[SP | F6] Seppuku <<The Gemini>>

It was a fairly cloudy morning on the 6th floor, the humidity was high and the smell of rain was in the air. Not surprising since this area was tropical in nature. Katoka stood at the edge of the safe zone, her toes hadn't crossed the edge yet due to anxiety. She had been putting off this quest for far too long, but she needed to get it done. She had heard about other people's Gemini quests being very intense, she hoped that hers wouldn't be as bad. Taking a deep breath she took a step and she was notified of leaving the safe zone. It was the first step of many she would take to fight her shadow twin.

"Maybe I can convince her to have a dance off instead like the dragon quest with Elora and Freyd." she said aloud as she continued on the path to the Gemini's location.

Vanity Tag: @Elora @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Katoka | HP:520/520 | EN:52/52 | DMG:12 | MIT:41 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | BLD:24

Spoiler

Name: Katoka
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 12
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Iridescent Edge (T2/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Bushido Haori (T2/Perfect/Light Armor) | MIT 2, EVA 1
Misc: Banded Ring of Warrior's Focus (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket) | ACC 3

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Katana Finesse R3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions*3
Teleportation Crystal*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

As the terrain began to get more and more rough Katoka began to focus better on the task at hand. She knew from a rumor that she had heard from an NPC after deciding the take the quest that there was a cloaked figure in a clearing in the forest. Anyone that approached was rumored to be cut down before they had much of a chance to react. With this little information and a map of the nearby area she managed to locate what she thought to be the location of her Gemini.

Trying not to dwell too much on the thought of fighting herself, Kat instead chose to take note of the flora and fauna as she hiked. The path she was taking was different from the one she had taken with Sam, this one was much further off the beaten path. Stopping for a moment at a large tree she checked her map, she wasn't too far from the clearing. Taking a swig from her canteen she rested for a bit, it would take her maybe ten minutes to make it to the waypoint on her map so a quick break would do her good before the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

A few minutes turned into several as the samurai found it difficult to find her center. Her anxiety was beginning to get the best of her as she began a breathing technique she used to use back home and combining it with some mediation she had learned from her katana master. Once the butterflies had settled Kat stood and dusted herself off, it was time. She tuned and walked the remaining five minute distance and emerged from the forest into a clearing. "Honestly, they really love to make places obvious for boss fights." she said aloud as she observed the various rocks and fallen trees in the area.

"So you finally decided to show up." a voice called from the shadow of a tree. Stepping into better view was a hooded figure, black cloak covering their body and hood obscuring the view of their face. Katoka gripped her saya, her skin crawled as the cool female voice spoke to her, "If I was me I would have avoided this too. Though, I guess in this case we are one another aren't we?" she removed the hood and despite knowing what lied underneath, it still unnerved Katoka.

"Well, normally I would feel bad cutting down such a pretty face," the Gemini continued, "something about you just pisses me off." she removed her cloak and let it rustle to the ground. She was wearing the same armor and haori as Katoka, except this one was much more damaged and seemed off just slightly in color, that and she seemed to be showing more cleavage than what Kat would be comfortable with.

"Wait, what's with the wardrobe shift here?" Kat called out, slightly upset that her double was less modest than her. The Gemini grinned devilishly and gestured to herself, "Oh? Not your cup of tea?" she thrusted her hip to the side and gave her a peace sign, "I have to work with what I've got after all."

Katoka felt her skin prickle, the hair on her neck stood on end, this woman was not to be taken lightly. Despite her villain monologue and exaggerated movements, she could feel the tension in the air. She popped the sword slightly from the saya with her thumb as she walked to the center of the clearing, her Gemini followed suit, grin still splayed across her face.

"So, didn't bring little Sam along with you?" she said, her words dripping with malice. Kat felt her knuckles pop as she gripped her weapon's sheath tighter. "You watch your tongue." Katoka replied in an agitated tone.

"Oh? Struck a nerve have I?" she wrapped her hand around the hilt of her katana and bent her knees slightly, "The shall we get started?"

Katoka mirrored the Gemini's stance, "I suppose we should start at some point, you're constant talking is getting on my nerves."

• 2 weeks later...

It felt like an eternity was passing by as the two samurai stood almost motionless. The storm overhead began to rumble and a gust of wind carried the scent of petrichor into the area. Katoka could feel sweat on the back of her neck begin to bead, she wouldn't break her focus though. This fight was going to be one that tested her both mentally and physically, she knew that the first strike would be one that needed to count. As her mind remained focused and sharp, she saw her opponent's face, her face, crinkle with frustration as she attempted to wait impatiently for her chance to attack. Suppressing the urge to smile the small blonde slowly let out a breath she had been holding in. All she had to do was wait for her Gemini to loose her cool and she could strike.

