[PP-F15] Sundered Tsundere (Bane of Blood)

<<Bane of Blood>>

• Advanced Slime Farm used: +2 SP to end of Thread
  • Yui's Grace 3/3 used: +1 SP to end of Thread
  • Liquor of Light [158932] consumed. +3 DMG
Spoiler

Name: Hidden
Level: 63
HP: 1290/1290
EN: 126/126

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:64
VAMP OFF:129
HLY:8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Nato's Might>> (T2/Demonic/Dagger): HLY II, ACC I, VAMP OFF I
Armor: <<Shadow's Silence>> (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): MIT III
Misc: <<Shadow's Blossom>> (T3/Perfect/Trinket): ACC II, EVA I

Skills:
One-Handed Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Hide [Rank 4]
Extended Mod Limit [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
Athletics
Precision
Acrobatics
Assassin
Vanish
Ferocity
Blindside

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
T3 Cold Brew Coffee (+180 HP)*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Freyd... That was supposedly the name of the boy that she encountered the day before at Tanabata. She had caught him speaking in a way that made it seem like he knew the fight was going to happen. She was concerned of two things. Firstly, know that an attack was going to happen would have been good information for everyone there. Secondly, he may have kept it to himself because he was one of the enemy. Either way, she was not going to tolerate either answer.

The girl leaned against a tree right outside of Kachirho, a thick fog hanging low at her feet. A cold breeze wafted through through the forest, the leaves rustling in it. She picked this location for two reasons. The floor was dark, making visible low. Also, the Bane of Blood quest was here. If she found out that Freyd was teaming with the enemy, she could dispose of him here with none to know. She could even weaken him and throw him to Bloodbane to finish him off and none would be able to blame her. 

A black garb hung around her figure, leaving her face and shoulders bare. Of course, if needed she could add the shroud to the item, but she often opted for it to be off now. It had taken some time, but she was comfortable with people seeing her now. At first she could handle simply being looked at. Black leggings covered her legs coming to and end within black shoes. A dagger was strapped to the underside of her left arm and a reproachful gaze sat on ehr face. 

A message would be received by Freyd:

We spoke at the Tanabata event. You have some things to answer for. Meet me outside of the Main city on F15. If you don't arrive, I will assume you are running.

Freyd read the unexpected missive and snickered, instantly issuing a response.

Sure thing, purple-girl.  Your wish is my command.  See you shortly.

He remembered this one, she was a huffy little thing, and sure to be a handful.  She was also really good with that dagger, which meant leaving precautions was important.  "Dingo, get Quip.  We need to have a quick conversation.  And bring Quaestor over here too, if he can spare a minute."  Making sure that his affairs were in order, on the off chance he didn't return, Freyd effectively managed to put the fear of God in his friends, who besieged him not to be so reckless.

"Nope.  She's asking nicely, in her own way.  Better this than having to deal with her on other terms.  Besides," he added, flashing a wry grin.  "I did promise I'd explain."

Arriving at the appointed location, Freyd walked to the very edge of the light being cast beyond the city walls and waited.  If there was going to be trouble, he wanted his options open.  Being friendly didn't mean having to be stupid.  Wearing black traveling garb and leather armor, his feet and hands equally covered and his head concealed beneath his trademark cowl, there was little to be seen of him in light or darkness.  It was also precisely where he felt most comfortable.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:139/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20

Spoiler

Freyd Consumes/Applies:

Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce (Antidote 3) [169218]
Cotton Candy Puffs (ACC 2) [169221]
Red Velvet Meringue (EVA 2) [166165] + FILLED
Liquor of Light (DMG 3) [153464-1]
Divine Wait (T3 - MIT 3) [166921]
Viperion (T3 - Toxic Venom) [154851]
Immolation +1 (T2 – Thorns) [http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19650-f22-the-black-odyssey-r1r5maxmerchants/?do=findComment&comment=620557]
Field Rations +2 (+120 HP) [http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19871-f13-merchant-freyd-edges-safe-zone/?do=findComment&comment=623998]

