Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
<<Blue Bangle>> [T1/Perfect/Jewelry]: Recovery II | Evasion I

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

<<Earning a Living>>

The seventh floor wasn't a place she had visited before. However, one of the people who worked a restaurant on the first floor had suggested a man by the name of Gaius. She was told that while he was a weird one he was nicknamed the "Best Chef in Aincrad". No matter what he was like, Blueberry was eager to learn to make good food from such a person. Wearing her cobalt blue attire, she ventured across the rolling hills of the seventh floor to reach the homely little shop. She had gone and received the quest from Maggie so she could come here and learn to make the food.

The door to the small building, her eyes swarmed by the sudden random assortment of goods that met her eyes. Her nostrils were filled with the smell of baked goods. This was the place. This was where she would learn to make the best tasting desserts. Her mouth watered just at the thought. "Hi hi!" She announced, her second hi drawing on for much longer than the first. She wondered what the "Best Chef in Aincrad" would be like. She didn't doubt her sources. "I'm looking to be taught how to make good food?" She asked in a questioning voice. 

ID:194698 
LD:14
Materials 1/5

Edited by Blueberry

Lively as always the tables littered with numerous and lazy ass patrons that instead of doing anything remotely productive with their respective time, chose instead to lounge about his shop and spend every damn coin they owned on vanity food produced by the cook by accident. It was five star, it was amazing and Gaius. Hated every damn minute of it. Searing up his own morning breakfast in the back, a ring of the bell alerts him to the entryway and the shop front. "Yeah I'm in this side." Gaius barks out through a tiny slotted window overlooking the bar counter and stools.

A myriad of faces adorned these rounded tables that broke up the main floor, three or four in all. A glaive still perched precariously on his kitchen countertop with the remnants of meals still half finished that hadn't quite suited his palette. A tiny little thing in a cobalt blue hoodie looking thing. "You kinda are way too high up for that shit, Maggie is way lower and is a bit of a doosh." he commented loosely about the teacher he school'd by accident.

Gaius | HP:640/640 | EN:64/64 | DMG:15 | MIT:36 | H.M.:4 | LD:3

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 32
HP: 640/640
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 36
H.M.:4
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Journey [2HAS] (T2/Perfect) Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dragoon's Plate MK. II [Heavy] (T2/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Following the sound of the barked order, she would find Gaius to be speaking through a slot above the bar counter. Unsure of whether he wanted her to enter or not, it was here that she stopped. 

"You kinda are way too high up for that shit, Maggie is way lower and is a bit of a doosh."

His voice was rough and stern and certainly his tongue had no restraint. It was almost surprising to her. However, she had met people like this before. Beaming with a smile the girl would reply, "Yeah, but I heard you were the best chef in Aincrad! Anyone would be dumb to not want to learn from you!" She tilted her head slightly to the left, sticking the tip of her tongue out of her mouth. "My name is Blueberry. I want to learn how to make good desserts!" She restated her intentions, wondering if unwavering confidence would win him over. She was using several different methods to try to befriend the man. 

'It is a bit weird though, why would a chef be so gruff? Aren't they supposed to be happy to make happy food?' Electric light blue eyes looked up at the large man, pleading slightly. 

194699 LD:7

Edited by Blueberry

The meal he was working on with two final strips of bacon sliding off the pan to an oval shaped piece of ceramic. "Damn right I am. But I am no teacher, that is what earning a living is for. I got orders to fill and people to serve. And I hate it." spoken as he drops a white apron to the side as he kills a burner. The patrons within the place seem to sink in their chairs, expecting him to fly off the handle once again. He vanishes in the opening before a pair of swinging double doors flail open, in his hands was a meal fit for four. "They call me Gaius. with a name like that your parents must have hated you." he remarked sitting on one of the stools in front of the bar. Leaning forward and grabbing a carafe and a mug from behind it, a stream of dark brown begins to enter the glass.

She watched as the large man burst through the double doors, carrying enough food to feed six of her. He sat on one of the bar stools beside her and began to pour what she assumed to be coffee into his glass. He certainly was more stubborn than she originally anticipated him to be, but the more someone refused her, the more she wanted it. He might not have also been aware, but she released information which might have been his weakness. Her cute face for once had failed her in getting what she wanted, so she would have to take a different approach to getting him to be her helpful friend. 

