[PP | F2] Tail of Three Heroes <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 2: the Quartz Hatchling>>

Katoka rubbed her stomach in satisfaction, the meal they had just had was just what she needed. "You know, food is a good motivator, at least for me." she said to Freyd and Elora as they stood on the second floor. Not long ago the trio had successfully hunted the first dragon in this quest line, now it was time to get on to the second. According to the guild records this one was a bit of a prankster, which the blonde was looking forward to seeing. She imagined Freyd or Elora slipping on banana peels or hanging upside down from a tree comically.

"So uh, which way to our target?" she asked trying to stifle a giggle as her imagination got the better of her. "I hear this target will a bit more interesting to deal with." The samurai looked out into the mountains that rose up in the distance, curious as to how far they needed to travel.

Katoka | HP:360/360 | EN:36/36 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Spoiler

Name: Katoka
Level: 18
HP: 360/360
EN: 36/36

Stats:
Damage: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
LD:1
BLD:12
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Mumyou Sandanzuki (T1/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Shinsengumi Yukata (T1/Perfect/Light Armor) | REC 2, EVA 1
Misc: Rabbit's Foot (T1/Perfect/Trinket) | ACC 2, LD 1

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions*3
Sand Armor Potion - +27 MIT (no stacking)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

@Elora @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Edited by Katoka

Freyd had just received the requisite details from the information broker network.  His faith in them was a little less solid since one of them tried to lure Oscar and himself into an ambush on floor nine.  He still hadn't determined whether the broker was a plant, or a corrupted player.  He couldn't recall an icon of any colour over the scum's head, which was exactly the type of detail he normally detected.

"Hey, you two.  Are you ready to give this one a shot?  Looks like it nests near a waterfall to the northeast from here."  

Still sipping at his latest cup of coffee, Freyd actually had his cowl down for a change.  It was rare to see him expose his face in such a public area.  His unruly brown hair was matted down, and, as usual defiant of any attempt to comb it.  His eyes finished scanning the various reports in his open UIs.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1110/1110 | EN:108/108 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:22

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 54
HP: 1110/1110
EN: 108/108

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:22
KEEN:1
HLY:6
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grief's Harbinger (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, BLD 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb [T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1]
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 2]
Parry [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion (50 hp)*3
Teleport Crystals*2
Crystal of Support (30*tier) hp to party*1
Missing You*2
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

Elora hadn't really made an effort to read up on the details surrounding the quest or its miniboss, so she would just have to trust in Freyd's and Katoka's judgements. A loud suctiony sound reverberated from her cup as she attempted to drink the remainder of her smoothie through a dainty metal straw. Having utensils like this probably did little to preserve the ambience of the game's otherwise immersive experience.

"Hey, you two.  Are you ready to give this one a shot?"

"Yep!", exclaimed Elora has she slam-dunked the empty container into the ground. The system promptly took care of the rubbish by disintegrating its materials into a fine mist. 

"I hear this target will a bit more interesting to deal with.", mentioned Katoka as she worried about the next leg of the campaign. 

"Don't worry", she reassured, "If we could handle killing all those enemies after the festival, I'm sure we can handling battling a puny little dragon" It comforted her to know that the two of them had previously shared the frightening experience together. She feels less like a stranger because of it. And at least now I know she can handle herself. The three of them had spent lunch reminiscing about Tanabata and its aftermath. It seemed that while Katoka and Elora were handling some soldiers and a trebuchet, Freyd had actually been facing a much more formidable enemy not much farther away. 

Elora | HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:1 | L.M.:2 | KEEN:1

Spoiler

Name: Elora
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 1
L.M.:2
KEEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unnamed Starting Weapon (T1 Rare 2HAS, ACC 1, DMG 1)
Armor: Auspicious Gi (T1 Rare Light Armor, LM 2)
Misc: Justicar's Vambraces (T1 Rare Trinket, ACC 1, KEEN 1

Skills:
2H Assault Spear [Rank 5]

Battle Ready Inventory:
T1 Healing Potion*5
Requires Dimensional Backpack
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3

Guild Hall Buffs:

"Yeah!" Katoka exclaimed getting her self pumped up, "We can roast this lizard with no problem!" she high fived her companions and starting marching out of town to the path leading northeast. After the crazy mess of the Tanabata festival and her realization that they all had in fact taken part in the battle, her worries began to melt away and she was confident they could handle most anything thrown at them.

