[SHOP-F4] The Frozen Blacksmith

The Frozen Blacksmith

At first glance, the building standing at the edge of Snowfrost Town is easily mistaken for another cottage. Only the orange glow constantly emitting from the window, the smoke leaving the chimney, and the frequent sound of clashing steel distinguish The Frozen Blade as a forge, rather than another comfortable settlement. Inside, one will find a large forge on the in the center on the wall opposite the entrance. A counter separates the room about halfway within. On the walls past the counter hang weapons and armor of a simple nature, as Setsuko hadn't made anything truly worth bragging about as of yet. Also behind the counter, on the far right, begins a stairway that leads to the second floor of the building: her own personal area.

For Sale

Item Name: Steel Rapier (2 IN STOCK)

Item Type: Rapier

Item Effect: N/A

Item Description: A shimmering steel rapier, there's nothing setting it apart from other rapiers other than its beautiful design.

100 Col (2 Available)

Item Name: Atlantis Shield (2 IN STOCK)

Item Type: Shield

Item Effect: N/A

Item Description: A massive shield, the wall doesn't have any attributes other than its huge stature.

100 Col

Item Name: Swift Blade

Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword

Item Quality: Uncommon

Description: The swift blade is comfortable to use, allowing for better maneuvering for quicker attacks, giving the user a +1BD.

300 Col

Item Name: Steel Dagger

Item Type: One-Handed Dagger

Item Quality: Good

Description: Just a simple, steel dagger.

100 Col

Order Form

Item Name:

Item Type:

Item Effect:

Description:

Order List

» Rebekah «

» Dylan «

» (OPEN) «

Crafting Expertise

Rank 3 (4 Crafts/Day)

XP: 51/80

Materials: 1/9

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

4-5=bad Item

6-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Material History

Starting = 16

Dylan = 8

24 materials ever

Crafting History

Good Item (<>) + 2XP

Bad Item (<>) +1XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Bad Item (<>) +1XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Good Item (<>) +2XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Perfect Item (<>) +8XP

Good Item (<>) +2XP

Rare Item (<>) +5XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Bad Item (<>) +1XP

Bad Item (<>) +1XP

Uncommon Item (<>) +3XP

Bad Item (<> +1XP

Good Item (<>) +2XP

Good Item (<>) +2XP

Uncommon Item (<>) +3XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Uncommon Item (<>) +3XP

Failed Item (<>) +1XP

Good Item (<>) +2XP

Uncommon Item (<>) +3XP

Rare Item (<>) +5XP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the confines of her small cottage on the edge of Snowfrost, Setsuko rested in her small, not particularly glamorous or comfortable bed. I've gotta get out of bed. I needed to do some forging. After all, I did just finish playing errand girl for that obnoxious oaf of an NPC. Even with that thought in mind, it took every ounce of the teenager's willpower to sit up. Her arms stretched up towards the ceiling as a yawn left her. Water clustered around her eyelids, which was quickly wiped away by her fingertips. Not long after, she found herself stepping out of bed and down the stairs to the forge beneath; after changing into her basic armor and equipping her rapier, that is. Don't suppose I need to change, though. Not like I've got any customers to deal with.

When she finished walking down the stairs, she immediately stepped towards the anvil and forge and filled a seat between the two. Heat from the flames within the forge flooded the area surrounding it. Thankfully, the games mechanics seemed to prevent the cottage from burning down. With a swipe of her hand, her menu opened up, and she withdrew one of her <>, which materialized onto the anvil. Let's see if I can get anything decent from this.

Using a pair of clamps, she grabbed hold of the ingot using them and placed it within the fire. A few seconds later, she moved it back to the anvil. She then used the hammer/mallet she had kept after the quest named <> and began repeatedly striking it. Molding it into the shape of her desired object: a rapier, was unnecessary. The game took care of all that. All she had to do was strike until it formed.

1 = Epic Fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4 = Fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7 = Bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

10 = Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11 = Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12 = Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

CD: 9

Good Item

Daily Attempt #1

Only about ten strikes after she started, the <> took the shape of a rapier. A smile grew upon her face. Her hand gripped it by the hilt and gave it a thrust. It felt nice, but Setsuko checked the description of it just to be sure. Unfortunately, she found that it was just a simple <>. No enhancements, no special name, no special description. Damn it. I'm just going to have to keep trying before I find something to replace my current rapier. Without a second thought, she hung it on the display rack closest to her, disappointed.

Having moved a <> onto the table, Setsuko followed the same process she had with the previous iron ingot. Perhaps if I use a stronger material, my odds of getting a better weapon will increase.She placed it in the forge, let it get hot, moved it to the anvil, and began hammering away at it. Come on, please give me a decent item. When it began to glow and change forms, Setsuko immediately saw a flaw with it. The blade was bent at a forty-five degree angle. Setsuko shook her head. Not even worth selling.

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

CD: 7

Crafting Attempt #2

Bad Item: +1XP

After recieving a invitation for a wedding, Dylan decided he wanted to give them a gift for this special occasion. Not knowing too much about gifts, he decided to get the bride-to-be a rapier so that she could use it. He left his dog, or familiar, outside as to not cause trouble. He walks in and goes straight to the counter. Hello! I would like to buy the Rapier on display." He puts 100 Col on the table.

