[OP-F22-GUILD] A Possible Reckoning

Her mood went from happy to anger in no time flat. The words that were exchanged by Freyd to the group cause her to have a growing concern of the situation. She had only participated in a quest with ChaseR oncer or twice? She couldn’t remember for the life of her but that did not matter to her. Her doe like eyes stared at Freyd  as he revealed the images for them to see and looked at Kiluia walking closer. She stood behind Asmura wrapping her arms around the smaller young girl and hugged her closely. Both Freyd and her beloved spoke words that were addressed in a plain fashion. It was a difficult decision for the guild but ultimately had to be made. Her eyes peered over at Raidou trying to decipher what he could be thinking about the entire ordeal that was presented before the mass. This could of gone a different way. She thought. This was a private matter that could have been discussed without the inclusion of the rest of the members. Then again, it was a matter that would ultimately need to be explained to the rest of the group.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Kiluia’s words. Asmura dead? Her eyes furrowed a bit and her expression changed to a mother bear angry. Those words did not fit together as long as she was alive. Kiluia was strong but not as strong as her or the rest. Had he died long with Asmura, she would have nothing left to keep her grounded her. She cleared her voice trying to calm down and to garner attention to her. “I don’t like this. We could of done this another way in private.” She wanted to clarify that first. “But that’s no longer an option. And since its open to the public now… I think that this relationship with ChaseR has expired. If my opinion holds any value, I would agree with Kiluia.She squeezed Asmura a bit before releasing her daughter. Her features softened a bit while gazing upon her. She would of done the same as Kiluia.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A perked ear, a pique in interest. The girl took notice of her master's calling, every word listened through a feigned slumber. This ChaseR, hardly the pleasure in dealing with him directly. Vaguely recalling the name as one that had taken to her shop on floor four. "It is simple if your not for your kin. You are against it. The second he chose to attack, he was already lost. No better than the sickness that plagues this place. That orange cursor is proof, once it is held it will return."

She spoke with a dose of venom on her tongue, a bitter cold taking to those that sat at the tables ankles for a ride. A swirling color on her iris, she was fuming in her anger. "He will do it again, they always do. It's a line and a boundary that once you cross it there is no going back. The distinction to be made is, is it cruel to cut down these animals? These wolves?"

A twist of her head toward Freyd with a bow of her head "But one word, and I will not hesitate."

Edited by Setsuna

Eruda listens carefully to what Freyd has to say. She starts to think now, letting her thoughts out now "So Chaser attacked you straight out after taking his time to get you alone, because of an underlined issue that you helped Mari with. Chaser got offended because you did what he could not? To me, this sounds like an overzealous situation gone 100 times over extreme bad. He acted harshly without any thought to how his actions would affect others and with that, I do have to agree. Unless there is something else, another issue that isn't being said it sounds like Chase is not fit to work with others who are not on his side of a simple conversation. His anger and rash thinking shouldn't be allowed through after we have tried so hard to get everyone to work in unison with each other without argument." After this last comment, she looks to Raidou knowing that she and Raidou have been working with the original members for just that. "Everyone here, in this guild needs to be able to work together and take orders when it's really needed in battle. Keeping calm with a clear head of thinking. It doesn't sound like Chase can do such a thing." 

Looking to Freyd now with stern and curious eyes she says "I have worked with you all but a few times and I have not a clue who this Chaser is, but I am unable to make a fair judgment without knowing everything there is to know up to the point that he invited you alone. Is there anything thing else that you might have said or did to cause this response of his to escalate so quickly?" It was a valid question, it wasn't that she didn't trust Freyd's word or anything she just wanted to make she knew everything there was to know about the situation before a choice to exile was made.

With an air of inquisitiveness and confusion the young player listened while Freyd described why the meeting had been called with such urgency. Admittedly, Asmura had only adventured with the player in question once. Hearing The Whisper talk about the boy invoked an image of him that was imposed during their last, and first, adventure. The flamboyant, electric blue locks. Bright eyes with a cheshire grin. During their adventure he had not seemed dangerous in the slightest; in fact, he had seemed quite the opposite. However, if Asmura knew anything about Freyd is that he was quick-witted and honest--which meant that what was being shared had occurred. The brightness that had been felt from ChaseR suddenly seemed distorted. Was that really who he was? 

