[SP-F1] <<TFFLAF>> Observations

"Hm, it seems I have to do this" that was the first line he ever uttered as he sat on one of the benches in the plaza. Sitting down for almost an hour, skimming through what he knows and what he should know. He was sucked in his own thoughts and now that he has broken his own silence, maybe it was time to set his feet into motion and proceed to the quest location "inside the safe zone, low risks but I would assume it will give hefty rewards for plebs like me" he told himself as he stood up. 

Aincrad had always been consistent with its medieval theme but then again there are people like Plini who refuse to assimilate with the culture. "It is not wise to join the crowd always, we all wear something and that is enough to have in common" is what he always told himself. A jacket with a slight cream in color, a black long-sleeved shirt, trousers with one rolled up, and a pair of combat boots. Where he got these vanity items is something that left for imagination because right now the best thing to do is achieve something for the day.

1295938816_images(31).jpeg.fdc3da90756da8c9ef538f85adea4703.jpeg

Plini
  | HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2
  | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 0

Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Destrezas
    - A weirdly curved weapon, While it resembles a scimitar at first glance, the spikes that are placed as designs on the hilt act as a failsafe should the blade itself fail. 
    - Vanity weapon
  • Urchin Jacket
    -- Lined with designs as if it yellow colored paint dripped on it, the Urchin Jacket is enough to keep the wearer warm and sometimes the yellowish marks and stains act like a warning
    to others like a defense mechanism.
    -Vanity Light Armor
  •  

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

•  

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 0/0

1. One-Handed Curve Sword| Passive | RANK 1/5

[Extra]

•  

Consumed Buffs

Hide contents
  •  

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  

Edited by Plini

Perhaps players were too accustomed in using their inventory menus for shuffling with their items but Plini was different. His attire is sporting some kind of researcher and add one vital piece to complete it, a sling bag. inside it were materials that he had when he first started. Players who saw him had mixed reactions, male players snickered behind him and muttered "fool" under their breath. Female players were weirded out "why would someone use a sling bag when the inventory menu is convenient?" some of them asked. Plini didn't mind though, no one dared to ask him about it and that was enough for him.

A few turns, some dodging with heavy armored players and passing by one woman who wields a rapier. Was she beautiful? Plini thinks so but his priority is as straight as his preferences. He looked at the in-game time as he arrived at the quest area "quite a few minutes wasted but at least it didn't take longer than the worst" he told himself. Plini took a step forward and pushed the door of the workshop, bell ringing as the door struck it while opening inward "hello? I believe a quest giver resides here? I don't have a gun so I'm friendly" he uttered as he made his way inside.

A man with white hair that could pass up as an elf was who Plini saw emerging from a room. The place was obviously a workshop that involved using chemicals as materials. "Interesting enough" he thought as he took a few steps approaching the old man. "Ah another quest taker, the name is Zackariah" he told Plini as he stretched out his hand for a handshake. Plini obliged and shook the man's hand "I'm Plini and you must be the quest giver" he replied, calm yet monotonous, his eyes tell something different though and Zackariah can see it.

"You remind me of a certain player who came here, well a lot of newbies come here," he told Plini as he pulled a stool and eased himself on one of the tables where vials and flasks are placed, chemicals boiling and simmering inside. "Newbies? this man looks like from some ancient civilization yet speaks of terms that players would you? amusing and suspicious" Plini thought. He looked around and saw it all, perhaps it would be fine to ask what Zackariah needs. "You need something? I can get it for you" Plini told him. Zackariah smoothened his beard "yes, I do believe you can get me materials for some crafts here, I'll add a bonus if you succeed" he replied, "well then consider it done in..." Plini looked at the in-game time "...an hour or so." The player left the workshop and began making his way outside, gathering materials is an easy task, finding it would be the challenge.

ID: 177823 LD: 20

Outside the settlement of Floor One and somewhere near a small patch of bushes and a good number of trees is whee Plini found himself after a walk to get what Zackariah needed. His sling bag was ready to have what was needed right away and those that aren't needed? down the inventory, most players enjoy having. "I always thought it was for storing things, not store everything on it, and act all cool having only the weapon and armor visible..." Plini began approaching a bush "maybe he needs some fruit to make medicine" he saw a few of it sprouting, took a handful, and looked around "it's not good to take everything in one place, greed is dangerous" he told himself.

