[PP|F1]<<Katana Acquisition>>A Weapon to Pierce the Heavens

Since joining Jacob's Ladder and rekindling her friendship with the front liner known as Shield, Yuurei had been contemplating everything that she wanted to do in life. These thoughts plagued her well being to the point of no return as it felt. However, she would give this world another try. Third time's the charm as they say.

Heading on to the first floor where she would be safe, Yuurei quickly made her way out into the fields. If she was to take this world on, she would need a weapon that could pierce the heavens. One strong enough to keep herself alive. Dying was not an option anymore. These suicidal thoughts would not overcome her. She wasn't that weak.

Finding a quiet spot in the forest next to the Town of Beginnings, Rei removes her katana from its saya. With a few deep breaths, she would ready herself to put some practice into her fighting style.

@Dagger

Spoiler

Name: Yuurei
Level: 6
HP: 120/120
EN: 12/12

Stats:
Damage: 5
H.M.:2
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Yuurei Shikiri: Dmg III
Armor: Yuurei no Kaze: HM II; Rec I
Misc: Samurai's Plate: MIT II; Rec I

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions*3

With a smile upon his face he exits the town of beginning having only his green cloak, his green hat and a symbol medallion strapped to his cloak that is in the shape of a dagger piercing through a cloak as he exits the town. Not having a single weapon upon his person and no familiar either to keep his company within his travels the mans golden eyes looking around the area of the first floor with interest his gaze trying to find a single material to make be part of his name to try and get some sense of finances going for him once more. However, much to chagrin he is unable to spot a single speck to add to his collection of which he could only assume was due to players already picking the spot clean of anything that he could have gathered. Well guess i'll have to travel a bit deeper into the floor today. I would rather not have to make myself an enemy while doing something as simple as this. he says in a neutral tone of voice while making his way deeper heading towards the forests of the first floor his hand ready to open his menu to down a immolation potion if need be to avoid fighting any of the mobs upon his way towards the location.

His gaze looking at the various creatures be it small boars, wolves, or even the rogue plant like monster that would accompany the usual venture he would go out of his way to circumnavigate around them. Circling their areas while making his way to the forest. Okay. This should do it. I think i can start looking around here. They probably wouldn't have gone out of their way to go this far if they wanted to simply search for some materials. The "heroes" would have just killed mobs for the materials around here, and the others would stay near the town gates to find things. he says to himself in a pleased tone of voice as he just grins and begins to search the area activating the searching skill to aid in his endeavors. Though much to his surprise he catches the sight of a person holding onto a weapon of some sort. 'Interesting. A katana haven't seen many use that when coming into my shop. Though if that's the case could make for a good bodyguard if given enough time. I should contact Bahr again while i'm at it. I'm certain he'd be happy see me about once again.' He thinks with a smirk at the thought pleased with himself before he changes it to a polite smile as he walks over towards the individual. Good evening sir or madam. I am Dagger from the Cloak and Dagger merchant shop i was wondering if you'd be kind enough to inform me what you're doing out here by yourself? He asks in a polite tone of voice taking off his hat and doing a slight bow with his greeting and his arm extended outward during it as well.

Stats:

Spoiler

level 16: 320/320 HP  32/32 ENG LD:5+3=8
equipment
Green apparition [Light Armor]: 1 MIT, 1 Eva[Equipped]
Cloak's Symbol: +3 LD  (Trinket that is the shape of Dagger's shop's symbol.) [Equipped]

Edited by Dagger

Just as she was about to begin her practice, a man's voice came from behind her. How had she not heard his footsteps upon approach. Her skeptical eyes inspected the man for a weapon, but it put her at ease to see the green cursor floating above his head. (Also, how had he not noticed that she was female? Was the 'Sir or Madam' just a formality thing.)

It was kind of odd to be asked what she was doing out here. She was more than capable of fighting by herself and wasn't worried about anything ending her. She could have just looked like anyone else grinding the area for some experience. It wasn't what she was actually doing, but at least she was doing something related. After a quiet moment of hesitation, and her worried eyes that couldn't find this man's weapon, she answered his question.

