[PP|F13] <<Cleansing the Corruption>> The Four Horsemen

<<Cleansing the Corruption>>

With his quest list almost completely finished, Chase wanted to mark the next one off the list; and the nearest one, barring the Iron Guardian that he was going to be taking on on his own sometime soon, was Cleansing the Corruption. A quest he had heard little about, and it seemed to refer to some in-game event that took place a while back to boot.

835594314_ChaseDBPDefault.png.deebe0708425835215322a73546c8eb7.png"... The Fallen event? Like that item enhancement?", he began to wonder to himself as he casually began to approach the quest NPC's position, hearing somebody nearby and and turning to look. Boy howdy, he didn't expect it to be the same ginger leprechaun looking fellow that he had done FTK with... and with Freyd too. To hell if he knew what sort of impression he left on him, but he wished that it wasn't anything foul. "... Morning.", he quietly blurted out with a cautious and rather hesitant glance towards @Jomei, sighing and proceeding to move both of his hands into the more welcoming warmth of his jacket's pockets. He usually pulled his hands closer to his chest like that whenever he felt awkward, or wary. And now he was filled with a mix of both.

[ChaseR consumes Liquor of Light! (DMG +3)]
[ChaseR consumes Chocolate Beans! (ACC +2)]
[ChaseR consumes Chase's Meal Special! (EVA +2)]
[ChaseR consumes Roast Chestnuts! (MIT +45)]

[ChaseR uses Filling on Chocolate Beans! (ACC +1)]

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 80
HP: 1630/1630
EN: 160/160

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:81
VAMP DEF:81
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl
Surprise Attack (Assassin)

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 160/160 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Edited by ChaseR
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Floor thirteen.. it had been quite some time since Jomei had visited the sight where the players fought off the corrupted, fallen angels in hopes to breathe life back into this floor. Since then, it seemed things slowly had started to pick up, and life was undoubtedly returning to this once desolate floor. The work was slow, however, and much of the floor was still a dark wasteland. Honestly, Jomei's place on this floor currently served no purpose, other than to just take a walk somewhere he had not in awhile. Reminisce on times past when a lot of his friends were still around, fighting for the same freedom he still fought for today. 

Through his mindless wandering, the sound of a greeting caught his attention. Turning his attention to the source, a familiar head of unruly, blue hair walked towards him. It was not too long ago that he had met ChaseR for the first time, accompanied by Freyd while they fought the Forgotten Time King on the 21st Floor. The ginger took a very quick scan of his surrounds, to see if Freyd was also present. The two's bickering last time was... unenjoyable to say in the least. However, it seemed, at this moment, it was just the two of them present. Offering a friendly smile and a wave, Jomei returned the greeting. "Hey Chase, didn't think I'd run into anyone here. What're you up to?" 

Spoiler

Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 17 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing

Level: 77

HP: 1540 /(1570)
En: 167

SP: 6/424

DMG: 17
Burn:  36 [9-10]
Blight: 36 [9-10]
EVA: 3

ACC: 4
MIT: 43
Holy Blessing: 16 HP 
Battle Healing: 79 HP

When with Telrenya
+1 LD
+90 Overhealth

Skills:

Grandmaster Rapier Skill (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+25 mit)
Charge Rank 5 (+5 DMG)

Energist (+5*Tier EN)
Battle Healing Rank 5 (5% HP Recovery)
Parry (50% DMG rounded down)
Extended Mod Limit (10 SP)
Howl(8 EN +2 Hate up to 4 enemies)
Hiding Rank 3 (+3 Stealth Rating)
---

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 4 (+5 DMG Unarmed)
Survival (+15*Tier HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Meditation (5*Tier EN,reduces to 3*Tier if hit before next turn.)
Familiar Mastery: Fighter (Rk.3) (+3 * Tier DMG)

Mods:

Rapier Ferocity (+1 DMG to Sword Arts )
Rapier Finesse Rank 3 (+5*Tier En)

Athletics (+1 DMG, +10*Tier HP)
Precision (+1 ACC)
Sprint and Acrobatics (+1 EVA)
Stamina (-1 EN all Attacks)
Bull Rush (Charge stuns for 1 round)
---

Housing Buffs:
Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat)
Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20%
   Filling (Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.)
Relaxed (Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.)

Equipment:

Weapon: Jack's Rapier T3(Burn, Blight, Cursed)

Armor: Vestige of St.Patrick T2 (+18 MIT, +2 EVA, +1 Holy Blessing)

Accessory: Alateron's Will (+3 ACC)

Familiar: Adere the Tawny Owl (+9 DMG)

Extra: Mask of the Lovers (+1 LD, +90 Over Health) 

[Only active when in a thread with Telrenya]

Inventory: 

• 1 x Yui's Grace
  • 2 x Name Tags
  • 1 x Cerberus' Soul
  • 1 x Demonic Egg (Change item type)
  • 1 x Nature's Blessing (3/3 Heals for 15xTier HP) BOUND
  • 1 x Matriarch's Holy Stinger
  • 2 x Matriarch's Stinger
  • 1 x Snake Venom
  • 1 x Lightning Rod
  • 1 x Bottled Banshee Scream
  • 4 x Red Velvet Cake (+1 LD, +1 Prosperity)
  • 1 x Apollo's Lyre (+1 CD)
  • 1 x Teleportation Crystal
  • 1 x Scale of the Leviathan
  • 1 x Diamond Dusting
  • 1 x Ghost Treat
  • 1 x Love's Respite
  • 2 x  Creme Brule ( +2 ACC) [176314-1] | [176314-2] 
  • 2 x  Smores (+2 EVA)  [175595-2] | [175899-1] 
  • 2 x Breakfast Fry (+2 DMG -15 MIT)[177727-1] | [177728-1]
  • 2 x Mini Cheesecake (+  [177655-2] | [177670-2] 
  • 3 x Liquor of Light (+3 DMG)  [177688] | [177689] | [177694] 

•  
Edited by Jomei

He didn't seem to have ill intent whatsoever, the friendly greeting wasn't pretentious or forced, so it was probably all in good faith. Sucking it up and turning down the possibility of having screwed his own self image for the rapier user, Chase approached him and shot him a party invite. 

