[F2-PP] Testing Her Leadership (Venomous Warg)

Eruda had a few days of gathering herself after finding her sister Freya. She has seen the guild messages flowing from Freya as she quested with several. Now it was her turn, to take charge. Eruda knows that Raidou has been very busy like her always has been so Eruda made an executive decision to bring Freya on the same quest that Raidou had taken her and every other original Firm Anima member. More or less of a test that would prove if the member was going to be reliable on the battlefield. Prove that Freya could be trusted to listen to orders when they are given by either tank. Being in the guildhall, Eruda adjusts her armor and glances through her inventory. She starts composing a message to Freya:

Meet me on floor 2, come prepared. Use the guildhall's vault to acquire what you think you might need. Time is of the essence. 
Eruda

Eruda heads out of the building to floor 2 where she will meet Freya, with the chime of her HUD as the message was sent. Eruda knew how stubborn her sister could be but she was hoping that when push came to shove and they were in a very dangerous situation that Freya was able to stay calm and listen. From everything that Freya has been through, Eruda thought that this test would be more than appropriate. Eruda makes her way down to floor 2 while she waits.

Arriving on floor 2, Eruda stands next to the quest board and decides to keep Raidou in the loop as she sends him a message as well saying: 

I am putting Freya through the same test that you gave me and the rest of Firm Anima. I wanted to keep you updated, I also know that you are very busy these days so I decided to take this off your to-do list.
Eruda 

Moments later she gets a response saying:

I'll be monitoring your progress from here, make sure you're prepared in full and do not let her succeed without the proper requirements. I believe you're up to the task, Eruda. I believe in you.
Raidou

With a small nod and a smile, she whispers to herself "Thank you," as she closes out her menu and waits.

Eruda | HP:770/770 | EN:74/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 37
HP: 770/770
EN: 74/74

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 99
BH:15
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
Battle Healing [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Freya was on floor 1 out in the fields, sitting under a tree with her eyes closed and legs crossed. After her steamed discussion with Gaius. After fighting and defeating something that they could not have possibly done without Raidou present there. Either one of them could have died that day. Freya was thinking back to the conversation that she and Gaius had. It was hard for her to come to terms with such things. The voice in her head, the visions or memories that she has been seeing and completely random intervals. Everything present was making it harder and harder for Freya to think straight. For her to concentrate, she remembers what Gaius had said about breathing, just stop and take a breath. She was seeing her father for the first time in a very long time through nothing but a memory. 

Her HUD chimes with all these mixed feelings, looking to see who it was, Eruda. Maybe she could help a bit...After the discussion of disappointment with Raidou, she didn't want to make anyone else mad. She does what Eruda says, getting to her feet with a sigh, she heads back to town and goes to the warp gate traveling to Floor 22 to gather a few items for prep for whatever Eruda was planning. Getting to the guildhall she gathers those items from the vault and heads back to the floor 22's town and gets to the warp gate. Traveling to floor two like Eruda had told her to go, she sees her sister standing by the quest board. She eats what she had gotten from the vault quickly before approaching Eruda. 

Consumes Well-Done Steak (Protein 2) and Poached Egg (ACC 2)

Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 14
HP: 280/280
EN: 28/28

Stats:
Damage: 10
Mitigation: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya

Seeing Freya now she walks toward her. "I hope you are doing okay today because we are going on a quest, together. It has been a while and I need to see where you stand. Come," Eruda says as she grabs the quest from the board and shares it with Freya, with it a party invite as well. "We will be facing a large snapper, the venomous warg with a few wolves gathered at his side." She starts to talk as they walk together explaining the content of the quest to Freya. "Your task for this quest will be to target only the big creature. Nothing else, I will keep the rest at bay while you do so. You will also keep calm while doing so." Eruda stands now by Gatsly home now saying, "Talk to Gatsly so we can move forward." Eruda leans against the wall of the open building while she waits for Freya to do what she has asked.