As that last thought ran through her mind a sudden weight on top of her head knocked her back into reality. Kiluia, her father, had placed a hand on her head and spoke. As his words hit the crowd--and were absorbed by her--a sense of dread was felt. If that had been her she would have answered the message without a second thought; and regrettably there was no way to survive an attack such as that at her level. As the weight was lifted and Kiluia wandered toward Freyd he announced this thoughts to the crowd. As he talked a sense of warmth encompassed her being. Wide orbs drawn up she found none other than Haine, Kiluia’s spouse and her mother, who also spoke to the crowd with calmness and directness. Then, the warmth was gone and the conversation continued.

Personally, it was agreed that ChaseR was a risk to the members of the guild and should not be allowed to access the benefits that being a guild member provides. It sounded to Asmura that the boy was overtaken by emotions and was unable to think rationally. His willingness to be overtaken by said emotions was concerning. As agreement from Haine rang through the air Asmura nodded her head. She too agreed with Kiluia. 

During the discussion one of the other guild members that had never been met slid his chair back and darted out of the building. While several of the guild members took notice of the noise and the player leaving none of them moved. Despite not knowing him Asmura hoped that he was alright; after all, he had seemed rather upset.

Edited by Asmura

Aquan watched person after person enter the guild hall and converse with those that they knew. Aquan on the other hand took a seat by himself and looked around the room, taking in all the strange and foreign faces. His only solace was seeing Valentine arrive, a face that he actually knew. Aquan was going to stand up and go greet the man but his attempt was cut off by the words of Freyd, the seeming leader of this meeting.

Aquan listened for a moment, unsure of where this was leading. He felt a pit in his stomach grow as the conversation on, realizing it was not a pleasant one"I’ll also make no qualms about the fact that I will cross moral lines that might make others squeamish." The pit in his stomach grew. His eyes went to Valentine, confused and possible a little irritated with the man. He was invited to the guild of which had a leader that did not hold morals close to his heart. Still, he tried his best to hold out hope that things will not go wrong with this. He heard the name Chase and he tried his best to think of anyone that he might know by that name, but unfortunately he did not.

“His cursor had turned orange before a reply was received.” The pit in his stomach grew, threatening to swallow him in anxiety and worry. He casted another look at his friend, but no look could answer his confusion and worry. He knew about orange players as children knew about the boogeyman. He never had experience with one or interacted with those that are orange.

"With respect, there are many gathered here who might not survive his wrath, were it directed elsewhere." Aquan wanted to run at this point. A guild he was invited to was now putting him in harms way. He did not know what this man looked like, and beyond seeing his username, he was now going to be on high alert always in order to be safe.

“Now.  What should be done about this?” Aquan looked at Freyd, trying to catch his eyes in order to make sense of what is going on. Before he could get the man's attention, many others he did not know began talking about cutting off Chase, protecting the guild, and talking about grouping up when in contact with him.

He watched a man leave and he could not take his worry anymore. "I..." He looked around. "Am I safe to be in the guild? I can't defend myself and I don't know who Chase is. Beyond staying with a guild member 24/7 until something is dealt with, I'm in constant danger aren't I?" A look of fear was creeping up his face.

Elora fervently read the messages exchanged between players, finding it difficult to focus on Freyd's elaborations when the two methods of communication became synchronous with one another. As Freyd's speech tapered out of focus, a detail from the text arose to the forefront of her mind. Who is this Mari person?, she found herself wondering, She seems like she has a lot more to do with this than Freyd is letting off. She even said she'd be fine with Chase attacking him! What a b*tch! Elora stewed silently over the unreasonable grudge against the woman as other members of the guild offered and discussed appropriate consequences to Chase's actions. Well, whatever. I'm sure that Freyd didn't actually hurt her..., she thought as her cerulean eyes shifted over to glimpse at the corners of his in attempt to study his intentions, Though I don't know if I could blame Chase for wanting to avenge someone he cared about if that wasn't actually the case...

A series of emotions shot through Katoka as she listened to Freyd explain what happened. The most prominent and looming emotion was anger. She knew that Chase had issues with Freyd, but to attack him? Turning his cursor orange? It shocked to the point of rage. Reaching out and clasping onto Sam's hand she squeezed in an attempt to calm herself. Whoever this Mari was concerned Kat as well, an orange cursor and PKer that Freyd and some of the other guild members knew well? What was even going on?

As she listened to her other guildmates she closed her eyes and focused her breathing, collecting her rage and setting it aside to deal with later. Right now a level head was needed. Finally she felt it was her time to speak up. She glanced at Elora for a brief moment and addressed the group, choosing her words carefully, "I know how short Chase's temper can be, and I'm aware of his dislike for Freyd. Him taking his anger out on him like this will not be an isolated incident if we don't take some sort of action." she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "He's... He's not a bad person out right, but he clearly acts without thinking. I don't think he would target any of us that he doesn't know, especially any of the new or low level members."

Katoka scanned the room and looked at all the faces of the people she knew and those she didn't, "While I don't think he would outright kill any of us," she looks directly at Freyd, "Freyd excluded because he REALLY hates your guts," she turns back to the guild, "I feel that unless he gets his anger in check he could be a danger to others in other ways. I motion to remove Chase's status a consultant."

The samurai lets out a breath before turning back to Freyd, "That is, if I can motion for things. Can I do that?" she looks to Raidou and them to Sam and gestures about nervously, "I have no idea if I have motioning powers."

A look to Setsuna and to Aquan, a mixed sense of composure between the two responses in a mirror. One angry and one worried. "It is ok to make a mistake, the issue is here that it is important to own it. ChaseR will need to know that the cursor he wore is the very same that Mari cannot stand." He lifted a hand to his face, a faint memory still held a sting. "I believe that there is a reason to his actions, one he is convinced gave him grounds to do what he had."

An opening of his menu as he triggers tracking on Grimm, watching the boy slowly trail away. "Grimm sees exactly what I see. Someone confused, or convinced they made the right choice. Is it excusable? No, and its not a risk we can take regardless. One front, one weapon and one body. When we are on the fields of combat we can afford no distractions. I would like to hear what ChaseR has to say, I would like to here Mari's side of things."

He takes a small sip of what was laying on his platter and eyes Eruda. "Orange is just a visible mistake, Hidden is proof of that. Mari is proof of that." Looking to Kat his cup recedes gently "You do, your voice carries just as much gravity as the captains who guide you. I however need more information before I can make any concrete decision, but it is not up to solely me and my voice need not be heard here if enough of you find grounds." 

"As for safety..." He looks to Aquan and extends the branch. "I am only ever one call away."

She takes Katoka's hand in hers now and says "I don't know Chase personally but I would have to agree on exile for at least now until he can get his emotions or whatever it is going wrong with him in check. This is a violent free zone and we should keep it that way. As for protection, as I see all the lower levels here might be worried about that," She looks to Eruda, she sees her face completely calm but her eyes somehow looked different. "Raidou, Eruda, and Griswold are the best tanks I know and would trust my life in their hands. If you do not feel safe party with them. I think this was an isolated incident but what if another one of us pissed him off. Would he go all hale marry on our ass too? These are questions that need to be asked, and it is not a risk that I am willing to take."

Looking to Freyd now a bit worried about the who conversation saying, "I think someone who is not associated with him but is in the guild should have a chat with him. In calm matters. Someone who can stay calm and prove a point when things get hairy." Looking to Eruda or Raidou at this point wondering what else there would be to say.

Valentine was sitting in a stew of his thoughts. A myriad of emotions were battling in his heart. He heard, saw, and noticed Grimm leaving. Valentine was going to follow after a moment. He  just believed it would be remissed of him not to speak out.

"Everyone has been trapped in this game for a fair amount of time. There has been losses, wins, despair, and hope mingling in the hearts of players. If you could remain calm cool and collected at all times I commend you. If you are able to do so when it comes to the people you care about, then I fear you. The lack of heart it takes to be rational in the face of love is impressive."

The words came out stiff and without inflection. It was a bit robotic but covered what he needed to say. He was more polite then his lover as he stood, pushed in his chair, before walking out to give chase. He could have left right away but he owed the guild a lot. Valentine would never turn his back on the guild completely. If forced to pick a side he would follow his heart.