310231118_ChaseDBPSilent.png.8a9e0b37992d11d35477616a7c6596b2.png"Trying to do a quest. Headed over to it right now, it's somewhere around these ruins. It's called 'Cleansing the Corruption'. I have to find some priest for it. Do you know where he is..?", the short, sharp sentences flew towards him one after the other as the bluenette looked to the side, trying to see if anything was apparent in the destroyed urban jungle. Well... ex-urban, current-jungle, rather. He didn't have a single clue of what had happened around these parts, or even the 'Fallen Event' the quest was referring to. "... Do you know anything about the Fallen Event?", he added to the list of questions he'd be asking, blurting it out right away as he turned his gaze back towards Jomei.

Freyd wandered out of Quaestor's Quisine, waving goodbye to his longtime friend.  They'd spent the morning gossiping about the latest rumours from all the far flung corners of Aincrad.  The old man still had his ear to the ground and numerous contacts among the player base.  Freyd had never pried, out of respect.  Whatever trials his neighbour had endured, they had taken their toll.  Nothing short of a worldwide crisis could drag him out his shop, now that he had settled in.  Few players were crazy enough to set up shop or build a home on a plague-zombie-infested level, except the two of them.  Taking one last, long sip from his cup of coffee, he placed it on the platter that was left on a nearby window sill for this express purpose.

Turning to face forward, Freyd froze as he suddenly realized that ChaseR and Jomei were both standing before him.  He hadn't seen blue boy since that mess against the Forgotten Time King.  Both men were looking at him with the same stunned look.  The only valid response seemed to be to point across the street, where a loosely hung banner read 'Freyd Edges'.

"You two doing the Cleansing Quest?  The priest wanders through here every once in a while.  It's one of the rougher ones, or so I've heard.  I can help, if you want."  Turning his attention to ChaseR, and making a deliberate attempt to bury whatever hatchet lingered between them, he extended a simple offer.  "Need another antidote?"

Freyd offers Antidote 3 [170304] to ChaseR.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:173/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t

Freyd consumes:

Spoiler

Fiery Dragon Roll: Mitigation +3 (T3): 160894,
Artisan Carrot Cake: Accuracy +2: 175086
Field Rations +1: +120HP
Viperion: T3 Tox.Ven 24: 154871
Liquor of Light: Damage 3: 172814
Smores: EVA 2: 171532-1
Breakfast Fry: Protein 2: 172353 + Filled

Full stats:

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 79
HP: 1610/1610 (+120)
EN: 173/173

Stats:
Damage: 20 (+3+3)
Mitigation: 79 (+45-45)
Evasion: 2 (+2)
Accuracy: 4 (+2)
BH:80 (+6)
VAMP OFF:161 (+12)
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Hiding [Rank 4]
Martial Arts [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Night Vision
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Gungnir Shard: Haniel's Modesty (T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]*5
Flash of Rejuvenation (Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP)*5
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring: n/a

Chase's reason for being on this floor was another quest he was interested in completing. Cleansing the Corruption, it was apparently called. "First time I've heard of that one.." Jomei admitted, crossing his arms and tilting his head, thinking it over, "Can't say I recall seeing a priest wandering around here either.. Though I'm sure if we find a church, a priest is sure to follow." Chase then referred to a past event, which he called the "Fallen Event." Jomei thought it over again, "There was one event on this floor that I was a part of.. but I do not think it would have been the same event. I think the one I participated in was when this floor was just newly unlocked." 

Almost as if on cue, another familiar voice called out to the two players, asking if they were participating in the quest as well. Freyd had been sitting nearby, and must have heard the two conversing about the quest. "Well, I wasn't originally planning on taking the quest.. but if its one of the tougher ones, maybe it would be better if I tagged along" he  turned back to Chase, "If you'll have me, that is." 

Now aware of the feud between the two players he stood between, Jomei needed to quickly think of something to ease the tension. He was all out of full recording crystals, so playing the ignore game wouldn't work. The ginger took a quick look around the dark, dreary town.. it was almost spooky. Then a great idea crossed his mind, igniting that lightbulb in his head. "Actually, if this quest is more difficult, I'm sure we could always use an extra hand, if neither of you mind. And I know just the person who would enjoy this setting." Summoning a private message, Jomei began typing.

To: @Lessa

Subject: F.13 Cleansing the Corruption

Hey Lessa, 

Long time no see. I was wondering if you would like to accompany me and two others on a quest on Floor Thirteen.

Apparently its a bit harder, but with the four of us we should be fine.

Seems like it might be spooky and exciting, so figured it was right up your alley. 

We will be in the center of Angel's Point if you want to join us.

