[SP|F24] <<Incognito Assassination>> Thwarting the Plans

Another slash and just as the ice shattered under Purotekuta, new ice appeared, this time encasing more of his body. Another gash opened where the old one was just starting to close, refreshing the bleed effect through the sword's jagged edges. "I gave you the chance to flee, but you didn't want to. I hope you have no regrets for what's about to happen, Purotekuta.", Chase finally called him by his name, watching his health get lower and lower.

It was just another sliver before he was wiped out all the same as Difenda, and then the quest would be completely over with- after he rested and finished off Uso-Tsuki too, that is. He was curious though, if these enemies were that much of a bother, then how annoying would it be to Uso-Tsuki? He couldn't even begin to imagine, but oh boy would he be unhappy to find out.

Spoiler

image.png.dd8d0f28070e6ac131ba5c09d3a139ba.png

ChaseR uses Back Rush on Purotekuta! (BD: 10)
22 * 5 - 25 = 85 + T2 BLEED

Purotekuta is frozen! (MD: -)
N/A

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 2/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Purotekuta: HP: 33/1000 (-85 - 24) | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | [Well-Trained 5/5] | FROZEN | BLEED [24] (1/2)

Edited by ChaseR

Despite Purotekuta getting frozen repeatedly, time and time again, Chase knew that he would start to prepare another parry. The moment the ice broke, the bleeding continued but Chase stood still and didn't do anything. The bodyguard was trying to fight as best as he could, essentially for his life, but Chase didn't pay him any mind. If he had more time to waste, he could stand there all day and his health wouldn't even ever near close to zero.

With his battle healing, holy blessing and vampiric defense, it would go up almost double the amount it went down every attack the next turn. There was nothing for the bodyguard to parry however, and just like that, he was left in a daze almost with a missed attack and a weak growl coming for him. The bleeding wound disappeared, and so, he was left with quite literally barely a few pixels worth of his health bars.

Spoiler

image.png.67aaf8a8691efb07a43dc5adfb6f4325.png

ChaseR does nothing. (BD: -)

Purotekuta attacks ChaseR! (MD: 4)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 3/106 (+1) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Purotekuta: HP: 9/1000 (-24) | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | [Well-Trained 1/5] | BLEED [24] (2/2)

Edited by ChaseR

Just enough for Chase to finish him off and put an end to this farce for once. That meant he could rush over to the Chief's help and stop their leader. At first, he wasn't quite certain whether Uso-Tsuki would go for the Chief right away or if he was going to flee. But by now, it had been so long he might as well have started trying to carry out the assassination and then flee the scene. Seeing as the quest hadn't failed and Purotekuta hadn't withdrawn yet, he knew that the chief must have still been alive. If he failed to stop the plan, then he would have failed the conditions for the mission and been stripped of his reward, and possibly another chance at getting it.

However, nothing such for now. He was safe, even if this encounter had taken as long as it had. It was about time that the show ended and Chase pulled the curtains on whatever this was supposed to be.

Spoiler

image.png.4d6b5e34c6ba0d74bece056c95536087.png

ChaseR uses Back Rush on Purotekuta! (BD: 3)
ATTACK MISSED

Purotekuta attacks ChaseR! (MD: 4)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 2/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Purotekuta: HP: 9/1000 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | [Well-Trained 2/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Just when he thought this next attack would connect, he tried to strike the bodyguard down once more, infuriated to find out that somehow, his own eyes had deceived him and he'd missed his attack. It was bothersome, even more bothersome than he initially expected. "Damn it, is this the result of running out of energy..? I've never literally emptied out this way, how can monsters just go on endlessly?", he grunted, starting to get miffed by how invincible monsters appeared to be in that way, NPCs or not.

Of course, Purotekuta tried to attack him once more, failing horribly despite his best attempts. A sigh was all that he got, as Chase tried to relax his body. Because his energy gauge was empty, he felt his body strained and every attack was taking just that much more out of him to perform. Still, he had to finish this all the same.