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 62
HP: 1270/1270 + 120 HP
EN: 139/139

Stats:
Damage: 19 + 3 = 22
Mitigation: 79 + 45 = 124 
Evasion: 2 + 2 +1 = 5 
Accuracy: 4 + 2 = 6
BH:63
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Jackpot Pretzel (LD 3)*2
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery Crystal)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, Keen 1, ACC 1, Abs.ACC 1)

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

She waited and in time a figure approached. Not sure if the figure had noticed her or not, she pushed herself up from the tree. "Freyd right?" she asked him. However, instead of letting him answer, she assumed it was him and began to act. "First: Don't call me anything but Hidden. You'll regret calling me names." She had dealt with being teased in the real world and wasn't willing to let it happen here. She had the power to stop it now. "Second: I'm not wearing my cloak, so you don't get to wear one either." Whether he agreed or not, a figure emerged from the boy's shadow and trailed up his form. Umbra, her Shadow Fox familiar, pulled his cowl back, revealing his face. 

She was miffed from his use of a cowl. She seen him without one at the event. He didn't understand her reason for hiding her face. The fear of the stares that were filled with hate and disgust.... He didn't get it, he just thought he was some cool vigilante. She let out a sigh, calming the rising feelings that crept into her lungs.

"We're being open here, and not hiding. Now that is out of the way so we can begin. I am Hidden. Until they get around to taking them off the boards, I am the most wanted player in this game. Nice to meet you." 

"I suppose you should start explaining now. Its far too suspicious that you seemed to know that we were going to be attacked. Better start making your case or you won't be a threat for much longer." 

Freyd crossed his arms, but otherwise made no reaction.  A sleek shadow emerged from the back of his jacket to confront the umbral fox that had tugged back his cowl.  Its brilliant azure eyes had strange horizontal slot irises, like you might see on a mongoose.  Persi walked Hidden's companion slowly down Freyd's back with a warning glare not to touch her Lummocks - her nickname for the clumsy biped who'd turned out to be a reasonable hunting partner.  He made a decent decoy, at least.  Two face-offs were now in play.

"Yeah.  I've seen 'The Incredibles.'  No capes or cloaks seems like a good working principle."  Much of his face remained silhouetted against the backlighting from the settlement he'd just left, but a hint of reddish brown was visible in the exposed edges of his eyes.  He uncrossed his arms and placed his hands into a pair of hidden jacket pockets, shifting his stance as if to mirror a change in the tone of their exchange.  "If you prefer to avoid nicknames, I have no objections.  If you want the answers I promised, I'll keep my word - to the extent I actually have answers to provide.  But, if you're just here to try and scare me with how much of a badass you're supposed to be..."  He jerked his right hand, thumb extended, to the bright lights of the city behind him.  "...then I'll be going.  Orange icons don't scare me, and I'm smart enough to have let the right people know who I was meeting, and where."  He placed his hand back in his pocket, maintaining a relaxed pose.  "We might be on a bit of a schedule here.  Just saying." 

With the initial machismo duly completed and out of the way, Freyd took on a more business-like demeanor.

"Now, you fought against the Spire when you could have just fled.  That counts for something.  What did you want to know?"

Another quippy reference from the boy, raising her temper slightly. She didn't enjoy having jokes made at her or what she said. It hit far too close to home. That wasn't the end of it either. He seemed to mock the way she was. "With how much I am a badass? Are you even hearing yourself? If you knew anything about me, you would know that isn't the case. I'm just not playing any games, you are part of Firm Anima. Which means that you are close to someone that means... something to me" She looked away for a moment, embarrassed at the fact she had human feelings. She wasn't used to having friends and admitting that they meant something to her was still hard.

"That's why I care."

She let out a breath that she had been holding, slowly exhaling her temper. "Now, you fought against the Spire, when you could have just fled.  That counts for something.  What did you want to know?"

