[PP| FL5] Blood in the Sand

Another quest in the sands. It was always hot in the sands. This time the adventurer played it smart and waited until the sun went down to engage in this quest. Haine and him had dinner in the town and played the patience game when it came to waiting for the right time for the dynamic duo to set forth on their adventure. He had ordered what seemed to be a steak of sorts. His eyes peered at the food wondering what animal it was made of. His hand looked for the information on the food before him and it was indeed made of beef. The allure of it being made of something else disappeared as he began to cut into his food.

After the first bite, he looked over at Haine. “I have never been here but the food is actually pretty good.” He noted taking a sip of his ice water. He did not want to be dehydrated when they were out in the sands. He would spare no chance as he did also order several bottles of cold water to keep on him as they would be traversing loose and dangerous terrain. “How is your food love?” He asked before sliding a piece of meat to the cub and fruit to the penguin. The night sky began to illuminate with the moon rising. The penguin sat in the shaded light enjoying her piece of bread munching away. The cooler air began to spread inside their little cafe and he was right to wait. There was a huge difference in temperature now. @Haine

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 28
HP: 560/560
EN: 56/56

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 23
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T1/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 3
Armor: Rose Prism (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 4]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Yui's Grace +1 to SP 4/7 Remaining

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

They'd decided to set off at night for the desert quest, after a while of thought. Arriving at the floor, she noticed a drastic difference in weather than the last time they did their quest in the sand. Why didn't she think of this earlier? There was something magical about the dessert town at night. Little lights lined the streets, colorful ones. She spotted an interesting tavern, which did not go unnoticed from the other. He took the famished girl inside, and there, they decided to dine it out. It would be quite some time till they could fight the sand shark anyways.

The vibe of the restaurant was an interesting one, a hybrid between casual and upscale. Her mouth watered at the aroma around, the smell of applewood pervading her senses. After a while of thought, she settled with a teriyaki rice bowl. Once it arrived, she all but forgot to say thanks. "Well don't mind if I do!" She eagerly reached for her chopsticks, shoveling a mouthful of food. "Mmm!" Her lack of words and a full mouth of rice spoke for her reply. She set the bowl down and clasped her hands together. "Here, try some of mine." She scooped up a piece of the chicken and rice, holding the chopstick to Kiluia's mouth. Pingu and Miska chowed down on their supper, a handful of fish.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 49
HP: 1,000
EN: 98

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

Seeing a person who could keep up with him with food was amazing. He was nothing short of being the happiest man in the world. Her ecstatic behavior only proved to him that she would be the only person for him. A memory popped up inside his head while they were eating. If she is the one, don’t let her be. His mother’s voice rang in his head. The memory was interrupted when chopsticks were near his mouth. He blinked several times before a rosy flush expression covered his cheeks. He hadn’t been fed before by anyone but for her to do this…

He accepted the bite and placed a few pieces of this steak on her plate in return. He scooped up some flavorful fruits and placed the fork near her mouth. “It’s a rare fruit according to the description.” He smiled a bit. His steak was already done, and the familiars were playing tug o war with the last piece of bread.

He looked at her and spoke softly. “So… I want to give you a ring. But...I'm not exactly sure how to really give it to you." He looked at her. 

"Mmm, is it good?" She propped her chin on her palm, searching his gaze. In simple moments like these, sometimes she stopped to look at him. She was enveloped by soft pools of honey. His eyes were the most beautiful thing, she came to know, whenever a glimpse of sunlight reflected on them. It was easy to get lost in them while he was all the more oblivious. It was like her little secret, gushing over him. She wouldn't dare to tell him that, for she was afraid she'd scare him away.

She bit the cube of strange fruit off his fork, chewing it tentatively. It was a strange tasting fruit, sweet and with the consistency of custard inside the skin. The flavor melted into a tart aftertaste, little seeds on the inside. She widened her eyes at the bizarre flavor experience. It was akin to a punch. She disregarded the pals bickering at each other in their own tongues, focused on Kiluia. She looked at her plate and stabbed at a piece of steak, bringing it up to her mouth. She chewed the steak and hummed, to preoccupied to witness his change in demeanor. The question caught her off guard and she choked on the food. She slammed a fast against her chest, coughing.

Was she hearing this right?

