[PP|F21] <<Betrayal of the King>> From Ancient Times

<<Betrayal of the King>>

Although it was a short while until the boss fight began to go down, Chase knew that there were still plenty of quests he could do to level up and keep getting stronger. He headed out of his house one of these early mornings, opening up his inbox and looking between all the people he'd messaged. Although things were rough with Freyd, he hadn't confronted him yet, so... it was alright to message him. For now. He needed his help either way and the guy had offered.

ChaseR: I need help with some quest. Forgotten Time King. Can you come?
ChaseR: It's at the twenty first. See you at the safezone?

It's not like he had to ask him either way, if it wasn't out of companionship due to being in the same guild, as little as Chase believed in Freyd right now, he was never one to turn down free SP either. Regardless, he began to move on over to the safezone with his armor donned as always and his new blade that he had seen little of hanging by his waist, humming lowly to himself and wondering what the boss would be like- as he usually did. His mind was always on fight, no matter what. That's why he'd eaten such a big selection of foods already, too.

[ChaseR uses Liquor of Light! (DMG +3)]
[ChaseR uses Evasion Dog! (EVA +2)]
[ChaseR uses Focused Dog! (ACC +2)]
[ChaseR uses Diamond-Infused Hot Dog! (MIT +45)]
[ChaseR uses Filling on Evasion Dog! (EVA +1)]

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 77
HP: 1570/1570
EN: 154/154

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:78
VAMP DEF:78
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 4]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 154/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Edited by ChaseR

*PING*

A pale-skinned hand pressed itself against the air, summoning the translucent interface.  A finger lingered.  An eyebrow raised.  They didn't seem to get along well, but Freyd respected ChaseR's fighting prowess.  What did it say about the man's opinion of him that he kept calling and asking for his assistance?  As much as their personalities seemed to clash, they found well as a team.  Red eyes clad in shadow beneath a black cowl pondered how best to respond.  Would another encounter just antagonize ChaseR further?  Did he care?

*Message acknowledged and accepted.*

The sound of leather boots scraping on wood followed, then fell on stone and echoed in the halls as he walked purposefully towards the door, stopping only to check his inventory for items that would be of benefit.  The Forgotten Time King was not a foe to be easily or lightly dismissed.  His threats would need to be negated.  As always, Freyd had done his research and preparations in advance.  Scrolling through the seemingly endless list of supplies, he singled out his favoured antidote, taking extra out of an abundance of caution.

"EVA tanks are effective until that twenty percent of the time when they struggle.  Let's skew the odds in our favour."

The window closed itself automatically, following the click of the nearby door.

Freyd provides ChaseR with the following:

Spoiler

Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce 
Consumable (Salve)
Antidote 3 (grants immunity negative status effects for ‘slot’ turns)

A small container of golden coloured goo that soothes the nostrils, mind, and provides a panacea of any ailment. Smells like angel farts.
[170031]

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:171/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3

Freyd Consumes:

Spoiler

Fiery Dragon Roll: Mitigation +3 (T3): 160305
Artisan Carrot Cake: Accuracy +2: 175083
Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce: Antidote 3: 170030
Red Velvet Meringue: EVA 2: 170319
Liquor of Light: DMG 3: 168170-1
Breakfast Fry: Protein 2: 172351 (+ Filled)

Detailed Stats:

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 78
HP: 1590/1590
EN: 171/171

Stats:
Damage: 20 (+3+3)
Mitigation: 79 (+45-45)
Evasion: 2 (+2)
Accuracy: 4 (+2)
BH:79
VAMP OFF:159
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Hiding [Rank 4]
Martial Arts [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Night Vision
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Gungnir Shard: Haniel's Modesty (T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]*5
Flash of Rejuvenation (Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP)*5
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring: n/a

Jomei could count on one hand the amount of times he had visited the Twenty First floor. Probably one of the more recent was the adventure that spun out of visit to the hotspring with Telrenya. Hopefully that cult to the fallen dragon, Tesseleth was no more. Aside from that, Jomei was not too certain what this floor had to offer, aside from monsters outside of Tomoika's safe zone that could give him a run for his money if he wasn't careful.

