[EV-22] Tanabata Celebration!

After spitting out the koi and extricating himself from the pond, a soaking wet Freyd returned to where Mari was standing.  "I know you!  But I don't think we've ever really met."  His appearance practically screamed 'crazy person', and did little to help his attempts to explain.  "Sorry... a few weeks ago I had this really weird dream where Rain Minion and a couple of his goons curb-stomped a bunch of heroes in the Town of Beginnings."  He was agitated, but appeared sincere.  "A lot of really important players were there.  You were taking charge and giving orders.  I even remember you telling me to find you!"  He held up his both his hands with arms outstretched as if providence had suddenly been fulfilled.  To everyone else, these delusions could just as easily have been explained by a bit of bad food.

A nearby woman placed a kit of ribbons and crayons in one of his outstretched hands, as if he'd somehow requested them.  A particularly frazzled Freyd simply blinked, confused by the untimely interruption and deflated by the distraction from his grand exposition.  Now he definitely just sounded nuts.  

[Freyd gains Tanzaku]

@Mari

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Krysta would arrive in the settlement of Coral. The festivities had begun at long last, and this time, there were no monstrosities to bring harm to anyone. Certainly, things were looking up for the people. Based on the events Krysta had participated in, it would seem that some events had their effects. One floor was brought to the road to restoration, and this floor was spared from a horrific disaster. Whatever the case, it was time to reap the benefits of averting the disaster: The long awaited festival! Krysta would find herself wandering the settlement, eventually stumbling upon an NPC whose stall was on the outskirts of the settlement. Krysta would approach as to investigate. “It’s tradition after all,” The NPC remarked. “Wanna give it a shot? Just write down your wishes here on these papers, and then hang them up on one of the stalks over yonder. Maybe it’ll help you clear your mind!”

Wishes? Krysta knew of no such tradition, so it was likely a foreign one. But what was the purpose of making these wishes, and hanging them upon the stalks? Perhaps she would figure it out at some point, but for now, it seemed worth at least a try. "Consider me interested. I shall give it a try." Krysta answered. The NPC would then hand some papers and a prompt sheet to Krysta. “Helps to hone in on what to write, I’d think. If you need any pencils or crayons, we’ve got those here too! I’m only asking that you return them to me after you’re done.” The NPC explained. "Thank you, I'm certain the prompts will be helpful." Krysta responded before moving on.

[Krysta has received Tanzaku]

d699fe04fe81e0fe79546580540d44f4.png.186d388bfe1ae1c4c81e6dfa085606f0.pngThe location of the festival brought it instantly to the nomad's attention, given its proximity to where he rested his head. This along with intrigue as to what use it may prove in comparison to the eggs brought him to inspect it. The entire city of Coral was charged and filled with a white noise of voices having conversations, he felt so out of place he attempts to adjust his glasses. They were not present.

Right...

His change in attire with a recall of the last affair he was apart of. Before he cemented the fact he did not belong and wished not a repeat of the incident. As such his newfound clothing brought him in line with what others were wearing at the behest of a tailor who was kind enough to offer it to him. Without his glasses or robe, his sword he felt almost naked and exposed. If it wasn't in a safe zone he would not have been caught like this.

Walking through slowly as simply a perusal of what it had to offer, a small child of bold orange locks approaches the wanderer and hands him a slip of paper. Upon it reads that they were seeking aid in the construction of a Milky Way Rail and underneath specifications of rather odd recipes for each profession.

Perhaps a reward as before, Should fulfill it.

Folding the released flyer he tucks it into his garb's sleeve before heading forward without a word, toning out what the boy was saying as his interest on inspection running rampant. Another booth with a rather aggressive approaching NPC the same as the first. This one was loud enough that it broke through Raidou's inner monologue. "Sir, would you like to fill out some Tanzaku? It's a tradition that brings good fortune!~" she barks at him shoving a stack of papers into his hands rather abruptly. "I suppose?" Raidou dismisses holding the unmarked pieces "Would you like some crayons or a pencil?" to which he pulls out his small black book and removes a quill "No I have it." trying to cut the conversation short and proceed away. He was doing his best to avoid prying eyes and keep detached from the idle conversation. He finds a silent place away from the rowdiness of the crowd before beginning to stare more deeply at what he was given under softly falling cherry blossoms from a tree overhead, across the dimly lit lake a sea of small yellow glows sway softly with a gentle breeze.

[Raidou Receives Tanzaku]

Not even five minutes into her evening and it was already ruined.

The finger locked around her own hadn't seemed to fade, and from the corner of her surroundings two beats earlier, NIGHT had picked up an unwarranted trailed, "Oh, that's..." And now, behind the mask, the woman could see clearly. No tricks of the system in front of her. Just an unfortunate player running into another.

Her doppel fell silent as NIGHT staggered backwards from the accidental meeting. Two wolves eyed their new quarry, the darker by the front between the pair letting out a huff of exasperation. So many questions, and she'd only assumed one answer from her past patron's greeting at her store -- that they were strangers, truly, and they existed as an individual within the system.

So then, why, Cardinal--?

"I'm fine," came a low subdued growl. The mask of Tsukuyomi had hollowed darkened eyes, emphasized by curved sapphire brush strokes around it; tough to read an expression from. But a shift of the player's head to rest their gaze just slightly above their bumpee's face was enough to indicate attention. With more hoarse restraint, she further added, "Watch your step next time."