Eruda approaches her with all the demands. She spoke with something in her voice that Freya has never heard from her before. Freya comes to realize now that the time that Eruda has spent in this game, it has changed her. Eruda brought off a form of leadership, something that she had heard in Raidou's voice when she was questing with him. Walking with Eruda as she tells her what she had to do, she gets a bit confused saying "What if I don't meet what you ask of me, or I lose control in the middle of everything?" For Freya, this was a legit question. She had just started her meditation exercises and she was not sure she was ready for such a task yet. She talks to Gatsly as Eruda asked after excepting everything that was sent from her. Having a conversation with this almost scared fella, she glances at her map as the log updates her quest.

As Freya walks out of the building, Eruda starts heading to the area that Raidou had taken her for the same quest. "If you do not, you will be kicked from the guild. You will be marked as a dangerous target to work with, and you will no longer be in this guild. You will not be trusted to quest with us as you are unable to follow the simplest of tasks and are not able to follow orders from the people giving you them." She doesn't look at Freya while she says this. She knew that what was said to her had to be said whether she liked it or not, no feelings attached. "Prove your worth, and you will be able to stay." Eruda walks out the front gates of this town and walks into the clearing where the Warg would be spawning. She takes her sword and shield out and readies herself for what was to come. 

"Dam Eruda," is all Freya manages to get out before Eruda walks away heading for the task at hand. Catching up to Eruda, Freya starts to focus herself. -Kill the Warg and keep calm- Freya thinks to herself on repeat while they walk into the clearing. Taking out her scythe now, placing the blade against her hip as she waits. In the corner of her eye, she sees a blue wolf walk to Eruda's side and rubs against her leg with a small coo. Raserei, Eruda's familiar, she thinks to herself as she glances outward. Eruda turns to her with sincere eyes before walking into the trees. Freya follows her into the tree line as she starts to hear howling from within the trees around then. A bush moves to her right and then to the left. Three wolfs jump out growling at them. Freya glances at each one, taking a deep breath as she keeps herself controlled even though they seem to be surrounded. The big guy has yet to show himself, as Freya waits for him to spawn with the others.

Eruda wanted Freya to pass but she was unable to control Freya's action. All she could do was have faith that her sister was in control of whatever was inside of her. Hearing the growls and watching as the wolves slowly paced around the two. Eruda was only focused on one spot though, a shadow that moved from behind a tree. "Get Ready, Raserei," her wolf starts to circle around Eruda and walks a few feet away. A low growl from her maw as a small fire ignites beneath Eruda and Raserei's feet. A large beast comes out from behind the trees now. It looked a bit bigger than when she fought it but that was fine with her. The moment the last creature comes into view Eruda calls out "Flame up" to her pup. The blue wolf turns transparent and runs at Eruda jumping through her body. Landing on the other side of Eruda with a growl and a slide against the dirt. With the instant connection, a burst of flame eliminated from both Raserei and Eruda. Right then Eruda focus on all 4 of the enemies as the flames draw a form of line around all and turn into a wall of fire. The wolve intensely focuses their attention on Eruda moving slightly away from the flame that makes them feel almost trapped now.

Eruda uses Howl  

Players:
Eruda | HP:770/770 | EN:66/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
HP:40/40 | DMG:25
[4,0] Wolf 2| 
[4,0] Wolf 3| 
[4,0] Venom Snapper | HP:150/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage on MD 9-10

Edited by Eruda
  • 3 weeks later...

Freya sees the blue flames engulf all the wolves and the bigger one. Freya walks to the flames and touches then as it wasn't hot at all, it was most likely because it wasn't aimed toward her, thank god. Stepping back from the fire now she concentrated on the task at hand. She closes her eyes and her body flashes green for a moment before her target was set. The big guy is all she needed to hit. Taking a deep breath slowly letting it out she notices her Scythe glow and with a smile, she darts through the fire now toward the biggest creation inside the walls. With 3 fowl sweeps of the creature, Freya darts back out of the flaming wall of blue fire and breaths a bit hard. She didn't notice till now that inside the walls of these blue flames it felt humid. Like she couldn't breathe. Turning toward the pack now she gets ready for another attack. Hearing the big guy yelp in pain as she was already gone, a grin paints across Freya's lips.

Right then the creatures start to charge at Eruda. Eruda had no issues knocking them all back from her. One of their attacks though caused the flames to go wild and attack it like thunder. That one wolf cries out in pain as the others back away slowly.

