[F6-PP] Moving Forward (Deforestation)

Eruda sits in her shop going through papers that of quest information she had made copies of, Raidou's notes if you would like to put it. It had been a month since Raidou had left her standing there, and she needed to become active again. These last few week have been harder than ever because Raidou led her to believe that the chance for them was there, but it wasn't. She had to admit though the talk she had with Kasumi helped big time. She had to deal with it now and possibly move on and lock down what she felt so that she could focus on what mattered the most right now... Glancing to the ground of her shop she seeing Freya still sleeping, snoring. A small chuckle escapes her mouth as she scrabbles through the papers again. Picking out a quest shortly after she looks it over and sees that it is on floor 6. With a sigh she thought that the best way to ignore and get over everything was to keep moving forward, to fight and get stronger. Apparently, it was the only thing she was good at. 

Eruda gets up from her chair and walks to Freya giving her a nudge with her foot saying "Wakey Wakey, we got stuff to do." Freya groans a bit and turns over. "I am leaving without you then," she gathers her things and heads toward the door. Raserei follows her out the door and Eruda purposely slams the door to wake Freya up. A small chuckle as she starts walking toward the warp gate. Swinging by the inn Eruda grabs 2 coffees knowing that Freya would quickly join her realizing she was gone. Sending a quick message after arriving on floor 6 through the guild chat saying:

To: Guild Chat

I am doing another simple quest if anyone is wanting to level. Floor 6, I'll be waiting.

Eruda sends the message with a chime of her HUD and waits for her sister and one other to join her.

Eruda | HP:880/880 | EN:76/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 38
HP: 880/880
EN: 76/76

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 107
BH:26
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 2]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

The door slams and Freya springs up in her bed saying "I'M UP!" Glancing around Eruda was gone. Looking at the time, 8 am... With a yawn, she gets out of her bed and hears a chime on her HUD. Opening it she sees Eruda who had left to floor 6. "Got it," she says quickly changing her clothing into her armor and heads out the door. The warp gate wasn't far, she says "Floor 6" as she steps on the pad and she turns to data moments before her feet hit solid ground again. Eruda was standing right there with a coffee in her hands. With a smirk on her face, she says "You knew I was going to show up didn't you." Eruda just gives a nod and a smile and hands her one of the coffees. Freya also grabs food from her bag that she retrieved from the vault a little bit ago. Eating it and sipping her coffee while she waits for something to happen.

Freya consumes: Damage 3 Pot (Titan's Strength)

Freya | HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG:14 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya
  • 3 months later...

A glance to the stalls, a message attacking the side of her senses. Eruda was out and about, planning to do something or another. A drop of the small necklace back into its place, its enhancements were rather mundane anyway. She'd hit maybe about half of the small shops in the town of beginnings, finding nothing notable worth purchasing. But such was the game, finding the more exquisite things took time and repetition. It would hardly be easy to find that next oddity, Simmone was sure. A softly tapped message returned, a move as her clothes would shift into something suitable. For the gate, and a murmur sees her torn upward in a flash of blue light. "Hello dears, been waiting long?" The black cat asked them, a rhetorical question expecting an invitation. Unsure what easy quest Eruda was eluding to, she was expecting a synopsis soon after. To see what it was they were walking into today.

Simmone | HP:900/900 | EN:90/90 | DMG:1 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8 | KEEN:1 | REC:4

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Lotus
Level: 45
HP: 900/900
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 1
Evasion: 1
BLD:12
LD:8
KEEN:1
REC:4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [T1/Rare/Rapier] (Bleed 1 [9-10{12 Dmg over 2}], 1 Keen)
Armor: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Misc: The Black Lotus - Expedition [T2/Perfect/Trinket] Recovery 2, Evasion 1

Skills:
Searching [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Assistant

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Misperception [T1/Perfect/Debuff/Instant]*3
Bird Seed (T2/Rare/Snack) Vitality 2*2
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T1/Perfect/Support/Instant] +60 HP*2
Cat's Gaze [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (3 Accuracy)

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Plant]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Simmone

A chimes of her HUD, receiving a message from Simmone. Biting her bottom lip softly, she looks to Freya as she was chugging her coffee trying to wake up. Shortly after Simmone arrives through the gates. "Not really," she looks to Simmone. She was there that night Raidou left her. She started feeling like her chest would explode, her emotions were still completely out of wack... She had told Freya, what happened and she said the same thing that Kasumi and Simmone had said. Just give it time, let whatever was going to happen take its course. For the most part she was okay, but her mind was still processing the possibility that something could still happen and she wasn't going to give up on that thought. She didn't want to... With a small sigh as she opened her HUD to glance at the quest saying "A flaming tiger. We are looking for a charred environment upon this green forest." Standing properly to her feet now, she glances to Simmone realizing she might have seen the slight despair in her eyes. "Let's head out." Giving a half smile toward Simmone she turns as starts walking toward the destination after sending a party invite and a quest share to each of them.  

