[PP/F1] Nature's Treasure

While following Chase Katoka realized she was being a lot more forward with her red headed companion than usual and blushed slightly, she leaned in to her ear and whispered again, "If I'm making you uncomfortable I can stop. I feel more at ease with you so I'm not as anxious as I usually am." she leaned back and continued walking with her arm looped through Vie's. It was true, she was beginning to feel much more comfortable with the girl and it was easier for her to act natural, though maybe hanging on her arm and getting as close as she had been might not be what she's comfortable with.

Once the trio arrived at the area they were going to search in Katoka surveyed the area, "Well, I guess we should start out search huh?" she begins to stretch some before looking for materials in the area. She manages to see two fish near the surface of the pond and sneaks up on them, snatching them up with her bare hands she holds them above her head and yells, "Fish!"

Gained: (2) Tier 1 material <<Fish>>

d06914191d17a548b59b5751532a3bbd.png.6f70c7f47323d0f23cf9f63e2bb03a35.png

Edited by Katoka
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The two walking behind little boy blue that considered himself a tank, hearing the whisper right next to her ear made her cheeks turn redder, "I don't mind it..." She felt embarrassed at saying those words though they were true. Dirt pathways led the group to an area of less concrete- as if someone purposely altered the landscape of this one particular plot of land to be more faithful to the nature that had once flourished here. A garden with assortments of beautiful flowers grown in bushes and hedges of leaves, all neat and tidy. Portions to the right of the clearly altered plot trailed from variously sized pebbles to a decently sized mostly stagnant pond. 

The redhead bore a grin from cheek to cheek despite the two detaching from each other's sides, excitedly scrolling through her inventory to find some form of vanity fishing pole and pressing a button to make it crystalize into her hand, throwing her other up into the air as she ignored the male's words and ran off towards the water after Katoka. She cast a line without bait into the pond the blonde haired woman stood in, careful to throw it decently far from her.

Spoiler

ID# 162601, CD 4. Nothing seems to be biting...

After a while of sitting and waiting, Vie reels in her hook. Unsure whether she just didn't know where or how to cast properly or whether she had somehow done something incorrectly. Maybe she was just too darn impatient even! She frowned, hoping her friends had better luck. "DID YOU FIND ANYTHING?" She shouted as the blonde may be unable to hear her, a little further away than she'd like. 

Edited by Vie

Once the two began to spread across the area, the boy sighed and gave up on trying to stay in front of them. It'd been set- if a monster showed up, he'd smite it right away before anybody's health could as much as be touched. "Then that settles it... I guess I could look around these patches of grass. Even if a monster's there, I can easily take it down before my HP drops, seeing how short the grass is... It can't be too big.", the bluehead ranted on and on inside of his head, eventually approaching said patches and crouching as he started looking through them with his eyes squinted, trying to see if anything glowed among the green.

It didn't take long before he spotted a red and a blue rock in the grass, glowing ever so faintly. He picked them up and stashed them into his inventory, starting to think what the game would allow him to make with these beautiful materials. And then he heard the shout, flinching slightly. He looked over his shoulder, raising his hand and gesturing her to lower her voice's volume just a bit. "Two materials.", he answered plainly before turning back to continue looking.

In the meantime, it had been more than two seconds with Blizz not having done anything, and that just couldn't happen. The scaled mammal took off from Chase's shoulder, starting to head towards the pond and trying to dip its snout in, as if to drink water. It wasn't long before it eventually dipped whole, staying submerged as it seemingly enough dove and swam around the waters. It'd... probably resurface at some point.

image.png.bb7f398cdf7e20f299c622982aa34c81.png

Loot: 2 T1 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Katoka was excited to be hunting for materials now. It seemed easy at first, though this time around she realized that maybe catching fish with her bare hands probably isn't the most ideal solution. She waded back to the shore after a few more mishaps with her fish grabbing and decided that searching along the water's edge might be a bit more favorable. She opened her menu and unequipped her sandals and thigh highs so that she could walk around in the mud and enjoy the cool wet dirt while she walked about. She caught sight here and there of her party members but for the most part she kept her gaze low as she stalked through the cat tails and tall grass.

