[EV-F07] Storm of Shadows

Ozwald was going to introduce himself to the man who was standing beside his dearly beloved, until he told him that formal introductions could wait. Ozwald was about to ask what their next course of action should be but was cut short by a loud crash from nearby, turning to look Ozwald saw a building tumble down on top of an NPC. Aquan ,as Ozwald had learned, reacted even faster than he himself could, but that did not stop him from running slightly behind him to go help hoping that Valentine would soon be following suit.

Turning to look behind him Ozwald could see Valentine, the love of his life struggling against the inky black downpour that had suddenly appeared. The wind starting to lift him into the air, pulling him towards the black clouds above. Ozwald didn't even hesitate before he turned around to pull Valentine's feet firmly back to the ground. "Are you okay Val?" Ozwald asked making sure that Valentine was safe before heading back to help the crushed man.

"The name's Grimm." Ozwald called out above the torrent of both wind and inky black rain that was caused by the storm. Crouching beside the pile of rubble Ozwald pulled debris off of the buried man throwing it to the side. All Ozwald could think about was making sure that the man survived, but the chances were looking, much like his name, very grim 

ID#: 177433
Initial Roll Value: 20
Giving or Receiving: Giving 1 to Valentine
Final Roll Value: 19

Edited by Grimm Reaper
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shion gave a weak smile before returning her face to a cold and almost emotionless few, somehow in Shion she felt something but she didn't know what. "No problem," she said to the girl before she listened to her for a few second, "I do think it the best idea to help out the players right now, Most NPC's would be okay and if not other players already feel like they need to help them," she said a bit harsh and cold. "But I can help u if really needed, I'll be probably yelled at if I didn't," she said lower in quite a soft and calming voice.

She followed the girl and looked about as she entered a building with her standing in the front of the door, god how would Yuumi do this, but it seemed the girl already had a few steps ahead of thinking. Then she remembered the training she did with her company, a fire training she believed it was. However, there is no fire but black inky water falling down destroying places. She looked as the girl shouted something "Friend of yours?" she asked her before standing tall behind the girl.

@Katoka

ID#: 177435
Initial Roll Value: 7
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: 7

Edited by Azhoda

As Freya clenches her head in her hands, she really hated storms. It was the one thing that scared her the most. A chackled chuckle in her head...then a male voice "Get up girl, The storm is nothing to fear. It beckons change. You can sit here and grovel or you can stand and take steps toward your future".  Her head looks up now seeing no one around as rain pours down and thunder fills the empty screams of the darkened sky. Hearing a roof piece clashing from a building Freya stands up quickly. Yelling and screaming come into view as she walks around the corner and sees the person being unburied by 2 others. "Good..." Freya says trying to concentrate on the others. In the distance, she hears more yelling, assumingly just to talk over the storm. Seeing a door being kicked open now by those same people, she runs to their side. Now getting a closer view she sees a Firm Anima icon over the blond's head. In a further distance she here a call out. I player it seemed in need of help. "I'll be back to help, hold tight." In a situation like this, she wasn't sure that names were important right now, but she looks toward the exit of the town and runs toward the player calling out. 

Getting outside of town now she calls out as loud as she could "WHERE ARE YOU, COME TO MY VOICE IF YOU CAN HERE ME," Freya knew that she had to put her fears aside now because it was the only way that she would have the courage to help with this stormy situation. She yells into the misted darkness keeping her voice going until that play was able to come to her for safe passage.

@Jevi  @Katoka

ID#: 177471
Initial Roll Value: 5
Final Roll Value: 5

Edited by Freya

Weaving through obscured and out of purveying as she took stock of what was happening. Faint silhouettes of specters swelling and stirring from the darkness. To most a frightening sight, to a girl who was already long before lost a pittance. While most were running fleeing, Setsuna was hunting and cutting them down. As fast as they rose a glimmer of steel in cyan blue. A muffled hiss as her katana passed through, but it appeared as fast as she could clip them more would arise. However fruitless her efforts were, she'd continue them to no end. "Conviction: Even if your blows merely scratch them, the ability to scratch them a million times over will surely defeat them. Kyoshi I will not falter." the girl whispers in a cadence. No matter how long it took, she'd take the heart. Gut it out and put an end to this mess, her hair painted as black as the clouds above.