- Jomei

Jomei Consumes: 

• 1 x  Creme Brule ( +2 ACC)
  • 1 x  Smores (+2 EVA) 
  • 1 x Breakfast Fry (+2 DMG -15 MIT)
  • 1 x Mini Cheesecake (+ 15 Mit) 
  • 1 x Liquor of Light (+3 DMG)  

New Stats: 

Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean -20% DoT 

To: Jomei

Subject: Re: F.13 Cleansing the Corruption

Hey Jomei! Long time no talk!

I would totally love to do something spooky with you. It went so well the last time. XD

I'm already out and about, so I shouldn't be too long. Give me like ten.

- Lessa

"You know, I hardly spend any time here." Lessa glanced left and right, surveying the buildings that stood like silent soldiers. Light streamed through their windows, illuminating the moments captured and made eternal in the glass. "It's pretty, I guess, but it kind of gives me the chills. It's very structured, you know? Really religion heavy. Sort of cult like." The woman shrugged, her blonde hair falling across her ornate breastplate. "Maybe I'm imagining it. I mean, the people are really nice and all. It's just kind of creepy."

As if searching for confirmation, Lessa glanced down at her companion. Riker, however, simply trotted dutifully by her side. His amber eyes remained trained on the path ahead, and his furry ears turned outward lazily. The player scoffed at her familiar. "You look so bored. Were you even listening to me?" In response, the wolf lifted his gaze to hers, transmitting overwhelming apathy before returning to the road. Lessa's own eyes rolled before she drawled, "Well, fine then." Instead, she simply busied herself consuming her myriad of consumables.

She was far from bored. On the contrary, Jomei's invitation had caught her at the perfect time; her entire day was free, and Lessa had just been wondering what the Irishman was up to. When she finally caught sight of him, she lifted her hand in greeting.

"Hey hey," she called out. When she slowed to a halt beside him, she reached out, clapped his arm fiercely. "It is so good to see you again. How've you been?"

Then, she turned to the other two individuals. "Nice to see you again, too," she greeted Chase. The third man remained a mystery to her, so Lessa extended a hand. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Lessa."

Lessa Consumes:
Liquor of Light ([177622]) (Damage 3)                                            
Divinities Wait ([177229-1]) (Mitigation 3)                                            
Divinities Protection ([177004]) (Overhealth 3)                                            
Crème Brûlée ([176310-1]) (Accuracy 2)                                            
Smores ([175590-1]) (Evasion 2)                

Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:118/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Name: Lessa
Level: 59
HP: 1270/1270 = 135 = 1405/1405
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 19 + 3 = 22
Mitigation: 126 + 45 = 171
Evasion: -1 + 2 = 1
Accuracy: 3 + 2 = 5
BH:38
THRNS:54
H.M.:1
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcturus (T3/Perfect/2HSS): Damage 3
Armor: Galaxy Armor (T3/Perfect/Heavy Armor): Thorns 2, Heavy Momentum 1
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T3/Perfect/Jewelry): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Fishing [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Ferocity
Athletics
Finesse (Rank 3)
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*5
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

With the questions going by unanswered for the most part, Chase just let out a deep sigh and gave an understanding nod. Before he could even open his mouth though, he heard familiar footprints and reached down to keep a hand on his sword's hilt, seeing the same dislikeable face he thought would be there; Freyd. For crying out loud, did Jomei have a tracker on him or... ah... his... his shop... right...

2132280765_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.6b65d6f88edbfe6a442c1a6234b0375d.png"... C-Come along.", he awkwardly blurted out and nabbed the antidote from Freyd's hands, applying it on himself and looking between the two awkwardly. And it was then that Jomei began to message somebody else... for god's sakes, how many more people could this party have..?! The silence went by... well, quietly, as Chase refused to engage in any form of conversation with Freyd around. And it was then that he noticed, a few minutes later, who said fourth party member would be. He quickly waved at Lessa and moved over to her side, starting to fiddle with his own thumbs in each pocket as he waited for them to get the show on the road already. They were sure wasting plenty of time so far doing nothing, but... with Lessa, Freyd might as well be bearable. Finally, a responsible adult. "Nice to see you too, blonde lady.", he quickly told her and stood by her side as she greeted the rogue, turning to Jomei and giving him a small smile that spelled out something like 'Thank you so much'. A desperate smile, that is. 

[ChaseR uses Antidote! (ANTIDOTE +3)]

ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 160/160 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]

"Freyd," replied the black-clad figure, shifting his weight to extend a hand and a firm grip of welcome.  Tall and wiry, his form was covered entirely by dark clothing and flexible armor crafted to make as little sound as possible as he moved.  He had the look of an assassin, with a charcoal-coloured cowl of finest wool draped over his head.  Only the lower half of his pale face could be seen, along with the hint of red-tinted eyes piercing through the shadows above.  His features were otherwise unremarkable, though his voice carried with a deeper tone suggesting age that belied what could be seen.  Various ties, clips and buckles of matte black metal kept everything in his ensemble in place and gave an air of practical function over other considerations, yet still carried with an undertone of subtle style.

