[PP-F1] Dragons and Guildmates.. Maybe Friends? [DHA 1] (Valentine)

Aquarian yawned a bit as he explored the First Floor. He had grown accustom to exploring to first floor and enjoying the nature that surrounded him. He already felt pretty at ease on this floor with the multiple outings he has had on this floor.

Recently he heard about a possible boss that was on this floor. That greatly intrigued him because there was a big chance for some experience, but he was also excited to see what the game considered a major boss. He knew dragons and other creature were going to exist, but what kind and what mythology they may depict is a whole other story. "But who do I even ask?" His hand was already going towards his friends list. He felt bad for asking Valentine every time he needed help with something, but he knew that Valentine probably would be the only person who could easily come to his aid and help him out. Aquarian quickly sent a message and walked towards the center of town.

Spoiler

Aquarian: 20 HP | 2 EN | 1 DMG |

Equipment:
Rare Tier 1 1HSS: Bleed, Paralyze

Skills:

Searching: Rank 1

Valentine was feeling like a star when his HUD went off again. It was Aquan asking for help with another quest. Valentine could not help but admire the gumption in which the man pursued quests. If he continued on the rate in which he was going Valentine estimated him to be able to become a frontline player with ease.

It took Valentine approximately three minutes to reach the familiar place. He came here not too long ago to fight a dragon with Oscar. It went down semi easily, with Oscar pulling most of the weight. He believed that if needed he could take the dragon down as well. It would be hard but it was not outside of his possibilities. The experience points the dragon rewarded him was not bad. It helped propel him forward by leaps and bounds.

"You chose a doozy of a quest line. The rewards are great but it will be dangerous. Good thing you did not try to do it alone. I can take point. You can standby to gain the needed experience." Firm Anima principles made it so the guild mates looked after each other.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 20
  • HP: 400/400
  • EN: 40/40

Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Eye of Horus>> ( +3 ACC/Pin)

Items on hand:

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 4]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]
  • Meditation
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:400/400 | EN: 40/40 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

Aquarian could not help but smile a bit and offer a wave when he saw Valentine approaching him to offer his help. "Hey! It's been... like a day?" He smiled a bit brighter and walked up to the man. "Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me. I haven't done a whole lot since we saw each other so my level is not high enough to even think about soloing this monster. Let alone a dragon. I wonder what kind of dragon it is... Could be based around the Chinese and Japanese mythology. Possibly follow the DnD mythology..." And again he was lost in his head, theory crafting what type of dragon it is and what it could do based on what it is based around.

After a moment he came back to reality. "So, you ready to go? I'm ready to stand back and let you handle it. Also, what have you been up to lately? After our last quest together I haven't done much. Hoping to find more people to hang out with other than just you." He paused, thinking over his words for the first time in forever. "Not saying you are bad company, but only having one person to hang out with constantly is not the best thing in the world."

"The dragon is based of Western mythos. While it is a baby it has wings on the back. You would not see that in the dragons of eastern origin." Valentine was speaking from experience as he had fought the dragon before. He did not do most of the work but was able to see that he could handle the dragons current capabilities. He actually planned on taking the second dragon on with Oscar. Valentine was willing to check with Oscar to see if he could bring Aquan later.

The dragon came into his sights again it was an Emerald beauty that Val could not describe. If Valentine did not know about it. He would have assumed the creature to be a simple cute little beast. The fact that he did know all about it made him feel more comfortable as he released his revolving arts at it. "I do not mind helping out. You can treat me to something yummy. In time you will get to know the other guildmates and going on quests with them will get easier. I mean getting used to people is a process."

