Episode feedback: The World of Swords

• 1 month later...

Well, being the first episode I do have to agree I got hook on it from the start. I actually enjoy how we all got introduce to some future characters through foreshadowing, specifically the female characters in particular. Plus, how quickly that punch of terror is dealt by Akihiko Kayaba and his scary GM avatar (can't help but think the red liquid he forms himself from is blood or a symbolism to the blood spilled or about to be spill). Though, it broke my heart to see Kirito lose all admiration for his idol the moment he learns how the game is going to be played.

What were your favorite scenes from the episode? What symbols did you caught in the beginning that might have come out in the other episodes?

My favorite part in this entire episode is when the two guys find out that one of them was lying about being a girl. Albeit a random little snippet, I can fully relate to their surprise because I played female characters in games like World of Warcraft and so on myself. Also, I've met numerous "female" players that were also played by males. In fact, there was this running joke where my guild-mates and I would ask each new "female" member whether or not they were actually female. If it was a yes, we would celebrate and give the new girl around a hundred gold for being truthful. Obviously we made sure they weren't lying to us by utilizing our guild vent, but man...good times...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...