(Low key BD: 10, murder hobo confirmed)

ID# 177472 results: Loot: 8
Initial Roll Value: 8
Final Roll Value: 8

Edited by Setsuna

Exiting the alley, Koga found himself on one of the main thoroughfares of the town, marked only by the fact that the street was just a little bit wider than the others. Not that that was much comfort. A quick look around, and Koga quickly realized all the NPCs, and supposedly the Players too, had found some semblance of shelter inside.

With a loud crash, the door of the nearest tavern flew open, the flash of lightning throwing a sinister silhouette into the room, accompanied by the crash of thunder. As the foreboding light faded, the silhouette took on the form of a very, very sodden man. Koga trudged his way further into the tavern his boots sloshing with every step. A few of the drunken NPCs gave him bewildered looks. The black rain made the swordsman look more like a melted wax figure than any person.

The sloshing sound finally ended with a squelch as Koga sat down besides a green-haired player, appearing to be nursing a drink of her own. "So...lovely weather we're having, ain't it?" the man deadpanned before looking around. The roof was already creaking with the weight of this dark-water. Koga hoped it would hold up.

@Elora

Spoiler

ID#: 177506
Initial Roll Value: 6
Final Roll Value: N/A

Edited by Koga

Cardinal could have him run forever, if it wished to. It was easier now, having gotten used to the way his limbs moved in tandem with the system, but the sting of the ink would but slow him down eventually -- he knew with a gaze shot towards the skies. Now, the downpour was growing dark enough to cloud the world in hazy smears and streaks of void. A shelter somewhere that wasn't outdoors was his best bet, but there was little to trust about architecture and natural caverns alike.

He took the latter when he spotted an entrance, however. Like a wet dog coming out from a pool, Daemien shook his hair out of substance and snarled at the stain of black that was beginning to pool at his feet. A gaze into the dark told him enough about the future of his stay in the makeshift shelter.

If the monsters hadn't gotten to him by nightfall, surely the shadows would eat him alive.

ID: 177510 | LD: 20 | Escaping the Storm.

The Assassin climbed over the the cliff and onto her feet. Things were starting to get really crazy. This wasn't just some event. Did the players take took long to finish the game and Kayaba decided to end their misery in this digital world? Was the sweet release of death a better alternative than living here?

Yes. Without a doubt, she would live. If she didn't live, Nee-san would be really upset. She didn't even want to think of what she would go through without Assassin here to keep her happy. Most likely comparable to if Hidden didn't make it out alive, is how she would feel.

Looking down to the ground below her, she could see that the waves the storm had created were rising. How many people had already been engulfed in the storm and dragged into oblivion? A few deep breaths and the girl was back to climbing to higher ground, where she would hopefully be safe.

image.png

Spoiler

ID#: 177511
Initial Roll Value: 17
Giving or Receiving: n/a

Pausing with the mug held only centimeters away from her lips, Elora gave a sideways glance toward the player who'd taken a seat beside her. Unable to make out any distinguishable features from the current angle, she decided to pivot so that she could -- "Oh my god!", she found herself yelling from surprise. "Jesus...", she gasped, raising a hand to clutch her chest, "You can't just greet someone looking like the f*cking -- the Creature of Black Lagoon" Taking a brief moment to steady her nerves, she continued, "Is that all from the storm?" She gestured to the vegetation that hung from his appendages like rotten seaweed. "H-here" she stammered in search of some way she could help him in this situation, "You might want to swig this" Sliding a second beer towards him, she finally realized she'd neglected to take another sip of her own. Raising her glass to her lips --

"Elora?!", cried a feminine voice following the cacophonous sound of the tavern door tearing off from its hinges. Elora's mug fell from her hand, shattering dully as it hit the cement floor from beneath at least an inch of the murky water. 

