[PP/F1] Nature's Treasure

Honestly, if anything was keeping him happy and from getting distracted by any form of negativity, it was Katoka's casual tone. While he wasn't as fond of them anywhere close to how fond of Shay, let alone Katoka compared to Vie, seeing someone be able to act this casual and nonchalant in this world definitely brightened his mood up. Maybe he should take a page out of her book and follow suit, just accept that things are the way they are and try working towards clearing the game while enjoying the experience that this would inevitably be, for quite a while too.

"Got any single profession in mind? Little red said she doesn't.", Chase responded to the blonde with a grin, only to notice that the pangolin which was moving away from Vie had stopped at some point, turning around to start sneaking up behind her quietly, taking slow but big steps, hopping up and down at every single one practically as he held his tiny arms in front of him like a smaller-scale dinosaur. A much cuter one too, but that was besides the point. "... He's actually kind of tyrannizing Vie too, jeez. Blizz is really nothing like me, wow.", he commented inside of his head, giving it a shrug and a low chuckle before scanning the ground quickly and turning back to Katoka.

image.png.58774d1ffb14cf3e1485c9ceb60fa9c3.png

Loot: 3 T1 Materials

Edited by ChaseR
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The blonde crouched down and stared out onto the water watching Vie as she continued her search, she remembered the first quest she had done collecting materials and making potions. "If I had to choose I think Alchemy. It was fun to brew up stuff during the first quest and I think it could be helpful to others." she nodded and stood back up. If she could be helpful not only in a fight, but with support items then it would please her. "It kind of reminds me of messing around in the garden with my family." she said sadly looking at the ground, "But enough about that, why did you pick your profession. Also... What is your profession?"

While staying within ear shot Katoka took a few steps towards the water's edge and pulled out another glowing item to add to her growing collection, at this rate she would have a good amount to begin her new job when she started it.

6b097cbe6c2eb9c81e9b47e3f7004823.png.b20455ef0535220a4fc71d656f1dda07.png

Gained: (1) Tier 1 Material

Edited by Katoka

With newfound determination, she searches the bushes in front of her- looking both high and low for quality in her materials. No mere easily snapped twig would quite do. Testing a few branches for durability and feeling the soft petals of the flowers, it felt like everything here was far too delicate to quite be right. Perhaps they had been artificially grown to be beautiful rather than optimally "functional". After a little while of contemplation over the matter, she decides to make her way back to her fishing spot while glancing towards the two that seemed to be conversing. Returning her gaze back to the pond she had previously cast into, a yawn escaped her as her feet trailed through the grass making indents in the freshly attended to vegetation. 'Just... a little more,' she hyped herself up, sure that soon this would all end happily ever after. That a good meal, warm shower, and fluffy mattress might make up for all of the annoyance caused by today.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ad8caabbf046171333929e65cde16a85.png

Loot total (for Vie): 5 mats

Edited by Vie

Seeing how she began to reflect on the past, Chase decided not to dwell on it any and simply moved along. "I'm an Artisan. I made the wring Vie is wearing earlier.", he said, plainly and simply before giving her own decision some thought himself. "... There's few Alchemists I know of. Like Bistro. If you become good, I'll need something every now and then.", the bluehead offered to become her customer once her business began to pick up, tilting his head and smiling slightly with the kind gesture.

Then again, he hated going to shops, but he thought it was the least he could do to apologise for the misunderstandings up to now that dumbed down both her and the red's mood. While waiting for an answer, he looked at the ground around his feet to check whether or not anything had appeared, finding two pebbles he could turn into nice jewelry. It was around then that Blizz was practically right behind Vie, croaking to get her attention as he showed up under her from between her feet, looking up at her face, almost curious to see her reaction to his sudden appearance. 

image.png.f4897f18c12952e5abf1152f9b5d6e9a.png

Loot: 5 T1 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Katoka smiled at the thought of having her own potion shop, it would be fun to have a nice little building somewhere that had a cottage look and feel to it. "Yeah, I'd appreciate the patronage once I get situated." she turned back to the area again, "But now I think it's material huntin' time." Marching back to the wooded area she began her search around the trees closest to her. The shade was nice and cool compared to the heat of the sun, so taking refuge while on the search for things was the perfect idea.

"Now, If I was a Tier one material where would I be hiding?" she asked aloud to herself as she got down on her hands and knees to crawl through the grass. Near the second tree the blonde spotted a grouping of mushrooms with something glowing amongst them. "Jackpot." she said inching towards them and picking one of the items.

