[ PP | F3 ] Rendezvous

The elven village bustled with life in every way, from its lush greens to the liveliness as the elven folk went about their way. There was something which Haine loved most about the settlement than the other ones around, it transported her into a different dimension, akin to a page from a fairytale brought to life. She was rested under the shade of a tree in the heart of the village, enjoying the scenery with her cub snoozing away on her lap. She closed her eyes and soaked in the tranquility, the moment to just be. She didn't forget to reward herself and stop to take in the present, she needed to remind herself that she was still a young woman who had time to live beyond the way of the sword. The beauty was enough as if, however once the bluenette's eyes fluttered open to the empty spot beside her, she'd begun to grow lonely. What a shame.

She pulled open her HUD to send a particular blonde woman a message.

Pssst, Eruda! Are you free today?

Meet me at the heart, floor 3. Let's kick back for a bit <3

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 49
HP: 1,000
EN: 98

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

Eruda watches her wolf pup sleep as it seemed to be dreaming. The pup was laying on her back kicking in the air like she was running. Eruda giggles a bit as her HUD chimes, waking up her pup. Reading the message she looks to her wolf saying "This will be your first time out. Be good okay." The wolf tilts her head a bit confused by Eruda's words. She had not a clue if the pup could understand her but knew that the wolf was pretty docile, to begin with. Eruda knew she had nothing to worry about. -Thinking to herself that maybe hanging out with Haine today could help inspire a name for her wolf pup-. Getting to her feet and gathering her things, Eruda opens her shop door and lets her wolf out first. It turns with a spin of excitement in its eyes as Eruda walks out and locks the door behind her. "Come girl. Let us go see Haine.

After teleporting to floor 3, the wolf looks around and sniffs the air amongst them. Eruda looks around and sees the blue-haired beauty in the distance. Eruda looks to her wolf as it looks at her and Eruda gestures her head to come along. She followed behind with her head raised high, smelling all the things around them. "Hey there Haine. This is... Well, she doesn't have a name yet but I will figure it out eventually. Who is this little one," asking, as Eruda sits next to Haine. Seeing the white bear cub sleeping on her lap with a smile. The wolf pup looks to the bear just about her size and gets to her hind legs. Tilting her head she pats the bear's butt with her paw to try getting a reaction from it.

Eruda | HP:890/890 | EN:86/86 | DMG:3 | MIT:117 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Name: Eruda
Level: 43
HP: 890/890
EN: 86/86

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 117
BH:26
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Protector (Rank 1)

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Haine's trance was snapped at the chime of a woman's voice. She snapped her head to the side to notice a blonde haired woman, a beautiful wolf beside her. "Hey Eruda! Oh my goodness, what a beauty!" She all but forewent a proper greeting as she ogled at the familiar. The wolf had sleek raven fur, decorated with swirls of blue flame hovering over the coat. She gushed and reached down to pat the wolf's soft fur. She was wary to avoid the spots where the flame lingered. She scratched the familiar's chin and hummed. "Aww, we'll find a name for ya bud!" She snorted when the wolf pat the cub's rear to stir him awake.

With a confused squeak, the polar bear stirred. He stretched his pint sized body and shook his fluff, akin to a dog. He looked down to the unfamiliar creature and leaned in to sniff curiously. "Don't be shy, Mees," Haine reassured. She looked up to Eruda. "New addition to the fam! This is Miska. I almost went for a panda but I liked the frosty duo better. Miska and Pingu."

The wolf meets the bear's nose with a lick. She seemed happy as she jumps backwards and gets into a ready position for pouncing. Her butt in the air with her tail playfully wagging as her front legs were bent as she looks up at the cub with determination to play. Eruda watches as this transpires and smiles as she says "I want to see how she reacts in different situations before giving her a proper name. She seems lively though. I wonder how she will perform in combat though. Setsuna and I practically chased her all over the fired mountains of floor 9, so I know that she is very fast. She dodged our attempts many times even when blocked into a corner. It was very cool to see how quickly she thought." Eruda gets to her knees next to the wolf and gives her a full pet from head to the tails end. The wolf follows Eruda's hand with the touch. The wolf pets herself once before looking back at the white bear wanting it to come and play as she whines slightly trying to get its attention.

