[F9-PP] Stoking the Flame (Training your friend) Yui's Grace #2

His hands till in motion as the blonde tank elaborated on her choice in using a shield, as he would and it was a result of what Raidou had lead her too. It was as if the boy could see through people, understood more about those he looked upon then himself. "Aye, he has that way about him doesn't he. Its rather noble of you girl, that definitely is my blood in your veins" Griswold barks to a twist of the now cooling metal, despite the removal of their time together they still shared much more than should be possible. "Same to you little Elda, make me proud of the shield I have placed in your hands." He smiled toward the blonde girl as she would give him space, pulling away at the hot mineral and bending it out into a curved head. This one would be for that idiot Gaius.

Griswold consumes Yui's Grace #2

Griswold | HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:5 | MIT:47 | THRNS:18 | PARA:1

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 5
Mitigation: 47
THRNS:18
PARA:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Horadric Malus [T1/Perfect/Warhammer] (+3 Base Damage)
Armor: Cobalt Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T1/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+27 Mitigation])
Misc: Plated Foundation - Impact[T1/Perfect/Shield] (Thorns 2 {18}, Paralyze 1 {9-10})

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Eruda takes a deep breath, taking it all in. She had found out the truth about why Griswold was awol in her life and she couldn't help but be pissed at her mother for the reasoning that was brought up. She stole us from possible a better life for her own selfish reasons and then struggled to keep going because she couldn't handle what she brought upon herself. The thought of her mother sitting by their side in the real world while they were placed in this selected hell by yet another selfish guy. As this crossed her mind she watches Griswold work his metal. She feels a pat against her leg as Raserei whines a bit with her ears back. It seemed that she was getting a bit worried about Eruda. "I'm fine girl, I just need a bit of time to figure it out." Looking to her father she says "I may not be able to control how people think in the real world but I can't help people in this game get their lives back. I will not be staying with mom anymore. The moment I get out I am gone. It will be Freya's choice if she comes with me or not. I have enough money saved for her to tag along if she decides to." Another pat from her tiny friend as her rage started to build. "I need air," she says as she walks just outside the door feeling the temp change drop ever so slightly. Raserei runs out with her and stands in front of her on her back two legs.

Eruda | HP:670/670 | EN:64/64 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 32
HP: 670/670
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 99
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

With the steel beginning to take shape as it flattened out, Griswold grinds it on the edge of the anvil. "I'll be here girl, and if you have no idea where you'll head. Your rooms are just as you left them, although they won't quite reflect a girl of your age it is still yours." The girl recedes from the confines of the building with her familiar at her back, as Vulcan began to breathe heavily as his friend went for the exit. "S'matter boy?" Griswold asks the flame elemental, breathing heavily as flames pool the ridges of its mouth. A spark latches to his shield propped against the counter, and in an instant, it flares across its surface before disappearing. "Interesting..." Griswold comments and his hand slows, the head was forged and the handle could wait. This was more interesting and need his attention. Moving to pick up his shield, he rubs his hand upon it and it was still warm.

"Thank you, I appreciate the offer and it will be considered. As for you," looking down at Raserei she says "You have my attention. What is it, girl?" Setting her front two feet back to the ground she gives out a small cooing howl as the ground beneath her flames up in a blue fire. It was like a circle around her and Eruda says "I can do this too," as all the built-up anger forces a circle of blue flames to form under her feet as well. The fires although looking the same were not. Eruda looked a bit closer at Raserei's flames and they seemed a bit more see-through than normal. "How are you doing that Raserei." Eruda tried to make her fire the same but had no luck. One and the same but different. She started to wonder if she was missing something but she just couldn't find the difference between the two elements. Raserei starts to walk a bit closer to Eruda as she tries to figure out what was going on.

