[PP-F1] The Hunt is On! <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

Bet let out a chuckle at Shion's change in attitude. Even if she wanted to hide it, she cared about keeping him safe. Seemed like he'd gotten lucky with finding her as a partner in questing. And with her along, they made some very good time in crossing the distance from town and towards the mountainous area they needed to find the dragon in.

He pulled open his menu as the began approaching the caves that the dragon was supposed to be at, looking ahead a bit nervously. "OK, last chance for any pre-battle boosts. I have healing potions at the ready, and a couple of the smaller damage boosters if you want them. But we shouldn't need it I don't think... not for this one anyway." he told them, psyching himself up as the reached the edge of the cave line, the green grasses of the plains giving way to hard, rocky terrain with small burn marks peppered along some of the walls. The dragon's lair was up ahead.

"Just tell me when you're ready and I'll start us out." he said as he readied a spear from his inventory. It wasn't enchanted like his other gear, but it would deal some damage anyways. 

@Azhoda

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shion stood next to Ben, it made her a bit more lose knowing he was prepared. Shion took out her spear and stretched a bit, "All set, I dont really needs buffs for this fight, if I'm right even if I dont kill it right away It cant damage me at all," She said holding her spear in her neck for a bit before looking at Ben. "you better be ready if I do miss this first shot It means we may have to get a round of waiting so it attacks me,"  she said serious-sounding like she knew what she was talking about. 

walking inside her leader spirit showed off quite a bit as she stoot there with confidence and nodded to Ben to follow her. Sure the dragon would be alerted to them as soon as they walked up but At least Shion here had the upper hand and knew how to fast beat this dragon into submission. "Do stay behind me until he is fully focused on me, Unless it seems to attack dont try to stand between me and the dragon, he can't damage me so this will be quick," she said to him before advancing more.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda

Ben pursed his lips and nodded. It was the right call for the battle, and would get them through faster. It still left a bad taste in his mouth to hide behind someone else though. "OK. When it comes into sight, I'll let you get the first attack in then support you." he finally answered, following a step behind Shion as they moved forward, weapons at the ready as they passed by several rocky outcroppings.

He heard a growl off in the distance- playful mostly, but loud and deep enough to let them know it was from something dangerous. The echoes bouncing off the walls made it hard to pinpoint exactly how far away the dragon was, but the volume kept on getting louder and louder, until they found themselves by a curve in the mountain path. "I... I think this is it. It can't be much further once we get around this bend- so we both charge on 3 then?" he asked, ready to move out into battle. He hoped Shion was as good a fighter as she claimed.

@Azhoda

Taking the lead into the cave it seemed to be a bit dry around here, as well that it seemed to be quite cold as Shion sees her own breath as she was breathing. "Guess this is his hiding place, just be careful," She said as she walked in front into the cave. Soon the air became much colder and right in front of them was the dragon, the one they had to take out. It was not big but it was clearly the monster they had to fight. 

Shion took her spear into her hand as the dragon stood up and got ready for combat itself. Before anything, Shion left her spot and was already at the neck of the dragon but it seemed the dragon got up and spread its wings to avoid her spear. Standing next to the creature Shion could see how big it was, really not something she subjected to be so small compared to the stories she knew about dragons. "BEN NOW," She said to him as she held her spear up to the dragon so it could not directly bite her.

Action: Attacking Rhaegal with Dimension Stampede

ID: 172173 | BD 2 | MISS | CD 3

HATE: 1 | Azhoda HP 800/800 | EN 80/79 (-1 rested house buff) | DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 0 | Benjamin

Rhaegal HP: 125/125 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 50

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda

Ben dashed in after Shino, not wasting any time looking for his opening and in one motion pulling his own spear into position and thrusting forward, aiming at the wing to try and keep the beast grounded. The sudden leap of the dragon threw him off course though, and he ended up getting batted aside and tumbling into the wall, barely keeping his feet as he watched the emerald dragon bite down at Azhoda.