Seeing Eruda shift up to her feet, she takes a look at Simmone. "Hey there again. How are you?" Glancing down at her cup with her lips puckered out. Freya drinks what is left in her cup and finds a trash to throw it in. It was clear that the coffee had done wonders on Freya. She was perked up and seemed a bit hyper. This was going to be fun. Freya was still fighting with whatever the hell was inside of her, but whatever she was doing was keeping it at bay right now. The thing would talk to her randomly and it was very disturbing at times, but she was not going to let it affect what she was going to be assisting with today or at least that was the hopes. After this thing with Freya and after she knew that Eruda was okay for the day she was going to grab that pet that the game calls a familiar. She has never had a pet before because their mother wouldn't allow it. Now was the time to get one...

A twist of her head to both twins, that truly were spitting images of each other. Simmone could now easily pick them out between one another though, their personalities were so defined on their face it was impossible not to. A smile toward both with a gliding advancement of her gaze. "I've been doing well dear, and I trust your judgment little lily. I've also passed something I found to Griswold." The woman implied about the blade she had found, tarnished and damaged. After some inquiry with the red swordsman as with all of those odd finds, he spoke to it suiting Eruda. Simmone was hardly one to argue with the man, knowing full well that he knew quite a bit about how things worked. If he believed it suitable for the blonde tank then she would hardly question that decision. Since the blade has been being worked by the smith to restore it to working function before the final christening process that she'd need to perform. But it was fine to let Eruda know about it, if even to tease her just a bit about its construction.

"Hmm, wonder what it will turn out to be..." she says out of curiosity. She knew that her father did great work when he put his heart into it. She wanted to be chatty but she couldn't bring herself to be. Simmone brought that night back with her, and it was painful. She just got over those feelings and was still. Neither Raidou or here made an attempt to speak to one another yet and it was starting to frustrate her a bit. It was like she was back at square one again. "Damn it," she says under her breath. She tries her best to focus on the quest at hands. After walking around the grassy lands for a few minutes, she finds the charred area that the quest mentions. "Freya, Simmone over here." Hearing now as they approach, a deep almost hissing growl in the distance. They were close... Taking out her sword and shield she looks to Raserei. "You ready for this girl," as the wolf gives a small growling huff at the noise that was closing in toward them.

Pulling her Scythe out quickly as she makes her way to where Eruda was positioning herself. Hyped up on coffee now she squints her eyes to look out into the distance trying to find where the weird howling coo was coming from. It starts to run toward them and Freya grins. Black oozing mist retracts from her frame as she says "Watch this." She starts running at the creature with all her speed which was pretty fast. The moment she gets close enough she stops with a slide and waits...waiting... NOW as she jumps onto the creature as it was running by. Freya now on his back with her legs wrapped tight around its torso as to anchor herself. She quickly puts the Scythe around his neck and pulls up with her other hand holding the bladed part of her weapon. The creature pops into data as Freya does a barrel roll to catch her fall, landing on her feet. Holding her Scythe up and her other hand to the sky, looking to the other two saying "TA DA." Freya has a huge smiled grin on her face now... 

Using Concentration, Explode Catapult [x14] -13 EN [14-3 (Finesse) + 2 (Hits 1)], Concentration CD [0/3]

ID# 187404 results: Battle: 2+4=6, Hits! vs Byakko Dealing 14*14=196-40=156 Damage, Killing it!

Players:
Freya | HP:420/420 | EN:29/42 | DMG:14 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Simmone | HP:900/900 | EN:90/90 | DMG:1 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8 | KEEN:1 | REC:4
Eruda | HP:880/880 | EN:76/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | EVA: -1 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Enemy:
Byakko | HP:150/150 | DMG:60 | MIT:40

Edited by Freya

"Tada indeed." Simmone couldn't help but chuckle at the girl enjoying the fresh kill, and just like that the quest was over. Simmone pauses for a moment, taking note of but a single plant laying in the middle of a field. Where all was black this single stem with two leaves was not, and it was odd that it was the only thing still standing after all else was destroyed. A couple soft steps sees the black cat lean down and take a closer look at the thing, and the ground around it was even scorched black. "Curious." Simmone expresses with an exhale, taking a quick gander around with a sliding glance. It was the only one, left in this field. "Well." She perks up and looks toward the twins. "I suppose our quest is through, now Freya what was it you wished to speak to me about?" She had not forgotten that first message, and was just waiting for the opportunity to handle its contents.

