[PP|F1] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Relieving some stress

Hisa returned to Lyle Tealeaf, the blacksmith she visited during an earlier quest. This time however, it was not about delivering a package. Instead, she wanted to look at equipment and weaponry she could use as decoration, since she thought about visiting the cash shop and spend some money to get a house.

The npc greeted her as she stepped through the door "Welcome back Hisa. Listen, I am short on some materials, like Boar Pup Tusks."  "Uh huh." she uttered, visibly distracted by her imagination running wild, thinking about furniture ."I was wondering if you could help me collect some." "Uh huh", Hisa replied, wondering if crossed swords would look nice or cheesy should she put them on the walls. "Great, please bring me 3 of them, I'll wait here with your payment once I recieved the materials.

"Uh huh." 'Quest accepted' "Wait, what?" The system messaged caused her to snap out of her trying to visualize her future home. Seconds later, the quest objective appeared on screen 'Kill Boar Pups until you've gathered three Boar Pup Tusks'. "Oh, great, fetch quest, yay." she sighed. "But hey, at least I get to relieve some stress, finally something to fight!" she exclaimed before turning around to leave the shop.

Outside, she opened up a private chat with Katoka "Hey, how's it going? I've just accepted a fetch quest and I wondered if you'd like to join me and hunt some boars, just like in the other mmorgs we played together."

Just for good measure, since the last guild members she met were really nice, she put out an open invitation as well: "Hey, once again, I'm on a quest. If anyone wants to join Katoka and me, feel free to meet us at the city gates in the town of beginnings."

Spoiler

Level: 5

HP: 100

EN: 10

Martial Arts Rank 1

Weapon: Resonance (+3 DMG)

Armor: Combat Vest (+3 EVA)

Trinket: Bag full of blinding sand (+3 ACC)

Edited by Hisa

Katoka was walking about the Town of Beginnings when she got a message ping, it looked like Hisa was making progress on the Lessons quests. She sent a quick reply:

Spoiler

Not a problem, I'm not too far so I'll meet you at the edge of town. See you soon!

-Katoka

She continued to stroll through the area, she had come back down to floor one to investigate future places to get a house. She managed to come across a voucher for a small one as a rare quest drop and she was excited to turn it in. She also was thinking about potential shop fronts as well, she wanted to pick up a profession soon and try to make some useful items for her guildmates. The blonde was holding her chin lost in thought when she realized she had stopped in the middle of the walkway. "Oh, I have to hurry, can't be late." She hurried along to the town exit closet to the the blacksmith and saw her small friend waiting there for her. "Hisa! Hey!" she ran up and hugged her, it's been a while, how have you been?"

Spoiler

Name: Katoka
Level: 12
HP: 240/240
EN: 24/24

Stats:
Damage: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
LD:1
BLD:12
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Mumyou Sandanzuki (T1/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Shinsengumi Yukata (T1/Perfect/Light Armor) | REC 2, EVA 1
Misc: Rabbit's Foot (T1/Perfect/Trinket) | ACC 2, LD 1

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions*3
Sand Armor Potion - +27 MIT (no stacking)*1

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Katoka

Vie saw the quest assistance request come through in the morning, it was both relieving yet terrifying at the same time. She knew this would be one of few opportunities to get back on track for the sequential quests again. Level capacity was approaching, she knew she should complete it sooner rather than later. Thus she shot back a reply,

Hope you don't mind if I crash the party!

It had been a while since she attempted to do the lesson quests, many things had happened since those days- getting more involved with the guild, earning a few friends, defeating big bosses... 

As she approached, She watched the fellow red haired girl with a guild icon exit the shop and assumed it had been the one who somehow knew Katoka. She took it upon herself to interact with the guild member she hadn't been familiar with before, "I'll just be a moment," yet for some reason she paused in front of the wooden door with sun rays streaming down from above, feeling some sort of fear. The glitch she had experienced scared her. What if it would happened again? Maybe it was just karma? Nonetheless, she wouldn't know if she didn't try.

After scooping up enough courage, the door creaked open and shut with a loud *thud* behind her. Entering the workshop, the NPC prompted her with the quest, giving her the same run down as he had before. With a click of the accept button Lyle murmerred, "Make sure you actually return with the materials this time," underneath his breath as she exited to join the party, "Hello again Katoka, Hisa- is it?" The girl questioned, slightly tilting her head having overheard the last segment of dialogue.

