[PP|F15] <<Bane of Blood>> Dangerous Territory

<<Bane of Blood>>

"Alright. I'll use... these.", he announced and took out two quest rewards. One was the Monkey's Agility potion that Sun Wukong had dropped, and the other was from the quest they first did together. A bit of a nostalgic way for it to kick in, but it was good memories that seemed to have paid off nonetheless. He donned the woodland armor that they'd gotten, providing him with extra mitigation before chugging down the evasion potion. He now looked over at NIGHT, doing a few stretches with his neck as he put his blade back in its place and headed straight for the settlement.

Needless to say, he unequipped the cloak halfway through to not be too cluttered and hinder his movement any. "It doesn't sound like it's any easy,  you know that?", he asked with an eyebrow cocked up, letting out a groan. "You say you don't think consumables are necessary, but 'not in full'. Always read the fine print.", he nodded to himself, crossing both of his arms and letting out a sigh before remembering she was still wearing just one of her armor pieces. "... Hey though, don't stay unequipped for that fight too. Okay?"

[Chase consumed Monkey's Agility! +1 EVA]
[Chase consumed a charge of Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect/MIT III)! [1/3 charges]]

Current stats: 
ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 50
HP: 1030/1030
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:30
VAMP DEF:51
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Wind Dweller>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, REC II
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Spyglass (2/3)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (2/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

"Unnecessary on your part," NIGHT rectified, shuffling through her menus as they started to head back to Fortaleza. His advice hadn't been necessary, but the player still appreciated the sentiment -- a small flash underneath the white cloak indicated a couple of equipment swaps, though at best it seemed as though only her boots had been replaced by her trainers. What formed in her hand afterwards was yet another black crystal, phoenix insignia beautifully etched out on its surface. NIGHT held the item out in a presentation, still tapping on her interface to register a couple more consumables. "One of these would be enough to snuff out our quarry. Everything else in the intermission is just a game of waiting for the kill."

"You'd be surprised at how easy things get with just another pair of hands." The woman glanced over his way, now offering the item out for him to examine. "There're more conditions to apply than just this; have a look at the signature. Might come in handy if you remember her in the future."

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1490/1490 | EN: 161/161
  | ACC: 4* | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74
  | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4
  | Stealth Detection: 4 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

* [Filling] used to provide +1 ACC.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Blight II | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 72 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Bleed I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (2) | Instant | TELEPORT
  • [T1E3] [ref] Dance of the Daring (2) | Mass | INCARCERATION
  • [T1E3] [ref] Waltz of the Damned (1) | Instant | INCARCERATION
  • [T1E3] Imugi's Inspiration (3) | Instant | MASS HP RECOVERY [+30*Tier HP]

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Bialas Statue | +TAUNT

• [T3E3] Viperion | TOXIC VENOM | [155264-2]
  • [QR] Lightning Rod | PARALYZE | [THREAD]
  • [T1E1] Super Speed Fancy Asian Cheetos | EVASION I | [ - - - ]

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

A groan only followed from him and he slumped forwards, letting out a deep sigh. Maybe he was being overcautious, but with how many items they were stacking one by one... It was honestly better to be safe than sorry in the end. He quietly accepted the crystal from her and looked at it, just marvelling at the phoenix that had been etched so precisely on it before turning to the side to question. "... So... What is this again?", he tilted his head alongside his question and rubbed the back of his neck. She was right on her little remark about teamwork though.

Any quest he'd taken on was easy, sure, but that was either because he was with Shay or NIGHT. He'd never reached below half health himself, but he knew that it'd be dangerous to attempt anything like the Lich's Calling, the Sea Serpent or hell, whichever of the last few quests all on his own. Maybe too dangerous for his own good. It was always best to stick to parties for the sake of being sure he wouldn't die a painful death. "... You go invisible or something though, don't you? That means they'll see just me. So I have to be ready to dodge if they attack me, or to take more hits on or... something like that. I just... don't want anything to happen to me. For mine, and Shay's sake. Same way I don't want anything to happen to her. She's not here to protect me, otherwise she would probably jump right in front and take the blow even if I punched her out of the way."

NIGHT couldn't help but raise a brow at his concern. It paid to be cautious, sure, but she believed that ChaseR had too much cause for concern on his own part. What, like she wouldn't throw herself into danger to protect another player either? Or use Taunt to make sure her strikes would pull her over into catching most of the aggression? The woman nearly snorted at the idea, but decided against it, feeding her companion the benefit of the doubt.