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
177365 6 2 2 2 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Revolve arts on Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling 2020-11-09 21:50:30

BD: 6 + 3 = 9  (Hit) 10 * 5 - 25= 50 - 25 = 25 DMG

177366 10 1 5 6 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling attacks Val for revenge 2020-11-09 21:53:26

MD: 6 - 2 = 4 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:400/400 | EN: 35/40 (-5)| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Aquarian: 20 HP | 2 EN | 1 DMG 

Rhaegal | HP: 100/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 

Abilities:

<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties

Edited by Valentine

"Oh that's really interesting. I don't know much about the fantasy aspects of Dragons and that mythos, but Western dragons are really cool. I would have hoped for something a bit more.. Eastern? I don't know, that just sounds more interesting and entertaining." He shrugged and continued to walk with the man. It was nice to have someone not comment on his rambling, but to almost encourage it and continue to converse with his mental tyrants.

As the two came into viewing range of the dragon, Aquarian resisted the urge to run to it and study it. "Oh my God it is adorable. I'm glad I'm not fighting." He began to look over the dragon and make mental notes about what it could do, the weight, basically all the base biological information he could get from it. He stopped when Valentine unleashed his attack, never seeing someone deal that much damage to something. "Wow.." He muttered and saw the chunk of health leave the Dragon's health bar.

Spoiler

Valentine | HP:400/400 | EN: 35/40 (-5)| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1
H: 1

Aquarian: 20 HP | 2 EN | 1 DMG 
H: 0

Rhaegal | HP: 100/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 

Abilities:

<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties

Valentine could only release a smaller scaled spear arts against the dragon. The animation timing for bigger spear arts were dangerous to use in a boss like this The dragon was tiny, fast, and deadly. A momentary lapse of judgement could have Valentine fall prey to those sharp teeth and claws. He had to settle for using revolving arts as the circular motion made him hard to hit against the lizard. It also shaved away the dragons health.

"The battles for SAO can be pretty standardized. As long as you get the starting animation move right at the beginning. The skill will activate itself. Certain battles will make certain skills easier to use. Like now-" Valentine stopped talking for a moment as a dragon claw slipped through his defense and smashed him in the chest. His health dropped quickly before stabilizing. "Sherry assistance." His familiar covered the spot with a white mist as his health went back up a bit. Valentine went back into the battle as the dragon did not let him off. "What was I saying?"

Spoiler

Spoiler

177405 3 1 8 7 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Revolve arts on Rhaegal 2020-11-10 11:12:07

BD: 3+3 = 6 (Success) = 10 * 5 - 25= 50 - 25 = 25 DMG

177406 10 10 9 10 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Rhaegal attacks Val 2020-11-10 11:13:54

MD: 10 (C. Hit) = 50 - 5 = 45 DMG

Familiar Skill Healer Activation= +15 HP to Val

Valentine | HP:370/400 (-45, + 15)| EN: 31/40 (+1, -5 )| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Rhaegal | HP: 75/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | Hate: Aquarian -0 , Valentine - 2

Abilities:

Edited by Valentine

Aquan nodded along to what Valentine was saying. He was watching the man's movements and trying to picture himself in doing them as well. He knew he was going to be a low level for a while and not be able to do much, but he hoped that he could do more in the future. Valentine, who was a bit higher leveled than him, was taking on this dragon with relative ease. Aquan spotted the man's familiar and it made him smile a bit, watching the animal go around and heal him. "Maybe I should get a familiar... OH, sorry! You were talking about telegraphed moves and using skills." He called to the man, slowly creeping forward to get a better look at the action.

Aquarian looked at his own sword, then looked up at the fight going on. "Should.. Should I hit it? It seems primarily focused on you. I don't have much in terms of damage but maybe I could do something if I land a good enough strike on it? I can sit this out if you want. Don't know for sure if the dragon will all the sudden start to target me or not though. That's my worry."

"Yeah, I was saying like now. Rotating the body in a fluid motion makes me harder to hit." Trying to battle and teach would be a daunting task to most. As the monster was fast but lower levelled Valentine did not mind it as much. It was a trait Valentine never realized he inherited from his father. He was able to think long term and see the potential inside of people. That was why he was putting more effort into grooming Aquan compared to other guild members.