@Astralin

"It's a joke, yanno - haha funny." Mari tried to explain with a dismissive flourish of her hand. It seemed the frazzled player took her a little too literally. "It's fine. Really." Mari saId softly. "I'm not one to..." Mari paused. What was she to say, she wasn't one to have people fall for her? That'd be unfair to Oikawa- who had confessed to her, wouldn't it? He ...more or less disappeared after that. Mari's frown deepened as her brows furrowed. Concern lining her freckled features. She missed him.  "I'm not one to have people fall for me." Mari finally said with a snort. "And you shouldn't apologize for who you like, that's stupid." 

"Yeh." Mari said quietly, then shook her head. For now, she'd push those thoughts away - push her feelings down. "Yeh." Mari said with renewed vigor. "I know Crozeph. Falls asleep, eats. Repeats. Right?" Mari asked with a wry grin. Her description of him was right on the nose. Shirogane - so that was her name.  "Mari, one of the leaders of Jacobs Ladder."  She shook the girls hand. Mari wasn't used to so many people approaching her in such a short amount of time. "I-" Before Mari could ask her why she had approached Mari, she was again distracted by the....wet kid?

"That's..." What on earth was this kid on about? he had a dream about her? When on earth had she fought a rain minion. Mari glanced over at Shirogane- looking for answers, but she seemed just as confused as Mari. "You....had a dream where I told you to find me?" What was she to say to that?  Mari sighed as she scratched her head. "Honestly, kid. That sounds pretty insane. But -"  He looked frazzled. Worried. Mari couldn't exactly force him away. "If yer havin dreams about me then I can't exactly turn you away. What do ya think the dream meant?" 

Mari gestured for the two to follow her into the bamboo forest. "C'mon then - I should probably grab some of those too since this is a Tanabata event." 

If the two followed her or not, it would be entirely up to them. Mari needed a quick moment to herself. She wasn't used to this much attention and was feeling more than a little flustered, overwhelmed. Why are all these people literally running into me?  First the kids....then Hidden - now some flustered girl and a boy literally dripping with water saying he was having some prophetic dreams about her? Mari sighed as she pressed a hand to her forehead. This was almost too much. But she'd persevere. She'd push her own uneasiness down.  Mari glanced over her shoulder at the two near strangers. She supposed this beat being entirely alone. Even if she would prefer it that way - Mari woudn't show it.

"So - uh..." She was terrible at small talk. "Enjoying the festivities?"

km1JyYf.pngIt was nice to break away from the crowded streets, Mari felt a tension in her shoulders release when she could no longer hear the vendors sprucing their wares.  A young woman had a table filled with neat inking brushes - all oddly enough pre-dipped. Next to it a bunch of colorful papers. "This is what I remember...." Mari said as she gently ran her hand across the white tablecloth. Mari picked up a slightly yellowed piece of paper, and one of the sumi brushes. 

"Just write down your wishes and hang them up on the stalks over yonder! Maybe it'll help you clear your mind!" The cheerful NPC said as she waved Mari off. Mari took a few steps back - staring at the prompts.

As if anything would clear my mind

[Mari has received Tanzaku]

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Shirogane

2861051.jpg

Alkor decided to wear a mask during this event, because while he was attempting to get along better with people in Aincrad, an event centralized around lovers was not the ideal venue for him. Japanese culture placed less emphasis on the physicality of relationships. Much deeper meaning came forth from the emotional and spiritual aspects. Because of that, Tanabata became renown as hope. 

Not just for lovers, but for everyone. If two tragic people could find a way to be together, what could stop others from chasing their dreams or finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? It was that hope that brought Alkor to the more secluded part of the event's festivities. This was where people hung their wishes for the future.

Alkor ventured toward the woman handing out Tanzaku and bowed formally to her, aware of the woman directly next to him. Mari. What absolutely convenient timing and placement. 

Not.

The NPC gestured toward the papers and various writing utensils, and told him to use whatever he wanted to write down his wishes. It also appeared that there were several prompts about what one might wish for, and that it might be lucky to follow them. And so, he accepted the Tanzaku graciously.

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu," he said thankfully as he turned to busy himself with the festivities in his own way.

[Tanzaku] received

__jack_the_ripper_fate_and_2_more_drawn_by_greypidjun__sample-0ef89a7fe39e259f0bef059c7184c473.jpgBeing on this high of floor was already natural for the young, however, she wasn't here to see Ariel just this time, unless she was at the event. Assassin was actually here for the event, Tanabata. She had learned about it before but didn't quiet know about the specifics to it. You were supposed to make wishes on a paper and hang it on something.

Assassin got herself a new fancy yukata, that really was much more comfortable than that the one that Ariel had made for her. But really that was because it only took two seconds to put on. She walked around the event, looking to see what was around. She caught the glimpse of a stall selling candy.

"Excuse me," She get's called over by the owner the moment she takes a look. "Would you like some konpeito?" She asks Assassin, who nods, runs over and hands the lady some col to trade for the sugar candy.

As she pops the tiny sugar candy into her mouth, she sees a familiar face - Hidden. "Nee-chan!" She yells as the older girl seemingly finishes writing on her paper. "Nee-chan! Nee-chan! I didn't know you were here! Let's do something fun!" She notices the paper in hands. "What's that?"

[Acquired Tanzaku!]

@Hidden

Vigilon took a look at the prompt list he was given. The Cardinal clearly knew of the long journey ahead of him, as well as what he'd currently experienced. He looked up to the sky and gave the prompts some thought...