"I won't stay invisible forever. It's only for a split second at best." Another crystal formed in her hand, the woman offering it off to the man once more. "Being quick on your feet is usually more than enough to survive most of Aincrad's enemies. Now, here's the idea, so listen well."

They strolled back into the settlement's safe zone by then, slowly making their way towards the teleport pad. "There's a small enclave lodged at the side of the crystal, near the top. It's a button. Pop it after I've gone into hiding and when you spot the enemy. There'll be two waves of them, the second has the largest of the pack being guarded by its minions."

"See to it that you keep yourself safe first and foremost against that beast."

Spoiler

Passing to ChaseR:

• [T1E3] [ref] Dance of the Daring (2) | Mass | INCARCERATION

With a slow nod, the boy moved the incarceration crystal right to his battle-ready inventory an let out a deep sigh. He knew that she wouldn't be gone for good, but... No matter. "I'm prepared for the worst case scenario. Don't worry about me.", he told her with a nod, grinning and giving her a thumbs up. When the two stepped onto the teleport pad, he allowed NIGHT to utter the words that led to them arriving to the next floor. He looked to the side before even trying to look around the unknown grounds he'd found himself on, scratching the back of his head awkwardly before he posed her with a question.

"Going invisible is... a skill, right? From Hiding? What does it do? I see you use it often when it's for something hard, like Absolute Zero.", he noted and waited for a response. He hadn't gotten to investigating that skill any, so his database was lackluster when it came to stealth and hiding- same as tracking. He was still working on the Searching tree, truth be told. "... There seem to be many ways of boosting your numbers. That means there must be more skills that let me deal higher damage, even if it's not from hiding. That's interesting..."

[ChaseR moves Spyglass (2/3 charges) to Inventory and places Dance of the Daring (2, Incarceration) in his battle-ready inventory.]

Edited by ChaseR

The tilt of her head was subtle, almost uncertain by his query from connecting the dots. Her feet left the teleporter, taking a step downwards as she scanned their surroundings for the appropriate direction to venture off in. "Anyone can be stealthy enough if they tried to keep their presence checked, but... Yeah. Hiding is a skill. Specialize into it well enough, and it seems to net players some fancy special effects." Showmanship, perhaps; a strange art with regards to the manner of the skill it related to entirely, but it suited her just fine. NIGHT felt more comfortable showing rather than telling, and it already felt like a crime to be explaining every detail of her build.

Nevertheless, she ceded. Couldn't be worse than her hell of a doppelganger.

Her strides were long as she took the party forward, picking up the paces in a brisk walk. They were on forest ground now; dense, dark, packed with vegetation. Long overgrown grass brushed against their trouser as Aincrad raced them by. "There's a mod you can attach to your skill. Rank 5, Surprise Trickster. And you already know what this sword does--" Her arm extended to wield Jack's Executioner once more, forging the blade out of shadowed laces once again. "--The light show's from one of it's variants."

"Set one of the crystals down when you see them," she breathed, starting to enter Cardinal's trance to the alternate reality. The slightest shift of her feet, momentum growing just as her presence began to unfurl away. Up ahead was a dead end-- a forest clearing only the careless or the iron of the trapped players walked. "Remember, I'm only two steps behind you."

With a final inhale, NIGHT dithered away.

Spoiler

ID: 167704 | LD: 26 (19, +7) | Entering Stealth.

With a nod, the blue boy continued onwards. All it took was but a quick peek over his shoulder to see her having vanished. She reassured him though, letting his stride continue confidently. The crystal clutched tightly in his hands, he looked left and right for when the monsters they were after would show up- and then they did. Chase quickly raised his blade with his left hand, alongside the crystal with his right above his head. When he did, it dissipated and a debuff appeared by the monsters' side. That was enough for him to know it had worked.

On the other hand, now came the problems. With four Warg Wolves ahead of them, they'd fully gotten Chase in their sights and were preparing on attacking him- not if he got the first jump instead. Or even better in this case, if they got the first jump. Despite being ready to counterattack at any give moment, he knew that NIGHT was probably already on the move to strike them down with a single hit- maybe they were too strong, but he believed in her for all it was worth. 

Spoiler

ChaseR uses Incarceration Crystal!