Hidden snapped her fingers, the shadow fox slinking away from the boy and returning to sit within Hidden's shadow. "I want to know exactly what you do. You know the name to the group that attacked us. You also knew they were going to attack. Why are you so familiar with a group that has kept so quiet before? Even if you aren't with them, why hasn't this been surfaced before if they can cause that large scale event." 

'His attitude reminds me of Raidou's, however his is much less controlled. Maybe this is the attitude Raidou would have towards me if he didn't care. The business like attitude is definitely there. However, Freyd appears to be less socially clueless.' 

"I hear you, Hidden.  And if there's someone you care about in Firm Anima, then I'm glad to hear it.  I didn't come here to trade barbs, or threaten harm - only to honour my promise.  So, let's give you those answers, shall we?"  His delivery was cool, but genuine.  He was being factual, not cocky, and there was no hint of prejudice or disdain in his tone.  Freyd simply said things as they were, or at least how the saw them.  As he spoke, his body language and tone gave away nothing, just like a whisper in shadows.

Freyd pulled his right hand out of his pocket again, extending his thumb.

"I followed clues and hunches, or trail the leads, if you prefer.  I am a seeker and a finder of Hidden things."

A second finger joined the first.

"I know that the faction we fought call themselves the Sundered Spire, because their members threatened me with the title as if it was some secret metaphorical shiv that they could drive into players hearts."

Then came the third, to join the rest.

"I stumbled upon a trail of clues that led me across half the floors of Aincrad, chasing these."  He pulled a small polished sandstone token from his pocket with his other hand.  Upon the exposed face was painted with the emblem of the red tower, or Aincrad's profile, sundered by a streak of charcoal down its middle that loosely resembled a sword.  "Eventually, others and I found clues of an impending attack.  Our best guess suggested a juicy target in the gathering on floor 22.  All we actually had was a trail that led to a cavern full of dark elves on floor 21.   I followed there while others were dispatched to warn those at Coral and the Tanabata festival."

A fourth finger rounded out the group, nearing the final tally.

"I know about them because I made it my business to seek them out and do just that.  It wasn't easy, and I still know far less that I would like.  It was pure chance that led to me stumble across some battle plans that called for a ground assault on level 22 itself, which would have led to a pincer attack from outside and below.  It was a bold and potentially effective tactic, foiled by good fortune and the blessings of the deities of the festival.  The Spire clearly neglected something in their planning.  Sprinting from the 21st floor to the outskirts of Coral, I encountered Mari and Cordelia.  Truly, it was they who blunted the second front.  I merely assisted as I could."

The full hand flush of fingers finally spread out between them.

"No, I'm not with them.  If I was, we wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation."  Freyd returned the displayed token to his inventory.  "And we're lucky that we managed to discover them at all.  They might have killed many if we hadn't.  I've spent the days and weeks since their assault tracking down every lead and connection that I can.  The attack was perpetrated by the Spire's more openly aggressive elements, but they're far from defeated.   And so, my hunt continues."

Closing his open hand into a fist, Freyd sunk it quietly back into his jacket.

"Satisfied?"

"Satisfied?"

She had listened to his story, her face not betraying any emotions as he did so. She was focused, meaning that she wasn't worried about appearances for a short moment. She thrusted forward his information with the slight bit she had picked up from before. From the Candy Apple Dealer in the event. There was a moment of silence between the two before she had deduced anything.

"Satisfied... isn't really the word. I suppose if both Raidou and Mari trust you, I am in no position to go against their judgement. However, you just admitted you knew of an attack. While you may have thwarted one of the enemies fronts, what happened to those that were dispatched to warn us? Either that last bit is a lie, or suspicion falls on whoever's duty it was to relay the message." 

She sighed, the tenseness in her muscles relaxing as she found that she wouldn't be fighting this man. "As for information on the Sundered Spire, other than what you told me, I know nothing. The man running one of the stands in the event I am almost sure is one of the members. I once knew a guy that was good at dealing in information, but ever since he helped me the last time he's been rather quiet."