Spoiler

Vie | Lv. 11 | HP 220 | EN 22 | DMG 6 | BLD 24 [8-10]

Equipment
Cow Punchers [DMG I, BLD II]
Light Armor [Vanity]
Wabi-Sabi [LD III]

Skills
One-Handed Weapons [R1]
Two-Handed Weapons [R2]
Fishing

Edited by Vie

She returned Katoka's hug, then took a step back "Good to see you again! Oh, by the way, check my new gear out!". She started posing in front of her friend ensuring that she got a good view of every piece. "I got it from our guild! You really have a knack for finding the nicest people around." After taking another look at her equipment, Hisa sighed "I really need to find a way to repay them. I'm probably going to learn the cooking skill and try and fill the guild vault with buff food. Hopefully I can show some gratitude that way, I hate being deadweight."

Before she could continue, the two of them were interrupted by a fellow guild mate arriving. Hisa's heart jumped as she saw another redhead, roughly her height. Finally someone like her, at least visually. "Hi! Yes I'm Hisa. I hope the blacksmith wasn't too annoying, he really talks too much. Honestly, I kinda ignored him while he rambled and then the quest accepted thingy popped up, caught me by surprise." she giggled.

Edited by Hisa

Katoka was excited to help Hisa, and on top of that she got to hang out more with Vie as well. It was a win win in her book. "Of course you zoned out and didn't listen to him, you always skip the quest prompts and just accepted them when we played Realm of Battlecraft." she scoffed, "It's a good thing you've got the two of us here to help you, am I right Vie-chan?" she nudged the red head with her elbow playfully.

"I know Hisa from other games by the way, we used to play mmos and stuff back in the day." the blonde turned towards the exit. "Shall we embark on a boar slaughter spree now?" she opened the door for the two of them, "Right this way ladies, I believe our hog nosed friends are this way."

On the way to where the boars would spawn Katoka turned to Vie, "I think we've known each other long enough now that you can call me by my real name. It's Katsumi, or Katsu by my friends." she smiled at her and put up a peace sign with winking at her.

She exits, finding Katoka having stood beside the second redhaired female she'd met while playing SAO, though she didn't want to remember the first. She internally questioned whether Hisa would be similar, quickly deflecting the thought as she seemed far too friendly to be. "Oh, he basically warne-" Her speech function was interrupted as she questioned whether she should explain the situation to them or not as her voice trailed off and she returned to listening instead of speaking. Feeling the bonde's elbow touch her slightly she responds, "Damn, I wish I could've met you online too..." Her mind wandering off and imagining how it might've been like in that case, and then coming back to Earth as the blonde takes the lead. Vie feels sort of self-conscious, as if she were slacking as her guild mate seemed to already have completed the quest, knowing exactly where to go... 

Nonetheless, she trails ever so slightly behind her. As they follow the narrow concrete passages that eventually directly route them to the outside world, she hears Katoka's real name for the first time. Immediately she asks a rather stupid question, "Can I call you Kokatsu by chance?" She asks, vividly remembering the warmth of her palms before feeling awkwardly embarrassed over the idiocy of her previous statement, pondering whether it was completely rude or not. Her eyes absentmindedly follow the ground's segmented cobble maze, "I... wish I could encounter previous online friends on SAO too. They were always amazing to hang out with," reminiscing of the outside world as the group traveled.

After they left the city gates, Hisa visibly flinched for a second "Sorry about that, I just had a flashback of getting sandblasted. There's a quest on floor five that's just, ugh. Didn't mean to startle you guys." Looking down in shame for a second before she continued walking, picking up the pace significantly. She couldn't wait fo finally use the skills and gear she gained with the help of her new friends.

After 30 minutes of walking towards the area Katoka indicated, they arrived. The blonde was right, the boar pups were everywhere. "Alright" she said, cracking her knuckles "time to blow off some steam.". This game had first trapped her inside of this virtual prison and then freightened her to the point where she felt helpless. This was her chance to get at least some form of revenge. She would prove to herself that she would no longer be scared, as long as she had her friends.