"I would not recommend attack it. At least at this moment." Valentine spun and delivered a blow. "At least not at the moment. If it decides to attack you. You have a high chance of dying. If you are bored I will be sure to finish it off in my next attack as to not waste time. I can do it on this one but the next dragon would be impossible."

Spoiler
Spoiler

177413 5 1 1 4 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Revolving art on Rhaegal 2020-11-10 13:20:51

BD: 5 + 3 = 8 (Hit) = 10 * 5 - 25= 50 - 25 = 25 DMG

177414 3 10 12 2 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Rhaegal attacks Val 2020-11-10 13:25:17

MD: 2 -2 = 0 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:375/400 (+ 5)| EN: 27/40 (+1, - 5 )| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Rhaegal | HP: 50/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | Hate: Aquarian -0 , Valentine - 3

Abilities:

Edited by Valentine

Aquan nodded and almost started to take notes, but he decided that would be a bit over kill. He gave a bit of a sigh of relief when he told him to not attack the dragon. He wanted to help out, but lord knows he doesn't really know what he is doing yet with combat. "N-No you're fine. No need to rush it. I don't want you getting hurt. I just didn't know if I could help at all. It seems to be primarily targeting you so I thought I might be safe, but I'm fine to hang out here." He quickly back tracks and backs up from the fight even more.

He looks at the dragon's health and he gives a soft sigh of relief. It seems as though it is starting to take some serious damage. Okay two more hits like that and the dragon will be out. Hopefully he can keep this pace up without serious injury or effort. I know that it must be taxing him just a little bit. Consistent attacks against the dragon, and also against him as well. I think he's got this though. "Wait, question. I don't use the same weapon as you. Will this teaching really work well?"

"The basics for the game is the same. As in all weapons and fighting styles have a pose of sorts. As long as you notice what it is you should be fine. Knowing the stances and the benefits of each weapon can help you narrow your choices down." Valentine dodged another dragon swipe. He used the blunt end of the spear to hit the dragon in the jaw. Afterwards he followed up with another spear spike. The animation from Revolving Arts was enough to aggro the dragon to death. "If you want to try attack once feel free to do it. The amount of health I have taken off guarantees, the dragon is focused on me. Unless it had a dragon breath to worry about you are fine."

The emerald hatchling was getting frustrated. Valentine believed if it could shoot dragon breath he would be blown to pieces. The small size did not make the dragon any less combat incapable. Valentine even thought the AI on the creature was impressive.

Spoiler

Spoiler

177837 3 11 10 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Revolving Art vs Rhaegal 2020-11-14 21:25:15

BD: 3 + 3 = 6 (Hit) = 10 * 5 - 25= 50 - 25 = 25 DMG

177838 5 9 4 5 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Rhaegal attacks Val 2020-11-14 21:26:30

MD: 5 - 2 = 3 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:380/400 (+ 5)| EN: 23/40 (+1, - 5 )| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Rhaegal | HP: 25/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | Hate: Aquarian -0 , Valentine - 4

Abilities:

Edited by Valentine

"Oh okay that makes sense! Gives some normalcy and some individuality when it comes to combat mechanics. Combat does not seem as difficult as I thought before... However I have not made a strike on this creature so that could change very fast," He mumbled to himself, laughing softly. When Valentine mentioned that he could take a swing at the creature, he froze for a moment. "I mean... I don't know how well I will be against the creature. My weapon can only do much when it comes to larger hits. I'm not sure if I'll be able to land a hit because the creature seems to be stronger than other ones I've encountered." He called to Valentine as he fought the dragon off. His eyes danced over the scene for a moment before he sighed and lifted his blade. "Might as well, It will help me train a bit more and understand the combat mechanics much easier than if I were to just watch." He sighed and ran in. His blade arced up and struck at the dragon's wing. Almost no damage happened, but he knew he got a successful hit on to the creature. He smiled softly and ran back, letting Valentine finish it off. 