As he would usually do when looking to get into some trouble, rather than checking in at a settlement''s job posting board, he would sit at a local pub and eavesdrop on some of the NPCs chatting, or, if he was lucky, a group of players discussing a nearby quest. However, the latter was scarce in this bar, and mostly hard working miners took up the scattered tables and stools. Olive orbs gazed down into the amber liquid that rested idly in the glass before him, a finger gently tracing the brim. His leg bounced with impatience, one foot propped up on the stool he sat at while his ears did the work. 

The bouncing and tracing of the glass halted simultaneously as word of a 'returned king' hung in the air. The dwarf of a man told a short tale of a king long ago that was seen as an exalted warrior.. a savior to his people. Alas, the king was slain.. so they thought. Their own ruler had turned against them, laying waste to his own armies. The story itself made for some interesting lore, but the rumor of his return is what really caught Jomei's attention. Wrapping his fingers around the remainder of his ale, Jomei tilted the glass and let the burn of the alcohol run down his throat before retreating from the dive of a bar. 

He could only assume that this boss would be harder than ones he had fought before... so it would be best for him to not go on this quest alone. So, making his way to the town's Teleport Gate, Jomei waited to see if any other players would be partaking on this adventure. 

Jomei Consumes: 
1 x Liquor of Light (+3 DMG)
1 x Creme Brule (+2 ACC)
1 x Smores (+2 EVA)
1 x Breakfast Fry (+Filling)  (+3 DMG -15 MIT)
1 x Mini Cheesecake (+15 MIT)

Spoiler

Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean 20% Dot

Spoiler
Level: 77

HP: 1540 /(1570)
En: 167
SP: 6/424

DMG: 17
Burn:  36 [9-10]
Blight: 36 [9-10]
EVA: 3

ACC: 4
MIT: 43
Holy Blessing: 16 HP 
Battle Healing: 79 HP

Skills:

Grandmaster Rapier Skill (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+25 mit)
Charge Rank 5 (+5 DMG)

Energist (+5*Tier EN)
Battle Healing Rank 5 (5% HP Recovery)
Parry (50% DMG rounded down)
Extended Mod Limit (10 SP)
Howl(8 EN +2 Hate up to 4 enemies)
Hiding Rank 3 (+3 Stealth Rating)
---

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 4 (+5 DMG Unarmed)
Survival (+15*Tier HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Meditation (5*Tier EN,reduces to 3*Tier if hit before next turn.)
Familiar Mastery: Fighter (Rk.3) (+3 * Tier DMG)

Mods:

Rapier Ferocity (+1 DMG to Sword Arts )
Rapier Finesse Rank 3 (+5*Tier En)

Athletics (+1 DMG, +10*Tier HP)
Precision (+1 ACC)
Sprint and Acrobatics (+1 EVA)
Stamina (-1 EN all Attacks)
Bull Rush (Charge stuns for 1 round)
---

Housing Buffs:
Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat)
Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20%
   Filling (Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.)
Relaxed (Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.)

Equipment:

Weapon: Jack's Rapier T3(Burn, Blight, Cursed)
Armor: Vestige of St.Patrick T2 (+18 MIT, +2 EVA, +1 Holy Blessing)
Accessory: Alateron's Will (+3 ACC)
Familiar: Adere the Tawny Owl (+9 DMG)

Edited by Jomei

Somewhere near Jomei at this point, the two had met up just a few feet further away from the teleport gate. Chase silently looked at Freyd and the antidote he was handled, cringing slightly before he consumed it. "... Why did you even have this...", he groaned before cocking an eyebrow at Freyd suspiciously. "Wait... an antid-"

1682764998_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.330bb019a3be6b83a585fcd5cc55d0af.png"... You've faced this boss before, haven't you? You already know what it does.", the bluehead quickly ran to a conclusion, giving him a quiet look before just sighing and turning to be on their merry way, his glimpse seeing Jomei looking over at them from the distance. "... You don't happen to be doing Betrayal of the King too, right?", Chase went on to ask the ginger man as he stuffed both hands in his pockets, looking down at the ground and kicking it softly with a deep exhale. "It feels like I never see anybody except for when I'm about to quest most of the time, for crying out loud...", he complained in the safe confines of the back of his mind, waiting for an answer from the Irish lad.