"Please let me take the first one, I need this." she announced while reaching into her bag, grabbing a handfull of sand. She waited about 5 seconds for the others to voice their opinions before she rushed towards the closest pup.

"Over here!" she shouted, to get the attention of the small beast. As she saw it running towards her, Hisa waited until it got close, then threw the sand into it's eyes which allowed her to barely dodge the boars wild charge. This was the opening she needed. With a vengeful glare, she twisted her torso and waist, delivering a swift yet crushing kick to the beasts temple. Hitting it with the part of Resonance where 'Freedom' was inscribed. "Go to hell!" she yelled as the beast was violently kocked to the side before it exploded into hundreds of glowing shards.

Spoiler

boar_pup_1.jpg.2e057f69ca40dd4d8e315eedc4f46365.jpg

BD: 3+3(Blinding Sand) = 6 -> Hit

Dmg: 1 (Base) + 3 (Martial Arts Rank 1) + 3 (Resonance) = 7

Mob: 6 - 3 (Combat Vest) = 3 -> Miss

Boar Pup HP: 5 - 7 = -2  -> Kill

Edited by Hisa

Katoka blushed a bit, she had never had a nickname given to her by anyone; Just the one her parents had given her when she was little. "Y-Yeah of course, you can call me that." she led the group to the field full of boars and let Hisa start punching her opponents. She stood back and left her hand on her sword in case anything happened, "You punch all you need. I'll stand here and keep watch in case you need help. I would just one hit everything now anyways." she laughed nervously. "Plus I didn't grab the quest so I'd just be stealing you mobs."

It was amusing watching his friend sling sand about and beat the boar's heads in, she almost felt a bit bad for them. Looking about, the blonde felt almost like an overprotective mother watching her child race about the playground. She laughed to herself knowing that if she told Hisa that she would probably punch her.

Edited by Katoka

As the group exited through the wooden city gates, approaching an area that appeared to be dedicated to spawning lower level mobs for new players to absolutely decimate... She watched her newly acquired friend as they scurried off menacingly to kill some of the peacefully grazing beasts, throwing sand into a few of their eyes as they make painful squeals while panicking and running around. The female seemed to have obtained the Martial Arts skill as well. Vie contemplates a way that won't leave Katoka out of the situation and will keep her from being too frustrated at herself- something fun... "The one who kills the most boars wins! There are plenty to go around!" She shouted loud enough for both of them to hear hoping to ignite their competitive gamer spirits as she, too, joined Hisa beyond the smaller hills to a particularly flatter area. 

Jumping off one of the hills, she plants her fist into one of the Boar's heads, hitting their skull towards the ground as their corpse disintegrating- the dropped tusk gracefully picked up as she continued her onslaught of attacks- the surrounding mobs sort of cautious around the girl as she one-by-one struck them into crystalized forms as they were whisked away by some foreign wind. This had been easier than she remembered, she was... Actually feeling happy- more herself as she hit each mob. A prideful grin that would creepy to any bystander began to form on her face without her realization, her upward curved lips becoming more menacing as bloodied corpses flew, it... definitely wasn't ladylike.

Spoiler

Vie Attacks! [Aggressive Twins]*3 ID# 162704, BD 8. Hit! Dealing DMG 6 (1 base + 1 enchant + 4 skill)
8 EN spent on attack                        ID# 162705, BD 6. Hit! Dealing DMG 6 (1 base + 1 enchant + 4 skill)
                                                           ID# 162706, BD 10. Crit! Dealing DMG 6 (1 base + 1 enchant + 4 skill)

Players
Vie | HP: 220/220 | EN: 15/22 (regen 1) | DMG: 6 | BLD 24 [8-10]

Enemies
[DEAD] Boar #2 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (ID# 162707, LD 15 (+3 trinket) LD 18. Success!)
[DEAD] Boar #3 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (ID# 162708, LD 4 (+3 trinket) LD 7. Fail.)
[DEAD] Boar #4 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (ID# 162709, LD 1 (+3 trinket) LD 4. Fail.)

Results
Vie kills 3*Boar, 1/3 quest mats for Vie!

