[F22-PP]The way of life (Training your Friend)

Sam looks to Curbie as she cleans the dishes she used the day before. Thinking it has been a few days since she obtained Curbie and she has yet to figure out exactly what he does. Shutting the water off and drying her hands, she starts to wonder if Simmone has been able to find the time to train her black cat yet. "Come with me Curbie, I have a dear friend for you to meet." She walks out of her house and thinks about the Black Odyssey as it appears spontaneously next to the guildhall and her house. Walking through these doors she sees the blue and pink haired girls running around organizing the stock. With a smile, Sam calls out "Simmone, you here? I have a friend I want you to meet." Sam watches as Felix comes around the corner. He looks curiously over the box-shaped creature with metal pointed legs and then suddenly jumps on top of Curbie like it was his very own chair. Sam starts to laugh as Curbie starts to walk around with Felix on top of him.

Sam | HP:540/540 | EN:54/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Spoiler

Sam-The Red Rose
Level: 27
HP: 540/540
EN: 54/54

Stats:
Damage: 11
Accuracy: 3
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone: Damage 3 (3 Base)
Armor: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD
Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing

Edited by Sam

Looking for her cat, She finds him galavanting on top of a mobile 'chest' to which catches her eye rather quickly. "Interesting, Sam is this yours? she comments to the raven haired girl that was her assistant, watching on as it scatters with Felix upon it like a horse with his bell rattling with each shift. A notion came to her mind. "Perhaps we sus out exactly what both of them do seems an ample time given our reduction in activity. What do you say Sam?" she asks of her shop occupant as she strips naked and begins to swap gear for the journey assuming the girl would find it an amicable arrangement. Into her black jumpsuit in latex looking leather that held her frame snugly, she wondered how exactly to proceed, her mind moving to his habitual sense of gathering when outside the walls and perhaps that it held some barring on what she'd need to help develop.

Simmone | HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:1 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | LD:5 | REC:2

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Cat
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 1
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
LD:5
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Embrace of the Lotus [T1/Perfect/LA] (2 Recovery, 1 Eva)
Misc: Cat's Gaze [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (3 Accuracy)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Simmone

"Honestly I was thinking the same thing. When I got Curbie, all he wanted was the materials that I had gathered. I think we should go fishing and get some materials, start there." Sam looks to the two small duo and smiles. "Curbie lets head out. See what else you can do." Glancing to Simmone saying "It will also give me a chance to get to know Felix too. I have been rather busy lately and given I see him every day but never interact with him, sorta feel bad." Sam walks and gives Felix a small pet from head to tail and gives Curbie a few pats. She starts to head out saying "I know of a small water area just a short walk from here if you wish to join me." 

Sam heads out with Curbie and Felix??? He was still riding on top as Curbie follow Sam. Did she just steal Simmone's cat...Oops. Getting to the small ponded area after a short walk, probably a mile out from the guildhall location she takes out her fishing pole and cast the line. Sam fishes up a crab that seemed larger than normal and as it lends to the ground it tries to attack Sam. Sam grins and kicks it back into the water, as it gets back to land and starts snapping its claws at her.

ID# 164608 results: CD: 3 Spawns mob

ID# 164609 results: MOB: 3 Miss! vs Sam

Players
Sam | HP:540/540 | EN:54/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Enemy:
[0]Crab | 
HP:270/270| DMG:81

Edited by Sam

With a nod she was changed and follows behind Sam, "Agreed, a fruitful endeavor to be sure." she takes a position on a large oval stone as Sam casts a line. Simmone cannot help but laugh as the first thing Sam does is pull some creature from the pond. "Give em hell dear." she shouts from a distance, as Felix hops from the back of her mobile chest creature and darts off into the distance being outside he'd do his thing. The jingle of his bell being audible as he vanishes into some emerald green foliage. Coming back with some odd mushroom, Simmone offers him a pat on the head as a form of praise with a smile as she watches Sam flustering over her spawned mob. She'd step in if she needed to, but it seemed as though the girl had it handled so she'd simply enjoy the show for now.