Her eyes fell off the boy as she looked back, deep into the forest. Moment ago, she had planned to utilize a monster there to kill this boy. How fast things change. "The only advice I can give you... there is way too much of your enemy. And, I assume they can't die forever. Meaning, that you are fighting an unwinnable war. That is unless you bring their purpose crumbling. How to do that... I don't know."

She herself was waging her own war... a war that all forward momentum had paused. She required the assistance of the frontliners, but the problem was that they weren't unified. She just had to bide her time in waiting for the moment that opportunity came to take out Laughing Coffin. 

"It was Oscar and I who found the clues of the impending attack after meeting by chance on floor 9. He went to warn the others while I raced to floor 21 to search for more clues.  He fought by our side against Skalaugh.  I've not had a chance to ask him what happened, though convincing people of the threat prior to the lake falling out from under them would have been no small task."  Freyd paused for added emphasis.  "He's an odd one, but I trust him."

Hidden's sudden change in tone and demeanor did little to put Freyd at ease.  To be fair, nothing truly ever put Freyd at ease, so it wasn't exactly her fault.

"The Spire has agents everywhere, and most have the good sense not to be as brazen as Skalaugh and his minions.  They're the real threat.  Imagine if half the innocent-looking NPCs in the game were turncoats?  Imagine if they spoke to each other about every stupid little detail we players so casually blurt out, unaware of what we were unintentionally revealing."

He let that sink in for a moment.

"Defeating them isn't my immediate goal.  We have them off balance and need to keep them that way for as long as possible.  Meanwhile, we use that window of opportunity to figure out who or what is actually leading them.  The Spire's strength is its unity of purpose and action.  If we can shatter that, they might truly fade away forever."

Vanity Tag: @Oscar

"Oscar?" She repeated the sound as if it would help any. "Never heard of him. Neither did I hear from him. Whether you trust him or not, I believe he failed his job." Despite Freyd's words, she didn't rest any easier. This Oscar fellow either was terrible at projecting information, or working on the other side. A third possibility is that he was a made-up entity in this and Freyd was covering his tracks. Her face remained unchanged at the mention of the NPC's being turncoats and spies and picking information off from the players. She was never in town or out farming monsters, so she wouldn't make any footprints for them to follow. 

"You're chasing to destroy their purpose and keep them off their feet until you figure out how." She would say to confirm what he said. "Any idea as to why NPC's are all of a sudden turning on us? And only some of them?" It was a bit confusing. She didn't think something such as that would be possible by Cardinal. Would something like that even be possibly to beat? Or was it created by players? There was too many questions that needed answered. 

'I suppose I could always hear Raidou or Mari out about what they think about him. Both of them are no fool to be tricked by someone like this. His actions disfavor helping this 'Sundered Spire'. He did help the players out. I guess, he's off the hook for now." 

"Alright. I guess you aren't an enemy. Just wasted time planning to feed you to Bloodbane." Not sure of what to do now, she awkwardly stood there. When it came to planning, if there was a plan, there was only ever one path. She wasn't one for making things, and instead resorted to stabbing when things got out of hand. 

Ignoring Hidden's semi-jovial threat, Freyd latched on to the topic of Blood Bane.  

"I have no idea what might have spawned the Spire's unique abilities in the first place, though I would love to find out.  I'm also not so naive as to assume that a mob must have humanoid form to retain its memories.  Blood Bane is still out there.  It may well also have a token like the one I showed you.  I found one on a flaming tiger on floor six a while back.  This one may hold more clues to the whereabouts and motives of the Spire."  He paused, as if considering his options.

"Seeing as how we've mutually agreed on not being enemies, why don't we team up and see what we can achieve together?  I saw you handle yourself against Skalaugh, but he was a single target - your sweet spot as a dagger wielder, I believe.  This will take both of us playing to our strengths.  So, Hidden, would you care to form a partnership for mutual benefit?"

