[F2 - PP] <<Long Live the Queen>> "Hook, Line, and Stinger"

Long Live the Queen

F*ck..., she thought as she rubbed the knuckles of her index fingers over each of her sleepy eyelids, What time is it...? The sun is still glaring through the window...Does that mean...it's before noon...? Elora seemed to be forcing herself to get out of bed more and more every day since her joining of Firm Anima. She wasn't sure whether or not that was because she was actually driven to accomplish more or simply because she felt like she was expected to contribute a greater amount of collateral to the guild. Either way, she wasn't entirely opposed to having a fuller schedule, aside from the fact that it tended to drain her of energy. 

Elora stretched her arms above her head as Borris unraveled himself from her arm and trickled down her wrist, eventually reforming into his usually bipedal shape once he reached the surface of her mattress. "Ahh -- that's tickles! You need to get better at sleeping on your own, you know", she scolded him only half-seriously. "Well, anyway, I'm not entirely sure what we'll be doing today, but I think taking on a quest with another member of the guild might be fun" Borris nodded in curious affirmation of the idea. "Let's see...", she began by lethargically opening up a player-list from her 'recent encounters' menu, "Already done a few with Freyd and Katoka, done one with Haine and Asmura, Vie -- oh...? Come to think of it, it's been awhile since I've seen Kill. I wonder how he's doing with the engagement" Elora chuckled mischievously at the thought before sending him an invitation to accompany her for the day.

To: @Kiluia Seiko

"Heyyy, so I know that we haven't talked in awhile, but I was wondering if you'd mind helping me with a mission. It's not anything that dangerous, I don't think. Also, aren't you getting married or something? Well, if you're regretting the proposal or just need someone to reflect on your life decisions with, I'm around."

"Uh, yeah, so, meet me on Floor 2 or something."

Elora | HP:560/560 | EN:56/56 | DMG:9 | MIT:8 | ACC:2 | L.M.:2 | KEEN:1

Spoiler

Name: Elora
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 8
Accuracy: 2
L.M.:2
KEEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unnamed Starting Weapon (T1 Rare 2HAS, ACC 1, DMG 1)
Armor: Auspicious Gi (T1 Rare Light Armor, LM 2)
Misc: Justicar's Vambraces (T1 Rare Trinket, ACC 1, KEEN 1

Skills:
2H Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Finesse 2

Battle Ready Inventory:
T1 Healing Potions*5
Teleportation Crystal*5
Galaxial Water Snake*1
Requires Dimensional Backpack
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Elora

Floor one was where the man was located at. Since the early start of the morning, he had been picking out produce at the vendors. He wanted first crack at the freshest of the fresh to ensure the best quality. His schedule had been set in stone for quite some time now since he had a daily routine with the family and his shop. It wasn’t long before time started to move faster than he had anticipated. The penguin was close to him as it was warned like a child that if it was off galivanting without permission, she would go without lunch. The sudden ping of a message appeared before him almost making him drop the item he had been inspecting.

Hand moved up and he read the message relatively quickly. It was made aware that the others had discovered their engagement. It wasn’t a secret or anything and Haine wasn’t exactly the secretive type as she was caught wandering around staring at the ring on occasion like it was a dream. He casually yawned a bit typing up his answer.

Heyo. Seems like word gets around quick. I'll meet you there to hang out and catch up.

Kiluia

Then he was off to floor 2 to engage himself with another friend he hadn’t seen in awhile.

Spoiler

Kiluia, White Lightning
Level: 53
HP: 1090/1090
EN: 106/106

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 2
BLD:36
REC:1
KEEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Destructive Wrath (T3/Perfect/Handwrap): Keen, Bleed 1, Absolute Accuracy
Armor: Osiris's Shade (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Rose of Truth (T3/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter R3
Survival

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal *1
T3 Toxic Venom -170823*1
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Titan's Strength DMG +3 164231-2*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Elora read Kil's message and suddenly threw her sheets off of her and shot up from her bed. "Oh, sh*t -- I wasn't expecting him to respond so quickly! I need to get ready!" She quickly looked to Borris as if he could offer her any help. The rock golem simply shrugged and began to scuttle toward the door. "Hang on! I know that you don't have to wear clothes, but I do! Give me a few seconds to get ready!" Only a matter of moments passed before Elora was able to open her menu and change into her usual attire. The system caused a series of fairy lights to spin around her, dissipating as they floated upwards to reveal her clean outfit and styled hair. She found herself becoming bored of the monotonous morning routine, although it took little effort on her part. One of these days I'm gonna have a reason to wear something else, nodded Elora to herself as she hurried out the door, stooping down to grab her eager familiar who was already on his way out.