This one looked like a warrior, and the memory of having seen her somewhere slowly emerged from the dark depths of memory.  "We fought against Skalaugh together in the wake of the Tanabata," he added, by way of recognition and respectful acknowledgement.  "Welcome.  If you'll all excuse me for just a brief moment, I have a few minor arrangements to make."  Freyd wandered across the street to his shop and informed Quip and Dingo of his intentions.  A hearty woman's voice could be heard berating him, laced with a thick Scottish accent that reverberated off the grey limestone walls of the abandoned monastery in the background.  Half-broken buttresses soared into the grey sky, reaching for ruins that were no longer there to find.  It was a very strange place to call home.  But Freyd was widely considered to be an odd duck, at best.

"Miraak makes his rounds starting and ending at the nearby chapel.  We won't be able to gain entry, but should be able to catch him as he leaves, if we hurry."  Gesturing to their left, he took the lead, and steered them towards their goal with long and purposeful strides. 

Fortune was in a favourable mood, or so it seemed.  Their quarry had just closed the chapel doors and made to turn in their direction as they approached from the western street of Angel Point's main plaza.  The square was obscured by the floor's ever-present fog, its dark cobblestones dimly lit by a series of lanterns hanging from equally spaced posts that provided the only true sense of its scale.  There were nowhere near enough people left in this place to fill it - yet another reminder of the oppressive sense of loss that pervaded the entire floor.

"Miraak!  A word, if you please!"  Freyd called out to get the man's attention and quickly guided them through the requisite pleasantries.

"I require your assistance. Some time ago when I was under Artamiel's influence, I placed a powerful seal of corruption in what once was the largest city of this world. I understand now that it must be destroyed if we plan to put an end to the Corruption of this world. It seems that the Angel's power didn't lift it and we require to remove it directly" 

A quick and subtle gesture accepted the quest.

"I know the way.  We should move swiftly, unless any other preparations are needed.  This is not a floor where you want to get caught outside the walls of a safe zone after dark."

A response to his message came back rather quickly, leaving the ginger smiling happily as he read over Lessa's acceptance of his invitation. "Alright, shouldn't be too long. She's on her way now." he informed the two players. What followed was the longest, awkward silence he had even been a part of. No words were exchanged between ChaseR... or Freyd.. or any towards him for that matter. In an already pretty quiet town, this made for some pretty extreme silence. Jomei shifted his weight back and forth from his toes to his heels, waiting for Lessa to arrive. Hopefully her personality would pull these two away from their feud so they could maybe enjoy questing together. God only knew that they needed to be a lot more focused this time than they were with Forgotten King.

Before long, a female voice finally greeted them. Finally, Jomei thought to himself as he turned to greet the blonde with a bright smile. "Its great to see you too, Lessa" he gently patted the hand that she had placed on his arm, "And thank you for coming." Introductions between her and the other two players began, though it seemed that Lessa and Chase were familiar with each other, while Freyd had seen Lessa through passing at a past event. With that out of the way, Freyd had one last bit of business to deal with in his shop just across the road. Jomei watched him run off, before leaning in a bit closer to Lessa. He spoke softly, for only her to hear, "Last time I quested with these guys, they spent the whole boss fight arguing. Hopefully with both of us here, we can avoid that. If not, we can keep each other company." his words held a bit of humor behind them, as to keep it a bit more light hearted rather than put down their two companions. 

It was not long before Freyd returned, and the four walked across the town's square to where the chapel stood. Fortunately enough, the priest they were tasked to find was already traveling in their direction. Their dark clad teammate took care of most of the talking, and got the group started on their quest to cleanse the corruption. Jomei could not help but feel a bit excited for this quest. It was awhile since he had teamed up with a group of four, higher leveled players and took on something dangerous as such. With a grin and a nod, Jomei spoke, "Alright, lets get moving then. Time is of the essence." 

Despite the humor the Irishman pumped into his words, Lessa grimaced. "Yikes," she breathed. Then, leaning in conspiratorially, she answered her friend. "That must have been so uncomfortable for you. But yeah, if it happens again, at least we have each other. Here's to hoping they just get along." Straightening again, she slanted Jomei a quick grin. No matter what predicament they found themselves in, be it mobs or infighting, she was glad to be spending time with him again.

It seemed they would be facing the aforementioned mobs far sooner than she anticipated. Only a short distance from the city's limits, another small party moved into their line of vision. At least, that was Lessa's first impression. That notion was quickly shattered when she noticed the soulless eyes. "Ah, crap," the Guardian muttered, reaching to ease Arcturus from it's place on her back. "I really, really hate it when the mobs are human like this." With a quick glance toward her party-mates, she hastily added, "I know they're not really humans. But they look human. That makes it harder."

Perhaps planning was in order. Likely the team should have come up with a strategy before even leaving the safe zone, but that time had passed. Instead, the Diseased Ones were nearly upon them. Extending her massive Claymore in front of her, Lessa called over her shoulder to Chase. "Alright, Blue, I'm going to see if I can get the jump on a couple of them. Why don't you grab whatever I miss?"

With that, the woman lunged, Arcturus sparking with brilliant golden light as it arced toward the nearest corrupted being.

Spoiler

[1|2|1|1] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:102/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%

Lessa activates Calamity Disaster (x12).
EN: - 12 + (2*4) = 20 + 3 (REC) + 1 (Well Rested 2/3) = 16

First Diseased One | HP: 536/800 | DMG: 240 | ID: 178574 BD: 6 HIT. 22*12 = 264
Second Diseased One | HP: 492/800 | DMG: 240 | ID: 178575 BD: 10 SUPER CRIT. 22*14 = 308
Third Diseased One | HP: 536/800 | DMG: 240 | ID: 178576 BD: 3 +  5 + 8 HIT. 22*12 = 264
Fourth Diseased One |  HP: 536/800 | DMG: 240 | ID: 178578 BD: 1 + 5 = 6 HIT. BD: 6 22*12 = 264 (+3 EN)

And so, the party trudged forwards until they came across a group of diseased ones, followed by the priest, they all came to a halt and Lessa took the first swing. With a jump forwards and a cleave of her blade, all of the monsters were damaged plenty; not that they seemed to be too rough in the first place. With the excuse to get as far away from Freyd as possible being given, Chase quickly nodded to her proposal and followed suit.