He examined what he was holding, some kind of berry with a blue hue "is this what they call blueberries?" he asked. Where he was born there was none of it or maybe he just assumed that their tropical country only had tropical fruits "hm, maybe I should look again somewhere."

1/5 materials found

Edited by Plini

ID: 177824 LD: 8 [no materials found]

"No luck here" he mumbled as he walked away from a bush similar to what he searched earlier. "Now this place is big enough to have at least five of those..." he stared at the quest requirement on an in-game window before him "a beginner's quest, easy enough to do but then RNG also exists in this world" he was beginning to get lost in his own thoughts. "No time to waste" he snapped himself out of it and began setting his sights to similar-looking bushes and some fallen logs.

Plini didn't find anything from the rest, it was frustrating but he kept on reminding himself about drop rates common when farming in MMORPGs "hmm, I just need to keep going until I hit a certain threshold" he unsheathed his curved sword and began to step on a log "whatever you have inside, give it to me" he uttered as he raised his weird-looking scimitar.

Edited by Plini

ID: 177964 LD: 12 [material found]

"Hmm, I think this is quite a nice plant," he said to himself as he looked at the bright leaves of few stalks that grew just beside a tree "though it is weird to see stalks grow beside it" he added. There was no luck finding the material he needed either "no deadline was given so I can take all my time examining this area" he was quite fond of observing things and now he can do it without having to put himself in danger, yet. Just when he thought his luck had run out, he saw one glimmering and quickly picked it up.

"I wonder where there's a good bunch of it so that I can just pluck them like grapes after eating dinner" he was preoccupied again, looking around him for anything that may pass as a material. "Too early to give up, the area is wide enough for more exploration" he began approaching different bushes and hoping to find something. "Zackariah needs five and I have one now, damn this sucks if I took all day."

2/5 materials found

Edited by Plini

ID: 177965 LD: 3 [no materials found]

"You must be looking for materials" a feminine voice echoed in the area where Plini is in. By instinct, he held the hilt of his curved sword as he tried to remember where the voice came from "chill out, I'm just taking a rest here" she told him. Resting was common although no one really gets tired totally inside Aincrad, Plini keptthat in mind and now he turned around and looked up.

A girl who seemed to be around her mid-twenties is perched on one of the thick branches of a tree. A bob cut silver hair, a dress reminding him of goth aesthetics, and 457132532_Cute2B.jpg.c3bb251d6c290dc034e15a5f87108f05.jpgwhat seemed like a katana that looked like a weapon forged in a cyberpunk era. "Light armor? probably why she's perched up a tree" Plini thought as he kept his left hand on his weapon "don't mind me but..." the woman jumped down as if she was an acrobat "...nicely done!" she told herself.

"I'd give you nine points for that," he said as he kept his distance, he was aware of her carefree nature but somehow that orange marker above her head was enough for him to be suspicious "yes, I'm looking for materials that a quest requires." The woman scratched her head with the  tiny paintbrush she's holding "ha! a quest from Zackariah? everyone knows he is one of the quest giver for that" she stretched her hand as she placed the brush on her ear "my name is Aya, nice to meet you, er..." Plini replied with a handshake still, wary of her PKer status "some random guy..." Aya shook his hand and moved back "yeah but not so random Plini."

Edited by Plini

ID: 177966 LD: 18 [material found]

There was something about her that Plini was confused, a PKer status yet she acts as if she was as friendly as she gets "must be some modus she puts up before killing her victi..." Plini's attention was then shifted to where Aya is pointing "there's some kind of material there, you can go get it if you want. I'm already equipped with the finest I can get anyway" she told him. Plini moved to where she pointed and kicked the mound of soil. She wasn't lying, a material was indeed there and Plini quickly picked up the item and placed it inside his sling bag "I know you can see my orange mark but I tell you, I'm no killer" she told him "last week I managed to stay alive after killing three men who wanted to have their way with me, it's survival kiddo" she added.