[ChaseR consumes Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce! (ANTIDOTE +3)]

ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 154/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE: 3/3

"Hadn't you heard?"  Freyd asked curiously.  "Raidou soloed this boss, well...mostly.  The entire guild had to run in here and save his butt at the end, cuz the dork ran out of energy, or something.  It was quite and achievement for him.  I think only two people have ever managed it."  He was clearly impressed by the feat.  "I only showed up to help at the very end, and so never got credit for participation.  But I have seen what the mob can do, and how tough it really is."  

He took a moment to pick off a few stray pieces of lint, or monster fluff, clinging to one side of his armor.  

"Besides which, you know me.  I hardly go anywhere without doing my homework in advance, or at least overthinking my options and scenarios a dozen times over.  It doesn't take that much effort to arrive prepared.  Plus, Fenrir.  I'd rather not see you get squished."

Taking a moment to acknowledge the other arrival, he spared Jomei a brief word.

"Hey, Green.  How's it going?"

Freyd activates Vengeful Riposte (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:166/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL

Jomei took the idle time to go through his inventory, picking out some various consumables that he felt would be helpful to take on this boss. A few food items and a potion should do the trick. He held the potion between his thumb and forefinger, giving it a quick turn to see its consistency. It swirled as smoothly as water, but glowed a dim yellow light. With a flick of his thumb, the stopper flipped open. A sweet smell reminiscent of maple syrup rose from the open container. Bringing the bottle to his lips, Jomei began to consume the contents, before a voice addressed him from just off his side. The glass vial still placed against his mouth, Jomei turned his head to face the source of the voice. Two men, one which Jomei recognized as Freyd - who greeted him as Green - were standing, facing his direction. 

"Hey, Freyd" Jomei said with a polite nod of his head, "Good to see you agin." His attention then turned to the bluenette beside him, "As a matter of fact, I was planning on it. Though I have no idea what its capable of, so I figured it wouldn't be best to go in alone. I'd be more than happy to accompany you." 

So then that settled it. The two already seemed to know one another, and of course Chase ended up being the one getting dragged along despite having invited Freyd. Of course Jomei couldn't just be a bystander, he had to be specifically for this quest- as if he had an issue with this. "Ah, so you two know one another..."

1854622257_ChaseDBPGuiltySilent.png.82b7f4278f2a96b6141591881f46dae7.png"Sure thing, tag along. Let's not waste more time.", the bluehead added little to the idle chitchat, instead rearing to go right for the boss as soon as possible. And so, he took off from the settlement, staying slightly ahead of everybody else and leaving Freyd and Jomei behind, walking just barely faster than the duo. That meant he had less talk to do either way. "So Raidou and Freyd have met, and so have Freyd and Jomei... I wonder just how many more people they know that I don't. Probably too many to bother, plus... Freyd and I don't mesh too well. That might mean Jomei is closer to him in the first place, right?", he grumbled on his own further up front in the back of his mind, with his arms crossed. That continued until the group arrived to ruins, where something seemed to be moving further up ahead. "I think we found our target.", he said before pulling a broken, stone blade from his left hip's scabbard, holding it quietly.

Before the others had a lot of time to respond to Chase's observation, he quickly took off and hopped right towards it, getting up close and personal to the massive monster before his eyes narrowed. It was massive, but that didn't make any difference, plentiful of monsters were giant and still all too easy. He gracefully slashed at it plentiful of times with the blade, but little damage was done in comparison to some of his better strikes- still a considerable amount nonetheless. It tried to hit back with its decomposing hand, swinging but missing the mark due to the bluehead's agility. "If you're still worried Freyd, I hope you know I called you to make this easier, not because I couldn't do it. Because this time I'm prepared, unlike with Fenrir."

Spoiler

image.png.31e7829de47c82334d8e68e7e2da509a.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 2+5=7)
23 * 13 - 150 = 299 - 150 = 149

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6+3-6=3)
ATTACK MISSED

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 145/154 (-9) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:166/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean 20% Dot

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3601/3750 (-149) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

* On a critical, FTK will paralyze the player and remove all hate from them.
** FTK is immune to all status conditions, including Unique ones.

Edited by ChaseR

Freyd listened as ChaseR rambled on about how he could handle the fight without any help.  A long, white-limned blade of black so deep that it seemed like a void in the universe materialized in his hands.  The holy glow about the sword seemed to seal in whatever malignant forces roiled within.  He offered Jomei a sympathetic, soft roll of red eyes.

