[PP-10] Dark Shadows Meet Light (Leeching Lich SoW2)

"Styx."  It was a name and a myth bandied about far too casually, in his opinion.  Everyone borrowed and re-skinned it to suit their purposes, but he knew the actual lore.  The perils and majesty of the river Styx were not to be so easily dismissed or trivialized.  Freyd had no illusions about the dangers of this particular mission, but felt confident that he and Raidou would be victorious.  Their fighting styles and mindsets were synchronized to an extent thus far unparalleled with any others he had encountered on Aincrad.  The man had insight.  It was a rare and invaluable trait, and confirmed his choice of guild beyond any shadow of a doubt.

"Shadows."  There would be plenty up ahead, and they would bring their own with them.  Freyd was certain the Raidou had his own.  He held his ace in his hand.  Forgiven Disobedience.  How aptly named the weapon was, and had proven to be since @NIGHT had cast it aside.  He thought of moments like its sudden arrival the day he first crossed the threshold at the main gates of the Town of Beginnings.  Whatever hate the random number generator might have for him, fortune smiled upon him in other more meaningful ways.

@Raidou

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 39
HP: 800/800
EN: 78/78

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 63
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
KEEN:1
HLY:2
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Forgiven Disobedience (T1-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, BLD 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T2-LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion (50 hp)*3
Teleport Crystals*2
Turkish March *2
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik*5
Super-Duper Snake Sauce*2

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

A careful read of the description of the quest's requirements filled him with the familiarity of the Lich from floor 14's darkened halls, a parallel easily drawn between them. As before this one would be cut down without a sweat broken, even more so given the inclusion of Freyd. Curiouser still his notes claimed that Holy enhancements are enhanced when facing the creature, which Raidou had his suspicions of Freyd's gear by comparison to his own sword it was notably different despite the same coloring. The night was ripe but concealed in the teal fog that formed on this floor, the strange growths producing a mass of hovering spores over the large lake in illumination. Adjusting his glasses to an eerie green glow, Raidou looks for the other captain who had already taken to scouting the environment out for anything he'd have to offer curious where he would be hiding out at first glance.

Raidou | HP:1370/1370 | EN:134/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68

Spoiler

Raidou, Vanguard Captain
Level: 67
HP: 1370/1370
EN: 134/134

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 4
BH:68
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R1 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*2
Eye of Midas - Larceny [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Prosperity
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

"I'm here, Wanderer, as I said I would be."  Freyd emerged from the nauseating miasma with his garments wrapped tight and a mask over most of his face to keep out the fumes.  Only his unusually reddish eyes glimmered beneath his darkened cowl.  "The river is up ahead, and I trust that no warnings of its fickle nature will be warranted."  His white blade crackled lightly at his side, abuzz with the hanging, ambient presence of undeath in the stale air. Further conversation was unnecessary.  They both knew what they were here to do, and what it would entail.  

Like a ghost, Freyd melded back into the fog, his dark silhouette remaining just at the limits of visibility as the clouds recoiled at his very presence, yet rapidly closed in again behind him.  The Stygian river revealed its banks to them a short while later, its surface smooth and calm with unnatural stillness that gave it a mirror sheen despite that signs of skeletal movement beneath its surface.  Freyd pointed left, along the shoreline, indicating their path towards their destination.  His booted feet tread lightly on the shore, making certain not to dip themselves within the cursed waters.

Spoiler

Travel Post [1/3]

With a fitting muttered word, Freyd seemed to manifest through the fog adorned in his suited blackened cloth allowing only a piercing red and what little skin to bleed through. "I assumed as much." Raidou comments and letting the captain lay down his own analysis before they would compare notes. "No, lets hope what I purchased is worth its weight in coin." the nomad remarks ripping his weapon from its sheath causing the fog around him to gain opacity with the light produced as Freyd fades into a flicker out of reality as quickly as he had come. Heading along the shore of the vast lake, knowing that despite not having a direct sight on his companion he was acting as a lethal shade at his back. Pressing forward as the miasma of red started to mix with the floors, as Raidou began to channel intention into fury and prepare for what was to come with a sudden twist of his lenses.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte!

