[PP|FL6] Training your Friend

His face was red and feeling in an exuberant state. He raised his hand looking up at Haine and touching the cub. He was on one knee and he thought about that day. The day he asked her about the ring. These days in the game complied to one strange rollercoaster of emotions. Finally, he knew it." I love you." He stared at her. He knew the words left him and it felt right. He stood up and picked up the cub to set him in front of a dummy. "Good luck cubbo"

He looked at her once more and smiled softly. It seemed like he just stopped being the kid he was. " I love you alot. Thanks for being here for me, Haine." His demeanor remained composed as he stepped away. He had to find her a ring sooner than later. But only after this. Maybe Raidou or someone in the guild would assist  him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you was just three words, but in that moment, it felt like everything, like the last piece of a puzzle clicked into place. She clutched the cub tighter, her eyes softening in adoration. Days upon weeks rolled by and blended into an inescribable range, and in that time they were only growing closer. Awkward silences became ones of comfort, and having lived together for a while now, there were little quirks to pick up about the other. Time ceased as she enveloped herself in his gaze, her heart racing a mile per second. All of it felt natural. Her lips curled into a giddy smile, not even noticing he'd grabbed the cub from her.

"I... I love you more," she replied, her cheeks tinted pink. "Thanks for being the best boyfriend in the world." Her eyes closed shut as she smiled. The moment between them was cut short as the cub waited in front of the dummy. Pingu, enthusiastic as ever, was beating the hell out of it. Miska tried, however his swings were simply too light. He didn't get stuck in the tunnel this time, but he was frozen inside, afraid of the dark yet again.

ID: #159024

BD: 1 [ FAIL ]

Edited by Haine

All the man could do was cook. Anything else, he was mediocre at in his eyes so when she started talking about how wonderful he was, he started to cut strawberries. So what if this was a fantasy land? So what if they might be stuck here? He was with her. A couple more cuts of the strawberry and he fed the cub a piece. “I might be a strong man… but I have a stronger woman behind me supporting me.” He glanced up at Haine as he was bent down. “So… girlfriend. What are your thoughts about making it more between us?”

He was not shy. He was as serious as a heart attack at the moment as he awaited for her answer. Negotiations were always up his ally which was another tactic that his father taught him. He had found a stone. A strange stone that he was going to get shaped and fitted. He slowly placed the pink stone on the counter. It had a strange rough shape to it but none the less it was beautiful in this state.

There were many things about him which she came to love. He was competitive and bold, yet sane enough to stay grounded. His practicality balanced out her erratic disposition, he kept her in check. He was compassionate and matched her energy in reciprocating affection. Her craziness broke the ice, there was seldom a dull moment so far. They had much room to grow and understand about each other, but so far, she could see no flaws in their dynamic. She would have him for as long as he'd have her. 

Her eyes widened in realization, puzzle pieces clicking together and gears spinning in her head. The rough pink stone sat on the counter. It was dull and unrefined, but its true form was a brilliant crystal. Overcome by emotion, she swallowed thickly. Her hands clasped together in front of her face. Haine was an extrovert, suited for quips and a fast thinker in social situations. Whenever she was with him, however, she took upon a different dynamic she still had yet to grasp. It was untraversed ground. The butterflies, figuring it out together with him, it was all a welcome challenge.

She reached for the cool stone on the counter, examining it. A soft smile graced her lips. He'd remembered her favorite color, baby pink. She set the stone back on the counter and paused for a moment, slow to process her emotions. Unceremoniously, she all but tackles him into an embrace, knocking him against the kitchen counter. "Um, um-" She moves in, soft pools of honey meeting his. She pressed her lips against his. Unable to conjure the words, she filled the silence, which in itself spoke many words. Soft finger tips draped around his shoulders, she was struggling to match his height as he dwarfed her in comparison.