Her cheeks flushed and her eyes softened. Those butterflies fluttered in her chest, threatening to escape. "R...eally?" She was incredulous, and then, with a sudden surge, ecstatic. She couldn't figure out why he was asking her that. She thought the answer was simple. The ever bold woman leaned over the table. "So you love me? Not like-like?" She didn't realize she was leaning forward on the table, invading his personal space. "I will accept your token of love, then." She captured his lips with an affectionate kiss and sat back in her chair. Her heart was racing even more, in ways she didn't think possible. She knew that he loved her, he did so much for her, made her feel special. It was hard to believe that she'd gotten so lucky to be with him.

"Whenever you're ready~"

His hands fidgeted as he felt pressure. The pressure was not foreign, but it was still the same pressure he felt before when he was with her all the time. “My mother told me that if I ever met someone who could confuse me in a good way, make me feel great on a bad day, and to make me feel like life would be over without them, to grasp and to hold them as long as I can.” He tapped his finger against the table.

Silence ensued for a couple minutes before he looked up at her. “When you leave for the front lines, I want you to see the ring and just think of me. I won’t be there beside you.” He gradually spoke. “I’m not strong enough to handle the front lines but slowly but surely, you are. So. One day, I’d like to… you know..” His face turned fifty shades of red. They were still mentally teenagers. Physically, they were adults. “I’d like to…see… you in… a white.. dress..one day.. like...” He was hinting to something but even he didn't know how to say the time, date, or question properly. “So, the ring, I want to give you, just… stay with me okay?” His wording was completely broken down by now as he tried hard to recover. Their date had practically begun and he was going for a home run.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

He had a talent for words, sometimes, he knew just what to say to make her heart flutter. Just as him, her face flushed a million shades red and over. Her heart began to race, she'd never gone this far in a relationship before. These feelings were foreign, exciting albeit nerve-wracking as she prospected the future. She knew already that there would be no other, all of their time spent together had made them all but inseparable. At the conveyed emotion, her eyes watered just a little. She averted her gaze and blinked back the emotional tears, a soft smile on her face.

At the mere mention of her in a white dress, she was sent over the edge.

She might have been in the body of an adult now, but mentally, she was still a giddy teenager navigating the terrain of a first love. She parted her lips to speak, stuttering on her words. She covered her mouth and giggled happily. "O-Oh..!" She held his hands between hers, a look of adoration in her eyes. "Of course, a million times over." She had kissed him enough at the restaurant, but she could care less about any watchful eye around them in that moment. She pulled him in for another kiss, her fingers lacing with his.  "Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" Haine jested, even through a wave of giddy emotion. "Y' sure you can handle all of this?" She tilted her head and pointed at her face. "Well good. I wouldn't have it any other way, love." Her soft smile was a beam now.

Thanks to his words, she imagined him in a tuxedo, standing at the altar.

He felt like he was on cloud 9. The world seemed to fade way from his existence, and she was the only person before him. The patrons vanished and he interlaced his fingers with hers onto the table. The kisses were quite extraordinary being electrifying every time their lips touched or she touched his skin some way, shape, or form. He found her worlds ringing in his ears as he spoke to her softly. “I don’t give a damn about what I’m getting myself into. Long as I am with you, that is all that matters to me.” His whisper was against her lips as he finally felt every struggle, anxiety, and pain worth this moment.

He made a regain his composure again and realize that their date was also a quest at the same time. He cleared his throat before looking over back at her. His face was still red as all creation. It seemed that the idea of marriage wasn’t at all thrown out the window like he had initially imagined. The people around them clapped for the couple for congrats. Was this how proposals were meant to be? He was confused. He had to think about how this would represent. He wanted to get on one knee for a proposal. With that moment, he would have to search for married men or a book about proposals and other assorted ways to prepare for this engagement.

She felt increasingly ecstatic as time lingered on, basking in his adoration. She'd long since blocked out the sight of all else around her, it was just him before her, and they were in their own bubble. He had come far from the shy boy who could hardly mutter a word her way. His stutters, the lack of eye contact and his mysteriousness, he'd outgrown it and become an earnest man. She couldn't ask for more from him. As for herself, her emotional shell was chipping away. She'd found it more natural to bare her honest emotions to him, he could read her like an open book.

