Episode feedback: General of The Blazing Flame

• 1 month later...

I wanted General Eugene to win. Why?

Cause Kirito is a damn cheater that's why!

He didn't earn his skills and ranks, he just got them through a glitch in the system, the lucky...

He didn't deserve to beat Eugene. Eugene was a badass, and his sword made me cry tears of joy.

I wanted Kirito to lose, just so we would get a sense that "this kid is human and cant be the god of everything", but instead, more wish fulfillment.

I wanted General Eugene to win. Why?

Cause Kirito is a damn cheater that's why!

He didn't earn his skills and ranks, he just got them through a glitch in the system, the lucky...

He didn't deserve to beat Eugene. Eugene was a badass, and his sword made me cry tears of joy.

I wanted Kirito to lose, just so we would get a sense that "this kid is human and cant be the god of everything", but instead, more wish fulfillment.

But hes gotta win or he cant save Asuna blaaaaaah! Kirito got really dumb for me in the second arc, his plot armor really shows in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that while I enjoyed the fight in the anime well enough, it just didn't really do it the same amount of justice as they did in the novels. The author really took the time to set the stage, explaining why this particular duel was so incredible. Since AlfHeim did not use the Sword Skills like SAO, most of the battles were clumsy, just two people wailing away at one another. So for Kirito and Euguene to show such advanced combat skills such as parries, the aerial maneuvers, and Kirito's skill at wielding the dual weapons made the duel something truly epic, easily the most intense 'high level' duel that most of the players present had ever seen in the game.

Yeah that was a pretty awesome fight. I like how he sends his little "soul Fire" flying when he beats that guy. I also like how the rest of the army has the "We're Fked" face on once Kirito beat him.

Haha, I enjoyed the more "That was awesome," reaction from the other army, because you know, it was a game, and no one can really die, so it was like a show for them. Hahaha. Nothing crazy serious. I think Kirito was taking it the most serious, but thats just because of his SAO history.