The tension finally snapped as she saw her Gemini lunge forward, drawing her katana and rushing in. Kat watched in what felt like slow motion, seeing the woman before her running with her blade drawn like a mad person. She felt the hum of her blade in it's saya as it began charging a sword art of it's own accord, light spilling from the small amount of blade already exposed. Kat knew she should have been shocked by a self charging sword art but in that moment it felt right. Instead she tensed the muscles in her thighs and calves as she had done only twice before. Her body like a tightly wound spring ready to launch.

As her Gemini made it to the halfway point between the two, Katoka made her move. Lighting flashed across the sky and she was on the opposite side of the clearing, standing now where her Gemini had been just seconds before. The glowing trail of her sword art lingered in the air for moment before fading away. The doppelganger now stood motionless, sword still raised in an attacking position. The boom of thunder sounded as Katoka returned her blade to it's home and digital glowing red blood spurted from the frozen woman. The blonde turned around and saw her Gemini stagger but still manage to keep her footing.

"I'm not as weak as you may think." Kat said to her double, her voice stern and unwavering. The woman before her slowly began to laugh, a chuckle bubbling over into a maddened cackle. "You? You think that just because you landed a good hit on me with that butter knife that you're strong?" she continued laughing. "You're too sweet little one."

======

Gemini attacks Katoka!

ID# 177504 MD: 1 CRITICAL FAIL

Katoka attacks with San Ge!

ID# 177505 BD: 10 CRITICAL HIT | (12 + 2 =) 14 DMG * 15 = 210 DMG - 45 MIT = 165 DMG | Gemini 260 HP - 165 DMG = 95 HP

----

Katoka | HP:520/520 | EN:37/52 | DMG:12 | MIT:41 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | BLD:24

----

Gemini | HP:95/260 | DMG:130 | MIT:45 | ACC:3 | EVA:1

Critical Hits: DMG + (Player's Level) on a natural MD 9, DMG + (Player's Level x 2) on a natural MD 10.
<<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

• 3 weeks later...

Katoka kept her breath steady as she held her katana in a readied position. Her eyes never left the back of her opponent even as she began laughing manically, the woman's head falling back as she did so. As he laughter simmered down she began to turn to face the samurai, a large red and glowing wound was present across her chest. Kat's doppelganger was not in any sort of attacking posture, she was loose and simple holding her sword in one hand as she inspected her wound. Her face was pulled in a manic grin the entire time as she poked and prodded the cut on herself. Slowing a black smoke like substance began to radiate from the Gemini's body as she turned her gaze on Katoka.

"Well now, what do you say to me having a bit of fun?" the woman cackled again as she began to pace, like a predator stalking it's prey. "You see, it's my job to really make you look at yourself. To reflect on everything, you know?" The smoke was rising thicker and darker from her, gathering into a mass near her. "So let's play a bit shall we?"

The smoke solidified in to a person, someone that Katoka was familiar with. Ruler now stood next to the Gemini, except her color was muted almost. The Gemini now stepped close to the tall woman, reaching up and stroking her chin with her hand as she inspected her, "Yes, I liked this one. I can see how she got you all worked up. Tall, strong, brave," she walked around the shadow Ruler and looked her up and down, "perfect in all the right places."

Katoka clenched her jaw and tightened the grip on her weapon, she needed to keep her mind clear. This creature was created by the system as her opposite, she wasn't real. As her Gemini came back around she was biting her lip, her eyes full of lust for this fake Ruler. "Yes. It's a shame you chickened out. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyways, she would have abandoned you as soon as you were able to fend for yourself."

"You shut your mouth." Katoka growled. "She is a friend. She--"

"--helped you when you needed it? Yeah yeah, but you still wanted her to princess carry you off to bed." she grinned devilishly. She then placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, "Show her what she missed out on."

In an instant Shadow Ruler had crossed the battlefield, kicking up a wake of dust. Katoka managed to lock swords with the woman at the last second, holding her back with all her strength. "Hah! Such a strong amazon she is. Let's see what she can do." Shadow Ruler disengaged with Katoka and the two blondes exchanged a flurry of blows. Katoka kept her jaw clenched as she fought her first friend in Aincrad. The shadow woman before her showed no emotion as she attacked and deflected cold steel.

