[PP // F01] The First Few Lessons are Free

As the questions were answered one by one Asmura felt like she was getting to know the red-headed women little by little. At this point she would even venture so say that they were no longer strangers, but friends. At least, that was how she felt. Listening as she scoured the clearing for more collectible material her wandering gaze landed on another mushroom. "Autumn is also my favorite season. Jumping a pile of leaves was the best feeling." Asmura commented while making her way over to the mushroom that had caught her eye, "Halloween was the best part." Memories of Halloween's spent going from house to house searching for sugary goodness were vivid. Prior to her...accident she had loved Halloween. "When I did go trick or treating, I would dress up as Anne Bonney, or Anne Dieu-Le-Veut."  The ladies named were just some of the famous female pirates of the seven seas. Hearing Vie state that only a few more materials needed to be collected reminded her of the strange velvety ocean blue mushroom that had been found. Finally arriving at the spot where the velvet mushroom resided, she bent down and simply plucked in from the ground. 

"If I remember correctly," Asmura started, turning the mushroom in her hand, "Only two more. Right?" For the first time since being stuck in this game Asmura was so close to completing her first quest. It was hard to believe. One day struggling to enter the enter the shop, and then a few days later going off with a stranger to complete a quest. In only a few days she had grown far past what she thought she could. "What’s the highest floor you’ve been to? What was it like?” Asmura question, turning to face Vie again and showing her the velvet mushroom. Out of all of them this one was her favorite so far. It was soft to the touch and a beautiful shade of blue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Material collected: 3/5

Spoiler
163821 6 2 10 2 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Quest Material Collection 2020-08-06 07:52:34

Success per quest standards

Edited by Asmura

Vie's mind wandered away from the girl who recounted numerous memories fondly it seemed, she continued to follow in her footsteps. Mushroom after mushroom, she felt it may be getting a bit boring apart from the bright daylight. Not to mention it had been such a dreary atmosphere in the first place. Leaf corpses crunch beneath their feet with each step, trees lean over as if to impair their view... It felt like none of the plant life had seen light in years. Nonetheless, the female once more immediately refocused on protecting the younger soul, watching her leave her side briefly only to pick yet another fungi. "Yup, just two!" She hoped the near end to their successful hunt would keep the girl motivated, though it felt like a shame since they met mere seconds ago. 

The small girl's question brings up various thoughts, her expression and movement slow to a halted frown as she sinks into remembrance of around week or so ago. A sandy floor of annoyance that nearly devoured a friend whole- only for the foe to immediately crystalize and dissipate at the blade of Freyd's sword. It was a frightening instant yet a dear one at the same time. The first time she had realized how important power had been to the game, though that was something she would've known in the first place as it's how many games function generally. Nonetheless, the thought that the girl could've died right then and there in front of her eyes had an effect on her. "I... nearly saw someone die. She was well protected thanks to guild members, but the idea that it was a possibility is... Scary. You know? I'm really glad she was alright," she monologues right after the lengthy pause and then turns silent. After awhile she speaks with a bit of sadness in her tone, "I'm grateful for them. They're wonderful people." Eventually changing the subject with, "Try to gather a few more materials and how about we gaze at the happy trees again? It's a bit gloomy here."

The thought at only two more materials needed to be collected brought forth a feeling of bitter-sweetness. Once they were collected it would be the adventure was over, and Asmura wasn't sure she was ready for that. It had been nice to be able to hang out with another player and actually get to know someone. It then dawned on the girl that a tense, sudden silence echoed through the clearing. The sound of leaves crunching under soles of feet and the wind rustling was could be hear clear as day. The follow-up silence caused the young girl to turn around. Kyanite orbs landed on the red-haired women. The look on Vie's face was recognizable. As Asmura was about to open her mouth and provide a way out of answering the question Vie started to answer her question. It was an answer that should not have shocked Asmura, but it had. Almost seeing other players die was not something Asmura had experienced yet--and there was no desire to. Although, it couldn't be helped. It was the nature of SAO and those that chose to risk their lives to beat the game. 

Unaware of her own actions the young girl approached the older women. By the time Vie glanced back up Asmura would have been right in front of her; gazing up at her with a saddened and worried gaze. The change in subject was enough of hint to end the conversation there. Still, a desire to bring some sort of comfort was burning bright. Slowly the raven-haired girl reached out and gently grasped the girls hand. I'm glad they were there too. Then curious orbs landed on another...surprise, another mushroom. This one orange and fuzzy. "Look at that one!" Asmura shouted, glee evident in her voice, "It's orange." Carefully the young girl brought Vie with to her to the mushroom before going to pick it up. Grasping it she started to pull, and pull, and pull. Nothing. Releasing Vie's hand she then grasped both hands around the base of the mushroom and started to pull again. Suddenly, her small form toppled backwards and she found herself staring up the blue sky. Without meaning to warm laugh made it's way past her lips. "Whoops!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Material collected: 3/5

