[PP - F18] Abandoned

c25081932521020b2cea0a07db21b801.jpg

"Thanks for coming all the way out here, Cord." As she spoke, Lessa's stepped atop an especially spongy bit of land; the squish and tiny burst of bubbles beneath her boot made the woman wince. "I know this floor is pretty nasty, so I really appreciate your tagging along." Nasty is an gross understatement.

Ha, gross. 

Despite the pun, Lessa simply could not find the amusement in their situation. The seemingly endless swamps that covered the eighteenth floor really stank. Literally. The odor that hung heavy in the stuffy air held faint notes of fish, mud, slime, and something sort of musky. No light permeated the canopy above, though that was likely due to the complete lack of sunlight. Were the clouds a constant fixture? Did this floor even have a sun? These questions, and more, would likely remain unanswered, as Lessa avoided the floor at all costs. "I even left Riker at home, so he wouldn't have to climb through this gunk." To demonstrate, the swordswoman lifted her boot, and pointed to the mystery substance clinging to the sole. "He'd never forgive me." An uncharacteristic shyness crept into Lessa's voice, and her blue eyes grew clouded as she slanted Cordelia a look. "I just hope you forgive me, even if we don't find this purple tree." 

Even as she spoke the words, Lessa cringed inwardly. "I know it seems kind of silly," she confessed, "but this was one rumor that actually caught my interest."

Spoiler

Name: Lessa
Level: 56
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 126
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 3
BH:36
THRNS:54
H.M.:1
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcturus (T3/Perfect/2HSS): Damage 3
Armor: Galaxy Armor (T3/Perfect/Heavy Armor): Thorns 2, Heavy Momentum 1
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T3/Perfect/Jewelry): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Fishing [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Ferocity
Athletics
Finesse (Rank 3)
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*5

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +2 bonus SP at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]

"Ah... it's really no problem, Lessa. I haven't really ever gotten a chance to spend time with you one on one, so I figured that I should take the opportunity while I still have it," she exclaimed, her lip slightly curling as she stepped further into the murky mud-like waters. Lord, who even came up with this floor? At least floors like five and nine are fun to look at. This is worse than staring at drying paint!

Cordelia looked around. Just tall trees - tall dead looking trees, a light layer of mist, and... whatever was beneath her was. Mud? Water? Perhaps the bodily remains of some kind of creature? Perhaps all of those combined? At this point, she wouldn't even doubt it. Kayaba was a wildcard of a man. For all she knew, this... water, could be filled with health-depleting leeches! 

"Awe, that's considerate of you," she chuckled, hoping that the conversation would direct her attention to anything else but... whatever the hell this is. "I can't really say the same thing for Pacco though. I'm basically his free ride everywhere," she sighed, giving her two blackbird familiar a pointed look before turning back to Lessa. 

"No, no. Don't worry about it. I'm always one down for adventure... even if the adventure is like this," Cordelia added, giving the girl a small, hopeful smile. "I'm sure if it caught your attention, it'll be awesome."

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 59 | HP: 1200/1200 | EN: 118/118 | 19 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R2 CHARGE

Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.

> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Pleasure and embarrassment mingled as a faint blush crept Lessa's cheeks. "You're right," she confirmed, "we really haven't had much of a chance to hang out. I figured since our boyfriends are buds, we would likely spend a lot of time together too, and-" Her voice trailed, and her hand moved to scratch awkwardly at the back of her neck. Not only was it surprisingly weird referring to Bahr as her "boyfriend," but her statement was winding down a path she hadn't intended. If she kept talking, she might make it sound as if Bahr and Oscar's relationship was the only reason she and Cordelia should be friends. On the contrary, Lessa had hoped to befriend the white-haired beauty far before her relationship status changed. She blew out a breath, and finished on an unconvincing, "Yeah."

At the woman's mention of her familiar, Lessa glanced dubiously toward the odd blackbird. "Pacco is quite something," she mused aloud, tipping her head slightly as she studied the bird. It wasn't that she hated Pacco. In fact, she didn't even strongly dislike the thing. It just had a habit of watching her with it's beady little eyes, and she found it a tad unnerving. "How did you come across him again?" There must have been some kind of story behind it.

"I appreciate that," Lessa finally replied, "and your faith in me. I could totally be leading us on a wild goose chase, but at least you're being a good sport about it." The blonde smiled faintly, though the expression bordered on grimace as her boot splooshed through the mud. "God, this stuff is nasty."

A sudden notion struck Lessa, and all thoughts of muck were momentarily forgotten. "Hey, I meant to ask, how are you enjoying Tarot so far?"