Raidou | HP:1370/1370 | EN:129/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68 | VENGEFUL

Spoiler

Travel Post [2/3]

Freyd wandered in the thick acrid fog, though it bothered him little.  Dwelling on floor thirteen and all the time he and Persi had spent on floor five had inured him to these types of environmental effects.  They were a mere tactical nuisance to him.  He found himself surprisingly eager for a fight, especially if Raidou had something up his sleeve.  The stillness of the water was the only thing that disturbed him.  He knew full well that it constantly looked that way, until it didn't, which was when things usually went badly.  

"It occurred to me that I should probably get to know the other players in O&I.  Kiluia's a got a strong and kind heart, but he doesn't strike me as the strong organizational type."  He made a face at the thought of potential disarray in the logistics division, but didn't want to dwell on someone else's challenges.  "I think it's only Kasumi and Setsuna at this point.  Is there anything you can tell me about them, before I call our first meeting."

Spoiler

Travel Post [3/3]

Flickering into his side as they traversed the rather low level floor, looking for their quarry through the gloom of blue. It would be some time before they reached the perimeter that the quest had set on their mini map, and moments of discussion would be an effective use of the time spent. "Perhaps, although it won't be easy. They were disorganized from the beginning, Kiluia had the odds stacked against him. Kasumi, has a problem dealing with a killing blow which she is working on per my orders. Setsuna, the opposite: she aims for blood so adamantly that she will expend everything she has on tap for a kill, an equal weakness for its hazardous all she works with. More so they seem to fight without supervision, opposing viewpoints. You'll have your hands full but both of them are amping up to be stealth based scouts and should prove useful once it is ironed out." Raidou offered a rundown on flaws alone, for most of the positives were irrelevant. 

A mischievous smile slowly crept up Freyd's partially covered face.

"That sounds like a perfect opportunity for a mission.  Field work is an excellent way to work out incompatibilities.  Nature and fate are quick to work things out when you put opposites at odds with each other.  I might have to manipulate the circumstances a bit to make them see the benefits of their counterpart's point of view, but it should be more effective than having them cat claw at each other."  He chuckled lightly at the thought.

"Can I assume that this might have had something to do with my sudden promotion?"  Freyd had been holding onto that question for the right moment.  This seemed a far better opportunity than anywhere within ear shot of the guild hall. Something bobbed in the water, momentarily drawing his attention, but it proved to be nothing.  Maybe even the Styx had fish in it, not that he would ever want to eat one.

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

With the corner of his mouth twisting ever so softly, the answer was pleasing and was one he had hoped to hear. "Agreed, the few I had brought them on seemed to at least lessen the friction between them but it needs to be removed entirely. I am sure given the nature of the work your division is responsible for, It needs no words to how important operating fluidly is." Raidou elaborates for just a moment and the last bit of his quarry had struck truer than the last. "Precisely, they need a strong hand. No offering of nurture, I don't need children but soldiers. After what I heard in the guild hall that day with the upstarts, I knew you were right for it." he comments as the growing grin had taken just a bit more of a curve on his face. It seemed cold, but there was no room for error or disagreements when in the thick of enemy territory.

Freyd nodded his agreement.  

"We may need soldiers, but we have gamers.  Everything I've seen of players to date reminds me more of mythical Greek legends, or Roman gladiators.  They fight individually and with only loose awareness of purpose and coordination.  A small handful can be molded to better function.  Most would resist and would serve better as agitators, skirmishers, or scouts.  Some, unfortunately, might never be well suited for combat.  I guess we fight on their behalf."  Freyd paused and realized that Raidou had very likely already played through this thought exercise.  His captains were where he needed them.  He shook his head for not having played it through to the next step.  Of course he would have.  This is chess, not PvP.

"So where does that leave you in all of this?  Do you actually have interest in being the guild leader, or is it your intention to take your place only as vanguard captain?  The others defer to you because of your knowledge and experience, but what role is it you actually want?"

