Spoiler

Enryu

Giovanni De Luca

Twenty-two (22)

Male

5'10"

Kadoc Zemlupus, Fate/Grand Order

Family above all else.

This is what his father had told him as he, a young boy, watch the sea claim another. A man who he had knew well, though only through others.

It's no secret that Sicily is a poverty-stricken island, condemned to the Mediterranean as if it were exiled by the Italian people for not baring the same, ornate styling of gold and silver etched across their roads. Their lampposts are not cut from jewels, and the sky just seems to be a different type of blue.  Through an ever-lasting struggle between the rich, and the poor, people have been forced to take control; to fight, and survive, or to lay down, and die. A tight-knit group of family members who value their own beliefs above the law, or the lives of others. To them, this is a way of life, and to break these codes is a sin. These people belong to the Cosa Nostra, and they rule Sicily.

They are The Mafia.

Through blood, Giovanni had inherited a life of crime - of fear, that at any point, his life may be in danger. In the city of Palermo, your word is your life, and these teachings would pave the walkway of his childhood. A young boy, thrown to the wolves to see whether or not he had the strength to survive in a world so befitting of the ruthless. His father, a butcher, and head of the family, means to make an example out of any who cross them. Such a grim fate would befall unto a man who had been in and out of Giovanni's life. A man who finds the time to visit on Christmas, and feast at the table on Thanksgiving. A man who was present on Sunday Mass, and who often brought toys for the young boy. He considered him - not a stranger, but, a friend of the family. To him, this was all he knew, however, no child could hope to understand the horrors that awaits those who do not play their part. Such a grim fate would befall unto him, like a butcher's knife that sets as the Sun. A clambering thud as the body fall, and just as the vineyard back at home, wine is poured for the mourning. The white-water foam crashes upon the stern of their boat, but it's dyed a sickly red. These horrors are in clear-view, and yet, he could not find the strength to look away. His father would not let him. In fact, this was purposefully executed. A rite of passage, some may call it. A fatherly hand grips onto him, and tells him those fateful words, "Family above all else."

This is what his father had told him as he, a young boy, watch the sea claim another. A man who he had knew well, though only through others.

Yet, time continues to pass. Giovanni lives his life of street thuggery, and petty crimes. A fight on the streets to school, or vandalizing to prove his worth. A life guided by the consequences of what may happen if he refuse to carry out these demands. He would grow reluctant of his father. "Abusive," is a fitting title, and one he refers to often. Though, that would all change when on the corner store, he heard the static of television.

Sword Art Online

The name resonates like a church bell, and the promises of a new world taste charming, like strawberries on chocolate. Enticing. He knew he had to have it. A place that could distract him from these harsh realities. Fate had guided his hand, and on the island of Sicily - as if it were destined for him - he finds the only copy.

It fits perfectly under his waistband.

Virtues:

Loyal
Growing up, Giovanni was taught that loyalty was the most important trait a person could have. In Sicily, you are nothing without your word. To be a liar is to be a sinner, and those who sin are condemned to a fate much worse than death. Even at a young age, he understood this, and would carry this trait on with him for the rest of his life.

Compassionate
A sense of compassion is grown when, through intense trauma, you find the ability to connect with one another. The kids on his street were always less-fortunate, and he knew what this pain was like. On the last Thursday of every month, a trip around the neighborhood would be taken, and gifts - toys, money, or other necessities would be handed to the kids who he thought were younger, and less fortunate. The kind of people who could not fight for themselves.

Courageous
Hardened by the world, like tempered steel, Giovanni has fought for survival in the cruelest situations. A trip to school would be a fight for his life as kids much larger than he would try to assert themselves, but he would always fight back.  He knew no fear, for fear was only in the mind. To be poor, and weak - this was his biggest fear of all.

Flaws:

Impatient
Frustration, and impatience. These are traits that he has carried with him throughout his adulthood. He wants what he wants, and he wants it now. Whilst this is an area he has been constantly working on, for he knew it be a sin - it would take time, and constant effort. It doesn't help that a life of crimes leaves to thievery, and ultimately, a spoiled behavior.

Irritable
A loose cannon, one that is set to go off anytime somebody makes a condescending remark. Respect was expected, and if one were to show the opposite - it would be game on. Unfortunately, this hot-headed may be attributed to the fact that his father were the same way. A man who he hated, and wished to never be like. Ironic.