"So you say kick back and there might be something you can help me with. I have figured out that I have great determination to do things that are important...But I realized that I have not a clue what I actually like doing. I was practically forced to be an adult in my other life and I never got a chance to figure out what I actually liked doing. Do you think you could help me figure this impossible task out?" Taking a seat back next to Haine she waits for hopefully a good response from this. Also hoping that she would be willing to take the time and help so that she didn't seem so boring to one person that seemed to steal her heart without even trying.

The bear was a little overwhelmed by the wolf's playful disposition. He was no stranger to rambunctiousness, having put up with Pingu's energy for months now. He was just... a little shy. She hopped off his owner's lap and and mirrored the wolf's butt jiggle. He circled around the tall creature and bopped his head against her chest affectionately. Cue more sniffing and animal interaction that Haine gushed over. "Aww, look at em'! Mees will come around soon, he's just a little shy." She folded her palms in her lap and chuckled. "So you're looking for inspiration? Make it something fierce like..." She brought her hands up and gestured with a squeeze of her fists, mimicking an explosion. "The Flame Goddess!" She brought her hands down and tilted her head as the wolf looked anything but fierce. It was like a puppy inside a lion's body, a living contradiction to the name she'd chosen.

"Err. Maybe not?"

She crossed one leg over the other and kicked back on the bench. She nodded along to Eruda's earnest confession. "Don't you fret my friend," Haine chimed in, with a point of her finger. "There's plenty of fun to be had here! The grind gets boring as shit, you gotta take a break sometime." She pushed her bangs back and hummed. "So, y'know, I heard word of a festival soon! It's gonna be huge." She leaned forward and seized Eruda's hands. "Oh my god, you'd look adorable in a yukata! Wanna come with?" A jubilant expression took over the bluenette. She released the blonde's hands and clasped her own hands together as she looked up to the sky. "Oh my god, can I do your hair too? Throw it up in a bun with some gorge blossoms..." She sprung to her feet and outstretched a hand to the other.

"Nope, you don't have a choice. We're gonna go shoppiiiing!"

Eruda gots a bit nervous about the thought of everyone who would be there at the festival. She was getting her bearings still with the large group quantities but she wasn't there just yet. Haine mentioned shopping for a Yukata for such things. "I heard about the festival thing and I am not sure that..." she pauses as Haine jumps from her seat with excitement. "The large number of people that will be there...you know I don't do well in groups." Thinking for a moment, she gets up from where she was sitting and says "I haven't worn one of those in a while. When I was little I think, my mother promised to take us to this festival once but had to work all night so we never got the chance." Staring down out her wolf who seemed to be cleaning the little bear's head now, Eruda smiles. "Even if I don't go to the festival, I would like to get a Yukata. Maybe I could show Raidou later. So where do you suggest we go to get such beautiful clothing?" 

• 1 month later...

Haine searched Eruda's expression and noted the hint of hesitance once she tugged at her sleeve. "Yeah- yeah but-..." Haine's bottom lip curled into a pout as she searched her mind. She'd known Eruda long enough to witness that she wasn't... one for big social events. The woman was set in one path and that had to be a drag, the bluenette would get to the bottom of this. The blonde shared her story and golden eyes softened a moment. Haine parted her lips to protest. "Well, your chance is here!" Her energy amped as she seized Eruda's hands. "But imagine this." She took the lead and walked off, leading the other down the path to the bazaar. She tilted her head and pictured a story as she went along. "A festival date...!" She closed her mouth and let out a muffled squeal. This was Eruda's opportunity to go in for the kill and Haine would be damned if she didn't.

"A...Festival...Date?? Hey, wait a minute..." As she runs after Haine who seemed really excited now about the whole idea. "The date thing sure...but maybe not the festival date thing. I don't even know if he will be there and plus...I am sure that the crowds will make me freak out too much and..." Eruda pauses for a moment and wonders if Raidou has ever been to something like the festival. Eruda then started thinking that she never had the chance to go to something like this because her mother never gave her the time of day to do so. Freya was able to with friends but Eruda was once again left behind. "Haine...this may be a dumb question but what is so interesting about this big old even anyway. I never got to go soo..." Shaking her head a bit she says "Even if I wanted to go and Raidou was there...The thought of that many people would be way too much for me to handle. I would make a fool of myself in front of the guy I like which really doesn't play through well in my head." Eruda's face blushes just thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

"Yes, date." She whipped around and held Eruda's arms, gently. "I'll make sure he's there. I have my ways..." She trailed off, with a mysterious Cheshire grin. "After all, I am your cupid. Don't fret now." The mention of the event brought stars to her eyes. "So, I've never been to a festival like this beforee. But back home, it was magical. Delicious food, fun games, spending time with your friends and picking out a pretty outfit..." Her mind wandered to her life back home. She missed spending time with her family, dearly so. But for now, she had Firm Anima. She hoped to spend a good day with them all at the festival, her second family.