[0/0/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0/0/0/0] NIGHT: 

Warg Wolf 1: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED |
Warg Wolf 2: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | INCARCERATED | 
Warg Wolf 3: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED |
Warg Wolf 4: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED |

Edited by ChaseR

Her footsteps were calm with the grace of the wolves. Her blade, however, had not been so quiet. Eager to strike, just like its owner, the swordswoman pelted off the grass with the singing steel in her hand, the weapon frothing with an ink that was ready to char, edge ready to maim.

Two paces behind ChaseR; a few seconds ahead was enough to close the gap. Just when one of the wargs looked like it was about to pounce forward with a skipping, beguiling gait, there came that bolt of dark lightning followed by the crash of thunder, the executioner calling for Thanatos to cull fast and true upon their enemy. It bled of that venom, unleashing the reaper’s drink, the toxin draining the wolf of its measly health pool. As NIGHT recovered from her descent, feet landing upon the darkened grass once again, the impact of her strike was enough to launch a minor shock wave against her unsuspecting opponents. What was once a single blight plagued its surrounding allies, that they too might find succor in death’s oncoming embrace.

Spoiler

ID: 167770 | LD: 12 (5, +7)
Maintaining Stealth. [Surprise Attack: Trickster] activated.
> Auto hit. Applying [DoT: 144 * 2 = 288 DMG] (2) to all struck enemies.

ID: 167774 | BD: 4 (1, +4-1) | MD: 2 (5, +2-5)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #1.
19 * 12 = 228 DMG | 228 - 20 = 208 DMG | 208 * 0.5 = 104 DMG
Warg Wolf #1 missed!

ID: 167773 | BD: 12 (9, +4-1) | MD: -5 (1, +1-5)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #2.
> Blindside proc'd. [-1 ACC for 1 turn.]
Warg Wolf #2 missed!

ID: 167772 | BD: 6 (3, +4-1) | MD: 7 (10, +2-5) | CD: 1
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #3.
Warg Wolf #3 attacks NIGHT!
175 - 79 = 96 DMG

ID: 167771 | BD: 4 (1, +4-1) | MD: 3 (6, +2-5)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #4.
Warg Wolf #4 missed!

[0/0/0/0] ChaseR | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2/2/2/2] NIGHT | HP: 1394/1490 (-96) | EN: 145/161 (-16) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 1: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 2: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 1 | EVA: | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 3: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 4: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

It took a moment or two to sink in, but NIGHT had emerged almost as soon as he'd used his crystal, slashing right at them powerfully and practically cleaving their health bars to drop to almost zero. They had reached the red zone, meaning it wouldn't take much longer before they were gone- a single hit was all he'd need. With that in mind, he began to run towards them as well, seeing one bite at NIGHT. He pulled his blade back and slashed right at the one that hit NIGHT, before moving onwards.

With a spin, he let out a powerful slash at one more and tried to slam another of the Warg Wolves with the flat of his blade, missing. While still holding his blade with a single hand, he kicked towards the other of the two left alive, lifting it into the air and bringing it down as soon as his second hand gripped the hilt once more. Now, a single one was left as crystals littered the field. "Last one's yours."

Spoiler

image.png.c507a8ffcdc68ea896914c50b304909e.png

meant to type Warg Wolf 3 but the 3 didn't press...

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 1! (BD: 3 + 3 -1 = 5)
ChaseR missed!

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 2! (BD: 4 + 3 - 1 = 6)
18 * 12 - 20 = 216 - 20 = 196

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 3! (BD: 8 + 3 - 1 = 10)

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 4! (BD: 4 + 3 - 1 = 6)

[0] ChaseR | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 85/100 (-15) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1394/1490 | EN: 145/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 1: HP: 108/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 2: HP: 0/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 1 | EVA: | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 3: HP: 0/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 4: HP: 0/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

An invitation to strike? NIGHT’s eyes rested on the dancing warg, following its erratic movements with an unflinching posture. When she raised her blade from her side, it was merely to plant it into the ground. A step back as the wolf darted towards their location, seeming as though it was taking a quick swerve towards the woman before it dove towards its true target.

“What do you mean?” Her head tilted toward the side in the interim, a brow raised as she shot a curious look to ChaseR. “It’s already dead.”

A snap of her fingers, the timer running at the back of her head for its eventual demise. Mid-air, their foe’s form stopped to shudder, the red by its side snaking towards the end of the gauge in a heartbeat. It let out a pitiable hint of a growl before Cardinal let loose its corporeal form, scattering its fragments to the wind with a shattering of glass.

