[F1-PP] Clearing the Air From Which We Breathe! (Earning a living)

Freya's eyes flash open the next morning after defeating her Gemini. Her eyes not yet in full vision, she glances around and sees that Eruda had left her shop already. Taking a deep breath and one particular memory comes back into her fragile stated mind. A face...young...Then the argument that she remembered previously with her mother. Another face, older but the same, Griswold. Freya clings her hands to her head and brings her knees to her chest from where she sits. The memory plays on repeat with nothing to add to the content. A voice, "Hmm... So much stink in the air. So much sorrow... If you wish to walk forward, I think it's high time you take out the trash." A sinister cackle and a hiss. Freya looks up quickly to find no one in the room with her. Confused, but listens to these words knowing that it was true. In order to move past this, she needed to deal with it before it becomes a problem. Getting up from her sleeping area she decides that today would also be the day to get her shop up and running. Sending a quick message to Griswold saying:

Join me, Floor one...
Freya

She exits the shop and heads to the quest board in the beginning town...As she waits for a response she eats what she grabbed from the guild hall just a while ago.

Consumes: Chocolate Covered Peanuts (+3 LD) 

Freya | HP:240/240 | EN:24/24 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 12
HP: 240/240
EN: 24/24

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya
  • 4 weeks later...

A spin of a mallet acting as a pick, he leans down and picks away at what he had wrought as Vulcan takes to some of the loose debris that fell. The crunching that follows as the flame kin begins to break it down into the molten rock. Griswold receives a notification and after some serious difficulty, he manages to get the blasted thing open to read what it says. "Freyja, what are you up to?" Griswold asked of the message as if it could respond to him, although he knew it could not. Rolling his shoulders with a bit of nerve burning in his breast, the six-foot smith starts to trail down the mountain leaving what he had wrought behind. The distraction proves too great for him to remember to pick up the ores. With a flare of the superheated gate, he descends downward toward the tiny blonde female.

ID# 178715 results: Loot: 11+3=14, Failure

Griswold | HP:690/690 | EN:66/66 | DMG:9 | MIT:84 | THRNS:36 | REC:2 | LD:3

Spoiler

Griswold, Fist of Anvil
Level: 33
HP: 690/690
EN: 66/66

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 84
THRNS:36
REC:2
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Reinforced Chisel Head [Tierless/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T2/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+54 Mitigation])
Misc: Titanic Wall - Foundation [T2/Perfect/Shield] Thorns 2 (36), REC 1

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter R3

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash
Athletics (Heavy)

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Fist of Gaia - Incline [T1/Perfect/Warhammer] Taunt, Accuracy 2

Housing Buffs:
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Griswold
  • 3 weeks later...

Freya stands there feeling uneasy, watching the gate from which he would eventually show maybe...A bright light, then a large figure show as the light fades. It was Griswold... Anger fills within her as she glances up at his face...She couldn't give any words...yet...She turns from him and walks to the quest board. Taking the Earning a Living quest, she walks past him to talk to whom she needed to continue on with what she was intending. Entering the fresh smell of bread within the build she gives some words with a quick "Got it," speeding out of the shop. Walking past Griswold as anger and sadness built up, she stops at the exit of the town and clenches her hands into fists now... Turning slightly to glance back at him she says "You and Eruda knew...acted like it was nothing. We were having fun and not a word from either of you." She walks now into the field. She starts to walk into the small forest of trees, trying to calm herself down enough to start the gathering part of the quest.

ID# 178716 results: Loot: 9+3=12, Fail!

Edited by Freya

A soft exhale as Vulcan rather perplexed looks up to its wrangler. "I suggest we keep to ourselves boy, let her vent. Turns out." He'd take a glance at Freya as she stormed out. "That there is more of me in her than I realized, and uh. I didn't expect her to ever know." Waiting and wandering out behind little Freyja, her anger getting the best of her and robbing her of any chance of success. A deep inhale bolsters his courage, and ripping clean from the hammer in his grasp was a little device produced by the blossom. "Freyja, try this." Tossing her his hammer, the heavy mallet would serve to aid in her efforts if she was creative enough. He had not what else to say yet, he would allow her the time to vent. It would be what he wished should the role be reversed, if he was in her shoes.