Spoiler

1. What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

This was an interesting question to answer. It might have also been proof that the Cardinal knew of the ongoing war against it. Whatever the case, Vigilon knew he had a long journey ahead of him, and he was starting to get the feeling that he would participate in this war against the game in potentially different ways. He knew that the players way above him were up against the worst creatures ever, and that he might not survive those battles. He was aware that there were dark groups and organizations out there, as well as individuals, who had become their own sides in this war, and a liability to playerkind. Was Vigilon meant to fight side by side with those leading the charge, or was he supposed to handle other threats? Heaven knows, but he clearly doesn't, and he realized that. But if there was one thing he did know, it was that he was involved in a war, his side being the players, his foes being the game's monsters, and the lost, who have discarded their humanity for whatever reason. It would be a difficult path that lay before him, whichever of the two he put his focus onto more. But aside from that, he had downtime here and there, it was almost like a miniature life, in which his own original life rested on the shoulders of.

Vigilon's Answer: For my temporary life to serve a purpose for those I fight to protect.

-Vigilon

Spoiler

2. What would you wish for the better of those around you?

This...was an easy answer for Vigilon. He fought not only for himself, but to protect. He wanted to see the players get out alive, to see that hope had never been forgotten. He wanted to assure that this dang war would be won, that nothing would stop the players from pursuing freedom. He'd heard way too many stories on how some players completely lost it, how their once formidable minds would be lost, resulting in them becoming serial killers. He'd heard too many stories about players who still treated it like a game and not like a life in which the original's life hung in the balance of...this had to end, for the good of everyone.

Vigilon's Answer: To have hope and happiness despite the strife, and to be able to rise above.

-Vigilon

Spoiler

3. What would you wish for someone you care about?

Krysta. His mind went to Krysta. The girl he really loved. He had never known what love really felt like until he fell for her. He loved her for her personality, for her heart, which was like a sparkling, treasured gemstone of more than priceless value... Her beauty and voice were very incredible perks, he had to admit. He loved her determination, her drive to do what she believed was right. Honestly...dwelling on these thoughts caused him to have a bittersweet feeling rush over him. Sweet as he reminisced about Krysta and his relationship with her, but bitter as she was not directly beside him at this moment...wow, he really loved her that much, didn't he... He really wanted to take this to the next level...and he remembered the ring in his inventory. Was he just being shy, or was it just not the right time? He wanted to show her so bad, he really wanted to take the next step...but for now, he would write his wish for her.

Vigilon's Answer: My wish for you is to always find joy and happiness, and to make it out of this mess alive.

I love you, Jewel, and I always will. -Vigilon

Spoiler

4. What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Someone Vigilon would like to know better? Good Lord, there were WAY too many people in that category. For now, of course, he would stick with keeping one of his first acquaintances in mind for this wish. Itzal, the guy who spurred Vigilon on to get out of the starting town and do something for once. It had been a long, long, long time since he last saw the guy, and he didn't get much of a chance to know him, or, more accurately, he unwittingly chose not to. Whatever the case, he didn't have much to wish for someone he didn't know very well that wasn't in the pool of "obvious".

Vigilon's Answer: To Keep Moving Forward.

-Vigilon

Spoiler

5. What would you wish for yourself?

This would be a somewhat easy answer. He knew what he was looking for: To survive, to find peace and happiness, to spend his days with the friends he'd made, to spend his life with Krysta, and most importantly, to protect others who couldn't protect themselves while he still could. There was a long, grim journey ahead of him, and hopefully, he would be able to handle it. He had encountered plenty of people, and some enemies. He never knew there would be so many players deciding to fight amongst themselves instead of the game, nor did he anticipate having to tangle with one or two of those sorts of people...well, beggars can't be choosers, they say...

Vigilon's answer: To be ready for what lies ahead.

-Vigilon

With all five prompts answered, Vigilon had just ran out of paper to write on. He really did have a lot on his mind... He walked over towards he lake, but stopped to look at the sky, all the while someone else was retrieving the papers, and neither noticed that the other was present. Vigilon was quiet, and focused on what was going on inside his head. "Guess it could clear my head after all... I still don't know if I'm going to end up aiming to join the front lines, or if I'm going to do something more subtle, being that unsung hero over in the sidelines...I just know that I have to do something for the players trapped in here...But I have to live. I need to live so I can continue protecting others, I need to live so I can be there for Jewel..." He let out a long exhale as these thoughts moved through his mind, while the player had left after receiving papers from the NPC. He sat down, and bowed his head to pray. "Even in this game...I know you can hear me, God. I don't know what to think at this point, but I don't want to give up. I want to do something with my life, but in order to reach my real one, I have to get out of this one alive... I ask that you give me what I need to follow through with that, whatever it takes, to help the other players trapped in this game, to see this mess through to the end, and more...but not my will, but yours be done. I thank you for what I've already been blessed with, and I thank you for introducing me to Jewel..." He couldn't seem to think of anything else. Maybe there was nothing left to say, or maybe his mind wasn't that clear after all...

[Answered all five prompts, all five wishes are signed]

Edited by Vigilon

The bird keeper would come to the habitat to retrieve the magpie. “Seems Kyran wanted you to have that. Might as well keep it." She remarked before retrieving the bird to return him to the cage. “Well, thanks for coming, see you." She said before going back to playing her guitar. This clearly meant the activity was over, and there would be no further interaction. Dazia stashed the jar of ever burning ashes into her inventory, and moved on. Kyran kept his gaze on Dazia until she was out of his line of sight.