His words confused her even more. This 'Sundered Spire' had infiltrated the quests as well? There was no way that was Cardinal intended. Though it was strange to her even more when he invited her to join him in hunting Bane of Blood. "Umm." She stuttered for a second. She hadn't prepared for a conversation aside from the one of him being a threat. 

"I saw you handle yourself against Skalaugh, but he was a single target - your sweet spot as a dagger wielder, I believe.  This will take both of us playing to our strengths."

An unamused look gathered on her face. "My focus isn't single-target. Its simply what I am limited to. My sweet spot is picking off the weak with a single clean strike." She had a mod named "assassin" what would anyone else expect? "Besides I wouldn't have to worry about AoE, you use a Two-handed sword." 

"So, Hidden, would you care to form a partnership for mutual benefit?"

She felt a tingle in her chest as her ears caught a familiar tone. For a moment, her memories reflected the smile of a man in red. "Indeed, Valuable is the word. more than any one consumable or a coat. I wonder what such material would make if synthesized with the correct intentions." For a moment, a small smile lit her face. 

"Dumbass" She would whisper. A faint blush meeting her cheeks. Of course, this would fade within a mere moment. 

"I mean, um sure!" She said hastily, shaking her head quickly to pull away from her emotions. "I'll just play clean up to whatever you attack first, utilizing the vanish mod to deal as much surefire damage as possible."

They'd hardly wandered from the main road before the first signs of pursuit became evident.  Their enemy was spread thin, the pack scattered and scouring for prey.  Hidden's talents would prove useful as they played for time and turned the tables on the wargs.  The prey would soon become the hunters.  Silently signaling the approach of a pair of wargs from the west, Freyd prepared himself to play the role of bait.  He knew what Hidden could do, and had seen its efficacy first hand, but she needed placement to make it work.  A quick gaze upward at and overhanging branch was enough to communicate intent.  For his part, the Whisper placed the tree trunk against his back, appearing to be trapped, but actually limiting the enemy's potential angles of approach.  

"Time to see what being a tank feels like," he muttered to himself.  It was hardly his forte or his build, but he could manage.  The trick would be to avoid unnecessary 

Freyd activates Parry (-5 EN)

Freyd was pretty silent after that, no more quips to attempt to piss her off. She would be fine with that. Trust wasn't exactly the word to describe what was between them. She needed to complete the Bane of Blood quest, so she supposed it must be a common goal. They didn't need to talk any further, all that remained was a fallen foe at the end of her blade. The fifteenth floor was filled with Shadows and trees, making her slip into the shadows quite easy. From there, she trailed behind Freyd, awaiting him to draw out the enemies. One on One fights were her specialty, but with several opponents any battle could become quite troublesome. However, with Freyd lowering the health of the opponents, she could make the final blows, killing every single one without moving from her stealthed position. 

Slowly, she slid her dagger from its sheathe, metal hissing as it was freed. This wasn't a question as to whether they could complete the battle, it was a question as to how fast they could get it done. 

172407 LD:8+5(Skill)+2(Mods)+1(Low-Light)=16 Stealth Rating.

Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:126/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 2/2 | STEALTHED (16)

A pack of four mangy-looking dire wolves slowly emerged from the woods into the clearing around Freyd's chosen holdout.  Fury raged in their menacing eyes as they hungrily advanced towards him, slavering jaws agape with eagerness for a taste of flesh.  They had cleverly cut off every avenue of escape and cornered their prey, intending to move in for the kill.  The Whisper remained calm, watching the theatrics unfold before him. 

"Wolves so love to intimidate and play with their food," he said aloud.  "It's unfortunate that their strength here will become their weakness."  He let them close the noose tighter, his feet shifting silently beneath him as he braced himself against the tree trunk for additional purchase.

"Such wonderful predators.  Too bad that their pack tactics require them to maintain a certain consistent spacing, all within easy range of the trap."