"Isn't this fun?" the Gemini called from the other side of the clearing. "God I love reunions."

Katoka felt a bead of sweat run down the side of her face. The rumors she had heard about fighting a Gemini were very much true, it was a living hell. However the small samurai had did her best to prepare herself mentally, and in doing so she managed to gather her focus in order to do what needed to be done. With a shove she disengaged from shadow Ruler and jumped back a few feet, watching as the nearly colorless copy before her lunged forward at her. Kat however was focused, she sidestepped the sword swing and the colored flash of her sword skill severed the Gemini's clone in twain from hip to shoulder. A burst of shadow smoke erupted from in front of Katoka and left the two women alone with one another again.

The Gemini spat a curse and kicked a small rock nearby before point in Katoka's direction, "You're nothing! You know that? Nothing!" She began to pace again, her face scrunched in anger and she swung her katana back and forth like an angry child would a stick. "No." Katoka responded, "You are nothing. Just a Gemini, nothing but a reflection of myself and my insecurities--"

"SHUT UP!" she screamed, "What do you know? I'm not just 'a Gemini' you trash! I have a name!" she shook her head and Katoka could swear she saw tears on her cheers as she continued to yell, "But I'm just a copy in a system to you huh?"

"Wh--What is your name?" Kat asked, confused and intrigued at the same time. She had done her best to not really think of her Gemini as much more than Cardinal's interpretation of her darker side, the thought of her being sentient enough to have a name had taken her off guard. The woman grinned and more shadow smoke tendrils left her body, "Why, Sumi of course."

Katoka's blood ran cold.

• 1 month later...

"Aww, is the little baby scared now?" Sumi asked in a mocking tone. She grinned and coughed, blackish blood flying from her mouth as she did. "Too bad you're all on your own here." she walked the edge of the tree line, keeping her distance as she circled her prey, "I know how much you like to depend on others for help. I mean, why do all the work yourself when you have others to shoulder the burden for you."

"That's not true." Katoka said through gritted teeth.

"But of course it is dear. Why do you think you grew so strong so fast? It's because you found others to do the work for you while you reaped the benefits." giggling Sumi spit some blood on the ground, after a moment it began to grow and take shape into another figure. A young woman with reddish hair, but her face was wrong. There was a scowl on her face that Kat wasn't used to seeing. "Little Vie here was left in the dust, and then you practically defeated that golem for her with one swing of your sword? She resented you. She hated how you coddled her, pitied her."

"No. No! No she didn't!" Katoka stood prepared, her katana positioned in a defensive stance. After the first attack she knew what to expect. Or at least she thought she did.

The angry shadow Vie walked towards Katoka slowly, each step with purpose as she got closer and closer. The samurai gripped her sword tight in her hands as the little red head approached her. "I don't want to hurt you." she told her as she came to a stop. The martial artist cocked her head to the side, confused for a moment. Her expression softened and Kat felt her guard drop, the sweet smile she knew returning to Vie's lips. The tip of her sword wavered for just for a moment, and that was all it took.

In an instant there was a fist in Kat's stomach as shadow Vie had giver her a gut punch, sending her staggering back. A flurry of blows erupted from the small girl, several of them hitting their mark and causing the samurai to lose the sense of calm she had been barely holding on to. But after a few seconds she leapt back, putting distance between herself and the dark clone of her friend. "Come on then Katsumi, give her all you got! Or do you feel like you deserve those punches?" Sumi laughed again, clapping her hands in glee.

Shadow Vie launched another attack, but Katoka was prepared this time. She side stepped the swing and stepped around the back of the small woman. With shaking hands she thrust her sword into her heart from the back. Placing a hand on her shoulder in a comforting way as the dark smoke began to leak from her wound. She felt a small cold hand press against hers just before shadow Vie was no more. A tear ran down Katoka's face but she wiped it away before turning back to her Gemini, "You have no right doing this."

• 1 month later...

Post #9

Sumi doubled over laughing, clutching her sides as if it pained her. Kat gritted her teeth as she watched, knowing there would be a new doppelganger to show up soon. Her Gemini coughed up blackish blood and spat it on the ground, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "Honestly, I have every right. I mean, I'm you after all." Katoka blinked and her opponent was gone, her voice coming from all directions caused the samurai to panic slightly, "And we both know the roads you'll take will always lead you," her final words were whispered into Kat's ear, "to me."