Activating Crimson Blood and Concentration

ID# 177897 results: Battle: 5+6-1=10 Hit! vs Venom Snapper Dealing 10*6=60 Damage

ID# 177898 results: MOB: 6, Hits! Wolf 1 vs Eruda Dealing 25-99 MIT=1 Damage, Activation of Thorns dealing 36 Damage to itself
ID# 177899 results: MOB: 1, Miss! Wolf 2 vs Eruda
ID# 177900 results: MOB: 5, Miss! Wolf 3 vs Eruda
ID# 177901 results: MOB: 5, Miss! Venom Snapper vs Eruda

Players:
Eruda | HP:769/770 | EN:66/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
HP:4/40 | DMG:25
[4,0] Wolf 2| 
[4,0] Wolf 3| 
[4,1] Venom Snapper | HP:90/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage 

Edited by Freya

Battle heal activates healing her to full

Eruda holds her ground as she knew what would be coming next. With the flames by her side, she reflected each as one took damage from her thorns. Taking a swipe of her own at the big guy, he moves ever so slightly making her miss. Eruda smirks just a bit as she gets back into a defensive position. They could do nothing to her and Eruda knew this. She was more focused right now on what her sister was capable of. "You're doing well Freya, keep it up," she says encouraging words hoping that it would help keep her focused on the big picture. All though with a second glance, Freya seemed to be having no issues right now. Smiling as she hoped that Freya had changed a bit from her rather violent interaction just weeks prior to this day with Sam. All she could do was hope for the best.

Activates Concentration and Rising Sun

ID# 177902 results: Battle: 5+1-1=5, Miss! vs Venom Snapper, Craft: 11 (REC Proc +2 Energy)

Players:
Eruda | HP:770/770 | EN:67/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
[4,0] Wolf 2| 
[4,0] Wolf 3| 
[5,1] Venom Snapper | HP:90/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage on MD 9-10

Edited by Eruda
  • 2 weeks later...

Concentration [1/3]

Freya slices into the large creature without hesitation after hearing Eruda's words. With pleasure, she tears into the giant snapper and takes a great deal of his health but a third still remained. The other wolves including the snapper charge at Eruda. With ease, she backlashes them with her shield to make some distance but 2 of them manage to get through. One dies from the flames used for her thorns and the other also get stricken by the blue flames for thorn damage. Freya sees one of them die and her eyes widen. "Eruda, I did what you have asked and the big guy still stands. You said that the snapper had to die first. What does this mean for me?" Freya's starts to panic a bit but closes her eyes to calm her nerves as she really didn't want to be kicked out of this guild.

ID# 178682 results: Battle: 6+5-1=10, Hit! vs Venom Snapper Dealing 10*6=60 Damage

ID# 178683 results: MOB: 8, Hits! Wolf 1 vs Eruda Dealing 25-99 MIT=1 Damage, Activation of Thorns dealing 36 Damage to itself
ID# 178684 results: MOB: 7, Hits! Wolf 2 vs Eruda Dealing 25-99 MIT=1 Damage, Activation of Thorns dealing 36 Damage to itself
ID# 178685 results: MOB: 3, Miss! Wolf 3 vs Eruda
ID# 178686 results: MOB: 1, Miss! Venom Snapper vs Eruda

Players:
Eruda | HP:768/770 | EN:67/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:17/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
HP:-32/40 | DMG:25
[4,0] Wolf 2| 
[4,0] Wolf 3| 
[5,2] Venom Snapper | HP:30/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage on MD 9-10

Edited by Freya

Battle Healing activates for 15 health
Concentration [1/3]

Thinking back to when she did this with Raidou she remembers him not killing the little ones until the big one was dead. He didn't mention why so her mind races back to the note taken by Raidou on the sheet of paper on the guildhall table. Then it clicks that if the big guy didn't die first then he would get a new attack pattern. One that would hit both parties. She chuckles a bit with this information and looks to Freya now after her attack of the strike remains against no target. "Freya, you did nothing wrong. This minion dying just means that this fight is going to get a bit more interesting. I want you to kill all of them at the same time. If they all die on your next attack then he will not get a chance to use his new move. Kill them all Freya..."  