Valentine found himself outside the guild meeting place. He opened his HUD to send a message to Grimm.

To: Grimm

Where are you Albi?

Thinking about it Valentine had a understanding it when it came to his lover. In fact, after giving it some thought, he was 93% sure he knew where Grimm was, or at least where his man was heading.

• 2 weeks later...

Kiluia’s passionate response came as no surprise, though his connection with Asmura was previously unknown to him.  The little one was wily, and seemed to know how to make friends and allies – both useful.  Good for her.  Freyd had deliberately avoided any recommendations or consequence as he laid out the details of the recent incident.  Those were topics for discussion, and his amber-eyed friend waded right into them at the start.  Calls came out for reduced access, other were more for cutting ties, and a few were already jumping to more drastic action like exile or expulsion.  It was doubtful that these things would be meaningful to Chase after his recent actions.  He simply wouldn’t care.

“I don’t like this. We could of done this another way in private,” Haine said.

“We’re having this meeting because of ChaseR’s ‘private’ solution.” Freyd countered, coolly.  “Had he aired his grievance in the open streets of a safe zone, or even here in the guild hall, I’d have given them greater consideration.  But he chose the dark, where no one would see or know what he was doing.  He chose to attack when his challenge was questioned.  Note that I never denied him his duel.  All I did was ask him why, and he responded with fury and fists.  That cost him any consideration for privacy.”  Setsuna’s approving nod was noted in the background.

Eruda’s wisdom called for an explanation on Mari’s involvement.  It was a good and fair question and deserved an explanation.  So Freyd gave her one.

“In the aftermath of Tanabata, I hunted down scattered forces of the Sundered Spire in the very woods that surround this Guild Hall.  Few know that a second front had approached Coral from floor 22 and was scattered by Mari, Cordelia and I shortly before the debacle at the lake.  Something afflicted me during the hunt and I felt something vile clawing its way out, quite literally, from my gut. For those of you who have faces and slain your Gemini: be wary.  Something of it lingers inside you afterwards.  Mine puked its way out and ran amok in the woods before fleeing.”  Freyd left out the part where it had made false copies of players he had previous encountered in the game, many of them in this room.  Copies he had been forced to slay.  His eyes scanned across their faces in the room with forced dispassion.  

“I tracked it down on floor 14, where it was mocking and teasing a confused and very tired Mari.  The woman is a fine warrior, but her past has seen more blood and tragedy than most here could ever imagine.  It’s not my place to spout those details here.  Suffice it to say that my wayward Gemini saw potential in her inner darkness.  I think it fair to assume that it sought to create more of its kind as it incapacitated her and drew forth some red demonic thing from within her.  Mari, however, has never faced her Gemini.  This was an altogether different beast.  I slew my shadow a second time for that action, and Mari was forced to face the manifestations of her sins made flesh.  It took a heavy toll, but she did it without violence, which speaks mountains to her character.  She was angry, distraught and most certainly mentally exhausted.  Despite the cost, I told her plainly that it was long past time she face the demons of her past.  She didn’t appreciate it very much, though I suspect that she has since come to agree.  We saw eye to eye enough to go on and work together on other quests in the aftermath.  She must have met ChaseR sometime thereafter and just vented her frustrations.  The rest has led us here."

"He's... He's not a bad person out right, but he clearly acts without thinking.”  Katoka interjected.  Freyd waited for her other comments before responding.

“You're right.  He’s not a bad person.  If I thought he was just some madman or vengeance-driven maniac, I would already have run him through.  I had the chance and chose not to take it, or even to strike a single blow in self-defense or retribution.”  That one stopped the conversation cold.  “I’m not interested in playing to the boy’s anger and never have been, but it overrides any sense of reason he may have.  That’s a big problem.  He’s acting like a child, but carries within him considerable potential for destruction. Those two things never lead to a good outcome.  And, at this rate, he'll blame anyone but himself when it does - most probably me, actually.”

“…he REALLY hates your guts," she added, to no great surprise.   Freyd’s eyes focused on hands held between her and Sam, wondering what that was about instead. 

“He hates me for the simple fact that I don’t put up with his shit, and I call it when he’s dishing it out.  He wants to be angry without being able to actually answer ‘why.’  That simply won’t do, and I won’t indulge it.”  

A motion to strip the subject of consultant status was then put on the floor, and validated by Raidou, who had otherwise remained quiet until this point.

“I would like to hear what ChaseR has to say, I would like to here Mari's side of things."

“Reasonable, under the circumstance.  My urgency was in getting the news out, not rushing to any conclusions.  I suggest an invitation be extended, after a short respite.  Both will need some time before that can respond, and we should provide them with that courtesy.  Perhaps a week from now, here in the guild hall?”

Two of the newer arrivals had left the hall, one more huffily than the other.  The white-haired one’s word’s striking true to the core:

"If you could remain calm cool and collected at all times I commend you. If you are able to do so when it comes to the people you care about, then I fear you. The lack of heart it takes to be rational in the face of love is impressive."

Freyd knew that he fit all three descriptions.  It was his role and purpose, to which he was resolved.  There was neither pride nor pleasure involved.  ChaseR would get his chance, and maybe fences could be mended, at least between him and Firm Anima.  As for the boys hatred of him, only Chase could decide that, but Freyd very much doubted that he currently had the capacity.  He’d need to buy him time, or else be forced to put him down for good.  That would be a loss for all of Aincrad and had to be avoided.

"I think that a meeting with Chase and Mari would probably help shed a bit more light on this," Katoka said after she heard from everyone, "not that I don't trust what you say Freyd, you know I do. As I'm sure you know it helps to have other people's perspectives on the matter. If we can have a peaceful meeting here at the guild with those who are willing to attend, maybe we can hear their sides and get him to at least listen." she realized after saying the last word that it would probably be difficult to get Chase to listen, especially if he shows up with a large portion of Firm Anima around. He would likely think it was a trial of some sort.

"Perhaps if you reached out through Mari? For him to be so quick to jump to her aid, maybe he would listen to her summons to a talk?" Kat was beginning to wonder, despite Raidou telling her otherwise, if she was over stepping her bounds. She was no where near as strong as her senior players, did she really have to right to speak out as much as she was? She gave Sam's hand another squeeze in the hopes that she could feel her anxiety in being so outspoken as she was.

Mari this
ChaseR that

Gaius was sick of hearing them bash two people he was generally ok with, those he'd traveled with prior and were good people. "That's the least we can fucking do. He may have fucked up but that's no reason not to give the dude a chance. He's a good kid, I've been aggressive in my days and I hope you're not planning on kicking my ass to the curb. Talk to just Mari and she'll say the same damn thing. I don't care what wise guy thinks of him, I don't care what half you assholes say in regards to ChaseR. he's good people. He fucks up again you tell me, and I'll kick his ass. You don't want to fight beside him, fine. More for me." But unlike those that left, Gaius sits down as defiantly as ever. He was proving a point that he was willing to stand against this shit till the end. Folding his arms with a teacup aloft, the sounds of sipping are noticeable and unnecessarily louder than they should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Elora couldn't help but fidget impatiently in her seat as everyone rambled through their reasonings, her mind set on speaking up until, 

"I would like to hear what ChaseR has to say, I would like to here Mari's side of things.", Raidou decided firmly. Although he reassured Katoka that her contributions were valued, Elora didn't feel prepared to dispute why the other two players should be invited to participate in the final hearing. Her only reasons were based in newly-formed personal grudges against their perceived intentions, not hard evidence against their behaviors.

"Few know that a second front had approached Coral from floor 22 and was scattered by Mari, Cordelia and I shortly before the debacle at the lake.", mentioned Freyd in passing before he proceeded to offer other defenses.

So that's why he suddenly left me at the festival? He just wanted to celebrate Tanabata with Mari instead...? A dull and heavy pain began to settle in Elora's chest as she tried to reason with herself, I'm sure that he only just met her when he was off doing all of that other stuff.

"It took a heavy toll, but she did it without violence, which speaks mountains to her character."

Somehow managing to stifle the urge to roll her eyes at the compliment, she instead chose to sink back into her seat and further retreat from the continuing conversation.