Whipping around wildly Katoka saw no one, but the hairs on the back of her neck stood up and she quickly turned around to block an incoming punch with her sword. Metal on metal rung out and then with the flash of reddish hair and movement Kat was blinded. It was Hisa's signature pocket sand. "Now this one is a doozy. You didn't even know she was in the game for all this time. She was all alone and had no one to help her. You pitied her and she hated it."

With every few words Katoka was taking hits from every direction, with her eyes out of commission she couldn't block or react to them in time. "Damnit, Hisa why did you have to make such an irritating item." she groaned after taking a hit to the back and stumbling forward onto her knees.

• 3 weeks later...

As blows glanced off her head and back, Katoka winced and attempted to stand. With each blow she was knocked back down to her knees with a force that almost knocked the wind out of her. Fed up with the beating she was taking, Kat finally rolled forward in an attempt to get some distance between the two. Coming out of the roll she heard the crunch of footsteps and in a moment of clarity deflected a blow with her blade. A smirk formed on her face and she focused her hearing on her surroundings. The rusting of the grass and crunch of twigs allowing her to regain her defensive ground on the dark Hisa. After the fifth straight attack that missed the samurai took the opportunity to strike. With a jab and upward slice of her blade she heard the distinct sound of shadow smoke dissipating.

Rubbing her eyes and standing, Katoka managed to see through her blurred vision that she had defeated another one of Sumi's creations. "You're going to have to do better than that Sumi." Kat called out, "The stupid sand Hisa used was a pain but not that difficult to deal with." She regretted her taunting instantly. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as she heard the rasping laugh of her Gemini.

"Ask and you shall receive girl."

"Me and my big mouth..."

Now that the vision debuff had fully run it's course Katoka could see once again. She was in her resting stance, both hands firmly gripped on the hilt of her sword. Sumi spit another black globule of blood and salive onto the ground as she continued to circle Kat. Despite her opponent being the wounded one, the samurai felt like she was being hunted. Keeping an eye on her Gemini she attempted to goad her into something, the silence was beginning to unnerve her.

"Well? What's your next move knock off?"

Sumi smirked and stopped walking, "I already made my move little one."

As if on command a figure leapt from the shadow of a nearby rock, sliding to a stop on far from Katoka. Taking a defensive stance she skidded back a few steps to see the opponent that she feared would be next. A pair of glowing red eyes sat menacingly under a black cowl. Raising his hand, an inky tear formed in the air before him, he reached inside and black ichor spilled out as if the space was occupied with too much of the substance. From the disgusting hole he pulled a sword out that felt wrong to look at. It was as if the entire thing was made from nothing at all, or maybe it sucked in everything around it so that nothing escaped. Once the man grasped the handle of his massive weapon with both hands the hole knitted itself back up and Kat could almost breath again.

"Damnit." Katoka swore as she adjusted her grip on her katana, "Freyd you are way more gross like this."

In the fraction of a second that it took for Shadow Freyd to close the gap between them, Katoka had only managed to just barely deflect his attack. The sheer force from the two handed sword knocked her back an inch or so and she barely had time to intercept his next swing. It was always shocking to see how quickly he could move with that big of a weapon, almost like it was a child's toy instead of a honed killing instrument. With each clash of blade against blade, Kat felt like the air around her was pulled into his sword. Was it a figment of her imagination, or was the thing he swung at her with such ferocity actually a black hole of sorts? Sadly she wasn't given much opportunity to ask in between Freyd's blows.

An opportunity finally presented itself for the samurai to break free from the onslaught. She managed to lock blades with Freyd for a fraction of a second, just enough time for her to push him back and for her to hop back a few steps to hopefully give herself a moment to catch her breath, even if it was just for a moment. It was a short moment.

Katoka blinked and he was gone. No, not gone. She still felt his presence, the disgusting wrongness that radiated from him and his vantablack blade. But she couldn't see him at all. Her skin prickled to her left and she reacted just time, knocking Freyd's sword aside with a shower of sparks. Just as she had feared, this fight was going to be a lot more difficult than her past few.

By now the fight between Shadow Freyd and Katoka had gone on for much longer than any of her previous ones. To an outsider there would only have been flashes of sparks and various streaks of color darting about. Katoka was moving as fast as she had the day she saved Vie from the golem in her beginning quest. A speed she didn't think she was capable of unless she was under extreme stress, and this was definitely one of those situations. Her body was reacting instinctively, her mind almost empty as she let her eyes track the man she was facing.