Plini looked her in the eyes, there's no way he can just trust her like that "her eyes are not lying, she doesn't feel guilty about it either. She must be a woman who was hardened by how men treated her" he thought. "I'll believe you on that killing part but..." he moved back a few steps "... I can't just entrust my back to you."

"Fair enough but I can..." she turned around from him and pulled out a sketchbook in her inventory "I'm just here to draw plants anyway but if you're having trouble looking for materials or just want someone to talk to I'm just here until you finish looking" she said she began drawing"I never knew drawing materials can be used her, but then again I use a sling bag when an inventory exists." Aya then talked to him again "have you by any chance met someone named Christoff?" Plini quickly replied "no, is that a real name or an in-game name?" he said.

Aya frowned "real name, if it was a username he'd go with Crow or something but it's been a year I still haven't seen him" she uttered.

3/5 materials found

Edited by Plini

ID: 178420 LD: 7 [no materials found]

Plini continued looking at the same area but it seems it only yielded one for him. Terrible luck or must be the drop rate was low "I just can't get it continuously" he thought. The woman however kept on talking about many things in her life, Plini listened and he knew a lot about her, assuming it wasn't all a lie "I really wish I could find my best friend, he was naturally an anti-social type but I'm hoping he's with someone or a group who will take care of him" she told him earlier.

A lot of what she said was too personal and Plini was not sure if she wanted comfort or she simply wanted someone to talk to "so much for saying she's someone I can talk to, it now looks like I'm her therapist" Aya told him about how she dated a lot of men and that all of it was unsuccessful, she even dated girls "I see, she was quite an outgoing person and she has an introvert best friend." 

3/5 materials found

Edited by Plini

ID: 178421 LD: 7 no materials found

"I am not going to stick long enough here if the materials are scarce" Plini thought to himself. At this point he'd be taking too much time searching for the simplest things in Aincrad, somehow Aya is keeping him company despite him being wary of her "you know I really wanted him to do well in life, he seemed to suffer by getting the short end of the stick so that others won't" Aya kept on talking, sketching something on the pad she's holding "quite an intriguing person, perhaps it is one of his principles" he replied to her as he found nothing.

"You mean with your pride and principles. If it makes you suffer then let it go" Aya had a bit of indignation in her tone "hiding inside that shell when there's more outsi..."  Plini gave a loud sigh which made her stop "he never wanted to suffer but if that's what it takes to help then it's a small price to pay. It's not pride, it's called being true to his principle, to help" he told her, trying to get a point before she could derail her own words. "So he wanted to help but suffering comes with it, is that what he intends to have?" she asked. Plini shrugged his shoulders "I don't know I'm not his bestfriend." Aya gave him an annoyed look "well aren't you funny?" 

Edited by Plini

ID: 178422 LD: 9 no materials found

"You know I'm starting to like you Plini" Aya spoke again. There seems to be no end to what she wanted to say and Plini doesn't mind most of the time. She talked about many things that sometimes was food for thought or just utter nonsense, was he some kind of catharsis for her? "I don't like you so we're not on the same page on that one" he replied. There were still no materials found, a test of patience and Plini isn't going to lose. "Yes, that's it! I like guys who don't like me, it poses a challenge to me" she told him.

"What a pain..."

Plini tried to think his way out of it "if I told her I like her just for the sake of ending this encounter then she'll think I will try to have my way with her and that's just horrible to imagine. On the other hand, if I keep telling her to eat shit and stop before things get way too unrestricted, she's more likely to pester my precious time finding precious materials" it felt like a checkmate and Plini is not liking it right now "carelessly caught in a few of her webs" he told himself.

Edited by Plini

ID: 178073 LD: 4 no materials found

"Have you ever dated someone Plini" she asked him, too personal and Plini's annoyance steadily stacked up "no, I don't plan to" he replied. "Just to make sure, your preferences are aligned with..." Plini sighed again "...we're really not that close for you to be asking that, what I prefer is a business of my own" he replied. She bit her lip in amusement, it was obvious that Plini hasn't found anything for a while and his defenses are amusing her steadily "I know, but I want to know the person who I'm talking to right now, you're interesting, unlike those guys who you can easily tell when they're thirsty" she said. Plini was confused "if they're thirsty there's a lot of water in Aincrad" he muttered.