A finger pressed on the linking bridge on his glasses, pushing them a bit upward with a further shared agreement between the two captains. "Agreed, which is a sentiment that our opponents do not share. They operate perfectly together as a hive mind and have seemingly unending resources at their disposal so to compete we must match this at least to some degree. Everyone has a part to play, and I would hope that most would play at least one of them. A level is only a number, not an excuse to take to inaction." he elaborates his own feelings to Freyd simply as a confirmation of a shared perspective. "Acting as vanguard captain simply because I am suitable for the position, acting as an alchemist and as a provisionalist when necessary. Playing my part in all this, I take no throne or pedestal, frankly, I see that the guild leader exists only to form the foundation and would hope that all the guild members have an equal voice and shared experience."

"Understood."  We each fill the niches that must be filled.  It was a pragmatic approach that he could work with easily enough.  It suited his own style near to perfection.  

Something bobbed in the water again, attracting his attention.  Freyd stood still as a corpse as the red mists swirled around him, watching and waiting.  The motion failed to recur, which only increased his alertness.  Scanning also away from the shore, just to be caution, he resumed his walk, but summoned his sword to hand.  Danger was in lurking mode, but would not be content to remain there indefinitely.  Its hunger would force it to action eventually.  He meant to be ready.

"I'm a bit surprised that you hadn't run these quests yet.  There must not be many remaining that you haven't run through."  Freyd continued their whispered banter, but his eyes maintained their watch as they walked.  Behind them, the mist absorbed their tracks on the black, sandy shore, eroded by the sudden appearance of quiet lapping ripples.

It was rather easy for him and Freyd to see eye to eye, in him it seemed like his own reflection of a forced persona. Perhaps it was why it was so easy to leave it absent. The luminous lake seemed to stir for a moment, Raidou was prepared for anything if it would rise from it being ever cautious but it left more to the imagination then a surprise attack. A thickened film of red mixed with the produced fog from it, as if he was fighting the floor itself. A comment from Freyd draws his attention to a divide and was owed a response, keeping his eyes fixated to the water as he does "Quite a few, I don't enjoy rushing into things unprepared. As such I've more than left most of them behind in difficulty. Turns out my preparations caused me to be overqualified once I deemed myself ready to take them on."

"Not a problem I ever expected to have, and yet encounter more frequently these days."  Freyd skulked along, lightening his steps unconsciously as he sought to minimize any sign of their presence.  The leather of his gloves creaked softly as he tightened his grip on his weapon.  "I suppose it has to happen to all of us eventually. Though I truly wasn't expecting to reach this point so quickly."  The mist was beginning to swirl in different patterns than before.  Most would have missed it completely, but his analytical mind read the world in accordance with the weave of its patterns and exceptions.  Something was out there, or several somethings.  The same play in the subtle breeze recurred at multiple points around them.

"I'd wager that we won't be left alone much longer.  The dark is starting to look hungry."  He drew a quick X in the sand, indicating the four directions of the shades seeking to encircle them.  "You might want to finish preparing any of those preparations, if you haven't already done so."

As expected Freyd had no issue picking up on the subtle shifts in the wind as he had, a shared level of perception that showed that the absence of activity was in fact an omen that it existed. Looking down at the drawn diagram that the whisper had drawn, it seemed as he had picked them out trying to sneak up upon them. Still blind to an exact location, Freyd would have to lead the charge and blindside them before they could act. "As ready as ever, shall we begin?" Raidou asked the fellow captain with a reflection of his lenses as his hatred began to swell and prime itself for those that thought they had the upper hand. Taking his hand to the hilt of the gleaming blade on his back with a nod and a smirk on his face, to those perceptive enough it would be obvious he was ready to pounce.

Edited by Raidou

Tossing Forgiven Disobedience in the air, Freyd caught its hilt and unleashed his sword art in a white blinding arc to Raidou's right, spinning the follow up with another wave on the opposite side.  The choral splendor of angel song what accompanied the blade's mightiest blows seemed to resound more proudly here, in the deepest of darkness.  Four ancient specters of heroes long lost manifested from the red haze, as if drawn into the light by the white blade's calling.  Saluting in respect, each crumbled into a shower of dazzling dust that collected at Freyd's back like a pair of gossamer wings.  He drove the blade into the ground and they flapped once before disappearing, beating back the mist and revealing their true opponent, the Leech Lich, hovering before them.  Hefting the blade in an upward guard, he let its light loose to illuminate their target before speaking to his companion.

"Your turn."