Springing forward, pushing off the coarse tree trunk behind him, Freyd unleashed a single blinding and empowered sword swing, clipping all four foes and instantly turning their trap into his own.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:123/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20 | PARRY
Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:126/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 2/2 | STEALTHED (16)

Calamity Disaster (12x AoE + 8 for hits) = 20 EN - (rested 2/2, Finesse 3) = 16 EN

ID #172422 | BD: 2 + 6 - 1 = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*22 = 264 - 20 = 244) damage to Warg Wolf #1.
ID #172423 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (12*30 = 360 - 20 = 340) damage to Warg Wolf #2.
ID #172424 | BD: 2 + 6 - 1 = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*22 = 264 - 20 = 244) damage to Warg Wolf #3.
ID #172425 | BD: 2 + 6 - 1 = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*22 = 264 - 20 = 244) damage to Warg Wolf #4.

Keen triggers.

Warg Wolf #1: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)
Warg Wolf #2: HP 160/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-340) [24 Tox.Ven 2/2]
Warg Wolf #3: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)
Warg Wolf #4: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)

She watched as Freyd moved forward, slowly at first before he sudden lurched forward. His blade cut through the enemies like butter, throwing them all back away from him. The raw power from the THSS was unable to be compared to most weapons. The two-handed weapons were overboard with damage, boasting higher base damage and more powerful sword-arts without drawback. They even didn't have any sound cues so they were perfectly fine for hiding. 

'Guess that makes it my turn.' She thought. Darting forward, Her dagger gleamed with an orange hue as she shot forward. She leapt upward, spiraling hoizontally to cut up the entire side of one of the wolves. Planting her feet on the ground, she spun quickly and the dagger sunk into the monster's face. The wolf pixelated and the Vanish skill instantly activated. She took the second to move to a safe distance, preparing to strike again. If Freyd hadn't killed everything by then. 

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
172449 2 6 17 3 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Warg Wolf C attacks 2020-10-13 21:11:37
172448 5 11 9 2 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Warg Wolf B attacks 2020-10-13 21:11:27
172447 9 4 15 9 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Warg Wolf A attacks 2020-10-13 21:11:16
172446 2 6 15 6 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Warg Wolf D 2020-10-13 21:06:14

Auto-Hit DMG: 20+3=23*13=299-20=279
Vanish Activates!
EN Cost: 11-1(Regeneration) -1(Well-Rested)=9.

Freyd takes 175-124=51/2(parry)=25 DMG

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1365/1390 | EN:123/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20 | PARRY
Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:115/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 2/2 | STEALTHED (16)

Warg Wolf #1: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)
Warg Wolf #2: HP 136/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-340) [24 Tox.Ven 1/2]
Warg Wolf #3: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)
Warg Wolf #4: HP 0/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)

Hidden's momentary appearance and the sudden obliteration of a member of their pack confused the remaining warg and cast them into disarray. Freyd seized his moment, charging forward with another sweeping strike, this one passing just over Hidden's head, rustling her ghostly hair as below just as it reflected the harvest glow of the woman's glaring orange icon above.  She vanished just as the blade passed, and all three wolves burst into a trio of thick red crystalline mists.  It made it look like he'd literally just smeared them all into the air. A satisfied smirk appeared beneath the Whisper's cowl.  These were acceptable results.

"Well done, and stay close."  Freyd turned and looked into the surrounding depths of darkness.  "More are coming."  Raising his sword anew, Freyd resumed his stance.  His feet grazed the thin grass as he gauged the terrain and felt the movement of the subtle breeze.  it carried the scent of blood.  "Take a moment to prepare.  We don't have long."

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:108/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20 | PARRY [CD: 1/2]
Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:115/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 2/2 | STEALTHED (16)

Freyd recovers 63 HP from Battle Healing.

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (12x AoE + 8 for hits) = 20 EN - (rested 1/2, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 15 EN

ID #172453 | BD: 7 + 6 - 1 = 12 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*24 = 288 - 20 = 268) damage to Warg Wolf #1.
ID #172454 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +6, Charge +2).  Freyd deals (12*31 = 372 - 20 = 352) damage to Warg Wolf #2.
ID #172455 | BD: 2 + 6 - 1 = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*24 = 288 - 20 = 268) damage to Warg Wolf #3.