Griswold Lends to Freya:
Reinforced Chisel Head [Tierless/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

Turning as her name was said, a hammer being tossed to her and she catches it with ease. Taking a deep breath she goes through her gear and equips it in place of her Scythe. Looking over the Warhammer now she glances to Griswold. She wasn't sure exactly what to say but "Thank you..." So many things passed through her mind right now about him but the one thing that edged on the very tip of her tongue was, "Mom told us you didn't care about us, that you couldn't deal with us." She was well aware that her mother left with them during the night but the things that were said for the reason why we're all she knew at the very least. She takes a deep breath as she turns from him now to glance around for materials. She was a bit on edge so the fewer words the better right now as she tries to decide how she would use this weapon to help her out.

Freya Equips:
Reinforced Chisel Head [Tierless/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
In Place of:
Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3

Edited by Freya

Doing his best to simply listen and offer responses where it mattered, Vulcan was stirring about of his own accord. Huffing the ground beneath his feet for ample stones to chew on. "Not true, your mother stole you from me." Griswold offered just this with an adamant voice. Leaving Freya to her own devices as he took a seat upon a rather large looking boulder, as he had when aiding Shiina in her second lessons. Rolling his shoulder for a moment he was content with watching his daughter work, silently eager to see her start swinging around his hammer. There was a tinge of irony clung in his mind, for the weapon she placed away was the very same he had made for her. Vulcan latches on something, the liquid metal begins to pool out of its gullet, and adding a respective mold like a tray causes the familiar to move to it like a dog bowl drooling into it.

ID# 178723 results: Loot: 18, Success! +1 T1 Mat
Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Griswold

Hearing his words, she inspects the hammer further as a chain attaches from the bottom of the hilt. She grins a bit as she glances up at the trees. Hanging from a branch just out of her reach was a bright red apple. She looks at the chain and loosens her grip a bit as her hand traced down the chain. Swinging the hammer now with a tight grip on the chain around in a circular movement, she aims the hammer outward toward the branch, snapping it in have from just brute force alone. The part of the branch falls with the apple still intact, falling to the ground with a thud. Pulling the weapon back to her with the chain, she bends down and plucks the apple from the thin branch. Turning slightly she says "That would make sense why she told Eruda and me to forget your face and everything about you. She didn't want us to know the truth. With that being said I could only assume that you tried to search for us with no luck on your side?" She was already started to feel a bit at ease, "Nice Warhammer by the way." Freya continues to look for what was needed. 

ID# 178728 results: Loot: 12+6=18, Success! 1*Material Gathered
Total Materials: 1/5

Edited by Freya

"Aye, I love your mother but I cannot help but feel a bit betrayed. You have a younger sister." Griswold gave her just a tidbit more information in a bite size. Vulcan kept its dribble into the mold beneath him, the forge master's attentions on him for he could not stomach looking at little Freyja directly. His aged heart hurt a bit as it recalled the past they shared. It cooled and produced on ingot, to which he flips it over and sits. Rubbing a grizzled hand over its surface, removing the flaked impurity from the simple iron. "I looked for what seemed like ages little Freyja, I was a young man without the means to hunt. It's harder to find than it is to hide. I was convinced I would never see you again." slightly pleased that his hammer was proving of use for her, doing what she needed it to as it was forged to do as was her weapon.

ID# 178751 results: Loot: 4, Failed!

Edited by Griswold

Upon the apple tree branch she just knocked down there was another apple placed within the leaves. Picking it up, she checks to make sure it was not damaged and sets it in her bag. "A younger sister..." she raised a brow toward Griswold. Hearing the rest of his words she turns away saying "I sorta made myself forget you..." As bad as it sounded she tries to make sense by adding on. "What mom told us made me so angry at you. I was so furious that I stopped going to school so one day I just decided that instead of being mad...I shut it off. Made myself forget about everything involving you and our little sister apparently. It was just recently that I started getting those memories back starting with your younger face...I know how it sounds but while I was freaking out Eruda disconnected herself from everything and everyone. She couldn't bring herself to forget, I had to..." Freya felt bad now that she did such a thing. Being so quick to believe her mother about everything. Silence fell as she tried to think of her other sister but nothing came to mind and she frowns now..."What is her name?" Her heart started to ache now...

ID# 178752 results: Loot: 18+6=24, Success! 1*Material Gathered
Total Materials: 2/5 

Edited by Freya

Placing the cooled and cleaned ingot into his inventory, he lifts the mold from the soil below him. Upturning it leaves a scattering of slack for the kiln to lap up hungrily like a glutton. "That's fair, but if it's any consolation I never forgot you girls." Griswold boasted tapping Vulcan heavy on its side causing the living rock to buckle a bit. "Your sister is named Anna." he answered her inquiry but giving her what she wanted without overflowing the cup so to speak. He was allowing her to vent, as all good smiths should. Heat is important to maintain, and here was no different. His wisdom showed through his answers here, a grizzled old man finally repairing an almost burned bridge. He silently wondered to himself what it was that Freya was doing out here, what profession she had taken. Eruda had taken to her old man's weapons, what was it that Freya had taken from him?

ID# 178758 results: Loot: 5, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

Her head turns to Griswold now, "I don't take any pride in not remembering you or Anna. Now more than ever I want to but it is going to take some time to do so." Her heart sinks now. She felt really bad now as she turns to not let him see her face. Getting to her knees hoping for another apple inside the branch for easy gather, she found one but it was more mush than a whole. She tossed it to the side and takes a deep breath, "I did a lot of cooking back home, I wanted to see if I could work my magic here too. Eruda was good at cooking too but she sorta lost interest after mom stopped being home most days. For the most part, we raised ourselves. Eruda hit the books and got a job to help with expenses. She had to grow up way too fast, as I was out every night with friends, she was at home studying. Eruda had straight A's as I was hitting C's in high school. She spent every day after school at her job and I, for the most part, fucked off a lot of the time." She was trying to give Griswold a rundown of their life at what he missed. "How is Anna doing?" 

ID# 178759 results: Loot: 2+6=8, Fail!

Edited by Freya

Vulcan still seemed hungry, wandering about the small clearing and singeing some grass in its mouth as it looks eagerly for more stones. Drawing himself carefully to look at his roughened hands while his familiar troughs around. "Take all the time you need Freyja." he spoke with his rough like sandpaper voice from somewhere deep in his chest. It was only a trivial manner that he would listen to her, allowing the world around him to fade. His orders could wait, his forge was beside him and could forage of its own accord. "I was never one for book smarts neither, you girls grew up strong. I could not be happier at who you became in my absence. Anna from what I know before...I got stuck in here. She was doing well, although a bit sickly she seemed to be doing better." The smith offered optimistically, his hope wore on his sleeve but it was uncertain. 

ID# 178768 results: Loot: 4, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

Freya tries her best to figure out this material thing but her thoughts were elsewhere. "Yea I am not sure we were that strong outside this game. This game even though deathly is probably the best thing that has happened to Eruda. I would have been okay if I wasn't here but Eruda is night and day from what she was outside. I didn't even recognize her at first glance. Yea she looked the same but the way she takes on the world now is an entirely different perspective." She thinks about something he said..."Anna was sick?...and how did you end up here in the first place? You don't seem like the gaming type to me. For what it's worth though...I am glad you are here..." With a sigh, she starts looking again and sees a boulder just off inside the tree lines. Looks to the large fired up creature looking for scraps, she walks to the boulder and smashes it into smaller pieces. "Here boy," she calls out to the large dog-looking thing.

ID# 178771 results: Loot: 6+6=12, Fail!

Edited by Freya

His feelings in regards to this game were now heavily mixed, he'd wished to not be trapped here so he could see his youngest. But due to its existence, he had found the oldest twins which a fact he was grateful for. "Hmm, I wonder..." Griswold remarks placing his grizzled hand to his chin, wondering what Eruda must have been like before. All he saw was his blood, the blood of a fighter running through her. If she was someone different before now then what made her see things differently? 

The second question causes him to stir, that very same arm clutching his gruff removed. "Yes Anna is sick, she seems to be getting better though." spoken through faith in her health improving, but the truth was that he did not know how she was as of recent. "Notice that did you, I am not. I am too old for this shit, but I was trying to get it ready for Anna. A surprise so she could experience more than a bedroom. I am too Freyja, minus these stupid tiny menus and their itty bitty keyboards."

ID# 179038 results: Loot: 14, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

"If my question gets too much for you please let me know. I just want to know you and Anna. I spent so much time being mad that I forgot the bigger picture." She sighs a bit and looks to another tree in the distance that looks like it had something in it. Dangling the hammer down again she holds the chain and with another spinning motion, she throws that war hammer toward the tree. It missed the tree and landed into some bushed with a rattle dropping some berries to the ground. "Well that was not what I was intending but I will take what I can get." Picking the red berries up she places them carefully into her satchel and looks to Griswold with another question in mind, "What did you do before this hell. What were you good and what did you hate? Me hmm...I loved cooking and I hated school, simple," she says with a chuckle. She listens for his response while pulling the hammers chain back, now gripping the hilt.

ID# 179040 results: Loot: 15+6=21, Success! 1*Material Gathered
Total Materials: 3/5 

Edited by Freya

Vulcan stirs and fiddles with the stone that Freya had tossed it, bits of the rock becoming liquid and pooling out of its maw. "Not at all Freyja, ask away." He remarks as his daughter aims for some hanging fruit. Gleaning off where she aimed she manages something else entirely. It was commendable to make do with what you are given, a bit philosophical for it mirrored where they were. "I am a metal worker, I work steel. Makes being a blacksmith in here although an adjustment. A smaller one, and school isn't for everyone. I may be a bad father saying this, but I dropped out quite early." he wouldn't say it, but it was in fact due to a sudden pregnancy that he needed to support. He recalled being barely an adult and finding a world of responsibility at his feet, and with pride, he fought tooth and nail to provide for his new family.

ID# 179041 results: Loot: 12, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

"You dropped out, that's sorta funny. I thought for sure that Eruda was going to drop out from how much she was bullied. I probably didn't help the matter though. I really think being shy and talking to no one in school was a crap reason to be picked on. For her friends were not an option but they came very easily for me... too easy. I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most and for that, I still feel bad but here in this game I have not a clue what happened but she is a completely different person and I know for sure that it was not because of me," she says with a small nervous chuckle. Seeing another berry bush nearby, it was a blackberry bush this time. "I wonder what I could possibly make from apples and berries. it doesn't seem like they would go well together." Collecting some blackberries now she starts to look around for some other ingredients that she could gather.

ID# 179042 results: Loot: 16+6=22, Success! 1*Material Gathered
Total Materials: 4/5 

Edited by Freya

Adjusting his butt on the stone beneath him, it was digging into his backside something fierce. Such was the trouble of being so damn heavy. "Eruda strikes me as too smart for that. None of that matters now, what is important is what you do now. You are here for your blood now, as am I. We'll make it through this mess, I won't be going down without a fight." He remarked to instill a sense of 'we are in this together' in Freya. Griswold would take a moment to shift again and offer the girl a shrug. "Beats me, I can't cook for anything. Normally that was Anna's doing. Always wanted the weirdest things: Turmeric, Ginger, Corn Syrup." All things he hadn't a clue what half that crap was and simply had to ask someone to help him find it when she called and gave him the list.

ID# 179051 results: Loot: 6

Edited by Griswold

Freya chuckles a bit saying "Yea I think she got that from me. I would do this thing where I would gather everything I could from the kitchen and make something out of it. Good or bad they always ate it. Their faces were a dead give away though when it wasn't very good." Freya laughs a bit remembering just that. With a sigh, she glances at the berries that she picked just moments ago and they seemed to be fresh out. "Dam picked them all...Maybe I can find a spice of some sort out here." Freya starts glancing at all the plants around as she asks "With Anna being sick, was she still able to do the whole school thing? What was wrong with her if I may ask?" Twisting her lips sideways up her face she continues to the best of her ability to find something of worth.

ID# 179052 results: Loot: 8+6=14, Fail

Edited by Freya

Sharing in her laugh with a hearty bellow from his gut, his size becoming apparent with it. "Maybe. I ain't too picky, whatever Anna made I'd eat. I didn't have a lot in the way of time to sweat what garnish was on my sandwich. Anna was getting pretty damn good at it though, but with that, she was trying new and more weird recipes. It's hard being supportive when you don't know what the hell you are looking at." Griswold chuckles again. "She forbid me from stepping foot in the kitchen." recalling bittersweet memories that made his heart hurt just a little. "She wasn't able to go to school, just one tutor and my apprentice were her only interactions outside of me." he shared with his daughter for a moment, getting stuck on the past that drew him into a slight quiet. A cough "But no she didn't go to school, just reading and cooking. The stuff she could do from home."

ID# 179061 results: Loot: 9, Failure!

Edited by Griswold