[PP-F09] Assassinate the <<Bandit Camp>>

Spoiler

Stats

Hidden
Level 54
[0] Hidden | 1100/1100 HP | 108/108 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 22 BH | 8 Holy | 108 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]
HP
108 Energy
4 Accuracy
2 Evasion
16 Base Damage
79 Mitigation
+5 Stealth Rating
22 Battle Healing

Gear
<<Nato's Might>>           // +8 Holy, 1 ACC, 1 Vampiric Offensive
<<Shadow's Silence>> // +54 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +9 DMG

Buffs

• Increased Out of Combat Regeneration by 5*Tier and Reduced Energy Cooldown to 2 Posts
  • Increased Hiding Skill by 1 Rank. 
  •  

Battle Ready Inventory

Skills

Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Hiding | Rank 4+1: +5 Stealth Rating
Light Armor | Rank 5: +25 Mitigation   
Battle Healing | Rank 2: +2% Max HP Recovery per turn.                             
E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
Disguise | +1 EVA til next turn - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

Athletics ~ +20 HP, +1 DMG
Precision ~ +1 ACC

Acrobatics ~ +1 EVA
Sneak Attack: Assassin ~ +3 DMG when attacking from Stealth, Attacks from Stealth are sure to hit. 
Vanish ~ Can use a Post Action in Combat to reenter stealth. Automatically reenters stealth upon killing blow. 

<<Bandit Camp>>

The white-haired girl walked slowly, accompanied by two guards from the floors main settlement. This time, she had allowed them to capture her as she didn't intend to sneak through the town. Today, she wore no hood. Purple eyes could be seen along with long silvery-white hair that was left down. However, long black sleeves covered her arms and black leggings covered her legs. To finish it off, a black fabric would cover her body ending in a short skirt. A dagger was seen strapped underneath her forearm. 

Shoved out of the city, the guards would offer her a warning for her returning. "Thanks for the lift guys." Hidden would reply to them and step forward onto the volcanic rock terrain. While she was far too high leveled for such a place, there was a quest she missed out on. She continued to step down the side of the volcanic hill towards the direction of the quest.

"I'm not a fan of disguises and assassinations" he told the guards as they explained to him the options he has when it comes to doing the quest, a quest he has postponed for so long. "There are four of them lad, they are bandits so don't go expecting they'd give you a clean fight" one of them told him as the cart continued on its journey. "I'm used to fighting multiple targets, I can't deal with them in one go but I can pick them off one by one" he replied. They shrugged their shoulders at his reply. Maybe they took it as a joke or maybe they're used to players like him acting them he knows what's best.

"I just need to find some way to gain some EXP and skill points to max my healing skill" he thought. It might be a good way to also hone his skills when it comes to using AoEs which he always fails to do right "if only I could hit a group of mobs in one blow without missing one" he thought. The cart stopped and soon enough he was in the mining area.

"You be careful there now lad, you never know what might happen in places like these and by that we mean what other people can do to you" the cart moved along and left him standing.

Crozeph shrugged his shoulder and looked at the place, a mine with trouble lies ahead. "Just like last time, make it quick and optimal" he thought.

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 47]
  | HP: 960/960 | EN: 94/94
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 54
  | FRZ: 1 | REC: 2 | BH: 28 | LD: 1

Total SP: 192
  Allocated: 190
  Remaining: 2

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath [T2 Perfect]
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code [T2 Perfect]
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

Hidden took a peek down the hill she traveled, finding another player was already standing where she intended to go. 'Shit, they better not steal the quest and make me wait for them to respawn.' She pushed off the hill, leaping a good distance before hitting the ground again. She skid down the rest of the hill and called out. "Hey! You aren't planning on taking on those bandits are you?" She closed the distance between her and the foreign player. 

She stopped before him, taking in his appearance. While she didn't know him, she felt a strange sense of familiarity in his eyes. A feeling of despondency crept into her heart as she looked at him. Her eyes squinted and she took a step back. "Do I... know you from somewhere?" She purposely wiped her forehead with her left hand, revealing plain to the boy her dagger that was strapped there. 