Edited by Vie

"Bet!" Hisa replied to Vie's challenge. Looting the small crystal left behind by the boar pup she just killed, she managed to acquire the first of the three tusks she needed. As soon as she placed it into her inventory she stood up again and took a look around to see if other mobs were nearby. As she scanned the landscape, she caught the other readhead slaughtering a whole group while flashing a smile. "Oh so that's how you wanna do this, alright." she uttered, her competitiveness fired up even more,  before looking at Katoka, shouting "Come down here and join the fun!".

She spotted a new group of four pups, rushing towards Vie. Without hesitation she ran towards her, filling both of her hands with sand before yelling "Duck!". As her party member's form lowered, she vaulted over her back, throwing sand in an arch as to hit every incoming enemy. With all of them blinded, they halted their charge, trying to shake the coarse material out off their eyes.

Hisa began her rampage. Using her momentum, she delivered a split kick to the first two. Landing on her hands, she pushed herself to the right, dropkicking the third beast. Using it's head like a springboard she vaulted again, flipping to axekick the remaining one. 

With the mobs exploding, she took a second to confidently grin at Vie "That's five for me so far" in the hopes of her not seeing through Hisa's bluff, this sequence of attacks took everything she had.

To her surprise, two of the shards left behind by her victims contained the remaining tusks she needed. She placed them into her inventory and the quest progress updated to 'Return to Lyle Tealeaf'. 

There was no reason to stop yet though, as eventhough Katoka already finished the quest, Vie still needed some tusks. Besides, there was more fun to be had fighting these creatures.

Spoiler

Loot from first boar pup form previous post.

Boar_pup_loot_1.jpg.7de2b990bb6079559f9b7da6c27916bf.jpg

Boar Pup Tusk : 1/3

Used 10 EN (Agressive Twins vs 4 Enemies, all hit)

EN now: 0/10

Aggressive_Twins_Complete.jpg.daaea329c414f33a32c802ab07f5cb66.jpg

MOB:

Boar #5: : 8-3(Combat Vest) = 5 Miss

Boar #6: : 4-3(Combat Vest) = 1 Miss

Boar #7: : 4-3(Combat Vest) = 1 Miss

Boar #8: : 1-3(Combat Vest) = -2 Miss

Hit:

Boar #5: BD: 3+3(Blinding Sand) = 6 Hit

Boar #6: BD: 10+3(Blinding Sand) = 13 Crit

Boar #7: BD: 4+3(Blinding Sand) = 7 Hit 

Boar #8: BD: 10+3(Blinding Sand) = 13 Crit

Boar Pup Max HP: 5

DMG:

Boar #5: BD: [1(Base)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1)+3(Resonance)]*2(Agressive Twins) = 14 DMG - Kill

Boar #6: BD: [1(Base)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1)+3(Resonance)+2(Crit)]*2(Agressive Twins) = 18 DMG - Kill

Boar #7: BD: [1(Base)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1)+3(Resonance)]*2(Agressive Twins) = 14 DMG - Kill

Boar #8: BD: [1(Base)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1)+3(Resonance)+2(Crit)]*2(Agressive Twins) = 18 DMG - Kill

Loot from these 4 boar pups:

tusks_2.jpg.903f2a37a662cbefb581cb1b69bf2ef7.jpg

Boar#5 dropped Tusk (LD12)

Boar #8 dropped Tusk (LD 17)

Boar Pup Tusks: 3/3

Edited by Hisa

Katoka felt her eye twitch a bit, "So they want a competition huh?" she smiled, "Alright, you're asking for it. I've got new skills I've been meaning to test out anyways!" she small blonde ran out into the field and stopped in the middle of four boars that were closely grouped together. She drew her katana and began charging her aoe skill, her sword began to glow and she unleashed her attack on her foes.

Only she managed to miss every single one. "Uh... Whoops." she said as the boars turned their attention on her. "We uh, we can talk about this right guys?" the four mobs squealed and charged at her. The small samurai dodged as much as she could, managing to thankfully be hit by only one of her new friends. The hit barely took anything from her actual HP, it was her pride that had taken the most damage of all.