2025a8a7efa5fe348efba461488c7550.png.e5de77a8324868b155cca6906084b44f.png

Gained: (1) Tier 1 Material

Edited by Katoka

As the grass made way for her boots, she neared the pond at a decent pace. That was until strange noises once again polluted the air as she dropped her head to look at the ground and search for the cause of the croaking. Pupils moved quickly from object to object before blinking and it suddenly staring right back up at her and making eye contact- immediately she landed backwards onto the dirt and attempted to scurry away from the creature. "You- W-Why?" Her words were all scrambled as she backed away from it trying to escape from its small claws, it felt like nothing else existed. Just this small strangely shaped dinosaur.  The redhead was unsure what to say to make it leave, screaming surfaced to the top of possibilities but she didn't want to make another scene. Glancing around at the surrounding vegetation she couldn't see anything that might be worth her life to give as sacrifice to it. Unsure what to do as the gap between them closed, she looked towards the blue haired male with eyes that seemed to plead for mercy.

Spoiler

image.png.74c962cc3f4aeeec159907ccbca4ca6b.png

Loot total (for Vie): 5 mats

Edited by Vie

Blizz continued to approach Vie, even when she started to crawl back, but instead of climbing onto her he went around her until he was next to her hand, sneaking under it so it was resting on top of his scaled head and body, as if she was petting him. On one hand, he appeared to have been trying to scare her on purpose, on the other maybe he knew that she was scared and wanted to help her get over it. Apparently, forcing her to come into contact with him and get used to it appeared to be the only way that'd crossed his mind.

Chase simply nodded at Katoka and looked down, before feeling Vie was being oddly silent- not even trying to fish, actually. Looking over, he saw her having fallen back and giving him that terrified look, furrowing his eyebrows. "Vie?", he asked somewhat confused, frowning a bit. "Did you see something?"

image.png.5706945a025f74e3640c5f45783b44ac.png

Edited by ChaseR

The area she had stumbled into was perfect for materials apparently, the blonde had found two more items in a short amount of time before she turned and sat beneath one of the trees. Looking up at the forest canopy she listened to the sounds of the forest, the soft calling of the birds and the warm sunlight making her sleepy. It was such a nice day out, maybe she should spend some more time with Vie. After a few minutes of admiring the scenery she got up and walked towards the red head.

"Any luck over here?" she asked, attempting to start a conversation with the girl. "I found a pretty good patch of mushrooms earlier that gave a few." she noticed the pangolin once again and giggled, "He's really taken a liking to you huh?" walking over Katoka squatted down and patted the armored critter on his head.

search.png.b6ad8b82ac26fe0213b6194d3e84e7cc.png

Gained: (2) Tier 1 Materials

Edited by Katoka

The miniature dinosaur weasels its way underneath her hand, coming into contact with her. It seemed to be insistent on this action for some reason. Viewing Chase as unresponsive to her, the girl continues to scramble away while grasping behind her for anything that may impair the creature's ability to combat her and allow her to successfully escape. Just as she happens to land her hand on a softer bed of grass and sporadically placed purple clovers- unearthing them from the ground... The blonde woman walks towards the scene casually and places her head on top of the scaly creature. In this moment of relief the red haired female uses this chance to evade any attack, standing up and backing away before realizing that the pangolin had gone fairly silent- perhaps finally content? She answers to the question unsure why the girl found the familiar to be so harmless, "A few flowers here and there, but nothing too big. How many materials have you gotten in total?" Responding to the follow-up inquiry with, "What do you mean? I feel like he's trying to attack when I'm least expecting it or perhaps gain my trust and then take advantage of it..." A stream of thought enters her mind as silence drowns the conversation, after a moment she alters her answer... "M-Maybe you're right- that I am acting too paranoid. I've just- never seen one of them before, I'm scared of what they might be capable of. You know? Maybe I'm just not a big reptile person." A cautious worried pause between words as she sort of puts her head in her hands resting her elbows on her legs unsure whether to apologize or to actually be frightened at this point. For the most part she's upset at herself internally.

Spoiler

image.png.e4a53df9235f22141a93757b85322988.png

Loot total (for Vie): 7 mats

Edited by Vie

Blizz softly croaked in response to Katoka's petting his head, enjoying the feeling, the warmth and everything else. He appeared much calmer, and unwilling to even move now that the blonde was satisfying his need for pats. He didn't really seem to understand much of what Vie said, and with the two lowering their tone, Chase couldn't really either. He stayed around and looked down at the patches of grass for a bit, just in case he found anything else before moving close to ask something important that came to mind.

With his check finished and all his materials accounted for, he approached the two and asked, with his hands in his shorts' pockets. "... Should we slowly wrap this up? We can't stay here forever. It's been some time already.", he intervened in the two's conversation, hoping he wasn't interrupting anything all that important as he missed Vie's comments on Blizz' kind.

image.png.cd8e8daaa8fdc5858b85944638198c28.png

Edited by ChaseR

Katoka covered her mouth to hid her small smile, the red head was cute even though she was scared. She patted her on the shoulder, "If it makes you feel any better pangolins are actually mammals, so no reptiles to be afraid of." she ruffles the girls hair a bit to try and get a smile out of her, "Don't get too down on yourself, everyone is afraid of something. But he's actually very sweet, plus he's wouldn't attack you unprovoked anyway."