She noted Eruda's insecurities, and her concern towards the crowds. "He can be your shield, and you have us too. You deserve to experience this fun like we all are, okay?" She gave Eruda a reassuring smile. "With or without Raidou, you can come and see what it's all about. You'll love it."

Eruda and Haine spend the rest of the day shopping for the perfect outfit to wear at the Festival. After doing so, they have dinner together when they both found each other hungry. With laughter and fun coming with it, Eruda enjoyed the day that soon came to an end. They went their separate ways that evening. 

Time Skip (Eruda went to the festival the next day) 

After the large battle that was split into Tiers, a new day arrived and Eruda couldn't wait to message Haine. Waking up about 8ish am from the very long day yesterday, she sits in bed with a yawn. Messaging Haine saying:

Meet me for Coffee please I want to talk to my friend about what happened at the Festival.
Eruda

Eruda quickly gets out of bed and gathers her gear. Freya was still sleeping, and knowing now that she could take care of herself, Eruda sneaks out the door without waking her. She walks to the town of beginnings and grabs two coffees with cream and sugar. Eruda sits on the edge of the fountain in the cool breeze waiting for a response from Haine. Raserei lays next to Eruda on the edge sleeping.

Haine lounged on her garden patio, legs crossed and propped against the table. Slumped against the chair, she reached for a glass of lukewarm water with lemon and downed it. The refreshing liquid trickled down, providing her with much needed hydration to wake her up. The fluffy cub sunbathed on top of the patio table beside her, gnawing on her foot. He nipped a bit too hard.

"Ow! Teeth!" She chastised the familiar, flicking his nose. He sneezed and groaned in protest. A message on her HUD diverted her attention to the screen. A message from her friend? Her attention piqued. She skimmed the message and hit reply.

Sure! See ya in a sec <3
Haine

The woman slipped on a more casual attire today, with no intent to combat after all that had gone down the day before with Skalaugh. Frankly, she needed a breather, and what better time than to check with her friend? She threw on a flowy lavender tunic and black leggings, paired with her typical worn down combat boots. She combed her frizzy locks and bunched it into a presentable ponytail.

Presentable, she left for their rendezvous point.

Surely enough, her favorite blonde was spotted by the fountain. The woman approached her and settled onto the railing beside her. "Girl, what a crazy day we had yesterday." Haine placed a palm over her chest in dramatic display. The cub tilted his head at the flaming fox, tentative at first. He then recognized it as the same one he'd played with this week. Eager, he padded up to her and jumped, paw resting over her back.

Raserei looks at the small bear for a moment before laying her head back down. Eruda smiles at the two getting along so well. She was very glad. Eruda hands Haine the other coffee before she says "Crazy is a very little word from what it was. I actually spent the day with a father and twin sister." Eruda lowers herself to the ground and puts her legs straight out in front of her, spreads them ever so slightly, and places her coffee between them on the ground. "It was like nothing else mattered yesterday when I was with them. The crowding that happened, that I thought would have freaked me out never did." She smiles looking up into the morning light with a smile. "I did eventually meet up with Raidou but he seemed distracted. With good reason though. He couldn't take his eyes off the lake before all of us dropped through." Her head turns up toward Haine now with a smile. "I was calm and collected when I was with my family and Raidou but now hearing the true color about my mother, I sorta hate her..." At this point, she frowns just a bit at the thought and asks "How was your day." 

• 2 months later...

"A twin sister? Introduce me to her sometime." The woman produces a pack of trail mix and tears the seal. "Want some?" She tips the package and holds a portion to her friends, fur balls included. She listens intently and crunches. "That sounds magical... You're really in love with him, huh?" A playful lilt followed. "Was a shame, that chaos. I was ordering Takoyaki...!" She mock pouted. Before the events of the chaotic riptide, the populace enjoyed a rare moment of peace. No swords nor garb, just good ol' people enjoying time with comrades turned companions. The woman crossed a leg over the other and folded her palms in her lap.

The question shifted to Haine and she paused in thought. "Ah, the usual. I'm glad you called me here, I didn't feel like doing any grinding today." Word of Eruda's mother piqued her concern. Brows furrowed slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your mother?" 

Eruda looks down at her coffee and bites her bottom lip. "I mean maybe I do... I just feel like whenever I try to get close to him, something happens and then nothing happens. I want to know him but he just doesn't..." it was hard to put into words how she was feeling right now. She wanted more from him but he wasn't giving her the time of day. "I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I am around him, my heart pounds a million times a second, and even the slightest touch melts me from the inside out. I hide all this from him because in reality he just doesn't seem that interested...I just don't know what to do anymore Haine." She could feel her face start to fluster and redden. Taking a small sip of her coffee, "He was the first person to talk to me like I was a human being, not some shy girl sitting in the corner of a classroom. He was the first person to believe in me and he is what made me become who I am now. How a simple few words could do that I have not a dam clue..." It was all so complicated and her feeling were strong but in more ways than one she was very confused. 

Haine brings up Eruda's mother...Her grip tightens on her cup and smashes within her hands. The cup bursts into data, as she offers the trail mix. Shaking her head all of those feeling turn to rage..."My mother is a disgrace to my family. She stole us from our father overnight and then lied about why. Freya and I were close to him and in a day's time, it was all taken from us. I will not be staying around when we get back home. I do not feel like I could look her in the face right now without hating her." She wipes the coffee on her pants as Raserei looks up and feels her pain. She walks up to Eruda and whines a bit. Licking her hands to get the coffee off she looks up to Eruda now with her ears back. "My mother used me and she did not give a dam about us...She was never home and I just can't find it in my heart to forgive her..." She closes her eyes now to try controlling her emotions. Taking slow deep breaths she slowly opens her eyes to meet Raserei's. She would not shed another tear for that woman as long as she lived. 

"This game... I can honestly say it is the best thing that happened to me. It brought me back to our father and it allowed me to find love that I didn't think was capable of me. My father and Raidou especially are the lights in my life now and nothing will take that away from me even if I have to wait for him...It is still better than the alternative." Eruda may have seemed a bit rash at this point but it was all true. She hated the woman and she would never be able to shake that feeling. Bringing a hand to Raserei's head, softly petting her, she glances to Haine with sad eyes. 

Her expression softened at Eruda's plight. A feeling of love which skirted the lines of uncertainty, push and pull. How the woman could endure it and remain enamored for so long was only a testament of her devotion to the man. She nodded in acknowledgement. "I see..." She would wait for the other to empty these thoughts from her mind before she could impart any advice or sentiments. She would be here for her as her friend to the best of her ability.

The cup shattered in Eruda's hands, the liquid crystalizing as it fell to the ground. Haine flinched at the sudden sound, brows knitted in concern. Amber eyes sought Emerald which were gleaming with emotion. The bluenette swallowed her words and listened on. Hearing of the blonde's beginnings shed  light on Haine. She'd seen the other from a different perspective as she struggled to relate. The difference in their upbringings was a far cry from each other. Haine was raised in a family which was functional for the most part, a cozy and sheltered life where she could ask for no more. Several times she had taken that for granted, and moments like these, she felt humbled.

And in light, her respect for Eruda increased. She had endured a lot and from those experiences improved. Improvement was no easy feat, and it wasn't always an uphill battle. "Eruda, I'm glad to have met you." She kicked back and stared up at the sky, mesmerized by pillowy clouds. "It's amazing how strong you are. I think your future has something good in store for you." She exchanged an earnest expression. "Hang in there a little longer and trust the process." A soft smile curved her lips. "You've made something beautiful from what life has given you, and now your loved ones are close."

A soft smile curved her lips. "I enjoy our talks. It's nice to have someone to connect with like this, it's been so long." A glimpse of Elyth flickered in her mind. "I guess I just wanted to say that I consider you like a good friend." She placed a hand to her mouth and chuckled softly. "Too sappy?"