Edited by Elora

The second floor was just as the same as he had always left it. High altitudes and a colder atmosphere made him happy that his armor kept him warmer most of the time. The memory of breaking the boulder’s were always there as he helped a ton of people with their capabilities of gaining the skill. He had no reason to decline. Amber eyes would scan the surveying area spying the stalls still had items he could mull over. The way the produce was made raised and cultivated here was different than most other places due to the hardened soil and the brisk weather.

While his thoughts drifted down memory lane, he was able to find produce like it was second nature to him. It was automatic how his hands moved to check the firmness of the vegetable and the condition of it. He would brush pass other adventurers while looking for more until Elora come.

The earthy smells and sounds of low-lying deciduous forests and babbling spring-fed brooks overtook Elora's senses the moment she teleported into Urbos. Sunlight spilled over the horizon and trickled down the mountainside, shedding a scattered light into the steppe below. Combined with the cool breeze shaking dewdrops from the curled leaves of spindly plants, it still felt like morning in the little village she'd visited once before. Elora found herself sighing in content as she basked in the tranquility of such a familiar climate. It all felt so -- well, like home. 

She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her trousers before taking to meandering through the criss-crossed cobblestone streets in search of her guildmate. I wonder if he's even here yet. Maybe I showed up too early? Happening upon the central square's bustling marketplace, she spotted a familiar head of shaggy white hair. Thankful for the man's recognizable appearance, Elora called out with hands cupped around her mouth, "Kil!"

e59324bedf58d93ec67728e8ff5e9c10.thumb.jpg.62dc78688e6e84e7539a43e61a235533.jpg

Slender figure had been leaning over a cart of distinguishable fruits and vegetables native to the game and some native to reality. He had been caught in a daze wondering how he was going to endure making new recipes with these foreign tastes he had been avoiding lately. “Hmm..” He tapped his chin as he kept lingering between the red tomato and the square looking brown potato. He had figured out that they had looked like their counterparts, but the taste was far off from what he had originally anticipated.  
Ears perked slightly as he realized someone had called his name. His figure straightened out and his amber orbs glanced around the surveying area obscured by his white locks. The green haired lass had already made it to the second floor as he had been diving for bargains. “Heyo.” He spoke and waved to her. The breeze had managed to caress his white locks causing them to sway a bit while making movements to her. He hadn’t seen her in a good minute. “What’s up? Haven’t seen you in awhile.”

Closing the gap between them, Elora greeted Kiluia in turn, "Hey. I'm glad that I was able to find you. Everything's been alright with me, but how about you? You're getting MARRIED!" Her arms reached out as she gestured excitedly toward him with splayed fingers. "I'm actually kind of surprised Haine isn't here with you", considering for a moment, she continued, "Wonder if Katoka's taken her out to shop for a dress today. I heard they had plans for -- er, I don't know if I was supposed to spoil that --" 

Geez, I've been talking a lot, haven't I? I should give him a chance to say something. Nervous energy seemed to emanate from her as she hyperactively bounced on her heels and circled around the produce stand while she spoke. It probably had something to do with, well, what Kil said -- that they hadn't seen each other in a long time. Conversation felt quite a bit less natural with him than it with some of the other guild members. Still, she found herself being thankful that they weren't strangers. Talking would likely become easier as they went about completing the quest. 

Edited by Elora
  • 2 weeks later...

Her behavior was contagious. A smile graced his features as he placed his hand behind his head nodding. “Yea. I’m getting married.” He laughed slightly before speaking again. “I literally don’t know if I’m ready for this but I popped the question because I knew what I wanted. I just hope she’s ready for this too.” He walked with her hearing the word dress. A grin slightly appeared on his face as he was excited to hear about what was happening with a dress. It seemed though she wasn’t going to loosen her lips. He would just have to wait to see his beloved in a dress.

He walked with her and poked her shoulder. “So you joined the guild… and in my division no less. I was kinda shocked to see that.” He scratched his head slightly before looking at her again. “But that’s okay. I’m happy to have you aboard! And of course, I will provide you with some desserts I made. You rang for help?”

"Well, she said 'yes', didn't she? That must mean that she's ready to make the same commitment", Elora insisted naively before adding, "Have the two of you known each other for very long?" She assumed that Haine and him must have meet in-game, especially since that seemed to be the case for many of the other players she'd held short conversations with. "If I'm being honest", she began after he had introduced the subject of the guild, "I don't even remember what my division was. Am I supposed to be doing something with that?" Her leisurely tone shifted to one that contained traces of nervousness. It was probably best not to mention that she had also neglected to make any progress in practicing her profession.

With a quiet chuckle, she started, "Yeah, and if I remember correctly, you still owe me something mint-flavored" Elora waved a gloved hand to imply that she was only teasing. It really wasn't a big deal. "I was hoping you could help me with completing a quest on this floor. I didn't look into all that much. Sounds like we just have to squish a big bug or something -- and it doesn't seem very strong"