Spoiler
164533 9 11 1 7 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Quest Material Collection 2020-08-08 15:05:45

Per quest rules Fail

Edited by Asmura

The weight of possibility was alleviated with a gaze and human touch which emitted a soothing effect to the older woman's anxiousness. Gazing upon the small girl's hand as she led her to yet another mushroom's habitat, the warm hold parted as she used all her might to uproot the mushroom. Unsuccessful, Vie saw her lose balance and attempted to catch her- though before she was able to, the raven haired girl was staring up at the aoi sky. The giggles that spurted out similar to a geiser drew a grin to the red haired girl's face. 'Silly, didn't you learn?' Thinking back to the beginning of their gathering journey to when she, too, fell. Though face first. After admiring Asmura's determination... Sort of crouching down beside her, she offers a hand to the smaller person parting her lips to say, "Are you alright?" concern evident though bits of laughter escaping between words may have been interpreted as otherwise unintentionally. "Just a few more left and you're scot-free to go sky gazing," the warmth in tone felt sort of comforting, moments of laughter felt homely and familiar in a strange way. The small girl seemed like family that needed to be protected with every molecule of her being, perhaps those emotions were just a form of maternal instincts.

For just a moment all that could be seen was dense leaves and the think, gargled branches of the trees that surrounded them. Barely any light was able to penetrate the fullness of the treetop. However, if one looks close enough small hole could be observed that had sunlight shyly peeking through. For a moment Asmura was lost in the beauty of it. It was a sudden movement out of the corner of her eye that brought her back to reality. Sudden bright, red hair was blocking the view and the younger girl blinked away the shock. It was Vie. Although a smile highlighted her features and laughter had snuck in between words there still was a hint of concern lingering as well. "I'm good," Asmura giggled before bringing herself to a sitting position. It was only then that she noticed that a hand had been offered. Reaching out and grasping firmly the younger girl allowed Vie to assist her up. "Do you think that after this would could go sky gazing with me? It's always better with a friend." 

As Asmura was on her way to noticed a bright yellow flower sticking out of the ground right next to Vie. The right color seemed out of place in the shady, dank undergrowth. That is different. Asmura thought as she made her way to flower. Not having to kneel far she placed a hand over the flower and it brought of the title <<Marsh Marigold.>> Picking the flower up with one hand she turned to Vie once again. "We could even do a picnic!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Material collected: 4/5

Spoiler
164701 7 10 15 1 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Quest Materials Collection 2020-08-10 10:16:41

Success!

The giggle released had brought her reassurance that the smaller girl was alright. Her hand was taken, and she assisted Asmura to her feet. Listening to the soft unsure words the redhead replied "Wouldn't miss the opportunity," her smile widening. She was glad that she had even been invited to such an event, outside of the game she'd definitely had been left out of such parties. Her existence was usually ignored completely by others despite the bright colored hair. The small person bent over and picked up yet another flower. "A picnic sounds marvelous! maybe we'll see fluffy cloud animals," her excitement was difficult to contain, leaking out between pauses in dialogue. "I'll definitely have to ask a chef friend to come along. Maybe yogi will come by!" Her gaze is brought down from the treetops to the thousands of bark-covered trees. It felt like sunlight was nearly visible, almost as if you could reach out and grasp it... Just a little further and sunlight would seep into their virtual skin, carrying them away to the finish line. 

The smile that came to Asmura's face could have lite up a pitch-black room. This was the happiest she had been since joining the game and it was quickly becoming an obsession. To hear that it didn't have to end after this quest was all the better. Although there was some excitement around meeting new players it was always paired with more than a hint of anxiety. "Chef friend?" Asmura confusion evident in her voice, "Yogi?" Are they the same player? As she waited for an answer another flower was spotted next to where the previous Marsh Marigold was. As Asmura reached out to pluck the flower out of the ground it suddenly shattered into the rainbow pixels. Quickly drawing her hand away and stepping back in surprise wide eyes watched as the pixels disappeared. That was odd. Deciding it was a fluke in the system she turned to Vie again. "We can even bring a blanket to lay and ear one!" 