The attack looked for a second like it would take her head off, but the spear she readied earlier was in the way of any critical damage and left his partner with a dragon's jaws wrapped around her spear, attempting to bite through and get close enough to tear her to pieces.  Ben felt a surge of panic well up inside of himself, but knew she was an experienced enough tank to handle a few hits. Probably. He still pushed away from the wall and checked that his healing skill was ready just in case- "Sorry Shino! I- I'll try and give you an opening next time!"

-------

Combat Stats:
(Roller ID 172249 BD 4, MOB 9, LD 8)

Rhaegal HITS Azhoda for (50 +1 (crit) - 89 (MIT)) =  1 Damage!

HATE: 1 | Azhoda HP 799/800 | EN 64/80 | DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
  HP 500/500 | EN 48/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2

Rhaegal HP: 125/125 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 50

@Azhoda

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm
adding roller numbers

"No worry, It's just a fast oversized lizard, we can take it down without a problem. Plus this stupid thing can't even damage me," She said sounding proud and more uplifted as she held her spear high against the dragons own skin to make sure it was going to focus on her. Once the Dragon tried to bite down on her, did she see the change to take her spear and go for her own attack right for its neck. But as soon as Shion got close to the dragon he flew up pushing her spear away with the wind a bit before landing again completely wasting her attack on it. "You OVERSIZED LIZARD!!! Stand still for one second!" She said holding her spear so close to the dragon that is had not a chance in attacking her at all. "Ben! if you can attack it from the side, it seemed to lift his head first before trying to dodge our attacks!" She said pointing with one hand to the back legs go the dragon.

ACTION: Attacking Rhaegal with Dimension Stampede

ID: 172345 | BD 4 | MISS | CD 2

HATE: 2 | Azhoda HP 799/800 | EN 79/80 (-1 rested house buff +1| DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
  HP 500/500 | EN 48/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2

Rhaegal HP: 125/125 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 50

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda
Math Fuck up
  • 2 weeks later...

Ben took the advice without hesitation, charging in once more and swinging at the side of the dragon's flank, looking to land a distracting blow and give Shion an opening. Unfortunately, while Rhaegal didn't dodge this time, he did swing his wing upward and send out a gust of air that sent Ben stumbling forward with his own spear going wide. "Dang it- I don't think it's even paying attention to me at all!" he cried out in frustration, not even able to get close enough to reach the monster once again, and wondering if he should switch to throwing out some healing abilities instead at this point.

The battle wasn't over yet though, and Rhaegal leapt forward to land another blow against Azhoda, locking itself with her spear once more as Ben tried to find an opening, charging for the dragon's tail and swinging wildly as he hoped his partner was still going to hold on. This dragon as ridiculously hard to hit, it seemed. 

-----

Combat Stats:
(Roller ID 174702 BD 5, MOB 10, LD 13) 

Ben MISSES with a basic attack! (-2 EN)
Rhaegal HITS Azhoda for (50 +2 (crit) - 89 (MIT)) =  1 Damage!

HATE: 2 | Azhoda HP 798/800 | EN 48/80 (-16 rested house buff| DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
  HP 500/500 | EN 47/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Azhoda

adding roller numbers

The Dragon seemed to really try to avoid any of our attack Like it knew the moment my spear would touch it, it would explode... But I looked at my armour and smiled a bit. "Avoiding my attack only gonna make this more painful," Shion said as she saw her moment to strike and as soon as the dragon landed again Shion saw her change. As she took her feet off the ground she took of and with a lot of speed just disappeared to the dragon only to miss YET again. But you could see her momentum build up more and more. to the point where her spear seemed to give off a small red glow. She looked at Ben giving him a sign to follow in with an attack and see if maybe one of them can hit this dragon as Shion was keeping her spear up high.

ACTION: Attacking Rhaegal with Dimension Stampede

ID | 175229 | BD 1 | MISS | Next Attack (STILL) +4 DMG (Total +12 DMG)

HATE: 3 | Azhoda HP 798/800 | EN 78/80 (-2 , +1| DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
  HP 500/500 | EN 47/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda
Math and text

Ben swept in after Shion as the dragon dodged away again, staying low while she leapt high and missed with her spear attack, and darted in with his own spear held level, throwing his weight into the attack and striking the enemy right in the wing.

Unfortunately, even with his weight in the blow, his level was too low compared to the monster's to do any real damage. His blow skipped off the dragon's scales, sending him stumbling to the side as it glanced his way for barely a second before leaping forward again, slamming it's jaws into Shion's spear, the power from each of them thrumming as they clashed.

"OK, I think I got it's attention... for like a second." he called out, hoping that he gave her enough of an opportunity to strike a blow herself. Running around this fast and trying to keep up with an evasive opponent like this was starting to get really old- and really tiring. 

-----

Combat Stats:
(Roller ID 175420  BD 7, MOB 9, LD 8) 

Ben HITS with a basic attack! (-1 EN) for (1 - 25 (MIT)) = 1 Damage! (Minimum)
Rhaegal HITS Azhoda for (50 +1 (crit) - 89 (MIT)) =  1 Damage!

HATE: 3 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 78/80 (-2 , +1| DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 47/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

Rhaegal HP: 124/125 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 50 

It seems no matter what happened it was basically a standoff, with only one outcome. The moment Shion would hit the dragon would explode. Like No joke, Shion was building up Speed ever miss she got. Her Spearhead seemed to glow a bit red as well as her armour itself having a small sigh of heating up. As Ben took his attack it seemed to look at him for a second but soon was back onto Shion's spear. "No worry, I got him, just keep biting at your death," She said looking at the Dragon for a bit.

She looks her spear behind her head as soon as the dragon stopped attacking and jumped into the air for only to slam her spear right in the ground as the dragon avoided her attack once more. "Heck!" She said as a small impact on the ground was created only to be stopped by a purple text saying the normal line, Invunarable object. However, Shion's spear was kind of smoking now as well as her armour as her heat seemed to go up ever so slightly as well gaining more damage.

ID: 175523 | BD 2 | MISS | +4 DMG Next attack (total 16 DMG ) | CD 8 + 4 ENERGY

HATE: 4 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 80/80 (-2 , +5| DMG 16 (+16) | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 47/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda
MATH

They were having a lot of trouble hitting this stupid monster- even the one glancing blow that he landed had barely taken a tick off it's health. They needed to get a plan to attack at once. Ben moved forward to where Azhoda was, getting ready for another attack run. "OK, that thing can't keep on dodging forever. Maybe if we..." he started before being suddenly assaulted by a large screech, rooting both of them in place as Rhaegal swept in over their heads, narrowly missing them with another attack. While he made an attempt to thrust his spear upward, but the screech had stunned him too much to get a good attack in.

"OK... so it can do that too. Good to know. Any Ideas on pinning it down?" he asked, watching as the dragon circled back around the rocky slopes they were fighting on, landing with it's wings spread out in a fighting stance again and ready for them. He was really glad Azhoda was as durable as she was now. 

-----

Combat Stats:
(Roller ID 175610  BD 2, MOB 5, LD 19, CD 5) 

Ben MISSES with a basic attack! (-2 EN)
Rhaegal MISSES Azhoda!

HATE: 4 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 80/80 | DMG 16 (+16) | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 45/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Azhoda

adding roller numbers

It was really getting annoying now, attack after attack missed, and Shion was getting a bit tilted. How was this bugger of an oversized lizard so fast and also so bloody big? Ben spoke of a plan, well THIS was the plan to Hit it just once and be done with it. Shion looked at Ben with her eyes saying REALLY A PLAN! as if she could come up with something she didn't even have in hand. "My plan already has gone to waste Ben! It should have been defeated about 4 attacks ago!" she said sounding dead-on serious keeping her eyes on the dragon.

Before she did anything else she took a small leap to only move in the air with a lot of speed only to miss her attack again, landing her spear in the wall behind the dragon breaking the wall a bit showing off how much damage she had behind just a small trust. Pulling free her spear from the wall she turned her eyes to the dragon again and hissed a bit.

ID: 175629 || BD 3 || MISS || +4 DMG (total 20 DMG) || CD 3

HATE: 5 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 79/80 (-2 +1)| DMG 16 (+20) | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 45/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda
math miss

Ben charged in with his spear from behind, determined to end this fight for once, and take this annoying foe out. He ran forward, sights set on the enemy's back.... and suddenly stopped in his tracks when it let out another loud screech, causing him to stop in his tracks as Rhaegal snapped forward, his jaws just short of Azhoda's spear before it leapt back again, using it's wings to put distance between them.

"Oh come ON! What does it take to hit this thing!" he vented in frustration, angry that the fight was still going on with no real damage done to either side. "I can't even get this thing to stay still for a second..." He chased after where the monster landed, circling around the side to try and get in a flanking position and keep it from flying off again. Or at least corralling it into a position that it would be easier to hit from- he didn't want to think of what damage it could do if it targeted him.

-----

Combat Stats:
(Roller ID 175846  BD 5, MOB 3, LD 18, CD 2) 

Ben MISSES with a basic attack! (-2 EN, +1 EN)
Rhaegal MISSES Azhoda!

HATE: 5 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 79/80 | DMG 16 (+16) | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 44/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Azhoda

The dragon was really avoiding all her attacks and Shion looked at Ben for a second seeing if he was doing alright as it was really taking so long now. "no worry, it doesn't have to be standing still" Shion said sounding calm and collected is focused on the mouth of this dragon making sure it didn't bite down on her. "I know it can be frustrated Ben, But nothing comes good from acting on emotions," she said still being completely focused on the dragon. Shion took a few steps to the left only to see that the dragon did the same as her, then she walked back and the dragon stayed close on her keeping about 8 feet between them. It was clearly focused on her no matter what happened. Then Shion Smiled and took a step left before side-stepping right at the dragon.

"Ah! Gotcha!" she said as she took her spear into a swing hitting it with the pool slamming the dragon with it, then two jabs right into its skin before leaping up and slamming down right on the dragon. It went all so fast and Shion, as it almost happened in one movement. Then as she connected with the dragon with her spear coming down on him, a cloud of dust came up in covering her and the dragon only to see a burst of blue pixels explode from the dust. As the dust disappeared Shion was there standing in a hole made by her impact. The sheer power of her attack was very clear to see and as its normally very hard to damage the area at all.

ID: 175888 | 10 | Major Crit | 16+20+2= 38 Base DMG | 38*15=570-25= 545 DMG  (It died 4 times at least)

HATE: 8 | Azhoda HP 797/800 | EN 62/80 (-17 +1)| DMG 16 | MIT 89 | REC 2 | HM 2
HATE: 1 | Benjamin  HP 500/500 | EN 44/50 | DMG 1 | MIT 18 | EVA 3 | REC 2 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda

Ben caught his breath, just looking at Shion and the hole that she had made. It was... something else. "Well, that's one way of making sure that it doesn't get up again. And making sure that we don't have to chase it down again." he said with awe in his voice from that kind of hit. It was good to know he teamed up with someone so strong at defeating foes- even if it did scare him a little. The dragon that had been causing them so much trouble was nothing more than a few pixels scattered over a crater in the ground by now.

"I think that should be all for this quest... wait, no. We have to go find the emerald it was guarding afterwards, right?" he asked as he checked his quest log for the information, and finding the quest was indeed not finished. After a fast and intense battle like that, just finding the emerald at the end should be a snap. "Um, you good, or do you need to take a breather? After going that fast with your attacks... I haven't seen something that powerful before."

@Azhoda

Shion let out a clear sigh and stoot up only to stretch herself out for a bit. It was a good battle, even if Shion missed all of her attacks apart from the killing blow. Placing her spear on her back she looked at Ben who asked her is she needed to rest, "I'm fine, compared to other fights this was one of the easiest. With the Damage taken vs the damage done, I would say the scales are all on my side." she said seriously before looking around a bit before sitting down for a moment on a rock. Even if her energy was not depleted, her own body quite tired itself and she let out a deep sigh as she sat down.

"I forgot how much momentum I can build-up with this armour, but I'm fine, really I am." She said giving a weak smile trying to hide that she was taken back by the power she just did. This was the first time she ever did this and her armour was quite new to her as well. She knew how it felt and her stomach rebelled a bit before she stared in front of her a bit, "yeez... that, new." She said before standing up gaining her energy back and helped to look for this item.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Seeing his partner's unease, Ben gave her a warm smile before he went ahead, making sure the emerald was where it should have been. Luckily their fight hadn't gotten so out of hand that they couldn't find their way back- and that the dragon's nest was easy to spot among the cliffs and rocky outcroppings it had been using to ward off intruders or would be thieves.

"Looks like this is it!" he cried out when he got there, smiling as he dug his way through the dirty nesting material to pry the item free. But, before he could finish up that job, his gaze glanced over to the back of the nest and brightened his mood even more. "And it looks like we got a bonus too- there's a chest hidden in the back for us to claim. Heh... how about I get the dirty work done here, and you see what bonus loot we're waling home with tonight? Hopefully enough to get some drinks after a quest well done!" he asked with a chuckle. While he had gotten good at spotting items and chest, actually picking the locks were not a skill he'd purchased yet. That was one point he didn't have the advantage on.

@Azhoda

Spoiler

Roll ID 176807
LD - 16 + 3 = 19

Treasure Chest Found!

adding roller numbers

Shion walked over to Ben who was already at the nest of the dragon, it was quite a battle compared to most fight she has had this was used to. But at least Ben didn't get any damage done to him and Shion made sure of that didn't happen. Looking as he took the crystal she saw that he also seemed to get a chest. It was not her best luck to get something she wanted but she opened the chest as he was for it that she opened it.

Opening the chest she looked at the items and smiled softly, "Small amount, but I have no use for this. you can have them, I  have no use for this." she said handing over the items to him as she looked a bit coldly and stared in front of her going back to her calm and emotionless expression from when they fist met.

Action, Opening Chest

LD 8 | 75 Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) T1 rare consumables

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Azhoda

Ben took a look at the disappointing haul from the chest, but wasn't too bothered by it. They had finished up the quest already and were looking at the quest rewards- an extra chest was just the icing on the cake. "Thanks, I'll make sure to whip up some good healing potions with these." he answered, pocketing the materials for later crafting, and checking to make sure they cleaned everything out of the nest.

"It was really nice to have someone to partner up with for this quest. I know healing is welcome in the frontline groups... but on these lower floors it's tough to find a partner." he said while giving Shion a smile. "I'm glad to have someone here as a partner- even if it's pretty obvious you didn't need my help for this small a quest. But if you want to keep going with this quest line I'd love to be there to back you up. Maybe if we finish up the whole quest line, I might level up enough to be part of the front lines... even a boss battle someday."

He saw how Shion had gone back to her usual emotionless state, but didn't mind. Everyone had their own way of dealing with the death game, and as long as he could be there and as long as he could help out he'd go along with it. "Whatever you choose though, you're welcome to stop by my shop to grab some drinks any time."

@Azhoda

Hearing Ben out on his request Shion held her hand close to her chin thinking about it for a second. it as clear that Ben was one of the few weaker people even so Shion made sure he never got damaged and that would be fine. But it was risky and really in her views, something against her own idea of taking lower level players into battle. A sigh came out and she held both her hands on her hip showing off the woman she really was with her small amount of muscles and stared him up and down. "How much are you willing to risk Benjamin? because I don't want you to go with me on a more dangerous quest where even I have some trouble with. The Emerald dragon was easy but I really dont know about the rest at all," she said staring at him coldly like her first meeting with him.

Shion didn't want to do anything that involved dragging lower level players into battle but he was right front-liners need more healing and she, for what is worth it, couldn't do all the healing. And knowing that he wanted to level up with one of the most beneficial questline ever, it would be worth it. She lets out a sigh and stares at him once again, "Okay Benjamin, listen carefully, Ignore my statement from before. I have a willing plan and I'll explain it to you, for things to go well for you I'll only explain it once. I'll take you on with the quest, and only IF I start having trouble and actually get damaged by a lot, then I'll kick you out and leave you at the settlement for the next quest in this line. So you are being warned," She said cold and harsh sounding but very direct as ever.

@Benjamin Bookworm