"Blue-boy's a good fighter, but he's got insecurities sized to match the chip on his shoulder.  Come on," he urged, with a nod of his cowl.  "Let's go make sure that he doesn't get himself killed while he's telling us about how awesome he is."  

A smirk and wink followed, as Freyd darted to the right and flanked their sizable enemy.  He managed a glancing blow as he followed through and left as much space as he could for Jomei to follow.  Their best tactic was to keep separated and ready to garner the boss' attention if it got lucky and paralyzed one of them.  Hopefully, they had taken enough precautions.

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (rested 1/2, Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID #178313 | BD: 4+6=10 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26=338-150=188) damage to FTK.

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 145/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:157/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean 20% Dot

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3413/3750 (-188) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

The group wasted no other time with chatting, for this returned, traitorous king awaited them. Their path brought them through some of the connecting tunnels around the main settlement, before entering a large, open chasm. Before them, stood the large visage of The Forgotten King, a lich-like figure donned in ruined robes and armor. "He's.. definitely a lot bigger than I imagined.." Jomei said to himself as the skeletal figure rose and began approaching the players, a frightening sucking hiss coming from its open maw that almost seemed to suck the life straight out of the chamber. 

The blue haired boy shot forward, with no plan of attack prior to. His hit landed, and luckily the King's counter attack was dodged. Off to a good start, for now at least. Freyd offered a few quick words about their companion before inviting Jomei to join them in the action. "Right." Jomei said with a quick nod, preparing his own assault just after Freyd rushed in for his own strike. 

Bringing his sword up into a defensive stance, Jomei awaited his chance to strike. He stood in preparation as Freyd finishing his assault. The ginger's eyes widened, <<Concentration>> taking effect to hone in on the King's location.. wanted to make sure his initial, and usually strongest strike, didn't miss. His rapier ignited in a bright golden light as he began to rush forward, lowering his weapon to his side. His speed increased, and increased, until he vanished in a blur of green and black. Not even a second later, Jomei reappeared, his shoulder driving into the abdomen of the lich with a <<Charge>> to knock it off balance. The shining gold rapier then tore through the armor of the Forgotten King, cutting into its undead skin and leaving it riddled with puncture marks and gashes. 

Spoiler

ID 178315 | BD 10 (+6)(-1)(+1) | Charge | Concentration | Over Radiation
14 x 23 (+5)(+2) = 420 (-150 MIT) = 270 DMG

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 145/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:166/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[2] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean 20% Dot

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3143/3750 (-270) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by Jomei

Freyd's nagging was already enough of a bother, but at least Jomei was putting in the work. Chase wasn't too happy with the other's results- he knew they could be leagues better, so for now, he was just letting the bluehead down given how powerful he made himself out to be.

1072921594_ChaseDBPGlare(New).png.86d32d7cfc46da5391d68b016767f9cc.png"I'm not saying you're useless you moron, I'm saying you should focus on killing the boss than getting me pissed off.", he sneered at Freyd, cringing at the wimpy damage he was dealing and feeling an eyebrow start ticking. Of course, he was already mad at Freyd for a whole sleuth of other reasons, but... no point in taking them out to him now. Especially with Jomei, a complete stranger, there too. "Start hitting it for real, Freyd!", the blueberry continued in a shout filled with both spite and disappointment, starting to charge right towards the king. With another raise of both of his hands, he tried to swipe down in an 'X' shape at the boy, who simply propelled himself into the air and slammed the flat side of his blade right under its chin, sending it almost falling back. "Jomay, you're... er... doing good.", he tried to encourage his new ally, silent. That compliment definitely fell flat... "... K-Keep it up.", he tried to save his skin and failed horribly once more, sighing and turning his attention to the monster.

Spoiler

image.png.ade746595f39958a9912870c6c39bb1d.png

ChaseR charges with Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 4+5-1=8)
(23 + 5) * 13 - 150 = 28 * 13 - 150 = 364 - 150 = 214

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 3-6=1)
ATTACK MISSED

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 137/154 (+1, -9) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:166/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[2] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean 20% Dot

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2929/3750 (-214) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by ChaseR

"I'm not saying you're useless you moron, I'm saying you should focus on killing the boss than getting me pissed off."

Freyd stopped, as if his mind had suddenly stalled.