Spoiler

image.png.f5c67dcdc973e1a83c86ac0da3f5c0fc.png

Players:
(1-6) Freyd | HP:800/800 | EN:78/78 | DMG:18 | MIT:63 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:2 | BLD:12
(7-12) Raidou | HP:1370/1370 | EN:134/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68 | VENGEFUL

BD: 5 + 4  = 9 (hit).  Freyd deals (144 – 5 = 139) damage to Stygian Warrior #1.  Killed.
BD: 10 + 4  = 14 (Crit +2, Holy 2, bld 12)).  Freyd deals (176 – 5 = 171 + 12 bld = 183) damage to Stygian Warrior #2.  Killed.
BD: 6 + 4  = 10 (hit).  Freyd deals (144 – 5 = 139) damage to Stygian Warrior #3.  Killed.
BD: 3 + 4  = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (144 – 5 = 139) damage to Stygian Warrior #4.  Killed.

Mobs:
(0,0) The Leech Lich | HP:250/250 | DMG:50 | MIT:25 | ACC:2 | PROTECTED | FLN IMMUNE | HLY WEAK (+25 DMG)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #1 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1 | PROTECTION (100-139)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #2 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1 | PROTECTION (100-183)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #3 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1 | PROTECTION (100-139)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #4 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1 | PROTECTION (100-139)
Leech: Four «Stygian Warriors» spawn with the boss when the River is found. «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.

Ripping his own bastard sword from its scabbard as an almost subsonic boom collides with the creature as it's barrier falls. The mist fades in one wide sweep of his blade in a trail of gold, reciprocated by light in its own that sears the black tapestry upon the undead horror to ash revealing the labyrinth of bones underneath it. A spin of the handle as his target steams from the solar light. A recoil met with a scatter of bones that fires off small needles in a shower, Raidou pivots his weapon in a rake upward evaporating all but one small sliver. "Please." Raidou fiddles with his glasses as the smallest sliver of his HP depletes before recovering immediately, the boss they were facing was so overwhelmingly outmatched he could not help but feel some semblance of pity for what was to come next. After all, the cardinal disabled the creature's ability to flee and this was over before it began.

Raidou casts Concentration!

ID# 163345 results: Battle: 2+4+1=7, Hit! dealing 234-25=209 damage to The Leech Lich!

ID# 163346 results: MOB: 8-4+2=6, Hit dealing (50-106)*.5=1 damage to Raidou proc'ing vengeful 50*.5=25-25=1 damage, recovers 1*.33=1 HP

Players:
(1-6) Freyd | HP:800/800 | EN:65/78 | DMG:18 | MIT:63 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:2 | BLD:12
(7-12) Raidou | HP:1369/1370 | EN:124/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68

Mobs:
(0,3) The Leech Lich | HP:41/250 | DMG:50 | MIT:25 | ACC:2 | FLN IMMUNE | HLY WEAK (+25 DMG)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #1 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #2 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #3 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #4 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1

Leech: Four «Stygian Warriors» spawn with the boss when the River is found. «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.

Edited by Raidou

Two more spectral guardians manifested, one on either side of the skeletal lich, its gaunt, unnatural arms flailing as it recoiled from the red wanderer's attack.  A downward strike of the white blade clove through its sickly flesh and cut it down before the vile creature could restores itself by sacrificing its servitors.  One of the newly summoned minions suffered the same fate an instant later, its ectoplasmic form splattering towards the river and bits of pixelating light skipping on its dark glassy surface.  The third eluded his strike, but seemed keenly aware of its desperate plight.  It couldn't last long against either captain, and they knew it.  

Freyd blanched when finally got a proper glimpse of the thing's face - that of a young girl with tightly braided light blonde hair.  "Maeve?!"  His sword hesitated as his arm refused to act.  "No... not like this."  He couldn't bring himself to strike.

Spoiler

image.png.3acdff5fde20aef6a369cc0c47fb996e.png

Players:
(1-6) Freyd | HP:800/800 | EN:58/78 (-8 +1) | DMG:18 | MIT:63 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:2 | BLD:12 (rested, finesse 3)
(7-12) Raidou | HP:1369/1370 | EN:124/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68

BD: 3 + 4  = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (144 – 25 = 119) damage to The Leeching Lich.  Killed.
BD: 1 (miss).  Freyd misses Stygian Warrior #5
BD: 2 + 4  = 6 (hit).  Freyd deals (144 – 5 = 139) damage to Stygian Warrior #6.  Killed.