She would wander the settlement, and find players flocking near a spot that hardly had much at all, just a lone stall near stalks of bamboo. When Dazia approached the NPC at the stall as to investigate, the NPC would speak to her. “It’s tradition after all,” She remarked. “Wanna give it a shot? Just write down your wishes here on these papers, and then hang them up on one of the stalks over yonder. Maybe it’ll help you clear your mind!”

Right, Japanese Tradition. Dazia herself hadn't heard of it, but she put two and two together pretty quickly. At first, it sounded like a ridiculous idea. All she would be doing would be putting down "wishes" onto papers, all just to hang them on bamboo stalks, and whatever for? Fortune? Dazia had a hard time understanding such things...but...if these so-called wishes could really get her to think for a moment, it could be useful in the long run, even if putting them in view of the public could potentially release the contents of her mind if they were to trace them back to her somehow...but if done right, that would be a rarity, and she would at least have a chance. Maybe she could consider them hopes rather than wishes, it might make it easier for her. She knew hope, and understood it to an extent. It was wishes that she just couldn't understand. "Hmph, might as well." She decided.

The NPC interpreted the answer to be yes, and handed some papers and a prompt sheet. “Helps to hone in on what to write, I’d think. If you need any pencils or crayons, we’ve got those here too! I’m only asking that you return them to me after you’re done.” The NPC explained.

[Dazia has received Tanzaku]

While Krysta was giving the prompts some thought, she would notice a more secluded stall in the settlement, this must have been another corner of the town. She would notice that the stall had a habitat, and an emporium that seemed to be housing a variety of birds known as magpies. As Krysta approached, the NPC spoke. “Sitting in for gramps this year,” the bird keeper admitted, having stopped playing a tune on her acoustic guitar. When she spied Krysta taking an interest in her setup, she cocked her head to the side. “A go for you? One try per person. We’ve got some unique sponsors this year, so...”

Krysta smiled. "I don't see why not. I shall give it a go!" She answered.

ID# 159884 CD: 9

The bird keeper then gestured to the cage. “Then go ahead and pick one, get acquainted with it." She explained. Krysta would walk over to the cage, where quite a few of the magpies were already looking towards her with curiosity and/or interest. She looked at each of them, before walking over to one in particular. It was an Azure-Winged Magpie. "Hello there, little one." Krysta greeted. The bird keeper took notice of which one Krysta had taken potential interest in. “That's Aqua, short for Aquamarine." She noted. Krysta looked back to the magpie, who was eyeing her curiously. "My name is Krysta," She said to the bird while gesturing to herself. "it is a pleasure to meet you, Aquamarine." She continued, making a slight gesture towards the azure-winged magpie. The bird seemed to appreciate the gestures, as if the words could not be understood without them. "Kwink-kwink", the bird chirped. "Kwink-kwink-kwink, kwink-kwink" The bird couldn't gesture very well, but she seemed to wish to return the favor, from what Krysta could guess. Krysta looked back to the bird keeper. "I would like to proceed with Aquamarine." She stated.

Spoiler

Magpie(K).thumb.jpg.9f80e481b54156307846713039592486.jpg

ID# 159885 CD: 9

The bird keeper walked over to the cage to retrieve Aquamarine, and she brought the bird over to the habitat, then gesturing for Krysta to walk over to the habitat's entrance. When Krysta was close enough to notice, she would see that Aquamarine was already enjoying her time in the habitat. The magpie flew from one spot to the next, chirping happily, and Krysta couldn't help but smile. When Aquamarine came over to Krysta, it seemed to be anticipating something. "Oh, don't worry about me, go ahead and take what time you would like." Krysta responded, believing she had something to do with the magpie's time here in the habitat. The magpie seemed to then be looking Krysta up and down with an eye that was discerning as a bird's could be. With a "Kwink-kwink-kwink", Aquamarine would fly around the habitat, interacting with various things. Aquamarine returned to Krysta again, and clearly this meant that Krysta had some part to play in this... "Am...am I to try more than simple communication?" She thought. "Kwink" Chirped Aquamarine as she tilted her head to the side. Perhaps it was asking something of her? So far, the magpie seemed content, and yet Krysta was confused as to why it seemed to behave in such a way as if it were asking something...perhaps, the magpie was waiting to be asked something? Krysta was not the most experienced with birds, so she couldn't be certain...although it wouldn't hurt to try. "Gift? Offer gift?" Krysta asked, gesturing from herself to the magpie.

ID# 159886 CD: 9

Total: 27(received Cold Shoulder from magpie[the item, not that kind of cold shoulder!])

Aquamarine hoped to understand what Krysta meant, and seemed to be open to whatever might come next. Krysta considered the possibilities. She probably wasn't able to offer something of substance, so if she needed to offer something, what could she possibly offer? ...There was one notable option that would line up with the possible conditions...the gift of song. Due to being idle for longer than expected, the bird keeper, being an NPC, returned to playing a tune on her guitar. Perhaps that might help... Krysta would attempt to sing along with the tune, and the bird keeper NPC did not seem to have any response for this as of yet, for nothing else happened on her end, she just continued playing the tune. The magpie, however, seemed interested after about half a minute. It seemed to be listening. When Krysta finished singing, Aquamarine did a little chirping of her own, and, judging by the patterns in which she was making her calls, could have been her own song. After a minute or two, the magpie looked very satisfied, as if it wasn't expecting this at first, but enjoyed it anyway. The magpie flew off into the habitat, and would return a bit slowly, for the bird was carrying a small jar with a mass of frost inside. Aquamarine set the jar down, and would gesture to the jar, then to Krysta, and open one wing as a gesture as well. She was offering the jar to Krysta as a gift of friendship. "Truly? How very kind of you, Aquamarine, thank you!" Krysta remarked as she accepted the jar. On the lid was the words "Property of Rigel". Krysta was confused for a second, then she remembered what the bird keeper said about unique sponsors. it all made sense now. The bird keeper walked over to Krysta. “Seems Aqua wanted you to have that. Might as well keep it." The NPC noted. “I'll admit, I wasn't expecting you to sing to her...and it kind of got the attention of some others...well, at least things aren't exactly boring today." She remarked. This was clearly the cardinal, through the NPC, saying "I was not expecting that" to Krysta, or, at least, that's what Krysta guessed. The bird keeper would retrieve Aquamarine, and return her to the cage. Krysta noticed that quite a few magpies were still looking at Krysta, as if wondering whether or not she would continue singing. about a few seconds after, the birds returned to their original business.. “Well, thanks for coming, see you." The bird keeper said before she returned to playing her guitar.

What an interesting encounter this was...

Edited by Krysta

It felt like she asked her a way too personal question but Shirogane was surprised by a spot-on description of him, Crozeph was indeed somewhere between a glutton and a sloth. "Y-yes that guy, sleeps anywhere after he eats and prefers to be alone, I kind of kept on bugging him though or I don't know. Maybe that's just how I see myself and also..." she looked at her as if she was gonna ask something serious again "can I join your guild? I-I'm not much of a fighter but I'm getting there plus senpai is helping me speed up my leveling" she told her. The boy who fell on the pond came back after spitting out a koi back to the pond "is that even sanitized and..." Shirogane listened as he told Mari about his dream and that she was there. "This is so confusing, is Mari-san a person who can enter dreams? is that even possible inside this game?" she thought.

She followed Mari who approached the girl who was handing out papers and pen for the bamboo wishes "I already have mine so I'll just follow you" she told her. Shirogane looked around her and was enjoying the lights and stalls. She also saw a guy on the boat with a straw hat on his face lying down "mattaku, if he didn't want to join in the festival then he shouldn't be here and ruin the scenery on the boat" she uttered as she waited for Mari to grab the tanzaku.

"Hi, I'm Shirogane!" she told the boy and followed Mari. It was evident on her eyes which was beaming with happiness as she continues to look at the festivities and Mari's question was so easy to answer for her "yes! I love this, though it's weird for me to see some kids who look like they're up to something but I love celebrating Tanabata" she told her. Shirogane pulled out a paper from her own hand and showed it to Mari with enthusiasm "my cousin taught me that wishing for others is better than for myself since I can make things happen for my own benefit but for others? it takes a person with genuine concern for others to wish but then again..." a faint expression of sadness was seen "... this is just a wish, whether it will come true or not for others is a bit trivial"  she added.

"I wish I could get out of here and go home, I miss my mom" she whispered.

Shirogane then bit her lip and changed her expression into her normal cheerful side "I'm lucky I found one of the leaders of senpai's guild, he did tell me that he joined because he had people he cares for in there and he wanted to help Baruda, Bladder, Blade, whatever that guy's name was" she added. "I want to help him help you in the guild, I can gather materials all day if you want," she told her. 

Shirogane begin to stare at the paper and thought about her first wish. It would be best to keep the wish short but the thought worthwhile like how she wanted it to be.

Wish #1 : "We survive inside this game while remaining happy"

Spoiler

Shirogane wanted to leave a positive feeling to others just as how she was happy in her life. It may not be as happy as she wanted it but everything she had in the outside world brought happiness to her. Now even if she was trapped inside the game she still wanted to be positive about most things and also she wanted to conquer her fears of fighting mobs. It may be a childish wish for her but the girl never liked to see others sad or lonely, probably why she felt like it was her job to annoy Crozeph and now she might be annoying his guild leader. She wrote a simple sentence but in her heart, she wished that everyone will never lose sight of the true meaning of happiness even though it sounded like she was a girl from a hopeful movie.

@Mari @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Edited by Shirogane

"C'mon then - I should probably grab some of those too since this is a Tanabata event," Mari had said.  Shirogane had also been kind enough to introduce herself.

Freyd shook his head sheepishly.  "Thank you for the invitation.  It's very kind, but I've already intruded too much.  My name is Freyd, by the way."  He bowed slightly out of instinct, remaining in the position as he continued.  "It wasn't my intention to disturb either of you, and you've already confirmed that it was nothing but a bizarre dream.  It was rude of me to approach this way.  I must have seen you somewhere before or be confusing you with someone else.  Please, accept my apologies and enjoy the festival."  A lovely young NPC woman approached him with a set of neatly folded complimentary clothes in her hand and offered them to Freyd.  Someone obviously thought his appearance to be inappropriate, or had felt pity at for his soaking attire.  Straightening from his bow and mistaking the black yukata for a towel, he wiped his face and hair with it, much to the attendant's horror.  

Waving everyone goodbye and wishing them good luck, he nearly fell off the dock before catching himself.  Walking head-down while examining the Tanzaku kit, Freyd somehow managed to keep from walking into people as he made his way back to the bamboo tree where Persi had perched herself.

@Mari @Shirogane

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Vigilon had nothing else to say, so he got up, and walked over to the stalks of bamboo. he placed one, he placed another, he placed two more, and the third wish, he placed in a spot where there was another stalk with a spot right beside where Vigilon had placed it. "There," He noted. "that should do it."

[Vigilon hangs the Tanzaku]

With that, he returned the prompt sheet, as well as any writing materials he'd borrowed, to the NPC. He was about to move on when he noticed that Dazia had just received some of those papers for the whole wishing thing. "That's new...has something about you changed since I last saw you? I didn't expect you to be into this sort of thing." Vigilon admitted. It had been a while since he saw her, to be honest. It was actually kind of frighteningly weird knowing that his cousin was one who took the darker routes of gameplay, even when it becomes a death game. Sure, her cursor was still green, so that was still going, good to know.

Things went south pretty quickly. Two players wearing wolf masks were in front of her, the masks obscuring their faces, and their identities as a result. As of the current moment, Astralin believed the only thing she would be worried about were the potential responses of the two. One was silent, the other let out an exasperated huff. That can't be good. The one who huffed spoke in a growling tone. Clearly, she was not in a good mood. she couldn't have this guess from an expression, it couldn't be seen...at least, not very easily, thus leaving Astralin to have to go off of the tone she heard to guess the player's mood. The player added, with some hoarse restraint, that Astralin should watch her step next time. "Right, I'll remember that..." Astralin said. She backed up a bit, as it was probably best to let the two players get on with their business, and not sour the mood of the player she'd bumped into even further.

@NIGHT

As the familiar stranger stepped off to the side to clear their path, it was NIGHT's hurried steps that pushed herself past the incident proper. Her loose withdrawal of her finger away from her companion's was a small tell of dissatisfaction -- but it felt even weirder to keep up pretense that the system hadn't exactly uncomfortably stolen yet another player's identity for its own misuse in front of the exact player themselves. With the dark wolf storming off, it left the one in white watching curiously in her stead. They turned to their polite company with a dip of their head, a gesture in pure understanding and graciousness, before they trotted off to play catch up with the escaping comet, a messy blonde ponytail wavering in the brisk walk.

@Astralin

"Hey," they prompted their other as they got close enough in range to talk. "Hey, NIGHT--"

"Shut up." The player didn't even want to turn her head out of disdain, still comfortable in the knowledge that her Gemini was still tagging along. Her attention was buried in the mess of the street crowds, the absolute collective of passers-by that flooded the city and erased all directions. "Stop talking. I don't want to hear it."

It was only at their next intersection that NIGHT stopped her advances, finally, and bothered to pay her doppel any attention. A raise of her snout, eyes to the sky, paired up with an extremely flat tone.

"Where's the city square."

The straw hat was a perfect fit on his head, seems like he and the boat guy had the same size for their heads. After writing down the first wish, Crozeph resumed eating. It took only a few minutes before the takoyaki disappeared and was eaten. Eyes of couples looked at him as if he was ruining the scenery with his lazy look. "A guy wearing a straw hat and eating food, what's wrong with that. I never liked festivities like this and if it weren't for food I won't even be here..." he began to eat the yakisoba "it's not even as good as what Yuki makes..." perhaps it was wiser to have her with him on the boat but also that would mean more people around.

There's a difference for him when it comes to the bustle of the settlements, he can escape that but events like this? for others it was lame if a person was to utter how they don't like it. He picked up another paper and began to think of what to write next. Maybe if he thinks about the wishes then he wouldn't have to worry about the darting glances he receives. "Yuki is gonna be mad if she can't find me anywhere but I guess Night is going to be with her," he thought as he began to write his next wish.

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Spoiler

" I don't even know what people around me want. They all say the same thing, get out of the game, have someone to share their life to, be stronger. I bet Yuki wants to be tankier or Baldur wants to have a successful dojo. It's kind of hard to decide what my wish is for them, will it even matter? I can just help them instead of writing it on this... ahh who am I kidding? of course I have wishes for them I just don't think about it much because it sounds selfish. Maybe I could think of the most logical thing I can have for the people around me, eat shit and die or maybe not. I just want everyone to think things through before they jump into the unknown.

Wish #2: Don't do stupid things 

Vigilon would speak to Dazia before she had a chance to consider her options. "Hmph, says the one who just finished hanging up wish papers of his own. Now then, Vigilon...why don't you just mind your own damn business? Isn't Princess somewhere out there, probably wondering where you are? I thought you two were always going to events together, like some kind of power couple!" She responded. She would storm off, hoping to not put up with anyone as she made her wishes. It just wasn't something she was comfortable with. What purpose did it even serve? ...In all honesty, that's simply what Dazia intended to find out. She got out a pen, and looked at the prompts, proceeding to write her wishes afterward.

Spoiler

1. What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

This one was relatively easy for Dazia, she knew what she wanted. Survival was difficult in a game like this. So much to do, so much to collect, so much to hide from, so much to kill.... She had to keep up her funds in order to have a place to stay in for the night, as well as having food to keep her in top condition for the dangers ahead. however...she needed skill, too. She trained, but so many others were skyrocketing past her, and she doubted she would be able to make it very far if her level, skills, actual skills, and cleverness were not enough for this game.

Dazia's Answer: To have whatever it takes to survive this hell.

Spoiler

2. What would you wish for the better of those around you?

For the better of those around her? Pah! In general, most of those around her were nothing but fools and enemies. The lot of them, stupid, insane, undisciplined, guileless, clueless... Why the hell would she ever wish anything for them? There were those select few, yes, but if this was in general, she would have to meet the two groups halfway. Dazia groaned at the thought of this compromise, but it seemed like she would have to end up dealing with it anyway. Now, what would she be willing to "wish" for the general populace, idiots and potential allies alike? Ah, there was one...

Dazia's Answer: Don't be a bunch of half-wit dumbasses.

Spoiler

3. What would you wish for someone you care about?

Benjamin...there were times when he proved his intelligence and personality, and there were the moments when he seemed slightly starry-eyed. She didn't want to see him fall, nor did she want to see him crumble before it all... She saw a lot in him, and it would be terrible if something bad were to happen to him. She knew she loved him, it just took an unusual chat...at a not-so-convenient time, to make her realize that. And Dazia's take on the terminology of the matter? "Like" is a friendship term. When one has feelings for another, it must be considered serious enough to actually be considered love. You either love someone, or you don't. Dazia loved Benjamin, it was that simple. She thought for a minute or more, then she wrote down her answer.

Dazia's Answer: To stay strong, and never give up hope...true hope, and to never forget, that someone cares about you immensely.

-Dazia

Spoiler

4. What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Dazia had to admit, this one would be tough. She was often content with how much she knew certain people, it was difficult to try and recall if anyone she knew was someone she wanted to know better, other than her boyfriend, Benjamin. However...if only she could better understand her own family... Siblings? She knew more than enough. Cousins? The only one she knew who was in this game was the idiot cousin, Vigilon. She couldn't think of anyone else under this category. She considered her options, then she made her decision and started writing her answer to the prompt.

Dazia's Answer: Grow a brain and use it, the rest will fall into place.

Spoiler

5. What would you wish for yourself?

This one stumped Dazia. There were multiple answers, but whether or not she could fit them all in was the question. What did she think she needed exactly? What did others think she needed exactly? These were both things to consider, but she believed that most of the latter were wrong, simply judging by the behavior they saw, and not the reasons behind it. She had a burning hatred for many in the real world, and in this one, too. There were times when others learned of this burning fury firsthand, and the responses would inevitably result in disaster...so she had been having to keep it all within, to keep her from being despised, to keep her from being labeled a menace by few, and other reasons as well. She had to do something about it, but what?

Dazia's Answer: To survive, to always keep pushing through, and never let anyone stand in my way...and to find some way to deal with my undying hatred and fury without becoming hated and feared myself.

With the wishes all written, all that was left was to try hanging up the wishes, preferably without being seen... She pulled the cowl of her gear back over her head, and would walk over to the bamboo stalks, waiting for the right moment, then attempting to disappear in the foliage. She believed her attempt was done fairly well, though it could have been better. Now all she had to do was wait, then attempt to hang the papers onto the stalks unseen.

[All 5 Prompts answered, only wish 3 is signed]

ID# 160013 LD: 14

-Dazia has entered stealth and requires a LD 14+ to be found

Edited by Dazia

Mari chewed her lip when Freyd quickly introduced himself, then...excused himself. "Erm...." Was she being too harsh? Mari felt she had been pretty polite and welcoming, all things considered. She didn't shout at him or shove him away. Which - lets face it, if a guy dripping wet were to chase after you saying they dream about you....that would be a pretty normal reaction. Right? "Do ya think I upset him?" Mari asked Shirogane.  "It's not often someone says they've dreamed about me - I just...." Mari sighed as she shook her head. It was best not to dwell on it.

Mari shifted her gaze down to the papers - she should probably find somewhere to sit down and write these wishes. "Crozeph is the kind of person who enjoys his solitude - but I think he quite likes others, he just doesn't want to admit it." Mari said, clearly distracted as she began pacing around the small clearing within the bamboo forest. Finally finding a seat she sat down and smoothed the papers out on her lap. "I-" Mari paused, brush in hand as she looked up at Shirogane. "You....want to join the guild? I mean - yeh. Sure. We're not turning anyone away. But-"  but why ask me of all people? Mari Mari didn't voice her thought, instead she offered Shirogane a small smile. "But - all I can ask is that you do your best, and be active."

Mari looked down at the papers, there were five wishes to respond to. Odd. Mari thought. Generally there were no such prompts, but... this was a game after all.

Wish 1: 'What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

Spoiler

There wasn't really any reason Mari could find that would make her want to stay in Aincrad. She understood that wasn't what the question meant, but to her - the question could really only have one answer. Mari quickly wrote the response down. She thought it wise; that for not only her, but everyone - to have their time here as short as possible. She didn't like it here, she wasn't sure if anyone truly did. And, it had already been so long...just how much time did they have before their bodies all started dying out in the real world? It was a question many of them thought about - but few dared to answer.

For it to be as short as possible.

Wish 2: ' What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Spoiler

The better of the people around her? What would that mean? Would she write for them all to be happy? Calm? Complacent? Those were nice...but they felt off somehow. Mari didn't like the idea of people being happy and settling into a life here, but she knew she was just a sour ass when it came to things like that. So, putting brush to paper - Mari wrote something fairly pragmatic

Again, the answer was short. Mari had a small voice in the back of her head telling her she should take more time and care with these...but...as much as Mari loved the Tanabata festival - she just...didn't feel the need to put much thought into these particular wishes.