"We saw eye to eye enough to go on and work together on other quests in the aftermath"

I guess that's it then. They must really be close to one another...I'm sure no matter what excuses she gives everyone, he'll just consider them well and justified. Sparing a despondent glance over to Katoka as she agreed for them to hear Mari's side, Elora couldn't help but wonder if, I shouldn't be here next time. I don't even want to see what kind of person she really is. If I can't control my emotions around her, then I'll only risk putting myself in the same sort of situation that Chase is dealing with right now. Freyd can handle this however he wants to. I don't really care anymore.

Elora crossed her arms in front of herself before reluctantly nodding in vague affirmation of the motion. 

Vanity tags: @Raidou @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Katoka @Mari

Sam was listening to every speak as she feels her hand gets squeezed tighter after hearing Kat talk. Scooting a bit closer now she gives a very small chuckle now. Gripping Kat's hand with both of hers she gently rubs her thumb against the top of her hand for a form of comfort. "Then is agreed, the question is who will be there for the second meeting point. The guildhall would make a safe meeting point. I am not sure I am able to make it though, I have been busy with other things," at this point she gives Kat a glance, biting her bottom lip slightly. She knew that this was important but something like this, she didn't feel like she had enough courage to add any more than what was already said. Only certain people should be involved and she didn't think she should fiddle with something that didn't concern her specifically. "I will be here if anything goes wrong with the next meeting, just message me and I'll be here." She was now waiting for the right time to get up and make her exit with Kat by her side. 

She listens very carefully to Freyd as she lets everything sink in. Hearing Raidou comment on her slight statement she adds "I do not care about the icon itself, just how people present themselves with it. I do believe that everyone here is safe enough given what Freyd just said. Chase lashed out at what he felt and it seemed like he just wanted to protect Mari. Yes, it could have been handled a different way but it really does seem like there was some miscommunication in the mix of all of this." Glancing to Raidou then the Freyd. It was clear now but Raidou was right. Words needed to become clear to certain parties for a start in the means to an end of this violence. 

"We should do the second meeting here in the hall but not like this. We don't want to make it look like we are ambushing Chaser or Mari. We just need then to know that this is a serious matter that we are trying to help fix. I feel like the fewer people here when that happens the better. I will be here, to help keep things calm. Raidou, you should be here as well just in case, and Freyd," she looks to him with sincere eyes now. "We should give them time to think about everything that just took place. Give time to cool off, as you said. Only then should you send a message for the meeting point here. Make it very clear in the message though to Mari and Chaser both that there will be other trusted parties attending and that talking is the only thing that will be happening this time." She feels like something like this should be handled in a calmer situation and in a place that will tolerate no violence if given the chance.

Glancing at everyone here, she feels very confident. She felt like if Chaser put the effort in, everything would eventually be fine. "Raidou, do you have anything else to add..." Whether he wanted her to be here for the second meeting or not, she was going to be there. She was here to keep everyone safe and that was exactly what she was going to do. Help figure out the real issue here with the insight of other trusted parties in the mix. "I can not promise anything here but I do feel like most everyone in this game is worth saving and should be given a second chance. It will be up to them if they want to try making this work. Let me know when the message is sent out in a week's time and I will be here." Sitting back in her chair now slightly she looks to Sam and Kat with a small smile creeping on her face.

A pause as he rose from his chair. "No, I don't believe this is neutral ground. A quick and easy way for resistance is to bring them somewhere they do not feel comfortable. I will leave the decisions to you, for I cannot form any until I have spoken to them. But I am but one voice here, It carries no more weight than all of yours." Raidou spoke in honesty as he scanned the room, this is what Firm Anima was. A conglomerate of like minds and as such he valued their choices and decisions as much as any 'decree' he could form. This was not a guild of a hierarchy or one central throne. This was a guild of choices, of people to come together and make a difference.

"You are correct Eruda, they need to be spoken to. I am hesitant for there not being some reasoning from Chase that makes him believe that Freyd is wrong here. Although I trust Freyd with my life as should all of you. There are two sides to every story, and although misguided Chase believes his. I will not abandon him so easily, so readily. It goes against everything I stand for. And for once." Raidou sighs heavily. "I can see what Gaius is trying to say. The very fact you saw those doors swing not once but twice upon calling this meeting is proof that there is a similar feeling to his. The boy is brash, reckless. He feels that Mari was wronged, and in his confusion, he has chosen to place blame on Freyd. A wise veteran once told me of something happening within a raid and it was almost the death of them."