"DID YOU FIND ANYTHING?" she heard Vie yell from the other side of the water. "NO, STUPID FISH WON'T LET ME GRAB 'EM SO I'M STOMPING THROUGH THE MUD NOW!" she called back, sticking a bare muddy leg up for her to see. "WHAT ABOUT YOU?"

1.png.e4c0f2b04da3b437565fee343a7963fa.png

Edited by Katoka

Chase's gesture made her realize how loud she had been, possibly scaring the fish away from her and preventing them from biting. She gives a slight nod to him, acknowledging how she had been overly exuberant. Watching Katoka trudge through the mud, and stifles a laugh towards her shenanigans. Shifting her attention towards her situation, she swipes a red vanity tackle box into the world and begins sifting through them to find the cutest one eventually happening upon a primarily orange long fish with a two-pronged hook extruding from its base and attaching it to the fishing line, tying it with a bow. Her thought process were along the lines of 'Maybe- just maybe- a pretty-looking fish would attract other pretty-looking fish... Birds of a feather flock together, right?' As she throws the line back out.

Spoiler

image.png.0f36511456b2d4b30cd6f8eec3db9f74.png

Waiting... Waiting... Aaaaand- nothing seems to be biting... "MAYBE FISHING JUST ISN'T-" She remembers the gesture Chase made alongside flashbacks that never happened of the crying blue-haired male, and her shout de-escalates quickly "my thing..." As she pulls her hook back up- only to find that the special fish she had tied had unraveled its weak tie with ease. She cursed under her breath, distraught at her inability to find nautical success.

Edited by Vie

The boy was too focused on sifting through the grasses in hopes of finding more materials to make trinkets out of. He was beginning to wonder how come the two wanted to go for materials when they were at a level like that still, but... Maybe he was still thinking of this as a game rather than his new reality, like he should. That honestly got him feeling rather down, he was still stuck up on this not being his present, but just a 'time period' that will end sooner or later. Hence the clothing from the real world, his obsession with the numbers and stats of the world, the reasoning behind every single activity... It was bothering him, for sure. "They're having fun, like everything's normal. They don't seem distraught, neither did Shay, Ariel or the couple... Maybe I'm just not looking at this the right way.", Chase's mind went on and on, keeping him preoccupied while he kept foraging through the grasses.

Seeing something glow not too far, he crawled over and picked the material up, stuffing it in his inventory without paying much attention as to what it actually was. In the meantime, something emerged from the lake by Katoka's side, with a peculiar catch in his mouth. Blizz gulped down the orange fish- the same one that Vie just hung from the fishing rod a minute or so ago, croaking at the blonde and making his way over, even rolling into the mud himself rather blissfully.

image.png.b44e37756a3755eb7fdace75c220e3ed.png

Loot: 3 T1 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

By this time Katoka had mud on both her arms and legs and was getting frustrated with her lack of success. She sat on the edge of the pond now watching the others as they searched, it made her feel a bit better that they were having about as much success as she was. The blonde was having fun, it was a nice day and the water was cool and clear. Even the mud on her felt nice and cold while the sun beat down on the rest of her body, though she could feel it beginning to dry in places. "I should probably wash this off soon." she thought to her self while wiggling her toes in the water a bit. After a few minutes she stood back up and waded back into the water to rinse the dirt from herself the best she could, the mud and dirt swirled around her in a cloud of dark that settled at the bottom of the water.

0136e0b40824c6372da1250806e98f87.png.8a877ace44c5d82bb64d026e16542903.png

Edited by Katoka

She glanced over to see if Katoka was having a better time, watching both the clawed creature and the blonde mess about in the shallow muddied waters. A large sigh released as she picked yet another thing to tie to her line- this time securing it better- and casting it into the pond. Sitting and waiting for a few moments, she finally concluded that she was bad at fishing. Reeling it back in, there had actually been something on the hook... 