Aya's flirting tone changed into a boisterous laugh "no, no, what I mean is they're quite thirsty seeing me" she said. Plini turned his head and looked at her, she has the looks, and it's undeniable but he wasn't sure if thirsty meant something different or it meant what it is. "You tease them with water?" he replied.

Edited by Plini

ID: 178105 LD: 18 [material found]

Aya was surprised with what she heard and looked at Plini thinking if he was serious with his answer. It was followed by a chuckled and then she burst out laughing like she heard the best joke so far today. She fell on her back and began rolling, still laughing. If the game could materialize emoticons he'd have a lot of question marks on his head right now. "Um I can see your fancy underwear," he told her as she rolled. He turned around and looked at one bush and found an item passable as a material "nice, one more to go" he told himself. Aya on the other hand covered her butt and quickly stood up "sorry about that, i just find it funny that you're confused with the word I used"  she said.

Plini scratched his head with the material he just found "it's weird how you're this nonchalant despite having the marker on your head, is this some kind of ploy for you to get me?" he asked. Aya cleared her throat and tried her best to answer without raising more suspicion "I never had a party or guild, I travel alone. This does invite unwanted attention and like I told you, I just killed men who tried to have their way with me." She gave him a warm smile "but talking with you helped me feel at ease even if it's just for a while, like I have a little brother."

4/5 materials found

Edited by Plini

ID: 178706 LD: 18 ,material found

"I can't even escape the little brother syndrome here," he told himself the moment Aya mentioned it. It wasn't even a nice experience for him, living in a house and lineage dominated by the opposite sex. Not that Plini hated his twin older sister but sometimes there's a limit to what he can take. Fortunately, that limit was constantly broken as he grew up and what was first an annoyance became second nature to him, be a good boy to older people. He sighed and kicked the bush where he found a material earlier and it dropped another "well time to get back to Zack." 

"Though I'd date you if you want me to" she uttered so brazenly "I'd rather not, you may be beautiful but danger lurks with it. I like to keep my neck safe from the guillotine of stupidity" he replied. Aya blushed, it was clearly an insult and compliment at the same time yet her attitude was something he can easily brush off with his words "I'm liking you more!" she said before trying to hug him to which Plini unsheathed his curved sword. 

5/5 materials found

He had what he needed, no time to waste. He pulled back his curved sword and placed it back to its crude sheath. "That was close, good thing I'm high level enough to avoid it" she said. Plini placed the material he found inside his sling bag and pointed at the settlement behind him with his thumb "I'm going back inside, obviously you can't but today you helped a bit on making my search less boring with your vivid descriptions of your relationships. If it's not too much of a trouble for you, after I finish my quest I'll come back here with food. What do you want to eat later?" Plini asked.

It's not that he trusts her fully now, not yet. He was simply being kind to her despite his monotonous way of speaking."Eh? how nice of you, if it feels weird for you calling me by my real name, you can call me Orca" Plini gave her a wary look "killer whale" he thought. "I'd like some roasted mutton and mead, some taverns inside might have it so I'll be waiting at where you found me earlier or should I say..." she crossed her arms and smiled at him "...where I found you?" 

Plini nodded and began making his way back to the main settlement and into Zackariah's workshop "well lad how did it go? ah I see you found what I needed. Now let us begin the craft" he told Plini "the wat?"

ID: 178718 CD: 11 success [perfect potion crafted successfully]

"You are to craft an item for me, a healing potion," he told Plini. The player just nodded and took out everything he had in his bag. "Weird that you still use bags despite the convenience of the inventory system." Zackariah chuckled after saying it, so many players had way more peculiarities than him but somehow Plini had a too pragmatic one. "I prefer having this, I can also use it to bash someone" he replied to Zackariah. The man then guided him to a table filled with materials, vials, and flasks "it's quite easy, you just follow my instructions..."  Zackariah turned around "now where did I put my glasses? stay put lad and wait for me."

it wasn't even two minutes when Zackariah returned holding his glasses when he saw Plini putting materials together and making a potion "I seem to have figured out how to successfully craft it, I just need to adjust the viscosity and its potency" he muttered. 