1552096885_ChaseDBPAwkwardSilent.png.fa003315c01986f21a082a59871db3f3.pngBefore he even began his attack though, he could already see a streak of white lightning coursing right through his blade, knowing fully well what was about to happen. "Cover your eyes, please.", he tried to warn his group ahead of time, so as to not flashbang them. And so, the bright white light began to form at the edge of his broken blade, slowly amounting to the missing half's form. And with a swing, one of the diseased ones instantly went down, only to leave the other three behind as the light dissipated. A few more swipes and stabs, and by the time the rest had opened their eyes, he had everybody's attention; the monsters being everybody, in this case. They kept charging right at him one by one, getting dodged with a few sidesteps and just jumps further back. "You good Lessa?", he looked over his shoulder to ask, only to be somewhat surprised. Of all the people to step forward, the one to do so was the... priest..?

Hold up, why was his name in the party?! "Allow me to assist you, travellers.", he proclaimed before holding his hand out, a golden circle appearing before a gentle light showed over Lessa. In an attempt to heal the tank that was already at full health, Chase could feel his eyebrow twitching. "M-Miraak, she's at full health...", he tried to tell the priest, but alas, he quietly pulled his hand back and kept behind the lot. "These vile creatures can be crafty. We have to be careful moving forwards."

Spoiler

image.png.d136d371186466ce7c13ed9bf3ace6f1.png

image.png.a783db897161adaa9326348d0969bfaa.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on the Diseased Ones! (BD: 10, 8+6=10, 1, 3+6=9)
(23 + 2 + 12) * 12 = 37 * 12 = 444 + PARALYZE [1]
23 * 12 = 276 [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
23 * 12 = 276 [4]

Second, Third and Fourth Diseased Ones attack ChaseR! (MD: 5-5=1, 7-5=2, 4-5=1)
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
ATTACK MISSED [4]

Miraak heals Lessa for 200 HP! (BD: 6, CD: 3)

[2/1/1/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:105/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/1/2/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/160 (-14) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[0/0/0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:173/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean -20% DoT

First Diseased One | HP: 0/650 (-444) | DMG: 195 | PARALYZED
Second Diseased One | HP: 66/650 (-276) | DMG: 195
Third Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195
Fourth Diseased One |  HP: 110/650 (-276) | DMG: 195

[Fifth Diseased One appears!]
Fifth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195

Edited by ChaseR
Battle Rotation: Lessa -> ChaseR -> Monsters -> Miraak -> Freyd -> Jomei

Carefully watching the melee unfold before him, Freyd was already calculating his options.  The more they fought, the more of the plagued zombies they would call down upon themselves.  He's face it before, and narrowly managed to save Quip and Dingo from just such a swarming during their first encounter.  

"Let them come to us," he suggested, calmly, as Lessa and ChaseR advanced.  "These fields and woodlands are crawling with these things, and they are attracted to sound.  While they may seem weak, sheer numbers could divide and overwhelm even this party.  I've seen them roam in packs numbering in dozens to hundreds.  We need to be smart first, and brave second."

Waiting for the next wave to close, he dashed forward to cut down as many as he could.

"Get'em, Persi!"

A cloud of black shadow went left as he turned right, looking like a mass of whirling claws and teeth that engulfed the nearest zombie and sprayed limbs and bits of gore in every direction, a pair of piercing blue eyes barely visible in the churning morass.  It had mauled a second one before rejoining Freyd as they crossed paths and withdrew back to the rear and await their next chance.  Crawling up on his shoulders, the shadowy beast took on its favoured form as a small mongoose made of inky blackness that slipped away back under his clothes.

"More," came the Whisper's firm warning, as another wave came at them from out of the mist, his eyes shifting about for further signs of trouble.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE, +8 for hits): 20 EN - (Rested 1/2, Finesse 3) = 16 EN

ID #178605 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +6, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*38=456) damage to Second Diseased One.
ID #178606 | BD: 3+6-1=8 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*31=372) damage to Third Diseased One.
ID #178607 | BD: 7+6-1=12 (hit, Fallen +6, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*32=384) damage to Fourth Diseased One.
ID #178608 | BD: 8+6-1=13 (hit, Fallen +6, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*32=384) damage to Fifth Diseased One.

[1/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:105/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/160 (-14) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2

[1/1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:153/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 167/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 2/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Second Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (66-456)
Third Diseased One | HP: 14/650 | DMG: 195 (386-372)
Fourth Diseased One |  HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (110-384)
Fifth Diseased One | HP: 266/650 | DMG: 195 (650-384)

[6th and 7th Diseased ones arrive]

Before long, Lessa had taken notice of the group not too far ahead of them, their humanoid shapes silhouetted within the dense fog of the floor. Their movements were staggered, a few of them idly standing in a tilted stance. They definitely weren't other players, that was for sure. Suddenly, battle broke out, and the zombified creatures were on top of the group of four. As one fell, another rushed from the shadows to take its place. Luckily enough, Jomei was the only of the four to not have any attacks that could rip into each of the diseased ones at the same time, so the other three were making quick work of it. Jomei, on the other hand, chose a target who had not been damaged yet. Rushing forward just enough, as to not cut himself off from the rest of the party, Jomei cut deep into one of the zombies, knocking it backwards a couple of feet. This gave him enough time to backtrack to where the rest of his companions fought. "I can't hit them all at once like the rest of you, but, one at a time, I can lower their health enough for you guys to wipe them out." 