Spoiler

image.png.7ff7f0c50ccf6de7a35672c115cb7095.png

ChaseR uses Back Rush on Purotekuta! (BD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

Purotekuta attacks ChaseR! (MD: 3)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 1/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Purotekuta: HP: 9/1000 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | [Well-Trained 3/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Now, it was the end. He slashed sideways, letting himself spin a few times on the back of his heel and damaging Purotekuta just enough that his body shattered into the beautiful, blue crystals, planting his sword into the ground right after, Finally, it took a fair while but the two bodyguards had been taken care of at long last. Now he could rest, recover his energy and move on with the traitor. 

It had been such a tedious and long fight, he had gone mad at the fact he managed to somehow, even at this level against that weak and pathetic enemies, almost get into a stalemate. Thankfully, he somehow avoided that and was able to move right on. He leaned his weight onto the guard of his blade and took deep breaths, feeling his energy bar beginning to regenerate. The best reward after how bothersome this quest had been thus far, would be a relaxing trip back to his home and rest over in his bedroom.

Spoiler

image.png.cabfc4a7ac670f8b5adf5c043d7b9001.png

ChaseR uses Cyclone on Purotekuta! (BD: 9)
21 * 4 - 25 = 59

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 1/106 (+1, -1) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Purotekuta: HP: 0/1000 (-59) | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | [Well-Trained 3/5]

Edited by ChaseR
AT LONG FUCKING LAST

Maybe keeping Blizz right next to him too, petting him while trying to fall asleep... He had one final duty before he got to that part, of course, but now he was resting. Without rest, he couldn't get on with the end of it all, even if he tried his hardest. Now that his energy was almost half replenished, he began to slowly walk up the bridge. He held his sword by his side, not sheathing it and keeping his guard up just in case Uso-Tsuki somehow got the jump on him instead.

He didn't appear to be around any though. Sure, Chase wasn't the best at detecting stealth granted he'd barely noticed NIGHT when they were in the same party and she was ambushing their opponents, but he could tell nobody was trying to sneak past him as of right now. Regardless, with the infuriating fight now over, he was starting to calm down and get in the right mindset.

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 2/106 (+1) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Edited by ChaseR

And that he did. He was ready to give chase to the grandmaster, and just like that he'd thwart their plan completely. By now, he knew that he was repeating himself inside of his head. However, he still had to do something about it, the quest was just that straightforward. The biggest problem was that the enemies, unlike the quest's objective, were not quite as simple. If anything, they were what gave him the most trouble. What two bosses would have been an easy deal ended up taking him more than the bane of blood fiasco did with NIGHT.

He was either much too weak, or Kaiba was obviously partying and having a hell of a time creating this quest for the players to take on. And what was to come would only show, Kaiba had no mercy for the lot whatsoever. He reached the top of the bridge, finding Uso-Tsuki with a sharp glare right his way. "... He was waiting for me?"

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 106/106 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Edited by ChaseR

"I see you skillfully dealt with both of my strongest bodyguards. Tell me, what is your name?", Uso-Tsuki called out to the bluehead, to his surprise. As soon as the boy opened his mouth, Uso-Tsuki seemed prepared to start the fight. "Chase. Yours is Uso-Tsuki, isn't it?". Surprisingly enough, his pronounciation was spot-on this time around. With a quick nod, Uso-Tsuki slowly drew out his katana and took a battle-ready stance similar to Shay's.

That was probably the best, if not only way that one could wield a katana effectively. "Very well then. I assume your persistence would get me too, so then. Shall we get started?". Surprisingly more respectful than before, but then again, fighting through two bodyguards on his own and breaking through all the same was something to be fairly proud of. Chase could do with that. He nodded in return and with that, the two dashed at one another.