Katsumi wasn't sure if she was actually helping, but she hoped she was. Hearing Chase's call she realized that day had passed by rather fast. "Should we wrap things up then? Like the blue boy said we can't send all day out here." Katoka held out her arm for Vie to grab onto if she wanted, "Shall we madam?" she asked in a goofy deep voice, grinning like an idiot.

Total Materials Collected: (9) Tier 1 Materials

In response to Katoka's motions of which she interpreted as slightly demeaning, Vie sulked a little. 'He might as well be a reptile,' she thought while externally pouting with an implied hmph noise. When the two bring up the topic of finishing up and completing the quest- the girl's initial reaction is one of compliance though she takes a moment to think on it, standing up and dusting herself off. Rejecting Katoka's gesture she finally replies with, "Just a little longer. Pleaaaase? I think it'll be really helpful if we just try to get a fewwwww more." She states, glancing at the ground to see if there was anything to pick up as it felt like this had been a bit of an unsuccessful haul so far. Picking up a few colorful flowers, she poked at them in the palms of her hands. As she did so, the petals returned to their initial stance as the redhead stared at the inanimate object's reaction for probably a little too long. Looking up at the other two she states, "See, if we didn't stay here for a little while longer than I would've had two less materials." as if it had proved the point she was definitely trying to make.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae7011b0f1d7ba4d57eb0e07c6575220.png

Loot total (for Vie): 9 mats

Edited by Vie

Chase silently looked between the two, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. He didn't quite expect Vie to insist, but if that's what she wanted, he wasn't one to say no. Especially when they were at a rare moment where nobody was in danger and even outside of a safezone, he could ensure nothing went wrong if the worst were to come. "Er... S-Sure, do a final search and then let's go. I'll have to lead you two back to the Town of Beginnings.", he stated with an awkward smile, trying to process whether his words came off as natural in the first place or not.

With a deep breath, he looked over to Katoka, but he remained quiet. Realising just how awkward he was making things, he gave her a thumbs up as if telling her she was on the right path to win red over, but he wasn't even sure what she was doing right or wrong and even if it was working. The boy just wanted this to be over sooner or later so he'd stop making a fool out of himself for the most part, as his stranger-anxiety kicked in now that his mind flashed back to all the negative impressions and reactions he got out of them. As he averted his gaze from the blonde, he looked at the ground quietly in hopes of getting a material, and therefore a reason to move away for a moment and regain his composure.

image.png.c7dcd73e6f445a3359715d8697d98ece.png

Edited by ChaseR

"I suppose a bit longer can't hurt." Katoka smiled and noticed a few items near Vie, "And I wouldn't have managed to find these two materials as well." the blonde laughed and noticed Chase's thumbs up. She smiled a bit at him and turned back to her friend, "So do you have any big plans after this Vie? I don't know about you but I'm getting a bit hungry." the blonde rubbed her stomach a bit and looked sheepish as a growl erupted from her.

"I uh, might think a bit to much about food..." she blushed and turned away to hide her face and feigned looking for more materials in the process. "Ha ha, boy this area is full of stuff, look at this... grass." she plucked some grass and let it fall from her hand back to the ground. She let out a sigh of defeat, she wasn't very good at changing the subject when she managed to embarrass herself.

search.png.c44cf5af84a0382c835d75b8409c25e6.png

Materials Gained: (2) Tier 1 Materials 
Total Materials Collected: (11) Tier 1 Materials

Edited by Katoka

She nodded, accepting ChaseR's conditions. Turning a little towards Katoka to properly respond "None in particular, haven't planned that far in advance actually." Listening to the growl her stomach produced she acknowledges the girl's hunger and remembers the cafe, "Did you really feed the majority of the scone to that damn dinosaur?" She emphasises, shaking her head in a bit of disappointment as her stomach produces a bit of a similar noise. Blushing, the redhead too scans the ground for any signs of materials that may allow her to escape the embarrassing subject at hand. Her search renders successful as she bends down and takes two handful of grass too, shoveling them into her inventory. Hoping perhaps collecting materials may alter the subject, she wanders a bit further away where a couple vanity objects laid beside a pond. She didn't want to leave empty handed as far as fishing came. The first memory of capturing fish didn't have to be fruitless quite yet, the female still had time. "Gimme a little while, I'm going to put a few items away!" She called back towards the rest of the group hoping to wrap this up quickly.