Holding it up to the virtual sun it appeared only slightly transparent, its clouded coloration letting a few light rays shine through. For a split moment she thought it was some sort of sea glass or a shell even, but realized that it had been the same coloration as the Chase's pangolin, her victory poses being interrupted by confusion and concern... "W-What?!" She blurts out aloud to no one in particular while unsure whether to be frightened for herself or the beast. "Uh- Uhm- Chase?!" Vie scrambled to her feet leaving her rod to rest on the ground next to the red metallic lunch-box looking vanity item and ran towards the blue-haired male in a hurried manner, as she approached she continued to make long gestures to the material in her hand with a worried expression- words falling out of her mouth that would make no sense in combination without context, "I- your- shed- SCALE?!"

Spoiler

image.png.4da29ef4f45d7d06d450b7bb30f13006.png

1*T1 mat looted finally

Edited by Vie

Chase could hear Vie approaching him from behind, sifting through the grass just a moment before realising he couldn't concentrate like that- that aside, he was lucky enough to have found as many materials as he had now. One way to fix that- he opened up his menu, taking his earmuffs off and letting them phase out of existence before an earring appeared on his right earlobe. At that moment he turned around, about to ask the redhead what was wrong before he closed his inventory and looked at her hand. "..? My scale..?", he flinched for a moment, taking it from her hand and looking at it before his eyes widened.

"W-Wait, where the hell did-", he abruptly stopped, looking by the blonde to see the blue rascal further behind her. If he was there and Vie had just fished a scale out of the water... "K-K... I can't pronounce it...", Chase mumbled to himself, furrowing his eyebrows and feeling his entire body tense up as he gave the ground an intense stare, one that could crush any person it was directed at. Gulping down his own pride, he shouted towards the Katana-wielder. "Kaytowka, can you bring Blizz back here?", he stopped with a heavy sigh and looked to the side at Vie, holding his finger up. "I-I can't get rid of the accent, don't even!"

[Changed Warm Earmuffs (T1/Perfect/ACC III) for Silver Earring (T1/Perfect/LD III).]

Edited by ChaseR

Katoka was once again in the pond wading around trying to find something, anything at this rate. "Honestly, how hard can it be to find materials? I did it first try and now that's all my luck gone?" she grumbled to herself as she grasped at various plants, rocks, and attempting to snag a fish or two. "Why didn't I grab some food or something to give me buff before I left." she sighed and saw Vie running up to Chase for something. He turned looking yelled while looking at the ground for her, or at least she assumed he meant her even though her name sounded odd, to grab his familiar who was playing nearby.

The small samurai obliged and hefted the scaled mammal up with both arms wrapped around him and waddled back awkwardly onto land. "Is everything ok? What happened?" she asked concerned. She let Chase's familiar down and shook some of the water off of her arms and legs.

nat_treasure.png.78a0a8ab4a63d74a6074d2002ad755eb.png

Edited by Katoka

Her anxiety over the scale matter was heightened as Chase, too, seemed to be concerned over the pangolin he cared for. Vie stifled a laugh at "Kaytowka," but she couldn't contain it as he explained the matter. Perhaps the blue-haired male wasn't such a bad guy after all if he too felt self-conscious sometimes despite his usually over-confident disposition. As the familiar approached, being held in Kaytowka's arms, the redhead was unsure whether to be worried for the creature, frightened by it... or affectionate to Katoka. 

She began to visually panic as it neared, her mind racing with thoughts such as 'maybe it was my fault the scale had been shed for some reason.' 'Maybe I accidentally pulled it off with the hook...' Or 'perhaps it's hurt.' Vie's head floods with potential reasons as to the material's appearance, all of them pointing to it being her fault to some degree. "I-I'll go look for some sort of medicinal herbs just in case it's actually hurt..." She speaks in a nervous tone, feeling responsible for the whole mess as she sort of wanders nearby looking at the ground and finnicking with the shrubs trying to figure out whether she could do anything with them that would be beneficial despite not knowing what these 'medicinal herbs' she spoke of looked like, unsuccessful in the matter.

Spoiler

image.png.22a7ea65939f3f3450c0961224962e36.png

Loot total (for Vie): 1 mat

Edited by Vie

Chase furrowed his eyebrows at Vie, watching Blizz be put back onto the ground, all muddied up and trying to shake it off. He did, flinging some bits here and there, practically all over the place. With a deep sigh, he tried to calm the redhead down. "N-Nothing is wrong, I just don't want him too far. And hey, it's probably nothing; it's a game. Animals don't get sick in game. I don't think he can get hurt even. Maybe it's an event or they just shed.", he attempted to reason with her, feeling rather bad that she began to get so flustered about something that wasn't even hers, let alone his own partner in and out of battle.