Spoiler

attack.png.9b7607f4a8dc81537d1536d5ac10f0cb.png

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 | 3 DMG << MISS
Boar Pup 2: 5/5 | 3 DMG << MISS
Boar Pup 3: 5/5 | 3 DMG << MISS
Boar Pup 4: 5/5 | 3 DMG << MISS

boar.png.08cb94638e9cc742912449128272ec26.png

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 | 3 DMG >> MISS
Boar Pup 2: 5/5 | 3 DMG >> MISS
Boar Pup 3: 5/5 | 3 DMG >> MISS
Boar Pup 4: 5/5 | 3 DMG >> HIT

Katoka | HP:237/240 | EN:22/24 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Edited by Katoka

The girl watches as her fellow party members get riled up over the seemingly ever-spawning mobs in a competitive fashion. Practically her twin, the fellow martial artist uses the same ability to kill 4 boars. Just one more than her, yet all of them dropped dead. It felt much more impressive than hers had. Meanwhile Katoka attempts to slice all of the boars open with her new Katana, completely failing. Vie's stifled laugh bubbles over as one of the boars successfully attacks the petite girl.

Continuing to do the same attack against groups of three, this time she attempted to sweep the creature in front of her's legs out from under them- unstabilize the enemy. This completely failed as she kicked their legs of steel- immediately dropping and rolling in pain despite the nonexistent damage dealt. Her three newfound boar friends decided to surround her, each of them ending up on their backs flailing about in some sort of marvelous feat. "I guess... I'm not much good either," she muttered in an inaudible fashion while reflecting on how easy it seemed to hit them the first time, yet how difficult it had been now for some strange reason. Maybe she was running out of energy. Maybe she should take a break... One line echoed throughout her head, 'I don't want to disappoint.'

Spoiler

Vie Attacks! [Aggressive Twins]*3 ID# 162836, BD 2. Miss!
2 EN spent on attack                        ID# 162837, BD 5. Miss! 
                                                             ID# 162838, BD 4. Miss!

Boar #5 Attacks! ID# 162839, MD 2. Miss!
Boar #6 Attacks! ID# 162841, MD 2. Miss!
Boar #7 Attacks! ID# 162842, MD 2. Miss!

Players
Vie | HP: 220/220 | EN: 13/22 (regen 1) | DMG: 6 | BLD 24 [8-10]

Enemies
Boar #5 | HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

Boar #6 | HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boar #7 | HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

Results
Vie misses all the boars, all the boars miss Vie.

Edited by Vie

'This isn't good' Hisa thought as she looked around, both of her team members encircled by boar pups. Breathing heavily as she was bottomed out on energy, she figured that the best strategy was to try and help Katoka as she was surrounded by more enemies than Vie.

She sprinted towards the blonde, as quickly as her body would allow her to, given the strain she put on it beforehand. To her disappointment she was not nearly as fast as she had hoped. "Goddamnit" she uttered, knowing that her power came from speed and agility, not raw strength. Because of that, realizing that she could not even bring herself to a full sprint was a bad omen. 

Nevertheless, Hisa hoped that her sand would be able to even the odds. During her advance, that slowed down to a fast jog at this point, she grabbed another hand full of the blinding material. 

"Over here, you four legged freak!" she yelled, throwing the orange mist. Her lack of speed was demonstrated by the beast easily sidestepping the material, causing her subsequent kick to miss, but enabling her to roll between the beasts and rise to her feet next to the katana wielder. 

"Just so we are clear Katsu, you never saw me missing." she announced while catching her breath. "Surrounded by enemies because we're both idiots, it really is just like old times." she chuckled, pressing her back tightly against her real-life friend's, to ensure that no fiend would be able to attack them from a blind spot.

Spoiler

pup_miss_1.jpg.ebe2d6a2ef5c11e7c089608f8ea582e2.jpg

Boar Pup MOB: 7-3(Combat Vest) = 4 Miss

BD: 2+3(Blinding Sand) = 5 Miss

Total EN = 0/10

Edited by Hisa

Katoka laughed at her old friend, "Good thing I've got a nice pool of HP so even if I get quad teamed by these pigs I'll still come out on top." She re-assumed her stance and took a deep breath, clearing her mind like her sensei had taught her. The small samurai charged her sword skill again and barreled forwards into her enemies. She cut down three of her enemies but the fourth managed to avoid her at the last second causing her to trip on a small stone and stumble forward a bit. The boar took this opportunity to charge at the blonde but her training took effect and she dodged out of the way with ease, jumping into a back flip and landing behind the boar.