Freya walks to Simmone with a small chuckle, glancing down at the tiny green upon the damaged black. She leans down to a knee and ever so lightly touches the green leaf. "Our conversation was cut short. I know his name and that he is your brother... I want to know how he died. There is so much sorrow inside of me all the time and I feel like a huge part of that is because of him." She may have been too upfront, but right now with the coffee, her mind was racing and with that came an ass load of questions that she could not begin to answer herself. She couldn't count the thing in her mind to do so. She needed another source. Simmone being who she was to him was just the person. "I just want to understand him more." She looks around at the entire scorched area and then back at this one lively plant... How did this even happen is what kept going through her mind as she looked at it.

A twist of her head as Freya begins to fondle the thing, to which Simmone was confused. Not only was it odd to stroke it like the girl was, but even still that she just assumed it safe to touch. There was a reason why she hadn't. The question from the blond makes her heart sink. A sadness, that she could never forget. "Well, Freya. The boy you hold, was my youngest sibling of two. His name is Tuatha. Or Tuatha Dé Danann Bélanger Rouzet Sadoul Escheté the 3rd. Named after his grandfather, and christened with that same platinum blonde hair." Simmone spoke from the heart toward the girl who was racked with her past. "He died..."

This next piece seems to fall away rather quickly, as her voice leaves her. A hard swallow allows them to return. "To protect a young girl, a humble boy that gave his life to a commoner. Leaving his throne and that giving the girl the biggest gift he could ever muster. His heart. She rushed across an open street. We were on retreat, and he just happened to be there. For a ball, he pulled her out of harms way in the nick of time I was told. If it were me would she be alive? I wonder. it is not easy to make that sacrifice as easily as he had. Always trying to better the world and to give, to bestow his value on others and make them stronger for it. That boy had the biggest heart I've seen since..." 

Since Raidou

The black cat looked visibly shaken, as if she was speaking to him. It had been on her mind since, and worked to disturb her beauty sleep. Seeing such a ghost clamber its way out of Freya's back some time ago.

Vanity Tag: @Freyd

Edited by Simmone

Freya stands now. Somehow hearing her speak about him calmed her coffee high. Maybe because it was sad, but heart melting at the same time. "If there a chance to see him again, would you. I know that last time it was nerve racking, but now that we know that it is possible..." Her HUD chimes. Looking at it, with a raise of her brow, she looks around the area, Eruda was gone. "I guess Eruda had other things to attend to," she says with a small chuckle. Eruda was on go, go, go mode. No rest and it was rather refreshing to see her out there doing so well. Eyes meeting Simmone's again, and tilts her head slightly. She couldn't even begin to imagine how hard this was for Simmone to talk about him like this. She saw him once before through Freya just a couple weeks back, was she actually looking at Freya or just seeing him through her eyes. It bothered her thinking this. 

"Not particularly no." Simmone offers plainly in honesty, given that she knew if she were to see it that it couldn't possibly be true. That wasn't Tuatha, he was dead. It had taken to calling itself Kurayami. It was almost fitting that the thing was calling itself by a different name. "I suppose she had." Simmone offers the defusal of the offer, unsure how to process the potential of seeing her long diseased again. A bit of a wobble as she starts to head toward the settlement, trying to conceal her face from Freya in earnest. She'd much rather not have to explain should they begin to leak. This recollection was still so fresh, he was ripped away long ago but that wound was ripe. "You coming dear?" Simmone asks of the girl in a weak voice. The soft footsteps in the ash beneath her feet, leaving prints as she starts away. Hoping that Freya would get the gist that she couldn't stand to be out in the field anymore.

As Simmone turns away, she knew that she was fighting back tears. It was something that she did to avoid people looking at her while she did so. Freya just felt god awful now. "Simmone, I am sorry. Here, let me make you something. Anything you want. Come back to my house. Comfort food if you prefer." It was then that she realized that she wasn't thinking about anyone but herself when she was trying to get answers to solve her own problems. It was the same thing she did with Eruda when she was living with her and she didn't want to be that person again. She hated that person. Taking a breath as her heart began to sink with the feeling. "Please let me cook for you, show you that I am sorry in the only way I know how. Plus Shiina won't be there this time. I can cook one hell of a meal if I set my mind to it." She says this with a small smile, hoping that Simmone would come along with her. 

"Nothing that will make me fat." Simmone remarks with a dismissal, trying not to admit that it was a soft spot for her. The girl's shop was on floor 7, Simmone knew due to constant deliveries to Gaius's warehouse. Walking in tandem with Freya and onto the slightly raised platform in a dark gray. Simmone was first. "Floor 7, Deepedge" She responds and the lights bend in an instant, forcing a firing outline of cyan to pour around the rim of the circle beneath her feet. A high pitched thump, the black cat is transitioned upward in a flash of blue hue. A clatter into the different floor with the same sun, a rolling set of fields in gold whisked softly on the present breeze. Whatever she had to do to convince Freya that she could handle it. To convince herself that she could handle being called mockingbird again. She'd take it. 