Just like that, the first pack was over. NIGHT let her weapon shimmer back into her grasp, too, shrugging over to her companion. “Now you understand why I’m not worried.”

Spoiler

NIGHT takes no action. She is too lazy.

ChaseR | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 85/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
NIGHT | HP: 1468/1490 (+74) | EN: 146/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 1: HP: -180/500 (-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (2/2)

Chase looked at the warg confused, until he heard the snap. And like that, it broke into pieces and disappeared. He furrowed his brows and planted his own blade too, sighing as he leaned against it. "You're an ogre at times, you know that?", he asked her with a small smile. He took the few moments to rest and stretch his body a bit, knowing there was another pack right up ahead. "So... should we get going? I'll use the other crystal on the next ones?", he asked, just to make sure that the two were on the same page.

Seeing how much damage she could dish out within moments was enough for him to tell- the real tutorial were the first two tiers. In the third one, she could do more than he and she was barely twenty or so levels ahead. Granted, they were harder to run through now, but it still amazed him nonetheless. "She can deal more damage without attacking than my strongest attacks can... Damn. That's no good.", he commented in the back of his head and let out a deep sigh, picking his sword back up and looking ahead. "Think we should keep moving, take care of the last pack and then go to another quest?"

"Sounds about right." The woman wasted no time at all blinking out of reality's hold. With hasty, silent steps she'd approach the extremity of their route; though they were up towards a dead end, edge close enough to the path's terminal and the boss was likely to appear sooner. Flaming, ruby orbs greeted the player when NIGHT shifted herself nearby; they raced about the vicinity in frustration, before they settled on ChaseR's visage, stare seeming to deepen as the hulking beast stepped out of the shadows of the forest.

By its side, three more figures slinked out the darkness, pacing quicker and uncoordinated. The Blood Bane's minions, she could tell, the boss' hounds rounding the front lines with the goal of indomitability. A force not to be reckoned with.

Well... Likewise.

In the faintest of air, NIGHT swung her blade in preparation, raising the sword so that its side was in line with the top of her cheek. As her enemies were ready to strike, so was she, eyes narrowed and waiting for the signal to sound her into battle.

Spoiler

ID: 167953 | LD: 11 (4, +7) | Entering Stealth.

ChaseR | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 86/100 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
NIGHT | HP: 1490/1490 (+45) | EN: 147/161 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

When the two moved on further down the forest, it wasn't long before many eyes seemed to look right at him. "... Here they come.", he told his partner and felt rather tense as the boss stepped out of the shadows, and right next to it followed the small Warg Wolves. Taking a deep breath, the boy quickly whipped out the second crystal and raised it into the air, only for it to shatter as the debuff was successfully inflicted onto his enemies. "You're good to go.", he told NIGHT when the wolves stopped, all having surrounded him and trying to look for any open spots to attack.

Any time they tried to take a few steps closer, he slashed at them to ward them off, growling all the same as they were. "The big one... It seems strong. It feels way too strong.", he grunted and closed his eyes for a moment, trying to empty his head before opening them again and glaring at them decisively. He knew that his friend would attack any moment now, she was still there after all. "...". Silence followed, only broken by the growls of both the beasts and Chase. And then, the boss started dashing, lunging to attack at the boy.

Spoiler

ChaseR used an Incarceration Crystal!

ChaseR | HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 87/100 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
NIGHT | HP: 1490/1490 | EN: 147/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 5: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED
Warg Wolf 6: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED 
Warg Wolf 7: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED
Blood Bane: HP: 1250/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 INCARCERATED

* On MD 9-10, Blood Bane attacks the highest hate player for 200 damage and inflicts a 2 turn T3 Bleed.
** On CD 10-12, Blood Bane raises all mobs' damage and mitigation by 25 for 2 turns. [CD 2 turns, can't stack]
*** Blood Bane heals by 25% of the damage it deals (after mitigation). If it attacks an enemy under Bleed, it also heals a bonus 200HP.

! Blood Bane can't be hit or targeted until all Warg Wolves are dead!

She'd moved as they did, sword pounding against the tough mangled hide of the wolves as they tried to grab a bite out of ChaseR. The minions took a moment to recalculate as they whined in recoil, taking the moment to focus on their newfound prey instead. As they dived her way, NIGHT only found solace away from one of her targets; the other two were incredibly lucky, Cardinal having stolen her movements from her, that extra heartbeat she'd needed to be just as safe from the enemy. But as she began to retreat from the hounds' attacks, her gaze shifted over to the big boss himself.

Blood Bane wasn't so kind to the blue bird. Her trainers hit the floor running as she guided the wolves his way, the woman sliding to intercept the attack--

-- Too late. At best she was able to shrug the beast off of her friend. NIGHT bounced back up on her feet and set the flat of her blade ahead of her, the defensive posture she'd relied on coming back from muscle memory.

Her sights settled unkindly on the alpha. She growled through her teeth, bitterness on the tip of her tongue.

"Get the minions. Don't. Miss."

Spoiler

ID: 167954 | LD: 18 (11, +7)
Maintaining Stealth. [Surprise Attack: Trickster] activated.
> Auto hit. Applying [DoT: 144 * 2 = 288 DMG] (2) to all struck enemies.

ID: 167957 | BD: 8 (5, +4 -1) | MD: 6 (9, -5+2) | CD: 6
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #5.
Warg Wolf #5 attacks NIGHT!
175 + 1 = 176 DMG | 176 - 79 = 97 DMG

ID: 167956 | BD: 9 (6, +4 -1) | MD: 5 (8, -5+2)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #6.
Warg Wolf #6 missed!

ID: 167955 | BD: 9 (6, +4 -1) | MD: 7 (10, -5+2) | CD: 2
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Warg Wolf #7.
Warg Wolf #7 attacks NIGHT!
175 + 2 = 177 DMG | 177 - 79 = 98 DMG

ID: 167958 | MD: 8 (9, -4+3) | CD: 3
Blood Bane attacks ChaseR!
200 - 73 = 127 DMG

[0, 0, 0, 0] ChaseR | HP: 903/1030 (-127) | EN: 87/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | [BLEEDING: 36] (1/2)
[2, 2, 2, 0] NIGHT | HP: 1295/1490 (-97-98) | EN: 134/161 (+1, - 14) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 5: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 6: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 7: HP: 108/500 (-104-288) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Blood Bane: HP: 1250/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | INCARCERATED

* On MD 9-10, Blood Bane attacks the highest hate player for 200 damage and inflicts a 2 turn T3 Bleed.
** On CD 10-12, Blood Bane raises all mobs' damage and mitigation by 25 for 2 turns. [CD 2 turns, can't stack]
*** Blood Bane heals by 25% of the damage it deals (after mitigation). If it attacks an enemy under Bleed, it also heals a bonus 200HP.

A quick nod followed her instructions. Sadly, he'd gotten a very good bite on his right arm, managing to even make it... "Blood..? That's not... T-Tch, that's just a damage effect, come on!", he snapped out of it and bolstered himself mentally, glaring at the smaller pups and preparing himself as he ran towards them with more bravado than usual, despite getting back in the range of the Alpha. With a loud heave, he began to dance among them, slashing two of the three into pieces.

As soon as he was about to end the final one's life, he lifted his sword in the air and slashed down, only to falter before the blade connected and step towards the side, grunting. His vision got blurry for a moment, but... the bleed effect had knocked him rather off balance, by the looks of it. "F-Fuck, I missed one... I can take a few more hits, don't worry about me.", he told her and raised his blade, eyes pinned on the boss that hadn't taken its own away from the bluehead. "Just try!", he barked out at it, while the shards of its allies drifted away in the wind.

Spoiler

image.png.e29d7f2f120b78fb842c2030b170c12e.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 5! (BD: 7 +3 - 1 = 9)
18 * 12 - 20 = 196

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 6! (BD: 3 + 3 - 1 = 5)
ChaseR missed!

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Warg Wolf 7! (BD: 5 + 3 - 1 = 7)
18 * 12 - 20 = 196

[0, 0] ChaseR | HP: 913/1030 (+46, -36) | EN: 74/100 (-13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | [BLEEDING: 36] (1/2)
[2, 0] NIGHT | HP: 1295/1490 | EN: 134/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 5: HP: 108/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 6: HP: 108/500 | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 7: HP: 108/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

NIGHT sucked in her breath; she'd noticed when one of his strikes had gone awry, the wolf nearly taking his stagger to launch a counter attack of its own. She launched herself towards it, blade shifting with a trickle of light, just in time for its accurate bite to meet its halt when her sword stabbed into the side of its overgrown pelt. Now a scatter of crystals in the wind, the woman released some of her aggression with an exhale, before turning to Blood Bane himself, somehow still stood in place only eying the duo from afar.