First however, she would have to address the issue with her username. "You are welcome to call me Blue or Berry if that suits you more." She sat at the barstool beside him, facing herself towards him. Flattery hadn't failed... entirely at least. 

"Maggie has no real talent though. Even if you aren't a teacher, I would be so much better off learning from you. And besides, wouldn't it be nice to take a load off for a moment and tell someone else what to make?" If he didn't take this bait, she wasn't sure if it would be possible. It was so far, the best thing she could come up with his personality. It was unique from anything she had met before. A gruff, lazy, self-absorbed man with a knack for eating large amounts of food. "So how about it?"

194700 LD:15

Mats: 2/5

Edited by Blueberry

Taking a solid drink of his coffee fully focused on his meal instead of this seeming child at his side, picking up a stick of bacon. "You don't really take a hint to well. Alright Blue, Maggie is an idiot. If I was so bad at cooking." He looked at the rest of the tavern, as a woman drops her fork. "Then these lazy good for nothing's wouldn't be playing stump in those seats. And yeah you might be better learning of someone with more than a single brain cell."

he'd look at her more closely with another sip of his coffee. "So let me get this straight, you just barge in here wanting me to teach you? Then offer to cook for these goons instead of me having to do it. I don't want to tell you what to do and I don't want you wasting away playing chef for a bunch of pansies. You wanna cook, then cook. But it damn well be because you want to." One more drink of his coffee, he drops a cook book down on the counter as if letting a weight fall.

She watched as he referenced to the people sitting in his lobby area as lazy good for nothings. That didn't sit too well with her. She was the same way, someone who liked to sit down and enjoy a meal as if it were a work of art. His words of course made perfect sense to him, but to her it was just a further testament to his stubbornness. However, she was just as stubborn.

He set a cook book down on the table, but she made no attempt to pick it up. "I do want to cook. I want to learn to make the tasty treats that only top-tier chefs can make. I can eat them when they are made from any other chef, but the dessert's flavor is limited to the chef's creativity. You're right, I don't take a hint too well. Neither are you though. I'm not looking to make mediocre dishes, I want to make the best desserts in Aincrad!" She came to a stand, pointing her finger in his direction. "And I might eat those dishes, but they will serve their purpose." She lowered her hand, eyes casting to the group of people waiting on Gaius to make food. She wanted to make food that was good enough to be waited on. 

Even if some asshole cook wouldn't help her she would manage it somehow. Then she would prove herself to that asshole and win his friendship over with her tenacity. 

ID:194701 LD:1

Edited by Blueberry

Placing another strip of bacon in his mouth while she went on and on about her dream and hopes. "Then why are you still talking about it." Gaius remarked rather bluntly. "There's a book right here, and behind those doors is a kitchen. You ain't making shit until you start." pulling hard at the piece of meat with a snap, he'd chew and reach for his cup of joe again. If this girl wanted to be a chef then she should reach for it. "I didn't need Maggie to wipe my ass, you don't need me wiping yours. So you wanna cook, stop staring at me and get to it." spoken as his eyes widen and he licks his teeth inside his mouth. "Tell you what, when it's done I'll give it a try. But don't expect me to lie to you if it sucks." spoken as he reaches for a fork and opens his menu looking at the guild chat screaming past like a newspaper. Turns out when people got angry enough at him, the tend to figure out what they want and what they were willing to do rather quickly.

"Then why are you still talking about it."

"Eh?"

"There's a book right here, and behind those doors is a kitchen. You ain't making shit until you start."

"Oh I just ummm..."

"I didn't need Maggie to wipe my ass, you don't need me wiping yours. So you wanna cook, stop staring at me and get to it."

"Oh, okay." 

The girl darted into the double doors, her eyes meeting a lavish assortment of ingredients and a space for her to do her work. Looking around at first glance, it seemed it would have been easy for her to have made something with meat. He wouldn't be too angry about her using just a small bit of his ingredients would he? Of course, if he did she would gladly return any item she used to him. 'I should make something simple like a Blueberry Pie. Of course, I doubt finding the ingredients in a place like this is going to work too well.' 

She flipped into the dessert section of the book, scanning out the typical recipe for on such treat. She reached into the nearest cabinet, finding the first and easiest item to find. Flour. Reaching up, she would find she was a tad too short to reach into the cabinet and she doubted Gaius kept one sitting around. Climbing onto the counter with her knees she would reach up and grab the item. One of the ingredients had been found.