Spoiler

Valentine | HP:380/400 (+ 5)| EN: 23/40 (+1, - 5 )| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Aquarian: 20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG 

ID: 177972 BD: 6 (1 DMG)

Rhaegal | HP: 24/125 (-25)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | Hate: Aquarian - 1 , Valentine - 4

Abilities:

Edited by Aquan

"The hit you made was splendid. You are just under leveled so it did not make a difference." Valentine was keeping up his commentary while he was fighting. The emerald hatchling Rhaelgal looked at the new combatant before snorting and turning its head. It did not view Aquan as a threat even remotely it continued to chase after Valentine with wild abandon. "Well  I did say I would finish this soon. We should probably go out to eat. I am thinking hotdogs. I know a guy that owns a place."

Valentine started the motion and activated his dancing spear sword art. He swept the emerald dragon on the wing to knock it down, vaulted over the body, and kicked it into the air. His spear point aimed at the heart of the dragon that was falling. A quick thrust ended the creatures life. The HP bottomed out allowing Valentine to have breathing room. "See done."

Spoiler
Spoiler

178057 8 10 14 1 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Valentine uses dancing spear on Rhaegal 2020-11-17 17:18:38

BD: 8 + 3 = 11 (Hit) = 10 * 6 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 DMG Rhaegal dies

Valentine | HP:385/400 (+ 5)| EN: 18/40 (+1, - 6 )| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Aquarian: 20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG 

Rhaegal | HP: 0/125 (-35)| DMG: 50| MIT: 25 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | Hate: Aquarian -1 , Valentine - 5

Abilities:

Edited by Valentine

Aquan blinked once, then again, then the dragon was gone. Valentine made quick work of the dragon, taking it out in only 6 hits all together. "Wow... That was.. You made swift work of that dragon." He nodded and smiled to the man. "I hope to be at the point soon where I can take on quests easier. I know that it will take a long time for me to get to the point that you are at, but I feel like I could get there without major issue. Just going to take more time to train me up to that point. I appreciate you helping me out with all of these quests. I'm hoping to get a familiar soon and complete some lower leveled quests with others in order to increase my level. I will probably contact more from the guild too..." His verbal stream of consciousness slowly went inward as he thought about his plans.

"But yes," he said, snapping back to the verbal conversaiton. "I'm happy to get food with you. Maybe I can see the other types of cusinies there are to decide what I want to do with my shop." He smiled a bit and sheathed his sword, walking over to the man to get ready to leave.

"You do not have to worry about it. We are guildmates. Even if we were not. We are friends by this point. Friends help friends get through the hard times. Besides once you find your talent I may be depending on you a lot more then you currently depend on me." Valentine believed he had a lot of abilities. His ability to find talent was decent. His ability to see the future was none existent. "Besides, It is not a waste of time for me as training is always important."

Valentine took the time to put away his spear. "Alright. We can start heading over to Oscar's. He's a great chef even if his specialty is in hotdogs. There is usually all kinds of stuff to eat. Even if he is not present at the place. The NPC's that stay over should be decent." Valentine was not 100% sure as he never ate anything from the NPC's. He just assumed that they would be decent as the place was ran by a friend.

Aquan could not help but blush a little and smile when Valentine was talking about being his friend and helping him. It was a nice thought to think about the man relying on him for help and assistance, him possibly being able to pay Valentine back for his assistance. This is not a transaction Aquarian, remember that. He sighed mentally and looked around. "A hotdog sounds fine. I don't think I've ate at a player's shop before until, well, in a few minutes."

The two of them eventually headed out towards the shop. Aquan could not help but have a bit of happiness within him as he walked. He made a friend, something that was difficult for him to do in the real world, and his friend was willing to help him do things. A tiny voice in the back of his head was trying to make him aware of the fact that he was going to get food with an attractive gay guy, but he quickly pushed that idea down, knowing of his boyfriend as well. "I'm glad we are friends." Aquan muttered, it was partially to himself, but it was out loud.