It was surprising to the blonde how far she had come in such a short amount of time. Just a few weeks ago she was afraid of leaving the Town of Beginnings, now she was on her way to fight another dragon. Hell she even had a house so she wasn't living in an Inn constantly. She had done what she had set out to do, live her life in this game rather than rot away like her real body in a hospital bed. She looked back at her guild mates, her friends, and smiled at them. "This is going to be a lot of fun."

Pleased to be witness to the growing bond between his two companions, Freyd was equally grateful for the confidence that came with it.  It could carry them both far.

"We're going to try the same thing we did with the last dragon.  You're both coming into your own with combat skills and could use some practice refining your moves."  Both his hands went up defensively, as if anticipating a retort or potential projectiles made of rotten foodstuff.  "I only mean that your skills are changing and improving quickly at this stage.  It can throw you off while you get used to it.  You both use different weapons than I do.  Practice and experience are the best tools for you to develop comfort."

He stuffed his hands into a pair of hidden pockets in his dark jacket.

"Besides, I'm pretty sure that you're both just dragging me along to serve as eye candy."

A wry smile curled his lips, barely visible beneath his cowl.

"Besides, I'm pretty sure that you're both just dragging me along to serve as eye candy."

"Try life support", retorted Elora with haste, "We'd probably die if we missed landing only a couple of hits on these things. Besides, you're always too withdrawn to actually admire. I can barely ever make out your expression behind your bangs and your infinity scarf" Yeah, I think that's what that accessory would be called. She said this in a joking manner of course, though the observation was probably serious. "I think I'm finally starting to get a hang of using a spear. I feel like it's a little more natural for me than using a sword. And at least with a spear, the sharp edge is only at the very end of the staff, so I'm a little less likely to slice myself open when I'm spinning it around and trying to hit things", she stated so as to return to the previous topic before things got awkward. The valley they traversed was filled with wildflower fields and the sounds of wildlife reverberating from every rock-face surrounding them.. It honestly felt like the three of them were embarking on some sort of grand, Tolkenesque adventure, what with 'slaying the dragon' and all. 

24cb96c25235a8385f8c969579fe4e53.thumb.jpg.9d0bc771d8089313b100c4937b5e4060.jpg

Edited by Elora

"Try life support"

Katoka snorted so loud she turned red, then proceeded to laugh. Elora was right though, they did need Freyd in case they royally messed up. She was also right about him hiding behind his hood and scarf, "With a bit of a wardrobe change and maybe a haircut I'm sure you would be a heart throb Freyd. Though I don't know about the sneaky sneaky shadow stuff, you might scare the other girls with that." the blonde giggled.

"You've got some sick moves with that spear though Elora. I'm excited to see what you can do with our new scaly friend when we find 'em." she nudged the green haired girl with her elbow playfully. As the trio followed the mountain path Katoka admired the scenery, this area really made you feel like you were out on a quest.

"Infinite scarf?"  Freyd raised his right hand, playfully pinching the fabric of his cowl as if he could actually feel it through the supple leather of his gloves.  "I actually rather like the sound of that.  Food for future thought, I'd say.  Thanks."  The rest of her retort was deflected by his focus on the one part.  It was too true for him to bother responding to it, though if she'd meant to drag a barb into his ego, she would find no purchase.

Katoka's jibe drew a mirthful laugh.  The 'sneaky-sneaky' was a functional and advantageous necessity, from his perspective.  The status of his social and romantic appeal was irrelevant.  Still, it was a nice gesture and clearly intended as a compliment, so he accepted it as such.

"Give yourselves some credit.  The two of you could handle this without me, but I'm grateful for the company.  Besides, I haven't done these quests yet myself, and will be better able to gauge their usefulness for future training if I tag along."  There it was again: everything measured by utility and function.  Role and purpose were his guiding principles, above all other considerations.  He knew full well how alien that was to most people - having been reviled and ridiculed for it so many times during his youth.  The masks were nearly flawless and instinctive by now, reflexively adapting to any circumstance.

"What about up there, by that small copse of trees?  It offers great potential for concealment and mischief, which our prey reportedly adores."

Elora smiled at Katoka's compliment as she let the pride in her abilities go to her head. She'd need to redeem herself for floundering on her first attack against the Emerald Hatchling. On the other hand, she felt that the concept of an infinity scarf probably went over Freyd's head. Maybe he just didn't have the same connotations associated with them as she did. It seemed that the accessory had been prevalent among female teens at her high school until around the 2010s, when the trend finally died. Maybe Freyd would single-handedly be the instigator its revival and would actively attempt to make them have a comeback? God, I hope not.

"Besides, I haven't done these quests yet myself, and will be better able to gauge their usefulness for future training if I tag along."