"What I am doing isn't really anyone's business but my own, but if you must know, I am practicing the Katana skill so that I can unlock the sword arts." The silver-haired gaijin replied putting her other hand on the hilt of the blade. "Why does that interest you?"

He looks at the girl and looks at the way she reacts and the way that she is speaking as he just calmly nods his head to himself registering the hidden threat to her words and actions along with the way that the girl seems to be on edge for whatever reason due to her grabbing the blade in question. Calm down ma'am i am just a simple merchant. As i said Dagger from the cloak and dagger merchant shop. I am simply out here looking for materials to sell to people alongside you can put down your blade. i don't have a weapon to my name i abhor fighting so why don't you practice what you were doing around here instead of trying to revert to using violence like some barbarian. He says in a calm and yet serious tone of voice as he stares at the girl as he calmly extends his arms outwards showing the simple grey button up dress shirt he wears underneath his green cloak and more importantly the lack of a weapon upon his person that shows he is absolutely unarmed in this setting. Now then if you are willing to listen to reasoning M'lady i would like to offer my services if possible. You can try to strike at me if you need a live target for your training, and in exchange why don't i help you on some quests through the nature of getting you materials for whatever shop you run and in the future you may help myself on quests so i can be a better merchant. As i said i abhor fighting in any extent, but i am willing to rough myself up a bit if it may help me in the future. He says calmly towards the young girl as he extends his hand towards her with a gentle smile upon his face. What do you say? A deal sound appealing to yourself young lady?

The samurai raised an eyebrow. He looked like he wanted to jump her, but if he was wanting to do that, he probably would have simply tried to sneak up on her. She lowered her stance to a stand and sighed.

"Apologies. I have been a bit on edge lately. I don't think I need to actually hit anything to practice, I only need to work on form. Sooner or later I'll be able to trigger a sword art." The girl said turning to the side and took form back into her stance. She attempted to focus the energy of the sword art into the katana the same way that she does with curved swords. With a few swings, she failed to activate a sword art yet again.

"This is going to take a bit of time." Yuurei mentioned, looking down at her weapon. With a sigh she turned back to the pacifist. "Stay if you like."

He nods his head at her words as he takes his hand back resting it within his right pocket as he looks at the girl swinging a blade to what he could only assume is no avail from the fact that she didn't move on her way towards whatever place she has next within her busy schedule to attend towards. If you were going to attend to work on a form while swinging that blade around why not go ask someone who knows how to use the blade itself? Wouldn't training by yourself make this much more tedious and time consuming then what would be necessary? He asks in a fascinated tone of voice as he glances towards the side a few trees to the left of him a  bit deeper into the forest as he spots the sight of a clump of medicinal herbs as he walks over towards the location pulling the plant from the ground and adding it to his inventory before glancing back towards the fighting girl. Also, yes i do think i will stay around here for now. I don't have any place to rush out towards, and from the fact i picked up a material here. This place is seemingly perfect forgathering them as i had thought so i am inclined to stay awhile anyhow.

#162423 LD:8+8=16 1 mat found
Total=1

Edited by Dagger

Yuurei rolled her shoulders and released some of the tension building up in her muscles. The virtual world didn't exclude the feeling of soreness, and she was sure that after this she would need to take a long bath to ease her weary muscles. It felt weird to come back into the fray like she was, but if she wanted anything out of this life she would need to stop letting it beat her into the ground. This was her redemption arc: She wouldn't remain a simple side character to this story.

Dagger seemed like something of a quiet fellow based on his appearance. It just goes to show that looks can be deceiving. He was actually a pretty talkative person. Yuurei didn't mind it so much in all honesty, but she wasn't in her best mood to talk considering she had been contemplating suicide for the last few months.

"Training by myself is much more calming and well earned. If I wanted to rely on others, I would call one of my high level guildmates and just let them drag me through all the quests in the game. I haven't earned that and I won't use an excuse to cheat the game." Was Yuurei's answer. She'd beat this game alone if she had to. This was merely the first step.