"DAMMIT!", cussed the green-haired player as she shot up from her stool and turned to shout at... "Katoka?" Standing in the entrance of the coroded establishment was her guild-mate who appeared to be very troubled. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" 

Elora seemed all too oblivious of the ensuing danger brought on by the calamitous storm.

@Koga @Katoka

Spoiler

ID#: 177574
Initial Roll Value: 13

Edited by Elora

Vibrating air oscillated all around MISERY as he strode to and fro, sauntering from home to home and plundering their belongings amid the chaos. It wasn't an honest living - nor a particularly lucrative one - but the mobile puddle of sludge took great joy in each and every treasure and trinket he lifted from the unsuspecting victims of the storm. Too distracted were they with what loomed outside to take note of the menace that lurked within.

Each time he emerged from one of the structures, he found himself bracing against increasingly sharp gusts. Wind and shadow alike pulled back at his frame. It seemed that, regardless of the direction he chose, he would always find himself facing headwind trying to push him back. Or did he have it backwards - that it was some unseen force behind that was trying to seize him and pull him back into the darkness?

Perhaps a mixture of the two. All that MISERY knew for sure was that he had no intention to relent.

Spoiler

ID#: 177575
Initial Roll Value: 13
Giving or Receiving: -
Final Roll Value: -

Relief could be a palatable feeling. The sensation that Val felt when he saw Grimm, was like rain in a summer drought. He was going to assist Aqaun out of reflex. If Grimm did not appear Valentine would have had no qualms about departing after to find is mate. Out of the three he was a second slower as he recovered his wit.

Valentine took out his spear to put them into cracks within the mound of rocks. While they were removing debris the spear could act as insurance. If the rocks and other debris slid down it would keep it all from collapsing on them all. "If we split the work it will go faster than us all just working. Grimm you take the left side of the man. Aquan since you are a bit weaker than us both you work on grabbing and moving him. I will dig out the right side."

Spoiler

ID# 177581
Initial Roll Value: 1
Giving or Receiving: Receiving 1 from Grimm.
 Final Roll Value: 2

@Grimm Reaperand @Aquan

Edited by Valentine

Blue brushed the black residue from her body, feeling the weight relieved from her body. This rain was thick and heavy. So heavy that anywhere it seemed to build up was broken. It was confusing a little. Why was this inky rain able to destroy buildings so easily? Surely they were built strong enough to handle that much weight. Was something about it weakening the integrity of the buildings?

She found herself at a jog instead of a brisk walk, her boots sloshing in the puddles that began to cover the ground. Soon the ground would become covered in a thin film of the rain. Panic had taken over the city of Nimbus, several players wandering about with the same question on their mind. What do they do next? What move would preserve their life?

"Where do I go next?" She asked herself. The streets were flooded with panic and inky water. The air was cold as a winter night. Someone needed to figure out some way to get through this. Perhaps underground would be safe? No. The inky water would flood it. Perhaps up was the way to go. 

ID# 177591
Initial Roll Value: 16
 Final Roll Value: 16

When that familiar voice called out her name, Lessa visibly relaxed. Despite the hellacious thunderstorm wreaking havoc around her, the woman exhaled her held breath like a balloon expelling air. At least there was one friend that she didn't have to worry about for the time being.

"Hey, yeah," she called out, jogging over to meet him. "I'm fine." Her leather boots made unpleasant sploosh noises as she moved, but the sound simply could not compete with the roaring wind and sheets of rain. Lifting her own voice to be heard over the din, Lessa replied, "No, I have no idea. I've never seen rain like this before. Not only is it coming down really fast, it's got that weird color and texture going on." Then she cocked her head, and asked, "Could it be some sort of freaky event? Like a late Halloween thing?"

The blonde took a few steps forward, then turned back to him. "I guess we head toward the teleport gate?"

@Alkor

Spoiler

ID#: 177592
Initial Roll Value: 3

Alkor stared up at the ominous clouds that only seemed to get darker with time. It was like a shadow cast over the land that sought to empty out the light and banish it forever. The only solace they had were the wild streaks of lightning that stained the sky red, the color of blood. He disliked it.