173539 LD:17+3=20. Material Found.

3/5 Materials Gathered.

Edited by Blueberry

Shaking his head and looking back as the girl vanished into his kitchen, it was unlikely that she'd do any more harm to it than he did. The patrons seemed intrigued and invested in what was happening, as this was out of place in the norm of the tavern. Taking a bite of his eggs he can feel their eyes on his back. He snaps around with a glare like a wild animal "What? Did you get a staring problem? Eat your damn food before I kick your ass out of here." he yelped out in irritation before returning to his meal. Normally by now, he'd already been long done with this meal, but oddly enough was taking him much longer. Slowly chewing and looking through the chatbox as a sudden message regarding a tank flew through. "Kid?" Gaius remarked quietly as rattling of pots and pans in his kitchens seemed to not bother him.

She took a good look into the cabinet to see if there was anything else she could have possibly needed in it. Spotting sugar, she made sure to grab that out as well before hopping down from the counter. Following down the list to the next ingredient. Butter. Supposedly it helped make the pie crust flaky which would enhance the flavor. Moving over to where the refrigerated goods were located, she would peer inside. Finding the butter, she would pull it out and set it next to the rest of her ingredients. "Nice!" She exclaimed quietly with a smile. She now had everything for the crust, save for water, rolling pin, and mixing bowl. However, in a few swift dashes to each side of the kitchen, she would procure them. She didn't want to make Gaius not able to use his kitchen for an extended period of time. Knowing him even for a little bit told her that his patience would eventually wear thin. 

173547 8 4 19 10 Blueberry http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Gathering Materials 2020-10-18 23:46:36

4/5 Materials Gathered.

Reading the message carefully it was from ChaseR, the kid had sent a message through and Gaius could not help but wonder what trouble he got himself in. This was removed with a few pitter patters of a soft step followed by a yelp of:

"Nice!"

The girl seemed to be fairing alright in there, the sounds of her hustling back and forth within the place sounding back. Pleased with himself he takes the final drop of coffee out of the mug before pouring out another. The patrons finished their own meals and brought empty plates to the edge of the counter, handing him some coin and moving on. He sets down his cup and scoops them up, ushering into the kitchen and placing them into the sink gently with a tiny butt sticking halfway out of the fridge. It was then he looked up into one of the cupboards, opening it and removing a jar of lemon zest. Placed next a white bowl filled with butter, he wanders back out.

With as focused as she was on making items in the unfamiliar kitchen, she did not notice the man enter the kitchen. As she brought over the last item, she looked up noticing the door tot he kitchen slowly closing. A confused frown found its home on her face as she looked around for what had changed. That's when her electric blue eyes caught sight of it. A jar next to her preparation materials. She dashed over to it, taking a look at the unfamiliar contents. 'Lemon zest? The recipe didn't call for that, but I suppose I could make a lemon crust.' 

She slowly began adding the ingredients to the bowl, ensuring to put just the right amount of water. She added just enough for it to be able to clump. With the crust dough made up, she quickly began to get to work on rolling it out. She was getting closer to completing her creation. 

10 10 4 Blueberry Rolls used HERE Searching for Quest Material 2020-10-26 09:07:57

4/5 Materials Gathered.

A bit of that would keep it from being so damn sweet it would make you sick afterward, he was a tad interested in how she'd fair. But this was the ideal way to learn, developing your own methods and fucking up in the process. Taking his seat again, notably the shop was now empty and as he opened his chat menu there were more requests and responses riddling throughout the thing. Always so damn busy Gaius thought to himself, preparing a bit of tea from a produced white percaline with platter. Normally he lets his breakfast settle and goes out walking the floors, but was a bit curious if he'd have a tavern left afterward. He'd be here to put out the fire if one were to start, simply so he had a place to sleep later. Adding from a jar a few dried leaves into a small wire mesh of metal.

She sat in her front of her bowl for a moment, examining the work she had managed to accomplish. She took a quick glance around the room to ensure there were no peeking eyes before she dipped her finger into the mixture she had just created. She brought her finger up to her lips, licking it for a taste test. 

"Yeck!"