Something dawned on her as she'd searched her mind for words. Was it fixated with trying to sort out her gear? NIGHT had heard of some monsters having to recalculate their strategies mid-combat, but this was the first time she'd actually found the time to notice it in action.

Keen bastard. NIGHT would have none of that, even if it meant keeping herself as unpredictable as possible.

"Save your Tempest," she ordered, her outline fraying away at the seams. "Keep him busy. You ever seen a ferret dance to incapacitate their opponents?"

Her eyes burned a deep indigo into ChaseR's own cobalts.

"Just that."

She took off running towards the boss before her form was rendered away.

Spoiler

ID: 167965 | BD: 12 (8, +5-1)
FREE ACTION: Using [Quick Change] to swap [Jack's Executioner] into [Dragon's Gaze]. Generating new Stat Block:
     [2, 0] NIGHT | HP: 1295/1490 | EN: 134/161 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | TAUNT | ABS ACC | LD: 4
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Warg Wolf #6.
19 * 13 = 247 DMG | 247 - 20 = 227 DMG

ID: 167966 | LD: 21 (14, +7)
FREE ACTION: Entering Stealth via Vanish Proc. (-5 EN)

ID: 167967 | MD: 0 (1, +3-4) | CD: 5
Blood Bane missed!

[0] ChaseR | HP: 913/1030 | EN: 74/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | [BLEEDING: 36] (2/2)
[0] NIGHT | HP: 1369/1490 (+74) | EN: 121/161 (+1, -9-5) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | KEEN: 1 | PRYLZ: 1 | ABS ACC | TAUNT | LD: 4

Warg Wolf 5: HP: 108/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)
Warg Wolf 6: HP: -119/500 (-227) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (2/2)
Warg Wolf 7: HP: 108/500 (-196) | DMG: 175 (CD 10+: 225) | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

As soon as the order fell, he followed. With a green glow, he began to run right towards the Blood Bane, seeing it prepare for a counterattack. Despite his best efforts, he never managed to get a hit in. Every attack of his was parried by the wolf's sharp teeth or claws slashing his way. As a result, they exchanged multiple blows, practically dancing together while he waited for NIGHT to take advantage of the opening she had on it. "Fuck, it's fast!", he gasped with a wide grin, enjoying this much more than he normally should.

Even if he failed, he didn't seem to be feeling any down, trying his hardest to get a single attack in. It was around half a minute after that the two both got blown back, sliding and leaving a small cloud of dust raise in their trails- the boy panting, and the wolf barely seeming to have broken a sweat. "Sorry for underperforming... It's strong. The bleed threw me off balance."

Spoiler

image.png.2feefd547ac5a5d299b7e04d8fcaad08.png

ChaseR uses Tempest on Blood Bane! (BD: 2 + 3 = 5)
ChaseR missed!

[0] ChaseR | HP: 907/1030 (-6) | EN: 73/100 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | [BLEEDING: 36] (2/2)
[0] NIGHT | HP: 1369/1490 (+74) | EN: 121/161 (+1, -9-5) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | KEEN: 1 | PRYLZ: 1 | ABS ACC | TAUNT | LD: 4

Just when NIGHT thought she'd found a solid opening through their waltz, the beast whirled around immediately and snapped the air. In a tumble, the player fell, greebles disorienting reality around her as she skid to a halt against the ground. A true construct crafted by Cardinal alright -- without showing signs of its exhaustion, Blood Bane continued its assault towards its foes by diving towards its newfound target, the woman in black barely capable of keeping up with its fang and claw. Only when she'd whirled around to direct the warg away from her comrade was NIGHT able to get a strike in. Less amicable to their plans without the tricks up her sleeve, but any bit of health chipped off would help.

She rounded the field towards ChaseR's side. "It's lucky," she spat, nose scrunched up with a snarl when she took up position, sword held ahead of her once again. "This dog wouldn't have its day otherwise."

For a moment, her eyes darted to the conditions atop her heads-up display. Would the boss last long enough for Vanish to come back up?

