[PP-F22-EV] <<Night About the Galactic Lake>> w/ Mars

Cordelia smiled softly as the group of NPC boys worked on their little model train. She had been watching them work for the past few minutes. The way they worked and assembled tracks were honestly a little cute and it reminded her of her younger years... but a little happier. 

Her brow quirked up as one of them started heading off towards the shoreline. She looked around, wondering if any other spectators were seeing this. It seemed not. She huffed, tugging on the sleeves of her kimono before she walked after the boy. Was this a flaw in the NPC's code or something... or was there more that what was being let on? 

The boy seemed to stop right where the water met the shore. It felt tranquil... yet strangely somber. Like something out of a K-Drama or something. “What’re you here for?” he would ask, swivelling his head towards her as she softly walked up next to him.

She shrugged her shoulders. "You look fishy so I decided to follow you," she said bluntly. He gave her a look before turning back to the dimly lit waters.

“I don’t suppose you would want to hear about my reason, would you?”

"Not really-"

“My name’s Shoji. My friends are building this train back in town. You’ve seen it, right?” His gaze would shift back towards the flickering lights, eyes distant with a sorrowful haze. Cordelia sighed. This really was a K-Drama. “It’s for Masaki. He’s our friend now. But he didn’t use to be, if I had to be honest. We’d always picked on him past the year before.”

“It’s that rainy crossing last year.” Shoji tilts his head, looking back at the player in vague interest. “Do you know the one? There was a horde of monsters that had attacked the town...” 

Cordelia scratched her chin, taking a second to think before her eyes widened. "Oh yeah. I wasn't in that but I know a couple of people who helped drive them off. I heard it was really... something," she murmured, her voice trailing off. She didn't know what exactly happened, but it was chaos all around from what she heard. Torrential rain, fish creatures, and a tsunami?! Lord, that sounded like a crazy event. 

He gave her a short nod, as if confirming her thoughts. He turned back to the water, his eyes glassing over once again. “When the attack began, we’d all started to retreat. But… I ended up slipping and falling in the water...” Cordelia winced, the image of a small little boy nearly drowning in the water filling her head like a rising tide. 

“Actually, I’m still afraid of swimming until now...”

Shoji shakes his head, balling his hands up into fists. “That was when Yori jumped in. Saved me. He pushed me out onto the shore-- I thought he was right behind me as I ran… But I couldn’t find him after things calmed down. The sheriff made it a whole case and everything. Looked out for any signs of him over two weeks. But-- well…” 

Cordelia sighed, her hand reaching out to pat the boy on the shoulders gently. The sound of soft crying and sniffles filled the air as the two stood together silently. What was she supposed to do? She wasn't prepared to comfort a crying child, on Tanabata of all days! He would wipe the tears away with the back of his hand, lips trembling as he pauses, hesitant. “Makes us wonder where he’d gone, but I think we all know the truth. It’s just… hard to believe -- that there was nothing of him left...”

Cordelia's hand slightly squeezed around his shoulder, just slightly, but still nonetheless. She hated that. Not being able to have a body to bury at a funeral must be devastating. For the parents, friends, family, it must've been heartbreaking. It didn't even allow them to have closure on the death, knowing that their son's body was still out there somewhere... rotting. 

“Um, Masaki was his best friend. I’d thought... Maybe it was one of Yori’s wishes that we look after him instead. He’s good; really. I guess we just never saw it in him before.” Shoji looks back to the water, the glow of the lanterns finally burning back into his vision. “He’s responsible, kind. He tells the best stories… Just doesn’t find time to play with us a lot, I guess.”

He sighed, kicking a piece of loose gravel into the water, the rock sinking under the surface of the dark waters. “Um, hey,” he says, looking over to Cordelia and catching attention. She hummed in response. “If you don’t mind… When you’re heading out to water, do you think you could try to look out for any signs of Yori?” He shakes, as though the boy expects a refusal. The order was tall, the stranger unknown and his hope was in short supply. “I know everyone tells me it’s a lost cause,” Shoji continues, as though he is uncertain which one of the parties he’s trying to convince. “But if Tanabata is all about wishing… Just maybe...”

His voice trails off, the boy’s breath held in, before he quickly adds to fill the silence between him and his audience. “--I-if you find anything, come look for me, okay? I’ll...”

“I’ll be waiting…!”

@Mars

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 59 | HP: 1200/1200 | EN: 118/118 | 25 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC | 3 LD ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

▶ Super Lucky Matcha Mochi: +3 LD
 ▶ Liquor of Light: +3 DMG
 ▶ Super Buff Shoyu Ramen: +2 Protein

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R2 CHARGE

Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.

> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Edited by Cordelia

He glances about the event tanabata if his memory recalls from last year where they were besieged by the merpeople and had to be "gallantly saved by the frontliners". Frustrating was what he would view that event since they could have handled themselves if the people who wanted to show up actually pulled their own weight in the fight. Showing himself once more why it's easier to rely upon himself and just use others as need be instead of having to entrust his life to others. He glances about watching children assembling tracks, players running too and fro throughout the place offering them even more tracks. The sight of other players coming and going giving stars and other things to seemingly progress whatever agenda is occurring within this event. A seeming reward that he wouldn't usually care for in one manner or the other, but in the end he would have to relent to the one factor that needs to be accomplished which is to get involved in these events even if only slightly to get a possible chance of some new gear to improve his kit. Walking closer towards the children the one whom seemingly starts all of this he glances as a girl followed after the child. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/83/f1/8f/83f18f33324d23ede8eda9958c0bd4ce.jpg

When getting within ear shot he hears the near end of the conversation about some kind of yori person gone missing within the lake, or maybe it was some type of grand fish they could get for some reward or the other making him wish he had the fishing skill right about now. Walking past the kid and ignoring him entirely he looks towards the girl herself. So then if i may interject myself within this conversation. What is going on with this event if i may ask? I had just shown up myself and seemingly find myself wondering why their are players handing tracks to kids along with gold stars or some sort or the other. He asks as politely as he can manage as he makes eye contact with the woman in front of him as his gaze is seemingly uninterested when it shifts towards the environment around him, but regains focus when glancing at the woman in front of him. Wanting to hear and see what she will say so that he can do his best to make use of such information to cause chaos or to simply get a reward or two.

stats:

Spoiler

Level: 49  HP: 1010/1010     ENG: 98/98  DMG: 16  MIT:43  ACC: 4  EVA: 3    HM: 2  

Equipment:

War god's blade: +3 ACC

War God's Grace: 3 slots EVA

Second chance: x2 HM. 1 MIT  HEAVY ARMOR

BR:
Nothing

Cordelia jumped, a familiar voice ringing through her ears. Her head whipped towards the familiar looking player before wrinkling her nose. "Nice to see you as well, Mars," she said sarcastically, her eyes rolling before she crossed her arms. 

She didn't have too much beef with the guy, but something about him infuriated her. Sure, he might be skilled with a katana, but his social skills could always be touched up on. The man acts like he owns the world or something..!

The girl sighed before shrugging her shoulders. "There's a lot of activities going on in this event, and apparently gathering these... Gold stars is one of them. They seemed to be used to help the kids back there build this model train or something. I'm not sure what the end result would be but I'm guessing it'd be a reward for the people who participate..." she trailed off, her thoughts going back to that Shoji boy again. "And I think I've found some kind of of event side quest. It branches off from the original gathering thing, but I think I have to help this boy find clarity or something," said murmured, her words softening. 

"You're helping me," she suddenly declared, her eyes looking over to Mars with a completely serious expression. "Consider this payback for that time I saved your life back during that fishing quest." Her gaze swept across the lake side, her gaze locking on to a man, eyes hooded by the straw hat on his head. 

She pointed over to him. "We can start by getting a rowboat from him." She looked over to Mars and smirked. "Hurry up, this event won't last very long."

He stares at the girl with a momentary look of confusion that then switches back to passive aloofness as he looks towards the girl not really knowing who she is or why she knows him, or more importantly to himself why she clearly has some kind of annoyance or anger regarding him for whatever reason. Though he could speculate various reasons why one would hate or be annoyed with him be it his attitude towards people around him, the way he tries to find whatever he can that annoys a person and constantly push that button, or the possible unfortunate event people realize he had a heavy hand in the reason why pinball murdered people by slowly and surely influencing his thoughts of others around him. So there are stars to gather then for this or people can craft the rails themselves for their silly model train toy. Well i guess i can take a gamble on that and see if there is a event reward for it. he says softly to himself when hearing that possibility as a grin forms upon his face and his eyes gain a amused glimmer to them.

However, that quickly gets replaces with a mix of annoyance and slight shock when hearing something of being demanded at him as his eyes narrow slightly at this as he looks at this girl. First off princess you didn't save my life during that quest.We went on it together and therefore i equally made sure you stayed alive as well. Doesn't matter if your sword murdered the fish first i helped out as well. Secondly, fine i will help cause why not i was going to do this as well after hearing this is how i can get a reward for being apart of this event. He says with a scoff before walking towards the boat person unable to help a slight smirk that appears on his face not entirely minding her attitude someone with a bit of a bark to them is always fun to mess with or to have around.

Once he makes his way towards the boat person as he just gives a wave of his hand before going towards the boat itself and sitting down upon it which causes it to rock ever so slightly side to side since it is on the water. He raises his hand towards his familiar. Sit, stay. You will just sink this thing if you get on it right now. Don't bite anybody while i'm gone understood. He says in a serious tone of voice to his familiar as it blows a bit of flames towards Mars before laying down upon the ground.

Cordelia's eye twitched at the stupid pet name she was all too familiar with. "Whatever you say," she muttered. agitation lacing her tone before she took a step in the rowboat, the wooden vessel creaking just slightly as she pushed all of her weight on to it. 

"If I recall correctly, there are a couple ways to gather gold stars. You're free to do whatever you please but I'm going to settle on just killing a bunch of mobs for them," she sighed, her hand swiping down as she opened her HUD menu. "I haven't invested anything in the «Fishing» skill or «Gathering» skill so that's out of the question, so combat is pretty much all that's left," Cordelia said flatly, her fingers dancing around on the keys for a few seconds before her kimono dematerialized in a brilliant flash of white, only to be replaced with her usual armor and Onimaru around her hip. 

"You can do whatever the heck you want, but just stay out of my way," she would say, her voice bland and lacking before she turned her attention back to the wide and expansive lake. "And don't think for a second that I'll row you back alone like last time," she bit out harshly, looking over her shoulder to give Mars a glare full of malice. 

"Now! Let's start heading out!" she exclaimed, glancing at Mars' familiar before grabbing an oar.