After a moment she pulled away, blinking her watery eyes. Gah, why was she tearing up anyways? Embarrassing. She put some distance between them and twiddled her thumbs, thinking up a way to convey her emotion. "I see a future with you, Kil." She willed away the jitters, bringing her hands to her sides. "I love you a lot, I really do." She could not stave off the cheesiness in her smile. "And if you'll have me, I'll be by your side for as long as you wish." She slid her fingertips between his and raised their hands, palms pressed against his. "Think you can manage it?" She giggled.

The play back in his head of her reaction versus the fake reality in his head was non comparable. The fact that she was here with the resonating heart that responded to his own left him with a silent yet stunned reaction. The kiss of a thousand words pressed against his as he felt the world beginning to spin in such a force he was unable to comprehend what had just happened. Did she agree? Did she say she’d spend all her life? Was this how it felt to ask someone to marry him? He felt the compilation of emotions before he tilted his head looking down at her.

The eyes that looked back at him were the same eyes that he saw at age 11. The eyes of the misfit girl who saved him. The one who managed to make him stand up for himself, the one who made him fight harder in life just to see her again, the one who was with here with him the entire time, the one who backed him up all those years ago, was right here. Words eluded him and so he stood there being only to stay one thing. “Forever.”

She hummed, enjoying the moment of pleasant silence that transpired. She pulled away then, to pop a few pieces of sliced strawberry in her mouth. Her eyes widened at the nectar-like goodness of it. "This is so sweet! Goodness, don't mind if I dooo." She grabbed the whole bowl and stepped out into the patio. The familiars laid on the grass, passed out beside one another. It was an adorable sight to behold, with the penguin flopped on his belly, the heavy cub resting on top. Could the bird even breathe? She had to peer to see if she was breathing. Haine settled into the open chair on the patio, bowl of berries in her lap. She pulled the chair next to her for her love to sit. 

She popped a few berries in her mouth and fixed her attention on the duo."I'm so glad they're finally getting along..." She fished a few berries out and held them up to his mouth. "There's still some rivalry, but back then, Pingu was vicious. I think she has a soft spot for lil bud." She knew she did, why else would she let a heavy, oversized bear cub crush her?

He laughed as she walked off with the strawberries in tow. The one thing about Haine he adored was that she could be loving one moment and the next moment she was out doing things recovering from those loving moments.  He followed suit and grabbed a couple glasses of nectar water that had a light sweet berry taste to it. The statement she made about how the two were getting along was more like a rivalry. It was not between bitter enemies but it helped foster the cub into fighting shape. He looked over at her and nodded. “As long as they help each other and support each other, I don’t mind”

He looked at the two and the penguin was cheering for the cub on. Or perhaps it was screeching. Whatever. The penguin was pointing to strike the dummy from its left side since the other side was already torn. She wanted to teach her to strike at every place. ” Come on cubbo. We believe in you!”

The cacophony from across the field alerted her. It was a heartwarming sight watching the two bond, slowly yet surely. The bird had taken over the reigns, unbeknownst to the bluenette. The creature pointed at the shredded dummy's unscathed half as the cub fixated on it. He was clumsy with his movements, watching the penguin demonstrate the proper movements. They were both rusty, granted it was their first day in combat, but she was proud of them for their perseverance.

After a few failed attempts and cheering from all ends, the cub let out a reverbating roar. It was mighty like that of a full grown bear, it was a wonder how such power could emit from such a tiny vessel. With one final strike, the wooden pole hoisting the dummy snapped in half. The target fell over, a patheticly unrecognizable mass on the grass. The cub, having expended enough energy, flopped over.

It was a job well done.

ID: #159106

CD: 12 [ SUCCESS 3/3 ]

THREAD COMPLETE

Kiluia - 5 SP (1 QUEST, 2 PAGES, 1 BONUS, 1 YUI'S GRACE) + 400 COL

Haine - 4 SP (1 QUEST, 2 PAGES, 1 BONUS) + 400 COL

Edited by Haine