"No, look there," he pointed. The murky, viscous rain pooled heavily on the ground beneath their feet and as time elapsed mere seconds, it seemed to encroach. The swordsman had a sinking feeling, and he did not want his virtual body to buy into the sensation. "I don't want to find out of that's a coincidence or not, personally, but if it is we would never make it to the gate before this stuff swallowed us whole. We need to get to higher ground."

He started moving again before she gave a proper answer, indicating that they should walk and talk. He knew that she wouldn't give too much protest when there were lives at stake. "What do you think? An event would make sense, but would would trigger an event this... dark?"

@Lessa

ID# 177731 

Initial Roll Value: 14

Giving/Receiving: -

Final Roll Value: 14

Edited by Alkor

Dark Sky And Black Clouds At Night, Dark Storm And Rainy At Night Stock  Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 78367737.

The wind picked up even more, bringing with it the chill of winter. The temperature had already dropped well below the normal for the floor and threatened to soon drop below freezing. Within the city of Nimbus, the puddles that scattered the ground now formed together and covered the ground with a thin film of the dark inky liquid. Behaving unlike water, it slowly creeps up the bodies of still players and begins to climb upwards. Those however, that remain moving will find that it won't creep up onto them. The mixture of the howling wind continues to destroy the weak-structured buildings, forcing many NPC's out into the streets with panic-filled eyes.

Amos had already begun to accept his fate. His back was numbingly cold as he laid there stuck under the crushing weight of the house he had built himself so long ago. In his own age, he was wise enough and accepting of the end that was at hand. That was until unexpectedly, he felt the weight being pulled off of him. Slowly but surely, the obstacles holding him down were removed. Using his own strength, he ripped himself from the ground. The inky water the puddled on the ground tried to hold him down but it wasn't quite strong enough to hold him down. Holding himself up until he sat on the rubble, he found himself breathing heavily. "Thank you kindly strangers. I've been through countless of Mother Nature's tantrums and this ain't nothin like any of them. I'll try to make it on my own, but don't worry about me. I am ninety-one years old and ain't got much life left in me. You kids run along and find somewhere safe." He sat for a moment, taking a breath before struggling to stand. As he turned his back to the players, they would find that his entire backside was bright red as if every inch had been attacked. The color as normal in SAO, was slowly retuning to normal but it was definitely a strange occurrence. 

† Dracul and Aru have been consumed by the Storm of Shadows.

Round Four will end in 72 hours [Nov 17th at 11pm EST]

The LD Threshold is 3.

As if the storm wasn't enough, obsidian primordial ooze now seeped through the soil to the surface and began skittering about the players. Those who remained immobile would find it creeping up their appendages and attacking their flesh. MISERY was certain he'd seen at least one poor fool swipe away a healthy collection of the black oil to reveal a crimson just as solid. It was, of course, overshadowed by the black again as quickly as it was revealed.

For those who remained on the move, such as MISERY, the sludge did not have the same effect. Though, with the chill that was filling the area, he surmised it was only a matter of time before he found it more difficult to will his legs into motion. Was it possible that the storm would eventually become too palpable for him to overcome? Would the whims of "nature" override his will to live?

Regardless the answer, he would find out in time.

Spoiler

ID#: 177836
Initial Roll Value: 11

Aquan's heart continues to race faster than it did previously. Looking at the man's back set fear into his heart about what could happen to them if they get swallowed up by the storm. "I-I-I..." He stutters, looking down at his hands that were slowly being covered in the black rain. He could not process all the information happening at once around him. His analytical brain was not able to handle the life-or-death situation those around them were thrown into. "I don't... Wait... He-" The shadow continued to grow up his body as he stuttered, not able to form words.

He shut his eyes tight, not able to do anything else. However, he was saved by someone he vaguely recognized. He felt someone slowly help him up, and he felt the shadows slowly slink off of him as he began to move again. His eyes went wide and he looked at Freya. He smiled a bit and resisted giving her a hug, his emotions running a little high. "Thank you.. Thank you. I'm with Grimm and Valentine right now, should we come with you? Should the guild group up? I'm not sure how well indoors would work. But getting out of the city looks incredibly difficult." He muttered and turned to look at Grimm, his eyes going wide as he saw the shadow go up the man's leg. "Could you help me for a moment? More Firm Anima members need help." He ran over to Grimm, looking at Valentine, worry in his eyes.

Spoiler

ID#: 177839

Initial Roll Value: 2

Giving or Receiving: Receiving 2 from @Freya

Final Roll Value: 4

Edited by Aquan

Walking back the direction she came, back to the town she walks back to where the roof fell on the guy. Thunder and lightning clashed in the sky together as the water on the ground gets thicker...Looking to the ground she realized that the water was more like sludge. Picking up her foot slowly and looking at it she makes a weird face and sets her foot back into the sludge. In the distance, she hears a scream and then nothing but silence. "What the..." Freya continues to walk through the thick blackened liquid and eventually gets to the group that helped the guy from the roof pieces. One person caught her eyes though. He was shaking and wasn't able to keep himself from doing so. Seeing a similar symbol above her head she leads do and takes his shaking hands in hers and says "Firm Anima has to stay together. Help everyone in need. If we do that, we will be okay." The guy was already free from the wreck she knows that they needed to help everyone they could, no matter what. She knew where Katoka was located so she brings Aquan to his feet and brings him that way.

ID# results: Loot: 14

ID#: 177840

Initial Roll Value: 14

Giving or Receiving: - Giving 2 to @Aquan

Final Roll Value: 12

Edited by Freya

Wind funneled through the door and whistled shrilly as it wove between cracks in the cedar walls of the submerging saloon. Creaking rafters and the rattling of cups and cutlery revealed that little time remained before the building would give way under the blustery winds and pummeling rain. Katoka's right, we need to get out of here. All of us.

Snatching a stein that she presumed to be full of beer, Elora raised it forward like a general would a sword as he commanded his troops to battle. "Grab your drinks and run like hell to the hilltops, everybody!", she called out before downing as much of the beverage as she could manage.

Villagers rushed out into the streets, and just as her and Katoka had finished giving the orders, a large timber support beam whined from above where Koga was now standing. In that moment, Elora swore she could see the tavern's rafters sway from one side, then the other before their boards suddenly buckled inwards. There wasn't enough time to explain. She needed to act -- quickly!

Pushing Koga's back, she shoved him forward with as much force as she could muster. Without the aid of adrenaline coursing through her body, she couldn't imagine that the act of moving someone larger than her with such speed would have been possible. Before her brain had the chance to process another thought, Elora perceived the sensation of raindrops pelting her frigid skin. 

She blinked.

She was outside -- standing with shaking legs in what looked to be a pool of liquid mercury. Her gut knotted at the strange sight. This isn't normal, her instincts finally confirmed. 

Spoiler

ID#: 177903

Initial Roll Value: 18

Giving or Receiving: Giving 1 to @Koga

Final Roll Value: 17

Edited by Elora

Despite being worried for her friend's safety, Katoka was glad Elora was there to lend assistance. She was someone that the blonde could trust, the strangers around her she was sure had good intentions but she didn't really know many of them. Assisting in making sure the rowdy bar folk exited the tavern, drinks in hand, Kat stepped up beside Elora to survey the gathering dark ichor at their feet.

"We need to get them moving, this is bad. Like really bad." she felt her skin crawl looking at the substance. Looking to her left at her friend she nodded, her face a mask of determination as she turned to the NPC's and few players around her. "Well, here goes nothing."

"EVERYONE!" she called loudly over the rumbling storm, "Please listen! I know this is a maddening sight but we need to make it to higher ground to escape this gathering mass. If we all work together I'm certain we can make it, all of us!" she looked again at Elora in the hopes that her speech was somewhat rousing, "Now knock back your drinks for that last bit of courage and lets move!"

Spoiler

ID#: 177904

Initial Roll Value: 11