[F21 - Tier 3 Boss] Raiding the Reaver

Chaos abound. Awash in a sea of crimson, the players dropped like meteors down to the floor below. For the most part, they had been caught unawares. Caught in the current of the crashing waters, the Players were on a collision course straight for the floor below. If the Fall Damage didn't kill them, they would fall upon the swords of the army of enemies that awaited them at the end of their ascent. Honestly, the Fall Damage alone would be enough to kill the lot of them. 

"You seeing this?" A fiery-haired male dressed in a yukata watched from the precipice of the gash that had been carved into the area that used to be the Lake of Reflections. Opposite the man on the complete other edge of the gorge, a tall man - cerulean hair flowing in the wind - gazed down at the Players surging head-long to their deaths. He crossed his arms and huffed. "Unfortunately." 

"Should we do something?"

"Probably."

"Any ideas?"

"A few."

"You plan on saying more than a few words at a time?"

"Nope."

Betelguese groaned loudly as Rigel raised his hand. Azure light flowed freely from the Star's hand. As his power flowed down into the gorge, the Players would feel their momentum slowing steadily. Eventually, they came to rest safe and sound upon the ground. Though, that was rather arguable given the army that was baring down upon them. Betelguese then raised his hand, his magic erecting a radiant red barrier around the players. A temporary measure. Protection until the Players could get their feet under themselves and their equipment readied.

Players are blessed with the combined powers of Betelguese and Rigel. [Gain +3 DMG, +2 ACC, +2 EVA, 15*Tier Mitigation]
Preparation phase will last 72 hours. This Encounter is locked to Tier 3 Players only. Any Players that fail to join the fight before September 4, 1:00 AM EST will be barred from participating.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chaos abound. Awash in a sea of crimson, the players dropped like meteors down to the floor below. For the most part, they had been caught unawares. Caught in the current of the crashing waters, the P

Posted Images

A graceful descent still held aloft by the powers that swelled as fireworks continued to light up the sky in flashes, he'd grin and look to the NPC that he'd offered no business toward. It seemed they were just as eager to protect their town. He'd look around and spot the other members of his guild flowing in just the same as if all were being plucked from the city of coral. "It's now or never Firm Anima, prepare your gear, and cut the edge in your favors. No risks, Those weaker seek out the catapult and deal with the troops, do not engage the larger until the others fall." He'd rip his sword from its scabbard and plunge it into the waterlogged bedding that once held a lake of wine. A flash of light forms a robe upon his shoulder, changing for a pale blue to a bright red. He'd reach into the pocket and remove a pair of lenses, affixing them to his nose as a form of defense in mirrored light. He'd turn to see the first of many, without paying too much mind to the person he tosses it to, he passes off that which would not fit within his battle ready.

Raidou consumes: Darkness Salve [Lich Juice™️] (-3 Damage, +20 Mitigation), Antibody Amalgam (Antidote/Perfect), Eggplant Fries, Elixir of Vitality [Compound:3] (+135 Max HP)

Filling Betelguese's Mitigation food Filled [T3/+50 Mitigation]

Provided for @NIGHT 2*Banshee's Chorus - Doom (Tierless/Debuff Song/Instant/Perpetuate)
Provided for @Mari 2*Flash of Rejuvenation (Tierless/Crystal/Mass Healing)

Raidou | HP:1625/1625 | EN:144/144 | DMG:18 | MIT:176 | EVA:6 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:80 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant

Spoiler

Raidou, Firm Anima Vanguard Captain
Level: 73
HP: 1625/1625
EN: 144/144

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 176
Evasion: 6
Accuracy: 4
BH:80
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*5
Misperception*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Round of Beef (T3/Rare/Snack): Vitality 2*3

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

@Haine@claim@Ruler@Asmura@Vie@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows@Elora

Edited by Raidou

Freyd watched the lake heave like some massive, black, bladder compressed from below then swelling beyond its bank.  Its mirror surface distended and burst as a plume propelled by some great, dark, clawed hand reach high into the air, only to be thrust down with even greater force, sundering the foundations of the entire floor.  Thinking he'd caught a glimpse of something familiar about it, he strained from beneath his cowl, but it was too fast.  The rising tide of screams, followed by the swirling maelstrom swallowing the Lake of Reflections made all other considerations moot.  The rest of it came pouring down as a sudden deluge, spreading panic and confusion over Coral and the rest of the surrounding area.

Launching himself from his rooftop perch, Freyd darted like the shadow he aspired to be, racing directly towards the chaos.  His actions were not motivated by heroism or protective instincts.  His theory had to be confirmed.  Everything else could wait.  Lancing into the sky from the last warehouse by the docks, he raced along the longest pier hoping it would take him far enough to get a proper look.  His ears popped as the air pressure changed and the wind reversed itself from an outward flowing gale to an insurmountable inward suction.  Already committed and with nothing left to cling to that wasn't also giving way, he leapt into the growing black hole that had swallowed all the stars, and fell.

Black waters turned to red as the vortex drew him down, and the crushing force of fluid weighing upon him lessened as some distant light let loose its blessings, and saved him and countless others from an instant and malevolent fate.  Like the others, he landed on the rocky ground below, surprised to be alive, struggling to gain his bearing after gravity had seemingly wobbled and put them all through an angry galactic spin cycle.  It took a moment to get his bearings.  The air was still too thick with heavy mist and the dregs of streams still flowing down in mourning for their lost lake above.  The sound was overwhelming.

Standing back to his full height, Freyd surveyed the darkness for their assailants, suspecting that he knew full well who had done this.  If he was right, they were all still in very real and mortal danger.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1205/1205 | EN:104/104 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:24

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 52
HP: 1205/1205
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 6
BH:24
KEEN:1
HLY:6
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grief's Harbinger (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, BLD 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb [T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1]
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion (50 hp)*3
Teleport Crystals*2
Crystal of Support (30*tier) hp to party*1
Missing You*2
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

Freyd Consumes:

Eggplant Fries - Antioxidant (prevent next status effect) [147884]
Super-Duper Anti Snake Sauce (Antidote 3, 3/3) [159469]
Max Level Courage (T3 Over-Health 3, +135hp) [165670]
Strawberry Yogurt with Honey (Probiotics 3) [166162]
Assortment of Fuzzy-Looking Meatballs (Protein 2 + Filled) [159101]

Event bonus: DMG 3, ACC 2, EVA 2, MIT 45

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

In one moment, I was quietly sitting upon a hill, overlooking the gentle sway of the lake below, with the hustle and bustle of the town behind me. It felt a little lonely, and it tugged tight against my chest. But I found a strange sense of peace upon that hill...maybe it was the lively atmosphere. I often forget how much I miss such simple things. The lively chatter, the colours of the players. The warmth on the air. A stark contrast to the usual bitter cold on the fourth floor.