ID# 178691 results: Battle: 5+1-1=5, Miss! vs Venom Snapper, Craft: 2 (REC No Proc)

Players:
Eruda | HP:770/770 | EN:68/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:17/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
HP:-32/40 | DMG:25
[4,0] Wolf 2| 
[4,0] Wolf 3| 
[5,2] Venom Snapper | HP:30/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage on MD 9-10

Edited by Eruda

Concentration [2/3]

Listening to Eruda words and giving a small not she holds her scythe out from her hip waiting for it to charge. A small vibration as and she looks down with a grin, her weapon was fully charged. "Now that I can do," she says as she runs within the walls of fire, sliding and sweeps her weapon right to left and uppercuts the last. Beams of energy fly from her weapon as each creature explodes on contact. The blue flames that made the walls around Freya fade into nothing. Looking to Eruda as she does a little twirl with her Scythe and puts it away. The forest falls silent as the beasts have fallen once more. "Can we talk now, that is if I passed your little test?" Walking toward Eruda now she sits on a stump next to her sister's feet. Raserei seeing no more threats at the moment walks to Freya and rubs her head against her leg with a cooing sound.

ID# 178692 results: Battle: 4+5=9, Hit! vs Wolf 2 Dealing 10*6=60 Damage, Killing it
ID# 178693 results: Battle: 3+5=8, Hit! vs Wolf 3 Dealing 10*6=60 Damage, Killing it
ID# 178694 results: Battle: 5+5-1=9, Hit! vs Venom Snapper Dealing 10*6=60 Damage, Killing it

Players:
Eruda | HP:770/770 | EN:68/74 | DMG:3 | MIT:99 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:15 | DoT -25%
Freya | 
HP:280/280 | EN:6/28 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Enemy:
[4,0] Wolf 1| 
HP:-32/40 | DMG:25DEAD
[4,1] Wolf 2| HP:-32/40 | DMG:25DEAD
[4,1] Wolf 3| HP:-20/40 | DMG:25DEAD
[5,3] Venom Snapper | HP:-30/150 | DMG:35| Crit DMG:50 | EVA: 1 | Toxic Venom: 10 Unmitigatable Damage on MD 9-10DEAD

Edited by Freya

With a chuckle, Eruda puts her sword and shield away now saying "Yes, but first...I would like to officially welcome you to Firm Anima Freya. Congratulations, you have passed. It would be my honor and privilege to work with you from this day forward." Eruda bends slightly and gives Freya a hug. She sighs a bit really glad that Freya has gotten even a little better and taking control of everything. "Let's go grab a coffee and we can talk, about our parents I assume." Eruda starts walking bat toward town with a large smile painted across her face. Freya hops up and follows Eruda into town. Grabbing a seat at the closest inn of sorts she orders 2 coffees thinking of Griswold now. Eruda knew how she felt about her mother now and it just gave Eruda more of a reason to move out of their home when they got out of this game.

Sitting across from Eruda now the waiters don't take long to grab the fresh coffee. Putting some cream and sugar in the cup she stirs it with the straws provided. Thinking of her first question now she takes a sip of her drink. "Why didn't you tell me about Griswold...dad." The question was legit. "You knew before the big event just a little bit ago and you just played it off like nothing. Why just not tell me and get it over with." Thinking herself about what would have happened if Eruda did. With everything that was happening at the time and how badly she lost control before meeting Gaius, would she have been able to handle the news the right way. Mom made her feel like it was Dad's fault that she left but according to Griswold, it was all her doing. She already talked to Griswold about everything but she spent so long forgetting those memories that she doesn't know what to believe or who at this moment.

A simple question with a simple answer saying "I knew how you felt after mom took us away and the lies that mother had told to us made even me believe that Griswold was the bad guy. Think really hard Freya, after Anna was born mom started going a bit crazy. Was gone all the time, she wouldn't even touch Anna. We were too young to know but as I am sure dad told you Anna was sick. Really sick and she wasn't even supposed to live this long. I don't really remember the night we left but that morning mom sat us down and told us that dad and her got into a fight and that he didn't want us. He couldn't handle us, the twins and Anna all at the same time. At the time we were too young to understand really what was going on but now thinking about it, Griswold was the one taking care of all of us after Anna was born. Mom was always gone and it was dad who was truly there for us. Mom was the one who couldn't cope, not him." Taking a sit from her coffee now she takes a deep breath as just thinking about her mother right now made her furious. "After mom took us away you became angry, so so angry. I think that may have been part of the reason why you pushed me away. You may have suppressed dad from your memory but deep within that mind of yours, you knew and lashed out because of it without knowing why."