"Wait... that's a thing?  I didn't think it was actually possible not to piss you off, or that maybe that you always came pre-pissed-off, like when you order something at drive-thru or delivery, or you get home, and it shows up and it's not at all what you asked for.  You know what I mean?   It's like the universe is just giving you the middle finger, ensuring that you will be pissed off.  But, it doesn't have the guts to do it up front.  It just packages it up like some kind of unpleasant surprise..." 

Freyd stood on the far side of the Forgotten Time King, waxing philosophical and completely oblivious to the fact that he was completely forgetting about the fight.  Maybe it was some kind of special ability the mob had: some bizarre distracting stun effect that no one had really noticed?  Maybe they couldn't even remember after the fight?  Maybe it only happened on Friday?  Or maybe, just maybe, the roller really hated him and was punishing him in some way?

Whatever the reason, he granted Chaser the opposite of his request and had, instead, completely forgotten to attack.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (rested 2/2, Finesse 3) = 8 EN  -2 miss (+1 Turn recover)

ID #178317 | BD: 1 (miss)

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 137/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:156/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2929/3750 (-214) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

The ginger smirked as his critical hit landed on the Forgotten King. Finally, a chance for him to see his new weapon unleash its full potential. His eyes scanned the large green health bar, waiting to see those status effects take hold. He waited.. and waited a few seconds more. Nothing. He growled, this boss must have been immune to damage over time effects. "Dammit.. looks like we just have to do it the old fashioned way" he said to himself as he quickly rolled out of the way of the lich king as it stomped around them. 

Freyd and the blue haired boy continued to mock each other as they exchanged blows with the timeless king. If they were actually in any danger, he would have been worried about their teamwork. But so far, it seemed they were in the clear of any devastating attacks. "Hey, uh.. Maybe we focus on the fight, then you two can work out whatever the hell this is after? We've been lucky so far, but I feel the moment that thing gets a hit on us, we will be in trouble." The ginger rushed in for another attack as he spoke, sliding underneath the legs of the king and attacking it from behind. "Or not. Its pretty entertaining. Washes out the dread from this boss." 

Spoiler

ID 178339 | BD 3(+6)| Over Radiation

14 x 23 = 322 (-150) 172

Concentration Cooldown: 1/5

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 137/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:156/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[3] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2757/3750 (-172) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by Jomei

It certainly was like Freyd, to do absolutely nothing while continuing to fuel the fire inside of Chase. The fact he could be this laid back even now, leaving it all to himself and Jomei... For crying out loud, did this guy have no shame whatsoever?! "Hey shitass, watch it!", he called to Freyd as he saw the Forgotten Time King raise his hand in the air and start bringing it down way too quickly for him to respond, given all of his pondering.

1117480800_ChaseDBPGlare(Old).png.e3707351496e85a91c9d95ffc7645b79.pngAs quickly as he could, Chase began his sprint right towards Freyd, looking to the side at his broken blade and seeing some white streaks of thunder racing through it. He moved both hands towards the blade and the moment he did, a bright, white flash blinded everybody within range, but the bluehead himself. Once it was over, a large gash could be seen across the King's chest, and the boy was jumping down from him and moving a while back, only to see him charge right towards him completely unaffected. "He's trying to use you as a decoy to leave me compromised, so move it and get to fighting. If you were worried about me, quit trying to get me killed and listen to Jomay!", he almost ordered at the red-eyed menace further by the side, dodging the King's swipes with his massive hands that just seemed to get faster by the minute. "He's immune to paralysis, I don't think statuses will work on him."

Spoiler

image.png.7b345425b38e6e02c38ce8b7c27b5941.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 10)
(23 + 2 + 12) * 13 - 150 = 37 * 13 - 150 = 481 - 150 = 331

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7+3-6=4)
ATTACK MISSED

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 128/154 (+1, -10) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2426/3750 (-331) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by ChaseR

"What are you going on ab.... oh.  Right.  That."  Bringing his sword up into a high guard, Freyd circle the plus-sized skeleton and moved towards the side opposite ChaseR.  Not because it offered the best vantage, but rather because it seemed to best represent how the two stood on most issues.  Getting his head back into the game, Freyd stabbed at the king several times, trying to pinpoint vulnerable points beneath the lich-like thing's armored surcoat and cape.  Each cut revealed something by the absence of reaction, but also did its share to dwindle the monster's health.