Spoiler

ID: 167982 | LD: 8 (1, +7)
NIGHT fell out of stealth! Vanish starts its cool down.

ID: 167981 | BD: 6 (2, +4)
FREE ACTION: Using [Quick Change] to swap [Dragon's Gaze] to [Jack's Executioner]. Generating new stat block:
     [0] NIGHT | HP: 1369/1490 | EN: 121/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | TAUNT | BRN: 36 | BLGHT: 72 | BLD: 36 | LD: 4
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Blood Bane.
19 * 13 = 247 DMG | 247 - 50 = 197 DMG

ID: 167983 | MD: 4 (6, -5+3) | CD: 11
Blood Bane used [Call to Hunt]!
> Gains +25 DMG, + 25 MIT.

[0] ChaseR | HP: 907/1030 | EN: 73/100 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1443/1490 (+74) | EN: 110/161 (+1, -10) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | TAUNT | BRN: 36 | BLGHT: 72 | BLD: 36 | LD: 4 | VANISH (0/3)

Blood Bane | HP: 1053/1250 (-197) | DMG: 250 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | INCARCERATED | CALL TO HUNT (0/2)

"If it was just lucky, then that's a lot of luck right there... There's no way any monster should withstand my attacks flawlessly, and NIGHT's on top... There's just no way.", he thought in the back of his head as prepped himself for his next attack, inhaling deeply and closing his eyes. With a snarl, he opened them and launched himself right at the monster. The two began to dance once more, parrying one another and throwing themselves back and forth- until he found an opening.

As soon as he could capitalize on it, Chase slashed once, twice, thrice, landing a total of three hits before the monster parried his next attack on its underbelly with a claw and landed backwards after a flip in the air. The bluehead grinned, turning back to NIGHT and smiling confidently as he began to see how the fight was wearing it down, even if it didn't show much. "C'mon, just a few more hits. Let's kick its ass dead and get going!"

Spoiler

image.png.c65b6f3018595d2ab0f70b79ede38971.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Blood Bane!
18 * 13 - 75 = 159

[0] ChaseR | HP: 937/1030 (+30) | EN: 64/100 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1443/1490 | EN: 110/161 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | TAUNT | BRN: 36 | BLGHT: 72 | BLD: 36 | LD: 4 | VANISH (0/3)

Blood Bane | HP: 894/1250 (-159) | DMG: 250 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | INCARCERATED | CALL TO HUNT (0/2)

She'd nodded to ChaseR's words, sights still trained on the skittish warg, leaping and bounding across the field that wild, nigh untamable beast. With a shake of her wrist, NIGHT willed for her secondary blade back to her side, the shift breaking out a shaft of light before forging Dragon's Gaze in its wake. Aggression followed her steps as she chased her target's racing form; it was black bolt tagging after black bolt, one's footwork more violent than the other. Only when it took a sharp turn did NIGHT halt in her wake, letting her blade rip through its majestic, tattered fur, and Blood Bane grunted at the slash from its foe.

Then, a whip of its tail. It was enough to stun the player in place for just a moment as she recovered from the system's lodging of her position. Sharp fangs pierced into her sides before it was followed by a quick withdrawal, the wolf more interested in its game of persistence rather than the quick thrill of the kill.

Spoiler

ID: 168001 | BD: 13 (8, +5)
FREE ACTION: Using [Quick Change] to swap [Jack's Executioner] to [Dragon's Gaze]. Generating new stat block:
     [2] NIGHT | HP: 1443/1490 | EN: 110/161 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | TAUNT | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS ACC. | LD: 4 | VANISH (0/3)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Blood Bane.
19 * 13 = 247 DMG | 247 - 75 = 172 DMG
> [Keen] activates. (+1 ACC) for all subsequent rolls.

ID: 168002 | MD: 7 (9, -5+3)
Blood Bane attacks NIGHT!
200 - 79 = 121 DMG
FEAST OF BLOOD: 121 * 0.25 = 30 HP

[1] ChaseR | HP: 937/1030 | EN: 64/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 73 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[4] NIGHT | HP: 1333/1490 (+47, -121-36) | EN: 101/161 (+1, -10) | ACC: 6 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 5 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | TAUNT | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS ACC. | LD: 4 | VANISH (1/3) | [BLEEDING: 36] (1/2)

Blood Bane | HP: 752/1250 (-172+30) | DMG: 250 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | INCARCERATED | CALL TO HUNT (1/2)