Spoiler

image.png.eb4c327b1443a87eb789e99378d581b5.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 6)
20 * 13 - 25 = 235

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 2)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 96/106 (-10) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 965/1200 (-235) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

* Uso-Tsuki negates accuracy.
** If Uso-Tsuki misses his first attack (with a natural 1), he can make a second attack without accuracy bonuses.
*** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus.

Edited by ChaseR

The first strike of each landed- or so it seemed, until Chase realised he was unhurt. Uso-Tsuki however had gotten a clean strike right to the side. "I watched your battle with the bodyguards. As much as I may hate the Chief, I admire your tenacity. That's why I stayed behind and allowed you to face me clean. If I win, I'll allow myself to carry this job out to the end. If not, then I'll have failed and died to the blade of a strong warrior.". It was quite an offputting way of thinking that Chase would never get behind, but he nodded.

"Even criminals, assassins in this case, seem to have a code of honor... For what they stand for, that's admirable if anything. Hmph.". The two quickly dashed at one another again, but with however much grace they both wielded each of their blades, the both of them missed.

Spoiler

image.png.7c97476bc3df24eda4ed0e753a08ec56.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 95/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 965/1200 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [1/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Their attacks were quite close to hitting one another, but they were too agile. Or rather, that was for Chase. Uso seemed to already know what movements Chase would make in advance, making it hard to call it a 'sophisticated' guess and more so calculated dodges. Another dash at one another and the two of them slashed, missing their strikes once more. It was bothersome, just how easily Uso-Tsuki could dodge Chase's normally accurate attacks one after the other as if they were nothing.

"I expected much less of a coward who ran, but... You never ran. You tried to count on your party. Call me naive or whatever, but I admire that. I would never do the same, but you put that much trust in them. I'm sorry things are the way they are.", Chase quietly shared his thoughts with the man who simply smiled in return before wiping his face clean of emotion once more.

Spoiler

image.png.a069db4c206034eb1d745eb11480e740.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 3)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 94/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [2/5]

Edited by ChaseR

"... I see. You also understand what companions are about. I've had enough of chasing others from the shadows. Since you seem to understand what bonds are about, I've decided. Beating you or losing by your hand is what will determine whether I'm allowed to carry this out or not. That's final. So give me a fight to remember.", he replied shortly before the two dashed at one another, missing another two attacks. Both failed to hit their target, but that was no surprise yet.

One was much too agile, the other was already certain of how he'd attack in the first place. "... I don't know whether you did this because of your own free will or because you were forced to by Cardinal, but I see how it is. I'll fight you as best as I can, Uso-Tsuki. So give it your all too.". Just when the fight was going to get dull, the NPC made an interesting proposition. A good one, too. Now it was getting truly immersive.

Spoiler

image.png.8bfe9d1e63bf54994cad26558ec2b2d4.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 2)
ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 2)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 93/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [3/5]

Edited by ChaseR

The way that Uso-Tsuki had his own code of honor. He dodged every attack that Chase threw at him, be it a barrage or a simple strike, all the same. He was too agile on his feet and whatever skill had him prepared for every attack Chase launched kept him one step ahead the entire time. "He's good, much better than he lets on. No wonder he picked to be an assassin and carried everything out just fine on his own. I've barely gotten a hit in and his health is very high, too."

It was easy to tell that the bodyguards even he had hired were no match for Uso-Tsuki himself. He was leagues above, and his evasive properties allowed him to maneuver even around a skillful player's attacks and best strikes like Chase. "You're just as agile as I, except... you don't have my skill, do you Chase?"

Spoiler

image.png.156300f03c37d33768e2dbd08ebfb82a.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 3)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 92/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [4/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Just as he was complimented for his agility, the next strike the two exchanged managed to land just fine, damaging him. Even so though, that was probably just two triggers of his battle healing and it was roughly fully healed up. The vampiric defense buff on its own would be able to take care of it alone. For as evasive as the boss ultimately was, he didn't deal enough damage to offset it. He was about as strong as Chase was back in the second tier.