"I wouldn't be surprised if Katoka and I started training new guild members after very long", she noted as they happened upon a lush grove of trees. "Oh boy, another forest", commented Elora unenthusiastically. Just as she entered it, the toe-box of her boot caught a root that was arching up from the ground. She stumbled a few steps forward before catching herself with her staff. "Sneaky little bastard probably made that so I would trip over it"

"I wouldn't be surprised if Katoka and I started training new guild members after very long"

Katoka's face flushed, we she really that good? Elora she could see no problem training people, but herself? She refocused when the green haired woman tripped over a root causing the blonde to giggle, "This seems like the right place, watch out for more roots I suppose."

Stepping around various sticks and roots the blonde managed to keep from tripping. While traversing the manipulated terrain Katoka stepped over one last root before the ground gave way beneath her, causing her to fall into a pitfall about five feet deep and landing on her behind. As the dirt and debris settled around her she coughed, looking around at her new surroundings with dirt on her face and hair.

"Alright, that's it, I'm officially going to murder this damn dragon." she huffed, crossing her arms at the bottom of her hole.

Freyd laughed out loud, even as he reached to give Katoka a hand out of the hole.  Gripping the smaller woman's hand he hauled her up as gently as he could, unsure of whether she had actually suffered any injury.  It was gratifying to see her ferocious side, and perhaps a little amusing when contrasted with her anxiousness in combat.

"That's the spirit!  Nothing like a little motivation, right?"  He was liking this creature already.  If it was clever enough to do this, it might make a worthy adversary.  If not, then there were others about who might prove considerably more dangerous, especially to his guild mates.  Despite downplaying his presence on these quests, Freyd's real reason for participating was the ever-present and seemingly growing threat from player-killers.  

Some earned their colour as a result of specific incidents or rivalries that spun out of control.  A rarer breed had just snapped and were a considerable danger to lower level players, even on these starting floors.  

Best to keep a watchful eye out.

"How the f*ck did it even dig something like that?", speculated Elora with shock, "It probably just has dinky little dragon arms --" Just as Elora was about to finish speaking, she heard a loud creaking sound, then a SNAP! A hefty branch that had been looming overhead broke from its trunk and came plummeting toward the ground. She quickly lurched out of the way, narrowing avoiding the trap as it clipped the end of her spear. It yanked the weapon from her grasp and splintered it violently, ripping the point out from its connection to the staff. 

"SH*T!", she swore loudly before noticing the damage that the projectile had caused, "Uh...is that...repairable?"

A kaleidoscopic light filtered through the canopy above as Elora caught the glimpse of a serpentine shadow moving toward them. In a moment's notice, the dragon descended upon them, prepared to chase the party out of its forested home. Elora, now at loss of a complete weapon, readied her staff which more closely resembled a baton. "Let's f*ck it up, Katoka!"

@Katoka

Spoiler

Elora Attacks with "Dimensional Stampede"

[x15] Dimension Stampede (17 Energy) - An attack with four fast stabs, only to be concluded by a jumping slam from above. 

ID# 168081 BD2 Miss

Elora | HP:420/420 | EN:40/42 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:1 | L.M.:2 | KEEN:1

Katoka | HP:360/360 | EN:36/36 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1110/1110 | EN:108/108 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:22

Quartz Hatching: HP: 175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

Abilities: <<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

Edited by Elora

The blonde accepted the help from Freyd out of her makeshift prison and dusted the dirt from herself. "Honestly, this thing is annoyingly efficient." she said as she continued the search, albeit with her eyes a bit more focused on where she was stepping. She giggled at the thought of the small dragon digging with two stubby little arms for days to make that hole. With her eyes down she didn't notice until it was too late as a tree branch cracked and knocked Elora's spear from her grasp. Seeing her grab the remains to still fight with only fueled her urge to take this thing out.

"Let's f*ck it up, Katoka!"

Katoka nodded and drew her weapon but kept an iron grip on it just in case something similar happened, "Time to slice and dice!" she yelled and she charged in. The beast turned it's attention from her green haired friend to her, with that the samurai let the system guide her as she used her strongest sword art. However she didn't calculate for the small potholes that just happened to be the exact size of her feet opening up as she stopped a few feet from the dragon. This lurching stop caused her to loose her grip on her weapon, she watched as it launched from her hands and buried itself into a nearby tree.

In complete shock she turned to her two guild mates with tears in her eyes, "M-My sword!"