ID# 164610 results: Loot: 12+5=17, Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 1

Edited by Simmone

The crab tries to attack again but the moment it comes close enough she kicks it again into the air this time. She was intending to swipe the crab in mid-air with her axe but instead, the crap lands on the bladed surface and starts to climb up the hilt. "NO get off, get off, get off," Say yells in a funny but trying to be serious at the same time as she flails her weapon around in the air like a lunatic. The crab goes flying in a random direction and Sam stops an inhales. "Where the heck did it go," as she starts glancing around the area around her. At the corner of her eye, she sees the little bastard running at her. Curbie looks to Sam a bit confused as to what was going on. "Curbie, stay back, I have this...I think..." Sam takes a deeps breath and begins to focus on the crab to make sure she doesn't miss this time.

Activated Concentration

ID# 164611 results: MOB: 1 Miss! vs Sam

ID# 164612 results: Battle: 1 Miss! vs Crab

Players
Sam | HP:540/540 | EN:52/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Enemy:
[0]Crab | 

Edited by Sam

Felix parades back to Simmone, seemingly he had found some rusty sword and was pulling it along the ground slowly. "What have you got now?" She comments as she picks it up as he releases the weapon, a flare of her appraisal skill causes both her eyes and Felix's gold one to light up in yellow. She notices it out of the corner of her eye as she notes the quality as basic. "Wait a second..." she comments thinking she had imagined the exchange, looking to the cat who was now staring intently at her with a flail of his tail behind him as he sat. "Sam did you see that?" she looks to the girl as she was losing her mind trying to fight the tiny crustacean that was giving her a run for her money. "Nevermind." she comments looking back to notice that Felix had vanished again to the jingle of a bell.

ID# 164613 results: Craft: 8, Success [1/3]

Edited by Simmone

Concentration [1/3]

Sam tries her best to keep the crab from attack her but today, luck was not on her side. Sam swings toward the creature and it jumps back onto the weapon and runs up the hit again. Before Sam could fling it off again it jumps off the hilt and it's claw latches to Sam's shoulder. "OUCH" as she finds her health pool lower just a bit. Curbie runs to Sam's side and extends two of his arms and grabs the crab that was latched to her shoulder. Curbie sends it flying the other direction and looks back to Sam in a sad notion. Sam pats his head as she watched the grab crab run as fast as it could toward them again. "I am so done with fishing after this thing is dead," Sam says fed up with this grab now. She kept missing and it was starting to anger her a bit.

ID# 164614 results: MOB: 8 Hit! Dealing 81 Damage vs Sam

ID# 164615 results: Battle: 2+3=5 Miss! vs crab

Players
Sam | HP:459/540 | EN:51/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Enemy:
[0]Crab | 

Edited by Sam

With another rattle of the bell around his neck, The black and white cat Felix returns as Simmone was struck with awe watching how poorly Sam's confrontation with the tiny shellfish was proceeding. Cupping her hands to her mouth she yells toward Sam "The trick is to hit it girl, and perhaps leaving fishing alone for now. I don't think you'll get much done if you keep going like this." she taunts her apprentice before her gaze moves to the small cat holding a twig of some bush. As she looks upon him he drops it, with wide eyes intensely staring her down. "Thanks for the stick I guess?" she comments as he darts away, leaving his small knick nack collection he was producing for her where it lied. Once in a while he pulled up something interesting, but a stick was hardly anything usable but she'd like to encourage him despite the fact.

ID# 164616 results: Loot: 9+5=14, Failure!

Edited by Simmone

Concentration [2/3]

Hearing Simmone say the obvious as she looks to her half sarcastic smile and looks back down to find the crab jumping at her again. Sam puts a hand up to block her face from harm's way. The crab starts to frantically maul at Sam's hand with its tiny teeth. "Get dead you stupid thing," Sam says as she shakes her hand once, hard toward the ground and the crab runs around in a circle. Sam, is pissed by this time as her weapon begins to glow and she strikes down at the ground thinking if it hit close enough it would do collateral damage to the creature. a mini bomb-like explosion goes off under the crab's feet as Sam and Curbie jump back at the same time to avoid the blast radius. Sam watches the crab stop for a moment in shock and then continues to run around in circles next to Sam.

ID# 164617 results: MOB: 10 Major Critical! Dealing 83 Damage vs Sam

ID# 164618 results: Battle: 7+3=10 Hit! Dealing 154 Damage vs Crab

Players
Sam | HP:376/540 | EN:40/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Enemy:
[1]Crab | 
HP:116/270| DMG:81

Edited by Sam

Sam manages to hit it with an attack that showed some serious gravity, but her adversary was proving to be more formidable than first anticipated. "Jesus Sam what did you fish up!" Simmone shouts with a chuckle to her protege as the thing flips over and keeps on rushing toward her, like a terminator in a tiny red shell. Felix was still being himself continuing to rush about the place in pursuit of offerings to Simmone, seemingly always the little adventurer looking to help her out. It however was becoming painfully clear that the cat had no notion of what was valuable and what was not, producing a half injured bird that he spits out. It scatters and looks to flip the cat off before taking flight, rushing away as fast as its wings could carry it as he pounces toward it while it escapes. "Perhaps stray from living things?" Simmone quips toward the cat.

ID# 164619 results: Loot: 6+5=11, Failure!

Edited by Simmone

Concentration [3/3]

The Crab continues to run in circles and then suddenly jumps toward Sam again. "Not this time you Satan Crab," Sam says as she pulls her weapon up with a strike toward the creature. With her blade making contact to the crab's tiny body it gets sent flying with a glow to its figure. A few feet of distance it lands to the ground and explodes into data. "YEA SCREW YOU CAB," said as she puts her weapon away and looks to the fishing pole. "Screw this dam thing too..." Sam picks up the pole and throws it into the lake. Curbie runs to the lakeside and fishes out the fishing pole and places it into itself as to carry it till a later time. Sam then sees Curbie make his way to where the crab had burst and stuff a few items into its trap of a mouth. "So no more fishing for now. Time to see what you can do Curbie." Sam meets Curbie halfway and turns to Simmone with a weird face saying "Not sure what I fished up but...Not doing that again."

ID# 164620 results: MOB: 5 Miss! vs Sam

ID# 164621 results: Battle: 5+3=8 Hit! Dealing 154 Damage vs Crab, Killing it!
ID# 164622 results: CD: 8, LD: 14+3=17

Players
Sam | HP:376/540 | EN:28/54 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | LD:3

Enemy:
[1]Crab | 
HP:-38/270| DMG:81

Sams Loot:
1984*Col
T3 Rare Consumable #164622a
T3 Rare Armor/Shield164622b

Edited by Sam

Again Felix returns with another segment of long forgotten equipment. This one looked to be some sort of necklace of teeth, a flare of her appraisal that keys Felix's eye to flash the same she looks down to him again. "I know I just saw that, what is it your hiding?" The necklace was hardly anything to comment about, but she scoops the cat up into her hands. Under his armpits, he looks at her with a reciprocated locking of eyes. Simmone looks deeply into his, hoping to see the change again closely. Felix offers a mew as he begins to pur, acting like a normal cat. "I may be going crazy." The black lotus remarks as Sam seems to have washed her hands completely of fishing entirely. "Perhaps we will try again when you feel like sushi." Simmone barks another goad at her apprentice, finding some hilarity in the fact she had spent the good portion of a half an hour battling a tiny crab.

ID# 164623 results: Craft: 10, Success [2/3]

Edited by Simmone

Watching Simmone investigate her cat and giving him almost the second degree for making her feel crazy, Sam sits to the ground and can hear Felix meow and purr toward Simmone. "I think I will focus on Curbie now and I'm sure that Felix will show his true colors soon enough. What exactly do you think your seeing?" Behind her, Curbie is digging a small hole and watches Felix jumps from Simmone's hands and runs in a random direction. Curbie follows quickly behind him into the tree lines. "Hey, where are you..." as they both disappear. "Well then, I guess I'll wait here then..." Looking to Simmone with a small frown she says "I suck at the fishing, I think after we figure out exactly what they do, I need to figure out how I can be of more use to the guild because right now I really feel at a loss."

ID# 164624 results: Craft: 4 Failure

Edited by Sam

Simmone watches on as the pair of familiars set off into the canopy leaving their respective owners behind. "I believe I keep seeing his eye glow, it seems that whenever I am not paying attention it happens." Simmone mutters while she looks into the forest where the familiar had scampered off. "Don't be too dishearten dear, it does not look good on you. You'll find your strengths and perhaps today is just an off day." spoken as she looks to Sam who had taken a place beside her, Felix returns to the sound of a bell and the sounds of a clacking box at his heels. He drops a plant, an obvious herb into her hands to which she accepts. "Why thank you sir." she remarks as Curbie seems to notice the pile of garbage at her side, appearing as though he was sniffing as if he had a nose.

ID# 164627 results: Loot: 12+5=17, Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 2

Edited by Simmone

"If today was an off day than I have been having a lot of those lately. Fishing with Haine and Kiluia last week went poorly too. I just need to get my head in the game...no pun intended. I've been a mess and I am not sure why." Curbie walks to Sam and taps her shoulder with his pointed arm. It seemed that he was trying to comfort her. Sam falls to her back now laying on the ground looking to the blue sky. Curbie pulls an apple from his chest insides and places it on Sam's chest. He then taps her shoulder and Sam sits back up, taking the apple to her hand now. "You didn't let me give up before. I have not a clue where to start with you. I know you like the materials but then you give them away... Ugg." Sam gets to her feet as Curbie does a weird circle around her. 

ID# 164628 results: Loot: 5+3=8 Failure!

Edited by Sam

Simmone looks on to Sam's definite downtrodden behaviors, still unable to keep tabs on the tabby that was her own familiar. She only knew of his presence with the jingle of that bell around his neck, a wise investment she was positive now. "Perhaps he's a form of storage?" Simmone mutters to the girl trying to offer some lick of sense to the girls inquiry as to what the box was for. "He less likes the materials and simply enjoys carrying them." she offers the notion even if it seemed rather plain, but it would not be unheard of that perhaps a living container enjoyed being used for what a container was for. Rushing back out of the brush as numerous times before, Felix offers Simmone another plant of the same type as prior. "I believe he has found a patch somewhere in that thicket." spoken as she adds it to the others.

ID# 164629 results: Loot: 17+5=22, Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 3

Edited by Simmone

Looking to Curbie with a smile she opens Curbie's top and places the item back inside. "If that is all you bring then I will accept." Sam watches as Curbie almost face palms himself like she was only thinking logically and not outside the box. "Why do you also act like I'm wrong mister chest. What the heck am I missing? What am I not seeing?" He points to the weapon on her back. "What could you possibly want with that Curbie?" He steps back a few feet a raises two of his arms. It really seemed like he knew something that Sam does not and if she wanted to know what that something was then she would need to think completely abnormal given that he was a container with confinement for materials. Curbie seemed more determined than she was. "Fine what would you have me do. I am all ears..." Like before when Sam found him, he was going to show a display of some sort.

Simmone can hear him working in the distance through a constant ringing, but her attention seemed rather fixated on Sam at the moment. It was a rather ungraceful show of charades that seemed rather humorous to the black cat, as the box moves around and Sam yells at it. "Just see what he can do, he may just surprise you. Now if I could just get a leash for mine, he's got the attention span of a squirrel I swear." Simmone comments looking off into the canopy of trees, Felix seemed to be taking longer than usual. "Felix are you alright dear? mew once for yes twice for no." as one meow makes it out from the coverage. "I take that as he is fine." she smiles and her attentions fixate back on Sam and her little game. It was a sight that beckoned and audience after all.

ID# 164630 results: Craft: 6, Failure!

Edited by Simmone

"You are probably right Simmone. He seems more determined than me sometimes. Okay Curbie, show me what you got." Curbie jumps in the air about a foot and turns to runs a few feet from Sam and turns toward the crowd and raises two arms. He points to Sam's weapon and Sam nods, taking her Axe out. "Now what?" Raising his hands again and points to his eye, point to Sam, and points to himself. "Oaky watch you. You have my full attention." He makes the two tips on what would be his hands into fists and closes his eyes. Sam looks to Curbie a bit confused but then he glows bright red. Curbie's eyes flash open and he points to Sam's weapon. Quickly looking at her weapon it shined with the same brightness as her familiar. "What the heck...What did you just do Curbie?" He jumps in the air and does a 360 cycle and lands to the ground staring at Sam.

ID# 164631 results: Craft: 9 Success [1/3]

Edited by Sam

A sudden light manifests upon both the familiar and Sam's weapon but quickly fades, she could not help but draw comparisons to that color and Sam's sword arts. She'd seen a similar effect when Shiina sang her power inducing songs. "I think he means to bolster your weapon, which would be quite exceptional if that was the intention. It seems that something within him may just offer that as if your axe was linked to him. Keep trying to suss out the bond dear, but If my intuition is correct I may be right on track." Simmone offers with an inquisitive mind drawing from her own experiences to try and offer her apprentice guidance in her own tasks. Simmone could not help but wonder what it was Felix had gotten himself into just outside the scope of her vision, but she had faith that the sound of his consistent ringing was an indication that nothing fowl was amiss.

ID# 164720 results: Loot: 8+5=13, Failure!

Edited by Simmone