For them all to stay alive

Mari paused as she looked up. More people had arrived, and the area was becoming just as crowded as the main streets. Her attention briefly shifted to a stoic figure, which moved seamlessly across the path - broad shoulders, dark hair - and a mask fit for the festival. Damn Mari thought to herself, it wasn't very often that she found people attractive here, she could count them on one hand. There was something about him though.  Did he feel....familiar?

Mari coughed and turned her attention to Shirogane. "So...they're askin' us to write five of these things. Ya gonna write them all?"

[Wish  #1 and Wish #2]

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Shirogane @Alkor

Edited by Mari

His hair shifts to one side, and with it small brightly colored pink pedals along with sheets of paper he had begun to sift through. A sharpened point akin to metallic feather, it had been leagues since he had done something like this. It was strange doing an activity now he had not since he was a child, a soured nostalgia was bitter on his tongue. Why was he even filling out these superstitious tickets of hoped fortune?

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

Spoiler

For no new names to be drawn upon on the monument and that it would stay dormant and forgotten. That the lost are returned to those they were taken from so that a somber rest may fade and it would become easy to shut ones eyes. I wish for petty squabbles to become faded the same, stricken from the page of time and no longer used as an excuse to hide from the glaring problem: the army we face that holds us in seclusion in an unceasing nightmare under a bloodthirsty monarch attempting to bury us in an early grave. 

The inquiry was brash and rather specific, he didn't really need to hesitate on an answer but would leave them anonymous simply out of routine. Scratching the quill into the first it was vague and if some god was watching it should be benevolent enough to understand his meaning, he moves it off to the next in sequence.

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Spoiler

For them to learn from the mistakes I have made and from the roads I travel, to love who they are and fret not on an appeared facade to which they may be judged. To band together on the same stage against the flames of war and fight prepared with every advantage the world allows them to take, to rise against all tyranny and run those they face to pieces. To find the fields that have been pressed into a memory once more, instead of living on an imitation where at any moment they could find an edge of a blade.

The nomad was filled with the sense he was wasting his time as if he was directly impacting those that were unknowingly in his care with each passing second. But for some reason, he continued to look through the papers without being entirely sure why.

What would you wish for someone you care about?

Spoiler

True happiness and sanctuary from the hardships of this figment and the fangs of an opposing force that would see them harm, through paled reflections produced with this sole intention. To see that strength comes from within and that clarity overshadows physical bounds and a level is just a number, and that all have a part to play against the flames which aim to consume them. That the metal vice of wiring in an electric current locked on to their head becomes dislodged and would disconnect from this nightmare without threatening their life, to wake to a world before it forgets them for good.

Like steps through a desert under a pounding sun, each tanzaku filled out felt taxing and pointless.

What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Spoiler

That the past was equally laid to rest no longer predatory on their minds like a wolf in the brush, they could move forward without chains to hold them back and drag them to their knees. For them to see that problems are as a soul, carried by all but different in shape or flavor and their is no heroes in this world but simply a difference in choice. That they would chose to stand with one another in arms, wash their hands of their torment and pull up blades and shout the same cries of victory and success with their peers.

Perhaps the reason he could not stop his hand from moving, from filling out these small hopes and dreams was although he did not have faith he wished he did.

What would you wish for yourself?

Spoiler

That when the fire burns its brightest and threatens to sear my back in its heat. When blood salts the earth painting it crimson and thick I would be present and hold my ground. When this time comes that I am crossing swords with a titan and all seems lost I hold strong, That I will not fall from the flats of my feet until those at my back return safely. That they will not mourn me, but look to this robe in remembrance and a reason to keep going with no tears. That my words will still carry in their ears, and they escape this world.

Placing them together and moving them to one side, Raidou pockets the pen and leans forward over his knees with an attempted fix of the glasses missing from his nose. His boon was gone with his change in appearance, and all he could do was stare out at the lights that swayed on the surface of dark waters that threatened to consume them whole.

[Wish #1-5 Answered]

Edited by Raidou

Alkor took the brush and found himself a seat nearby, kneeling in formal seiza the way he felt was right and proper for the circumstances. He looked to the paper as it materialized from his inventory and considered the prompts that they gave. His gaze softened a big as he considered each of them. There were so many things he could say, but each of these things only offered him a single answer.

So for the first, he let the brush strokes fall angled in neat Japanese, albeit not calligraphy. He was only so traditional, after all.

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

人として、そして戦士として成長する。

To grow as a person, and as a warrior.

He took a deep breath. That was a simple answer, but one that suited his personality and his goals both old and new.

The hardest thing about growing up, he reflected, was to accept ones faults. In order to overcome barriers, one had to understand the barriers. To get where he was, he had already needed to overcome his anxiety and cooperate with people. Despite the discomfort it caused, he was still able to sit here, scrawling words across paper. 

Life wasn't some unnavigable maelstrom trying to suck him in and swallow him whole. He knew that now. It was time to start living by it.

The clothes he wore for this occasion were just a tad more formal than his usual attire, so he justifiably shifted once he finished the first prompt. There were others around now and they were bustling with activity- more than he had anticipated for the area he'd chosen.

With a soft sign from behind his mask, the swordsman resigned himself. 

[Prompt 1 complete]

Edited by Alkor