As the young girl gazed around to find more materials, she realized that only one more was needed. Maybe she could pick the last one in the field on the way back to Zack's. Plus, the dark forest was getting gloomy. "Do you want to head back? I can get the last material in the field before we go to town."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Material collected: 4/5

Spoiler
164849 5 3 4 5 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Gather Quest Materials 2020-08-12 12:04:36

Failed roll per quest guidelines. :(

Edited by Asmura

"Ahh, a really nice guild friend is the chef I'm referring to. Kiluia one of the first few I met here," she spoke having forgotten that she likely hadn't come across him quite yet though it was inevitable. Watching the flower dissipate in front of their eyes, she's unsure how to comfort the girl towards her unsuccessful attempts deciding to slip in "Don't worry, there's enough to create a dozen bouquets out in the fields." Their attention suddenly altered to alternative objectives, Vie nods in agreement to the idea of returning to the sunshine. Adding "Perhaps it'll be easier to find materials too! Less places for them to hide." They travel on the withered dirt escape route that leads them to the warm sunshine. As they reach to the edge of the forest, the redhead steps over the border between dark and light she raises her arms in the air taking in the rays. She twirls around a few times, eventually dropping her hands behind her back as if taking some kind of query pose leaning forwards a little. "Adventuring with you is so much fun, I'm unsure why," her tone is thankful as a smile graces her face, observing that the non-suffocating air feeling absurdly refreshing to breathe in. Her gaze is of appreciation to the time well spent, averted temporarily to contemplate how she'll spend her next few days- a slight frown now on her face.

• 2 weeks later...

As they approached the boarder of light and dark the other girl moved forward in broke past the barrier first. Her form was quickly over taken with the light of the sunshine and for a moment Asmura froze. Arms up and out, Vie stated that it was fun to adventure with her and turned an infectious smile her way. Stepping out into the light as well a wide, toothy grin grew on the raven haired girls features. "You're fun to adventure with too." Asmura stated, sharing her own grin and moving to look up at Vie, "I'm glad we met." In the short amount of time Vie had shown Asmura that she didn't have to be alone. That there were players in this game who would give her time to adjust and learn to be confident; and that was world changing for the young girl. Standing next to her new found friend the young girl overlooked the filed. It appeared to be a quiet day for adventures as there was only a few groups lingering about. 

As the duo continued forward the young girl bend down to pick what could potentially be the final quest material. The stem of the flower gave in her hand and she showed it to Vie. "We did it!" Asmura grinned, jumping up and down in excitement. "Let's go complete the quest and then talk more about this picnic? Also, if it's okay, I wanna hear more about the guild." Asmura placed the last material in her inventory and then turned toward Vie, lacked on to her hand, and then started back towards the town. "Like, what kind of people are in the guild? Who leads it? Where is the headquarters located?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Material collected: 5/5

Spoiler
165758 1 1 19 6 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Gather Quest Materials 2020-08-22 13:23:05

Success!

Edited by Asmura

The redhead watched the young girl pluck the flower and lay in her palms, showing it off. A smile grows on her face as Vie is glad for the girl's achievement, "Congratulations!" Right after their small pause to celebrate she's a little surprised by the amount of questions yet decides to answer them. Her expression changes from one of glee to a more serious alternative. As the obsidian haired girl takes her hand and travels with her back to Zackariah's house a bit of externally non-existent smoke streams out of the older woman's head seemingly released by mental gears turning, searching for an answer.

After a bit of contemplation, she figures out what to say to the young one. "I'd say the guild is a made up of extremely helpful people who're both incredibly welcoming and able to go out of their way to give you advice along your journey," she elaborates on how people behave and what they're willing to do despite feeling a bit of deja vu. As the two get a little closer to their destination and more time is spent on thinking, Vie molds yet another answer setting it free and hoping that it satisfies what Asmura had been expecting of her. "The leader's Raidou, though I don't know much about him quite yet he seems to genuinely care about everyone despite feeling far away." As the redhead responds to yet another of the girl's questions as their adventure continues, feeling almost never ending. "Our headquarters is on Floor 22, a relatively safe floor in my brief experience. All that I've heard is notable about it has been some sort of lake, a forest, and waterfalls. I haven't quite gotten to explore the floor myself yet either though. I suppose we could see it ourselves after this quest if you're interested. I think we have some empty rooms that we'd be able to stay the night at."

With the eagerness of a kid waiting for midnight on Christmas Asmura listened to what the older red head had to say. Some of the information provided was like their brief conversation prior to this one. However, not all of it. As the duo continued to chat and talk, they made their way across the lush, green fields into town. Before Asmura even knew it they were standing in front of the door to shop that Zackariah owned. It was funny to think that only a couple of hours ago she was struggling to enter the shop.

More confident than before, Asmura entered the shop with Vie. A small, clear “ding” resonated through the building that appeared to be unoccupied. Suddenly, just as before, there was Zackariah coming from the back. As if reading a script, he greeted the pair and asked what they needed. Gliding up to the older male Asmura started the process of completing the question. As the quest materials were turned over a wide, childlike grin stretched across his smooth features. “Thank you for collecting these,” He stated, accepting the items, “Come with me.”

Without another word they entered the back of the shop. He guided her to a table and started to talk once again, “I need your help making something, please, grind this down.” And with that Asmura started to work at grinding the quest materials down. It was hard work, but determination kept her going. After grinding she mixed the powder into a funny gray liquid. With a small “poof” the liquid turned red.