Spoiler

ID 178610 | BD 3(+6)(-1) 8 | Charge | Over Radiation vs. Sixth Diseased One
14 x 23(+5) = 392 DMG

[1/0/0/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:105/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/0/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/160 (-14) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[0/0
/0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2
[1/1/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:153/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0/1/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Third Diseased One | HP: 14/650 | DMG: 195 
Fifth Diseased One | HP: 266/650 | DMG: 195 
Sixth Diseased One | HP: 258/650 | DMG: 195 (-392) 
Seventh Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 

Edited by Jomei

Lessa tingled faintly with the heal, and while the action had no other effect, she offered the NPC a smile. "Thank you," she told him. "I appreciate it." When the priest shifted away from her, she caught Chase's eye, loosed a quick, one-shouldered shrug. "Probably programmed to do it with this quest," she mused aloud. "Here's to hoping he'll be that helpful when we really need it."

Visibly impressed, the blonde watched Freyd deal with two of the mobs. Of course, when the pair fell, another pair appeared. Zombie mode, Lessa thought to herself, lips quirking with a private smile. How many years had it been since she had played a shooter game with her brothers? Channeling that vibe, she brushed past Jomei, hefting her massive blade once more. Arcturus crackled with power as she once more called for a <<Calamity Disaster>>. The moment her sword touched the Third Diseased One, it burst into pixels. Another of it's kin quickly followed suit.

"Like cattle to the slaughter," Lessa mumbled, then turned to her red-haired friend. "Yeah, but your single target attacks do some seriously devestating damage. I'm kind of jealous."

Spoiler

[1/0/0/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN: 93/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/0/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/160 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[0/0
/0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2
[1/1/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:153/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0/1/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean -20% DoT

EN: - 12 + (2*4) = 20 + 9 (REC) + 1 (Well Rested 1/3) = 10

Third Diseased One | HP: DEAD/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178653 BD: 9  CD: 7 CRIT. 22*13 = 286 (+3 EN)
Fifth Diseased One | HP: 2/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178654 BD: 4 + 5 = 9 HIT. 22*12 = 264
Sixth Diseased One | HP: DEAD/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178655 BD: 7 CD: 11 HIT. 22*12 = 264 (+3 EN)
Seventh Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178656 BD: 5 + 5 = 10 HIT. CD: 9 22*12 = 264 (+3 EN)

[Eighth Diseased One and Ninth Diseased Ones Appear]

Chase was somewhat dumbfounded. On one hand, it made sense that everybody was able to cooperate this well; they were all at the very least level 50. About himself and Freyd, he knew they were in the eighties. Jomei's and Lessa's levels remained a mystery though as they more than competently kept cutting down the diseased ones.

40755291_ChaseDBPDefault.png.1f4d7e2fcc887521d2db465dc6ff2ccf.pngBlue wasn't going to let up anytime soon though. With a strong grip on his blade, he led the charge once more and got in front of Lessa to get everybody's attention, only to feel his sword starting to grow weightier as he looked over his shoulder. "Eyes.", he warned and the inevitably blinding white flash followed right up. By the time it was gone, most of the diseased ones were crippled and one had completely crumbled to ashes. Not that it mattered, as another one emerged. Their attacks in return were slow enough for Chase to dodge with relative ease, before he noticed a green light surrounding everyone and dispersing with faint sparks. "I've cured you of any ailments they may have afflicted us with. You never know with the Diseased Ones.", Miraak said emotionlessly, putting Chase's lack of pride in his words to shame. "... It really sounds like routine to this guy..."

Spoiler

image.png.4dd7b037f7f2dbf6ab79d84242171df3.png

image.png.9a16daab69a85e0d68c493306bc18c84.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on the Diseased Ones! (BD: 6+6=10, 4+6=10, 9, 8+6=10)
22 * 12 = 264 [5]
22 * 12 = 264 [7]
(22 + 1 + 12) * 12 = 35 * 12 = 420 + PARALYZE [8]
22 * 12 = 264 [9]

The Seventh & Ninth Diseased Ones attack ChaseR! (MD: 6-5=1, 4-5=1)
ATTACK MISSED [7]
ATTACK MISSED [9]

Miraak attacks! (BD: 8, CD: 10)
All status effects from the party removed!