He nods his head and processes her answer taking his time to consider where she could be coming from with such an answer and he has multiple answers that form in his mind upon first inspection of such a sentence. One could easily assume a sense of self worth is invested and wanted from doing things by themselves and gaining the dopamine that would be associated with self sufficient successful work of this variety.  Though in the end he would have to forgo the first option based on the second part of her statement based on the need of not wanting to rely on others and viewing such things as cheating the games designs along with the negative connotation she painted with "drag" as her choice of word when describing such an event. So then i could possibly assume based on what you said that you either don't trust other people, but i would have to disagree with my statement of that since you're in a guild thus you do trust others to a extent. Thus is it more so about the need of success that you get from doing things then by yourself? Also why do you think asking people who are higher level is cheating? if it was cheating wouldn't the game have prevented that with level blocks from not allowing certain players helping? He asks calmly towards the girl in a genuinely curious tone his face betraying nothing else either since he is just genuinely curious about the thought process of the individual in front of him. Unable to help himself when doing so but to evaluate and come to a conclusion with himself adding a small mental footnote about her having said she hasn't earned such a right yet.

The girl took a few moments while Dagger responded to practice her form more. The katana would surely give in to her needs and activate a sword art if she just focuses and practices. Her sword sang through the air with every slash. The blade was nothing special, but it looked as though it could cut someone completely in half as sharp as it was.

"It's cheating because it's not what I want. This game is challenge to me and I will not try to wiggle my way out of it by relying on others to carry me on their back. I will face my fear head on and feel worth of what I've accomplished for once in my life. This world will not conquer me, or I will die, I do not care which." She said plainly. Her motives were simple, but no one could really understand what she had been through for the last few years in this game. She wanted to die for the longest time, but that was no way to live. It was merely a poor way to die.

He nods his head slowly as the older man just sits upon the ground and calmly looks towards the girl with a slight frown upon his face as he goes through various ideas of what could be clearly gnawing at this girl. As he can only just go bit by bit and try to find an answer through question and response to the best of his abilities. Well then i could only assume based on your words that you either fear being worthless, you fear the idea that you'll have nothing to show for any work you did. He says in a gentle tone of voice as he looks at her with a somber gaze within his eyes as he processes her words a bit more thinking through the responses. You don't fear death that much is obvious to me. Which leads me to assume you have nothing waiting for you on the outside. Though i guess i could also take your words as more so you fear stagnation as well just being stuck in once place mentally and or physically. He says with a shrug of his shoulders while gazing towards her trying to find any signs of a response be it a slight delay in her actions, a unconscious flinch from a certain set of words. Just anything that could give way to her true thoughts and feelings. Though sadly he is not able to see her face which makes analyzing things not in a perfect setting since in his years of life the face reveals many things to a individual such as lying, true emotional value on things through changes in how their face changes be it eyes narrowing or a slight frown forming from what he would say. Which if either of these is true i am sorry for what has led you to this path.

Yuurei slashes the blade through the air, a faint glow making it's presence know that she was making some semblance of progress on gaining the katana skill. However, the forest green hue was only active for a split second before it went away. No successive attempts yet, but she was making progress.

It was here that Dagger completely started to analyze her to the point of it seeming weird. Her muscles tensed a bit as she fumed about why this man was observing her like she was an animal. "What do you want from me? I am a person who is trying their best to change who they are and become a better person. You seem like someone who sticks their nose in other's business so much that you risk getting your hand cut off for reaching in the cookie jar."

The girl continued her training, letting out grunts with every attack.

• 4 weeks later...

With every strike, the pace of her blows against nothing would speed up. The dark green hue that she was attempting to finalize finally came to truth. The blade hued itself in a pleasing green color. Vibrant life hummed through the air before dissipating with her next attack. She could feel the power behind the blow, only able to smile at her accomplishment. In a moment, the samurai would open her menu and check to see if her katana skill had been full acquired now. Thankfully, it was.

Turning back to the roaming shop keep, she simply nodded while returning the weapon back to it's saya. "Thank you for joining me then. If you wish to talk to me again, I'm sure that we can find each other. For now, I am going to stick it alone. I'll make due with my power and stop relying on others to carry me on their backs. Have a good day."

Katana skill unlocked for Yuurei