Right after Simmone she steps onto the warp pad. "Floor 7" speaking as she is gathered up into data. Feet land on her home floor, or at least that was what she thought of it. Gaius made it that much easier to call it that. In a way, she already thought of him as family and not because they were in the same guild together either. As they walk to the shop, she begins to of things to create that wasn't going to -make her fat-. Could that even happen here or did everything you eat mentally make you feel like you were eating so you gain wait... It was a weird concept to think about. Unlocking the door, she finds Ko and Boris wrapped around each other sleeping on a table. The house was still clean... "Wow, that is a first. Wait," she says, walking into the kitchen. Everything was the way it was before they left... "Wow," she says almost shocked. Taking out some rice and some eggs from the fridge, something easy, but filling and had little carbs but high in protein. Turning the stove on she says "Take a seat, I am going to blow your mind."

Following in tandem with Freya as she makes moves toward the girls tavern like shop, this was the first she'd actually been inside. A large chamber with round tables, akin to that of a bar. A distinguishable set of stairs on her immediate left as she passed through the storefront portion of the building. It was as if this thing had multiple stories with rooms, curious. What was even more jarring was how clean it was, given the owner was Gaius she assumed the thing would be in disarray. But it wasn't. Taking to the bar stool and slinking her long pale white legs around its rim, she leans forward and places her head on her palms. As Freya trails off behind the wall and she can see her slightly through the rectangular slit that lay just beyond the counter. The kitchen. "Alright dear." Simmone offers in a soft voice, allowing the girl to blow her mind. It was already fracturing.

After a bit of time, long silence as Freya makes scrambled eggs with rice, tiny steak pieces and some seasonings that she used frequently. Scooping a portion onto two plates and taking out two small bowls. Placing the remainder in the bowls for the two monsters sleeping still. Boris smells the food and pops his head up, Ko gets up from his movement with a yawn. Freya takes out the cheese that she shredded earlier and sprinkles some on each potion. Placing the bowls on the floor for Ko and Boris as the both run to them, Ko jumps with ease, but Boris just falls off the table like a sack of potatoes. Freya chuckles and brings the two plates to the table, sitting across from here. "I really am sorry. I am just trying to understand. I hope you like the meal, though. I learned from the best in Aincrad." Saying this with a smile. Looking at the dish now the cheese has melted over. She starts to dig in, that's what she got for missing breakfast.

"It's alright dear." Simmone replies weakly as her eyes affixed to the dish produced by the girl. "The best in Aincrad?" Her mind gets stuck on that little expression, unsure who she meant. A lift of her hand pulls out a pair of gilded black and ebony glass chopsticks, her own set that she stuck to. A slight dig through the meal, slowly and as a form of distracting her from her own attacked thoughts. "This is actually very well made." Simmone remarks toward Freya without looking her direction, the quality was keenly far beyond typical and even higher class restaurants. The click of her chopsticks as she continues to work it slowly, she wasn't quite a heavy eater so it would take her some time. Even graceful when she ate. A pair of familiars rush out at the smell of food, and Simmone couldn't help but take of the fresh one. Boris she recalled, Ko she did not. A small cat, who seemed just as earnest after what was produced by the chef.

Eruda walks back to her shop. She wanted to finish her quilt. Her help was done not that she was much of it today, but it was still nice to see the faces of Firm Anima. Seeing there time being used wisely as Eruda's just felt like it was standing still. She felt like she was missing something. Something big, but she couldn't put a finger to it. Sitting on her chair, she takes the almost finished blanket out of its cubby. A needle and a long red thread trailing the lining. This was a project that she has been working on for some time now. The nights that she couldn't find rest, the days that seemed short as quests got put down quickly. She found it relaxing, something that Raidou had been trying to find. An hour passes as she was hard at work and after months of progress, she was finally done. Snipping the thread and tying it off, she sets the needle down and gets to her feet with the blanket in her hands. Spreading it across the table to see her work, a comforter with a deep purple thick lining to it. The middle a red that looked the color of the robe. Placed directly in the middle was the symbol of Firm Anima, what it stood for. Edging the trim of the material was all the names of Firm Anima, and at the end the words -and more to come-. The very first name Raidou, second- Eruda. Then comes everyone else.

The next time she spoke with the man in red, she would give in this. She hoped that he would take comfort in sleep with such an item. Know that no matter what, Firm Anima will always stand by him, his family, loved ones, the Guild that he built out of scratch and made it a home to be proud of. 

Quest Complete:
Eruda
:
5 SP (1 Thread Count, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Reward)

Freya:

Simmone:
400 Col (Thread Count)
3*<<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.

Edited by Eruda