"Well, that was better than last time." she announced as she backed up a few feet from her target. "I'm just getting warmed up, I'll catch up in no time."

Spoiler

pigs.png.657db91b2e9084912e3c275306fa7448.png

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT
Boar Pup 2: 5/5 | 3 DMG << MISS
Boar Pup 3: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT
Boar Pup 4: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT

boarvs.png.c8c93b358de047de97a93b162d0fa68e.png

Boar Pup 2: 5/5 | 3 DMG >> MISS

Katoka | HP:237/240 | EN:16/24 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Edited by Katoka

Vie watches in her peripheral whilst the two sort gather tons of boars around them, while wanting to be of help- she knew she needed to focus on the problem at hand. She stared at the three boars and wondered what would be the most efficient way to punch through them. Punching the closest boars to her, she watches the two dematerialize leaving her with nothing but loot. Finally- Finally... She had properly completed the quest. It had taken long enough. Forgetting that combat was still taking place, she let her guard down the one squealing boar she had yet to correctly punch trying to bury its horns into her skin, being successful in that matter and tearing away some of the vanity cloth that felt to serve no purpose with how full of holes it had been at this point. Vie's irritation is immediately honed in on this one singular creature.

Spoiler

Vie Attacks! [Aggressive Twins]*3 ID# 163131, BD 6. Hit! Dealt 6+ DMG
6 EN spent on attack                        ID# 163132, BD 10. Crit! (+2) Dealt 6+ DMG
                                                             ID# 163133, BD 5. Miss!

Boar #7 Attacks! ID# 163134, MD 9. Hit! Dealt 3 DMG to Vie

Players
Vie | HP: 217/220 | EN: 7/22 (regen 1) | DMG: 6 | BLD 24 [8-10]

Enemies
[DEAD] Boar #5 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (ID# 163135, LD 13 (+3 trinket) LD 16. Success!)
[DEAD] Boar #6 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (ID# 162136, LD 8 (+3 trinket) LD 11. Success!)

Results
Vie kills two boars, one boar hits Vie. All 3 mats collected!

Edited by Vie

"How kind of you to leave one for me." the readhead remarked smugly after her party member slaughtered three out of the four beasts that surrounded them. Filling both of her hands with sand, she calmly walked towards the remaining pup near her. "Well well well, charging us didn't do you any good now, did it?" before slamming the coarse material directly into the creatures eyes. As the boar squealed, she seized the opportunity, grabbing onto its neck fur and jumping on it's back. "Forward, noble steed!" she shouted after having mounted the animal, kicking it in it's sides in an effort to get it to run. 

The game however registered these kicks as attacks. A second later, the mob began to glow and explode, leading Hisa to fall on her behind. "This game just hates fun." she grumbled. After standing up and patting the dirt and grass off of her clothes, Hisa, with a wide grin on her face, announced "That's six for me by the way.".

Spoiler

pup_kill_kat1.jpg.2d4e2084097a5be5cefb648576fbead5.jpg

EN 0/10 -> Regen 1, attack hit

MOB: 6 - 3(Combat Vest) = 3 Miss

BD: 5 + 3(Blinding Sand) = 8 Hit

DMG: 1(Base)+3(Resonance)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1) = 7

Boar Pup HP: 5 - 7 = -2 Kill

No Drop

Edited by Hisa

"You stole my kill!" Katoka laughed, riding the boar and kicking it to death was not what she had expected for sure. "I'll catch up in no time, don't you worry." she turned and made her way to another grouping of boars. Once again she collected herself and unleashed another aoe sword skill on the four unsuspecting boars. This time she hit her mark on all of them, sending bursts of polygons all around her. She returned her katana to it's home at her side and smiled, "I believe that puts me at seven now?"

Out of the corner of her eye she catches the sight of Vie being attacked by her boar, her clothing being torn and it's tusk damaging her leg. "Vie! Do you need help?" she called out concerned. She didn't want to hop in and take over of she had things under control, however her hand gripped her sword in case she called for assistance.