[0/0/0/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:93/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/3/2/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 131/160 (+1, -16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[0
/0/0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2
[1/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:153/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/1/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Fifth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 (-264) | DMG: 195
Seventh Diseased One | HP: 122/650 (-264) | DMG: 195
Eighth Diseased One | HP: 230/650 (-420) | DMG: 195 | PARALYZED
Ninth Diseased One | HP: 386/650 (-264) | DMG: 195

[Tenth Diseased One appears!]
Tenth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195

Edited by ChaseR

By this point, Freyd was in full-out blitz mode. Bits of zombie flesh combined with a cloud of shattered mob shards spraying behind him as he went.  It was as if someone had toggled on his 'wood chipper-shredder' mode and just cut him loose.  Flashes of angelic white light mixed with the howling screams of the void as his sword's seal momentarily opened to consume the poor, forsaken mass of flesh and fluids that foolishly stood before him.  Most disturbing was the complete lack of emotion expressed on what little could be seen of the man's face.  His actions were precisely controlled and methodical, perhaps even graceful like the practiced patterns of a mad dancer performing a choreographed series of stabs and slices, but it was too random and improvised.  The circumstances changed every second and Freyd simply seemed to adapt in the moment. 

Should anything remain after his passage, the same, small black shadow would emerge to rip and shred anything still surviving and cast it into oblivion.  It was like he had his own, private, inky murder-brigade tucked into his pocket that reached out automatically whenever it was needed, or out of disturbingly keen reflex.

"More," he simply said, his voice deadpan, but it was unclear whether it was meant as a statement or a request.

In his efforts to avoid further conflict with ChaseR, Freyd has focused himself on the fray, and this was the result.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE, +8 hits): 20 EN – (Rested 2/2, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 15 EN

ID #178677 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Charge +5, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (39*12=468) damage to Seventh Diseased One. 
ID #178678 | BD: 3+6-1=8 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (31*12=372) damage to Eighth Diseased One. 
ID #178679 | BD: 8+6-1=13 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (37*12=444) damage to Ninth Diseased One. 
ID #178680 | BD: 6+6-1=11 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (37*12=444) damage to Tenth Diseased One. 

[0/0/0/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN:93/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[3/2/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 131/160 (+1, -16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[
0/0/0/0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2
[2/1/1/1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:138/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[1/0/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 159/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 1/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Seventh Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (122-468)
Eighth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (230-372)
Ninth Diseased One | HP: 0/650  | DMG: 195 (386-444)
Tenth Diseased One | HP: 206/650 | DMG: 195 (650-444)

[Three more diseased ones arrive, and look terrified.]

Eleventh Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 
Twelfth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 
Thirteenth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 

Jomei chuckled at Lessa's rebuttal, "I wish that were always the case." His damage output may have been a bit higher, but it was still nothing compared to some of the other frontliners he surrounded himself with. One day he would get to their level, and the only way he could do that is by completing more of these quests. 

As more and more staggering, Zombie-like forms rushed in to engage the group, Jomei's companions continued to set them up and knock them down. The perfect combinations of AoE after AoE knocked out entire waves at a time. It was quite a sight. With one remaining from a prior pack, three more wandered from in from the shadows. "I'll just take care of this guy, give us a fresh start" Jomei said with a smirk, as he rushed in with another Over Radiation sword art. The sheer power of his most powerful attack ripped the zombie to shreds, leaving nothing behind. Moments later, another slowly wandered into their line of sight. "Just how many more of these guys are there?"

Spoiler

ID 178688 | BD 6(+6) 12 | Over Radiation vs. Tenth Diseased One
14 x 23 = 322

[3/2/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 131/160 (+1, -16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[
[2/1/1/1] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:138/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[1/0/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Tenth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (322)
Eleventh Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 
Twelfth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 
Thirteenth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 

Fourteenth Diseased One has entered the fray

Fourteenth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195 

Edited by Jomei

"I'm starting to think it's infinite," Lessa muttered, rolling her head to get out the kinks in her neck. "You really do kill one just to have another show up. But we seem to be doing fine." With a brief glance at her stats, she commented, "My energy is where it should be. So even if this is a little repetitive, we're in good shape."

As Lessa waited her turn, she watched both Chase and Freyd attack. One worked in sharp, blinding bursts of white light. The other controlled the shadows, seemingly bending the darkness to his will. Interesting, she mused. Surely, there had to be more driving a clear wedge between the men, but their polar opposite approaches to battle couldn't help matters. Clumsily shoving her blonde hair back from her face with a gauntleted hand, Lessa swung her attention back to the mobs. There would be time for analyzing her partymates later.

Once more filling Arcturus with power, Lessa traced a trail of gold as she exploded into the fray. Before she was done, crimson gleamed on four more diseased ones. "You're up," she called cheerfully to Chase, backpedaling to stop beside him.

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN: 84/118 | DMG:22 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[0/0/0/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 131/160 (+1, -16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[
[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:138/173 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 23 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean -20% DoT

EN: - 12 + (2*4) = 20 + 9 (REC) + 1 (Well Rested 0/3) = 10

Eleventh Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178778 BD: 4 + 5 = 9 HIT. 22*12 = 264
Twelfth Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178780 BD: 8  CD; 9 HIT. 22*12 = 264 (+ 3 EN)
Thirteenth Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178781 BD: 5 + 5 = 10 CD: 12 HIT. 22*12 = 264 (+ 3 EN)
Fourteenth Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195 | ID: 178783 BD: 7 CD: 10 HIT. 22*12 = 264 (+ 3 EN)

While Jomei and Lessa continued to converse, Chase's efforts to stay as far away from Freyd as possible while still questing together continued. Starting to grow tired of the constant reminder to cover their eyes that he had to give out, he groaned and almost glared at his sword. The enemies weren't anything menacing honestly and he appreciated the extra help to dish out damage, but... christ...

