't actually comprehend that it might be her. See Raidou sitting at a two-seated table, he looked okay for now from what she could tell. Eruda was nervous still and she couldn't tell if it was the large crowd around them or this date. This brought back a lot of memories but she really wanted this to work. Walking to the seat across from him in one swift movement and looks around them seeing some people staring at Raidou and her. Giving a half-smile she says "Let's not worry about them. They are not what matters right now. If they want to start something, we will give them a run for there money but until then..." her face turns red just a bit. Given how busy it was the waiter has not yet come forth. "So how was your day?" saying trying to make small talk before getting into the deeper conversations.

Edited by Eruda

The nomad was extremely uncomfortable and as a result, he was hypersensitive to the environment. Each shuffling of dishes of a fork that scraps on the white platters were excruciatingly loud, he was drowning in the chatter of conversation around him reminding him of a time he had wished to forget. The demon was still there, albeit dormant and Raidou was compartmentalizing it well. Juiblex could sense his discomfort as his heart rate rises, beginning to swell before Raidou pats his chest and with a mutter "I'll be fine." convincing his symbiote that he was not in any danger. Eventually, Eruda arrives and takes her seat, "Surprised I still knew where this was after all this time. I honestly cannot believe I am here right now." he remarked in honesty, unsure how to proceed at the moment or how to continue the conversation at all. He maintained his cooled outward appearance, but he inside he was keeping his fighting spirit from leaking out.

Eruda looks around and finds it more crowed than before. Maybe it was because people were becoming more comfortable in the Town of Beginnings. Either way, every other table from what she could tell was full of people chatting and eating. She could hear people next to them chewing their food. The clashing of dishes against each other...Eruda's focus was everywhere but where it should have been. The waiter appeared in front of them, Eruda wasn't sure how long she was in her head but jumped a bit in her chair as she saw the waiting. "Sorry for the wait, what can I get for you and your date?" The waiter offered her assistance now and Eruda just says "Can we get this order to go?" The waiter just stares at her for a moment like she had to think about what she was going to say before actually saying it "It rare but yes we can bundle your meals into something for you to take with you. What would you like to order?" A small sigh of relief comes from Eruda as she says "A Chef Salad...and a few honey rolls...with Iced tea..." Both the waiter and Eruda look to Raidou as they wait for him to say his order. 

The waitress turns and looks to Raidou, expectantly of what he would like. "Miso soup, a couple of sections of sukiyaki. Some green tea mochi. If you would." Raidou places his orders unsure if they could fill them. They had to outsource what he had ordered given it was not a part of their standard menu. But they begin to make what they were asked, leaving Eruda and Raidou to wait for them to complete it. "I never thought I'd see either of you in such a place. And together well, that is rather interesting." Simmone asks them both as she approaches, her curiosity threatening to burst at the seams, her black locks flowing off her shoulders in a rather elegant looking black dress. Having been found out Raidou takes his glasses and presses them up to his nose, an effort to distract himself from what was happening around him with a cough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing Simmone loud a clear beyond the chatter, her voice stands out. Glancing toward her with small smile not sure what to say...but knowing that they have been made. Eruda didn't want her feelings to be more awkward given the fact that she was already fighting through being in this sort of environment. She has gotten better at talking to others in a more formal voice but she realized that the large crowd was still a bit too much for her to handle. Her face turns a bit red because Eruda had not a clue how to respond to such a comment. She decides to let it play out and have Simmone think what she wanted about the situation. She knew what she wanted this to be but not sure how it was going to end up. Instead, Eruda says "You look very nice tonight Simmone."

In the background, Eruda hears some music that seemed very calming. Figuring if they were going to go somewhere else to continue this date, she wanted to run to the bathroom to freshen up and think of a place they could go on floor one to lighten the mood a bit...or at least her mood, hoping that this would get less awkward continuing forward. She decides to take advantage of the time as they wait for the meal "I'll be back, I am running to the restroom. Simmone It's nice to see you again," Eruda says getting from her seat with a small bow toward her. Looking to Raidou with a smile saying "I won't be long." Eruda walks to the bathroom to freshen up and to think of places she knows on floor one with a romantic setting.

• 4 months later...