Just in case something was wrong though, he himself looked down at the ground, but before doing that he dipped his head in slightly to Katoka. "Sorry for startling you. I just don't like Blizz wandering off like that and Vie is scared of him. If he sneaks up on her, she'd probably get loud.", the boy explained and then gave it his all to see if anything glowed through the grass. Regardless of his best efforts though, nothing was there when he'd searched. "Vie, calm down, it's nothing probably."

image.png.b8d44c6eb5f7ba427849f60191772b84.png

Edited by ChaseR

Katoka giggled and squatted down, patting the pangolin on the head, "I don't mind at all. I don't know why she's afraid of this cute guy." standing back up she smiled at the blue haired boy, "Also, I think that despite this being a game and all, our familiars do feel emotions in some degree. They may just be bits of code, but they're alive in their own way you know?" she turned and waved to him as she went back to hunting for materials.

Her search however wasn't yielding much in the way of success at the pond, so she changed locations to an area near some trees. Rifling through some tall grass she only managed to find a few bugs, sticks, and pebbles. "Where the hell are all these materials!" she groaned as she sat down in front of a nearby tree and watched her companions as they fussed over the pangolin. Out of the corner of her eye she saw and glowing item next to her hand resting on the ground, "You have got to be kidding me."

loot.png.edbf67d4bb85807d634c86efb11f1138.png

Gained: (1) Tier 1 Material

Edited by Katoka

"probably." "probably." "PROBABLY." Echoed through her head. Chase's "probably" had worried her more than feigned confidence in the matter. False hope would've given her peace when probably only made her mind race to worst case scenarios. Vie's lack of confidence that the familiar would be alright made her search with a more critical eye, nothing seemed to be just right, every possibly choice of material appeared to be wrong to some degree. The real question was how would she be of help to his familiar. It felt like it was her fault after all! She had found it... Isn't it only right that she take it upon herself to fix whatever problem the pangolin seemed to have been infected with. As she briefly glanced over at the pangolin, it appeared to be doing fine... Vie felt a little relieved, yet a little in disbelief that it was actually alright. She then remembered how similar creatures functioned in the real world. Shedding was a thing the average animal would do... Why would a pangolin be any different? Finally, she took a breath and relaxed. Immediately reflecting on her actions that had taken place only moments earlier, boy did she feel stupid.

Spoiler

image.png.3f40949b8ad5a9969bc1d6ab658ba9cf.png

Loot total (for Vie): 1 mat

Edited by Vie

The boy simply maintained a frown on his face and watched Vie pace around once Katoka had left. The blonde wasn't wrong, but he had more reason to be worried about little red than he did about Blizz. The most worrysome thing about the pangolin was how covered in mud he had been. As the bluehead approached Vie, Blizz curled up into a ball and stayed on the ground where Katoka had left him, occasionally tilting left and right even in his curled-up state. "Vie, are you okay?", he asked with the same frown, showing some slight nervousness about the girl herself.

He looked down at the ground in hopes of seeing anything to leave for her, just in case that would brighten her mood any, although there was nothing to be found. "Look... You can have it. Whatever profession you pick, I'm sure it'll be of great use.", Chase tried his best to encourage her as he held the scale she'd passed him in his hand, offering it to her with a small, awkward smile. "Try to be happy. Okay?"

image.png.d47af6d518b1a7ad591a12dedc95b1a4.png

Edited by ChaseR

Watching Vie, Katoka realized that she looked worried. The red head had seemed upset that she had somehow caused Chase's familiar to lose it's scale, but the little pangolin seemed no worse for ware. Despite her clearly being afraid of the creature she was still so worried, it was cute really. Katoka let out a soft giggle and stood up brushing herself off. She wasn't having much success in finding materials, but maybe she could cheer up her friend instead. Picking a nearby flower the blonde samurai approached the girl and offered it to her. "No need to get too worked up, Blizz doesn't seem like he's hurt so i don't think it was your fault. Chase doesn't seem to either." she gave her a warm smile, "The fish in this pond wont catch themselves, why don't you see what you can reel in?"