A sound of clapping made her flinch. She snapped out of her reverie, gaze rested upon a few patrons clapping at the confession of love. Her cheeks tinged pink and she giggled. She shot the crowd a thumbs up and returned her attention to Kiluia. "I'm so happy... but I'm also so, so hungry." She cheesed and picked up her chopsticks. "If you don't finish that, I will!" She circled her chopsticks around his plate and picked up a ball of rice. She titled her head and waved the chopstick around playfully. She held it up to her lips as if she were going to eat it, however she turned it around and held it up to him. "Eaaat."

The woman could eat. He gave a big grin and finished off his own meal before she could.  He had ordered a wine that tasted like a wine but had no alcoholic content. He swished it around acting like his father for a second. He looked at her and placed a hand on his chin. “You want dessert, or should we head out after paying?” He was sure she would order dessert. Her sweet tooth was the insatiable kind. His other hand laced her free hand. He did not want her to spoil herself with rice when they had chocolate desserts to try. Or they could take it to go.

His face was still slightly red but not as much as the tomato shade earlier. The patrons made him realize that their love was still cherished around these parts. His amber eyes lowered a bit and a smile crossed his face. A gentle smile as the imagination began to run wild around his head. She was indeed the hope of his life. Now, she was someone he imagined marrying soon. Of course, he would speak to Raidou. He would indeed be the best man.

She set her meal aside, eyes morphing into those akin to a puppy's. "Dessert... please?" Her voice was quiet and pleading, almost as if she were guilty for asking for dessert. She would just have to catch the bill before Kil could get to it, and then she wouldn't feel so bad. His fingers were soft against hers. After a moment, she pulled away and rested her hand on top of his instead. She drew idle circles on the top of it, her mind wandering to the topic of dessert. She was trying to think, yet she found it difficult when everything led to her excitement in this moment, and her adoration for the white haired man.

She slipped a smaller dessert menu out from the table holder, thumbing through it. Her mouth watered at the pinnacle of decadent chocolate glory, a chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream, a generous layer of whipped cream and sauce drizzled on top. She pointed at that one and sighed, dreamily. "That looks so good... I want it." She took initiative and waved the waitress over, ordering the dish. She asked for to-go boxes on the side, for they would need some room to cram in that dessert. And with that, she clasped her hands. A quick question formed in her head. 

"What do you like better? Cake or brownies?"

While she drew on his hand, his mind was on auto pilot. Eyes would watch her finger play with the top of his head before reality hit once more with the question. He thought for a moment and looked at her. “Well, my preference is cake. Brownies are good as well, but I prefer cake. You can make a variety of cakes like marble, red velvet, pineapple upside down, and just so many more. I could bake any of those though.” He looked at her before he looked at the waitress bringing back the box of goodies for her.

He stood up and grabbed the check before she could dash off. He paid their tab for the night and turned to face her. “I know you love dessert. I wouldn’t mind making those for you if you’d like it. Its not like you’d get fat or anything here.” The world was their oyster primarily when it came to food. “Do you like cake or brownies?” He was actually a fan of all desserts. He was ready to leave as he awaited for her at the exit of the building.

She shrugged, fair enough. To her, dessert was dessert, she could eat just about anything sweet without complaints. But her favorites, that was icing on top. "Wise choice," replied, sipping her water. He reached for the check before she could grab it, paying the tab. She all but gaped, she couldn't accept that. He treated her like a queen as per usual, but she wanted to treat him too sometimes. "Nooo!  That was supposed to be mine!" She slapped her hands down on the table. The noise startled the drowsy polar bear. He yelped, bumping into the penguin. Haine composed herself and sat back down in her chair. "Well, next time is my treat. Okay?" She cleared her throat.

She didn't have to think twice when she replied. "Brownies, of course! Cake doesn't have that dense fudgy goodness." She closed her eyes and conjured the image of a brownie in her head. She was impatient to eat the dessert, but that would have to wait another time. She didn't forget the quest they were on, the mood would continue after their business was dealt with. Just for a little while longer, they'd enjoy the moment. She stood up from the chair and pushed it in, collecting her things. As she approached him, she continued her tangent of thought. "I wanna bake with you some day. I'm a horrible cook, but you can teach me." She scratched the back of her head. "I promise I won't burn down the kitchen." She laughed, knowing full well that she'd come close to it once or twice. She could only hope the man didn't question his pots and pans suspiciously black at the bottom. She stored the cakes in their inventory for safe keeping, and then locked their arms together. She pulled him forward, leaving the restaurant.