Warg Wolf #1: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (256-268)
Warg Wolf #2: HP 136/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (136-352) [24 Tox.Ven 2/2]
Warg Wolf #3: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (256-268)
Warg Wolf #4: HP 0/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 (500-244)

His Area of Effect attacks were quite powerful and effective but kind of ticked her off. Nothing was more annoying than seeing the culmination of all of the work she put in easily outdone by a single attack. They had similar output but with his Area of Effect, he was able to finish off three while she managed to take out simply one. 

"Well done, and stay close." 

She rolled her eyes, sighing silently. 'I'll be wherever I want to be. You don't get to boss me around because you are taking the miniscule amount of damage that they deal.' Growls emitted from the next line of trees, the faint smell of blood lingered. The sound of the soft crunching of leaves alerted her to the enemy's position. She would strike as soon as she was given the chance and help take out the opponents one by one. Once they got to the final boss, she would be much more effective than Freyd.

Freyd ignored whatever muttering Hidden was up to above him, preferring to ready himself for the next wave.  'She's going to do her own thing, regardless of what I say, and probably while complaining about it,'  he thought to himself.  Hidden's prickly exterior, combined with her arrogant demeanor, had little effect on him.  He had a task before him and meant to get it done.  It also seemed likely that she'd take the opportunity to show him up as soon as it presented itself.  That was fine.  Freyd's ego needed no stroking.  If hers was so fragile, he'd let her take whatever credit she wanted.  Despite her reputation, she struck him as plagued with insecurities.  Orange tags seemed to have that impact on women, in particular.  The notion was shoved away to some distant corner of his mind for later review and consideration.

There were other factors at play here, that interested him far more than Hidden's blustery threats, and four of them had just cleared the surrounding tree line.  One was far larger and more menacing than the others, its silvery coat stained a sickly pink around it ravenous-looking maw.

"Blood Bane, eh?" He chuckled.  The other wargs moved to interpose themselves.  "Oh, so we have a clever alpha?  Good.  Very good."  Freyd lashed out at the nearest wargs, feigning vulnerability then turning it suddenly on its head to cleave deep, blackened gashes into his foes.  

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:94/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20 | PARRY [CD: 2/2]

Calamity Disaster (12x AoE + 6 for hits) = 18 EN - (rested 2/2, Finesse 3) = 14 EN

ID #172654 | BD: 5+6-1 = 10 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*22=264-20=244) damage to Warg Wolf #5.
ID #172655 | BD: 6+6-1 = 11 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*28=336-20=316) damage to Warg Wolf #6.
ID #172656 | BD: 7+6-1 = 12 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*28=336-20=316) damage to Warg Wolf #7.

[1,0] Warg Wolf #5: HP 256/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[1,0] Warg Wolf #6: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[1,0] Warg Wolf #7: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1

<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+
<< Protect the Alpha! >> : Warg Wolves place themselves in a position to protect their leader. <<BloodBane>> [if present] may not be targeted or hit while at least 1 <<Warg Wolf>> still lives. 

[0,0] Blood Bane: HP 1250/1250 | MIT: 50 | DMG 225 | ACC 3 | EVA 0

<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

Sure enough, the other wolves joined in on the fray of battle. Three of the normal silver wolves cleared the treeline before one wolf that was much larger than the rest stepped through. It appeared to be using the other three wolves as meatshields to prevent itself from getting hurt. It was scarily similar to what she was doing with Freyd. This larger wolf would be the problem, but it stood right behind the others, forcing them in front. Just as last time, Freyd slammed into them, cutting them up with his sword. 'This is kind of reminding me of when Raidou and I fought Ugzeke. Difference is, partying with Raidou is a lot more fun and comes with free buffs.' 