Edited by Plini

"A natural when it comes to chemicals" Zackariah uttered to which Plini turned around holding a small vial with some kind of goo inside of it "it's not a great feat really, I just remembered my classmates goofing around in the laboratory way back" he replied. Zackariah took the vial and saw that it was indeed of perfect quality "well I guess I just have to let you discover it more, congratulations..." as soon as Zackariah uttered it, a pop-up window appeared before Plini prompting that he has already completed the quest "thanks for the rewards. I have a few things to do before the day ends" Plini stood up but Zackariah stopped him for a moment.

"I have one more request, please deliver this to Lyle Tealeaf, a friend of mine and a blacksmith. His forge is somewhere here also but I leave that part of finding him to you" he said. Plini nodded and took the package and made his way out as quick as he could. 

It took an hour for him to find Lyle but before that, he was held up upon seeing a tailor shop to which he placed his order first. He then set out to find a tavern and bought some mutton and mead after handing the package to Lyle and accepting a favor from him.

"These are delicious!" Orca spoke while she ate. Plini watched as she tried to eat everything Plini had bought as fast as she can. For a woman, she had the appetite of two men. "It's been a while since I've had my fill of these, I've been living off wild fruits and roasted fish" Plini drank his mead and stared at the sunset. It was hard to believe that it would take him a whole afternoon to finish a quest.

"Thank you for these Plini, I guess this can be considered a date?" she asked "no, I'm just treating you to dinner" he replied. "Well that's what a date is, treating a girl for dinner," she told him. Plini sighed, she was quite persistent. "Ok fine, let's put it in your point of view" Orca made a smug face "see? it's nice when no one is trying to take advantage of each other, just people casually talking. You're not into me and I'm just liking you, no lust, no greed..." Orca drank the mead in one go. 

After a few minutes of silence as Orca's hunger is satiated, Plini kept on staring at the horizon as it slowly changed into the night sky "the simulations are quite something right? soon I'll be looking for a place to hide and sleep, until then, thanks again for the company" she told him. Plini nodded and gave her a faint smile. 

"Well love, this is goodbye for now" Orca stood up, dusting off grass and dirt on her skirt and thighs. She enjoyed his company despite the thousand-mile stare he does even when talking to her. "Never thought I'd meet another who doesn't judge me by the color of my marker," she said. Plini stood up after her, fixing the tiny ponytail he's got going on his hair "I did judge you, I only aligned it with what I know and not assumptions" he replied.

Orca laughed at what she heard "you're quite the entertainer, i guess girls like me would always be entertained by the quiet ones" she made sure her katana was strapped firmly on her side as she began looking around her "is your bestfriend a quiet one also?" he asked her. She turned around, smiling at him, the moonlight now bathing them "in a way, yes, but you're smarter than him. He was more of on the wacky side of intelligence so people rarely understand him much." 

She stretched her arms and legs as a warm-up while Plini finished another mug of mead "wacky? he must've been a fun person despite being one" he muttered. Orca took a deep breath and stretched out her hand for a handshake "well, it's been nice having dinner with you Plini, if you need my help, onee-san is always here for you" Plini wasn't amused by it one bit but his annoyance was Orca's enjoyment now "I guess, but I'm not calling you onee-san, you're scaring me with the shotacon vibes." 

Orca disappeared as she leapt into the darkness of the forest behind him. A quest was finished, rewards are given and met a person who is dangerous and affable at the same time. Plini set his eyes on the night sky again. There was something about it that he liked, it must've been some kind of Aikawa Ayumu effect. He was no zombie or undead but the stillness and soft to strong winds passing by was giving him peace. 

They may be stuck inside a death game but for him, it was no reason to feel despair. "Wasting time sulking, that will get us nowhere" and with that, Plini expressed his respect to the frontlines. For some, it would be safer to stay inside the settlements and make a decent living. He never thought of it that way, someone has got to take care of the small fry while the others kick floor bosses and march into freedom. "Yes, I'll do just that but who knows..." the wind blew as he continued to walk back to the safe zone "...maybe I could find myself worthy of being with them but for now, I gotta prepare myself." 

Thread Summary

1 SP [Thread Completion] + 2 SP [Quest] + 1 SP [2.6 bonus] = 4 SP
400 col
5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP)