[F9-PP] The Questing Continues...(The Bandit Camp)

Eruda wakes early, yet another day of what she started a bit ago. She knew that the guild would need to go through these quests eventually so why not find the time now. Eruda assumed that Raidou would be up early doing his own thing but he was going on all the other quest she put into motion. Wonder if she would see him today. With a small smile, she gets out of bed and gathers her things. Heading out to the town of beginnings she stops at the quest board to see what she could possibly handle just in case Raidou didn't tag along today. Finding a easyish quest she excepts and sends a message through the guild chat saying:

Another quest impound. I will be waiting on floor 9 near the warp gate for whoever wants to join me for leveling.
Eruda

A chime of her HUD as she starts heading to floor 9 for this quest to unfold. Taking the gate up she stands and opens her HUD to read over the details for the quest.

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 52
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

It was a short jaunt from Griswold's shop: Tristram Steel, which made what follows easy. Parading up the mountain, Griswold moves to the girl and tosses her the gear he was working so hard trying to get working properly. The result is pieces that gleamed in silver and were to the girl's intentions flawlessly. "They are done, I hope they suit you well Eruda." he chuckles as the girl looks them over, as Vulcan rushes to his side becoming sidetracked by a stone. This was the familiar's native floor as well, which Eruda was surely aware of the fact given she had helped tame it prior. He had found a rounded stone he was now nibbling on, which he had easily earned in his week struggle of acting as a walking furnace. The floor seemed temperate for a fire fueled death trap today. Griswold was in his platemail as usual when he left the confines of his shop, steeled protection on a massive body.

Griswold | HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG:5 | MIT:47 | THRNS:18 | PARA:1

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 5
Mitigation: 47
THRNS:18
PARA:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Horadric Malus [T1/Perfect/Warhammer] (+3 Base Damage)
Armor: Cobalt Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T1/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+27 Mitigation])
Misc: Plated Foundation - Impact[T1/Perfect/Shield] (Thorns 2 {18}, Paralyze 1 {9-10})

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

The heat was rather unbearable, she couldn't believe this nonsense she had dragged herself into. Felix seemed right at home at her side, the little tuxedo cat kept playing around in the area around her as she traveled to where Eruda was waiting for her. Sending the message to the blonde in response: "I will be there shortly dear, wait for me." she could feel her clothes sticking to her frame, and it was uncomfortable, to say the least. Skittering back to the black lotus the small cat, who was so resilient as to traverse the floor without care. "What have you got now?" Simmone exclaims kneeling down to inspect it, as a living slug begins to scoot away. "Gross, Felix please stop..." as the cat rushes away as quickly as he had returned. Eventually, after a few more strange collections from the cat Simmone makes it to Eruda through the flames.

ID# 158971 results: Loot: 3+5, Failure!

Simmone | HP:440/440 | EN:44/44 | DMG:1 | EVA:1 | LD:5 | REC:2

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Lotus
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 1
Evasion: 1
LD:5
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Embrace of the Lotus [T1/Perfect/LA] (2 Recovery, 1 Eva)
Misc: Familiar Lure [T1/Rare/Trinket] (Expertise: Search)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Simmone

He would be there.

Raidou looks over the incoming message, and he had not spoken to Eruda after the time on the ice. Fixing his glasses and dropping the ledger to the top of the table, the new recruits would surely find these small analyzations of use. Freyd and the others were progressing swimmingly without any intervention on his part, the guild members were operating and supporting themselves in exactly the very way he had hoped. This opened him up to purely his own goals now that the one's guild focused were being filled by the others as well as himself. Although he wasn't sure how to utilize all this free time he now had.

Pulling his sword from the table and strapping it to his body, the remnants of a meal now finished to his left. Through the doors and toward Coral, Raidou wastes not a second moving to meet Eruda, operating the menu as he travels and sending the message quickly before stepping up to the gate.

"Floor 9, Yogan"

Raidou Activates Vengeful Riposte!

Raidou | HP:1230/1230 | EN:115/120 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BH:61

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 60
HP: 1230/1230
EN: 120/120

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:61

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*3
Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Accepting her armor from Griswold who shows up, Eruda smiles saying "Thank you, I really appreciate it," as she opens her HUD and goes through her inventory equipping her new gear to see how it fits. Looking herself over she looks to Griswold with a smile saying "It's super, I can already see my defenses go up from this." In the distance after receiving a message from Simmone to wait she hears her yell at her cat and Eruda lets out a small giggle looking in her direction. "Sorry about the heat, I can't really choose where these quests take us." In the distance further behind Simmone, Eruda sees Raidou...

She has not talked to him since that day on the ice. It was one of the best days of her life. Eruda's face turns red as she thinks about this and as Raidou approaches, she can't seem to find any words... The feelings that she was trying so hard to suppress...They had all flooded back in. Taking a deep breath as she realized that she wasn't breathing she tries to focus on the quest. "Now that everyone is here... There are Bandits terrorizing the miners on this floor. Find then, get rid of them." Eruda looks to her maps and sees a line a green, then a large circle of green indicating that they are somewhere in that area. Walking past Raidou toward the destination she says "Nice to see you again, Raidou" with a smile as her face turns a bit red again, continuing to walk.

Eruda Equips new equipment

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 79
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

The gear looks to fit the girl perfectly, nice to know he still had a way of eyeballing the parameters. "Suits you fine, It was no problem. I work steel after all so it was simple." he says this but the damn alloy fought him every step of the way. In its wake were a numerous amount of failed experiments before this one stuck. "Once I get it right, it should be capable of inducing flames but it seems to be too weak to hold the fire. Might need some sort of catalyst before it operates." Griswold thinks tapping the bottom of his helmet where his chin would be with a metallic clank. Simmone and Raidou join them shortly after. "That's everyone then, lets go bash some bandit skulls." to which as he says this Vulcan flares in response to its owner as if it understood the declaration of combat and was excited.

Eruda seemed to be fitting herself in new shiny armor, more than likely a gift from Griswold. She'd make a mental note to have the guilds smith make her a new weapon here shortly, for hers was beginning to become rather dull. "I know, I know dear." she comments as Felix rushes back in, carrying something else as she fans her face. "Lead the way dear, this shouldn't be too much of an issue." as Raidou moves up behind her. "Well now for sure this will be a cakewalk, every time you are here it becomes a complete massacre." Simmone exclaims to the guild master, paying an unintentional compliment to him. The cat spits something on the ground as it seems to always do while she's outside of a safe zone. Leaning down it was a gemstone. "This cat, I don't know how he does it." she looks rather perplexed by the cat's frequent hall from seemingly nowhere.

ID# 158981 results: Loot: 14+5=19, Success!

1*T1 Material Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Simmone

A silent nod Raidou could pick up on Eruda's discomfort but was not sure how to respond, he would leave her to process on her own. From his experiences people didn't like his inquisitive pressing or attempts at aid, so he would let her come to him if she needed it. Her face was about as red as the robe on his back, however. It seemed that Eruda had chosen one of the quests he had some insight in, recalling that it wouldn't be too detrimental to be prepared given the scale they were set to was vastly beneath his output. "Lead the way." Raidou comments to the blonde, allowing her to continue the initiative taken and continue to lead. Good practice to keep her talking and dictating how combat or journeys would play out were ideal. "Eruda, good to see you." Raidou struggled a bit with the pleasantries for it was outside of his skill set paying these small greetings.

Raidou | HP:1230/1230 | EN:116/120 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BH:61

Eruda would eventually learn how to talk to Raidou normally but until then she would let her actions show her feelings. Look back to the others as they talk she remarks to Griswold "I would love that flame effect." She thought of what she told Griswold before about showing her true intentions through the flames that would present themselves. She was excited to see what he would make next. Glancing to Simmone saying with a smile "I was a bit worried but I am not anymore," as she glances to Raidou knowing that he wouldn't let anything truly hurt them. This was what Eruda wanted to be for everyone. Their unbreakable shield, let no harm come to anyone when she was around. Realizing that she was staring a bit as she thought this she turns quickly facing forward again look to the map. They were close to the large circle. Clearing her throat before saying "The problem will be somewhere in this area. Keep an eye out for any disturbances with other players or NPC's." 

Looking to Eruda with a nod, the forge master listens intently to what information she had to offer. "I am working on it." he barks as a reply, not sure what action to take in beginning to 'charge' the metal enough to induce it. There was an obvious lack of what would do so, but he was optimistic given the familiar he knew he was on the brink of something if he could replicate the elementals characteristics. Patting the fire construct with his plated hand, having found himself staring down at the beast in heavy thought. "Where we headed, normally I stick to the mountains. Not sure about these parts." Griswold barks out, checking the straps on his shield for a moment. He was silently waiting to let some of the rage from the failed attempts on some baddies skull, a good outlet he would find such an action to be.

Simmone simply remained silent, keeping an eye on the alley cat that seemed completely unhindered by the flames of the floor. Her thoughts also pulled her back to the Odyseey wondering how the NPC girls and Sam were fairing in her absence, always worried the building may be burned to the ground before she returned. The Black Lotus was picking up on the mild tension between Eruda and Raidou, it seemed there was something that had transpired between the two which was far more interesting than the specifics of the quest. "Well, well." Simmone remarks with a smile beginning to claim the corners of her mouth, if you looked close enough you'd swear you saw fangs. She then removes the rapier from her hip just as a form of preparation but she doubts she would need it. She had seen the ruthless fashion in which the red robed boy had fought, and had faith in him more than she would like to place in any entity and the fact made her a bit uncomfortable being so reliant on the boy.

Ripping the Auric Sol from its sheath to a quick flash of light from the blade as its pulled. Griswold chuckles having forged the blade was the only one fully prepared for the solarite metal's flaring effect. He would be prepared to strike as soon as the opportunity arose, as to cut the trip as short as possible. Always building momentum and keeping the winds in his sails, he had a goal for himself that now he could focus upon. Becoming a bastion, or a flag in red that those who needed it could seek shelter behind even in the most drastic of circumstances. That is what he strove to achieve, and it would not be possible with idle hands or squandered time. This is exactly what was bringing upon the silent appreciation of how driven Eruda was becoming, following the same path albeit a few steps behind but still moving forward.

"I am not sure either...Give me a moment to focus." Eruda had just gotten a new skill and she wanted to try it out. In a way she was trying to impress Raidou, mainly to show him how far she had come, but that was a small part of it. At first, she glances through the smoke that rises. Realizing that she was not able to see anything through that thick grey smoke she closed her eyes and began to listen to the environment around them. Taking a deep breath, concentrating on everything around, hearing crackling fire. Turning her body ever so slightly, Eruda hears a clash of something. Taking a step forward with her eyes still closed another clash of two metals against one another. "Leave us alone...we never did anything to you." Eruda's eyes flash open as a light blue aura flashed around her and left as quickly as it came. Rage setting in she says "They are this way" as she starts running toward the direction that she heard the ruckus.

Getting closer she sees a small gathering of NPCs and four bandits harassing them. Anger plasters across her face and she takes out her sword and shield. Sliding in between the small group and the creatures she sets her shield in front of her. "Thank you, thank you," they say, some of them crying and others just feared by the creatures. "You are safe now. RAIDOU they are here!" Eruda calls out to him knowing that he would be here soon to do some damage if not end the torment of these mates.

Edited by Eruda

Looking down to his familiar, "Vulcan with me!" Griswold barks as the walking furnace flares hot. What follows is Griswold charging right in behind Eruda, blocking a swing against her blind spot in a shower of steel on steel. As soon as the weapon bounces, Griswold rips a hefty right arm out from cover and latches on to the bandit's throat. Taking a step forward with veins showing through the crack between his chest piece and the helmet, the forge master slams the bandit into the dirt hard. "I've got you girl!" he barks as the mob lays incapacitated for a moment, rather undamaged but stunned from the affliction. Running up to meet its master, a sinister growl emanating from the beast as liquid fire pools from its maw causing the sand beneath it to turn to glass. Removing his hammer from his belt, Griswold had found a skull to smash to pieces.

Sliding into the fray, taking her place next to the smith. "Well what do we have here, you look outmatched boy. I suggest you cut your losses before you lose your head~" Simmone responds with a bit of a musical nuance to the words, the warning would do little for cardinal run A.I. which was typical. For an ever expanding and learning system, it was stupid when it came to understanding when it was outmatched.  The rapier casts trails as she flourishes it through the air in purple, more of a warning than an intention to use it. "Is it only you four? This is not going to end beneficial for you I am afraid." as she charges an art should she need it "Look at you Eruda, coming into your own." Felix was nowhere to be seen which meant the familiar was not one for combat, which given how precious he was to the player was ideal.

The guild had moved to engage, choosing a defensive posture over an offensive one. Raidou could not have been more proud they were ebbing on the side of caution, listening to what he was trying to convey after all this time. Unsheathing the blade made for damage from his back, the enemies had hardly any warning for what was about to transpire. They were focused on Eruda and the others and would be none the wiser to the high level player, the guild master waiting for an opportunity.

Raidou was also pleasantly surprised at Eruda's ability to sus out the pack through perceptions alone, but now was not the time for praise but action. A light of shimmering yellow builds upon the solarite broadsword in his right hand, a sudden burst of speed casts clouds from his starting point like a bolt of lightning. One manages to turn and falls to the ground, while the other shatter into data in one wide sweep of the weapon. "No please."

"You exploit the weak but expect pity? You'll find none in me."

Raidou casts Concentration!

ID# 159025 results: Battle: 2+3+1=6 vs. Bandit 1 dealing 216 damage, Killing it!
ID# 159026 results: Battle: 1, Critical Miss! vs. Bandit 2
ID# 159027 results: Battle: 9, Minor Critical (+1 Base) vs. Bandit 3 dealing 228 damage, Killing it!
ID# 159028 results: Battle: 2+3+1=6 vs. Bandit 4 dealing 216 damage, Killing it!

ID# 159029 results: MOB: 6-3=3, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1230/1230 | EN:103/120 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BH:61 | VENGEFUL

Mobs:
Bandit 1 | HP:100/100 | DMG:90
Bandit 2 | 
HP:100/100 | DMG:90
Bandit 3 | 
Bandit 4 | 

Edited by Raidou

This was over as soon as it began. Raidou eliminated three of the four bandits that were terrorizing the townsfolk. Eruda hears the person beg for mercy. Turning to the other people as they were still scared and shaking from such trauma. She turns to the bandit with fiery in her eyes saying "You do not get to make others feel low because you want the better things in this hell of a life. You deserve everything that transpires this day." Looking to Raidou she says "Do it, I will get these people out of here and calmed down." Knowing that Raidou had this well-handled she looks to the scared group. "Come let's get you guys out of here." As much as she wanted to stay and help, it was not needed. Eruda could help in other ways than fighting as well. Looking back to Raidou with a small nod and a half-smile to the other two she walks the townsfolk back to the mines they got chased from.  

Edited by Eruda

The familiar was agitated and Griswold places the mallet back on his hip, tapping the side of the elemental. "Come boy lets go, Raidou has it. The task is to protect the miners not kill the bandits. That's what we will do. Give him hell boy. Sounds like regret on your breath, should have thought about it before you chose what you had." As he keeps with Eruda forming a barrier on the adjacent side of the pack, looking to surround them with armor clad players. He could hear the pleading of the last remaining entity behind them, shuffling of sand at his back. "Smart Eruda, instead of trying to compete you had decided to separate and tackle a different objective." the smith comments keeping pace with the NPC and the blonde girl. He would be ready if there happened to be more bandits in the hills, while the guild master handled the first group.

The entire group is dissected in one fell swoop by the boy in red. "I told you, but you manly boys always fluff your feathers until things get bad. A shame." Simmone responds falling back with Eruda and Griswold. "He'll be fine I believe, that boy is unbelievable even when outnumbered." she comments to Eruda attempting to calm any uncomfortability she may have had leaving it to the kid with glasses. The miners smelled something awful, and Simmone wanted to be done with them and this floor. After this she would draw a bath, she felt sticky and gross after just a short trip into the heat. "I agree, sometimes even if its tough the answer may not be the one you want but the correct one." as Felix rushes up being away from the conflict and walking beside the black cat who was holding up the rear of the party.

Concentration CD [1/3]

The miners and the rest of the guild start the trek back to the mines to complete the quest they were on. The last bandit remaining continued to crawl away from the red wanderer, who allows him to do so until he was out of sight by Eruda, Simmone and Griswold. "You caused these people to fear you, exploiting them and taking what they had worked hard for. You care not for the damage you wrought. You want to experience what you had brought upon them with your careless actions. You don't know what fear is."

The blackened liquid begins to pool out of Raidou's neck and drip from his face, wrapping around his torso and creating a puddle under his feet. A flare of reddened smoke bleeds from his back as his eyes light ablaze in the same hue. What follows is the fluid ripping him from the floor and cables in black drag him down the length the blade, slowly impaling him while he stares into deep red eyes in blindness being trapped in Raidou's hatred.

ID# 159030 results: Battle: 4+3=7, Hit! vs. Bandit 2 dealing 234 damage, killing it!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1230/1230 | EN:94/120 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BH:61 | VENGEFUL

Mobs:
Bandit 1 | HP:100/100 | DMG:90
Bandit 2 | 
Bandit 3 | 
Bandit 4 | 

ID# 159031 results: Loot: 1 [25 Col]

Spoiler

Quest Complete:

Eruda:

4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

Griswold:

Simmone:

500*Col (400 Thread Closure, 100 [Griswold/Eruda/Raidou/Simmone] Quest Reward)

Raidou:

Edited by Raidou