Mobs:
(0,3) The Leech Lich | HP:0/250 | DMG:50 | MIT:25 | ACC:2 | FLN IMMUNE | HLY WEAK (+25 DMG) (41-119)
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #5 | HP:100/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #6 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1  (100-144)

Raidou recovers 68 via BH!, Conc [1/3]

A grim manifestation of the last seemed directly focused at swaying Freyd's hand from finishing the job. "Clever, but nearsighted." Raidou comments as a swing of his weapon causes a burning line of yellow to cascade through the stone below, connecting with the beast and burning it from the bottom upward. All consuming it becomes blinding before it fades to show a pillar of ash, falling into a heap before it disperses as if a breeze was carrying it to a flicker of blue. Flipping the steel in his grasp off to his right to a twirl to the sheath that awaited on his back, Raidou would speak "This game always has a way of trying to use your past against you, further proving how sinister it's creation is. A living nightmare of demon's we all must overcome every day." It was true to him, for it seemed that no matter where he turned this world had dredged his memories and attempted to exploit them for a tactical advantage.

ID# 163481 results: Battle: 6+4=10, Hit dealing 144-5=139 damage to Stygian Warrior #5 applying stunned and killing it!

Players:
(1-6) Freyd | HP:800/800 | EN:58/78 | DMG:18 | MIT:63 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:2 | BLD:12 (rested, finesse 3)
(7-12) Raidou | HP:1370/1370 | EN:118/134 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:68

Mobs:
(0,3) The Leech Lich | HP:0/250 | DMG:50 | MIT:25 | ACC:2 | FLN IMMUNE | HLY WEAK (+25 DMG)
(0,3) Stygian Warrior #5 | HP:100/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1
(0,0) Stygian Warrior #6 | HP:0/100 | DMG:25 | MIT:5 | ACC:1

Edited by Raidou

Freyd summoned a small, framed digital image from his personal storage, and handed it to Raidou.  It showed three people: a young boy, young woman and younger girl.  They were likely siblings, based on shared facial features, hair colour and most especially their eyes.  They were dressed in assorted gear that suggested they had just made the transition to Tier 2 play.  Freyd's glove pressed against the back of the semi-transparent image, naming each in turn: "Dingo, Quip, and Maeve."  The last one was a dead ringer for the last of the Stygian Warrior to fall.  

"She died about a week after this photo was taken.  A good friend tipped me off that the other two had embarked on a fool's errand, trying to recover an object that could restore her to life from an elite area on floor thirteen.  It was a death trap for the desperate and gullible.  I managed to get them out, with a bit of help.  They actually tend my shop whenever I'm not around, which is fairly often these days.  I gave them a home."

His hooded face turned to watch the last of the mobs' motes vanish into the blackness of the Styx.

"Some days, I really fucking hate this game."

Taking the image it was a repeat of his own situation in all but name and appearance. A harsh swallow with a fire in his belly with no target, he passes the portrait back to Freyd. "I could offer my condolences but I am sure it would help nothing. What I can offer you is my aid which I hope is much more meaningful, those kids and what happened to one of them is the reality. Most in here would see it as a paradise, or that they have no chance. But the gravity of the situation is that this..." Raidou ushers back to his image "Will only continue to happen until we have not the strength to fight back. Like lightning, Firm Anima will burn the walls of this game to cinders. Because like you, I can see this game for what it is: A slowly consuming crypt." he removes the frames from his face, trying his damned to remain strong despite even though he did not know who Freyd had lost the rage was all the same.

Quest Complete:
Freyd:
2,700 Col (200 Thread Closure, 2500 Quest Reward)
4*SP (1Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
<<Yamata no Orochi Statue>> [SoW 2: +LD]

Raidou:
2,700 Col (200 Thread Closure, 2500 Quest Reward)
4*SP (1Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
<<Yamata no Orochi Statue>> [SoW 2: +LD]

Edited by Raidou