Spoiler

pigfight.png.f8483fd73bf48f71f1deca30bdb63d14.png

Boar Pup 5: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT
Boar Pup 6: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT
Boar Pup 7: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT
Boar Pup 8: 5/5 | 3 DMG << HIT

Katoka | HP:237/240 | EN:8/24 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Edited by Katoka

The last boar. Just... one last boar and all of this could be over with. Vie focused in on the boar with rage, running towards it and jumping off of the obstacle-filled terrain despite it being quite desolate. Losing her footing at the very last second, she instead falls onto her back and stares at the sky for a minute... 'Yup... still blue,' before realizing that her boar had gone on the loose and headed towards the two others in a fit of fury, they had all killed his brethren. If he couldn't kill the redhead with ease, then mob would attempt to sniff out the weakest link to at least takedown with him. The female now sat up and slightly out of breath contemplates what would make up for her stubborn nature in not letting others help or perhaps not trusting them to help, eventually saying "First one to kill it gets an IOU of their choice," in a gradually decrescendo-ed and worried voice haphazardly hoping no one would've heard it and immediately regretting her decision.

Spoiler

Vie Attacks! [Embracer] ID# 163827, BD 3. Miss!
4 EN spent on attack                        

Boar #7 Attacks! ID# 163828, MD 1. Miss!

Players
Vie | HP: 217/220 | EN: 4/22 (regen 1) | DMG: 6 | BLD 24 [8-10]

Enemies

Results
Vie & Boar #7 miss
All 3 mats already collected!

Edited by Vie

"A tie with Katoka and an IOU from Vie? Sign me up!" Hisa exclaimed rushing towards the final boar. A few steps in, her body failed to comply once again. 'Come on, come on, come on! Don't fail me now, stupid virtual body!' circled through her head. Her energy bar still showing zero as she approached the charging boar as fast as she could. 

Seconds before they would meet head on, finally, 1 Energy regenerated. "Aaaand seven!" she shouted as she leapt forward, tucking her legs in until she was above the creature's body, when she exploded them downwards, ramming the pup into the ground. 

That hit killed the mob, but brought her back to 0 energy mid aid. Her vision blurred and her ears started ringing, causing her to not exactly stick the landing afterwards. She tumbled down the tiny decline until the landed flat on her back. "Alright," she started before she was interrupted by having to inhale heavily due to exhaustion "I didn't expect the ground to be this slippery." she chuckled. 

'I should really use my energy more wisely or I'm gonna end up passing out during a quest some day.' she figured,  before standing back up. 

"I think we're done and as fun as it is, killing more boar pups won't help us in the long run. We should head back to town." she announced.

Spoiler

last_pup.jpg.46f39af9d5ead612a0a3d061a45316fb.jpg

MOB: 1 - 3 (Combat Vest) = -2 Miss

BD: 9 + 3 (Blinding Sand) = 12 Hit

DMG: 1+3(Resonance)+3(Martial Arts Rank 1) + 1 (Crit) = 8

Boar Pup HP: 5-8 = -3 Kill

Edited by Hisa

Katoka pouted, "I suppose we can head back, but next time it won't be a draw." she laughed, "Come on you two, maybe we can take some time and relax once you both turn this quest in." she returned her sword to it's saya and turned back to town. Leading the two red heads back Katoka felt happy she could spend time with the two of them. Despite how frustrating it had been in the beginning to miss as often as she did, she still felt warm inside from the bonds they were forming.

Once back at the blacksmith the two women turned in their quest and received their rewards. "Well, all in a days work I suppose. What do you say we grab something to eat before we jump right into the next lesson?" she patted Hisa and Vie on their heads. "Unless you'd rather keep going, I don't mind either way." she said before her stomach let out a loud rumble causing her to turn beat read. "Um, I may be a bit hungry."

Rewards

Spoiler

Hisa

• 1 Tier one weapon with one (1) slot damage or 1 Tier one (heavy or light) armor with one (1) slot mitigation
  • A potion of 'Safeguard' that can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player
  • 4 SP (2 Quest, 1 Thread, 1 Event)
  • 200 Col

Vie

• 1 Tier one weapon with one (1) slot damage or 1 Tier one (heavy or light) armor with one (1) slot mitigation
  • A potion of 'Safeguard' that can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player
  • 4 SP (2 Quest, 1 Thread, 1 Event)
  • 200 Col

Katoka

• 2 SP (1 Thread, 1 Event)

Edited by Katoka