He was about to take another step to go deeper into the mining area when he heard someone "I heard a girl, there's a ghost woman in this place also?" he thought as he looked around. He wasn't even inside and he's already hearing things. "My mind is playing tricks on me again, I guess my nerve-gear was struck outside and…" his thought was broken when a girl landed and moved in closer asking him if he was to take on the bandits. Her appearance was surprising for Crozeph there was a sense of gentleness in her eyes and the graceful movement of her hair but the tone of her voice, familiar as if she is someone not to mess with "Schwarz?" he uttered but quickly covered his mouth with the sleeve of his haori.

"This girl is giving off strong Hidden vibes," he told himself. Things got worse when she asked him if she knew him somewhere while revealing her weapon, a dagger before him. Crozeph was already traumatized by how Hidden made him realize not to take dagger users lightly and this girl in front of him was starting to act like she was an instrument of déjà vu "whoa, whoa, I come in peace, I mean yeah I'm here to take on the bandits" he told her "I'm sure of it, this girl is Hidden's twin without being hidden." Crozeph took a step back with both his hands slightly raised "she looks cute though but why am I scared?" he asked himself again.

@Hidden

"whoa, whoa, I come in peace, I mean yeah I'm here to take on the bandits"

The white-haired girl shot him a look filled with confusion before rolling her eyes. "Alright, that's cute. Just stick behind me and get the experience and I'll take care of the rest." She stepped past him, hair flowing as she walked by. She couldn't get over that the man's features and voice were quite familiar, but something was off with it. A different emotion than she was used to perhaps? Maybe it was a guy she had seen in passing before. 

"Just uh.. don't get in the way or anything." she stepped down the mineshaft, catching a few tents around a fire in the center in the distance. A sadistic smile flashed on her face before she crouched down, the shadow's bending around her figure until her body became transparent. The sound of her footsteps faded as she entered hiding. 'Four targets. As long as that guy stays out of the way, none of them will know i'm coming.' 

161432 LD:8+5=13 Stealth Rating. 

Safe, for now. The girl seemed to know what she is doing and Crozeph sort felt like he was leeching off her skills in this quest "I mean I'd be willing not get in your way if you want me to…" she disappeared after a few minutes as soon as the campsite was visible. Tents, some logs to sit on and a campfire in the center, it looked like a vacation spot for him. With the girl blending with her surroundings, Crozeph was sure of it, she is going to do the opposite of what he was planning to do.

Crozeph opened his inventory and tried to switch out a vanity weapon, it would be a pain if Skadi suddenly bursts out icicles if he attacks "this should be enough to fend them off, at least she didn't have the disguise…" as he stood still, one of the bandits had already disappeared from the campfire and a dagger was placed under his chin "why are you here?" he asked Crozeph.

A sudden turn of events, while he had no plan of hiding, it looked like he stood out too much that one of the bandits spotted him quick. "This is humiliating, I bet Schwarz is looking at me now with disappointment in her face just like…" yes, for sure it would be like how Hidden looks at him. "I-I'm just here to gather some materials," he told the bandit behind him "we may be called bandits but we are not fools!" the man took his vanity pickaxe and pushed him forward by using the pointy end of the dagger.

"Boys, we got ourselves one of those paid adventurers who are sent to finish us off," he told the three sitting. Crozeph was slammed on one of the logs to sit while one of them held his pickaxe "how bold of you to come here alone, perhaps we should take our time killing you" he told Crozeph. On the bright side, no one seems to have seen the girl who was with him earlier and Crozeph sighed at the thought of it "is there gonna be a massacre?" he thought.

Slipping by the shadows, she found herself in the perfect position for ambush. Her opponents were nothing more than sitting ducks. She could take them out completely unnoticed. That was... until the other player decided to waltz straight in. She watched as her opponents also entered stealth, appearing behind her temporary ally. Within seconds he was thrown to the side and taunted as they prepared to attack him, flaunting their victory over him. Disappointment grasped her heart as she moved forward, unhappy with the outcome. 'Dumbass player could have literally just sat there. But nooooo, he had to go and get himself captured.' 

She attacked the first bandit that held a pickaxe for a weapon, the one that spoke directly to the other player. Slipping a dagger into his back, a holy white light would blaze through his body, reducing his body to nothing but ashes. As he fell, any trace that could have marked her arrival vanished into nothing. She sunk back into the darkness as the bandits began to panic.

