[PP-F1] The Hunt is On! <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

Ben gave a bit of a huff at the treatment, somewhat put off at being treated like a helpless kid like this... but still she had a point. He wasn't a very high level compared to her, and on top of that he wasn't specced out for combat either.  Without leveling up his healing and defense skills more it would be harder to keep up in the tougher fights.

"That... ugh. Not what I wanted to hear, but it sounds fair. I can't ask you to do anything more than you're comfortable with." he said, though his face was still conflicted. "At any rate I can make sure to add a few extra mitigation potions to my work queue for the later quests. I'm not taking any chances with the tougher dragons on the quest either, don't worry about that. I'll make sure we both make it through in one piece." he stood relaxed as he talked, not quite measuring up to Shion's muscular frame. Even at his smaller size though, he wasn't one to back down from a challenge. Especially a quest line like this.

@Azhoda

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to her Benjamin was still a child, she already has experience in life quite a bit and how things work around there. As well that he also was a much lower level than her, didn't help him with wanting to come with her. She sighed a bit and nodded, "Well at least some lower level players aren't completely useless around here," she said low before looking at him again, "Alright so the next dragon I know of it at the next floor, it will be easy as well, meaning you are in no danger at all. Don't get me wrong or anything but I just make sure you dont die to the actions I take in combat. Especially not someone from your is group assuming you are around 17 to 20 years old," she said to him coldly staring him down a bit.

She looked at the exit where the light was still coming from and she then looked back at him, "Assuming it's still light we can make it to the next floor and get the next dragon in today before nightfall. So you up to following me again and wait till I am done killing the dragon?" she said to him finally placing her spear on her back and slowly walking to the exit.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Letting out a chuckle, Ben nodded knowing that he wasn't going to win this argument. Getting through to her would be like like talking to his parents- a line of thought he quickly squashed- but at least Shion listened to him. "About that age, yea. So I'll follow your lead OK? No big risks or anything fancy." he agreed, shaking off the comment about his level. It wasn't his fault crafting didn't give the same experience points as fighting.

"And, um, thanks for bringing me. When we get to a point where you aren't comfortable with me tagging along any more I'll leave, no argument. Dying's not something I want to risk. Or think about..." he shuddered, remembering the first few weeks after the death game started, curled up in an inn too afraid to step foot outside. He would have been glad to have someone like Shion watching over him back then- and now, even while he had been through so many battles, it was nice to have someone to rely on. He wasn't sure what he thought about her yet, but was glad she brought him along.

Then he jogged over to catch up to his new companion, ready to take on the next dragon. Hopefully one not quite as evasive as this one was!

--------------------------------------

[Thread Summary in Spoiler]

Spoiler

2 pages of RP - +2 SP
Emerald Hatchling Quest - +1 SP, +500 col, +<Rhaegal’s Emerald>
Treasure Chest - + 75 Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) T1 rare consumables (Roll ID 176807)

Ben - +3 SP, +325 col, +(3) T1 materials, (2) T1 rare consumables

Azhoda - +3 SP, +250 col

Gained <Rhaegal’s Emerald>