Edited by Haine

Her anger completely depletes now hearing Haine's words. She smiles a bit saying "You are a great person Haine and I love these talks too." She pets Raserei just a little more before getting to her feet and sitting next to Haine on the edge of the fountain again. She gives out a sigh as she leans her head against Haine's shoulder now. "I guess only time will tell whether I and Raidou can make whatever is going on between us workout, which I really hope it does," Haine mentions that she thought of Eruda has a really good friend. Eruda takes her head off her shoulder and turns her head with a slight joking smile as she says "Well that's a bummer, I really thought you were more like a sister to me." Eruda nudges her a bit playfully. "I'm glad that we met and that Raidou has you. Have you spoken to him lately?" She links her arm softly with hers as to not spill the coffee. Placing her head back on her shoulder, something about Haine was just relaxing. It was nice... 

"Don't you fret! Time has a way of breaking that ice." The woman gesticulated with a pointed finger. Eruda would be in good hands. She mused at the thought of the man in question in a relationship. For as long as she could remember, Raidou was a driven man. All work with little time to stay idle. It was nice to see he was relaxing and living a little more. One shouldn't be robbed of basic human interaction, even through the grim reality of Aincrad.

The woman's comment and affectionate gesture touched Haine. "Actually, that would be better. I like that more." The corners of the bluenette's eyes creased as her lips curved. It had been a while since she could connect with a friend like this. The next question had the woman in momentary thought. "Mmm... no, not so much, actually. I've been kicking it with Asmura and Kil. We're adjusting nicely. It's a joy having her with us." Mind drifted off to the young girl with doe-like kyanite eyes. Recent memories of fingerpainting in the sunroom flooded her mind. A bit of light shed over Haine. She couldn't paint to save her life, though in a way it felt therapeutic to capture a moment of happiness on a canvas. 

"Time...a funny word as we have all of it right now but could end at any moment. Haine, he is worth the wait, my heart will always belong to him even if it's not wanted." She thinks of everything that she could possibly be doing with him right now, her heart sunk at the possibility that it might never happen if Raidou didn't let her in. She remembers the blank passionate stare he gave the lake right before everyone fell deep beneath the ground they walked. It was scary but Eruda held strong. This world had no room for fear as the moment you hesitate...you die.  Haine comments on her statement about the sister thing and she smiles. 

Her next words caught her off guard though. "Oh I knew about Kiluia but who is Asmura?" Raising her head up from Haine's shoulder now she readjusts her sitting to face her. "What have you been up to, I want to know everything," Eruda says with a huge smile now excited to hear.

• 4 weeks later...

Haine nodded at the sentiment. Time in this world stretched on for what felt like forever, however the reality of its fleetingness weighed heavy in mind. There was a time when that fear caged her in. Once her loved ones left her behind to pave their paths, guilt overtook her. She forced herself out there to keep them in sight and regain some semblance of control. In time, she felt desensitized to this world. "Eruda, don't fret about the what-if's." Haine placed a palm on the woman's shoulder. "If time is fleeting, cease the moment. Think of the good memories and how much you've both grown." An affectionate pat followed. 

The topic shifted to the wisp. "Ah, you should stop by my house sometime! It'll be a girl's day thing." She searched her mind for a way to jog her memory. "Have you seen a girl this tall with long dark hair and blue eyes round' the guild?" Haine gesticulated Asmura's height. "She's a newer recruit among the ranks. Kil and I have grown fond of her." A soft smile graced her lips. "Our house was ridiculously empty, soo..." She trailed off, "She lives with us now." Haine noted a particular memory. "Pingu's jealous, but she'll just have to get used to it."

Edited by Haine
  • 4 weeks later...

Post Counter: 20

Eruda softly exhales, she knew that Raidou needed time, but some days it just hurt. She would wait for as long as she needed and it was clear now how Eruda felt about Raidou. Talking it through with Haine really helped with that. She would work hard to get stronger and be the person that Raidou could lean on when he needed her the most. "I am glad that you have created a family in the hell. You are right about one thing, everyone deserves to be happy at some point and I am going to make that happen." It was clear that there was some pain within her voice, but it sounded almost determined too. 

The two spent a couple more hours just talking with no end. She was really glad that she met Haine and that she could turn to her for stuff like this. In all forms of the matter, Haine felt like a sister to Eruda and it felt really nice. Eventually they parted ways and continued with their own endeavors. As Eruda starts to leave she turned to Haine saying "Till next time," with a smile across her face, she walks to the warps gate and vanishes.

Thread Complete:
Haine:
2 SP (1 Page count, 1 Event Bonus)
200*Col (400/2 for page count)

Eruda:
2 SP (1 Page count, 1 Event Bonus)

Simmone:
200*Col (400/2 for page count)

Edited by Eruda