Seeing her react that way, caused him to grin ear to ear. He would never let her pay if he had it his way. She would have to be quicker than him to get to that check. The answer she gave him was brownies. He could make them no problem, but the issue was obtaining said chocolate. The issue was that chocolate did not taste the same as it did in the real world. It was difficult to procure and maintain. Most cacao beans were in the jungle area. He would have to figure out where they would be growing and somehow break them down to where he could use the essence of the bean to make chocolate. Of course, this was a game and that would be impossible sometimes.

Without another thought, he pushed open the door and out the penguin and cub marched ahead of them. The couple herded them from the rear. “Next time, I’ll still pay. As for baking, I don't mind if you join me in the kitchen. As long as you don't mind getting a little dirty..” He winked and blew a kiss at her. He checked the coordinates on the map and looked at her. “Weather is cool so we should get there now.”

The night sky was as beautiful as ever. The sun had long since set while the two were enjoying their meal together. The town was alight with lanterns lining the sidewalks. The typical scorching desert heat mellowed down with the lack of sunlight. It was still toasty, but compared to before, it was a far cry from the sweltering heat she went through last time. The penguin and cub marched ahead, the couple guarding them from behind. She gave them the illusion of leading the way, since they were headed the same direction as the quest anyways. She curled her bottom lip out in a mock pout at Kil's persistence. If he wanted to pay, she knew he'd give her a hard time and see to it that he would. She wished it were as simple as stuffing some money in his wallet when he was asleep, but she couldn't exactly do that with the nature of the game.

"Oh yeah?" she quipped, hands on her hips. "Then it's a plan." She skipped forward. Along the way, her mind began to wander again. She sought to fill the silence. A question which was on the tip of her tongue slipped. "If you could have three wishes, what would they be?"

Her question caught him off guard as they were out of town now. The darkness was illuminated by the bright moon as they continued to shuffle in the sands. He looked over to her and spoke in a quick response. “A long life with you. To see you in real life. And finally, that nothing harmful happens to you.” He had already been granted so many dreamlike wishes. The only wishes remaining were to ensure she would be with him if he could hold out on it.

He was about to speak to her before he felt a tremor. A blink was given as he looked at her. It was then he looked past her and pulled her back. The shape of the creature emerged from the sand and the jaws clamped down on nothing but sand as he pulled her away. They had moved further than he had figured but they had not arrived at the coordinates. He was vastly upset at the information, but this was a monster. They could be unpredictable. The familiars took off into hiding as the shark was vanished in the sand again.

Players

Kiluia | HP: 560/560 | EN: 56/56 | DMG:11 | MIT:23 |ACC:2 | EVA:1 | REC: 1

Haine | HP: 1000/1000| EN: 98 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 12 |ACC:1

Enemy:

Sand Shark | 125/125 HP | DMG: 50

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She giggled bashfully at the response. It wasn't what she was expecting, but she could accept that. Unceremoniously, a rumbling shakes the ground beneath the two. She narrows her eyes and tries to advance forward, however the other had stepped in front of her to lead the way. She frowned a little, about to work herself up over it until a shark emerges from the sand, jaws snapping violently. She was certain it was what they were looking for. The thing came charging at the group and then veered to the side, vanishing into the sand again. She cocked a brow at its sporadic temper. Fair enough, she could match its pace.

With a swift unsheathing of her blade, she bore holes into the sand. The thing was taking its sweet time to come around, she figured it was trying to ambush the group. "Ugh, come on now! I'm growin' a beard." She threw her hands in the air and all but dropped the heavy two handed weapon. She quickly grabbed it, and whilst she was bent down, the shark came bursting out of the sand and snapped too close to her face. She shrieked, swinging the weapon every which way at the surprise attack.

"Okay, fair enough."

She leapt to the side and spun her spear. She moved a good distance from the foe and charged forward, stabbing the pole onto the sand. She used the force to gain momentum, flinging herself onto the back of the shark. She speared it several times from above, struggling to stay on top as it thrashed about. With one last shriek, it was ancient history. The tiny fury hopped off the shark and sheathed her weapon. "M'kay, now it's time for some cake!" She pumped her fist in the air, jubilant.

