• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you people want. At the start of this topic I imported the post-to-level scale used on my other RP site. But whether it will be used or not is up to everyone, maybe a poll should be made. It can either be RP post based, however there are pros and cons with that; mostly relating to perspective of quality over quantity which everyone has difference of opinions on. Right now it's based on post rank, you make 10 posts it automatically shows you as level 2; you make 38 posts and it shows you as level 3 and so forth. Again, quality over quantity is to be debated, however it's all automatic and encourages people to post more to become more participant and active with their characters and this site to be the greatest.

Well no matter how you look at it, however we do the levels it would have the possibility of giving any PKer an unfair advantage. In terms of level can't always look at what's "fair" and "not fair", but what would work best for the site. Honestly I've seen this work wonders for the victums of pking, if they lose a battle (not get killed, but say escape) they'll post more, if they use an alternate account with it too, they'll post with that account more too even if their original account dies, to gain their level. Only thing to watch for would be spam like posts.

Do we have any rules stopping a person from posting as both their main account and their alternate account at the same time? Cause if not I don't see how it would matter if they were level 1 with it or not, that would have been on them to level that character up.

As for how to do it, is it possible to make it so that only your posts in the role play areas raise your level? Like a way to specifically gain "experience" in only designated zones? Or are we talking about grading posts?

To be honest I had something of an idea that uses others ideas about this and for items too. Each thread can work like this when either a) enough posts have been made for a day or b) enough time has passed a gm will do a thread report stating:

items gained

and exp gained (resulting in skill ranks or levels ups as need be)

along with other things (pet obtainment, guild status and such) and that's how I hoped we could do this but I just never seemed to speak up.

The only problem with Kay's idea is that it requires a lot of GM's to do that (in the end atleast). I have seen these idea's before and they always fall through because GM's are busy with other projects/ideas/Real Life. Load to much on GM's and they wont be able to post themselves.

Dont get me wrong, i love the idea but i can see it getting abused and after some time, neglected.

I think the best course of action is to stick with level=rank

Hate to say it, but I kinda see Crim's point. While Kay your ideas are good on paper, when executed it'll be a mess to handle.

Unless we have GMs who's job is to just do thread reviews, I don't think it's going to work. Even then it's not going to work because we're all human. For now Level=rank seems to be the best option until we can think of something else.

I deem this discussion open, but for the sake of RP starting, getting the ball rolling etc: Level = Rank is the way we're going to do it.

• 5 months later...

Im not sure if this was discussed and I am sorry if it was or not relevant to the topic.

Idea: Character Rosters [Also saw this in the archives on Integrability] Each player will have a roster listing stats, items, equipment, level/exp and whatever else is necessary to play the game. I see it more like a DnD sort of thing, like a pen and paper sort of deal but on a forum. The point brought up was "What about an Honor Code System?" The rebuttal was that people could take advantage of that. How about if a Mod/GM approved the applicable experience/data to the character and then they in turn can edit their roster with the updated information and then mark it with at the end with a date, and time, and approved by whom in a spoiler.

So it would be like...

EX: +35 Exp points for 'Completion of x'

Approved by: 'name of GM/Mod'

Edited: Date/Time

Now the question was scaling experience and Levels

Suggestion:

Level ---- EXP

1-4 ---- 100

5-9 ---- 200

10-25 ---- 300

26-29 ---- 400

30-40 ---- 500

40-50 ---- 600

50-60 ---- 700

60-70 ---- 800

70-80 ---- 900

80-90 ---- 1,000

90-100 --- 1,500

So for levels 1-4, you would need to earn 100 XP to reach the next bracket, so on and so forth. Experience can be gained by Excellent Role Playing, defeating monsters/bosses, or won via events or whatever the site wants!

• 5 months later...
Well at least it's figured out right

Reason I went for a long length span for leveling to posting ratio was because I honestly didn't want to see level 10 users in a single week's time. The 568 posts required to reach level 10 would presumably take anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month to reach. Which to me is a decent amount of time for players to get to know the site, make acquaintances, and be able to help back to new users.

I could design a Spreadsheet that automatically calculates stats based upon the Class the player has chosen, how many posts they have made as the character (which could be searched using an implanted "Keyword" exclusive to that character ranked through to S

So, let's say, upon joining, I distributed 5pts to Stat #1, 3pts to Stat #2 (and so on).... and I picked a Shadowblade (random class title).... well, my random stats would be added to my Class Stats to form my TOTAL Stats, and I would use them as a general marker for progress in the game. Additionally, my sheet (for Maximillion) would contain the "Number of _-Class Quests" for each Class, so that my Stats would be automatically updated as soon as I merely added an additional pt to the Class type I just completed.

Here is a visual sample of a spreadsheet I just put together... all Staff would have the spreadsheets, and posting the results would be as simple as taking a screenshot of each sheet (weekly/monthly/etc) for each character. (reducing the workload for staff, and the expediency of results for players).

http://i.imgur.com/Z5kft3N.png

Z5kft3N.png