Setsuko, who had been drifting off to sleep on the bench on the wall opposite the staircase behind the counter, was surprised by the sound of a voice. Immediately, she stood up from the bench and stepped towards the counter, ending up standing opposite the customer. "You've got it." She said in the most customer friendly voice she could put on before counting the col he had placed on the table. "Perfect." With that, she picked up the rapier on display, and handed it to the man. "Thanks, come again." She awkwardly smiled before taking her payment.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #1

Setsuko found herself hammering away at another <>, hoping she could craft something worthy of being called a weapon. Her hammer clashed with the ore, resonating the metallic clash throughout the building in the middle of the night. At this hour, her shop was long closed, giving her the freedom to pound away without even the slightest distraction.

CD: 2

Item Quality: Failed

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

As with every time, the ingot began to glow a bright color when she had struck it the required amount of times. It, however, didn't even form into the shape of a blade. Instead, it looked like a pile of torn metal upon the anvil. What the hell? Why is it even possible to create something so worthless. Her hand lightly smacked her head in frustration. At this point, she didn't even know whether to blame the system or herself for the repeated failures.

Daily Crafting Attempt #2

Determined to make something even remotely decent, Setsuko hammered away at her second <> of the night. Come on. She was growing ever more desperate for at least an uncommon item; anything that would be able to replace her current equipment. Can my luck truly be this bad?

CD: 3

Item Quality: Failed

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

Her luck truly was that bad. Like the <> used in her previous attempt, the metal glowed, shifted into the form of scrap metal, and regained its color. What the hell am I supposed to do? Did I choose the wrong profession? With failure in her mind, she found herself stomping across the room, and back up the stairs. Tomorrow, she'd try again, but for now, she couldn't handle anymore forging failures.

DAILY CRAFT ATTEMPT #1

Setsuko set upon following her daily routine of crafting her two items. She pulled the steaming hot ingot from the forge, placed it on the anvil, and began striking it. I hope I get something decent from this. As of yet, she had only crafted one usable weapon, and it was only of good quality; not uncommon, rare, or perfect. It infuriated her knowing that she hadn't been able to make anything useful as of yet. Fifth time's a charm?

CD: 5

Item Quality: Bad Item

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #2

Almost immediately after throwing her first attempt of the day to the ground, Setsuko placed another <> into the forge with her tongs and waited. When she figured it was hot enough to mold easily, she removed it, using her tongs once again, and struck it with her hammer repeatedly. Let's be honest, this isn't going to be any better than the last five things I've made. Her hopes weren't exactly at a high-point.

CD: 1

Item Quality: Failed Item

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

Setsuko was glad her hopes hadn't been set high. When the blade formed into the familiar useless pile of scrap metal, she slid her hand across the anvil, ignoring the burning sensation, and knocked the pieces to the ground. So much for blacksmithing. With that, she moped her way up the stairs and back into bed. Perhaps I'll have better luck tomorrow, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Traveling back down the stairs for her seventh attempt at crafting a better weapon for herself, Setsuko did her best to keep her hopes up. Unloading a <> from her inventory, she clamped it between two forge tongs and placed it in the fire. She held it in the flames longer than she usually did, before pulling it out and placing it on the anvil. Round seven's a charm? She shook her head in a sort of sarcastic frustration, only she wasn't too frustrated, just a little ticked off.

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

To her luck, the <> began to take form into something that looked usable. When its glow faded away, a shimmering <> was left in her wake. She checked its values; nothing setting it apart from her current weapon, but it certainly looked better. Well, I suppose it's better than nothing. Setsuko thought, before moving it to the display rack.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #2

Having used up the last of her <>, Setsuko placed an <> in its place. From there, she simply followed the same process she had on her previous attempt, as it had seemed to be more successful than most of her other attempts, including her very first. I can do this.

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

She was wrong: she couldn't replace her success. That familiar pile of <> found its way on her anvil a fourth time. Without a second thought, she slapped it off her anvil; it exploded as it hit the air and the ground, similarly to a monster's death. Setsuko found herself stepping out from behind the counter, locking the door, and proceeding to leave her shop for the day. Might as well do something I'm good at.

Well, round nine.

To say that Setsuko was beginning to lose hope wouldn't emphasize just how truly upset she was. The past eight attempts to forge herself something of a higher quality had completely failed. Not only that, but most of her fails were utter garbage, leaving nothing but scrap metal in the wake of her forging. It was infuriating, but at the same time, it also drained her confidence as much as her joy. Yet somehow, she found herself following the same routine as she had for the past few days: stepping down the stairs, opening her menu, unloading a metal from her inventory, and so forth.

Perhaps we'll try with an <>

Her forge clamps took hold of the ingot before she pushed it within the forge and held it close to the flames. This continued on for quite a bit of time, until she deemed it enough. With that, she went through the final step of the process: she began to hammer at it. Each strike was filled with determination; she needed to succeed. It was eating away at her that she hadn't had any success, and that needed to change. It would change.

CD: 12

Item Quality: Perfect

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP