• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such things as an honor system are so easily taken advantage of. You would need a dedicated team of GM's to monitor active 'quest rp's' just to keep up the need of honor. As things start, it would be easy to do, but the larger the game gets the more people will tend to branch out any and every which way. It would make it harder to keep track unless an equally branched out system between the GM's was planned out to keep track. If there was a way for Players who have started their own games to keep a sort of journal to trace their steps, like a business man would keep track of his going's on through the day. sort of like:

xx:xx : me and (such-and-such) PC accomplished this in our adventure for to day

And from there, the time/and-or date could be an active ink to line back to the point in the rp mentioned. But that's just my suggestion ^_^;;

Rather than monitoring anything, why not have a system where users, after having completed the RPs required, post in a level-up app thread?

For example... Someone comes up with leveling rules. Ex.: "Completed RP" = RP with 2 pages per character involved, and whose interactions have come to a close (maybe the thread gets closed, or maybe the user just posts "--end--" in their last post).

So for 2 characters in the RP: 2*2=4, so the RP needs to be at least 4 -whole- pages long.

For levels 1-10, 1 completed RP is +2 levels.

For levels 11-30, 1 completed RP is +1 level.

For levels 31-50, 2 completed RPs are +1 level.

For levels 51-70, 3 completed RPs are +1 level.

For levels 71-90, 4 completed RPs are +1 level.

For levels 91-100, 5 completed RPs are +1 level.

For every boss battle participated, you get +1 level.

In this thread, to apply for a level-up, post this form:

Character name:

Current level:

Links to completed RPs:

So basically, all the mods/GMs need to do is check the page count on the linked threads, and all people need to do to level up is post the form whenever they have enough RPs under their belt. Very similar to Ahni's idea!

Basing it on something like post count or word count would allow RP-hindering and story-hindering problems to arise- so I agree that those had to be removed. xD However, I think levels are a necessary part of an MMORPG RP, so getting rid of them altogether would be a little awkward RP-wise. There might be ways to level up that are RP-based and appropriately paced to the story of the world as we progress. At the rate we were going before, some players would have started the game at level 20. Just like having no levels at all, that would have been a little awkward RP-wise. XD

Maybe, to simplify everything, they could just be awarded by GMs on a participation basis after battles and events. From the rapidly expanding GM roster we have, I don't think being cued in to post to people how much exp they gained after each battle would be too much work as long as the GMs take turns or something, but... well, it'd work now but maybe not in the future if too many people join and fights become extremely frequent. xD;; Maybe a GM should come in and award exp after each RP thread comes to a close, instead? It would cut down on the work a lil.

Another idea would be to say how much exp mobs on each level are worth, how much exp each boss is worth, and then let members calculate their exp gain themselves. But yeah, honor systems. I like em, but many people don't, so let's not.

My favorite idea so far is to have users report their completed RPs with links in a thread, basically turning them in for levels. Each level can come with a certain amount of skill training allotment, and new skill slots could unlock from special quests or attaining certain levels. Seems simple and clean enough to moi!

I was thinking one of two things:

Scenario 1) People turn in their RPs for a level up. Every level up, they will have points to distribute among both your stats AND life skills like crafting.

Scenario 2) Life skills like crafting are raised on a separate system from levels. Maybe you turn in a certain amount of posts in non-completable, open-ended threads like towns? This would keep the towns a busy and necessary part of everyone's RP experience, because not RPing in the towns would mean not levelling up life skills. This would... also make a whole lot of sense for people who supposedly sell their services/set up shops.

I actually like that idea of 1 rp = 1 skill point. Though might be rather hard to judge just by a certain amount of posts in a town? Not sure how that'd work. For the others though it'd also be easy enough to keep track of, gm just checks their rp links in their profile.

And since most people seem against the honor system, maybe everyone has to do a 'level check' every 10 skill points? Like you hit a cap and have to submit to a thread for approval before you're allowed to rp with any more under your belt?

LV 10: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

I also don't know if 1 rp = 1 skill point should also = 1 lvl, 'cause what if we end up with someone leaving floor 10 at like, lvl 50? Or would most rps go slow enough/spread out that this won't be an issue? Though that happening probably wouldn't be surprising since a lot of players would stay on a floor longer than needed to make sure they're slightly overpowered for the next floor as a security measure; I think they mention something like that in the series? *vague memory*

Methinks it'd be interesting to do it as you described- 1 RP = 1 skill point, so you can get better at something with every RP. At least in the beginning where training in skills won't mean being godly at anything. To prevent the overquick progression to higher levels, I was thinking that there should be a ladder where eventually, you'd have to turn in 2 points instead of one to progress in a skill/to the next level, and then 3, and so on and so forth.

Man people are just so distrusting here *shakes head*.

I both like and hate Nevina's system.

10 SP per level? Good for the start, but people would reach level 100 way too fast IMO. Maybe something like:

1 Battle Post = 1 Sp

1 Boss post = 10 SP (Level up!)

That way we're not giving out SP just for rping in the town.

pff, no being Sayian, bad Insy and Pi :p..

Ok so to get back on track, the ideas we have so far and sorry if i miss anyones..

1 SP per Battle/Crafting post

10 SP for Boss post

10SP per level

Number of RP's completed

Graded by GM's

The only problem with some of these is that

#2: people could complete RP's in 2 posts while others will take like 10+

#3: Forces people to post quantity over quality which seems to be a big issue.