Was the sound she blurted out upon tasting it. It was far too sour. After several moment of cringing from the sourness of the mixture, she pondered changing it. However, she decided against it in hopes that the pie itself would counter it and make it taste better. She knew what tasted good, not how to cook exactly. She supposed learning would all come down to trial and error for finding the right ingredients that came together. She wiped her finger onto her pants before taking a look up once again from her work. It was time for her to find the next ingredients. 

177314 LD:3+3
Newp.

4/5 Materials Gathered

• 4 weeks later...

Packing them tight within the little weighted fishing bobber looking object, it closes shut and he leans his head into the kitchen to watch a little scatterbrain zooming around through the place. "See down there on the right." He gestures to his immediate right through the opening. "That's where all the dry stuff is kept, and that box in the left corner is more frozen things." He grabs a single pot of hot water that was instantly complete, the miracle of game cooking. He leans back through and shakes his head, pouring the steaming hot liquid over the cup to produce a morning brew to complement the breakfast he'd ate. This was a bit of a learning experience for her it seemed, but 'aincrads best chef' was eager to see how it turned out. This was increasing with every passing second, who knew what would come of this: a catastrophe or she might just get it.

The door creaked, letting her know of the arrival of a guest. Or... if she was the guest then it was the arrival of the true owner. Her electric blue eyes fluttered up to meet his figure. Unlike earlier, he now seemed a lot less annoyed. Perhaps that was the power of a decent breakfast. From there, Gaius pointed in the direction of where she may find various items. She nodded, continuing to watch him as he made a steaming mug of coffee as he eyed her and her work. 

"I have a feeling it'll be a lot easier when I have my own kitchen." She tried for a playful smile, but she was unsure of how the grump would react to it. Her eyes turned to where he had said where the dry items were. 'I do need sugar still... I suppose I can find it over there.' One foot in front of the other, she would begin to head in that direction. 

179756 LD:7+3=10
4/5 Materials Gathered

ugh.

• 2 months later...

The rattling of shelves proves the girl was still shaking the shelves, as she storms into the back. Gaius cannot help but shake his head as head as heard his pantry wiggle with the tiny pitter patter clacking on his floor. "Yeah, I bet it will. You find whatever your after?" Gaius asked of the girl through a hole of the cluttered structure, barely glancing over her head in the gap. He manages only to see a twist of a pink haired head, as it flounders away between the labyrinth of shelving. The dragoon eyeballs the shelves, and looks down the length at the lump of stuff on the counter. She was getting close, but it was clear she was completely lost in a full sized kitchen designed to feed multiple people. He wanders to the countertop, taking a sip of the brew in his clutches. "hmm, got a thing for fruit?" He asks back to her.

A voice came from the hole in the wall, bringing the Pink-haired girl back to focus as she was surprised by the sudden sound. Almost jumping our of her skin, she would turn to the source of the noise, biting her lip. 

"Yeah, I bet it will. You find whatever your after?"

"Eep!" 

She clutched the front of her shirt, feeling her heart pounding as she stared the main in the face. A sigh of relief escapes. "No... this kitchen is impossibly big and I can't find anything. I'm honestly not even sure how you find anything." She gave a defeated look, watching as he moved over to see her work as of yet. As he mentioned her fruit, she flashed him a bright smile. "My favorite color is blue! And I like blueberries! So I guess I have a 'thing' for them!" She presented what she had managed to accomplish thus far. 

"It's going to be a blueberry pie, but I can't seem to find any materials...." 

Edited by Blueberry

Gaius rounds back into the pantry, without a word plucking a few objects from the back room. "I haven't done this shit before, but let's see. Maybe you're the visual type...." He begins to work the pile of crap she'd placed around, with an odd precision by comparison to his normal. It was almost too quick to follow his hands, popping the complete thing into the oven and turning that shit up to 11, he throttles it in a weird and brash way to cook it quicker without burning it. Popped out with his bare ass hand, he complains in regards to the numbness in his hands before jamming them under a sink. "Take some, try it. Get a sense of what you're shooting for. You might just need a break, to think. Figure your shit out. This seemed right enough, might as well taste what you're making. It's how I can make shit, who knows, maybe you're like me. Which would make you 100% a better chef than..." He paused and looked down to the running faucet turning it off. "Maggie."

Given to Blueberry:
Lemon Berry Palmiers (Loot Dice +3: 175861)