Blunt
Giovanni was never taught to filter his words, and expresses any disinterest in - probably the most vulgar ways he can. He says what's on his mind, without remorse for how the other person may feel, but what can be expected in a world filled with hungry dogs? To show remorse is to show guilt, and those guilty are the ones who are taken advantage of the most.

Edited by Enryu
Inventory
Spoiler

Sword of Silver «Perfect» >>
     [Damage II |
Gain +2 base damage per slot.]
      [Accuracy I |
Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.]

Black Padded Gambeson «Uncommon» «LA»
     [Evasion I |
Reduces the die value by 1 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.]

Silver Crucifix Pendant «Perfect» >>
     [Accuracy II |
Gain +2 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.]
      [Keen I |
After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed.]

Beginner Short Sword «Uncommon»
     [Accuracy I |
Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.]

Consumables
Spoiler

Starter Healing Potion x5
     Instantly recover 50 HP.

T1 Healing Potion x5 «Rare» >>
     Instantly recover 40 HP.

T1 Damage Potion x1 «Uncommon» >>
     Gain +1 Damage for the remainder of a thread.

T1 Over-Health Potion x1 «Special» >>
     Gain +50 Maximum HP for the remainder of a thread.

Skills
Spoiler

One-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | Rank 2
     [Base: Proficiency] +2 DMG

Battle Healing | Passive | Rank 2
     [Base: Proficiency] While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) every turn.

Light Armor | Passive | Rank 3
     [Base: Proficiency] +15 MIT, -2 STEALTH

Sword Arts
Spoiler

Rank 1

«Slant» (4 Energy) (ST-I)

A single target diagonal slash capable of bisecting a player in two.  [x4] 

«Whirlwind» (1 + [2 * targets] Energy) (AOE-I)

An area of effect swing that circles the player, slashing a full three-sixty degrees.  [x3]

«Sharp Nail» (5 Energy) (TECH-A)
     A consecutive three hit combo that repeatedly leaves the enemy dazed, and unprepared for the next strike. [x4] [stun]

Rank 2

«Twin Fang» (6 Energy) (ST-I)

A single target slash that strikes the enemy twice in one fluid motion. [x6]

«Vorpal Lance» (5 + [2 * targets] Energy) (AOE-I)
     An area of effect lunge capable of skewering multiple enemies on the tip of it's blade.
[x5]

«Silver Fang» (7 Energy) (TECH-A)
     A sudden silver slash that gives off the illusion of stretching past the blade's previously believed reach. [x6] [stun]

2,500 exp 
0/30
Skill Points

image.png.618c169f0a604538a18e86f812fc4199.png
  Hide contents

Enryu
| HP: 120 | EN: 30 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 |  MIT: 15 | KEEN: 1 |

[Equipment]

• Sword of Silver | OHSS | Perfect | T1
       [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC ]
       [ Damage II | +2 DMG ]
  • Black Padded Gambeson | LA | Uncommon | T1
       [ Evasion I | +1 EVA ] 
  • Silver Crucifix Pendant | TRNKT | Perfect | T1
       [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
       [ Keen I | +1 BD after a successful attack ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Healing Potion x2 | T1
       Instantly recover 40 HP. Destroy upon use.
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Hide contents

Skills List:

1. One-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 2/5
  2. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  3. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5

Consumed Buffs

Hide contents

No Consumed Buffs in effect

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents

No Misc. Buffs in effect

Sword Arts

Hide contents

Rank 1

Slant (4 Energy) (x4) (ST-I)
     A single target diagonal slash capable of bisecting a player in two. 

Whirlwind (1 + 2* targets Energy) (x3) (AOE-I)
     An area of effect swing that circles the player, slashing a full three-sixty degrees.

Sharp Nail (5 Energy) (4x) (Stun) (TECH-A)
     A consecutive three hit combo that repeatedly leaves the enemy dazed, and
     unprepared for the next strike.

Rank 2

Twin Fang (6 Energy) (6x) (ST-I)

A single target slash that strikes the enemy twice in one fluid motion.

Vorpal Lance (5 + [2 * targets] Energy) (5x) (AOE-I)
     An area of effect lunge capable of skewering multiple enemies on the tip of it's
     blade.

Silver Fang (7 Energy) (6x) (Stun) (TECH-A)
     A sudden silver slash that gives off the illusion of stretching past the blade's
     previously believed reach.

Edited by Enryu