Haku Senpu >> Quartz Hatchling << MISS

Spoiler

dwagon-attack.png.bc68f1a1ebfad8753639b18998383fa0.png

Katoka | HP:360/360 | EN:34/36 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1110/1110 | EN:108/108 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:22

Quartz Hatching: HP: 175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

Abilities: <<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

Edited by Katoka

Oh.  Wow.  It's actually not just me.

Freyd watched as Katoka's sword went flying by his head, embedding itself a full six inches in the trunk of a nearby deciduous tree, shaking loose a small cloud of leaves as it struck.  The hatchling wheezed threateningly at all three of them, though it sounded suspiciously like a giggle.  Who came up with this thing?  Freyd walked casually across the clearing and right in front of the beast.  

Hissssss-  *BOP*

He literally brained the thing with the one fist still grasping his spooky shadow-sword, the blade flaring angrily with dark wisps that seemed to eat away at the offending mob.  The front portion of the mesh making up the dragon's facial mesh just melted and compressed, making it look like it had failed to brake in time and compressed the front end of its chassis.  Actually, now it looked like someone had tried to cross-breed a dragon with a British bulldog and failed miserably.  The digital mesh continued to bubble and crackled as if it was still dissolving, leaving the creature disoriented and angry.

It snapped its blunted jaws around Freyd's sword hand chewing on it like some sort of prehistoric dinosaur might gnaw on a rock to try and sharpen its teeth.  Freyd just ignores the thing and dragged it along a dozen feet to pull Katoka's sword and throw it back to her.  The dragon brayed in protest, but to no avail.  Cavalier as ever, Freyd tossed the weapon back to Katoka with a bit of encouragement.

"Let's try that again, shall we?"

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1109/1110 | EN:107/108 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:22

Basic attack: 1 EN (hit)

BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy 6, Bleed 36).  Freyd deals (1*27 = 27 - 35 MIT = 1 damage + 36 Bleed) to Quartz Hatchling.

MB: 10 (Crit +2) Quartz Hatchling deals (67 - 79 MIT = 1) damage to Freyd.

[0,0,2] Quartz Hatching: HP: 138/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65 (175-37) (36 Bleed, 1/2)

"That does it, you little brat!", hissed Elora beneath her breath. She was thankful that Freyd had given her the opportunity to take vengeance on the dragon for destroying her spear. Before the monster even had the chance to release its hold on Freyd's hand, Elora whacked it to the ground and began to beat it senseless with her stubby staff. (Phrasing...) It roared and writhed, managing to wiggle away before she had the chance to finish it. "Katoka, can you hit it?", she called over to the blonde, half-asking, half-demanding. Elora had all but forgotten Freyd's role in the fight as her and the other player now seemed invested in defeating their target. 

Maybe there's some other way I can figure out to try and help her, she thought as searched her surroundings for a solution. There likely wasn't anything she could do to hold the dragon in place, or even to injure it any further. There's a chance I can get away with just distracting it! Elora liked that idea, so she didn't hesitate to provoke the dragon further. "Come get some you spineless hooligan!", she shouted in the wake of hurling the remnants of her weapon into its skull. 

@Katoka

Spoiler

Elora Attacks with "Dimensional Stampede"

[x15] Dimension Stampede (17 Energy) - An attack with four fast stabs, only to be concluded by a jumping slam from above. 

ID# 168243 BD7 + 1 = 8 Hit 8*15 = 120 - 35MIT = 85 DMG

Elora | HP:420/420 | EN:23/42 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:1 | L.M.:2 | KEEN:1

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1109/1110 | EN:107/108 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | BLD:36 | BH:22

[0,1,2] Quartz Hatching: HP: 53/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65 (138-85 =53) (36 Bleed, 1/2)

Edited by Elora

Katoka tugged her feet from their miniature prison and caught her sword tossed to her by Freyd. She could laugh at him punching the dragon silly later, now it was time to take care of the prankster. She watched it attempt it chew on the hooded man before turning it's sights on Elora, in reachtion she clubbed it repeatedly with what remained of her weapon.

"Katoka, can you hit it?" she heard the desperation in her tone. Tightening the grip on her weapon she assumed the same stance she had previously, this time however she was much more focused. Dashing to her friend's aid she activated her sword art once again, sending a whirlwind of leaves and debris around her. Her blade connected with the little bastard and tearing into it's flank.

When the dust and leaves settled, Katoka returned to her previous place a few steps away, ready to attack again soon. "We've finally got you where we want you, you little sh*t."