2069228869_ChaseDBPSilentUnsure.png.7c1edb7a832c1d9172984f8759cd5120.png"Eyes again.", he reminded the bunch and dove right in as soon as Lessa told him he was good to go, zooming right past her and feeling the increasing weight of his blade. This time, he raised it into the air and began almost maniacally slamming it down onto the ground, raising a big cloud of dust. A hinderance, but at least his next slash sent it all away as the light faded, and so did the full form of his sword once more. Three weakened, of which one completely shattered. And now, all three left began to throw more attacks at him, which he dodged with agile hops left and right. He turned to the priest to see him just nonchalantly glancing his way, raising his hand in the air only for a red hue to start appearing in front of it. And so, the ball that had formed dispersed into four streams of faint light that engulfed all of the four travelers. "I have bolstered your powers greatly. There mustn't be more than a single Diseased One ahead of us, after these. Please, exercise great caution.", Miraak continued, but the only question Chase had was how come his eyes were alright after looking at what was practically the sun from such a distance too..? Was he blind or did he just have no issue with it since holy seemed to be his area of expertise?

"...", the bluehead remained silent with a glance towards Freyd, who seemed to be ripping and tearing as per usual. Finally he was putting in a fair bit of work. He didn't give him the signal to keep going like Lessa had, remaining quiet and turning to the monsters before Jomei and Lessa mostly. The less talk between them, the better.

Spoiler

image.png.af9f4cf5da9f4e0ba21ab4361e83018e.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on The Diseased Ones! (BD: 5+6=10, 10, 5+6=10, 1)
23 * 12 = 276 [11]
(23 + 2 + 12) * 12 = 37 * 12 = 444 + PARALYZE [12]
23 * 12 = 276 [13]
ATTACK MISSED [14]

The Diseased Ones attack ChaseR! (MD: 2-5=1, 5-5=1, 5-5=1)
ATTACK MISSED [11]
N/A [12]
ATTACK MISSED [13]
ATTACK MISSED [14]

Miraak attacks! (BD: 9, CD: 9)
Increases all party member's DMG by 4 for 2 turns.

[1/1/1/0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN: 84/118 | DMG:26 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[2/2/1/0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 114/160 (+1, -18) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[
[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:138/173 | DMG:30 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0/0/0/0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 27 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Eleventh Diseased One | HP: 110/650 (-276) | DMG: 195
Twelfth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 (-444) | DMG: 195 | PARALYZED
Thirteenth Diseased One | HP: 110/650 (-276) | DMG: 195 
Fourteenth Diseased One | HP: 386/650 | DMG: 195

[Fifteenth Diseased One arrives!]

Fifteenth Diseased One | HP: 650/650 | DMG: 195

Edited by ChaseR

"Eyes." 

It was the same warning ChaseR had been giving since the melee began, and caused momentary confusion as it came from Freyd instead.  The soul-sucking black blade in his hands suddenly flared with the same brilliant white light.  The man in black, who moments ago had seemed like some sort of marauding demon of war, now seemed closer to some merciful angel of death dealing out final rest to the twisted, shambling forms before them.  Perhaps it was a function of Miraak's blessing, or something more nuanced within?  Regardless, Freyd's latest burst shattered and broke the lines of endless undead, such that only two remained.  One missing the left half of its face, through its shoulder to its hip.  Lessa swore that she could see a severed clavicle dangling from the ruined digital mesh.  The latter was the last of the swarm to emerge from the miasmic fog.  It's hollowed out eye sockets opening wide at the scene of devastation laid out before it.

Were it possible, the last zombie might have chalked this up to a bad day and shambled back into the murk of the forest, but Cardinal offered it no such option.  Instead, it groaned deeply while watching the rest of the group advance and knowing that its time was about to expire.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE, +8 hits): 20 EN – (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 16 EN

ID #178887 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Charge +5, Holy +6, Miraak +4).  Freyd deals (42*12=504) damage to Eleventh Diseased One. 
ID #178888 | BD: 2+6-1=7 (hit, Charge +5, Miraak +4).  Freyd deals (35*12=420) damage to Thirteenth Diseased One. 
ID #178889 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Charge +5, Holy +6, Miraak +4).  Freyd deals (42*12=504) damage to Fourteenth Diseased One. 
ID #178890 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Charge +5, Holy +6, Miraak +4).  Freyd deals (43*12=516) damage to Fifteenth Diseased One. 

[0] Lessa | HP:1405/1405 | EN: 84/118 | DMG:26 | MIT:171 | EVA:1 | ACC:5 | THRNS:54 | H.M.:1 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%
[0] ChaseR: HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 114/160 (+1, -18) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 5 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 81 | V.(DEF): 81 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5 | ANTIDOTE [3/3]
[
0] Miraak: HP: 800/800 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 2
[2] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1730/1730 | EN:122/173 | DMG:30 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86 | Tox.Ven 24 for 2t
[0] Jomei: 1570/1570 HP | 152/167 EN | 27 DMG | 36 BNR | 36 BLT | 6 ACC | 5 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 16 Healing | 79 B. Healing | Rested 0/2 | Clean -20% DoT

Eleventh Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (110-504)
Thirteenth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (110-420)
Fourteenth Diseased One | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 195 (386-504)
Fifteenth Diseased One | HP: 134/650 | DMG: 195 (650-516) [24 Tox.Ven. 2/2]

[Sixteenth Diseased One arrives! - LAST ONE]

Note: Roll #178888 incorrectly stated target as 12th Diseased, forgetting that it was already dead.  Applied to 13th Diseased instead.