"Quit being so dramatic.  He's down a third of his health and none of us have suffered so much as a scratch.  Even if he stuns you, Jomei and I are hardly lightweights and can stand to take a few hits while we recover."

Stepping back nonchalantly, Freyd left extra room for their green-clad companion to have his turn.

"I mean, it's not like he's a big, black, burning dog or something.  Then we actually would have to be worried."  

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (rested 2/2, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 8 EN

ID #178488 | BD: 2+6=8 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26=338-150=188) damage to FTK.

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 128/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[2] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:148/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2238/3750 (-188) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

The green-clad ginger let out a heavy sigh at his two companions continued their squabble. Luckily enough, they had remained safe, and the banter did take a bit of pressure off of the fight. Entertainment like that would come in handy when it seemed they were just slowly wittling away at its health bar. Though, they were already pretty close to being half way finished with this fight already. As he prepared another attack, Jomei's eyes went back and forth between his two comrades, like watching a tennis match.. only the ball, in this case, was another witty comeback. It seemed these two had some sort of history, maybe not the best history, but, obviously, they would not be working together to fight a boss like this if they truly hated each others guts. Maybe a friendly rivalry. Almost reminded him of his old relationship with Lowenthal. "Alright, my turn." Jomei said to himself, putting his focus back on the fight. With another round of piercing jabs and cuts, Jomei cut down another bit of the Forgotten King's health. "You know, if I didn't know any better.. I'd think you two hated each other." he said with a small chuckle after ending his attack. His attention turned to the blue haired player, "If you need some heat off of you so you and Freyd can work this out, I can distract Skeletor for a bit. Just let me know." 

Spoiler

ID 178494| BD (+4) 7 | Over Radiation
14 x 23 (-150) = 172

Concentration Cooldown 2/5

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 128/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[2] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:148/171 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[4] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 144/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2066/3750 (-172) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by Jomei

The way that Freyd kept on tugging at Chase's patience was starting to get very bothersome, and holding back was slowly becoming less and less of an option when it came to not screeching right in his face. "If you're not worried, then why are you even mentioning the offchance I get stunned?! Speaking of which, you fucking baffon, you gave me an antidote before! I cannot get stunned! How will the thing even stun me?!"

1938590462_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.45700d5d8d89b1c0733adcae7c6795a4.pngWhile practically screaming at Freyd, the bluehead had already began his stride towards the Forgotten Time King, finding himself dancing with the massive beast once more. Despite the both's frenzies, the only strikes that went through, as per usual, were the boy's. Down to approximately half health, now. He turned to look at the ginger, addressing his concerns rather awkwardly and definitely a lot more friendlier than he had Freyd's. "N-No, it's okay... This slog can't hit me. B-But his name isn't Skeletor, you can read, right..?". The reference completely missed his head as he saw its health before turning to shout at Freyd again. "H-Hey, quit takin' credit when you've barely hit it two times you damn thief! Hit it hard for once and win your spot in the party!"

Spoiler

image.png.7570d28f3ee023c8051b53065043a993.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 5+5=10)

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 2+3-6=1)
ATTACK MISSED

[8] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 119/154 (+1, -10) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[4] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 144/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1917/3750 (-149) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by ChaseR

Freyd caught Jomei's eyes and raised his eyebrows while shaking his head, looking undecided about whether he felt annoyed or simply disappointed by the constant barrage of angst projected by their blue companion.

"You have anger issues, dude," was all he offered as reply to ChaseR's growing acrimony.  "If you want people to cooperate, try not being such a total jerk the moment they come into line of sight.  Or is getting pissed with people the only way you know how to interact?"

Breaking off suddenly from their exchange, Freyd slipped beneath the field boss' outstretched arm and cleaved through his exposed torso.  The movement was fluid and silent, but struck true and left a trail of shattered digital mesh in its wake.  Returning to their banter, Freyd's voice was calm and level, practically analytical in its clarity and candor.  

"If you preferred I was not here, then why invite me?  If you want to cooperate, why get up in my face about trivial details?  You're a good warrior, ChaseR, but you're a poor tank if this is how you show leadership to your team.  Let's just get this done."