Haku Senpu >> Quartz Hatchling << HIT
8 DMG x 8 = 64 - 35 MIT = 29 DMG

Spoiler

hatchling.png.efd13ad40a01419951bdbaaabd7dcb2e.png

Katoka | HP:360/360 | EN:27/36 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

[1,1,2] Quartz Hatching: HP: 24/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65 (138-85 =53) (36 Bleed, 1/2)

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Edited by Katoka

Freyd chose to take advantage of a highly unusual situation, and to liven it up a bit.  Elora and Katoka were basically hacking and slashing at the thing while it used its wings to foil their attacks.  The former had somehow broken her spear.  The dragon, for its part, still had its jaws and stumpy mouth chomping away furiously on Freyd's hand, even as the bleed effect from his weapon continued to melt and deflate the now cartoonish-looking mob's features into a pile of slimy goop.

Laying himself out on his back, he looked like he was sunning himself while the thing ineffectually tried to devour him.

"Look, I realize that we haven't known each other very long," he began, speaking softly to the still disintegrating dragon.  "And by the looks of things, we also won't for much longer.  I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you helping out the newbies like this.  No, really!  It's very selfless of you and we truly appreciate your sacrifice."  He patted it gently on the head , some of the dissolving mesh sticking like liquefied brain matter to his gloves.  He wiped it off on a nearby rock without breaking eye contact with the beast.

An instant later, the bleed effect kicked in and the dragon practically popped like a burst balloon.

"Well," Freyd began, sitting up from his prone position like some sort of strange automaton.  "That was different."

Picking up his sword he gave both women a half-crazed grin and a big thumbs up.

Katoka | HP:360/360 | EN:27/36 | DMG:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | LD:1 | BLD:12 | REC:2

Freyd takes no action.

[1,1,2] Quartz Hatching: HP: 0/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65 (24 - 36) (36 Bleed, 2/2)

"Did you just...talk it to death?", she said half-joking. Elora wasn't yet familiar with all of the different status effects a player could inflict on an enemy and vice-versa. However, the strange nature of its dissolving into goo was a likely indicator that Freyd had done just that. "Nice hit, by the way", she acknowledged Katoka's contribution with a nod and the hint of a smile. Redirecting her attention back to her spear, she emitted a sigh, "Don't know what I'm gonna do about this" Elora returned the weapon to her inventory, only to notice that its preview image still depicted it as being completely intact. She quickly resummoned the spear into her hand, watching with a stupefied expression as it materialized into its normal state. 

"Oh."

"So all I needed to do was essentially turn it on and off again" For a system as complex as this one, it sure had its fair share of simple solutions. 

@Katoka

Edited by Elora

After watching the creature pop like a balloon Katoka just slumped her shoulders, "That... Was unbelievably annoying. Also yeah, what was with the coo coo baby talk before you burst it's literal bubble?"

The blonde laughed and returned her sword to it's sheath, she watched Elora as she placed and pulled her weapon from her inventory and saw it fix itself. "Wow, that's a really handy trick. Though I feel like it might not work all the time. Seems like something that could backfire at some point." she said holding her chin with her thumb and forefinger, studying the spear. She stood back up to full height and patted the green haired woman on the shoulder smiling, "Good job out there, I think we're slowing beginning to work well together." 

"Well, two down." she said turning to Freyd, "Are we up for the third after a quick break?" she asked as she claimed the loot dropped by the dragon and placed it in her inventory.

Rolling forward and into a standing position with surprising ease and agility, he dusted himself off and looked at his hand.  All signs of injury were already gone.  Flexing the digits, then wiggling them around individually for a moment seemed to satisfy him regarding whatever oddity or curiosity he was pondering.

"Yeah, Katoka's right," he replied to Elora.  "You may have gotten lucky that it was just the haft.  Damage to the blade itself might require the expertise of a craftsman to repair, if it could be at all.  It's remarkable that the mob managed to damage it at all."  He poked the shaft with his index finger, as if it was somehow going to provoke some profound change.

"As to our little chat," he paused pensively, "I've found it best to consider the thoughts and emotions of those we slaughter, trying to ease any lingering post-respawn malice.  The Sundered Spire was born of callous disregard.  It doesn't do us much good to help their cause by acting like the unfeeling killers they think we are."  Dismissing his weapon back into the shadows, he urged both of his fellow players back to town so that they could gather their rewards and prepare for the next leg of the quest chain.

One of the tiresome little voices chattering endlessly in his mind was scolding him for making it seem like his motivations for appeasing the dragon were motivated by sympathy.  Of course they weren't.  It was simply more practical to deny their enemy further strength, even if it meant having to lie.

Thread Summary:

Each participant receives:

3 SP (1 page, +1 event +1 quest bonus)

333 col

<Zylara’s Quartz> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.