Valentine made his way over with Aquan to Oscar's hotdog stand. The name of the place was misleading as it was actually not a stand. It was in a sketchy looking part of the Town of Beginnings. As only the brave or the foolish would go to. "This is the place. I was introduced to it recently and last time I agreed to come back and bring some friends."

The two would find themselves in an immaculate dining location. The menu was placed on a large board in the back this time. Valentine was vague on remembering the restaurant details as it did not matter to him. "Just order what you like." Instead of a hotdog Valentine ordered a beef hotdog with onions, mustard, and ketchup, with a small plate of fries. He was glad virtual calories were not a thing to worry about. "Normally I avoid onion but since I don't have to kiss anyone I can go all out." Valentine laughed and gave Aquan a playful nudge.

As the pair walked in the Town of Beginnings, Aquan got a little worried. He knew that Valentine could protect him if anything happened with this floor being relatively weak in terms of threats, but beyond that. He knew that this was not the best area to go. "Valentine, where are we-" He began to worry, but the pair luckily came upon the sketchy shop on the first floor. He took a soft breath and approached the menu.

His eyes scanned the menu, not really sure what to get. Aquan laughed a little at the onion joke. "That is true. Lets hope I don't need mouth to mouth in the next hour or so." He decided on a very basic hotdog with ketchup and mustard with fires, an American classic. "So Valentine, what is a major goal you have in Aincrad?" He did not know if that would be a hard hitting question or not, to him it was not an issue to answer it, but some people could be strange with talking about major goals.

Valentine was getting kind of hungry and could not wait for the food to arrive. Aquan asking him questions when food was coming was only mildly annoyed. Valentine assessed his feelings when he realized what he was thinking. Aquan was not annoying he was just getting hangry. "Hmmmm. I never really thought about my goals inside of the game. As far as I know I plan on doing whatever it takes to be strong enough to beat the game." The food arrived after a moment and Valentine had a shine to his eyes reminiscent of a predator. 

"I mean not to say I am without them completely. I guess I never considered them important enough to count as goals. Eventually I want to move my relationship up to the next step with Grimm." Valentine dipped a fry into some ketchup and started munching. He took a swallow before he continued. "What about you? Any major plans for your future in Aincrad."

Aquan grabbed the food items that he purchased and sat down with Valentine. "I'm not positive what my plans are. I want to set up my shop, continue to gather and get lootable materials and items that I can sell, use, and give away to others. I'm hoping that I can continue to develop those skills, but it will definitely take a while. I have not seen many people who are primarily focused on support gathering instead of the normal tanking, healing, or DPS abilities. Hoping that I can create this skill set to assist those who need it the most, but who knows where I will end up eventually." He shrugged and took a bit of his hotdog.

"How about for the next couple days? I have a couple quests I want to handle, so hopefully after those I can continue my looting skill path. I'm 20% of the way to my next skill, and just need one more level in order to have space for it. After all of that, I may starting working towards a familiar, take some higher quests, and planning out my equipment after I get a lot higher."

"That is great news! I am sure your skill will be useful." Valentine received a message that he opened. "Well. I am going to have to depart in a moment. There is never a moment of rest in this game." Valentine was complaining as he stuffed his face faster. He was hungry and did not believe in wasting the food. He was trying not to look like a slob but who knew if it was working. Valentine stuffed a bite of his hotdog before speaking again. Speaking while chewing was a grossness Valentine would not condone. "You can feel free to pick up a familiar kit in the guild treasury. They are really useful and make the experience a lot easier. It was how I got Sherry." Valentine held out his hand as white smoke curled around his finger before solidifying into his pet. A white cobra was resting before it started helping Val eat. A few bites more and Valentine rushed off to his next quest while waving goodbye.

Rewards:

Aqaun- 3 SP(1 Quest, 1 event, 1 page), 700 Col (500 quest, 200 page)

Valentine- 2 SP (1 Page, 1 event)- 200 Col (200 page)

Edited by Valentine