Katoka tucked the flower behind Vie's ear and walked back towards the area she had been searching previously in an attempt to hide her flushed cheeks. "Idiot, why did you do that." she mumbled under her breath. Upon reaching the tree she was previously in she found a glowing item on the ground, "There you are you sneaky thing..."

looting.png.aeab7c8a60d677b16beaf24c69be70f7.png

Edited by Katoka

Vie was rather irritated at herself that the two felt the need to cheer her up. Though glad that they cared to such an extent about her wellbeing, they had felt it was necessary to when she should've been able to deal with it herself. She returns each material that had been given to her back and gives her brief thanks, apologizing for what worry she might've caused the two, "Sorry about that... I'll try to get back on track with actually doing what we're here to do." Frustrated at herself, she decides to attempt to take her mind off of things by then wandering towards a garden of sorts with varieties of flowers and perfectly shaped hedges instead of fishing again. She attempted to pick a few out of the several that stood out to her keen eye, successfully plucking them from the bush and continuing to move her attention while keeping watch of Blizz out of the corner of her eye just in case. 

Spoiler

image.png.dd7939eea01f10e13dbc6a8089ba44ef.png

Loot total (for Vie): 3 mats

Edited by Vie

The boy looked at her with a frown and half-closed eyes, looking down at the familiar that approached him as soon as Vie left. The scale she'd just handed over back to him was hers to begin with, she'd gotten it from fishing... With that in mind, he quickly handed Blizz the scale, letting him firmly wrap his sticky tongue around it before he began to strut behind the lass. Vie could notice it wasn't much longer before the croaking mammal was next to her, reaching to her belt with his tongue and plopping the scale there. Afterwards, it practically rolled up into a ball and rolled all the way towards Chase, who appeared to have been walking close to Katoka.

Once he was close enough, he asked with a relatively blank expression, trying his best to socialize more even though he did basically just creep up on her. "Hey. Is she always like this?", the bluehead almost breathed into her ear, keeping an eyebrow raised and looking down at their legs for any materials. Picking two up, he held one out to the female. "Want one? What profession do you have?"

image.png.3278a50733e9560452a59bf7cfa57b7e.png

Edited by ChaseR

"She was just concerned about the little guy that she's slightly scared of," Katoka giggled, "Don't worry your blue head about it." she shook her head at the offered mats, "Nah, I appreciate it though. As for my profession? I uh, haven't actually done that quest yet." she rubbed the back of her head and noticed a shining object out of the corner of her eye. "Oh! Goodies!" she ran over to the nearby bush and pulled out an object.

Standing back up she walked back over to Chase, "Don't get too worked up bud, you didn't do anything wrong and there isn't much we can do either. Vie is Vie and she'll let us know is she needs us. That is unless she wants to play hard to get and drops us cryptic hints at things." Katoka lightly punched Chase again and laughed, "Let's find some more goods eh?"

050815e3c2d975cc2176e573fef8fe96.png.e55b704145122c4a631993dd9c6cb6e1.png

Edited by Katoka

The creature had been following her for quite some time now, eventually making its move towards her belt before she was able to stop its tongue, it had returned the scale and rolled away. Vie takes a deep breath, glad to not be in any sort of imminent danger it seemed. Which felt like the first time since she had met up with that strange quadruped. She scrolled through her inventory enjoying the number "3" beside the newly collected materials. 

Finally- it felt like taking this quest was paying off somewhat... The redhead continued to look for flowers that appeared helpful to some degree- perhaps inspirational for a future drawing or craft idea. A white lily was plucked, as well as a darker flower that though smaller appeared just as good quality-wise. A form of wind kicked up, the girl finally looked towards the sky that seemed to signal that time was everpassing. Though it felt like it had been years since she had experienced the comfort of a mattress, she decided to continue the journey for as long as possible- the more materials collected the better!

Spoiler

image.png.887127abf7f5c80199a9093e5705c8c4.png

Loot total (for Vie): 5 mats

Edited by Vie