The next moment was a sudden shatter of crystalline data - my eyes widened in shock. My heart accelerating in a rush of adrenaline - lighting my blood on fire as the grassy knoll beneath me disappeared. The scenery around me a blur. The lake disappeared, and swallowed me up as the water parted ways. The drop...well....

The end was coming. My body knotted up in realization that this was it. No player would survive the fall, and even if they could...the army of enemies would. They looked like a writhing mass of flesh and bone. Even from this height I could see them glistening from the moisture of the lake, and smell the damp decay that emanated from them. 

Even so...Even so...

I'm alright with this.

It wasn't exactly the way I wanted to die... Hell, I almost didn't want to. And yet...I find my eyes fluttering closed. Shielding myself from the gruesome fate below. I exhaled, and found myself in an odd sense of acceptance. Blocking my sight made me aware of other things. Tiny strands of hair belting my face, the flapping sound of my yukata in the wind. The cold that bit my cheeks. Yeh...this was fine. Such a death would be instantaneous. There'd be no pain, and I'd finally be with my daughter. I never planned on making it out of Aincrad anyway.

Any time now...

I waited for an impact that did not come. My speed was halted, and instead of landing on dagger and sword I felt a strange warmth in the wind as I was gently placed on the ground.  "W-wh-huh?" I blinked, confused. My head whipped to either side...Was I the only one that had been saved? That couldn't be, shouldn't be. I of all people didn't deserve-

The sudden pang of fear dissipated. It appeared that other players had been thrust into the field, and had all made it. Some sort of divine intervention had stopped them all, no. Us all from such a fate. I exhaled. relieved. At least I wasn't the only one. I don't know what I'd do if I had been the only one spared.

One step in front of the other drew me toward the nearest player. Freyd, I recognized the auburn mop of hair. Did this have something to do with that Vanguard he was chasing? He  did say they would attack the event. My steps squelched in the ground as I reached out and placed a firm yet gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey." I started softly. "Do you...think this has anything to do with those things we faced earlier?" I asked.

I felt unnerved, not by the way we were suddenly thrust into such a predicament, but how easily I had accepted my fate. I chewed my cheek. Should it have been that easy? Did I really not care to fight for my life? I watched as Freyd turned around. I always thought he had brown eyes, but this close... I could see a soft hue of crimson that warmed them. Players like him. Like Crozeph and Yuki and Aiko. 

I just have to keep pushing it down.

I plastered a smile upon my face. Now was not the time to worry about myself. Now was the time to be strong. "Told ya' I'd be there to help."  I held out my hand and in a flash the mahogany handled spear I was given from Shield appeared in my hand. Right. Jacobs Ladder is depending on me. There is no time for myself. Another flash, and I was wearing my leather harness over the Yukata. I didn't have much time to change. Not when we were surrounded by enemies. So instead I pulled on the thick fabric, loosening it around my legs. I gave Freyd a wider grin that broke my freckled cheeks. I probably looked a mess, tousled hair, clothing a mess. But none of that mattered now.

What mattered. Where the lives around me. Even that of Raidou - as annoying as he was. I shifted a blue gaze toward him.  "You look....well."  It was the best I could Muster. I didn't like the guy. Bloody idiot wouldn't take no for an answer. Still. I wouldn't let my personal grudges get in the way.

@Raidou  @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

[Gained +3 DMG, +2 ACC, +2 EVA, 15*Tier Mitigation]

Spoiler

General
Level: 77 | HP: 1570  |Energy: 154

BATTLE COPY
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1570/1490  | EN: 154/146 | DMG: 19+3 | MIT: 43+45=88 | EVA:3 +2| ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 72 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

BATTLE INVENTORY:
1 x Teleport Crystal |  5 x 
Mass Recovery Crystal (Heals you and each member of your party for (30 * Target's Tier) 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
-Weapon Mod: Ferocity (+1 DMG)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage
Extended Mod Limit Rank 3 (+3 Mods)
First Aid: Cost 5% in EN Heal 4% per rank of a target party member’s maximum HP (rounded down). Cannot target the user.
Field Medic Mod: 12 En + 3 En per player:  heal for 20% of each party members maximum HP

EQUIPPED
Name:
Bleeding Lance| Item Type: 2H Assault Spear Tier 3
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 1
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari

As he was watching the fireworks display, Oscar couldn't help but feel that there was something he was forgetting. Something important. You know how life has a tendency to come at you quick? Well it don't get much quicker than a giant goddamn claw bursting up out of the ground. Oh yeah, Oscar thought, realization dawning upon him. The ground gave beneath his feet and he found himself hurtling through space. His eyes reflexively moved towards the ground. Much to his chagrin, he noticed an entire army waiting for them. Of course, he'd seen people fall shorter heights than this and still die. So maybe he wouldn't need to gear up for a fight just yet. After all, what was the point of arming himself midair if he was just gonna eat dirt and shatter the full length of his digital spine?

Mercifully, he felt his momentum begin to slow. He contorted his body as he fell, clocking a blue light that felt extremely out-of-place. Perhaps some attempt by the system to adjust for the anomaly that was the sentient army below them. It wasn't the dumbest idea. Now that he was relatively certain he would land safely, it was time to send off that message. That was if Freyd asked him whether he had warned his Guild, he wouldn't have to lie to the guy. Of course, typing while falling isn't an exact science. It was a garbled mess, but it got the point across.

To: @Lessa @NIGHT @Cordelia @Alkor @Bahr @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

BAaaadfd   gugs  at evet

It wasn't until he hit send that he realized that he'd also included Freyd in the addressee box. Typing while falling wasn't an exact science, after all. His feet touched down on the stone floor below and he let out a heavy sigh. "Fuck."

Spoiler

Oscar 1370/1370 HP | 134/134 EN | 23 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 151 MIT | 12 FLN | 36 BRN [BD8-10]

Oscar - Lvl 67
1370 HP
134 Energy
5 Accuracy (+1 Mod, +2 Gear +2 Buffs)
5 Evasion (+1 Mod, +2 Gear +2 Buffs)
23 Base Damage - (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Ferocity +9 Familiar +1 Athletics +3 Buff +1 Totem)
151 Mitigation (+45 Buff)
12 Fallen
2 Burn

Equipment
Tesseleth’s Fury [Tier 3 Demonic Two-Handed Battleaxe] | Fallen, Fallen, Burn, Burn
Tactical Outfitting Mk.III [Tier 3 Demonic Light Armor] | Vampiric (Defensive), Para Immune, Rec, Rec
Mythril Greaves [Tier 3 Perfect Heavy Armor] |  +81 MIT
Gloves of Caerus [Tier 1 Perfect Light Armor] | +3 Loot Die
Ivory Gold Leaf Ring [Tier 1 Demonic Trinket] | ACC, ACC, EVA, EVA

Familiar
Leeroy & Jenkins - Familiar: +9 DMG

Battle Ready Inventory
Teleportation Crystal
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |

Buffs
Well-Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 slot.
Skylight: Expertise - Rank 5 Searching
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25%

Skills
2HBA - Rank 5: +8 Damage
Light Armor - Rank 5: +25 Damage Mitigation
Battle Healing - Rank 5: Recover 5% of Max HP every round while in combat
Searching - Rank 5: +5 LD, +5 Stealth Detection
Concentration: +1 to your BD (3 turn cooldown)
Survival: Heal 15*Tier HP when out of battle
Parry: 2-turn CD, 5 EN Half damage of next attack and remove Stun/Paralysis effects
First Aid: Rank 3: Restore 12% of target’s max health [Cost: 4% of healing done]

Skill Mods
Ferocity: +1 Base Damage
Athletics: +1 Base Damage, Max HP by 10*tier
Precision: +1 ACC
Justified Riposte:  Successful Parries Stun Opponent, 3 Turn CD
Finesse Rank 3: -3 EN on 2HBA Sword Arts
Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 EVA

The girl gazed up at the sky, watching as a blaze of brilliant light flashed through the sky. A warm smile rested on her face, as for a moment she was allowed to enjoy herself. As if she was a normal girl, in a normal world. However, the smile faded as she noticed the water ripple around her. 'Waves?' she thought to herself. 'There shouldn't be any waves here, there's no wind.' She sat up, as the ripples became waves that threatened to overturn her boat. The confusion on her face became fright in mere instances. Suddenly, all hell broke loose. 

With the sound of a deep rumble, her boat was thrown to side, destroyed by the violent waves. Thrashing upwards, Hidden would manage to keep herself afloat. A calm settled for a mere moment as a shadow rose from the depths. The great beast blocked out the light, concealing her once again with the darkness. Then, a claw struck down into the water near where she swam and she was thrown into the air.

Spiraling mid-air and out of control, the world spun without restraint. Her eyes caught sight of another figure in the air, a large fish that was without a doubt the <<King of Lakes>> thrown into the air like a ragdoll. This beast would land on the water's edge and scramble to its feet, escaping the area with long-strides as it sought safety from the beast.

The girl slammed into the water, its surface now like concrete. She flailed in the water as she was plunged into its depths. Accidentally, inhaling water, she felt a cold feeling in her virtual lungs. All of a sudden she found herself freefalling into the air as she fell for several seconds. However, her falling slowed just in time before she hit the ground first before any other player.

Coughing a sputtering, the girl would force the liquid from her lungs, laying in a fetal position on the ground. Cold and wet, she would open her eyes to the new world. The ground was rocky, cold and lit by the light of crystals. 'The twenty-first floor?' was all that she could think before she sat up to reassess the situation. 

Her body was soaked, and her hair was nothing but a mop. In fact, her kimono had been entirely ruined and was tattered. She opened her inventory and quickly replaced it with her combat gear. 'w-what happened?' she would look around to find players gently falling in from the chasm above, some such as Raidou had already landed. Coughing once more, she would stand, legs shaking. Her eyes continued to search around, noticing that they were in the middle of some war zone with several opponents surrounding them. She wiped the water from her face and prepared for a battle that she never expected to come. 

Spoiler

Name: Hidden
Level: 59
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 124
Evasion: 5
Accuracy: 6
BH:60
VAMP OFF:121
HLY:8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Nato's Might>> (T2/Demonic/Dagger): HLY II, ACC I, VAMP OFF I
Armor: <<Shadow's Silence>> (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): MIT III
Misc: <<Shadow's Blossom>> (T3/Perfect/Trinket): ACC II, EVA I

Skills:
One-Handed Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Hide [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Buffs:
Event:
 [Gain +3 DMG, +2 ACC, +3(Filling) EVA, 45 Mitigation]

Mods:
Athletics
Precision
Acrobatics
Assassin
Vanish

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
T2 HP Potion (+120 HP)*3
T2 HP Crystal (+120 HP)*2
T1 DMG Potion*3

Housing Buffs:
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

He'd look around taking in those that were now landing just the same as he, he'd flip his menu open and check all that it would read back to him. "Adequate, I am ready to go." a word from his back that forced him to turn.

"You look....well."

First noticing Freyd and Hidden who could handle herself fine, then Mari. He was glad he'd have another captain ready to issue orders and keep things contained and pressing forward amicably. As a tank especially an active one, it was hard to do anything other than focus on the opponent's swings, as such he'd rely heavily on the other captains to keep the other members in line. He'd turn away, being extremely uncomfortable in the moment once his eyes met hers as they had so long ago. I am different now...right? A tussle of his glasses on his nose. "It has taken me far too long for these words to reach you, I am sorry for imposing myself upon you that day. It was hard for me to understand your feelings, as it still may very well be. I hope you will forgive me someday." He'd rip his sword out of the ground and give it a spin as his red fog began.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte

Raidou | HP:1625/1625 | EN:139/144 | DMG:18 | MIT:176 | EVA:6 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:80 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant | VENGEFUL

@Mari@Hidden@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Edited by Raidou

"Hey," a familiar and unexpected voice said.  He turned and watched Mari emerge from the mists.  The pressure of her hand upon his shoulder was unexpected, but not unwelcome.  It made her feel more real to him, and provided some small sensory comfort that he hadn't just plunged to his digital doom.  Looking like a drowned cat, his cowl was plastered to his face and covered most of this right eye.  Strings of matted brown hair also covered most of the left.  If she expected his more common, frazzled expression, she wouldn't find it.  His facades were all down.  Here he was, laid bare, the red in his eyes practically glowing with cold and unyielding determination.

"Do you...think this has anything to do with those things we faced earlier?" She asked.  More noises echoed and stirred in the inky dark beyond the mist.  Their enemy was on the move.

"I think this has everything to do with what we faced before.  There weren't enough of them in the forest.  I think we've found the rest." 

Freyd practically ripped the sopping cowl off his face.  The squelching sound it made seemed like he had just ripped the flesh from his skull.  Gone were the wide eyes - his pretense of naivete and innocence - replaced by the narrow slits of a calculating predator in search of prey.  His jaw was set and lips pressed with certainty.  It was as if a mask had fallen off as they plummeted.  The aloof clown had suddenly become wrathful and dangerous.  This was the real him.  

"Told ya' I'd be there to help."  Her brave show of confidence beamed like a burst of sunlight in the black haze.   Crossing his left hand over his chest, he placed it gently on the one she had upon his right shoulder, giving it a firm press to confirm his own commitment and appreciation.  He nodded with his eyes as much as his head as his other hand reached before him at head height as if to grasp the air.

"Come, Grief's Harbinger.  It's time you made your introduction." 

His voice was barely above a whisper as he called the weapon forth.  Wisps of angry darkness roiled and gathered at his feet, accompanied by the anguished moans of lost and mournful souls upon the absent breeze.  Swirling and coalescing upward, it formed into a long hilt of black emptiness in his gloved hand, attached to a single long blade nearly the man's height and made of some substance seemingly cast from the void.  The tip seemed to hover only a touch above the rocky ground, as if the two refused to meet.  Only absence, limned by whatever celestial force contained it, even made its presence known.

A glance was all that was needed between Raidou and himself as his fellow captain joined them in the clearing haze.  He and Mari were making peace over whatever history yet lingered between them.  Crisis was good for such things.  He, meanwhile, sent a message to the other members of his team.

If you're at the breach, do as Raidou commands and survive.  Once you manage that, get me a prisoner.  I want it alive.

@Mari  @Setsuna  @Kasumi  @Raidou

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Coughing once again to remove the feeling of water in her lungs, she would face the enemy. It appeared some barrier had been constructed between the players and the enemy, a thin red one. Of course, this was most likely only temporary to give them a minute or so to set themselves up for battle. 

"I think this has everything to do with what we faced before.  There weren't enough of them in the forest.  I think we've found the rest." 

Hidden turned, her eyes falling on the boy that spoke these words. After everything that had happened to her, she wasn't in the best of moods. She stepped forward and looked at the boy. "You knew this was going to happen and I dunno, mention it? First, i'm gonna kill everything around here. Then, you are going to tell me exactly what is going on. Dragons just don't randomly pop out of lakes, make holes through an entire floor, and drown me in the process." To prove a point, she grabbed her hair and began to wring it out like a towel. 

The girl stepped back, an annoyed expression on her face. She crouched, the hide skill activating and shrouding her appearance. She would then, sit and wait for the battle to start.

167061 LD:14+5=19 Stealth Rating.

Hidden | HP:1210/1210 | EN:118/118 | DMG:19 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:121 | HLY:8 | BH:60

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Freyd ignored the frantic splatter of water from some short, miffed,  white-haired chick who'd overheard his brief exchange with Mari.  'Not another squawking wannabe loli,' he thought to himself, his eyes imagining themselves rolling up and around a full 360 degrees through the back of his skull.  'I swear, they multiply like rabbits around here.'

"You knew this was going to happen and I dunno, mention it? First, i'm gonna kill everything around here. Then, you are going to tell me exactly what is going on. Dragons just don't randomly pop out of lakes, make holes through an entire floor, and drown me in the process."  He watched her storm off in a predictable huff, like some petulant child. 

This was no time for tantrums, and he had no tolerance to indulge in the emotional breakdowns of others at the best of times.  It was a waste of energy and only served to swell the intensity of their irrational behaviour.  In fact, right now, he'd sooner stoke it to a berserk rage and send it all wound up against his enemies, where it might actually do some good.

"I said 'I think', not 'I know'," he replied still staring into the mists.  His voice was perfectly calm and even - a complete opposite to her agitated state.  Then he turned to look directly at her.  "If all you're going to do is sit there, fuming, why don't you at least go around and gather up any one else who didn't get crushed in this mess?  If you're eager for someone to be angry at, I think you're about to get a surplus of candidates."  He turned back to scouring the horizon.

"And, if I'm right, and we somehow survive this, you can come ask me all the questions you want."

Spoiler

image.png.24d65b5d3d10f5ea8b117edb47d4a525.png

LD 19 + 3 = 22 Search rating.

"You..." I breathed as Raidou apologized. I still didn't entirely like the guy - not that I had much to  base things off of. "Yeh well..." I wasn't good in situations like this. "It's...fine." I said quietly at first, then repeated in fear that he didn't hear me. "It's fine!" I waved off his concerns. "Just next time maybe not try to force someone to spill all their emotions and shit when you first meet next time, yeh?" I tried to give him a grin - but it fell flat. I was tired.

I didn't have time to process the apology properly, nor give Raidou any further words of gratitude, as Hidden had come up to us.

"You knew this was going to happen and I dunno, mention it?" 

"Hidden...."

My voice broke the silence left in the words between her tirade - and yet, in her own typical way. She continued - in a huff of angered words. She really did remind me of myself. I shut my eyes and waited for her to finish. I was always so angry...I always lashed out at everything and everyone around me. I hated it. Them. This world. I crouched down in the mud, ignoring the stains on the flaps of my yukata. I could no longer see her, but I knew she was there, somewhere. Preparing for battle. Smart. 

"You know...I'd probably have reacted the same way in the past..." I said thoughtfully. "Especially after almost drowning. I'd be pissed." I offered the empty space a wry grin. Feeling a little silly in doing so. For all I knew she could have been long gone. A part of me wanted to reach out to her and comfort her in some way. I really did see myself in that twisted rage filled face, and in those vehement words. But...

She didn't really need me.

No one did.

What more could I really say to her? Words of encouragement? Offers of help? She was already off, Hidden away to prepare for battle. With a long and low exhale I pushed myself back up to a standing position. Shifting my attention to Freyd. He seemed. Different somehow. Angst-ier? My eyes narrowed as I lifted my chin to study him. Why is everyone taller than me?

"You uh...." I struggled to find the words to say, well, the right words. The first thing that came to mind was that he seemed like he had jumped straight outta one of those isekai anime's - or maybe he was a character in one of those batman comics. "Seem a little different to what I'd expect." I finally said, lifting a hand to push muddied hair away from my freckled face. I watched as he summoned his weapon, barely hiding a snort at the theatrics. The air around Freyd though. It was cold. Calculating. Hell, he wasn't even like this when we were fighting those Sundered Vanguards. Was it because his guild leader was here, or were those earlier encounters a front? Another facet of him? I coughed and averted my gaze. The hell did it matter?

"I see Oscar is here..." I said as I opened up my own HUD. "He's probably messaging other members of the Tarot. I'll try to bring members of Jacobs Ladder here."  My words sounded confident, but internally, I wasn't so sure. I hadn't seen Baldur at the event, and it screamed him. Shield...he was simply gone. But, I guess we weren't close enough for him to tell me his plans. The more I thought about it the bigger the pain in my chest. It felt like the past was repeating. That Life was right and I naught but a poison to those around me. I just had to push those thoughts down. Push it down. Move forward. Fight to get everyone else out of here.

To: @Baldur @Shield @Oikawa  @Calrex @Beat @Crozeph
You are the stronger members within Jacobs Ladder. There has been an issue. The lake has separated during the Tanabata event and players have fallen down. Any backup would be appreciated. Bring teleport crystals and healing items if you can make it.

-Mari.

Despite my reservations I forced another smile on my face. "I've messaged the others. Since this is...." I shifted my gaze across the muddy field - if it could be called that. Outcrops of stone littered the lake bed. Every few feet there were fish, some dead-others struggling, suffocating, dying. Tendrils of reeds and weeds sat lifeless against the ground. Weighed down by gravity. And the stench of mossy mildew hung dense around us. I wrinkled my nose.  "A right f**king mess." That seemed to be the best way to explain it.  "But- I'll do my best to make sure everyone else gets outta here." I turned my gaze to Freyd. "Even if I have to embed a teleportation crystal into ya chest and force you outta here myself."  He probably wasn't in the mood for jokes.

But what did I care? He could be all angsty emo anime protagonist at me all day and I'd barely bat an eye.

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Hidden @Raidou

Edited by Mari

A few moments ago...

"Well, I guess that wraps things up with this event," he told her. "We should get home, I want to eat some home-cooked meals. The takoyaki and yakisoba wasn't enough to satisfy me" Crozeph's appetite was starting to show signs that he's less depressive or maybe it's just how he is, eat while he can. He didn't know if the system is making him healthy or malnourished, all he knows is that they can still continue the habit of eating. "Oh wait I gotta ask for another small boat from the boat guy, I'll be back really quick" with that Crozeph darted to the location of the boatswain and asked for another toy boat to which the man gave him another. Crozeph was happy with having two, something to put in the pond of Yuki's house. As he made his way back to his fiancé, fireworks suddenly appeared and everyone's attention was caught by it but not Crozeph. His eyes looked at what's happening around him and some kind of earthquake "spider-senses are tingling" he thought. He ran towards Yuki, dodging a few players along the way and he was still a few feet near the lake and then it happened. He stretched out his hand as he saw her pink hair and then he lost his balance, it might be something monstrous but it was too late to think, he fell into the water and sank. The darkness began wrapping around him "damn it."

Back to regular programming...

Crozeph rolled over and cough out the water that he drank as he sank deep. A good number of players are also in the area and from what it seems they're in an enemy territory "tch, so much for a peaceful event, Cardinal surely knows how to fuck shit up" he thought as his annoyance grew. He looked around for Yuki as he began changing into his battle gear. "Pink hair, pink hair, pink hair" he muttered as he continued to change. After a few minutes, he stomped his foot and opened his mail "damn it! How blind can I be?" he snapped at himself. Crozeph began typing his message and doing it quickly to send to Yuki but his message was interrupted by a message from one of the pillars, @Mari "she's in here as well?" he began turning his head left and right looking for her "a bit comforting but the location is still messed up for me" he walked and searched for her while eating some consumables he has in his inventory "orange hair, wielding a spear, might be wearing a kimono with a koi design" he thought that Mari would be dressed for the occasion and he must find her before she could change into her battle gear.

Three minutes was what it took to find her, Crozeph approached the woman and brushed his hair up trying to dry himself "unfortunately I fell here too, I'm looking for Yuki but I haven't found her yet." Crozeph opened his HUD and began scanning for his skillset "I have a rank 4 First Aid, I can prepare a life-mending trinket if necessary but other than that I only have consumables that can buff and a few debuff crystals" he told her. It was best to assess what he has in his pocket first. Crozeph saw that she might have assembled a group already. He was so occupied on finding Yuki that he just noticed two familiar faces, @Hidden and @Raidou. The guy was with him when Hidden organized a quest for them. Crozeph's eyes widened as he saw the girl who scared him shitless by doing a deceptive skill.

He quickly moved behind Mari and looked at Hidden "I-I see that you have a strong group now" he told her "h-hi Hidden and you too Red" he said to them. It was a bit absurd hiding behind his guild leader as he was a few inches taller "any plan? Oh wait I gotta message Yuki first" he turned his back from them and resumed on typing his message, making sure if she fell in or is she safe somewhere else "she might even jump in to save everyone," he thought.

To: @Zajcica
Where are you? I fell inside some kind of weird aquarium but instead of fish it's us players. Tell me if you fell in or if you can see a hole at the lake

.Crozeph consumed the following:

Woodland Armor [-1 Charge] 2/3 +45 MIT
Liquor of Light +3 damage
Le Beefus Pointus Healthus [T2 Overhealth III]
Udon Bowl +2 ACC

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 50]
  | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 100/100
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 54
  | FRZ: 1 | REC: 2 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Total SP: 207
  Allocated: 202
  Remaining: 5

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath [T2 Perfect]
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code [T2 Perfect]
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 4/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

The night was going so well. Everything was perfect to the point that Yuki was almost too relaxed. Her body had felt so tense lately with all the levels that she's been gaining. Though, the ground beneath them shook. The lake started to drain and a gaping hole began to consume everyone around the lake. Yuki and Crow were no exceptions to this. The two fell from the ceiling, landing softly at the bottom thanks to Beetleguese and Rigel. The paladin touched down at the chasm between everyone else. Everyone she knew was here: Members of Jacob's Ladder, the Firm Anima gang, Hidden, and Night. It was clear that whatever was happening here, it wasn't good. Boss battle time.

Donning her regal attire, Yuki took a few swings of her swords to warm up her arms. No more sore feelings nor any worries about things getting too boring. Looking between the people that were here at the battle, she and Raidou seemed to be the only designated tanks. Yuki would turn to Crozeph and smile. "Stay here, I need to do something." She said before heading over to Raidou.

"Oi, Rai. Good to see you again. I know we've hardly had much interaction with each other, but from what I know of you, you are a fierce heart ready to fight. We will combine our efforts and protect everyone here. You're really good at dodging the enemy attacks. If you keep the boss pre-occupied, I can coral the little guys for every to focus down. If it gets too much for you, we switch and I'll hold em off while you get healed." Yuki smiled and gave the man a thumbs up, but she wasn't done yet. She would treat this like a suedo-boss battle, which meant people needed to be ready for anything to come.

Stepping up to a fallen rock to get some height, she took account of everyone around. It seemed like everyone here was higher leveled than the rest, though she did notice Freyd. Hopefully he is high enough level to handle himself in this situation. She didn't have any doubts that he had done what she had as well. Yuki cleared her throat quickly before speaking out to everyone in the crowd.

"Oi! Everyone! Listen up! We're all in this together. We definitely weren't expecting something like this to happen, but we cannot let out guard down! We're strong, we're determined and we're ready to take on anything that tries to oppose us! Know with certainty that we can conquer all obstacles that block our paths! It not about what you can or cannot do, but what you do to improve yourself. This boss is nothing but a warm-up for the Shadow. I've spent the months working my way to this point because I believe in everyone here, and I've met tons of people who share a lot of ideals. We're all ready to get out of this game, so stay behind me and Firm Anima Leader Raidou. We will be your shields." The paladin probably wasn't the best at speeches, but she wanted to be a rallying beacon to everyone here. That when they say her standing here, they could all feel determined to take on anything. It's all she's ever wanted: To be a symbol of bravery and confidence to everyone around her. With a big toothy grin, the paladin drew her sword again and raised it into the air. "Let's do this today for our futures! For the future of everyone in Aincrad!"

Zajcica consumes: Terra Firma Scale +27 MIT, Rations+2, Immolation+2

Filling Betelguese's Mitigation food Filled [T3/+50 Mitigation]

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 65
HP: 1510/1510
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 6
Mitigation: 279
Accuracy: 4
BH: 75
BLD: 36
TAUNT
THRNS: 54
FL. AURA: 30
FR. THRN: 21

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Jack's Plate (T3/Perfect/HA): Fl. Aura II; Taunt
Misc: Casseur de Logistille (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Fr. Thorns

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit II [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender
Survival

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Rampart
Vengeful Riposte
Emergency Recovery
Mark

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*6
Ration+2*5

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

@Raidou @Crozeph

Using Mega Slime Farm to get +2 SP at the end of the thread.

As the event slowly came to a close, Macradon smiled and nodded at the beauty and calmness of the place. Everyone were having a grand time, everyone were enjoying each others’ presence. At least until chaos erupted. So much was going on in an instant, people were sent flying, the lake was split, people falling to their deaths, monsters appearing, absolute chaos. Macradon would take in a deep breath and steel his eyes again “Time to get into action I guess …” he said and quickly began to equip his equipment while running up to the scene. As he arrived at the lines, he saw many people he knew already present “Good, we need as much help with this as possible …” he thought for himself and got a good look at everyone there. “We could use more people, but with this we’ll manage … I hope.”

With all his equipment ready, Macradon would walk up ready to fight “Anything happened while I wasn’t here? Status?” he asked out for everyone to hear. If anyone had seen anything indicating anything special, it would be best to add that to his mental notes.

Stats

Spoiler

DynamicMac_v2_narrow.png
Macradon - The Imperial Topaz Level: 88
Stats HP: 1805
NRG: 189
ACC: 4
EVA: 2
DMG: 22
MIT: 152
REC: 6
FRT: 36(21)
FRZ: 6(2 turns)
VMP: 180
Equipped Items - Blade of the Bloody Dictator // +12 Holy, Phase, 180 Vampiric Offensive
- Silverlight ................ // +72 Mitigation, +36 Frost Thorns, +6 Freeze Damage
- Templar's Necklace ......... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

- Belphegor: Fighting Familiar // +9 Damage
Battle Ready Inventory - Empty inventory slot ....... //
- Empty inventory slot ....... //
- Dimensional backpack
- Empty inventory slot ..... //
Buffs - Rested ............................ // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of
each combat.
- Filling ........................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item
consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slots.
- Relaxed ........................... // Increase Out of Combat HP regen by 15(5 * Tier) HP
and decrease full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat
posts.
- Col Deposit ....................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10%
bonus col from treasure chests.
- Blessing of Betelgeuse and Rigel .. // +3 Damage, +2 Accuracy, +2 Evasion, +45 Mitigation
Skills & Mods - Two-Handed Straight Sword .. || Rank 5: +7 Damage.
- Precision ................. // +1 Accuracy.
- Ferocity .................. // +1 Damage.
- Finesse ................... // Rank 3: Decrease Energy Cost of attacks by 3.
- Heavy Armor ................ || Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation.
- Athletics ................. // +1 Damage, +45 Health.
- Searching .................. || Rank 5: +5 Loot Die, +5 Stealth Detection.
- Reveal .................... // +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths.
You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth
every 15 posts (instead of 20).
- Tracking .................. // Allows the user to track previously-encountered
monsters, NPCs, or other players. Negates all
bonuses to the target's Stealth Rating. After
tracking, your first attack against the tracked
creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat.

- Battle Healing ............. || Rank 5: Heal 90(5%) each post In-Battle.
- Fighting Spirit ............ || +1 Hate generation.
- Hiding ..................... || Rank 5: +5 Stealth Rating.
- Vanish .................... // Use in combat post action to stealth. Free action
in combat to stealth if target has been slain.
- Surprise Attack ........... // Cannot miss from stealth. +3(1 * Tier) damage on
first attack.
- Extended Mod Limit ......... || Rank 3: +3 Mod slots.
- Parry ...................... || Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down).
- Vangeful Rispote .......... // Return 50% of damage to target.
- Justified Riposte ......... // Stun attacker for 1 turn.
- Energist ................... || Add 15(5 * Tier) Energy to your max pool.
- Charge ..................... || Rank 5: +5 on initial hit.

- Disguise ................... || +1 EVA for one turn.
- Survival ................... || Heal 45 HP when our of battle.
- Familiar Mastery: Fighter .. || Rank 3: +9(Tier * Rank) Damage.
- Meditation ................. || Recover 15(3 * Tier) energy with post action.
Reduced to 10(2 x Tier) energy if you are hit
before your next round.

His party games taken from him just when it was getting good, he'd scan the newly made arena for the bluenette, the love of his life. Behind him fluttering and flapping rather aggressively was a penguin, his familiar who it was clear it had yet to experience flight. "Holy F***, guess this is it Pingu" he spiraled and at least managed his feet below him, a stare to the bird as they picked up velocity.

A sudden red flare of light drew upon his frame, his fall began to slow mere moments before impact. "Whew, thanks" Kiluia remarks looking up to Rigel noticing his composing of his descent and offering a wave. He'd look through the created force field and see what was being eyeballed by the players here, whistle sharply, and open his menu. "Guess we couldn't just have a good time for once without something trying to eat us at the end of the day." he'd sigh as his gear swapped to his more combat focused one, the yukata being placed away safe.

He had to find @Haine, keep her safe in this exchange if she happened to fall in this mess. He heard the call to actions and speeches flowing from those in the guild, but his first priority was her and @Asmura. Since they would be stuck in this hole, he'd just have to beat his way through everything. Pulling tight the cord around his palms, he was ready to throw down.

Used and Filled: Well Done Steak (+3 Protein/-30 Mitigation)

[Gained +3 DMG, +2 ACC, +2 EVA, 15*Tier Mitigation]

Kiluia | HP:1050/1050 | EN:102/102 | DMG:25 | MIT:124 | EVA:4 | ACC:5 (AA) | BLD:36 | REC:1 | KEEN:1

Spoiler

Kiluia, White Lightning
Level: 51
HP: 1050/1050
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 124
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 5
BLD:36
REC:1
KEEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Destructive Wrath (T3/Perfect/Handwrap): Keen, Bleed 1, Absolute Accuracy
Armor: Osiris's Shade (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Rose of Truth (T3/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter R3
Survival

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
1*Teleport Crystal

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

So many people. So much noise.

NIGHT was fully aware of the events down by the lake. She didn't appreciate it. Stolen away from the hillside, shuffling down the steps with her alarmed companion, the two figures made their way over to the site of destruction.

There were countless witnesses, victims still evacuating. A few players stuck behind to check on the rubble. One of them was Bistro -- of course, she wasn't one in fighting fit, but she was present enough to examine the sequence of events.

She would probably turn up nothing, however. Though that was merely a guess on NIGHT's personal hunch.

The player could pick up sounds from the gash in the, somehow audible above the rushing of water and the crashing of items upon the base of the fall. How awful -- was that several players discussing tactics or was someone giving a speech? As much as NIGHT wanted to look into things, if there was a fight, she'd hate taking orders from anyone at all.

Her sights bounced over to DAY, who nodded over to the void in the distance with a bright expression. "If you hop in, you'll make it out okay. System just wants you to know that."

A raised eyebrow, a hesitant look. "Could use your expertise on the matter."

"It's... complicated." They started to pick up their hood, NIGHT getting in a last look at their precious face before it was cloaked in shadows. "I'll just head back for now. I don't think it's safe here."

"I'll watch you off, though."

Curious. Suspicious, for sure. NIGHT looked about the field hesitantly, watching the lake start to drain of pouring liquid. "Just so you know," she whispered under her breath, "I'm not too great at swimming either."

"Is that an educational request for the future?"

She shot DAY a look over her shoulder as she turned around. "It's a promise. See you back home."

With one dive, she was in the water; weightless, stagnant, holding her breath. Keeping herself light, the player allowed herself to be washed away by the torrent, deciding to entrust her fate to the system for once.

Looks like the stars were shining down on her once again.

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1490/1490 | EN: 161/161
  | ACC: 5 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 6 | MIT: 124 | BH: 74
  | BURN: 36 | BLIGHT: 72 | BLEED: 36 | TXC VM: 24 
  | LD: 4

| Stealth Detection: 4 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

[Using Rigel/Betelgeuse Blessing for buffs.]
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Blight II | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 72 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Bleed I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • [T3E3] [ref] Missing You (2) | Instant | HP RECOVERY III [+180 HP]
  • [T3E2] Spherical Yam Ball (5) | VITALITY II [+12 EN]
  • [T1E3] Imugi's Inspiration (5) | Instant | MASS HP RECOVERY [+30*Tier HP]
  • [T1E3] Imugi's Inspiration (5) | Instant | MASS HP RECOVERY [+30*Tier HP]
  • [T1E3] Banshee's Chorus - Doom (2) | Instant | PERPETUATE
  • [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (2) | Instant | TELEPORT

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• [T3E3] Viperion | TOXIC VENOM | [155268-1]

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

As Zandra had delivered the dust she went to stroll around at the festival. She looked at the different activities, took some delicious food and started to nom on. She did spotted a familiar face every now and then, but when she did, she quickly turned around and walked the opposite way. From what she could see, they seemed to enjoy themselves, and she didn’t planned to ruin their happiness by disturbing them. After she had walked around for half an hour or so, she decided to sit down and relax. Relax, that is one thing she haven’t done in quite some time. Thou she haven’t sit down for many seconds as she suddenly got caught in the current of an enormous force of crashing water. Her eyes went wide open as she lost all her control over her body. ‘’Va fan!’’ she shouted, but the words drowned in the water masses.

Zandra didn’t felt any ground or floor under her feets, no cliff to hold on to, she was falling.zandra-kirbssmallvit.thumb.jpg.4e200927d3fcddc8d9871e4ecee419e5.jpg
Falling, and there was nothing she could do about it. She then saw it, the ground. It was coming closer and closer. And there was nothing she could do to slow down or stop falling. Only the ground that came closer and closer. ‘’Is this, is this it?’’ she mumbled silently. I guess it is it. All my work. Everything. Gone in just a few seconds. She let out a small giggle to herself. What would the cause of death be on the monument? Zandra: killed by falling damage. She had hoped it would be something more int…

Suddenly the falling slowed down. Not long after, she landed safely on the ground. What the f***? Was this a trick? Guess they just wanted to toy with them or something? She looked around and saw some other players had already landed close to her, inside a red dome where it seems to be safe. Thou outside it wasn’t. She took one of her deepest breaths she had ever taken. ‘’You gotta be kidding me!’’ she let out, a little louder then intended. She saw the other gear up. So a few swipes in the air and some seconds later, She was equipped with her Energizing Eclipse armor, covered by Inferno. With an axe in her hands and a smirk on her face, she was ready for whatever the enemy would throw at them.

Spoiler

Level:  88
Energy: 191 (176(level)+15(Energist))
HP: 1,805 (1,760(level)+45(Athletics))
DMG: 22 (1(base)+2(2-hand)+5(wpn skill)+9(familiar)+1(Athletics)+1(Ferocity)+3(Blessing))
ACC: 3(5) (1(Precision)+0/1(Concentration)+2(Blessing))
EVA: 2 (2(Blessing))
MIT: 197 (35(skill)+81(mit hvy armor)+36(flame aura)+45(Blessing))
Thorns: 30 (30(Flame aura))
BH: 90 (5% of HP)

Utility & Mobility:

Grandmaster(rank 5) Search & Detect (50)

Combat:

Grandmaster(rank 5) First aid (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Charge (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Heavy armour (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Battle Healing (50)

Howl (10)
Energize (15)
Quick Change (12)
Expert Extended Mods (10)
Energist (12)

Weapon skill:
Grandmaster(rank 5) Two-handed Battle-axe (50)

Extra skills:
Concentrate (0)
Survival (3)
Expert mastery: Figther (18)

Mods:
Purify (10)
Sharpness (10)
Field medic (15)
Barrier (10)
Hyperactive(10)
Athletics (9)
Ferocity(Axe 5) (15)
Precision (15)
Finesse-2HBA rank 3 (10)

Equipment:

-Vanity 2HBA
-Inferno: t3 heavy armor. +2 flame aura (+30 thorns +36 mit), +54 mit
-Santas cloak: t3 light armor, Life mending (+20% outgoing healing), Antifreeze, Paralyze immunity
-Energizing Eclipse Armor: t3 Hvy armor +27 Mitigation, +6 Recovery
-Zita: Fighter familiar rank 3. +9 Dmg

Battle ready inventory:

-Amphibian war rally: Unique item, paralyze all enemies for one turn. 1 use/thread.
-Unicorn horn: Unique item, heals players: 1 player 15% or 2 players 10% each or 3 players 5% each
-Ebonshield Shard: t3 2HBA 1 Ab acc, 1 Keen, 10% Vampiric(OFF)
-Jacks 2 handed battle axe: t3 2hba 36 burn, 36 bleed, 72 blight
-Handwraps of accuracy: t3 trinket. +3 accuracy
-Teleport crystal
-1x Mass heal crystal
-

House buffs:
-Well rested: -1 energy cost for first 3 expanditures of each combat
-Squeaky clean: First dot damage taken reduced by 25%
-Item stash: +1 battle ready slot
-Relaxed: ooc healing increased by 15 HP and energy refilled reduced to 2 posts
-Col stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
-Multipurpose: +1 LD, Stealth detection or prosperity to one post. Can be applied after roll result.

Consumables:

Blessing of the combined powers of Betelguese and Rigel. [+3 DMG, +2 ACC, +2 EVA, 15*Tier Mitigation]

Edited by Zandra

Taking in a deep breath while slowly trying to collect all the information he could, but apparently there wasn’t much to prepare. The ironclad knight began to stretch his body and drew his sword. With a quick whistle, Belphegor his cerberus appeared from the crowd and ignited its flames. “I guess I’ll go into the back and prepare for a vanguard … just plop me wherever you guys need me.” he said out loud and left the scene shortly after. Quickly trying to walk by the edges of the area, Macradon tried to keep his profile low, taking cover behind many different obstacles to stay out of sight. “I don’t even know what we’re actually fighting yet, but I don’t have a great feeling about this. Feels a bit too sudden for a happy go lucky festival that just ended … guess Cardinal really wants to f**k us over right now. Some kind of innate sadism.”

ID: 167129
LD: 11+5=16 Stealth Rating

[ Entered Stealth ]

Her eyes scanning the surrondings outside the dome, trying to be ready for whatever was to come. ‘’Be ready, don’t lose focus.’’ She said, as much to herself and Zita as to the people around her. That was when she herd Macradon speak up. She gave him a nod as she rembered his hiding abilities. That did make Zandra get an idea. Back from the real world, when she and her guildies was raiding, you often pre-stacked your boons. So you don’t have to waste valuable actions using skills that increase damage and defence. Shouldn’t that work here as well? She didn’t knew if it would drain her energy or not, but it was worth trying. They didn’t knew what kind of damage they would face, so she did go for the other, more selfish skill then barrier. Her hand started to glow as she touched the pulsing area on her chest. As they touched, her armor let out a short burst of heat. ‘’Haha! That worked indeed!’’ she mumbled. ‘’Now, now come at me who ever is our enemy. We will turn you to shattered pixels!’’

Zandra uses <<Hyperactive>> on herself. Increase passive energy regen by 3 (3/3 turns)

Tags: Anime, Kashi (Bluenest ), Touken Ranbu, Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, Uchigatana, Pixiv, Fanart, Fanart From Pixiv, PNG ConversionThe blonde smiled while standing at the edge of the event, far from the other players. He had brought @tricolor_minaa here to see the firework show that was supposed to take place at the end of the seventh day of Tanabata. Of course, he didn't understand the celebration much since he was American, but the idea of seeing her in the light of the fireworks excited him. "Should be any moment now." He would tell her, flashing her a cheery smile. She and several others had served as his source of happiness since things had gone sour several months ago. 

A burst of light caught his attention, drawing his eyes towards the sky. Jonathan gazed towards the explosions with content. "There they are, told you they'd be here." He nudged her slightly with his elbow, looking down at her. Fireworks were romantic right?

However, as he began to lean in, a different sound caught his ears. A deep rumble shook the earth, a shriek pierced the heavens. The boy pulled away quickly, taking a defensive stance. 'Seriously?' He watched as a beast blocked out the light from the moon, slamming back down in the earth. A tide splashed ashore, washing down several players with it. 

"I never get a break, do I?" he whispered aloud, watching as a chasm formed down below. He flipped open his inventory, equipping his gear. "Alright, you coming too?" He would ask the girl at his side. "If so, let's go!" He raced forward, towards the chasm. He noticed that several players gently fell thanks to a pleasant wind the drafted back up the hole. He leapt, taking the gentle wind to land with the group of players that had come. A smaller group than he had suspected had been washed down. 

"Helloooooo everyone! You all ready for some fighting?" Blueish green eyes surveyed the people before they were cast onto the enemy who awaited the barrier's fall. "Lets get this show on the road then, eh?" He stretched a moment, closing his eyes and taking a breath. Focusing, he entered a battle-state of mind, the same one that Baldur had taught him to use. Channeling the fire within him to his voice, he would make a quick word to the crowd. "Brace yourselves and prepare for battle. We don't know much of the ability the enemy has so prepare for anything. If you come into danger, please use a teleport crystal and get yourself to safety." He didn't need any more deaths on his consciousness, he would protect them all if he had to. 

Stats

Spoiler

Battle Stats: 
1510/1510 HP | 142/142 EN | 22 DMG | 171 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 76 BH  Para. Venom (8-10) | 25% DoT Reduce | Fireproof | Paralytic Immunity | Bloodclot
Level: 71 - 375 SP
1450  HP
142 Energy
+4 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
19 Base Damage
126 Mitigation
76 Battle Healing
Paralytic Venom
Paralytic Immunity
Fireproof
Bloodclot

Equipped Items:
» «Raikiri» DMG III | Paralytic Venom
» «Angel's Pendant» ACC III
» «Orgoth's Defiance» Fireproof | Paralytic Immunity | Bloodclot
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Celestine» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)

Skills
Rank 5 - Katana (+7 DMG)
Rank 5 - Charge (+5 DMG on First Attack)

Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+35 MIT) 
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (5% of Max HP per turn) 
Rank 3 - Search (+3 LD)
Rank 2 - First Aid (8% of Max HP at 5% healing done)
Rank 1 - One-Handed Curved Sword (+1 DMG)
Rank 0 - Howl <<10 EN Cost>> (+3 Hate)
Rank 0 - Fishing

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects, 45 HP recovered Out of Combat)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation (Inactive)
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar (+81 MIT)

Active Mods
Stonewall (+45 HP, +10 MIT, 25% DoT reduced)
Athletics (+45 HP, +1 DMG)
Emergency Recovery (Upon 25% HP, Recover 10%) 
Katana Ferocity (+1 DMG) 

Precision (+1 ACC)
Focused Howl (8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate)) <<Currently Inactive>>

Active Buffs
EVENT BUFFS:

• +3 DMG
  • +45 MIT
  • +2 ACC
  • +2 EVA

Battle-Ready Inventory

1. Teleport Crystal x1