A moment between them now isolated, Raidou was a bit taken back by the notion. Simmone was a bit...problematic, he did what he could to avoid being left alone with the woman. "This isn't quite your ideal affair." Simmone remarks to the swordsman still clung in red. An exchange of honesty back to her the same "No it isn't, I can feel their eyes on me." A soft chuckle from the lotus causes his attention to pique to her. "What did you expect, your quite literally the most adorned person in the room wearing all that armor." 

The thought eluded him that perhaps his current inability to relax was the very reason why he couldn't. This armor was here to protect him and Eruda but all it did was draw unneeded attention. "If I could boy in red, perhaps you learn to relax...if only but a moment. Come let me show you..." she comments running a finger across his shoulders, to which he shakes to pop her loose. "Fine, let's see what you've got to teach." Raidou remarks with a complacent look upon his brow.

Ripping his robe from his shoulders, his heart cast away and without it, he felt...exposed. The soft clatter of heels as Simmone leaves with an eye over her shoulder "Come now, I won't bite." ushering at her behest, a burning flame in his chest riddled with insecurity at his lack of defenses. What he was so afraid of was unapparent, but this place this ode to complacency caused him to stir. Placing her hand softly on his right shoulder "Now I will lead..." she mutters out to him, but a hand placed to her hip with a response "No, I will play my part."

Clasping her left in his own, to the rhythm of string instruments playing a soft tone. Their feet sway and play upon a floor in yellow. Simmone is utterly confused, as Raidou begins to waltz. A way that she was not aware, the very way he fought a representation of his own past and how veiled it was. It was precise, meticulous, and practiced. A mind who could not forget how things were meant to be.

BelatedDigitalBeetle-size_restricted.gif

The bathroom was familiar but she, as she thought back last time she was here, was the last time she ran. Everything was different now, she looks into the mirror. She smiles and thinks about how far both Raidou and her have come before this day. It has been a journey worth taking to end up here now. She still didn't like being in huge groups but be that as it may, she was here with Raidou regardless. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly she runs the sink water and brushes her cheeks with the coolness of it. Drying her face she glances to the door with a smile. Hearing the music go on, she walks through the door and glances toward their table. Raidou wasn't there...a few more glances around she sees him with Simmone...Waltzing??? He can dance. She watches them move together, the same movement that she has seen time and time again in combat. Precise movement, exact steps to each coral of motion in the music. Wow, he's good...She thought to herself with a smile as she watched them dance. Eruda takes a soft breath as she was only in the bathroom for 10 minutes. She wanted to take Simmone's place even though she didn't know how to dance. She watched their feet for a few minutes before the song came to an end and another started up.

Eruda noticed something though, he didn't have his robe on... Nothing else mattered in her mind right now and she knew that she wanted to take this moment now and make memories and even though it was hard to press what she felt out, she wanted to take a page out of Freya's and Gaius book and go with the flow. Walking with soft steps to the table, her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest but their food wasn't there yet. She stood strong as she watches them waltz around the dance floor in awe with a smile on her face. Would Raidou ask her to dance, she wanted to but she was not going to push anything.

The music ends, falling to silence and releasing the woman's hand and side. Simmone was still stricken with stupidity, a bit flustered. The flame of insecurity had found rest if only for but a moment for Raidou, the distraction proving useful. "Thank you, but that is all the time I have to spend. I must get back." He takes to the table where Eruda had returned, a soft and plain expression. A flare of red in a manifestation of his robe, and with it his comfort returns albeit to some extent.

"I cannot do this Eruda."

Raidou offers in reluctance, a tussle of his glasses on his brow. Beneath it all, he only wished to offer her the same exchange, but he could not do that to her. He would need to stop and distance himself from this. The waiter returns with their meal, Raidou drops a bag of coins into the NPC's palm, and with a wave of his hand, it's added to his inventory.

"I'm sorry."

and with a pivot of his heel he leaves Eruda standing next to a round table covered in white fabric, Simmone flabbergasted on the dance floor. A moment of pause with Raidou now gone, Simmone makes her way to Eruda. She speaks to the girls back "We'll that was more than I bargained for, I must say. He really needs to learn to enjoy himself before he is squished under all that responsibility."