Now he could easily play with him and feel at ease. With all his misses, he'd never run out of energy even if he kept connecting every strike- if anything, Uso would probably be dead by the time that Chase's energy began to get low. He was still no less scary. All Chase had to do was focus and start getting his hits in on the boss, otherwise he'd find himself in trouble soon.

Spoiler

image.png.9ca5a95126ce1d4cd0bcdc9468850907.png

ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6)
100 + 25 - 43 = 82

ChaseR: HP: 1008/1090 (-82) | EN: 91/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [1/5]

Edited by ChaseR

And so, the next strike of both missed yet again. His health was halfway regenerated again after the little deficit it took from the strike, and Chase decided it was time enough to answer his question again. "No, I don't. This evasion all stems from my armor and skills. Is there anything else you have, that makes you stronger? Another skill to help you win the battle?", he questioned with a small smile. Despite the stake of the battle, with both potentially risking their lives, they were comfortable talking amongst one another.

For Chase, it was because he didn't expect himself to fall by an NPC's hand. Uso-Tsuki on the other hand was fine with whatever outcome. Whether he managed to assassinate the Chief or not didn't matter much if it meant dying by Chase's hand. After all, he had been deemed a worthy opponent by the veteran assassin himself.

Spoiler

image.png.9c40e37f724545b61c79dd93f4f216a9.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1054/1090 (+46) | EN: 90/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [2/5]

Edited by ChaseR

And now, the next attack that he launched, the bluehead made little attempts to connect it. He instead loosened his body up and focused on getting himself in the right state of mind, regaining his composure well enough that he would be able to connect the next few strikes. As much as he enjoyed a worthwhile battle, he had to make sure that the chief never got hurt and more than anything, he didn't fall, not here or now. "As worthy of an opponent as he may be, I don't want to yield."

That being said... "I can't let this drag on too much either, just in case that the hulk from before manages to get out of the woods and makes his way here to harm the chief. Just relax. Deep breaths. Exhale... Inhale.", he thought, clearing his mind of any other thoughts and focusing it all on trying to predict what movements Uso-Tsuki would make.

Spoiler

image.png.9fd1fba969f15f696d4118e5474f31b8.png

ATTACK MISSED

Uso-Tsuki attacks ChaseR! (MD: 2)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1086/1090 (+32) | EN: 89/106 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [3/5]

Edited by ChaseR

That would help, acting more unpredictably than usual for a few clean hits to wrap this up. And with that, he opened his eyes. He took another hit without making any efforts to dodge, however it was then that he hit back before Uso-Tsuki could get away. No matter, whether he was getting hurt or not, he could easily take even ten hits from his blade if not more. As long as that meant getting his blade to hit the opponent, he was perfectly fine with it.

"Impressive. Willing to take blows in order to take me down, aren't you? Even I couldn't see through that. You're too powerful for me after all.". The comment was true, Chase knew that even he was beyond Uso-Tsuki. "Hey, Uso. Don't give up on me yet, you're not dead yet.", Chase said with a small grin, only to get a nod from the samurai. 

Spoiler

image.png.204957e905d63361663b6ce847c39d00.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 6)
20 * 13 - 25 = 235

100 - 43 = 57

ChaseR: HP: 1033/1090 (+32, -57) | EN: 80/106 (+1, -10) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 730/1200 (-235) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [4/5]

Edited by ChaseR

"You promised to fight me to the end, so fight me to the end with everything you've got!", he told him and exchanged more strikes. A gash appeared on the boy's shoulder, and a slash across Uso-Tsuki's chest. Their attacks were both landing as the both of them got serious. It was almost like wherever he went, the boy's eyes let a small blue trail behind. He was too focused to let up the pressure now, wanting to keep his foe on his toes.

Despite how friendly and chatty they were with one another, they were both ready to kill one another to get their goals through with. Then again, Chase's only saving grace that let him was that Uso-Tsuki was already a criminal, and an NPC at that. Even if he wasn't a real person, he could come back to his own real world and attempt this assassination over and over again.That meant that despite the outcome of this battle, he would never really die.