"You have to have some sort of weakness." she thought to herself as she parried a blow from him and pressed forward with a furry of jabs. He deflected and parried several and eventually moved back several paces, Kat of course followed closely with more sword arts and slashes. Their constant back and forth was beginning to ware the samurai down, she could feel the sweat rolling down her back and face, but she could also see beads of it on her opponent. She wasn't the only one getting tired, and with exhaustion there were mistakes.

This presented itself in the form of Shadow Freyd taking after his real counterpart. Dashing towards Katoka he caught his foot on the root of a nearby tree, sending him into a stagger that gave her the opening she needed. In a flash she found herself behind the man, three glowing lines in a Z pattern now prominent on his body. Returning her blade to it's home she turned to him as began to separate into three pieces. She could feel the small smile that was on his face as he gave her a thumbs up before dissipating into a dense black fog.

Katoka let out a breath of exhaustion. She was getting tired. Very tired. Using her sleeve she wiped sweat from her brow and looked to Sumi once again. "Alright, I'll give you that one. Freyd is a tough bastard to fight." she smiled though, "But as you can see, he can trip up every now and then."

Sumi clenched her teeth and made a noise of disgust. "How can you smile after this?" She asked, her face creasing in rage, "Does none of this hurt you? You're killing your own friends!"

Kat laughed, covering her mouth slightly, "I-I'm sorry, my friends? My friends wouldn't attack me like this. They wouldn't be pulled into the darkness this easily. So while yes, it pains me to kill enemies with their faces, I can't let myself believe that these doppelgangers are actually my friends."

"Then I hope you have fun with this one." Sumi snarled as she waved a hand, from the shadow she cast on the ground crawled out an elven woman with green hair and a spear. Katoka felt her spine crawl when the woman met her eyes. The dark bags under those red orbs were from little to no sleep, her pale skin seemed like it was glowing in the moonlight that shone down on them. Shadow Elora readied her spear and gave Kat a grin that made her instinctively draw her katana. The murderous intent that she felt coming off of her made her feel... Almost afraid.

Having fought side by side with Elora for as long as she had, Katoka was very familiar with her fighting style. This made the missile like speed that she had in her first attack a tiny bit easier to deflect. With a roar of hatred and thirst for death, Shadow Elora launched forward at a speed she hadn't seen her move at before and Katoka only barely managed the glance the shaft of the spear with a flick of her wrist. However, this version of Elora was quick to counter, flipping the spear around so that she could jab at close range with the butt of her weapon, right into the samurai's stomach.

With the wind knocked out of her Kat barely managed to recover and move out of the way as the elf began to spin and attempt to cut her down in an arcing motion. Fighting someone wielding a spear was significantly different, the reach they have and how they can use it is vastly more difficult than any close range combat. It was making Katoka's brain work double time to try and come up with some sort of plan to defeat her friend. So far the only method she could think of would be to knock a forward thrust up and move in to strike. The only problem would be timing, if she was off by a fraction of a second then she would take another hit.

A grin spread across her face, "I've got your number, just have to get the timing just right." Shadow Elora seemed to take offense to her words and twirled her weapon around her back before slashing and jabbing at Katoka. "Come on, thrust damnit." she cursed in her head, her limbs beginning to get heavy with fatigue. As if her prayers were answered Elora thrust her spear towards Kat's gut and she knocked the spear up into the air, deftly changing the direction of her katana she slashed down at the elven woman then quickly back up again.

Katoka stopped, still holding her blade in the same place as she waited. Shadow Elora seemed to be frozen in place for a brief moment before her spear dropped form her hands and clattered to the ground. Her face softened for the first time since their fight had begun and she dropped to her knees before dissipating like all the others in a puff of foggy smoke.

Katoka's breath was heavy, her legs were aching, her body drenched in sweat. She once again stood triumphant over one Sumi's creations, giving the injured woman a pained smile she let her sword rest on her shoulders behind her head. "Well?" she asked, taking a step towards her, "Are you ready to finish this yourself yet?"

Sumi laughed, her chuckle turning into a coughing fit after a few seconds, "I've been fighting you this whole time you idiot!" Once again she waved her hand and from her own shadow crawled a new figure, this one much taller than her. "I think this last one will be your favorite."

Katoka felt her blood run cold, her eyes grew wide and her sword arm went slack letting her katana fall from her hand and stick blade first into the dirt next to her. Standing there, next to her Gemini, was Sam. This dark version still wore the same coat and red hat that her fiancé did. Like all the others her skin was much more pale and her face looked sunken and angry. Sumi stepped up and walked around Shadow Sam, looking her up and down inspecting her like she was some sort of object.