Before Eruda could say anything at all, Raidou walks to the table after the music falls silent and leaves with no explanation. Hearing a few words from Simmone from behind her, Eruda tries so hard not to let her feeling show but it was too late...Biting her bottom lip softly as she feels a tear fall down her face. Sitting in her chair now she pushes the Salad to the middle of the table. Leaning against her elbows on the table she feels like her chest just split in two. With a small sniffle, she says in a small voice, "I tried once and I ran, I tried again years later and he told me in few words to wait. I waited for months and we had what I thought was a moment between us, and he said he was ready to try. Here, we are now and he was the one to walk away this time..." Wiping her tears with a sniffle as she takes a sip of her warm tea trying to calm herself. "Simmone what am I doing wrong..." she looks to Simmone with sad eyes...

A single response from Simmone as she began to walk away "Oh dear, I don't think it's you at all. I don't think he is ready. For some odd reason, the boy seems hellbent on something. Keep trying and don't lose faith. Else you'll lose him to someone else..." She shields her face from Eruda carefully, hiding the flush red on it. "Don't give in and keep trying." The black lotus offers this one final form of encouragement before she retires, this small affair had left her drained and she needed somewhere quiet to think herself. A new well of emotions she had hardly had the time to process, a memory of her Venomous warg ripe in her head.

Time skip 2 months.

A simple book in his hands written by an author trapped within this game and attempting to make ends meet. He had found his interests after a short exchange with Freyd, and although the principles and flow of the story were mundane it was what Aincrad had to offer given its exclusion. The Ebon Star in its scabbard at his side, a faint breeze on the wind with his back pressed against the very tree where he had met Gaius. Serenity and calm, a respite from a long journey.

Eruda in her shop, looking through her own notes that she had taken off of the papers in the guildhall. Glancing over a list of quests that she chose. On the paper, all but 2 of 10 crossed off. After what happened months ago with Raidou she had spoken only but a few words to him since then. Eruda decided after that day to build her own resources and level up on her own terms not wanting the others to hold her back. She gave help when it was needed to the guild members but for the most part, she focused on herself. Eruda had placed her feeling for Raidou on hold, not entirely sure what to do at this point so she did what she knew how to do...Fight...

Raserei rubs against her leg with a small coo. Eruda looks down with a chuckle and says "I am almost done, I promise. We will go and train some more out in the fields in a moment." After a few more minutes of note-taking, scribbles, and stars, she places the pile of papers together now as she gathers her things and heads toward the door. "Let's go Raserei," as her wolf now a bit bigger runs out the doors. The wolf stops right outside the doorway for a moment before growling and darting quickly into the fields. "Dam it Raserei," Eruda says closing and locking her door and running after her familiar. In the distance she sees Raserei stale wart growling at a figure sitting against a tree.

The book bows inward as a wet nose pushes against its folds, a sharp huff, and puff. "Well then..." It breathes heavy and as he reaches for his robe pocket it leaps back defensively. "Nothing crazy..." Raidou offers softly to the creature that was swelling in confusion. A small tab of white, a disk of orange citrus. A failed pheromone but a small treat for creatures such as these. An extension of his hand brings Raserei in for a moment, who laps it up with an audible crunch following it. Black fur, blue embossed, and heat. Not native to this floor to be sure, which brought it being owned by someone. It curls up beside him, and with one more lozenge offered it licks away at the candy. Raidou continues to read, with a new companion holding at his side in a ball. Its owner would seek it out, until then the most he could do is keep it out of mischief.

Not recognizing the figure in the distance as she see Raserei curl into a ball next to the figure. Confused a bit but relieved none the less that they didn't attack her on-site. Taking a deep breath she walks fast toward them and realized now, the figure was Raidou... -Great...just what I need right now-... Taking a deep breath knowing that she hasn't seen Raidou for months now, she sits next to her wolf not looking directly at Raidou..."Thank you for not killing her... she just growled and ran out of my shop..." Petting Raserei's head she sighs a bit. Biting her bottom lip now not sure what to say to Raidou, she says the obvious "How have you been..." she was trying so hard not to make this awkward but she felt herself scoot back away from Raidou still sitting as she looks up to Raidou...He's reading, "God I'm sorry, I'll be on way...Come Raserei." Eruda gets to her feet and she could feel herself getting tense now. Raserei gives Eruda a glance and a growl now... "Dam it..." she says turning away from Raidou remember the last time they were together trying to hide her feeling now from him...