"What the hell!" One of them asked aloud. "What happened to him? What did you do?" They turned on Crozeph, weapons raised as they awaited his answer. 

[0] Hidden | 1100/1100 HP | 108/108 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 22 BH | 8 Holy | 108 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]

Bandit A | 0/100 | 90 DMG

162299 (Assassin) BD:9 -> Holy Activated. 16+9=25+3=28*13=364 DMG

Enemy Defeated. Vanish activated!
162300 LD:7. 7+5=12 Stealth Rating.

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time

162300 4 7 7 5 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Stealth Check 2020-07-31 11:23:31
162299 9 11 17 4 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Bandit A 2020-07-31 11:23:03
  • 4 weeks later...

It was faint but Crozeph knew it was the girl, it seemed like some kind of stealth and while he felt it, he didn't see where and when she attacked. He only saw the one holding a pickaxe drop and shattered like his soul was robbed from him and the body just shriveled to nothingness. "H-hey I think one of your friends is…" the bandits turned hostile on him and asking what did he do. Crozeph raised both his hands assuring them he had no weapon "ch-chotto matte!" he uttered "I should be the one asking, I'm the hostage here" he told them.

One of the bandits quickly grabbed the pickaxe dropped by his accomplice and pointed it at Crozeph "lies! You are the only one who's not with us here" the bandit snarled at Crozeph who remained seated like a lost kid on the log "look Bandido, I have no weapon and if I did resist it would be too fucking obvious" Crozeph replied. The others began looking around them "are you sure there is only this half-wit there?" the third bandit asked "I am sure, we all have stealth detection here right?" his fellow bandit replied "I don't have stealth detection" Crozeph chimed in. "You shut your mouth! I'm gonna split your head if I hear another word!" the bandit holding the pickaxe yelled at him.

@Hidden

It was amusing to see the bandits freak out for a moment and beginning to search for something to blame. She remained crouched, only five meters away from the mayhem. At first, the enemy began to blame the clueless white-haired idiot that they had captured. However, Hidden at least had to give the stranger props for helping keep the bandits distracted as well as providing some comic relief. Perhaps, some people in this world had their own uses.

She moved in once more, brandishing her weapon as she moved to the next bandit that threatened her ally. Slipping around, she would jab the weapon into his rib cage. The bandit would writhe for a moment, sputtering before he became nothing. She remained in hiding, a sadistic smile playing on her lips. This was the first time she had used her completed build and it was amusing to see it all come together. 

"What! This dolt's protected by god or something! I am getting out of here!" That particular bandit rushed away, making a break for the camp's exit. Alone, the last bandit held his weapon pointed at Crozeph. "Make any sudden moves and I'll skewer you!" he said angrily.

166203 BD:1 -> Auto-hit. DMG: 16+3*13= 247 DMG to Bandit B. Bandit Killed, Vanish Activated.
166204 LD:9+5=14 Stealth Rating

Bandit B | 0/100 | 90 DMG

He knew that it was the girl's doing as another one of the bandit died. That however doesn't diminish the quality of terror enveloping the area. It almost felt like they were inside a supernatural slasher movie and the remaining bandits kept on blaming him for the death of another one. "Let's kill this guy already before he kills us all" one of the two said "it's not my fault I don't have any weapon right now, you think I can just kill someone using my hands? Well, I could do it but not this…" one bandit took a swing and Crozeph managed to dodge by a hair's breadth "now our sanity is spiraling downwards" he told them.

"Don't you dare move!" a bandit rummage inside a sack lying down and took out a rope "tie him down" he said. The other bandit gave him an annoyed stare "this guy just killed two from our group without us knowing how and you want me to tie him?" he said. Crozeph scratched his head, he's been trying to sense the girl but she was already back in the shadows and if she keeps on toying with her prey including him as her side dish, then things will really go down to him getting attacked "if I try to pull out Skadi she might get mad" he thought.

Crozeph moved back again as the bandit swung an axe at him "seriously? That rope looks weak and there's only two of you and attacki…" the fight continued. Crozeph felt stupid putting himself in a handicap by having no weapon equipped but then he had to think about what the girl told him to not interfere with her killing the bandits. Crozeph pulled out crude Judo moves on the bandit with an axe but the second one hit him with a rock on the head "tie him down! We'll make sure he dies slowly" the bandit holding an axe stood up but to his dismay, the bandit ran away after landing that rock to the player's head shouting something about being protected by god or something. Crozeph stood on his knees and ran towards him spearing forward and tackling to the ground. It was like two kids fighting and without his katana, Crozeph could only hold them back and not kill them as much as he wanted to.

@Hidden

The bandits became even more freaked out as the second of their group fell without a trace as to where the enemy was. They quickly became even more chaotic, beginning to actually attack her ally. He managed to dodge the blows, but it was kinda amusing to see them blame him for her actions. She crept forward, her dagger aimed at the right side of one of the bandit's lower back. Her dagger slid in without issue, the enemy pixelating just as his allies had. Her Vanish activated again, but this time, she stepped out of hiding, revealing herself. "Well, that got old rather quick..." she would state as her body became visible. 

The final bandit looked to her wide eyed and began to shout angrily. "YOU! It was you that killed them, wasn't it!" Hidden would only nod to confirm the obvious. The bandit raised his axe, slashing down towards her. With ease, she moved out of the weapon's path and smacked her opponent's hand forcing him to drop the weapon. "Tsk tsk, you actually thought that would work?" The bandit began to sprint away. "Man, just as we were getting along." She said sarcastically. She leaned against the nearby wall to the mine. She would look to her companion. "Well? Are you going to sit there or go get him?" 

166610 BD:2 (Auto-hit) Bandit Killed
166611 MD:3: Bandit D misses.

0] Hidden | 1100/1100 HP | 80/108 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 22 BH | 8 Holy | 108 Vamp. Off [Rested 2/2]

Bandit C | 0/100 | 90 DMG
Bandit D | 100/100 | 90 DMG

Crozeph was startled when the girl appeared and crawl backward a few inches "goddamn it! I hate that skill" he uttered to himself. It would spell trouble if the girl heard what he said. "Bring him here alive to you? I guess we're like natural born killers for now" he thought. He stood up and dusted off some dirt off his yukata and turned his eyes to the escaping bandit.

Crozeph ran, with what evasion ability he has right now he managed to catch the bandit and grabbed him by the collar "a lady with would like to have a word with you so it's kinda rude to turn your back from her" he told the bandit. The last bandit brandished a dagger and swung around him trying to hit Crozeph but the player dodged and retaliated by tackling him to the ground.

A few minutes later Crozeph dragged the bandit and dropped him beside the girl, his hands tied behind him and a sock on his mouth, probably from Crozeph. "Here's the last one, how should we eat him?" he asked her. The bandit wriggle and mumbled as he heard him, it was a joke for Crozeph but not for the bandit "what is normal for a spider is chaos to a fly, such as the illusion of peace" Crozeph muttered. For some reason, he also fears a bit uneasy with her, something about killing with ease despite them having the semblance of being human, or were they? he never knows, only that the girl with him in the area is dangerous and the orange marker is proof of that.

Hidden's eyes were met with surprise at the sight of Crozeph returning with the bandit. "Here's the last one, how should we eat him?" Hidden's surprised look instantly faded and became mere confusion. "Wha... I don't eat people or NPC's. I thought you were joking, I simply figured you'd just go ahead and kill him." She sighed, she supposed she must have screwed up the communication. "Don't worry, I'll finish it since you went to the trouble." 

Hidden stopped leaning on the wall, stepping forward with her dagger brandished. "However, its no fun if he can't struggle." She removed the gag from his mouth and cut the ties on his hands. Then, she would throw him one of his fallen friends weapons. "There you are. Now, I suppose let's finish this." 

"You damned [censored], you think this is funny? You see, you can keep killing and killing me, but I will always respawn. You will soon know the consequences of treating us this way." A frown set upon Hidden's face. "You sure are ranting something crazy. I don't like you mouthy types." 

The bandit rushed forward with his curved sword his face contorted with his own desperation. A smile sat on the huntress's face as she prepared for him to walk straight into her dagger. However, the bandit did something unexpected. He dropped the weapon midair, Hidden's eyes continued to follow its path through the air. In the moment of distraction, the Bandit slammed his fist into her face.

The only thing that went against his plan was that the girl didn't even flinch from his strike. She stood still, her eyes darkening. "That wasn't very kind of you, now was it. You shouldn't strike a girl's face." 