Holding the shield up with the familiar still stirring with flames, Griswold holds it close to the beast's mouth. "Again boy." attempting to draw the beast's attention from the threshold it was fixated on. To his voice the creature responds turning its maw to face the smith, a flicker of the fire from its mouth casts against the wall in the smith's hand, and again it bursts into flame as soon as it makes contact. "What exactly is it your doing?" Griswold asked almost rhetorically, for he had a theory. If he could get more of the kindling applied to the surface it may not fade so quickly, but he'd need to apply more for that to happen. The shield felt warm to the touch, and Griswold now knelt ushers closer to the walking kiln, tapping its side and trying to draw it from the door. "Again." he barks another command toward it.

ID# 164933 results: Craft: 7, Success [1/3]

Edited by Griswold

As Raserei gets closer their flames beneath both their feet start to become one. The flames start to merge together and Raserei starts to become transparent. While looking up at Eruda, their eyes lock, she raises a paw and touches Eruda's leg. Her paw goes through Eruda's leg and the flames around them burst. Eruda jumps back saying "What the hell," she could actually feel her paw interconnect with her and she was taken back by the fact the Raserei became almost ghost-like. The flames around them fall into nothing and Raserei slowly backs away with her head down and her ears back. Eruda thinks for a moment that her sudden freak out may have scared her wolf and she gets to her knees with a small sigh saying "I am sorry little one. You just caught me off guard. How did you do that." Raserei walks slowly to Eruda head still down as she rubs her head against Eruda knee.

ID# 164934 results: Craft: 11, Success! [1/3]

Edited by Eruda

The familiar seemed still ever sidetracked, clearly ignoring all of Griswold's attempts to coerce it to focus. This is the most he had ever seen it so latched and fixated on any one object, he'd move to the weapon he'd been forging and begin to hammer away. "Perhaps I'll give you a moment, and then we will continue." he commented, it was clear he'd need some sort of diversion to draw it away from its intense stare upon the entryway. He would like to see the gravity and full potential of the action the beast had just played out. But he could hardly attain such a thing without its attention, with a squint of his eyes he was in deep thought on how to do so. Sparks fly as Griswold began to draw out the hilt of the glaive, the metal being held with a pair of calipers as it's drawn longer and longer still.

Eruda starts to think of the idea that maybe Raserei was a ghostly figure in solid form. She became highly confused on how this task would be moving forward from here. Raserei's gaze falls back on Volcan and as Eruda looks inside, his gaze seems to be set on Raserei as well. "If that bust of fire happens again, I would rather be out here. I don't want to set your shop on fire," Eruda starts to say to Raserei but then her words grow louder so Griswold could hear. Taking her hand, she places it on Raserei's chin and raises it up to looks into her eyes again. "I promise not to freak out again. Show me what you just did please. I really want to know girl," as Raserei gives a soft coo as her eyes don't seem to be focused on her at all. Eruda sighs and gives her a soft pet on the head saying "Okay go ahead."  Raserei looks to Eruda now with what almost looked like a smile and as she starts to leave toward Vulcan, her form turns transparent again. Prancing into the shop her form turns solid again right next to Vulcan as she lays right next to him. "Interesting..." Eruda says as she gets to her feet.

Edited by Eruda

Griswold chuckles at the notion, about 90 percent or more of the shop was made of stone. This was due to the fact it was made on a floor filled with fire, the only wood was the bits used in construction and of some of his tools. The rest: metal and rock. The familiars reconvene and instantly Vulcan seems to become more lively. "You are going to have to get over it boy, the girl can hardly be here every day for you to play." Griswold shook his head as the handle of the polearm enters the trough of water to a sear of steam, rounded out and ready to be fitted to the head. A mixed feeling of being accepting of the elementals change in demeanor and the fact that it was not something that could happen on the regular, he'd start to affix rivets with a pair of pliers. The system assist could do this for him, if he could figure it out.

Hearing Griswold say this it hit Eruda a bit, she walks into the shop looking to Vulcan saying "He is right you know as much as it pains me to say." She looks to Griswold with a smile now as she says her next words "You may not see each other every day but you will still be with one another for now and forever. My visits will not be such a long wait anymore. Now that I know the truth, I don't want to miss anything else." The last words were directed to Griswold and she hoped he knew that. She walks to Vulcan and he looks up to her. Placing her hands on his face to look directly into his eyes now, saying "I promise I will visit as much as I can with your friend by my side. We will be okay now," she pats his head and brings her hands back saying "We will all be okay now." She gives Griswold a warm smile with a deep breath out and says "Come Raserei, let us try this again." Raserei gives a rub of the head against Vulcan's leg and gives out a shortened howl toward him. Eruda walks just outside the door once again with Raserei at her feet. She felt warm inside from all the emotion that she felt toward Griswold now. Her life was getting better and she knew that this would only make her stronger.

Griswold moved away from his anvil with a flash of purple light upon the piece showing its completion as a perfect. "Aye, but if I can find my place on the field." the forge master remarks lifting his shield up again. "Then perhaps we may at least be together more often." Griswold remarks in attempts to goad the creature to continue its form of practice. As if the beast understood, a bit of kindling upon the corners of its gullet took shape. The mallet in his grasp he would wave it near the elemental's maw, it latches on and spreads the flame to it and seems to stick like napalm. Ripping the weapon free it leaves a bit of a trail in its wake like a torch. "Now was that so hard." Griswold remarks before slamming the hammer into the shield as if it was an anvil, a solid thunk as the flames dance across it and it maintains the blaze for longer.

ID# 165180 results: Craft: 11, Success [2/3]

Edited by Griswold

Looking back into the shop she sees the flames dance upon the equipment. "Amazing, I would like that very much." Raserei runs back into the shop and hops around trying to bite at the loose flames. "Wait we were going to..." She seemed to be more interested in the flames around in the building then what Eruda was attempting to do. Raserei hops onto Vulcan to nip at the higher up flares. Blue sparks started to fly from her in excitement. The blue and red flames seemed to react together and intertwine with one another. Eruda is in the doorway watching this transpire and all she can manage to say was "Wow, I think we have more here than we think...because that is really something." Eruda walks into the dancing flames, red and blue as she could feel the heat but the burn was not there. Looking to Raserei and her looking back to Eruda, she turns ghost-like again as the flames start to disappear again. 

ID# 165181 results: Craft: 4 Failure!

Edited by Eruda

The elemental seemed to rather enjoy Raserei being present, a torrent of kindling paraded about as their shared heat swelled. "They look like puppies." Griswold barked with a chuckle, removing another ingot in brightened silver, being quicksilver he whistles and tosses the ingot to his familiar. At least to this the thing responds, for it was basically a meal. The liquid metal begins to pool at the corner of its mouth, drooling it into a mold as it becomes a bright white. "I was perfectly content with him being a furnace, but now that there seems to be something else there. I am curious to see what it is, it looks like some kind of fortification." Griswold explains looking to his hammer and shield, unsure how it would change things for him exclusively. How much of a punch would a superheated shield or hammer have was the question, and he aimed to figure it out.

Edited by Griswold

"Well whatever transpires, I will be happy to figure it out together." She starts to think of the last word in different content. Her mind crossed to Anna and how much she as grown since she last saw her as a baby. "Hey, Griswold..." her words fall for a minute before asking "What is Anna like..." Her eyes fall to Raserei and she stops to look at Eruda and turns her normal form again. Hoping off Vulcan she walks to Eruda and stands on her back legs, putting her front paws on her leg. Giving a pet to the head, she looks to Griswold again saying "If she is too painful to talk about right now it's fine, I just want to know everything that I missed...including her." She starts to think of how different her life would be if Anna was in it. Would she still of been lonely for most of her life. Raserei gives a small coo as Eruda pets her head more. 

Pulling the cooling metal from its cast as he upturns it on the anvil, still glowing hot but now solid. Griswold begins to hammer it into a plate. "Anna is a lot like Shiina is." Griswold comments in a way that the girl could easily understand "Happy all the time, although she's leagues less sporadic. She's your sister so I could hardly deny you an answer." The smith responds as he begins to bend the panel upon the edge of his tool working it into the shape it would take when completed. "Hair as blonde as yours, she always seems so chipper and full of life. But her immunity is not good enough for her to leave the house. Anything I bring home for her she more than enjoys until it falls apart." he comments at the number of books and other source of entertainment he'd brought, capable of somehow reading the same book over and over. "I think she wants to see the world."

Edited by Griswold

"I can only imagine that the books bring her more excitement than she can have. I feel like she would feel better if someone her age was around too to keep her mind off the possibilities. It would be nice to see the world but given she can't make your mind wander. I would love to meet her." Eruda starts to get a bit sad given that Griswold is here and Anna is stuck in the world alone without him right now. "She would have loved this game but I guess I am glad that she isn't here given how much risk there is here and the dangers there are." She takes a deep musky breath and exhales trying to keep her feeling in check. "Okay Raserei, let's try this thing again, shall we. Focus is the key," she looks down to her wolf as if she could understand sort of the pep talk she was trying to give.

Griswold looks to the girl and offers a nod "Agreed, I'd much rather me than her. She's already riddled with a weak enough constitution, I'd rather have her be able to move around." As Elda would ask her familiar to try its action again, Griswold would do the same. An idea crossed his mind, the hammer in his hand was made of metals as was the ingots he kept tossing. "Catch." Griswold overhand tosses the hammer toward the shops threshold, and in response Vulcan leaps and rips it from the air. The flames within it stir hot and Griswold huffs with a grin "Now bring me it." to which Vulcan responds, coming as Griswold latches on to the handle. The head of the hammer was lit fully, a torch with the ability to impact. He'd take to his shield and lift it with his left, smacking it once with the flaming blunt weapon. The flame jumps to it as well, a pair of tools for fighting burning brightly. "Can't wait to test this out." he remarks to little Elda

ID# 165187 results: Craft: 8, Success [3/3] Trained!

Edited by Griswold

Vulcan seemed to be listening to Griswold's every command now. Eruda smiles and glanced back down to Raserei who became transparent again. Flames start to flare under her feet and Eruda gives a nod and starts to focus as Raserei now was. Meeting her eyes with the same flame lite beneath her feet, Eruda takes a deep breath not knowing how this really worked yet but remembered the feeling that it gave her before. With a small nod toward Raserei, she slowly walks around Eruda's figure once as the flames begin to form into one again. With a quick movement, Raserei jumps through Eruda's body and lands on the other side, hitting the ground with a burst of blue fire filling the room. When Raserei went through her, Eruda gasp for air for only a moment before the feeling passed. Eruda holds her chest and looks around to make sure nothing was damaged by the flames. She then looks to her wolf with a small grin saying "I am going to have to get used to this fast if we are going to keep doing that."

ID# 165188 results: Craft: 7, Success [2/3]

Edited by Eruda

Like a phantom, the familiar pass through the girl, producing blue swell of fire as it does that permeates out from its nexus as Raserei lands. With his hammer still ablaze, Griswold begins to grind away at the now cooling ingot as it gains heat from the mallet. It gains temperature after a couple of blows, causing it to light up white as the plate forged starts to bend and twist. "Nice, it acts as I would expect." Griswold remarks with a spin of it in his grasp tightening it straight, before more strikes begin to bend and twist the plate of quicksilver. Elda seemed worried without a reason to be such, given the shop itself was meant to deal in the fire. "Aye girl keep it up." Griswold would offer her daughter words of encouragement, trying to allow her the incentive to keep on going despite how shocking it could be.

The burst of fire was new and exciting. Eruda wanted more though. Maybe she could make it to where instead of just a burst, it was a burst and the flames stayed upon her. This was it would raise her defensive stance a good amount but in theory, it would make her more intimidating when she would try getting the enemy's attention. "Raserei, I want you to try to keep that fire burning. Flame up first as a charge if you would before you make the jump." Raserei turns her head slightly toward Eruda but does nothing. "Hmm, maybe it takes the same toll on her that it does me. I'm still feeling almost a pressure inside after that last push through." Eruda gets to her knees and Raserei shakes like she is wet but was not. Petting her head gently, Raserei gives a small cooing noise before sitting down next to her and enjoying the pets.

Edited by Eruda