Folding the book up and once it does it dematerializes, added back to his inventory. "It sucks, your not quite interrupting anything." A lift of the familiar to its feet as Raidou lifts his dormant hand, using another disk to get the familiar to move toward Eruda. "I've been well, however my stats no longer increase anymore." Raidou offered her plainly. Pressing his head against to tree to give him grounds to speak, for what was attempting to be spoken was not easy.

Raidou activates Justified Riposte

A lens flare as he corrects his glasses on his face, a knot in his throat that he was struggling to come to terms with. "Eruda, don't leave just yet. I've got something I would like to share with you." a wave of his hand pulls a small carafe of china out, and peeling his robe from his back it's laid flat before him. A tap of his hands upon the surface he scoots ontop of his heart, it ever offering him comfort.

Eruda turns her head hesitantly, he says his stats no longer increase. Did that mean he was max level now? Wow...Still not sure if she even sure wanted to sit down, how was this even going to work. Was it going to end like the last few times? Eruda walks slowly to the laid out robe now. She has gotten higher in her levels as well but nowhere near max. Raidou had something to share with her...That could mean many things coming from him. She didn't want to take it how she was hoping as she didn't want to unlock her heart again. She had only ever had feelings for him and she hated how she felt after that day. It was worse than when she left the first time. Kneeling down she couldn't find any words to say. Not looking directly at Raidou, she glances to Raserei who has curled into a ball again. Taking a deep breath she waits to hear what he had to say to her after all this time.  

With a deep breath, he could feel the tension between them. It was difficult to break down the barriers he had peeled up to defend others from himself. Those attachments that he was attempting to keep from forming. For a man that was going to die, he wished not the heartache they would feel when he passed. Without a word, he removes the glasses from his face, and a twist of them he grabs them by the nose. Placing them upon her face, from his own brow to hers there was something to say.

Justified Riposte Fades

Swallowing the possibilities and whatever may be brought forth by them. "Flames that kindle my heels, do scorch me no longer. A gravesite unearthed and buried with no corpse. Eruda I would ask of you, what do you see by looking through my eyes?" He spoke with his glasses missing on her face.

She was taken back a moment when Raidou places his frames on her face. Confused a bit by the question she looks to Raidou saying "I see everything the same, including you, good and the bad. These frames are just a mirrored glass. Why do you wear them?" She says as she takes to glasses into her hands now. She has always know that Raidou had a reason for everything. A way of doing things to the exact. There was a reason that he was wearing these and she wanted to know why. She wasn't sure if this question was a test or not but she said the first thing that came to her mind. Her brain was rattled around the question but couldn't form another answer that made sense to her. Taking a deep breath she relaxes a bit as Raserei rubs her head against Eruda's leg. Patting her head she looks to Raidou still very confused.

Another soft inhale and exhale to steady himself, drawing his nerves to settle. "Through those lenses, I see this world while remembering ours. In my far-reaching gaze I saw every road I walked. I saw multiple faces and enemies many. I moved forward with steps that never slowed, and here at the end I look back and what do I see?"

He leans forward and plucks them from her nose and fiddles with them "Insanity, doing the same thing and expecting a different result. The strength I gained was not my own and satisfied with nothing I did not notice I had. In these glasses, I see my own reflection, and how much of a fool I've been." Dropping off to the side upon the robe that had carried him through every element weaved by a girl with blonde hair what felt like eons ago. "This robe did more for me than every step I took in seclusion, my strength is with Firm Anima. My strength is you Eruda."

A harsh swallow, he leans forward just a bit more and speaks softly "Hate me or don't It's about time I tried something different if I want to truly do this right. No thinking about it before, Allow me the right to be selfish just this once." spoken as he presses his lips to hers.

a51070cb0b1c9a25a4ab8a955fd9b502.jpg

Thread Complete:
Raidou:
2*SP (Event Bonus 1, Thread Closure 1)
Eruda:
2*SP (Event Bonus 1, Thread Closure 1)
Simmone:
400*Col (400 Thread Closure)