The bandit stepped back, fear striking him as her health bar immediately returned to full. "Monster!" Hidden twirled her dagger in her hand. "Some have called me that before, yes. Of course, I never liked being called by random names." 

167083 1 2 15 9 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Bandit D

0] Hidden | 1100/1100 HP | 80/108 EN | 16 DMG | 79 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 22 BH | 8 Holy | 108 Vamp. Off 

Bandit D | 100/100 | 90 DMG

Crozeph heard it, the girl clearly stated that she doesn't want to be called by random names. If sweat was real in the game he'd be filling a glass of it, all the clay lead to making bricks. A girl with a dagger who can vanish and kills skillfully and add that last statement, it was a recipe that points to Hidden. Crozeph looked at her, his eyes squinted a little as he grabbed the bandit and slammed him on the ground again "just kill me already" he told Crozeph. "Well so much for meeting someone new, why do I always end up meeting people who are quite scary," he thought. "Maybe you need to fight for your life or fight for your death, whichever," he told the bandit.

He placed his hands inside his sleeves and distanced himself from the bandit and Hidden but somehow he can't help but talk, a rare occurrence. "You remind me of someone, she seemed like a nice person if you play your cards right but I guess for people like me, it's nothing but a wish, for I can only pull joke cards," he told her. After the bandit is disposed of he'll make a run for it "shit! shit! shit! she's like Hidden 2.0"  he thought. The quest is about to end and Crozeph is already thinking of a hundred ways to escape, if there's something that Hidden thought him, learn to appreciate fear as a way of survival.

Hidden smiled as she stepped forward. Her partner, slamming the foe into the ground. If she was going to fight, then he might as well stay out of it she supposed. But, the bandit was given a fighting chance and hadn't won. She raised her dagger into the air and plunged it into the enemy's back. Within a second, his body was reduced to pixels and her eyes would fall onto her partner. 

"I suppose you didn't entirely screw everything up so... good job I guess?" She sheathed her weapon, and stepped past him. As she was a few steps away from him she would state, "You are free from your servi-" she cut off for a moment. "I mean, t-thanks for letting me help." She had been focusing on sounding nicer to others, and this was her way of showing it. 

All she had to do now was to and collect her reward and continue on to her next quest. 

@Crozeph

167125 7 5 19 4 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Bandit D

• 2 weeks later...

Her words where somewhat sounding a slightly like an aristocrat, given how her dress is looking really nice, Crozeph played along even though she changed her choice of words before she could finish "glad to be of good service to you mademoiselle"  he said as he bowed a little. Things went well for both and for a moment Crozeph thought that he'd get another dagger pointed between his eyes. It was also a good choice to tuck his katana away, no one is going to be intentionally wound themselves using his katana. The fate of the bandits were quite tragic but what is chaos to them is normal for Crozeph the girl who was with him. 

"Oh by the way if you ever need help I can lend a hand again"  he told her "I'm not that good when it comes to other things but i can help keep health bars in check and deal good damage" he added. Time for them to collect the rewards and at that point they would part ways with a high chance of never meeting again so at least Crozeph could introduce himself I'm Crozeph but some people call me Crow" he told her as he fixes his katana strapped in his waist and his yukata.

• 2 weeks later...

"glad to be of good service to you mademoiselle"

An unamused look attached itself to her face as he once again called her by something random. What was up with people and doing that? She shook her head and sighed, returning her attention to preparing to move out. She strapped the dagger back to her arm, securing it just tight enough that it wouldn't fall out of place. His voice drew her attention once more, her head turning to look at him as he spoke.

Oh by the way if you ever need help I can lend a hand again" Her face was apathetic as he continued as she doubted she would ever need 'help' from some random boy she met. "Yeah yeah, sure. I'll keep it in mind." 

I'm Crozeph but some people call me Crow" Her eyes would widen and muscles would tighten at this moment. Her body became lead as her mind entirely froze. Confusion crept into her heart, disbelief filling her lungs. Finally, discontent rushed through her body like blood. 