Raidou took a step toward the threshold.

"The dark elf council, an interesting affair if you can find the history of it. And I would be hesitant to say that I do not trust Freyds tact here, at the very least he should be watched. A mistake can be costly even if it is not intentional. Pulling him and choosing who feels comfortable enough to handle it should that moment arise, is ideal..." As he reaches for the handle of the guild hall door, it twists in his grasp and to a flutter of the red robe upon his shoulders he speaks a single response as the doors swing close behind him.

"No risks."

His left eye twitched a little after hearing Gaius speak with the language he chose. His right hand instinctively flexed a bit as he looked over at Gaius. As he was about to open his mouth to speak, Raidou interjected with his response about listening to both sides. It was a fair trial to listen to both sides. That wasn’t the point, however. The point to him was the inability to control said behavior. He stood up slowly and whispered in Asmura’s ear. “Close your ears honey…” When Asmura engaged in covering her ears, he looked at Gaius and spoke to him. “Don’t worry. I’ll be going to Mari here and look for her to see if I can get an answer. But if he goes into a rampage here and someone innocent gets hurt.” His eyes looked down at Asmura. “I won’t give him a fair trial. I’ll also whoop your ass out of existence.”

He slowly placed a hand upon his daughters’ shoulder to signify that he was done speaking. The other meaning behind his words meant that he wanted them to all step up and protect each other.

As the room chained and swelled with multiple people speaking, she held fast in her silence until bigger and more heated words rose. The brash idiot Gaius, and the wanderer in red. Her master, and her former captain: Kiluia. "Speak to whoever you wish, attempt to court this imbecile before he crosses a line that we all know that he will soon be forever on the other side of. Animals such as these rarely change."

She rose from her kneeled position in a fake slumber, the words were filled with spite and malice. "I agree with Kiluia completely, I however wish that we act preemptively, put him down before he can claim the life of another." Setsuna offers a sharpened glare at Gaius. "And I suggest that you learn to hold your tongue, cretin. I will not hesitate to carve it from your mouth. You want a fight I will gladly pay you one. Your scare tactics and attitude toward those with more a clear head is noted, and uncalled for." A flare of disguise paints her iris like ice, and from the corner in the shadows further accentuates it harshly.

An unsettling feeling settled in her gut. She weighed both sides of the situation and could not come to a conclusion on the spot. She'd known little to none of the azure haired teen by far. Just a face and a name, and a cryptic but tolerable personality. On an occasion or two, they'd accompanied each other on a quest. Their interactions were sparse enough that she couldn't shape a proper opinion of him yet. The boy, he was overcome with emotion enough to attack someone. The why's and what's remained uncertain, she would have liked to hear both sides of the situation, as much as she could trust Freyd for his word. There could have been more to the picture.

If Freyd's judgment rang true, the boy seemed like more of a liability than a benefit to the guild. Firm Anima didn't foster such toxicity. It was a place to foster camaraderie and build one another in her eyes. Volatile behavior seemed like an act of selfishness. If push came to shove, could they rely on a character like that? Was it necessary for a guild who could fair well as is? Though on the other hand, the guild was a generous bunch. There was room for forgiveness under good reason.

"Everyone brings some good points," the woman added. "It's difficult. From Freyd's perspective, he seems like a liability." She clicked her tongue in thought. "I would've liked to hear it from the other two's perspectives. It doesn't sit well for me to decide things so abruptly." Affirming Eruda and Raidou's thoughts, she went on. "We need to speak to Mari and ChaseR, one way or another." She tucked strands of azure behind her ear. "We must exercise more thought to this. It's a polarizing situation."

Tension wrung high between several others and their opposing views. The room was quick to feel stuffy and she wished to remove herself from the situation. The bluenette rose from her seat and bowed. "If that will be all, we have some things to tend to. Do keep me posted." That was a lie. She had nothing to tend to. She gave Kiluia a slap on the back and spared a glance at Asmura.

"We're headin' out."

Edited by Haine