Griswold did say everything Eruda said in his point of view except for what Eruda remembered that she could not. Somehow it really did make more sense coming from Eruda and how she saw the situation. Really thinking about it now, Freya closed her eyes and let in all in. A cackled chuckle within the back of her head now as she takes a deep breath and opens her mind to everything she kept locked away for all so long about their father. Eyes still closed as a tear drips down her face now, remembering set dinners with Anna in Eruda's or Griswold's lap, eating together but no mother was present in the scene. Another Freya and Eruda playing on the floor with Anna, while Griswold sat in the chair watching us laughing again...no mother present in the scene.

Freya finally opens her eyes now as she feels everything that she put away for oh so long. Freya began to have a hard time breathing now, as she was getting overwhelmed now by everything that she forced herself to forget. "Eruda..." she says with a cracked voice now. 

Putting her cup down now she moves her chair right next to Freya's and pulls her into a hug. "Griswold isn't the one you should be hating. He never stopped looking for us but even he had his limits. The fact that our mother made it nearly impossible for him comes into play as well. I also have to tell you something else. I..." she clears her throat a bit continuing "When we get back home...I am not staying. I am using the money that I saved up to move out. I can't be in the same house as her Freya. I just can't..." Detaching from the hug now but keeping her head on Freya's shoulder she takes a moment to herself thinking what life would have been like if they stayed with their father. Would she have been that distant from society and other kids in school? Where was she going to live when she left this game. She didn't want to live with her parents forever so she would get her own place but where?

"Lucky you, at this point you seem more grown-up than me. I am not money and nowhere to go if I decide to leave. Honestly though knowing what I do now, I much rather live on the streets than stay there with her." Freya wipes the wetness of her face now with a smile. Taking another sip of the coffee drinking the remainder now she bends down and pets Raserei on the head. "Who knows maybe I can go try to live with Gaius where ever that is. I better go turn this quest in though, it getting late and I am getting very tired." Looking back to Eruda she says "Do you mind if I stay at your shop again tonight? I rather enjoy spending time with you now that you actually talk," Freya says with a small giggle as she starts to head toward the door of the Inn.

Edited by Freya

"Oh Freya, when I leave you would be coming with me. Even if it's just temporary, at least it would be a better living situation than there. Hell even if it was in another building close by, it would still be something of mine. A fresh start seems like just the thing we need right now." Eruda drinks the rest of her coffee too and gets up to her feet. Living with Gaius, she shakes her head for a moment with comical images popping into her head now. "Of course you can stay with me, you can stay as long as you like Freya. I actually like having you around again," she says with a playful bump to her arm. Eruda was really happy that Raidou had found Freya. The fact that things are lighting up in this world now made her spirit a bit calmer. She follows Freya out of the Inn to turn the quest in.

Edited by Eruda

Walking now with her twin sister linked in her arm she heads to her destination. Making her way into the building now she has a chat with the people who or very pleased with Freya's success. They thank her profusely and hands her a potion of sort. Walking out now with a few more words of exchange, she meets back with Eruda who was standing there waiting for her. Freya and Eruda talk a bit more about things and then decide to grab something to eat, something to take home with them. They laughed and chuckled as things were turning to what they use to be when Eruda and Freya were attached at the hips. It was a very nice feeling now that they were together again. Eruda was different now and it started to grow on Freya. Walking to Eruda's shop after grabbing food they eat and call it a day to remember. 

Thread Completed:

Eruda:
2*SP (1 for page and 1 for event)

Freya:
3*SP (1 for quest completion,1 for page, and 1 for event)
<<Venom Vial>>

Simmone The Treasury:
1400*Col (500*2 for each character upon quest completion, 400 for page)
8*T1 Materials (4*2 for each character)