"Mmm, yes, I can see why you like this one." she said as she traced a finger under her chin. "She looks strong, and is definitely easy on the eyes." Sumi turned back to Kat with a devilish grin. "It's fitting you lose to her."

Shadow Sam produced a large double headed axe from thin air and launched forward at Katoka, the ground beneath her cracking into a small crater under the weight of her acceleration.

Katoka had knew deep down that Sumi would use Sam against her at some point. Seeing it had still sent a shock through her regardless. The Gemini had assumed that Kat was standing, weaponless, frozen in fear of having to fight her love. In reality she was seething with anger. When Shadow Sam accelerated at top speed towards her, Kat snatched her sword from the ground and knocked the attack to the side, sending the tall woman staggering to the side. Sam recovered quick enough, turning and bringing her axe down with such force that when the samurai dodged she could feel the pressure from the air pushing her back. The shadow woman's axe slammed into the ground, making a crater of cracked and ruined earth beneath it.

"Damnit, remind me not to make Sam mad." Katoka thought to herself as her opponent turned, wrenching her axe from the ground with a look of absolute rage on her face.

"I know what I have to do, she's no where near as fast as Freyd and Elora were, but this is proving to be more difficult mentally than I thought." Kat thought to herself. She knew that she could land an attack after one of Sam's attacks, that was when she was the most vulnerable. She took a brief moment to clear her mind and nodded to Shadow Sam, "Well? Come on then!"

With a roar and another area of ground left indented, Shadow Sam launched another attack at Katoka. The samurai deflected and dodged, sparks erupting from their weapons whenever they collided. Finally an opportunity presented itself when Sam attempted an overhead swing. Kat shot forward, a trail of light behind her as she passed by the shadow creation, leaving a red slash across her mid section. Shadow Sam dropped her weapon and fell away into two halves of shadow smoke. Katoka returned her katana to it's saya and turned to Sumi once more.

"I'm done with your games. That was the final straw Sumi." she said to her Gemini. Her tone was flat, devoid of any emotion. This made Sumi instinctively grab and unsheathe her own weapon. She knew, being the double of Kat, that this meant she was truly angry.

"Fine! You want to fight me completely?! Let's finish this! Clearly I have to do this myself!" her voice was shrill, her eyes wide with madness and fear.

Katoka pitied her, she was so afraid now. Drawing her katana with one quick motion, she kicked off the ground and closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye. A roar escaping her own mouth as she impaled Sumi upon her sword before she could even block with her weapon.

Sakura.Saber.full.3112343.jpg

Spoiler

Katoka attacks with San Ge!

ID# 186862 BD: 8 HIT | 12 DMG * 15 = 180 DMG - 45 MIT = 135 DMG | Gemini 95 HP - 135 DMG = 0 HP

Gemini Defeated!

----

Katoka | HP:520/520 | EN:52/52 | DMG:12 | MIT:41 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | BLD:24

----

Gemini | HP:0/260 | DMG:130 | MIT:45 | ACC:3 | EVA:1

Critical Hits: DMG + (Player's Level) on a natural MD 9, DMG + (Player's Level x 2) on a natural MD 10.
<<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

Gemini remains at 1 HP as it is being spared

Katoka removed the blade from Sumi and caught her as she slumped forward, setting her to her knees gently. The samurai returned her katana to it's saya for the final time the fight and kicked her opponent's weapon away from her reach. "It's over Sumi. We don't have to do this anymore." Kat's voice was soft now, she almost felt bad for her Gemini as she clutched her wound.

"Just end it." she croaked, looking up at her with tears beginning to run down her cheeks. "Just kill me already."

"No." Kat said, "No I won't kill you. You are as much apart of me as I am to you."

Her Gemini's eyes flashed red in anger, "You won't even give me the satisfaction of a proper death?! You really are a selfish bitch."

Katoka chuckled softly, "Yeah, I guess we are aren't we?"

Placing a hand on Sumi's head as she openly wept before her, Kat watched as the woman began to fade into a grey smoke, not black like the doubles she made. The smoke swirled and slowly was sucked into Kat's hand until there was nothing left. A pop up window appeared before her, congratulating her on completing her quest and offering her a new skill. Concentration.

She let out a sigh, "I need a nice hot bath."

------

Thread Summary

5 SP (1 Page, 1 Event, 3 Quest)

1000 col

New Skill Unlocked: Concentration