'Crozeph? Him? Here? No. That idiot is going to catch me off guard like this.' Her eyes became cold as her body once again portrayed signs of life. "Thought a makeover is gonna make you actually useful or something?" She would ask him with cold annoyance. She turned away, opting to not look at him. "I didn't need your help today, just so you know. You should know that I'd only bring you along somewhere out of pity." While her voice blasted cold words, any with the ability to see through her guise would know she was just trying to hide her own confusion and embarassment. 

"And just 'cause you can see my face now doesn't mean you can think you can call me names or something like that. Don't need something as stupid as Medea sticking." She huffed as her outburst ended, her face trying to mask any emotion that it could betray. 

Her reply was expected or Crozeph kind of expected her to be annoyed. He was trying to at least let himself be known. He never liked people who were acting nice just for the sake of gaining something. Yuki showed him that anyone can be nice without a hidden agenda. Then there are people like her, the girl with him who seemed to do things her own and be rude when people around her starts to annoy her."She does act like Hidden, if I saw Hidden's face back then this would be a whole lot easier because I'm not gonna pin that name on anyone who acts like a tsundere" he thought.

Then he saw her reaction upon hearing his name…

Crozeph noticed the change in her expression as if she knew him or maybe knew people like him."Does she know me somewhere?" he asked himself. There's no way that Crozeph could remember her face. It was his first time seeing her but somehow her words are beginning to make sense....

A makeover?useful?out of pity?Medea?
Medea… Medea?!

At that moment Crozeph only knew someone he called that name, it was a reference to the witch so crafty it was scary. If sweat was able to bead so fast in game it would for him. There was no time to waste and he only knew one way to make this conversation end well… run away. Crozeph began walking fast as if he was secretly trying to run away from her "walk fast and if she's a few feet apart make a dash for it" he thought as his pacing began to speed up. It felt like a scene in a movie where a person saw the face of someone dangerous and his life is now in danger because of that. "I saw her face! shit! shit! shit! she won't make this easy" he thought. No time to waste if she's still near or far just make a dash for it and that was all he could think of for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hidden watched as the boy quickly began to walk away, putting distance between the pair. She sighed, and turned away to attempt to calm herself down. She let Crozeph wander away, she didn't need him around anyway. She didn't even need to be here anymore. However, she was unsure as to why he tried to escape so quickly. Her mind floated to her to one idea. 'Am I just that ugly?' she questioned herself. Raidou was far to detached from those kinds of feelings to have given his opinion. 

She shook the feeling of diffidence and faced forward. She had more things to being doing, not thinking about what someone like Crozeph thought of her. Stepping back to the main city, she would take one look back for Crozeph before teleporting off.

The question was... what quest next? She was nearing the limit in the amount could take on by herself. She didn't feel right bugging Yuki or Raidou into doing it with her either. She wasn't going to bring Crozeph, his combat skills left something to be desired. Far too much....

Back in the settlement...

He dodged a bullet, in a form of a girl with a dagger. He wasn't sure why he was scared of her, maybe it's the memory of him seeing his face melt off hers or her unpredictability. Crozeph wandered into a tavern and looked for a table in the corner where he could sit and eat in peace while reevaluating the quest that they have done. It was fun and a little scary to be the bait but with both of them not knowing that they know each other, Crozeph noticed how things worked well and successfully completed it without him getting stabbed by either Hidden or the bandits. His thoughts were broken when a tavern attendant served him a plate of roasted meat and a mug of ale to which he gave thanks before resuming his thoughts on it.

"It's kind of funny how she can work well with people as long as they're not pissing her off" he uttered to himself. It's not like both of them weren't able to take down a queen bee, problems only arise when he fails to do his job of being a DPS. "Reminds me of Mari back then..." he took a bite and opened his stat menu "...this should be helpful" scared or not, Crozeph tried to think of how Hidden can be appeased and hope that no one would be stupid enough to give her random nicknames "though I only called her Medea and acted like some kind of knock-off gentleman to match her look" he said trying to defend his own blunder "pissed off or not she can work well with others, unless other people are not too forgiving hearing her snap at them but hey, start a fire and someone stupid is bound to get burned" he shrugged his shoulder and tried to refocus his thoughts on how to invest his rewards and experience for his stats.

Knowing the girl, they would eventually meet again Aincrad may be a big place but it is also a small world for players. At least he knows what she looks like and be careful about spouting nonsense names again.