“Nice job!” Zackariah warmly stated, beaming a small player, “This is a health potion. Now, what I need you to do is take it to the blacksmith, if you will?”

~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler
166537 6 7 5 4 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Quest Objective - making potion 2020-08-27 13:22:05

Per quest guidelines Rare Quality - Success.

Vie walked through the entrance to the store with Asmura, the redhead glanced around at everything as if it had been a millennia since she had seen the place. The reality was that it had been a few hours at most. Gazing probably erily at the older male, the strange smile that creeped onto Zackariah's face had been interpreted as absolutely bizarre to the older female. He always bore this sort of neutral slightly disappointed expression towards Vie that she hadn't imagined that he was capable of emoting any other sort of way.

As the two make their way into the back, the older girl shadows their actions- eventually acting proud of Asmura as if she had in fact being the one teaching her the craft of brewing potions instead. "Good job!" her exclamation had accompanied the chemist's. As Zackariah tells her to deliver the package to the blacksmith, Vie's expression turns into something more frown-like- upset at the male for making the younger person run around and do his errands. Despite this,  the girl suddenly rushes towards the front in search of a pen and paper to draw some sort of map for the younger female so she'd not get as lost as she had previously. When the rough sketch gets drawn she hands it over to Asmura, "This is just in case. We don't want you getting lost." She comments as the map lands in the younger girl's hands. After a moment she continues, "Still up for skygazing?" The taller female asks with a smile.

• 3 weeks later...

"Yes!" Asmura grinned, nodded her head vigorously as the question. The young imagined herself lounged on the soft, green grass staring up at the dark starry sky with Vie. The cool wind making the grass tickle their skin as it blows over the wide-open land. The twinkling lights above glowing and creating constellations and planets. It would probably have been the most normal activity that had been done since entering the game. "Have you gone before?" Asmura questioned as the two maneuvered the street toward the blacksmith's, "I know that sometime I look toward the sky when I can't sleep at night, but it's different when not looking at it through a window."

The more the young girl thought about it the more she found herself getting distracted. Feeling like she was going the wrong way kyanite orbs glanced down at the map that Vie had provided. Relief flooded over her when she realized that they were in fact going the right way. The next question on the tip of Asmura's tongue was when to go, but that could wait after the completed the quest. There would be time to catch-up and get to know each other. Reminding herself of the nervous energy felt started to relax. They were going to see each other again, and they would have even more time to talk. 

• 2 weeks later...

The excited agreement was sort of refreshing or relaxing in comparison to the several weeks of constant combat... In this moment, she thought back to those nights where she'd take a long walk while her outstretched cupped hands caught the fragmented light reflected from raindrops that hailed down from the sky. Taking a sharp exhale, she smiled a genuine smile unforced and unwavering towards the smaller girl. "I'd love to stare at the stars with someone, I've... never gotten the opportunity before," the words enunciated in a tone that hadn't quite come from the female before- completely rejuvenated in some way. Her mind wondered a bit, imagining the scene, ultimately settling on proclaiming that "Maybe we'll have a firefly catching contest," the statement complete with a hint of laughter.

Referring to the map once more, they took a few turns and... Finally they they happened upon the supposed 'correct' building, she opened the familiarly styled wooden door and led the younger girl inside to where they exchanged greetings with the one of the name Lyle. With the quest having acted out to its finish, she parted with Asmura after sending a friend request and a few words, "Contact me at whenever you wish, I'm up for joining you for stargazing whenever you happen to be free." Trusting that the girl could handle herself just fine.

Edited by Vie

"Sounds good," Asmura called, a small hand waving frantically in the air, "I can't wait! See you soon!" 

Like a shadow in the night the vibrant women then disappeared into the crowd. For the first time in several hours the child found herself alone again; and it was all consuming. Those few hours adventuring along with another person had been precious moments that would forever be locked into Asmura's memory. Just like the memories of her mom's and dad's faces the memory of adventuring with Vie would be held close to her heart. Finding that the silence was starting to get overwhelming the young girl abruptly turned around and wandered into her final destination. The blacksmith's shop. The blacksmith was a large man even by Asmura's standards. Inwardly, she had started to retreat again. So much so that she almost walked out of the shop; however, the image of Vie's smile and warmth held her in place. There was no way she was going to back down. Shaking slightly, the small hand held out the potion for the blacksmith. In one oddly smooth moment the blacksmith's rough skin brushed against hers as the potion was whisked away from her grip. 

"Thanks for bringin this dearie!" The blacksmith commented, holding the potion up to the light to get a hard look at the contents inside. Inside the  the ruby red liquid sloshed angrily at the sides of the bottle as if a storm where raging. "That will be all." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Spoiler

QUEST REWARDS: 

Asmura:

>2 SP    > 5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)     >1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)    >1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)

Vie: 

>2 SP