Spoiler

image.png.1e0e07fa366a72a009944d29dc2b9a5b.png

Loot total (for Vie): 11 mats

Edited by Vie

As soon as he heard Blizz called a dinosaur, he burst into laughter for what seemed like the first time. Blizz looked at him in confusion, only for the chuckling male to crouch and start rubbing below his chin with his index finger. "Dinosaur huh? You wish these bad boys were dinosaurs.", he spoke completely differently, as if his personality changed over the few seconds he had begun laughing during. He eventually stopped and coughed to clear his throat, shifting back to his rather blank expression with a small smile still. "... Sorry, just found it funny."

He muttered lowly and picked Blizz back up onto his shoulder, stretching his neck and standing up. He began to do his own final search, nodding at Vie's proposition and looking over at Katoka. "What skills do you have? You're aiming for something with all of your SP, right?", he tried to change the conversation more naturally now that the break for laughs had been over, refreshing the mood and helping relief the tension slightly. 

Katoka hid a small smile at the sound of Vie's stomach and her accusation of the small mammal being a dinosaur. She turned to Chase and responded to his question, "Well at the moment I'm just focusing on my katana rank. I'm aiming to do as much damage as possible as fast as possible. I've had help from guild mates in planning out the best course of action."

She opened up her game menu and navigated to a list she had made with extensive notes on her future level up progress and began to explain the contents. She told the blue haired boy of her plans and how Raidou and Freyd, her fellow guild mates, had suggested these points to focus on. "So yeah, if I stick to these plans they say I'll have no problem on the front lines once I get up in level." she turned and smiled at him. 

Just to her feet the blonde noticed another material for her to collect, "Score." she said quietly before picking it up to add to her collection.

search.png.c2c1ce942892e0425cb78fbe77734775.png

Materials Gained: (1) Tier 1 Materials 
Total Materials Collected: (12) Tier 1 Materials

Edited by Katoka

Making her way to the edge of the water, she thinks about how unsuccessful her fishing attempts had been today. After a bit of thought, she settles on picking up the pole's line and knotting another handcrafted vanity tackle onto its end- hoping perhaps this cast would be not only the last but the most successful. Carefully throwing the hook decently far into the body of water and attentively watching it. Bobbing a few times, she reels her bounty in. A smaller fish twitches into her hands as she slides it into her inventory. Slightly disappointed, she places the vanity items back in and rejoins the others. What's visible as she makes it back is her downcast head and a neutral expression worn on her face. It seemed rather abnormal on the redhead, yet natural for the majority of the population. When she gets closer, she looks towards then with a dejected smile trying her best to seem upbeat and cheerful, "Ready to head back?" She asks.

Spoiler

image.png.1aba95aa389d8987ea9841e5b1a6bfeb.png

+1 T1 Material
Total Loot (for Vie): 12 T1 Materials

Edited by Vie

Chase nodded his head along to Katoka's explanation, trying to keep track of her end-plan. If he had gone that far ahead with his planning, maybe he'd be much better off by now. So far though, he was just taking care of his armor and picking up any skills necessary to keep himself in harm's way when necessary, and others by the side to watch. "I see. Your guildmaster and other members must be experienced if they can instruct you on all of this. Keep it up and you'll catch up with me in no time.", he told her, offering a small smile which quickly faded away as he turned back to Vie.

"... Sure.", he plainly responded, having taken notice of how down she must have felt and putting both his hands behind his head. He... wasn't quite sure what to say. Words weren't exactly his soft spot, either. As he began to walk towards the exit of the courtyard, he looked over his shoulder at the both of them. "I don't like shops. But if you want to put those materials to use, I can make you trinkets. Vie just bought one from me, but... you don't have any, blondie.", he noticed, leaving it at that. If she felt the need to get one, he could take care of it. Until then though, no need.

Katoka nodded to Chase, "I've got one now but if I need anything I'll be sure to hit you up. I might hang on to them for a bit though in case I finally get started brewing up potions and such." she turned to her red headed friend and patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry Vie, I'm sure you'll have plenty of chances to fish in the future. If you're lucky maybe you'll get some really good stuff from it too." she smiled, the blonde wasn't sure if she was cheering her up or not, but she was making an attempt.

"Well, let's make our way back to town then." she began walking with the two and began talking with Vie about some of the restaurants she had visited recently. Even though there wasn't much in the way of danger during this quest it had still been fun. She learned more about a fellow player, and got to spend more time with Vie, that was a win in her book.

Thread Rewards:

Spoiler

Chase: 4 SP (3 page + 1 Event), 5 T1 Materials, Col 400

Vie: 4 SP (3 page + 1 Event), 12 T1 Materials, Col 400

Katoka: 4 SP (3 page + 1 Event), 12 T1 Materials, Col 400