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 9 EN

ID #178497 | BD: 7+6=13 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (13*32=416-150=266) damage to FTK

[8] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 119/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:139/171 (-9) | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1651/3750 (-266)  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Jomei wasn't sure if the joke went over the blunette's head.. or if he actually didn't understand the reference. "I-it was a joke..." he said, stopping in his tracks, the corner of his lip twitching upwards into a smirk. Despite what he said, it seemed the two other players just.. kept at their banter. It was becoming a bit more than entertainment at this point. Jomei decided, maybe it best to just keep his mouth shut and do his part in the fight. Last thing he wanted was to have either of them pull him into it. Though, Freyd seemed somewhat in agreement with Jomei that this wasn't really needed. Part of him considered just letting out a use of his <<Howl>> skill, just so he could focus a bit more on dodging the boss' attacks. But.. maybe it was more helpful to just deal damage and get this over with. Jomei launched himself into the air from a few pieces of fallen rocks, landing another of his sword arts at the Forgotten King's back. He hit the ground and performed a backwards hand spring to create a bit of distance. 

Spoiler

ID 178499 | BD 7(+4) | Over Radiation
14 x 23 (-150) = 172

Concentraion Cooldown: 3/5

[8] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 119/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:139/171 (-9) | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL
[5] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 136/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1479/3750 (-172)  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

** FTK is immune to all status conditions, including Unique ones

Edited by Jomei

The constant throwing of insults back and forth between the two with this fucker of all people was doing Chase no favors whatsoever. Like hell he'd be able to calm down when this clown did the exact same thing that caused the bluehead to react this way and then started to put the blame on him.

1206030010_ChaseDBPGlare(New).png.4bfedbb0a7520d86af38717fe4ff7a6a.png He just quietly turned to Jomei, giving him a small frown and uttering a low "... Sorry." before he faced Freyd, starting to quietly walk towards him with complete disregard for the boss. The look on his face was already filled with burning anger enough, which... wasn't all from this encounter, if only people could get this angry this easily. "Listen here you clown. You keep on your witty banter thinking you're so cunning, you do nothing but anger me when I rely on your skills to make sure you and I both see the light of day-", and then came the boss. Possibly all too annoyed at the player for disregarding him, he tried to stomp on the blue tank who turned around and rammed his sword with enough strength into the boss' sole to make it topple over. Not that it didn't immediately start getting back up.

And as if that was just an interruption and nothing more, Chase turned back at Freyd. "If I have anger issues, you have tunnel vision. If you fuel the fire, why are you complaining it's so hot? Can't you grind your gears together and realise you're pissing me off and then calling me out on it, you blind fuck?! You barely even know me, don't talk as if this is how I act to everyone. You're the only person that is anywhere close to deserving this form of treatment.", he hissed at the rogue with venom in every word, his breathing shaky and unstable and his eyes pinned right into the swordsman's, unmoving. An intense stare Freyd hadn't seen yet, and definitely a bad impression for their tag-along, who the King now seemed to turn his attention to, roaring and beginning to charge right towards him.

Spoiler

image.png.ffe80d51158c283a34e74bbf5831ceac.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 3+5=8)

Forgotten Time King attacks! (MD: 2+3-6=1)
ATTACK MISSED

[10] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 111/154 (+1, -9) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[5] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 136/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 58 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Clean 20% Dot 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1330/3750 (-149)  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3

Edited by ChaseR

"Shhhh..." Freyd said softly, pressing one, long, thin, black clad finger against his lips, still visible just below the edge of his cowl.  Then, pointing at the giant undead boss whose attack ChaseR had just casually deflected, he continued.  "Fight.  Tank in danger.  Gimme a sec."  Turning and darting around the Forgotten Time King's legs, Freyd dealt it another series of quick blows, whittling down its health just a little more before making his way back to ChaseR's opposite side.  The mob roared, uncertain about what was happening and obviously displeased that anyone would consider him such a trivial threat.

"You're clear, Jomei!  Keep at him!  You're doing great!"

"Sorry," he replied to the blue-clad warrior, "business called.  You know how it is, maybe.  Now, would you like to resume your rant?  I wasn't really listening before."  His eyes and cowl were still directed towards the boss, not giving ChaseR any serious regard, and making it crystal clear that he would ignore any more of the same if that were to be his intention.

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 9 EN

ID #178529| BD: 5+6=11 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26=338-150=188) damage to FTK

[10] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 111/154 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1590/1590 | EN:130/171 (-9) | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:159 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:79 | Antidote 3/3 | VENGEFUL

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1142/3750 (-188)  | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3