Spoiler

image.png.74d15ff8cdb0c8ab6d2d54aca6f5dbc4.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 6)
20 * 13 - 25 = 235

100 - 43 = 57

ChaseR: HP: 1024/1090 (+48, -57) | EN: 71/106 (+1, -10) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 495/1200 (-235) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [5/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Chase knew not if he would even keep his memories of acknowledging him as a warrior worth dying from. Regardless, they would carry out their duties- one as an assassin, the other as a guardian for hire. And one of them had to fail. Another strike, but before Uso-Tsuki could return it, the agile blueberry had encased his legs in ice and caused him to start bleeding. A small smile appeared on the samurai's face as he sheathed his blade, acknowledging his defeat already.

"... You were a good fighter, Uso-Tsuki.", Chase commented with his sword still raised in front of him, ready to deliver the finishing blow. Uso didn't seem to be panicking, he was just content. "If this is how I should go down, then so be it. Thank you for the battle, swordsman Chase. I'll cherish this memory.". These words were enough. They both knew what had to be done now.

Spoiler

image.png.3f5558f60baea078a292eb2c455ca54e.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 9)
21 * 13 - 25 = 248

Uso-Tsuki is frozen! (MD: -)
N/A

ChaseR: HP: 1072/1090 (+48) | EN: 62/106 (+1, -10) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 223/1200 (-248 -24) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BLEED [24] (1/2) | FROZEN

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [-/5]

Edited by ChaseR

Uso began to draw his katana out as Chase took longer and longer to put an end to it, looking at Chase with the same smile unwavering. "Don't falter. You've earned this victory. If you don't make it through, I'll continue with my plan after all. I'm a traitor.". No matter whatever he tried to do, there was little to change their minds or stop them from carrying out whatever Cardinal had them to. It was a shame, but nothing he could truly, ever do about it.

He raised his sword up in the air and kissed him farewell before slashing down, only to watch him shatter into those blue shards he had become so familiar with. They looked so pretty, yet they carried a feeling so somber while they scattered about in the air and disappeared into nothingness. "... Goodbye, Uso-Tsuki.", he muttered under his breath and sheathed his blade again, turning around and heading for the Chief's hut.

Spoiler

image.png.c52f521916a90c1afcd8fe3f706f86b1.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Uso-Tsuki! (BD: 9)
21 * 13 - 25 = 248

ChaseR: HP: 1090/1090 (+48) | EN: 53/106 (+1, -10) | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 54 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | [Stun CD; -/3] | [Disguise CD; -/3]

Uso-Tsuki: HP: 0/1200 (-248 -24) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BLEED [24] (1/2)

** Every 5 rounds (starting on his second turn), Uso-Tsuki will hit you successfully with +25 DMG bonus. [-/5]

Edited by ChaseR

And from there on out, the quest had been finished. Chase talked to the Chief, letting him know of the three assailants that he took down and was rewarded the quest's bounty; a blade that was said to never miss, a fair bit of Col and some juicy amounts of SP- enough to give him two levels, just the way he was. Let alone the skills that he would pick up thanks to them. "Thank you for the rewards, Chief. If you need anything else, let me know.", he dipped his head in and waved him goodbye as he left right for the settlement. The rest of his trip was him pondering about what Uso-Tsuki could have been like, if he were a real human and had followed down a different path. It was truly interesting, the way the game made you think. But by now, this wasn't a game. This had become their new reality and every time that his mind went over that little detail, he thought back to Lily. But he stopped himself this time. He couldn't keep relishing what he had and would get back. He had to live in the present, cherish his friends and Shay, NIGHT, even Yuki. He'd found new people worth surviving for.

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• 10 SP (7 quest, 2 page, 1 event)
  • 8300 Col (7500 quest, 800 pages)
  • <<Blade of the Warrior>> - Tierless 2HSS - Abs. ACC | ACC | ACC

Edited by ChaseR