She darted forward, using the element of surprise to strike the highest health wolf. Noticing the white-burning light from her dagger, a smug smile would appear on her face. She thrust her dagger into the wolf and backed away as the holy enhancement worked its magic. A white cyclone surrounded the wolf, each twist sending slashes into the target at all sides. Finally, a white sword appeared above the eye of the twister, firing down to cleanly cut the opponent in two. The wolf was decimated in an instant and she took to the shadows once more.

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
172662 10 2 2 5 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Blood Bane Attacks 2020-10-14 22:08:46
172661 5 12 14 7 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Warg Wolf C attacks 2020-10-14 22:08:31
172660 2 4 8 7 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Warg Wolf B attacks 2020-10-14 22:08:12
172659 9 5 3 2 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Warg Wolf

2020-10-14 22:07:59

Battle Healing: +64 HP
BD:9 - Vampiric (Off.): +129 HP
BD:9 - Holy +8 DMG
Hidden: 172659 BD:9 -> 20+3(Assassin)+1(Crit)+8(Holy)=32*13=416-20=396 DMG to Warg Wolf A. 
BloodBane: LD:2-> Freyd. MD:5+3-5~ Miss.   CD:2- No effect activated

Hidden Vanished! 172664 LD:14+8=22 Stealth Rating!

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:94/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:70 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20 | PARRY [CD: 2/2]
Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:104/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 0/2 | STEALTHED (22)

[1,2] Warg Wolf #5: HP -140/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[1,0] Warg Wolf #6: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[1,0] Warg Wolf #7: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1

<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+
<< Protect the Alpha! >> : Warg Wolves place themselves in a position to protect their leader. <<BloodBane>> [if present] may not be targeted or hit while at least 1 <<Warg Wolf>> still lives. 

[0,0] Blood Bane: HP 1250/1250 | MIT: 50 | DMG 225 | ACC 3 | EVA 0

• Attacking Freyd- LD:1-10, Attacking Hidden- LD:11-20

<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

Freyd couldn't help but picture Hidden as if she was hooked up to some kind of adult-sized jolly-jumped, gleefully dipping down from the treeline like some murderous toddler and offing another enemy every time.  Saying such things out loud would probably have been cause enough for her to to try stabbing him in the back - at least in her mind.  He remained keenly aware of the possibility.  And yet, she hadn't done it.  If it had been her intention, the ideal moment had just passed. Curious.

The last of Blood Bane's pack lay dead before him, and the alpha warg looked mightily displeased.  "Tough noogies, pal,"  Freyd taunted the beast.  "Too bad that you didn't think to look behind you.  You're not the only one with a pack."  A slight woman-sized shadow of familiar proportions crept along the edge of the clearing, moving to encircle the great wolf.  It's eyes shifted, suddenly aware of the possible additional threat.

"Whenever you're ready," he said, though message's intended recipient was not who Blood Bane likely suspected.

Freyd activates Disguise against Blood Bane.(EVA +1)

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:81/139 | DMG:22 | MIT:124 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:70 | LD 3 | Antidote 3/3 | TxV 24 | Thorns 20
Hidden | HP:1290/1290 | EN:104/126 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:129 | HLY:8 | BH:64 | Well-Rested 0/2 | STEALTHED (22)

Calamity Disaster (12x AoE + 4 for hits) = 18 EN - (rested 1/2, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 13 EN

ID #172750 | BD: 2+6-1 = 7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*22=264-20=244) damage to Warg Wolf #6.
ID #172751 | BD: 7+6-1 = 12 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*28=336-20=316) damage to Warg Wolf #7.

[1,2] Warg Wolf #5: HP -140/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[2,0] Warg Wolf #6: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1
[2,0] Warg Wolf #7: HP 184/500 | MIT: 20 | DMG 175 | ACC 2 | EVA 1

Keen triggers.

[0,0] Blood Bane: HP 1250/1250 | MIT: 50 | DMG 225 | ACC 3 | EVA 0

<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.