ID: #158469

BD: 10 [ CRIT + 2 ]

DMG: 9 + 2 CRIT*15 = 165 DMG

Activates: Dimension Stampede

Players

Kiluia | HP: 560/560 | EN: 56/56 | DMG:11 | MIT:23 |ACC:2 | EVA:1 | REC: 1

Haine | HP: 1000/1000| EN: 98 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 12 |ACC:1

Enemy:

Sand Shark | 0/125 HP | DMG: 50

Edited by Haine

The quest was short lived. He watched her stamp the life out of the monstrous shark with one swipe and into a thousand crystals it became. He shook his head a bit feeling a bit underutilized. “That was anti climatic.” He noted as he collected the reward. He handed her one potion and the other was tucked away into his inventory.

“Please don’t grow a beard either.” He chuckled walking back toward the town.” We can eat here with your dessert under the moon light. Or… we could head back home.” Either way he was not in any rush to do anything but spend time with her. “What is your favorite cake anyway?” He paused looking at her with a perk of his brow. She had mentioned brownies but had not mentioned any type of cake.

While they were conversing, Pingu was burying the cub in sand. The cub allowed it as it was still able to breath and was not too far deep. It was as if the two were on vacation at the beach. Kiluia turned his head and spoke to his familiar. “Don’t bury him too deep okay?” He would look back at her as they halted.

She chuckled at his deadpan remark to her assault on the sand shark. It didn't have a standing chance against the spear she wielded. With a skip in her step, she caught up to Kil. Her shorter legs made it harder to keep up with his long stride. She noted that with an agitated puff of her cheeks. They were heading for town now. The walk to the location and the quick battle hard worked up enough space for sweets. "Let's find a place nearby. But first..." She put a finger to her chin. "I think my favorite cake is black forest cake. Ooh, ooh! Or maybeeee... tiramisu?"

She spotted the perfect rest stop near the outskirts, a cluster of large stones to sit on. "This'll do." She dashed up to a stone and sat on it, ushering him over. She pulled out the boxes of cake, holding the other out for him to grab. An eager Pingu, with haste, sprung up to try and snatch it. "No! You back off." She kicked her legs wildly, shooing away the pestering penguin. The creature pouted and walked off to the other rock, climbing on top. Miska, on the other hand, was sitting there patiently, looking up at her with beady eyes. "Can cubs even eat chocolate?" She mused, aloud.

He laughed really hard watching her kick away the penguin. With a flick of his finger, he pulled down the HUD. He searched through his inventory for the fish he brought along. “I think my favorite cake is cheesecake or pineapple upside down cake.” He slowly placed the fish down on the rocks that the familiars were occupying. Pingu looked at the fish and if a penguin could sigh, she would. The fish were great and all, but she was wanting something sweet. She took the fish and ate it slowly casting her beady gaze on the two. The moment anything fell, she would swoop in and eat it.

He made his way to beside his lover after cleaning up his hands. Eyes glanced to her and he grinned. “I’ll have to make you every cake possible to sedate you and your needs.” While that sounded perverted, the cake part made him laugh a bit as he tilted his head. “How many do you think you could eat?”

She opened the box and squealed with her mouth closed. It was the epitome of beauty, just waiting to be devoured. She took the spoon in the box and cut into the cake, watching in fascination as the fudge pooled into the little dish at the bottom. She scooped it into her mouth and brought a palm to her chin, eyes closed. She savored the flavors, the sickly sweetness melting together on her tongue. "Thith ith tho good!" Haine talked through a mouthful of cake. She kicked her legs, her demeanor akin to that of a kid in a candy store. "Cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake..." She was almost in a trance, too enveloped with scarfing away at her plate.

She choked at Kiluia's wording. She held her fork in the air, as if to tell him to pause while she finished chewing. She laughed out, slapping her hand on her knee. "Am I hearing this right? Are you," she waved the fork around, "Cha.llen.ging Me?" She tilted her head and captured his honey eyes with hers. A soft smile graced her lips. The two of them continued their playful banter.

THREAD COMPLETE

Haine - 5 SP ( 3 QUEST, 1 PAGE, 1 BONUS ), 200 COL, SAND ARMOR POTION

Kiluia - 6 SP ( YUI'S GRACE, 3 QUEST, 1 PAGE, 1 BONUS ), 200 COL, SAND ARMOR POTION

Edited by Haine